Kardis and Ziton Intro

Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Breaking Free of Thorns and Briers

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Z and K are in each of the Testing Rooms (#9) to the north.
The Thorns Map 3rd.jpg
From Hangout
Kardis and Ziton are being held in labs: Ziton has been following Kardis around as a chronicler of his adventures.

7 mins
Jon Neeper
Kardis!! (Oh wait you probably speak Kardis' language)

Jon • 6 mins
Oh yes I do. I speak three trade languages
My thinking is He was a Temporal Wizard (not a good guy). But somehow his evil was destroyed and it erased much of his knowledge and memories.

6 mins
Jon Neeper
(Native tongue). Where are we Keeper, what place of wonderment can keep Kardis?

Jon • 6 mins
[in character] Looking around confused Ziton answers. "I do not know this place but something is terribly wrong. Look at all the noise and dust." [/in character]
Hum, we need a Forum

4 mins
Jon Neeper
(Kardis nods). The noise is disgusting. I find it foul and oppressive. We will end the noise and seek retribution!
Sarge's Roles _

GM of a Vauxhall Knights Campaign

Player Characters - Savage Rifts Groups
  • Architect, Chaing-Ku - Vampire Hunters
  • Silverclaws, Wolfen MARS Techno-Warrior - 18th COT
  • Xero X Kalvin, Psi-Stalker Chiller (Burster Variant) - 12th AAT
  • Doc Olliday, D'Norr Cyber Doc/Weird Scientist - 24th COT
  • Luke, In'Valian MARS Rogue Scholar/Super Scientist - 77th CIT
  • Asher Black, Human Information Broker - Level 4: Shattered Dreams
  • Ozzati, Trimadore Techno-Wizard - 7th SET
  • White Castle, Human MARS Rogue Scholar/Legacy Scout - The 32nd
Player Characters - Savage Dimensions
[*]
Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Re: Kardis & Ziton Waking up

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Kardis and Siton are both contained in one of these.

There is a noticeable change for both of you as you are now aware of where you are.

The container you are each in is old and by some standards archaic. There can be seen steam or air escaping from cylinders at the base. The lights beyond the glass containers are dimmed. Everything has a very metalic taste, smell, and feel. The rooms you are in, have doors to the south, and the north walls are exposed to dirt and earth. Other than that, you are each alone in your separate room.
No Longer the Specimen
First thoughts are to escape the containment cell. How will you do it?
Attachments
Contained.jpg
Ziton

Post by Ziton »

Trying to gain his bearing Ziton is still fuzzy and looks around for a way out, or anyone that could be of use or help. "Can you help me find my equipment? My armor and weapon do not come and go so easily as yours." Focusing his awareness on the magic around him Ziton stumbles around a bit. Hitting his knees as his head spins. "Holy crap, that hurts, there must be something in interfering with my spells."
Exalted Detect Arcana 1, critical failure
Exalted Detect Arcana [dice]26999:0[/dice] (no +1 as I assume he does not have his staff)
Exalted Detect Arcana Wild [dice]26999:1[/dice]

True Sight - Exalted Detect Arcana: Rank Novice, Power Points 2, Range sight, Duration 3 (0/turn). This Mega Power effect greatly enhances detect arcana, giving it expanded analytical effects. With a successful arcane skill check on a particular magical effect or supernatural entity or phenomena, the caster can learn the following:
What kind of magic is at work.
Currently active powers.
General type of supernatural creature (vampire, werewolf, dragon, etc).
Any enchantments present on an item.
How much PPE or ISP a target possesses.
Other information the GM thinks appropriate.

When used on a supernatural creature, a raise on the arcane skill check reveals any general susceptibilities, including Weaknesses and ways to bypass Invulnerability. The power might reveal a ghost must be laid to rest by finding an object important to it in life, but not exactly what that object is or where it’s located.
This Mega Power effect can be used by Masters of Magic who have detect arcana at will. They must spend 2 Power Points to use it.
Using exalted conceal arcana means the caster is −2 (or −4 with a raise) to be seen or found with clairvoyance or divination.
Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Ziton's (the Keeper) innate powers do not respond. Maybe he shakes his hands and tries to stretch and do it again, no juice and no show?

The glass container is still unphased by Ziton's actions.
Ziton

Post by Ziton »

Ziton taps on the sphere with his staff to see how it responds to the force. Gradually increasing the force until her tries all he has. Then hoping perhaps the thing is not bolted down he tries to run back and forth getting a good timing and rocking motion going between the two passes to see if he can get the machine to fall over. Whatever it is this contraption looks like UWW or TW work and he had no idea if it had any flaws he could take advantage of.
OOC Comments
Knowledge (Arcana) [dice]0[/dice]
Knowledge (Arcana) Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Ziton after running firmly into the wall of the container, finds himself looking down at the floor of the Temporal Stasis Unit (TSU). The glass appears to converge and then taper. The tapered end is then threaded into the stand and effectively creating the seal for the TSU.
Kardis

Post by Kardis »

Kardis drools finding the metallic taste unfortunate. The demon of Eden! Vanquished, a bright light then nothingness... Keeper, I swore upon my life no harm would be foul his person why he travelled with me. Where is he?. Kardis roars, " Keeper!!!!!!!". He summons forth his armor and a brilliant cosmic dagger like weapon and plunges it forth into the area where steam is escaping. " Kardis!"
Breaking the containment 18 ap4
Str +3d6 ap 4, breaking objects do not take raise damage
[dice]0[/dice] plus [dice]1[/dice] ap 4
Bennies= 2/3
-1 extra effort

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d4, Spirit d4, Strength d12+4, Vigor d10
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 35 (½ Vigor+2 plus armor); Strain: 0

Exalted boost trait: fighting 1d12+2

Combat edges: Elan and First strike
Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Kardis draws his entrapments to himself, willing both armor and blade to appear, which they do. To Kardis's amazment, they appear outside of his TSU. The force with which these items are called throws them against the container with such power that the glass container shatters upon impact with Kardis's vestments.

With the glass shattering, Kardis looses focus and his vestments fall to the ground in the pile of broken glass fragments.
Kardis

Post by Kardis »

Sgt 86Delta wrote:Kardis draws his entrapments to himself, willing both armor and blade to appear, which they do. To Kardis's amazment, they appear outside of his TSU. The force with which these items are called throws them against the container with such power that the glass container shatters upon impact with Kardis's vestments.

