(open RP) The Crash: A MercTown Pub for the roughest of the rough

Ndreare
Savage Siri

(open RP) The Crash: A MercTown Pub for the roughest of the rough

Post by Ndreare »

Chucks.jpg
Not all seedy pubs are filthy and covered in grime. Some of them appear to the laymen like any other. This classic pub, is warm, clean and comfortable. The smell in the air has a slight sent of ozone as the HVAC scrubs the other scents out, and the wards protecting the place keep Chuck and his staff safe from those who would cause too much trouble.

This is an open RP location until Christian can kick off a game.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Jimmy Black

Re: (open RP) The Crash A Merc Town Pub for the roughest of the rough

Post by Jimmy Black »

@Jimmy Black leaned back. He did not mind playing against Gill, but the freaky monster in the background really weirded him out. Even in disguise the thing looked like a bear of a man, bigger than anything possible without juicer kits.

Work has been slow and it was looking like they where going to need to kick up their own work soon. "Maybe we should head out and scope some places?"

"To find peace, one must sometimes create war." Gill replied.

Jimmy shook his head. "What the hell is that supposed to mean? Do you just make these up as you go, or is their a book your referencing?" Bumping the guy next to him Jimmy asks. "What do you think, any work out there for us?"
Jimmy Black (Rob T)
Jimmy - James Black
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Vampire
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Pace: 6; Parry: 4 * -2 to be hit with range, -1 to be hit with melee
Toughness: 17 (7)

Arcane Background (Master Psionics)

Resources:
Bennies 3
  • +3 Start of Quarter
ISP: 20 of 20

Active Effects
Invulnerability
Dovian

Re: (open RP) The Crash: A MercTown Pub for the roughest of the rough

Post by Dovian »

Dovian doesn't walk, so much as stroll in. As usual he takes several minutes to make it to the table as he's busy catching up with familiar faces, casually flirting with the wait staff and even conducting a business deal on his way over. He sits, quickly checks his hair, and then orders a glass of Pinot Noir. Since they don't have that, he gets a beer instead. After the wait person leaves he leans in and says in a low tone "Is this the kind of place where you have to order from a clowns head?". He pulls a silver cigarette case out of his breast pocket and with much fanfare, pulls a black cigarello out of the case and lights it with a snap of his fingers.

"Work? There's always work out there, you just need to go find it. Or make it yourself. But yes, it has been some time, has it not? Does anyone have a lead on any new opportunities?"

He looks to Gil and smirks. "How's the cult going? Find a good Flavorade recipe yet?"
Gill

Post by Gill »

Gill nods as the merchant comes in. he liked Dovian more than most and saw a lot of potential in having him as an ally. "Very well, getting them away from those fanatics at the Castle was a little work. But a rough wheel will not roll."

Indicating the cards on the table Gill nodded to the pile. "Friendly game? The stakes are low." Indicating the pot, with only a few hundred credits on the table it was obvious this game was more for filling time than for taking cash from each other.
Gill Chaos Master (Rob T)
Gill Chaos Master
Iconic Framework: MARS Vagabond
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 (d6 running); Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (6)
Skills: North American d8 (Native), Notice (Smarts) d10 [/color] All Others d6

Gill's Resources
Bennies: 7
  • +5 Quarter Begins + Great Luck

Wounds: 0 of 3
    Fatigue: 0 of 2
    Focus Pool: 30/30
    Magic PPE: 15 of 15
    Miracles PPE: 10 of 10
    Psionic ISP: 10 of 10
    Techno Pool: 15 of 15

Active Effects:
    Awesomeness +9,000
Curatrix - Avatar of The Chaos
Curatrix - Avatar of The Earth
Race: Avatar of The Earth
Iconic Framework: Intelligent Construct
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d12+5 (2.5 tons/10 tons), Vigor d12+2
Pace: 0; Parry: 8/11; Toughness: 41 (20); Size: 3 (10' tall 2,000 lbs)
Skills: Athletics d12+2, Common Knowledge d4, Fighting d12+2, Focus d6+2, Notice d4+2 (multi spectrum), Occult d6+2, Persuasion d4, Shooting d8, Stealth d4

