Mars - War Journal

Forum rules
Journals are a time honored tradition for intrepid explorers and the heroes of Adventure Inc. are no exception. This is a place to post in character reflections on what's happening, we'll use these as a form of interludes as we journey along but feel free to help pad your post count by adding entries as you feel (they may not count one for one to post rate but I'll use them to bump counts).
Mars

Mars - War Journal

Post by Mars »

I’m doing the procedure. Today. No more waiting.

My eye aches, and I constantly feel like I need to blink out an eyelash or something. It’s infuriating.

I’m tired of it. Tired of the looks that they think I can’t see. Tired of the waiting.

Stophane went after an ambassador this morning. An ambassador! I’ll be lucky to get a commission for a city clerk, at this rate.

I’m off Federation territory for at least a year, maybe longer. I can’t deal with this anymore. I’m not a back bencher, dammit. I need to get back out there.

If I had just done it before that piss-pot of a fade town, I’d still be able to see. I’d still be in the field.

But now, what have I got to lose? I’m not blending in anywhere looking like this, and we don’t exactly have Mystics lining up to patch us back up. And I’m not putting a cyber-eye in my face; as if I didn’t get enough flak.

So that’s it. This is me. I’m doing it. See you on the other side.

-Lace
Mars or Lace, Depending on Which Personality is in Control
Parry: 7, 8 w/Wilks Backup Pistol (Notes: -2 to incoming attacks for Uncanny Reflexes [effective Parry of 9, or 10 w/Wilks Backup Pistol])
Toughness: 15 (5) w/o tactical plates |18 (7) w/tactical plates | 20 (7) when Losing It (Notes: add +2 Armor vs magical powers and effects AND reduce damage from magical powers and effects by 2)
Edges/Notes: Arcane Resistance (applies to magic only); Quick; Vulnerable after Wild Attacks (Losing It); Monologuer
Mars Character Sheet
Mars

Re: Mars - War Journal

Post by Mars »

They are afraid of me now. This body went into the procedure with Lace in its head and came out with me, and now the leadership is scared. I received word today that they took a contract for me with some exploration group out of Lazlo; it seems someone wants to see what lies West of the Rocky Mountains, and the leaders want me as far away from here as they can get me.

They think I won’t return, of course. That I will die out there in the unknown and trouble them no further.

They are wrong, of course. I will use this time to become accustomed to this body, and I will return having passed through the crucible and come out stronger. I will sew my legend all the way to the coast, and I will spread my gospel wherever I go.

There will be war, and I will revel in it. I am Mars, and I will not be denied my due.
Parry: 7, 8 w/Wilks Backup Pistol (Notes: -2 to incoming attacks for Uncanny Reflexes [effective Parry of 9, or 10 w/Wilks Backup Pistol])
Toughness: 15 (5) w/o tactical plates |18 (7) w/tactical plates | 20 (7) when Losing It (Notes: add +2 Armor vs magical powers and effects AND reduce damage from magical powers and effects by 2)
Edges/Notes: Arcane Resistance (applies to magic only); Quick; Vulnerable after Wild Attacks (Losing It); Monologuer
Mars Character Sheet
Mars

Re: Mars - War Journal

Post by Mars »

Mars shat the bed at the battle of O'Claire, and I'm out.

I don't know how long this will last. I don't know if it's some kind of psychic trauma associated with losing, or if she's just brooding, or what. But I'm out. I'm back in my own brain. My own body.

And, damn, what a body! I knew I had gotten stronger when she came in, but I didn't realize it would be this strong! And my one remaining eye can see better than I ever used to with two.

I sometimes wonder if it was worth it, selling my body to a god. My mind isn't mine anymore. They warned me before the procedure; I mean, people call us "Crazies" for a reason, right? But they didn't tell me this. They didn't tell me it would open my mind so much a god would be able to slip into the space left behind.

But here I am. Here we are. We're moving away from the battle, from the slaughter, really, and everyone is sad. I get that. No one likes to lose.

Except me. Because we lost, now I'm back, and I'm in the driver's seat. No idea how long it's going to last before she pushes back to the front. She's strong, even like this.

But for now, it's me. I'm Lace. And I can move.
Mars Character Sheet

Return to “Journals”