With the glass shattering, Kardis looses focus and his vestments fall to the ground in the pile of broken glass fragments.
So it is Kardis is free once more. I must find Keeper then seek the sun... What planet am I on? Kardis with care draws his vestments to him. The space seems small, perhaps I am unable to keep my cosmic form in such a confinement. Ken maybe better suited. Kardis takes on his disguised form of Ken. Where are you Keeper?" Kardis looks arround in the room for anything of intrigue and then tries the door eaither by handel or brute strength. If the lighting is dim he relies of his cosmic awareness( Infra red vision) to locate any bodies.

Notice [dice]0[/dice] Wild [dice]1[/dice]

Strength if required for door to open it [dice]2[/dice] wild [dice]3[/dice]

" Keeper, if you still draw breathe hear my voice and find comfort... Kardis comes for you."
Attachments
IMG_3298.JPG
IMG_3298.JPG (37.43 KiB) Viewed 31688 times
Bennies= 2/3
-1 extra effort

Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 35 (½ Vigor+2 plus armor); Strain: 0

Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Kardis (disguised as Ken) finds no issue with drawing his vestments to him and then donning them in the now broken confines of his TSU. He does not notice anything of great import to himself and feels quite certain that he can continue on his epic quest.

Heading south out of the room, he is faced with little resistance. The door (a pocket door) actually slides back into the wall. There is a hallway running east/west for 30' feet in either direction.
Ziton

Post by Ziton »

Getting frustrated Ziton slows down as he sees his efforts are fruitless. Looking around he takes survey of the environment and tries to see if he has any options.
Kardis

Post by Kardis »

An invariable Labyrinth of skill and cunning, no doubt installed by the servitors of shadow. If Keeper where here he would have laughed at the paltry attempts of mortal to confine us, undoubtedly Keeper would have made short work of this egnima... The enemy knows Kardis has always had trouble with puzzles, vile and wretched teasers of the brain! Keeper... Keeper... Where have you gone? I will slink upon these walls checking every cranny and nook if need be. No task is to humble nor too great. I will find you!!

Kardis follows the hallway as stealthily as he can. Making sure not kick over rubble and cause undo notice to his escape. He checks for doors opening each and making sure Keeper is not trapped inside.

Stealth=4 [dice]0[/dice] Wild [dice]1[/dice]

Notice=6 [dice]2[/dice] Ace [dice]6[/dice] Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Strength=14 if need to force a door open: [dice]4[/dice] Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Bennies= 2/3
-1 extra effort

Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Ziton feels inspired to run. Running counter clockwise.
Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Ken looks to the East and sees a wall of earth and dirt. Various objects lay strune about on the floor near the dirt, in the dirt, and tangled in very large roots sticking out from the earth.

When he turns to the west he can see a door a few paces up the hall from his own and again a large slide worth ot earth and soil with same composition of materials on near and around the earth and dirt.
Ziton

Post by Ziton »

Seeing how the device is laid out Ziton figures perhaps circling widdershins may be of some help. Getting up his bones pop a bit and he decides he may as well give it a try. starting to pick up pace he starting running a circle widdershins until he feels something more happening.
Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Ziton wrote:Seeing how the device is laid out Ziton figures perhaps circling widdershins may be of some help. Getting up his bones pop a bit and he decides he may as well give it a try. starting to pick up pace he starting running a circle widdershins until he feels something more happening.
Ziton notices the container is moving up with him in it. The glass container is coming away from the base. In three or more revolutions the container will be just resting on the base.
Kardis wrote:An invariable Labyrinth of skill and cunning, no doubt installed by the servitors of shadow. If Keeper where here he would have laughed at the paltry attempts of mortal to confine us, undoubtedly Keeper would have made short work of this egnima... The enemy knows Kardis has always had trouble with puzzles, vile and wretched teasers of the brain! Keeper... Keeper... Where have you gone? I will slink upon these walls checking every cranny and nook if need be. No task is to humble nor too great. I will find you!!
Kardis is on point and notices that there are very loud scraping sounds coming from the door that was next to his. Nothing else seems to be stirring.
Kardis

Post by Kardis »

Sgt 86Delta wrote:
Kardis is on point and notices that there are very loud scraping sounds coming from the door that was next to his. Nothing else seems to be stirring.
Hark, what is this? Scrapping of the remanents of the demon of eden, or perhaps a summons by the world tree herself? Let forth the world know and be unveiled!!

Kardis, still as Ken, with great care slides or pushes, or perhaps even pulls the door open revealing the monster inside!!
" Sight has seen you foul creature. You dare put Kardis in such a cage? For what purpose---" Kardis halts as perhaps he spies the creature.
Bennies= 2/3
-1 extra effort

Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:Kardis, still as Ken, with great care slides or pushes, or perhaps even pulls the door open revealing the monster inside!!
" Sight has seen you foul creature. You dare put Kardis in such a cage? For what purpose---" Kardis halts as perhaps he spies the creature.
Ever wondered what a huma would look like in a hamster ball. Kardis sees Keeper in a TSU running furiously and the glass container moving upwards. Neither Kardis nor Ziton can hear the other.
Kardis

Post by Kardis »

Sgt 86Delta wrote:
Pender Lumkiss wrote:Kardis, still as Ken, with great care slides or pushes, or perhaps even pulls the door open revealing the monster inside!!
Ever wondered what a huma would look like in a hamster ball. Kardis sees Keeper in a TSU running furiously and the glass container moving upwards. Neither Kardis nor Ziton can hear the other.
Only in Phase world have I seen such a wonder. Keeper!! Kardis is forthcoming shield your eyes from the glory!! Kardis glances at the room, unsure if it could hold his fury unblemished.
Unclear if Keeper could here him, Kardis/Ken waves Keeper to shield his elderly eyes. " Shy yourself away from the light of the forge unsullied!!" Legends say of entire star systems going blind if not prepared to witness the sun's fury unleashed. With that final thought Kardis regains his cosmo-knight form, no longer the Ken doll, but a cosmic force of nature!!
Quickly he summons forth his cosmic vestments and unleashes his cosmic weapon, a halberd wreathed in cosmic flames from the forge itself!!!
Cosmic weapon attack on the sphere holding Keeper, 22 AP4
Str +3d6 AP4
[dice]0[/dice] plus [dice]1[/dice]AP4
Bennies= 2/3
-1 extra effort

Ziton

Post by Ziton »

Kardis wrote:
Sgt 86Delta wrote:
Only in Phase world have I seen such a wonder. Keeper!! Kardis is forthcoming shield your eyes from the glory!! Kardis glances at the room, unsure if it could hold his fury unblemished.
Unclear if Keeper could here him, Kardis/Ken waves Keeper to shield his elderly eyes. " Shy yourself away from the light of the forge unsullied!!" Legends say of entire star systems going blind if not prepared to witness the sun's fury unleashed. With that final thought Kardis regains his cosmo-knight form, no longer the Ken doll, but a cosmic force of nature!!
Quickly he summons forth his cosmic vestments and unleashes his cosmic weapon, a halberd wreathed in cosmic flames from the forge itself!!!
Cosmic weapon attack on the sphere holding Keeper, 22 AP4
Str +3d6 AP4
[dice]27040:0[/dice] plus [dice]27040:1[/dice]AP4
Freed from the prison but surrounded by glass Ziton is very careful to extricate himself with as little injury as possible. "Thank you Knight for your aid. I was growing both winded and worried about how to land once it fell.
"Have you by chance any idea where we are?"
After asking Ziton checks his armor and gear for any glass stuck in the cracks that may come back later to cause trouble.