Curatrix' Resources
Bennies: 2
  • +2 Quarter Begins

Wounds: 0 of 5 (Ignores all Wound Penalties)
    Focus Pool: 15/15
Active Effects:
Awesomeness +9,000
Jimmy Black

Post by Jimmy Black »

Jimmy nods and confirms. "I would not play for real money against Gill. Well, not without cheating." He smiles as a waitress comes over handing him pale bear before looking around unsure why she did. "Just add it to our tab." He smiles pleasantly as he gets back to playing. "So, have you heard about any jobs available?

"I am getting bored with the day to day and need some adventure soon."
Looking around he thinks to himself, but says out loud. "So, are the others coming, defies he point of a private room, if there is only the three of us." Then looking to the corner where the giant animated suit of armor stood, he corrects himself. "Four."
Jimmy Black (Rob T)
Jimmy - James Black

Resources:
Bennies 3
  • +3 Start of Quarter

Active Effects
Invulnerability
Dovian

Post by Dovian »

Dovian chuckles. "It's only cheating if you get caught. Good luck telling that to my ex though... Hmm yes, I do believe the others are on their way as well. I'd ask to join the game, but I think both of you are too smart to let me.' He takes a sip from the beer and does his best to not make a face. His warm friendly eyes scan the tavern with predatory intent.
Tahlia of Dis

Post by Tahlia of Dis »

Tahlia pulls up a seat at the bar, gesturing for the bartender to bring her the usual as she takes several napkins and begins wiping traces of what appears to be blood from her chin.

"I do not understand the men in this place," she says. "I chose one, a comely mercenary, to couple with. He seemed enthusiastic, and when we went to his room he even began to wrestle and bite, but it was only teasing -- he never even drew blood."

"I was resigned to another milksop encounter when he surprised me and said he wanted to eat me."

She shakes her head.

"He was very eager when I offered to do the same to him, first -- then started screaming like a gelded calf and thrashing so violently I had to restrain him with my whip. He bled out soon after, without any sort of reciprocation. ... It was very disappointing."
Tahlia of Dis
Quick Stats
Earthbound Fury (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 2/3
Adventure Cards:

Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d8 (1d12), Vigor d12
Pace: 6 (1d6); Parry: 7; Toughness: 22 (10)
Hindrances: Arcane Construct (needs 5 PPE/day, repaired with Occult/Spellcasting), Bloodthirsty, Vengeful (M), Outsider (M), Overconfident (M), Malfunctions (suffers TD), Wanted (M), Weakness: Holy (+4 damage and -4 to resist attacks/effects)
Common Knowledge d4, Intimidation d8+2, Notice d8+6, Persuasion d4,
Edges and Abilities of Note: Additional Action (ignore 2 MAP), Adept (speed), Advanced Senses (ignores Illumination penalties, senses everything), AB: Magic (subject to Bound, Silenced); Auto-Repair Unit (Vigor 1/day to heal 1 Wound, +4 vs Bleeding Out), Bio-Reactor (can consume food), Construct (+2 vs Shaken, Ignore penalties for 1 Wound, doesn't breathe, immune to disease/poison), Danger Sense (+2 vs Surprise, On Hold with raise; Notice -2 to detect hazards), Dodge (-2 to hit with ranged), First Strike, Level-Headed, Master of Magic, Tough as Nails (Gains extra Wound)
PPE: 5/15
Active Effects: fly (with raise), Speed+Quickness, BFB buff (+2 Fighting, Imp. Frenzy, +6 Toughness)
Jimmy Black

Post by Jimmy Black »

Jimmy noticed @Tahlia of Dis coming in and would have held his breath if he had breath to hold. Thank goodness she did not sit with them. The girl was insane and was just the type to get them all caught or have Cyber-Knights showing up to kill us.

Likely as not she is over there talking about getting mad and murdering someone in a hot anger, or 'fury'. Man, he hopes he never pissed her off because she was every sort of bad issue all bundled together, and when the shit came down it was coming with her name written on the blade.

