The Journal of William Rufus

Forum rules
Journals are a time honored tradition for intrepid explorers and the heroes of Adventure Inc. are no exception. This is a place to post in character reflections on what's happening, we'll use these as a form of interludes as we journey along but feel free to help pad your post count by adding entries as you feel (they may not count one for one to post rate but I'll use them to bump counts).
William Rufus

The Journal of William Rufus

Post by William Rufus »

Entry 001 Day 1

2nd Lt William
I have landed in a strange new World. Things here are not what they seem to be by my experiences. I encountered the Owl . She was my first introduction to someone that wasn't Human. The Angels and my superior never mention she gets her name Owl from the fact that her Race looks like Owls. This realization caused me a quite a bit of embarrassment. as I had a shocked look on my face, the guards were laughing. The Owl, quickly got everything under control and then she apologized for her men. She mentioned that looks can be deceiving, and had her men release me. She explained that she was told of my soon to be arrival in a dream and by a group of Grey Seers, I don't know what they are. She then took me on a tour of the Castle.

They have dwarfs here, no real dwarfs, like they mention in the Fairy tales. and when I mentioned my surprise, she mention that there are fairies and lots of other races from legend , and even more from other worlds. She said that the humans grouped all races different from humans as D-Bees. I noticed a slight change in her voice as she mentioned the word. and I ask her what the proper word one should use. She replied if you want to describe people use their names, if you don't know that, use their Race.

Again, my first day is truly amazing . Human, Angel or demon or Devil in my home world. It was easy for us to determine Human , Angels and good from Demon, Devil and Evil, not here. I mentioned this to her, and she mentioned that I should be trained a bit before I was sent out from this Castle into this world. I thanked her for getting use to as much as possible. before I went out.

I was fed, people were staring at me, I think that my armor stood out, plus I was the only one with two Guards. I attracted a few looks form some beautiful women, on blew me a kiss. One of the guards smiled at me and said she was a tiger. I shrugged and gave a So What kinda look. He bent over and said "No, She is a Weretiger!" I am Shocked , my mouth opens and eyes bulge a bit and my head tilts. It seems to these guys that I look to be super funny.

Well eventually the guards shown me my room. the Guards, Daniel and Mick were at my door all night, not to keep me in but to make sure I was not disturbed and to take care of anything I needed. They mentioned not to get too use to them or this room being with me for too long.
Last edited by William Rufus on Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Game Sheet for William Rufus viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4644
Total Used PPE: 24
PPE: 15/ 15 Armor: PPE 5/ 5 Staff PPE: 10/ 10 Sword PPE: 10/ 10 ISP: 20/ 20
Bennies 4/1
OOC Comments
Lt. William Rufus

Guardian Mystic
Young 20, light red brown hair, 6'2"
a Gentleman , tries to help those in need.

Wearing
Celestial Armor +5 Armor +2 Toughness +2 against environment

Celestial Staff
Damage: Str+d6, Reach 1
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Draining Blade Sword 2 PP for +2 damage and on successful hits target rolls Spirit vs the attack roll to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and sloth; lasts 5 rounds
Damage: Str+d8,

Wilks 320 Laser Pistol
Range: 15/30/60
Dmg: 3d6, AP: 3
ROF: 1
Shots: 20
Weight: 4 lbs. (Min Str: d4)
Notes: +2 Shooting (+1 from Weapon Balance, +1 for being a Wilks)
Rarity: +1 Cost: 11,000
Two E-clips

Celestial Staff
+2 shooting

Conditions
detect/conceal arcana as an Innate Ability
Alertness +2 notice
Danger Sense +2 notice
Detect concealment on constant
Luck extra Benny
William Rufus

Re: The Journal of William Rufus

Post by William Rufus »

Entry 002 Day 2
Morning came with a sharp rap on the door, my two friends Daniel And Mick appeared with armful of huge container.
Mick said I have a busy day. "First the Sidearm Weapon introduction followed by firing range. By then you should be ready for Lunch. After lunch, some classwork on the different races on earth. History of the Earth since the Apocalypse."