"Is there a plan? If not would you perhaps be willing to make a whole in the roof so we can get out of this prison?"
Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Note to Ziton
How fast do you siphon or regain PPE?
Kardis

Post by Kardis »

Kardis nods to Keeper and crouches low, well as low as someone who has the gravemetric signature of a singularity can.
" Keep your distance good chronicler. The fury of Kardis is unleashed!!"
Then springs upward to the roof sweeping his legs and hopefully bashing a large swath of it.
Keeper has always had the ideas even if he is just a simple chronicler. Shaka!!
Rear Kick to the ceiling, 16MD
Str plus d8 MD 2"x4" swath in the ceiling.
[dice]0[/dice] plus [dice]1[/dice]
Bennies= 2/3
-1 extra effort

Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Kardis wrote:Kardis nods to Keeper and crouches low, well as low as someone who has the gravemetric signature of a singularity can.
Then springs upward to the roof sweeping his legs and hopefully bashing a large swath of it.
[dice]27067:0[/dice] plus [dice]27067:1[/dice]
It all comes down
Kardis needs an Agility check at -2
Ziton needs an Agility check at -2
Failure on Agility Check requires a Str Check
Its Heavy
2 feet long
4 feet wide
2 feet thick
150 lbs per cubic foot
(length * width * thick/12 * 150) = total in pounds
(2 * 4 * 2 * 150) = 2400 lbs = Str of d12+5
Kardis

Post by Kardis »

Sgt 86Delta wrote:
Kardis wrote:Kardis nods to Keeper and crouches low, well as low as someone who has the gravemetric signature of a singularity can.
[dice]27067:0[/dice] plus [dice]27067:1[/dice]
It all comes down
Kardis needs an Agility check at -2
Ziton needs an Agility check at -2
Failure on Agility Check requires a Str Check
Its Heavy
2 feet long
4 feet wide
2 feet thick
150 lbs per cubic foot
(length * width * thick/12 * 150) = total in pounds
(2 * 4 * 2 * 150) = 2400 lbs = Str of d12+5
This ceiling cannot withstand the might of the cosmos!!
Keeper! Even though the cosmic word was uttered in my mind, it has found root in the physical. The ceiling cannot withstand Kardis and Keeper!! It comes down all of it!"
Agility -2 = 4 total. [dice]0[/dice] wild [dice]1[/dice] EF Benny with Elan [dice]2[/dice]
It looked like for a moment a peice of ceiling heavy and unlooked for might cave in Kardis' helmed face, but at the last moment Kardis glares at it with his cosmic beams melting it into harmless lava.

Keeper's Direction [dice]3[/dice]
Direction of falling ceiling [dice]4[/dice]
Bennies= 2/3
-1 extra effort

Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

The slag of the ceiling falls straight down. Between Kardis' Cosmic Beam and the remainder of Ziton's TSU the ceiling shift directions and deposits itself south blocking the doorway.

Unless you want to break a hole in the wall, the only other options are dig in the dirt, or head up a floor.
Ziton

Post by Ziton »

Ziton waits until the ruble clears and then steps out again. "Thank you Kardis, do you see any other trouble sources up there? I would really like to get out of this prison before whatever guards captured us return. I would also like to be able to figure out how long we have been imprisoned." Looking around the rubble of the broken machine he will see if there are any safe crystals to take that he can use as currency later while Kardis makes sure the path above is safe.
"If you would be willing to grab me and help me get up there I would appreciate it friend knight."
Jon Asked
Ziton recovers 1 PPE per 5 minutes unless there is another option, such as a ley line close in which case he will refill off of that quickly.
Kardis

Post by Kardis »

" Keeper, I too would like to know how long we were trapped beyond our means. What was your last entry?" Kardis nods lifting Keeper up into the hole.
" I must resume Ken for a short while. I would think the might of Kardis may be too much for such a hole. The last thing I would want is to cause this entire place to be our forgotten Tomb."
Does Keeper remember the mining facility on Dreylax XI? Such was a time when our breathes were short and fear crept even into my mind. It seemed Keeper aged many years in that dark place...Once Keeper is up and in Kardis grabs hold of the ceiling near the hole and then draws his vestments away reshaping into his disguised self: Ken.
Quickly he pulls himself up after Keeper

Strength Check if needed: Str [dice]0[/dice] Wild [dice]1[/dice]

Kardis/Ken follows keeper through and then looks around in the next level for any clues to a way out.

Notice [dice]2[/dice] Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Attachments
Ken.jpg
Ken.jpg (22.39 KiB) Viewed 31674 times
Bennies= 2/3
-1 extra effort

Ziton

Post by Ziton »

Resting his feet down Ziton thanks Kardis for the help and reaches out with his sense trying to identify if there is any great source of arcane power near. "I feel split in my desires, I want to rest and recover some of my power, but I also want to be clear of this dangerous area. Let me feel out for anything of note before we move to blindly."
OOC Comments
Notice Roll [dice]0[/dice]
Notice Wild [dice]1[/dice]
  • Dimension Sense: With a successful Notice roll, a Shifter can determine relevant information about a dimension he is in or one he views through a Rift. This includes hostile environmental conditions, how closely related the dimension is to Rifts Earth, and whether or not it’s a temporal shift.
  • Expanded Awareness: Shifters can use detect arcana at will, with no PPE cost, as a free action.
Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

As Ziton's power begins to return a few things happen.

(Room Below)
  • In a closet on the east wall can be heard a knocking of wood on wood.
  • In the southern part of the room, where the slag of the ceiling has blocked the southern exit, tiny red lights begin appearing all over the crushed TSU from the floor above.
(In the room Ziton and Kardis are in and the room they left.)
  • The roots in the dirt to the north begin moving and a wailing begins to eminate within the room you are leaving.
  • The objects shining in the dark begin glowing and and figures begin to arise from and near the mound of dirt.
Kardis

Post by Kardis »

Sgt 86Delta wrote:As Ziton's power begins to return a few things happen.