The thought of asking her if she had a job was pretty abhorrent to Jimmy anyways. She would have some job of hot blooded murder, with no pay involved and honestly, if they are not getting paid, then why do it.
Jimmy Black (Rob T)
Jimmy - James Black

Resources:
Bennies 3
  • +3 Start of Quarter

Active Effects
Invulnerability
Gill

Post by Gill »

Seeing @Jimmy Black get tense for a moment Gill looks over his shoulder. @Tahlia of Dis was sitting at the bar. He liked her, a girl willing to do fun stuff when it needed done. Getting up he walked over to her. "Hey Tahlia, the rest of us are over there playing card and wasting time hoping one of us will have a job lined up.

"Any chance you have a good job lined up or a lead to share? Even if not, you can come hangout with us, so you don't have to scare people all by you self."
Gill Chaos Master

Gill's Resources

Active Effects:
    Awesomeness +9,000
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d12+5 (2.5 tons/10 tons), Vigor d12+2
Skills: Athletics d12+2, Common Knowledge d4, Fighting d12+2, Focus d6+2, Notice d4+2 (multi spectrum), Occult d6+2, Persuasion d4, Shooting d8, Stealth d4

Curatrix' Resources
  • +2 Quarter Begins

Active Effects:
Awesomeness +9,000
Diego

Post by Diego »

Diego sits at the bar with what appears to be four entrees before him. Next to the heaping piles of Ribs and Cheeseburgers, sit two chocolate milk shakes. He wolfs the food down, not seeming to take time to breath. After his impressive feat of gluttony, he wipes his mouth neatly with a napkin and looks around, spotting his comrades.

He slinks over and has a seat. "What's the word?"
Yeitso

Post by Yeitso »

Tahlia of Dis wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:40 pm Tahlia pulls up a seat at the bar, gesturing for the bartender to bring her the usual as she takes several napkins and begins wiping traces of what appears to be blood from her chin.

"I do not understand the men in this place," she says. "I chose one, a comely mercenary, to couple with. He seemed enthusiastic, and when we went to his room he even began to wrestle and bite, but it was only teasing -- he never even drew blood."

"I was resigned to another milksop encounter when he surprised me and said he wanted to eat me."

She shakes her head.

"He was very eager when I offered to do the same to him, first -- then started screaming like a gelded calf and thrashing so violently I had to restrain him with my whip. He bled out soon after, without any sort of reciprocation. ... It was very disappointing."
The hulking, four-armed figure in the corner who has been lurking in the corner calls out as Tahlia finishes her tale. "Did you finish the entire meal, or leave him there? I could go for a bite--we haven't had enough work. Be a shame to let the food go to waste."
Yeitso
Seasoned Vronwor Spirit Warrior
OOC Comments
Agility d8, Smarts d4, Spirit d10, Strength d8 (Armor d12), Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: ; Toughness: 22 (13); Size: +3; ISP: 10; PPE: 10
Skills: Athletics d6; Common Knowledge d4; Notice d4; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Faith d10; Fighting d10; Intimidation d10+3; Psionics d4; Shooting d10; Survival d4
Edges: AB: Psionics/Miracles, Adept (Miracles), Dark Champion, Unholy Warrior, Divine Healing, Four Arms, Strong-Willed, Two-Fisted, Rich, Connections: Black Market, Dirty Fighter, Tricky Fighter, Ambidextrous, Menacing, Rabble Rouser
Hindrances: Major Vow: Prestige Unlimited, Major Vengeful, All Thumbs, Illiterate, Bizarre, Curious, Major D-Bee, Environmental Weakness: Radiation, Major Non-Standard Build, Paranthropophagous
Powers (Miracles, Adept): boost/lower Trait, smite, elemental manipulation
Powers (Psionic): environmental protection, healing, relief
Powers (Gear, no Modifiers): boost Strength, deflection, fear (may use Infectious Modifier), lower Vigor & sloth (both use Fighting w/ Draining Blade)
Gear
Arzno Exterminator EBA
Bandito Arms Branaghan Special Armored Overcoat (Rifts Patron Item)
Spirit Bow: Magical Multi-Optics Scope (+1 Shooting, +2 Notice when using); 30/60/120, 4d6 AP 6 MD; unlimited Shots, Gains +1d6 damage and +6 AP vs supernatural good.
Spirit Spear: Str+3d6 AP 6 MD; Gains +1d6 damage and +6 AP vs supernatural good.
Draining Blade: Str+d8 AP 8 MD; +2 PPE = +2 Damage, lower Vigor & sloth
NG-33 Laser Pistol: 12/24/48; 3d6 AP 2
Coyote Mask (Sig Item): +1 Intimidation, +5 PPE
Gill