So down to breakfast this time the two friends sat and ate with me. I asked about the morning class and they said it was normal for new recruits, except since I came from a new and different world the classes would be one on one with them in the class. I asked why, and they smiled and Stated, "Well they have to evaluate you, and they are curious about you and how you do things back on your earth. We are there to Assist you and tutor you when you need it. Not that your stupid but this is all new to you." All new to me boy were they right. In the following days I learned to truly appreciate these two gentlemen for sticking up for me and coming to my aid.

I thought Sidearms would be easy. This was my first introduction to energy weapons. you got to understand in my world we had weapons that used exploding gas to send a metal bullet down into the target. Yes, we used Silver bullets enhanced by Magic. But energy weapons and the increase in size and destructive for the weapons was truly inspiring. Then the Range master handed me a weapon, not sure what it was and he said it was to be my personal side arm. Mick and Daniel frowned at the weapon and then went over and talked to him, Daniel went to the rack and grabbed a sleek weapon and then walked back to me and placed a weapon in my hands. Mick turned from the Range Master then walked away and said “if you want to argue, take it up with the Owl. Come one guys lunch awaits.”

Lunch was great, you see it is rarely they got to tell some on off. Daniel said I was given a low-end NG product and they able and started talking to Daniel and.. Mick. They had selected a Wilks,. a wink indicated it was good, but the thumbs up and then a high Five told me it was better than good. Mick stated, “Wilks is the best of the best.” A Few friends came over talking to Daniel and Mick. They Introduced me to some people then we had to head to my classes.

OK, races On Earth are not simple. There are so many one can’t learn them all in one class, Daniel stated, “When you get a chance get a computer and a bunch of programs. know the most common ones and pick up a few other as you go along in life. Good Advice! The next class the Apocalypse.

Apocalypse was the reason for a lot of these things coming about. The pure destruction of the earth, the change in the planet, just terrible. I could hardly wait to see this world for myself.

The rest of the day was mine to explore on my own. I went out of the castle.
Bennies 4/1
OOC Comments
Lt. William Rufus

Guardian Mystic

Wearing

Celestial Staff

Draining Blade Sword 2 PP for +2 damage and on successful hits target rolls Spirit vs the attack roll to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and sloth; lasts 5 rounds

Wilks 320 Laser Pistol
Two E-clips

Celestial Staff
+2 shooting

Conditions
Alertness +2 notice
Danger Sense +2 notice
Luck extra Benny
William Rufus

Post by William Rufus »

Entry 003 Day 2

OK I found a bar outside the castle! I know a few people think a guardian who are close to Angels and who would think there would be an Angel at a bar? Well we are human too, not the Angels of Course. And Guardians need to let things off and meet people too, not saying that, the Daniel and Mick are great company. I realize they need a break away from me too. So, I walk into the Pandimensional Bar. Scorch marks could still be seen outside made me wonder what in hell was going on. Rowdy, Inside I was just like any pub on my Earth except one obvious exception, there were a lot of different races. I was like I was looking at one of the Scific movies on an alien world. My Armor caused several long stares, I think it was the armor, I hope it wasn’t me. I started to step toward the bar and I was intercepted by none other then the Were tiger. She smiled and took my arm and guided me over to a table with other people. She said her, name was Windy. As she approached the table, she told Bub, a Grackle, to get another seat for the table but be polite. Windy sat me next to her, moving Bub’s chair closer to hers. Bub went over to a nearby empty chair and said something to the people at that table, they to be saying no, they need the chair for one of their friends. Bub smiled and took the chair, and said if they want it back to come and ask for it. They didn’t seem to argue much, not that Bub stayed around to argue. Windy watched from her seat as did most of the others at the table. When Bub got back he sat down on the other side of me.

Windy started the interrogation. She was nice about her head on her hands batty those beautiful eyes at me. it and of course I was polite back smiling, answering with not a lot of information. I told them I came from off world, a different earth. Lance a human, I later found out he was a Juicer, He stated that I needed a brew. It dawns on me, my coins here might not be worth anything so I spoke up, a bit embarrassed, “I don’t know about your currency they haven’t told me much about the economics,."