(Room Below)
  • In the southern part of the room, where the slag of the ceiling has blocked the southern exit, tiny red lights begin appearing all over the crushed TSU from the floor above.
  • The roots in the dirt to the north begin moving and a wailing begins to eminate within the room you are leaving.
  • The objects shining in the dark begin glowing and and figures begin to arise from and near the mound of dirt.
Kardis Ken looks back down the hole hearing the wood on wood knocking. " Don't give me your pleeding eyes Keeper. I know you would have me investigate every nook and cranny in the four universes if you had your way. Haha on the lava fields of Magma II you once asked me how long I could survive submerged... Then again in the mirror world of Ardent Prime you beseech me to look in each, over 1000 just to see if my shape would bend to their machinations." Kardis drops back down and upon hitting the floor he retakes his cosmic forged born form.
Shakka! Kardis is whole and unfurled! Kardis smiles and looks up, " Keep a watchful eye on me, but do not let your old eyes become blinded by my cosmic radiance. I do this for you old friend!" He moves quicky if he can and opens the closet. " What ho, lies in this hidden alcove?"
Bennies= 2/3
-1 extra effort

Ziton

Post by Ziton »

Kardis wrote:
Sgt 86Delta wrote:As Ziton's power begins to return a few things happen.

(Room Below)
Kardis Ken looks back down the hole hearing the wood on wood knocking. " Don't give me your pleeding eyes Keeper. I know you would have me investigate every nook and cranny in the four universes if you had your way. Haha on the lava fields of Magma II you once asked me how long I could survive submerged... Then again in the mirror world of Ardent Prime you beseech me to look in each, over 1000 just to see if my shape would bend to their machinations." Kardis drops back down and upon hitting the floor he retakes his cosmic forged born form.
Shakka! Kardis is whole and unfurled! Kardis smiles and looks up, " Keep a watchful eye on me, but do not let your old eyes become blinded by my cosmic radiance. I do this for you old friend!" He moves quicky if he can and opens the closet. " What ho, lies in this hidden alcove?"
While Kardis is opening the closet to see who hides in it. Ziton is putting some distance between himself and whatever is coming out of the mud. "Um Kardis, I think we may have some unwanted guests here. Be prepared for trouble."
Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Time: 5 minutes since release (SR).

The closet door opens easily enough. The door being wood, it is understandable why the knocking sound. On a shelf, at chest level to Ken Kardis, sits Ziton's Tomb of Time (can be renamed).

Past experience has reminded Kardis that the Tomb is rather fond of Ziton and will move in his presence. Hence the tapping sound as the book moved across the shelf.

In the bottom of the closet sits a plain wooden staff made of a tree of unknown origin even to Ziton.
Need Some Fear
Kardis and Ziton need to make fear checks from the ceiling falling. Just roll on the fear table and post what you got.
Kardis

Post by Kardis »

Kardis grabs the two items in the closet. The tome of heroes! A record of legend for heroes of legend. Some say it has been handed down from century to century. Before we ventured out, I heard in my mind the forge eternal calling out. Cosmo Knight, with you will take a most precious gift the Keeper of our record. Remember knowledge is a power far greater than even that which beats in your breast.
"Keeper, stay clear of the hole. I come forth and without time to sheild my power cosmic!!" For good or ill, but sensing need to escape this room and rejoin his companion, The Cosmo Knight known as Kardis charges through the hole he had made with the gravametric force of a small white dwarf.

Fear dice [dice]0[/dice]

Action move through the hole at flight pace 12, but he is size 6 and larger than life.
Bennies= 2/3
-1 extra effort

Ziton

Post by Ziton »

Fear Check
I guess no actual fear check, only failure result per hangout
Spirit [dice]0[/dice]
Spirit Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

Fear Table for Failure [dice]2[/dice]
The Mark of Fear: The hero is Shaken and also suffers some cosmetic physical alteration—a white streak forms in the hero’s hair, his eyes twitch constantly, or some other minor physical alteration. This reduces his Charisma by 1.
Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Ziton and Kardis had both previously experienced a moment of panic and fear as the large slab of concrete fell from the ceiling and then was assisted to a new position against the south wall of the bottom floor. As the fear rose, crescendoed, and then left the slightest tinges of adrenaline, the keening and wailing rose in response to it and then subsided to feint haunting whispers.
Spirit Rolls
Ziton and Kardis Roll Spirit.
Ziton needs to double his Spirit Roll Total. This represents the amount of PPE/ISP he regained from the scare. His amulet may or may not cap.
If Kardis succeeds, refresh one of his limited use abilities. On a success, he know regains use of all his abilities that are limited use.
Kardis

Post by Kardis »

What is this? A salient flash back to mere moments ago..." As Kardis comes kareening back through he shouts, " Keeper, the hole! The falling ceiling it relives itself as if more potent that the original!!"

Spirit [dice]1[/dice] Ace [dice]2[/dice] Wild [dice]0[/dice]

From within the cosmic knight a voice dwells deep in his belly, rumbles up through his torso shaking the very air around him with a vibrant hue. The sound finally emits from his mouth, beautiful and terrible to behold. If a lesser being was present, other than Keeper, they would have surely gone blind from awe. "KARDIS."
Bennies= 2/3
-1 extra effort

Ziton

Post by Ziton »

Fear Check
Spirit [dice]0[/dice] Ace [dice]2[/dice]
Spirit Wild Die [dice]1[/dice] Ace [dice]3[/dice]

12x2 is 24
Sucking in a breath as his nerves start going Ziton feels a surge of power as he looks at the collapsed portions of the walls and back as his companion. "Grab those, we need to get closer to the center while we figure out what to do. I don't have a spell to use to get us out right now and it looks like trying to drill our way out could be fatal for me."
South those words he and Kardis move away from tyne collapsing walls towards the center of the facility.
Kardis

Post by Kardis »

Kardis nods at Keeper and moves with him in search of an exit, not as Kardis, but as Ken. " Keeper, this structure seems flimsy and without the means to survive my cosmic form, I will remain Ken for the time being, you find us an exit and I will watch your back." If any mud monster or tree tendril tries to attack Keeper Kardis will interpose himself and take the hit in his friends stead. When they have a moment Ken hands Keeper the journel and staff. " I would think these belong to you. Tell me friend what was your last entry?"

Notice=6 [dice]0[/dice] Ace[dice]2[/dice] Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Bennies= 2/3
-1 extra effort

Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Ziton and Kardis are in a room similar to the one below where Ziton's TSU was. The floor is stable even with the section missing.

One thing that is easily noticeable is that the floor is moving in the direction of the southern door way, as there is no door. The floor seems to be moving in the room below and heading north toward the earth and roots.