Post by Gill »

Yeitso wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:07 am
The hulking, four-armed figure in the corner who has been lurking in the corner calls out as Tahlia finishes her tale. "Did you finish the entire meal, or leave him there? I could go for a bite--we haven't had enough work. Be a shame to let the food go to waste."
As Yeisto joins the one sided conversation, now turned two sided with three people, Gill grimaces. "I thought you only ate worthy opponents?" The idea of eat some guy covered in sex juices left rotting was simply gross to Gill. He had changed a lot since his betrayal by the Legion, but not to the point of eating rotten body fluid covered meat.
Gill Chaos Master

Gill's Resources

Active Effects:
    Awesomeness +9,000

Curatrix' Resources
  • +2 Quarter Begins

Active Effects:
Awesomeness +9,000
Jimmy Black

Post by Jimmy Black »

Diego wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:09 pm Diego sits at the bar with what appears to be four entrees before him. Next to the heaping piles of Ribs and Cheeseburgers, sit two chocolate milk shakes. He wolfs the food down, not seeming to take time to breath. After his impressive feat of gluttony, he wipes his mouth neatly with a napkin and looks around, spotting his comrades.

He slinks over and has a seat. "What's the word?"
The attractive waitress helping Diego walks back over and smiles at Diego. Her eyes go blank for a second as she says. "Jimmy, would like you to join him. Wants to know if you have any leads." Then she suddenly looks around as if confused how she got there without a tray in her hand and returns to work.

When the juicer joins them Jimmy smiles pushing a chair out with his foot. "Hey Diego, we where all just sitting here trying to figure out if there is work." Nodding his head towards where @Tahlia of Dis and @Yeitso are he finishes. "@Gill went to see if they have leads. But over a month without a job and I am already getting bored. Do you have anything?"

Taking a deep breath he says. "At this point I am ready to create my own adventure. Maybe raid some Legion saints for their always high end gear. Gill should have a lead, he was one of them before being betrayed by his own friends."
Jimmy Black (Rob T)
Jimmy - James Black

Resources:
Bennies 3
  • +3 Start of Quarter

Active Effects
Invulnerability
Yeitso

Post by Yeitso »