Windy smiled and said she would back me up here. Lance called the waitress over and ordered me a brew, which arrived in a short order. Lance then asked. why I looked like a Pussy in my armor. Windy started to change but managed to gain control back she stated, “Lance be polite.” Lance countered a little less aggressively, “Weill he is young and has very beautiful fancy armor, it makes him look like a rich dandy.” Windy started to change again but I spoke up. “I know I look different and it is a fair question Lance.” Windy seemed to settled down again. Lance looked at me and back to Windy and said, “See he is cool and he understands.”

I told them, “In my world we are called Guardians, we are constantly fighting Demon outbreaks. The Guardians were formed by the Angels out of young men with potential to be trained and equipped to help soldiers and angels fight and close the tunnels, you call them rifts? So, once we pass certain levels of training as healers, we are given a staff. The one that is across my back is an example. We then go thru Military training, when finished with that we get the sword and rank of a Second Lt. It is a kind of symbol that we are also part of the military and we support the soldiers. Finally, part of the training is gaining the ability to use the power that the Gods give us, for this we earn the Armor. The Staff, Sword and Armor were crafted by Angels and all are given different powers based on what they see our path might be.”

Lance sat back in his seat, “So you are a priest and a warrior or Chaplin? Have you fought demons?”

I spoke up, "Well the chaplain, Warrior is closer to Guardians is what our name is. And yes, I have fought demons and gone to hell to help close the tun… opps, Rifts. Not a lot of fighting but I am young. there were more of us. I was not alone.”

A gentleman in some sort of armor beside Lance look at me and Introduce himself reaching his hand across the table, “Sir Nathan, well done Lt William. Very few here can say they have gone to the gates of hell and fewer can say they actually stepped foot in hell.” Later I discovered that Sir Nathan was a Cyber-Knight.

Well another brew later, I have seem to have broken the ice and stories were being told. When they saw the confused look on my face, they would explain all to me. This is where I learned that there was other power instead of Holy Grace from the gods. They have Magic! and several different types of magic. This is due to the rifts, ley lines and Nexus. Then a bit of trouble came my way.

Due you remember Bub, that isn’t his name, it is an acronym, for Big Ugly Bastard, well I digress, so the chair he borrowed, yep the Owner wanted my chair, it seems they knew who the new guy was and they knew Bub’s reputation. So I was the designee of who would give up the chair. The person came over and stated he was going to take his chair back. I stood up and turned to see him. That is when the room started chanting “Fight, Fight, Fight!” the Juicer was up but Sir Nathan held him back.

The guy stated to me inches from my face, “You want to do something about this?

Now this is weird, as he touched me, the armor glowed, and the wings came out, up and over the two of us. Well, Thank Heaven better heads prevailed I'm not sure whose they were I wasn't looking for a fight. The crowd backed away, And I looked at him and stated, words to the effect, “If I have hurt your honor. I am sorry. If you want to step outside and have a fight, as I think is your custom, let it be so. I just would like to know if this is to first blood, loss of a limb or two, death by fire? I did see some scorch marks out there, I can oblige you, and your friends with a quick death as I gave demons.”

It seemed the guy gulped and said his chair would be all that was needed. I lifted the chair with TK and placed it at his table. Then I said, “There you go good man.” He turned and walked back to his table. I turned and saw a waitress bringing me a new chair. I sat down as the others at my table sat down. The bar returned to its normal level of loudness and rowdiness. The waitress brought a round of drinks for our table. That is when a group of guards came in and advised me that I was needed back at the castle.

Sir Nathan looked up at the guards and spoke on my behalf, “Lt William acted very well here, I shall give my statement. To the Owl, make sure he is not punished, for having a Drink with friends.”

Bub got up and bent over and hugged me. Lance, shaked my hand and added well done, "Your welcomed at my table anytime cleric."

Windy, well she hugged me and gave me a kiss on my cheek, to my mind it wasn’t a peck but more of the affectionate type, It might be my imagination. But as I turned to walk out the bar, the keeper stated “Sir you are welcome here anytime.”
and most of the clientele lifted their drinks and mumbled a here here.