For the moment Ziton and Kardis have a chance to catch their breath.
Attachments
The Thorns Map 2nd.jpg
Kardis

Post by Kardis »

Kardis/Ken gathers himself looking at the moving floor. " Are we even sure we are on Earth? What strange floor moves so unnatural?". Kardis goes to the south facing wall and looks for any sing of a door. " I'll take the south, you take north. There must be some kind of exit. These captors will rue the day they stuffed Kardis and Keeper into a hamster ball."
Notice [dice]0[/dice] Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Bennies= 2/3
-1 extra effort

Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

The floor moves in waves of furry fury. Occassionaly there is a squeek as Kardis or Ziton seem to step on something that they cannot see nor identify.

Ziton notices through his Arcane Knowledge that there is a rift in the room. Near the northern break in the floor. Its size leads Ziton to label it as a rat hole that also appears to be one directional.

On the floor near the doorway, lays a door. Kardis has found a clue.
Attachments
Floor Above.jpg
Cranium Rats.jpg
Cranium Rats.jpg (8.56 KiB) Viewed 31653 times
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Stepping away as much as possible Ziton looks at the situation. "Kardis, I think one or two of your broad cosmic blasts could help a lot here. Then let's move as far from this collapse as possible."

Ziton uses his force if will to and a few arcane gestures to dispel the magic bringing these creatures in.

Assuming these are summoned beings
Spellcasting [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

PS: Using Detect Arcana still did or does my Detect Arcana reveal anything?
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Ziton's Detection tells him that there is much magical and mystical activity going on near and around himself and Kardis.

The rats have been summoned but more in the sense that a beacon was set down calling the critters forward. The tear (very small rift) has not brought anything else through. And the rats, other than running over your feet and occassionaly scuring up and down a leg, are leaving Kardis and Ziton alone.

As Ziton casts his dispell, the hauntings grow loud, and then subside. The "rat hole" closes as what appears to be the last of the rats comes running through following the tails that came before.
Kardis

Post by Kardis »

Kardis/Ken nods to his friend. Swarm of rodents. I still have nightmares from Nicole II.
"Exit the room Keeper, I will attempt to clear these rodents out. If you will recall on Nicole II the forged flame was particularly spectacular to behold. Sadly the planet's crust itself could not bear my magnificence."
Shakka! Kardis reformed and the power of the celestial forge burns ever bright.
Kardis regains his form and lets loose a swath cosmic fire into the room hopefully clearing out the rodents.

Cosmic Cone blast, agility roll -2 for any of those in the cone template which starts from his eyes.
[dice]0[/dice]
Bennies= 2/3
-1 extra effort

Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Kardis steps into the hallway to purge the fleet of furry feet and stops short. The hallway ends on both sides are blocked by similar mounds of earth and dirt.

The rat swarm has divided itself in two and has disappearred into the piles of earth on either end of the hallway. There is evidence of a struggle going on but the details are vague and not very forthcoming.
Kardis

Post by Kardis »

Kardis can feel the eyes of Keeper on him siliwntly begging him to investigate the struggle.
Kardis sighs and tromps forth bellowing, " If you require assistance ring forth a cry for help and you shall receive it from us."
Kardis tries to use his cosmic vision (infra red) to decern heat signatures in the mound.
Is there someone in their that can tell us what is going on?

Notice [dice]0[/dice] wild [dice]1[/dice]
Bennies= 2/3
-1 extra effort

Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Kardis describes for Ziton what he does see. Ziton lifts the Lexicon, undoes the clasps, and the book falls open. The pages contain notes on a Thorn Beast, that uses Dimensional Rifts to travel space and time. Maybe Ziton knows from whence the Beast originates.

Details reveal that it plants its seed on a traveling host and then follows it. Normally it draws living creatures to it via the shiney baubles and valuables and then the bones amongst it spiney roots come to life and drag victims to their deaths. The Beast feeds both physically and magically, draining both PPE and ISP from its victims. It is confined to the earth and dirt which it brings with it and can only move on once it has planted its seedlings and obtained enough energy to port itself once more.

Kardis is able to see that the rats are feeding on the roots of the Thorn Beast. While the beast is flailing about with its roots, it very unsuccessful fending off the swarm of rats.
Kardis

Post by Kardis »

"Keeper! The demon of eden still exists!! Our trumph was short lived or non existant. Clear now our folly has been. A second chance... A second chance we must make good. Look through your codex friend. I will assist these rats in disabiling our foe." Kardis carefully avoids his rat swarm allies and lunges in on the roots trying to drag the plant out of the earth!

Opposed Str: [dice]0[/dice] wild [dice]1[/dice] 2nd Benny for EF with Elan [dice]2[/dice]
Bennies= 2/3
-1 extra effort

Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Tangle with the Beast
  • Grapple 16
  • Strength [dice]0[/dice] (+12 for size)
  • Wild [dice]1[/dice]
The Thorn Beast resists the efforts of Kardis to pull on it.
Initiative
  • Kardis [dice]2[/dice] 8 Hearts
  • Rat Swarm [dice]3[/dice] 2 Hearts
    • Thorn Beast (Imp Level Headed)
    • [dice]4[/dice]
    • [dice]5[/dice] (Black Joker)
    • [dice]6[/dice]
Thorn Beast, Kardis, Rat Swarm
Briars and Thorns
  • Fighting
    • Attack One Kardis Fighting 14, Damage 29
    • Fighting [dice]7[/dice]
    • Wild Fighting [dice]8[/dice]
    • Ace Fight [dice]17[/dice]
    • Damage [dice]24[/dice] + [dice]25[/dice] + [dice]26[/dice]
    • Attack Two Kardis Fighting 4, Damage 28
    • Fighting [dice]9[/dice]
    • Wild Fighting [dice]10[/dice]
    • Damage [dice]18[/dice] + [dice]19[/dice]
    • Aced Spine [dice]27[/dice]
    • Attack Three Kardis Fighting 15, Damage 36
    • Fighting [dice]11[/dice]
    • Wild Fighting [dice]12[/dice]
    • Ace Fight [dice]20[/dice]
    • Damage [dice]28[/dice] + [dice]29[/dice] + [dice]30[/dice]
    • Aced Spine [dice]34[/dice]
    • Attack Four Kardis Fighting 7, Damage 37
    • Fighting [dice]13[/dice]
    • Wild Fighting [dice]14[/dice]
    • Damage [dice]21[/dice] + [dice]22[/dice]
    • Aced Spine [dice]31[/dice]
    • Imp First Strike Fighting 7, Damage 31
    • Imp First Strike (Kardis) [dice]15[/dice]
    • Wild Imp First Strike (Kardis) [dice]16[/dice]
    • Ace Wild [dice]23[/dice]
    • Damage [dice]32[/dice] + [dice]33[/dice]
Kardis

