X-Men Gold, X-Men Blue

GM: Pursuit
The Dark Harvest and adventures in Psyscape and the Magic Zone

What do you think of Pursuit's cockamamy idea to divide the group into two teams?

Yes, I'm all for it!
25%
Um, no, that's dumb.
No votes
I'm good either way; I just want to kill monsters.
75%

Total votes: 8

Pursuit
Game Master

X-Men Gold, X-Men Blue

Post by Pursuit »

Hi, guys!

I have an idea. I want to share said idea and get your feedback.

Does anyone remember the old X-Men comics? Back in the X-Men's heyday of the late 80s and early 90s (particularly the Jim Lee years), Professor Xavier realized he had too many mutants on his hands to effectively lead them all and broke them into two teams: X-Men Gold and X-Men Blue. Scott Summers ran one team, Ororo Monroe ran the other, and things generally worked out okay, organizationally speaking. They would come together for the really big fights (looking at you, Magneto), and Wolverine would generally just kind of show up with whichever team he damn well pleased. Chaotic good Canadians, man. What are you gonna do?

I find myself in the metaphorical chair of Professor Xavier, in that I have too many high-powered, awesome characters to manage, and I think I want to try out his solution. 8 characters in a game like Rifts is too many for me personally to effectively GM, and I want to give everyone's characters the attention and chances to shine that they deserve.

So, here is my proposal: I want to break you into two teams. Each team would be running a different part of the Dark Harvest storyline (believe me, there's plenty to do) leading towards a final climax. The teams would come together at the end for the big finish of the storyline, but would otherwise work on parallel tracks.

What do you think? Sound good? Bad? Really bad? Please vote and let me know. And if you have ideas to share or questions to ask, please comment below.
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 3/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
Sis

Re: X-Men Gold, X-Men Blue

Post by Sis »

Couple of thoughts:

I think it would be cool and would definitely let our characters do more.

Will we slow down to half our current pace or is Timmy going to double his GM post count (no preference on my end just wondering)

I can almost guarantee that I won't keep up with whatever happens on the "other" team. I struggle to be motivated to read threads my character isn't involved in.

How would this work for sis's leadership edges when we join back up? Would the bonus be able to be applied to the other team when we are together?

Otherwise I like the idea!
Sis - Nega Psychic
Details
Bennies: 2/3
-1 for Fear Reroll

Conviction: Yes

ISP: 18/20
-1 armor
-1 smite
Wounds: 0/4
Fatigue: 0/3
Parry: 5
Pace: 6
Toughness: 15 (6)

Active Powers:

Active Effects:

Notable Edges:
Alertness: +2 to Notice rolls
Attractive: +1 to Performance and Persuasion
Brave: +2 to Fear checks
Strong Willed: +2 to resist Tests
Command: +1 to alles to unshake

Notable Hindrances:
Bad Rep: (Racial) Uncooperative reaction of known to be altara
Blind (Racial): Can’t read or see purely visual info
Instilled Ignorance (Racial): No core Common Knowledge, plus -2 to CK rolls
Storm Fouled Senses (Racial): Inclement weather (Sand Storms, Fires with lots of smoke) -2 to notice, fighting, shooting, etc

Update Signature
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Sis wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:31 pm Couple of thoughts:

I think it would be cool and would definitely let our characters do more.

Will we slow down to half our current pace or is Timmy going to double his GM post count (no preference on my end just wondering)
The latter. A big part of my slowness in posting is in my brain; I get in my own head about needing to spend an hour and a half on a post. Smaller posts are less intimidating and easier for my crazy brain to deal with.
Sis wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:31 pm
I can almost guarantee that I won't keep up with whatever happens on the "other" team. I struggle to be motivated to read threads my character isn't involved in.

How would this work for sis's leadership edges when we join back up? Would the bonus be able to be applied to the other team when we are together?

Otherwise I like the idea!
Your edges would definitely still work for the members of the other team.
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 3/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
Goswin Aigner

Post by Goswin Aigner »

I'm ok with whatever. *Whichever team will take Goswin... :?
Goswin Aigner, Elemental Fusionist
Goswin, Elemental Fusionist
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 6; Toughness: 15(7)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • All Thumbs: –2 to use mechanical or electrical devices.
  • Elan: +2 when spending a Benny to reroll a Trait roll.
  • Elemental Brotherhood: See/converse with all elemental entities (including spirits of dark/light). Such beings see Goswin as a brother and will offer/request aid if needed.
  • Fusion Synergy: Powers activated using the fusion Trapping gain a free reroll on all related Trait checks. They also gain a +2 Toughness bonus to barrier, entangle, and protection.
  • Life Sign Harmony: Environmental protection makes him immune to all negative effects or damage from his life sign, and elemental manipulation Trait checks are made at +4 when using his life sign's Trappings.
  • Marksman: Ignore up to 2 points of penalties from Range, Cover, Called Shot, Scale, or Speed; or add +1 to first Athletics (throwing) or Shooting roll. Character may not move or fire greater than RoF 1.
  • Primordial Bond: While in nature, Fusionists have Danger Sense.
    • Danger Sense: Notice roll at +2 to sense ambushes or similar events.
  • Strong Willed: +2 to resist Smarts or Spirit-based Tests.
  • Variable Trappings: When activating powers, may choose between Air, Earth and Lightning Fusion trappings.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; PP: 0/30; PP: 20/20
Bennies: 4/3; Conviction: 1/1
Edit Signature
White Castle

Post by White Castle »

Castle is a utility character. Great for support and Investigative type missions. Likely the best Occultist that is a non-caster on the team.

Return to “Tomorrow Legion - 32nd SET”