Gill wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:30 am

As Yeisto joins the one sided conversation, now turned two sided with three people, Gill grimaces. "I thought you only ate worthy opponents?" The idea of eat some guy covered in sex juices left rotting was simply gross to Gill. He had changed a lot since his betrayal by the Legion, but not to the point of eating rotten body fluid covered meat.
Yeitso gives a shrug @Gill--a movement that is odd to track with four arms--clearly unperturbed. "Coyote allows for flexibility in definitions. He clearly offended @Tahlia of Dis, so I would count him as an opponent. As for his worthiness, Coyote is not a snob."
Yeitso
Seasoned Vronwor Spirit Warrior
OOC Comments
Agility d8, Smarts d4, Spirit d10, Strength d8 (Armor d12), Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: ; Toughness: 22 (13); Size: +3; ISP: 10; PPE: 10
Skills: Athletics d6; Common Knowledge d4; Notice d4; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Faith d10; Fighting d10; Intimidation d10+3; Psionics d4; Shooting d10; Survival d4
Edges: AB: Psionics/Miracles, Adept (Miracles), Dark Champion, Unholy Warrior, Divine Healing, Four Arms, Strong-Willed, Two-Fisted, Rich, Connections: Black Market, Dirty Fighter, Tricky Fighter, Ambidextrous, Menacing, Rabble Rouser
Hindrances: Major Vow: Prestige Unlimited, Major Vengeful, All Thumbs, Illiterate, Bizarre, Curious, Major D-Bee, Environmental Weakness: Radiation, Major Non-Standard Build, Paranthropophagous
Powers (Miracles, Adept): boost/lower Trait, smite, elemental manipulation
Powers (Psionic): environmental protection, healing, relief
Powers (Gear, no Modifiers): boost Strength, deflection, fear (may use Infectious Modifier), lower Vigor & sloth (both use Fighting w/ Draining Blade)
Gear
Arzno Exterminator EBA
Spirit Bow: Magical Multi-Optics Scope (+1 Shooting, +2 Notice when using); 30/60/120, 4d6 AP 6 MD; unlimited Shots, Gains +1d6 damage and +6 AP vs supernatural good.
Spirit Spear: Str+3d6 AP 6 MD; Gains +1d6 damage and +6 AP vs supernatural good.
Draining Blade: Str+d8 AP 8 MD; +2 PPE = +2 Damage, lower Vigor & sloth
NG-33 Laser Pistol: 12/24/48; 3d6 AP 2
Coyote Mask (Sig Item): +1 Intimidation, +5 PPE
Alicia Forsythe

Post by Alicia Forsythe »

A young woman with a bright dye-job enters the bar, looking around. She gives a quick smile. "Looks like I'm one of the last ones here." She moves over to the table with the cards, addressing @Gill. As she takes a seat, she sets down the canvas-wrapped rifle she'd had slung across her back. "I assume you haven't heard about any work, either, if you've pulled out the cards? I've been asking around, but there's a dearth of jobs going right now. We might just have to make our own opportunity if this keeps up."
Alicia Forsythe
Novice Intelligent Construct
OOC Comments
Agility d12, Smarts d12, Spirit d10 (+2 Unshake), Strength d6, Vigor d8
Skills: Athletics d6+2 (+1 Urban Climb); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 Shady Characters, Interface); Notice d6+6; Persuasion d6+2 (Re-Roll, +2 Networking); Stealth d10+4 (+1 Urban); Fighting d4; Electronics d6 (+2 Interface); Hacking d6 (+4 Interface); Performance d8+2; Repair d6; Research d6+2 (+2 Interface); Shooting d4; Thievery d10+3
Notice Circumstantial Modifiers: vs. Surprise: +2 w/Re-roll, Raise = On Hold; Enemy locations, evidence, analyze scene: +2; Ignore Illumination
Edges: Alertness, Charismatic, Linguist, Investigator, Thief, Streetwise, Field Intel, Danger Sense
Hindrances: Major Vow: Prestige Unlimited, Major Secret, Mild-Mannered, Minor Ruthless, Major Outsider (if known Construct), Major Driven: Amass Intelligence, Major Wanted, Alien Construction (-4 to Repair attempts), Feature-Locked Physiology, Malfunctions (CritFails = System Tech Difficulties)
Features
Auto-repair Unit: Free Vigor to heal Wound 1/d; Bleeding Out +4
Electronics Package: 20-mile comms; data storage; interface jack
Construct: +2 Unshake, ignore 1 point of Wounds, no breathe, Disease/Poison Immunity; Wounds are fixed with Repair instead of Healing with no “Golden Hour”
Lifelike: -4 Notice to determine true nature even with close exam
Gear
E-C20 Camouflage Variable EBA: +2 Stealth, Concealable -2
Vallax Force Gun: 12/24/48; 3d8+1 MD, AP 4; Concealable -4
JA-11 Juicer Assassin Energy Rifle: 30/60/120; 4d6 AP 4; Shots 30+30; Multi-Optics Scope (+1 Shooting); Heavy Beam (3 Shots, +4 MD, Snapfire -2); AltMode Ion Beam (20/40/80; 1-3d10; RoF 3; Heavy Pulse RoF 1, 3 Shots, +1 Shooting/+3 MD, Snapfire -2)
Discrete Voice Stress Analyzer (Signature Item): Mind reading, limited to determining truth/falsehood, 10 PPts, 1/use; serves as mundane Language Translator
Tahlia of Dis