Post by Kardis »

Requisite vigor roll: [dice]0[/dice] wild [dice]1[/dice]
The furiosity of the Thorn demons attack knocks Kardis' back for a moment.
Spirit to unshake [dice]2[/dice] wild [dice]3[/dice]
He slumps to one knee finding the power cosmic difficult to grasp an retain in the close proximity to a creature so opposed to the cosmic forge. He slowly mutters, " I live to defend nature and the sanctity of all worlds. I will never resort to torture. I have hid myself long enough, now I am needed. I am pledged to dystroy evil in all its forms. My principles are resolute. Politeness runs through my veins. I will not betray the trust bestowed upon me! I am Kardis the unyielding, the unbreakable! "
Last benny spent to unshake
Kardis stands a giant umong men. If it were at all possible Kardis' presence grows larger than before threatening to break the very room he is in.
Bennies= 2/3
-1 extra effort

Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

As one spine out of many strikes true, there is keening and wailing that grows noticeably louder. Power leaves Kardis and is internalized by the Beast.

Kardis Vigor Max (10). Kardis Vigor Roll (6). Thorn Beast Power Drain through Fear [dice]0[/dice].
Kardis

Post by Kardis »

Sgt 86Delta wrote:As one spine out of many strikes true, there is keening and wailing that grows noticeably louder. Power leaves Kardis and is internalized by the Beast.

Kardis Vigor Max (10). Kardis Vigor Roll (6). Thorn Beast Power Drain through Fear [dice]27400:0[/dice].
Kaedis uses his cosmic might to break free of the tentacles.
Shakka! How did we seemly defeat our foe last time? " Keeper, the last time faced this foe, refresh me on the tale of its untimly defeat. We must do better this time!"

Str [dice]0[/dice] wild [dice]1[/dice]

Kardis tears the large root asunder leaving it for the rats to consume. Just like on Olan three, an ice world plagued by a sea serpent. You must dislodge them from their natural environment.
"Keeper! We must tear this Thorn Demon apart, root by root if we must! Our escape pales in comparission to our duty to remove this foul menance!"
Bennies= 2/3
-1 extra effort

Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Ignoring the nibbling of the rat swarm, the Thorn Beast responds in kind to the removal of not only its spine but the root that was attached to it. More roots shoot through the dirt towards Kardis.
Modifying Thorn Beast
Thorn Beast Trunk Str d12+12
Brambles
Roots Str d8, Agi d10, Average Spines per Root 4 (d4+4)
Spines No Str, No Agi, Damage d4
The hallway space allows for upto 8 of these roots to attack. Minimum of 4 (d4+4).
How Many Attack
Roots [dice]0[/dice]

Code: Select all

[list] [b]Root #[/b], Fighting , Damage 
[*] Spines/Thorns [Dice]1d4+4[/Dice]
[*] Fighting [Dice]1d10[/Dice]
[*] Wild Fighting [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[*] Damage [Dice]1d8[/Dice] + Spines/Thorns (x 1d4)
[/list]
A Little Prickly
    • Root 1 MISS
    • Spines/Thorns [dice]1[/dice]
    • Fighting [dice]2[/dice]
    • Wild Fighting [dice]3[/dice]
    • Damage [dice]4[/dice] + Spines/Thorns
    • Root 2, Fighting 18, Damage 34
    • Spines/Thorns [dice]5[/dice]
    • Fighting [dice]6[/dice]
    • Ace Fighting [dice]33[/dice]
    • Wild Fighting [dice]7[/dice]
    • Damage [dice]8[/dice] + Spines/Thorns [dice]35[/dice] + Raise [dice]36[/dice]
    • Aced Spines [dice]42[/dice]
    • Aced Spines [dice]48[/dice]
    • Root 3 MISS
    • Spines/Thorns [dice]9[/dice]
    • Fighting [dice]10[/dice]
    • Wild Fighting [dice]11[/dice]
    • Damage [dice]12[/dice] + Spines/Thorns
    • Root 4, Fighting 6, Damage 25
    • Spines/Thorns [dice]13[/dice]
    • Fighting [dice]14[/dice]
    • Wild Fighting [dice]15[/dice]
    • Damage [dice]16[/dice] + Spines/Thorns [dice]37[/dice]
    • Aced Spines [dice]43[/dice]
    • Aced Spines [dice]49[/dice]
    • Root 5 MISS
    • Spines/Thorns [dice]17[/dice]
    • Fighting [dice]18[/dice]
    • Wild Fighting [dice]19[/dice]
    • Damage [dice]20[/dice] + Spines/Thorns
    • Root 6, Fighting 7, Damage 31
    • Spines/Thorns [dice]21[/dice]
    • Fighting [dice]22[/dice]
    • Wild Fighting [dice]23[/dice]
    • Damage [dice]24[/dice] + Spines/Thorns [dice]38[/dice]
    • Aced Spines [dice]44[/dice]
    • Aced Spines [dice]1d4[/dice]
    • Root 7, Fighting 10, Damage 28
    • Spines/Thorns [dice]25[/dice]
    • Fighting [dice]26[/dice]
    • Wild Fighting [dice]27[/dice]
    • Ace Wild [dice]34[/dice]
    • Damage [dice]28[/dice] + Spines/Thorns [dice]39[/dice] + Raise [dice]40[/dice]
    • Aced Spines [dice]45[/dice]
    • Root 8, Fighting 7, Damage 45
    • Spines/Thorns [dice]29[/dice]
    • Fighting [dice]30[/dice]
    • Wild Fighting [dice]31[/dice]
    • Damage [dice]32[/dice] + Spines/Thorns [dice]41[/dice]
    • Aced Damage [dice]46[/dice]
    • Aced Spines [dice]47[/dice]
    • Aced Spines [dice]1d4[/dice]
Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Spillover Rolls
[*] Aced Spines #6 [dice]0[/dice]
[*] Aced Spines #8 [dice]1[/dice]
[*] Aced Spines #8 [dice]2[/dice]
Kardis for 2 Wounds and a Shake.

Kardis
  • Fear Check
  • Vigor Roll
Kardis

Post by Kardis »

Sgt 86Delta wrote:
Spillover Rolls
[*] Aced Spines #6 [dice]27469:0[/dice]
[*] Aced Spines #8 [dice]27469:1[/dice]
[*] Aced Spines #8 [dice]27469:2[/dice]
Kardis for 2 Wounds and a Shake.