I walked back to the castle knowing a couple of things. First having friends is very important in this world, good friends. Survival may not be dependent on your ability alone but on others. Second, I am Ignorant, ignorant on so many levels. I need friends to help make sure I don’t make a miss step. Finally, a feeling of pride, Heaven forgive me, that so many others had acknowledge me . I did not want to fight over a chair? Oh well, I have to prepare for my chewing out and sleep will help me more than anything.
Bennies 4/1
OOC Comments
Lt. William Rufus

Guardian Mystic

Wearing

Celestial Staff

Wilks 320 Laser Pistol
Two E-clips

Celestial Staff
+2 shooting

Conditions
Alertness +2 notice
Danger Sense +2 notice
Luck extra Benny
William Rufus

Post by William Rufus »

Entry 004 Day 3

So after the incident at the I woke up in the morning, I heard a knock at the door. Two new guards informed me that the Owl asked me to meet her at her Office. I took a deep sigh and then nodded and said I would be ready in 40 mins. The door closed and I washed up and changed into my armor.

I went to the door and made sure I was set, then opened it and told the guards that I was ready and to lead the way. We went through the halls of the castle and was taken in front of a door. The guards knocked and a few seconds later I heard the voice of the Owl, “You may enter.”

did so like I was reporting to my senior officer, I decided that the gods sent me here to join the Castle force so the Owl must be my senior officer now. I did what I thought was a right and proper approach looking straight ahead, followed by the words, “Sir, 2nd Lt William Rufus reporting.”

The Owl smiled and quickly spoke, “Come in and have a seat.” As I looked down I saw Sir Nathan sitting off to the side. I then sat down. The Owl spoke up again. “So, I have been informed that you went out to the Pub, and met some new Friends, oh and that there was almost a fight. Sir Nathan stopped by this morning to give his view on what happened. He said you did a great job of restraining yourself and avoiding a possible deadly confrontation. What gives me worry is your wings came bursting out and you seemed to give several options of maiming, and death for the person and his companions. I understand you are new here and things are different. I would like your side of the story.”

I took a deep breath and started to speak, “Sir, I was unsure of the customs here and was set to turn over the seat. Then when he tapped my armor, I think my armor or I subconsciously thought he was a real threat. I then tried to stall and distract him from doing something he and I would regret. I thought if I mentioned extremely negative out comes for him and his friends, who might want to come to his aid it would end the negative outcome. I got this idea when they didn’t try to pick a fight with Bub who actually procured the chair. I then saw he, was thinking of backing down by himself. I did not push him into any confrontation but instead apologized for what happened, and returned his chair.”

The Owl looked at me for what seemed like minutes. I felt like she was judging, coming up with a solution, for what I thought was no big deal. I had stopped a possible fight, no one was injured, there was no property damage. So, what was the big fuss. The Owl was about to answer.

he Owl spoke, “Lt. William, you did nothing wrong, as a matter of fact you calmed things down, I believe you would be a great team member that provides the moral compass for a team. On another item you are still to ignorant of our world. In most places here on our earth you might have been killed. There are forces and evil out there that would have taken the first swing, and something you would not have recovered. For now, on I would appreciate that you do not go anywhere without someone going with you.

I responded to quickly, “A babysitter?” then got control of myself.

She replied softly, “More of a guide. Think of them as a scout who knows the terrain. And this was not your fault, but my fault. So please forgive me, I have failed to realized that you came here without monetary help. Your version of money is not good here. I have arranged for a advance on your pay, keep in mind you are not familiar with what the worth of items are, again the guide.

Now about the armor you have, it seems very intelligent, I’m not sure if it was you or the armor. Those people at that table, we were watching them. You seemed to confirm the premises, that they are not good but might be up to something, I hope you have not blown our investigation into what they are doing here at the castle.

Let me restate things for you, you are not allowed outside the castle without a qualified person going with you, for now. We do want you to eventually end up on a team not as a leader, but advisor and support in the beginning. Your rank as Lt, is not compatible with our ranking system. I understand it was given to you from your world and, you may continue to use the rank. We would consider you a Specialist.