Post by Tahlia of Dis »

Yeitso wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:07 amThe hulking, four-armed figure in the corner who has been lurking in the corner calls out as Tahlia finishes her tale. "Did you finish the entire meal, or leave him there? I could go for a bite--we haven't had enough work. Be a shame to let the food go to waste."
Tahlia tosses the four-armed giant a plastic room card.

"You are welcome to him. His blood was weak -- once he stopped screaming there was little to savor."

She eyed the two chatty males -- one a corpse inhabited by a vampire demon, the other a diminutive drifter who had somehow come into possession of a golem. Both struck her as natural liars, but she hadn't pegged either as an oath-breaker ... yet. Their constant chatter about "jobs" was becoming a distraction. Tahlia found nothing particularly satisfying about completing tasks for others, although the money that was offered was useful, and she relished any opportunity to test the abilities of her earthbound form.

"A 'job' would be good, but none have been offered. Perhaps we should interrogate some of the weaker soldiers in this place and take their jobs from them."
Tahlia of Dis
Quick Stats
Earthbound Fury (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 2/3
Adventure Cards:

Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d8 (1d12), Vigor d12
Pace: 6 (1d6); Parry: 7; Toughness: 22 (10)
Hindrances: Arcane Construct (needs 5 PPE/day, repaired with Occult/Spellcasting), Bloodthirsty, Vengeful (M), Outsider (M), Overconfident (M), Malfunctions (suffers TD), Wanted (M), Weakness: Holy (+4 damage and -4 to resist attacks/effects)
Common Knowledge d4, Intimidation d8+2, Notice d8+6, Persuasion d4,
Edges and Abilities of Note: Additional Action (ignore 2 MAP), Adept (speed), Advanced Senses (ignores Illumination penalties, senses everything), AB: Magic (subject to Bound, Silenced); Auto-Repair Unit (Vigor 1/day to heal 1 Wound, +4 vs Bleeding Out), Bio-Reactor (can consume food), Construct (+2 vs Shaken, Ignore penalties for 1 Wound, doesn't breathe, immune to disease/poison), Danger Sense (+2 vs Surprise, On Hold with raise; Notice -2 to detect hazards), Dodge (-2 to hit with ranged), First Strike, Level-Headed, Master of Magic, Tough as Nails (Gains extra Wound)
PPE: 5/15
Active Effects: fly (with raise), Speed+Quickness, BFB buff (+2 Fighting, Imp. Frenzy, +6 Toughness)
Ramon the Reaper

Post by Ramon the Reaper »

Ramon slipped into the bar from the kitchen, staring down the haggard barmaid when she starts to protest. Instead, she saw the glowing eye, the cross-draw holsters slung low and in easy reach, and decided she had somewhere else to be.

Furless and full of fear, he thinks, the smell of it on the woman piquing his interest nonetheless. There weren't a lot of pinkskins who'd go for a romp with a mutant rat, but there were always a few ...

Any pleasant thoughts died when he glanced around the room and noticed the she-demon, Tahlia. Seemingly carved out of marble and inhabited by a harpy from the pits of hell, that one seemed to have a hard-on for Ramon like no other -- only he was pretty sure any plans she had for him tended toward the painfully fatal, rather than pleasurable. First time they'd met, she'd taken one long look and declared him a back-stabbing, murdering bastard. Which was all true, but she seemed to have a problem with it, at least the back-stabbing part. Or back-shooting, at least -- Ramon didn't dirty his claws if he could avoid it, preferring the clean disintegration of a particle beam.

Still, the others were useful, and he'd pegged them for a likely crew if some work ever surfaced.

Bellying up to the bar, he kept a careful eye on the fury woman while waving over the barman.