Kardis
  • Fear Check
  • Vigor Roll
Kardis cries out for his comrade! " Keeper, tell me now! Where is this monsters heart and I will cut it out. Shake off the cobwebs of prision and speak the words that will doom this beast!" Several thorns perice his mighty armor and Kardis just gazed at his fury.
Fear: spirit [dice]0[/dice] wild [dice]1[/dice]
Vigor [dice]2[/dice] wild [dice]3[/dice]

Fear [dice]4[/dice]
Bennies= 2/3
-1 extra effort

Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Kardis's knowledge of the Thorn Beast is coming from being schooled by it now. Going through the stages of fear he loses control of himself.

Kardis
  • Roll 4 Times for Cosmic Blast Damage
  • Account for all aces
  • No Fighting Roll Needed
Thorn Beast Power Drain from Fear [dice]0[/dice]
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Kardis wrote:Kardis cries out for his comrade! " Keeper, tell me now! Where is this monsters heart and I will cut it out. Shake off the cobwebs of prision and speak the words that will doom this beast!" Several thorns perice his mighty armor and Kardis just gazed at his fury.
"This creature is from another dimension and its only interest here is to consume. We must close the rift first and then destroy all that remains here Sir Knight. Perhaps it would be best if he took opportunity to find allies able to aid us in this battle, for I have nothing to offer.
"It was brought here through something carried by another. Perhaps a gem or other precious item. If you know of something send it through. In the mean time do not wast your shots on the center of the great beast, Destroy the earth it is bonded to, for without it, it cannot remain on its own."

Putting as much distance as possible from himself and the horror Ziton reaches out with his will and summons as many fire elementals as he can to come to his aid. There is a risk in holding back and Ziton hates taking risks.
Force Multiplication cost 17 PPE
Ziton summons forth an army of Fire elementals to bath the area in fire vaporizing as much of the soil and lesser vines as possible.
Force Multiplication
7 PPE to summon 3 Elementals +10 PPE to summon 5 more for 17 PPE total to summon 8 Elementals.
Spellcasting [dice]0[/dice]
Spellcasting Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Elemental Attacks
Elemental 1, roll 3 or take 13
  • Fire Cone: Agility roll versus a [dice]2[/dice] to dodge, or suffer [dice]3[/dice] Fire Damage
Elemental 2, roll 3 or take 23 damage
  • Fire Cone: Agility roll versus a [dice]4[/dice] to dodge, or suffer [dice]5[/dice] Fire Damage, Damage Ace [dice]18[/dice]
Elemental 3, roll 2 or take 4 damage
  • Fire Cone: Agility roll versus a [dice]6[/dice] to dodge, or suffer [dice]7[/dice] Fire Damage
Elemental 4, roll 2 or take 11 damage
  • Fire Cone: Agility roll versus a [dice]8[/dice] to dodge, or suffer [dice]9[/dice] Fire Damage
Elemental 5, roll 12 or take 14 damage
  • Fire Cone: Agility roll versus a [dice]10[/dice] Ace [dice]19[/dice] to dodge, or suffer [dice]11[/dice] Fire Damage
Elemental 6, roll 6 or take 15 damage
  • Fire Cone: Agility roll versus a [dice]12[/dice] to dodge, or suffer [dice]13[/dice] Fire Damage, damage aced [dice]20[/dice]
Elemental 7, fail
  • Fire Cone: Agility roll versus a [dice]14[/dice] to dodge, or suffer [dice]15[/dice] Fire Damage
Elemental 8, roll 5 or take 10 damage
  • Fire Cone: Agility roll versus a [dice]16[/dice] to dodge, or suffer [dice]17[/dice] Fire Damage
As a series of small rifts open up each one allows a fiery elemental being through. Once on this side they sense their summoners will forming a semi circle surrounding the mound and release wave after wave of fiery jets, destroying the very earth and dirt on the ground and consuming many of the small roots in their mists. Much of the flame washes over Kardis, but his cosmic resilience is immune to their heat, for he is capable of flying through the very heart of a star.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Response to Fire
    • Agility #1 Dodge
    • Agility [dice]0[/dice]
    • Wild Agility [dice]1[/dice]
    • Agility #2 Dodge
    • Agility [dice]2[/dice]
    • Wild Agility [dice]3[/dice]
    • Agility #3 Dodge
    • Agility [dice]4[/dice]
    • Wild Agility [dice]5[/dice]
    • Agility #4 Dodge
    • Agility [dice]6[/dice]
    • Wild Agility [dice]7[/dice]
    • Agility #5 Hit - No Root Left
    • Agility [dice]8[/dice]
    • Wild Agility [dice]9[/dice]
    • Agility #6 Dodge
    • Agility [dice]10[/dice]
    • Wild Agility [dice]11[/dice]
    • Agility #8 Hit - No Root Left
    • Agility [dice]12[/dice]
    • Wild Agility [dice]13[/dice]

Code: Select all

[list] Agility #
[*] Agility [Dice]1d10[/Dice]
[*] Wild Agility [Dice]1d6[/Dice][/list]
Fire elementals shoot off streams, bolts, balls, and waves of magical fire. The effect is a great wall of heat that rushes down the corridor and over Kardis who is entangled with the roots and spines of the Thorn Beast. Shots miss and liquify the dirt around the tentacles into a kind of slag. Two shots hit, nailing the roots square on and burning them back into the earth and dirt from where they appeared. Many rats were not so lucky to evade or dodge and screams can be heard both physically and psychicly as well. The smells are horrifying even if one could not see what was going on.
Psionic Mind Blast
  • Exalted Damage Field
  • Psionics [dice]14[/dice]
  • Wild Psionics [dice]15[/dice]
There is a ripple of energy as something that is dieing attempts make itself known and heard but fails, for whatever reason.
Kardis

Post by Kardis »

Upon hearing Keepers words and sees the elementals open fire, Kardis begins to understand Keepers thoughts. Kardis cries in a blind range of a super nova unleashing blast after blast in an inefficient yet destructive effort to beat back the creature and dystory the earth it is dug into. " Keeper, remember Mobad six, and the great beast of Alathorn!! I unleash the stars themselves!!!!!" Maybe Kardis is overreacting or panicking, perhaps through his rage he begins to understand the value of caution, but it is not enough to stop him from unleashing a furry of cosmic blasts in every direction.

Blast 1=35
Blast 2=16
Blast 3=34
Blast 4=22
Cosmic blast rolls
[dice]0[/dice] ACE with previous factored in [dice]4[/dice] Ace with previous factored [dice]5[/dice]

[dice]1[/dice]

[dice]2[/dice] Ace with previous factored [dice]6[/dice] Ace with previous factored [dice]7[/dice]

[dice]3[/dice] Ace with previous factored [dice]8[/dice]
Bennies= 2/3
-1 extra effort

Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Kardis is oblivious to the Elemental Heat wave that crashes over him. His level of panic and paranoia escalates to a point where he loses control of himself and a cascading waves of Cosmic energy and radiation roll off of him.