"Cerveza ... and whiskey," he hissed, keeping his hat pulled low and one hand within reach of his gun.
Ramon the Reaper
Quick Stats
Mutant Rat Gunslinger
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards:

Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d8
Pace: 6 (1d6); Parry: 6; Toughness: 23 (13) Strain: 5/6
Hindrances: Arrogant (Major), Driven (Minor - "Everyone's gonna know I'm the fastest gun in the West"), Habit (Minor - Smokes cigarillos and leaves ashes everywhere), Impulsive, Jealous (Minor), Mutant Vermin (Initial reactions start at Hostile with humans and Unfriendly with other mutants and freaks. May refuse service or attack), Near-Human Physiology (-1 to Healing and cybernetic checks if unfamiliar), Small (Size -1), Wanted (Major - Everybody).

Common Knowledge d6, Intimidation d6, Notice d8+2 (+2 Sight or Scent), Persuasion d4, Stealth d12 (+1 urban; +2 wilds), Survival d6+2 (+2 tracking)

Edges and Abilities of Note: Acrobat (reroll on some Athletics), Ambidextrous + Two-Gun Kid, Bite/Claws (Str+d4), Brawny, Danger Sense, Dead Shot (damage x2 on Joker), Dodge (-2 to hit with ranged), Level-Headed, Marksman + Sharpshooting + Trick Shot (With ROF 1 weapons, +1 Shooting or ignore 4 points of penalties; run at no penalty; use rifles 1-handed; halve MAP), Quick, Quick Draw (+2 to interrupt, use Agility instead of Notice for Surprise/Danger Sense), Steady Hands (ignore Unstable Platform), Improved Take 'Em Down (Against Size 0+, +4 AP and reroll damage once), The Quick and the Dead (Round 1, immediately after initiative, spend Benny to make opposed Agility roll vs target; success gives free shot with The Drop).

Active Effects:
Gill

Post by Gill »

Gill relaxes as he sits at the table again, chatting up a couple of strangers who appear to be prodding for information about the local black market. He often found little conversations like this can be enjoyable when he sends them in the wring direction. A couple times even getting the fools to ask special police officers with "code words" for black market access.

Curatrix meanwhile was locked in on the cyborg, apparently trying to talk to the components on the cyborgs body and frustrated that the components had no awareness or sentients of their own. It seemed strange to him how some structures had life, while others where lifeless. However the cyborg was interpreting the staring as intimidation was his agitation was growing. "Man, can you make your thug stand down. I do not want to open up with a rail gun in here, but if that thing twitches I will."

Gill laughed a little inside. "No need for rail gun fire in here. Most of the targets that matter would not be hurt by it, but the retribution for the property damage would be pretty extreme.

"Plus, he is only curious." Then looking to Curatrix he nods sending the message. Make sure to watch everything, not just him. I do not trust either of them. Causing the borg to relax as the giant golem redirected its attention.

When he was done and the two left in search of where they could get the next bit of supplies they needed Gill looked to the others. "So, I am getting bored. Anyone have any leads?"
Gill Chaos Master

Gill's Resources

Active Effects:
    Awesomeness +9,000

Curatrix' Resources
  • +2 Quarter Begins

Active Effects:
Awesomeness +9,000
Jimmy Black

Post by Jimmy Black »

Jimmy eyes the two as they leave. "I think maybe you talk to much. No need to let them know that some of the people here will survive his rail gun. Maybe next time you are so relaxed and being malicious, you can do it with your mouth shut?"

Letting the words hang for a little bit, on guard in case the freakish golem acts, Jimmy knew it wouldn't though. Gill was always looking for the easy rout, or a way to talk himself out of trouble. He rarely took the direct path. Once he knew it was over he added. "But you are right, we need work. I have spent a fair bit of what we made already and need some more income." Looking to the others he says. "I say if we cannot get a job, we make a job. Any ideas?"
Jimmy Black (Rob T)
Jimmy - James Black

Resources:
Bennies 3
  • +3 Start of Quarter