The elementals though not near Kardis get buffeted back towards Ziton with crashing waves of Cosmic Energy.

The 10 foot by 30 foot section of dirt and Thorn Beast has been turned to a fine layer of ash. The wall and the hallway can be seen around the corner to the east.
Psionic Mind Blast
  • Exalted Damage Field
  • Psionics [dice]0[/dice]
  • Wild Psionics [dice]1[/dice]
  • Damage [dice]2[/dice]
Kardis collapses to the ground and for now the air is still and quiet.
Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Need a simple Vigor roll (no adjustments) to determine how long Kardis is out.
Kardis

Post by Kardis »

Vigor [dice]0[/dice]
Wild if so needed: [dice]1[/dice]
Bennies= 2/3
-1 extra effort

Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Not to far from the corner where Kardis has collapsed (blasting cosmic energy is taxing) Ziton finds a map on the wall and some reference that the floor they are on is the Second Subfloor. With the elemental escort and Ziton assisting Kardis, the pair should be able to make it to any number of stairwells on the current floor before the elementals need to go or Ziton needs to roll.

Maybe staying away from the Thorn Beast for the moment would be the most adviseable.
Ziton

Post by Ziton »

Following the map Ziton says lets get out of here. However as he tries to help the Cosmo Knight he realizes his weight is just to much for him to lift or help. Focusing his mind he again work on summoning an assistant to help him. This time a great sentinel capable of the feats of strength needed. Then " asks it for help. "Lets go Kardis, we need to get out of here before things start getting to far gone for us to escape."
OOC Comments
Long term binding a single sentinel.
Spell Casting [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Time is moving slowly but Ziton, the escorts, and Kardis leave the conflict and unknown assailants. Heading south through the middle of the second subfloor of the facility, they arrive at a very wide railed opening. Looking up they can see a floor above and then a ceiling. Looking down the dim light shows a very large star on the floor and the words, "Gene-Star, The Light to the Future Starts Here."

Working their way around the railing and south and east in the building, they manage to find the stairwell up. About this time is where Ziton needs to decide if the summoned stay or the summoned go. Kardis has regained consciousness and is able to maneuver well but occassionaly needs assistance.

Up two flights of stairs and then down a corridor leading directly south east, puts Kardis and Ziton facing a steel ladder anchored into a concrete wall. The ladder appears to ascend for 20 feet before terminating in the darkness.
How It All Works
  • Dramatic Task
  • Roll a Common Knowledge Check.
  • Success counts for 1; Raise counts for 1;
  • Give me your totals. please.
Ziton

Post by Ziton »

OOC Comments
Sgt 86Delta wrote:About this time is where Ziton needs to decide if the summoned stay or the summoned go. Kardis has regained consciousness and is able to maneuver well but occassionaly needs assistance.
The Iron Sentinel is bound and will stay until destroyed (tying up 5 PPE until released). The Fire elementals I will spend the 2 PPE to maintain and then give them the order to destroy those roots and as much of the earth they are planted in during the next five minutes.
Common Knowledge 18 is 4 success
Smarts [dice]0[/dice] Ace [dice]2[/dice]
Smarts Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Leading the way from the facility Ziton checks the map to ensure he is still on track and things are going well. "How are you feeling Kardis? Can you take the lead to ensure our safety?"
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Once clear of the impending disaster Ziton looks over his friend and makes sure he is safe and sound. Once recovered they start figuring out where to go.

I assume after your hangouts post we are done with this scene and ready to join the group?
Are we ready to move this thread?
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

You will be joining the group at the Silbury Hill Millenium Tree. It is the last place that Ziton and Kardis actually remember with any clarity though the tree was not there.

Feel free to move the thread.
Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Kardis and Ziton Intro

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Almost out. Exit description. Both of you feel that you are out of harms way.
Wed, 10:18 PM

All right. Ziton figures out that the ceiling is not fixed. Kardis uses his strength to push up on a solid stone floor. A ten by ten by 15 foot tall stone cube rises up from around the ladder exit.and allows both Ziton and Kardis to exit into the secret section of the pictured room, what is the southern section of this particular building.
2. Between Ziton and Kardis they discover a set of crates that can be pushed or slid along the north wall that permits exit into the northern section of the building. As they slide the crates, the stone box exit slides back into the floor behind them.

Thu, 12:23 PM
Rob Towell
What time is the game Saturday?
I need to work it out with my wife on timing, we are supposed to go shooting around noon.
Rob • Thu, 12:23 PM

Game is 10 pm EST/7 PM PST
Thu, 12:23 PM

Rob Towell
Cool, so that is 7 PST.
Do we run 3-4 hours?
Rob • Thu, 12:24 PM

3 to 4 hours is about standard. I am still getting the feel for GM ing and roll20.
Thu, 12:25 PM

Rob Towell
Do you create Character sheets for us in roll 20?
Rob • Thu, 12:25 PM

3. The northern section of this building has collapsed inward and is well lit by something outside of the building. Based on vague memories, you would believe you are on Earth and that bright orb in the sky, is the Sun.
Thu, 12:27 PM

Rob Towell
Do we remember coming here on a call from the forge to fight the monster that Kardis defeated?
Or is that hazy
Rob • Thu, 12:28 PM

sheets are available on the Savage Rifts. The Keeper should be assigned to you already.
Thu, 12:28 PM

Rob Towell
Cool, that will help me a lot. I will log in half an hour early and populate it.
Rob • Thu, 12:28 PM

4. Kardis and Ziton remember numerous things and are quite confused as to which things are relavent.
Thu, 12:29 PM

Rob Towell
PS: I like to add my non-damaging powers as doing 1d2 damage so the text can be shown to the players as they do not show normal powers. So if you see me use a power like Puppet and it says it does 1d2 damage just ignore that part.
Rob • Thu, 12:30 PM

okay. happy to take any pointers as well.
5. Coming towards the collapsed wall they get the topside view of what was bellow ground.

These have been pressing on the wall and look to be the cause of the collapse.

Through the tangled mass of whatever lies in front of them, Kardis and Ziton can see this structure vaguely.
There is enough clearance, however that Kardis and Ziton can get out from under this mass of whatever and onto what looks like an unused road nearby that is heading west.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... 38352&z=18
Attachments
Upper Levels Exposed
Upper Levels Exposed
The Thorns Medical Facility.jpg (17.8 KiB) Viewed 31591 times
Physical Barrier
Physical Barrier
RichardWells

Re: Kardis and Ziton Intro

Post by RichardWells »

I bought instruction from inplix and I built it very cheap.

Return to “Archives”