I spoke up about my pay, “Might I add a request, I have usually given 10% of my pay to worthy charity, Poor, Homeless and refugees. It is hard for me to decide who or what groups here are worthy and I don’t know when I’m out in the field who I would give it to.”

The Owl, looked over to Sir Nathan, and she shook her head with a smile, and speaks to him, “Sir Nathan he is too good to be true.” To me, The Owl looked next, smiled and said, “Lt you are dismissed.” I walked out the guards followed me and I asked them about breakfast.

We arrived at Breakfast and I sat down.
Bennies 4/1
OOC Comments
Lt. William Rufus

Guardian Mystic

Wearing

Celestial Staff

Wilks 320 Laser Pistol
Two E-clips

Celestial Staff
+2 shooting

Conditions
Alertness +2 notice
Danger Sense +2 notice
Luck extra Benny
William Rufus

Post by William Rufus »

True adventuring is finally beginning we are part of a group that is heading out West from Lazlo, I met my new team one I really like is a character named Phoenix, he is off the edge but he watches out for me and he is funny at times. He is daring and great hero, wild and vocal. The man covers and protects me. I believe there are angels guiding his hands, though I don't think he really has that type of faith. He helps me when I drive the vehicle we all are in.

The next interesting one on our team is what they call a crazy named Mars, Goddess of War, she is fast, emotionless and deadly. You may not think that she and I would not get along , but she has covered me and some of my minor mistakes . she has my back.in the toughest times.

Caine is my next Friend , although are friendship hasn't developed more than I would like . He has baggage, and like sto keep to himself, I think it is because of who he was a Scout for the Coalition. He must have seen some bad stuff when he was with them.

Next is a Magic Wielder named Tex, he is rock solid and a fighter, no Gandalf here. He shoots pistols and is a western hero of old. he is one that I can talk the mistal powers to. he gives me advice on what to do and how to handle things. A great confidant.

Next are the truly interesting ones, to start with Icosa, she looks Human but when I look at her I don't see life, it is more like me looking at a wind up toy, albeit this is no toy. She I think is a robot not the standard robot but very human. She has strength and speed, and her intelligence is fantastic. She seems to be looking and learning about this world.

Then we have a Robotic Centaur, yep that is what I said. He has lost his family due to confrontation with the Coalition. He has a great deal of weight on his soul. he is powerful and takes the lead in attacks , it is a great pleasure seeing him in action, I truly admire him and his humanity, but humanity seems to be a very bias word , thinking only we are the ones that all beings are compared too. This is a odd world , I have seen compassion in others non humans and seen Humans act as monsters. this is confusing to me who should I save , the answer is the good ones must be saved and Evil crushed.

Finally, I have a Dragon on my team named Tiny Tim, a young one. He is like a child at times in a body of a battleship. So much good, so far, I have seen in him. He is truly amazing and he is my shield and I am glad he is there, and I am proud to say my friend. He has power and can do amazing things.

So these are my friends, companions and brothers. Tiny is my shield, a huge shield that not only protect me but smashes all foes. Mars and Phoenix cover my blind spots on my back, nothing get through those two. Caine and Ajax are in front informing me of danger as it comes, and dealing with it like an Prow of a ship. Icossa and Tex at my side beating back any and all attacks . I am truly blessed in this world, to be surrounded by bodyguards . I thank the Gods of light for them in everything I do. I would be lost without them.
Bennies 4/1
OOC Comments
Lt. William Rufus

Guardian Mystic

Wearing

Celestial Staff

Wilks 320 Laser Pistol
Two E-clips

Celestial Staff
+2 shooting

Conditions
Alertness +2 notice
Danger Sense +2 notice
Luck extra Benny
William Rufus

Post by William Rufus »

Well It looks like I am the driver for our group. I do have a co-Pilot and a navigator to help me out. and thank the God of Light for them. this would is really a mess.

We found an abandoned bunker from a recent war the CS and Mages had. we found interesting things as well as deadly Shadow creatures. I was so glad we got out of there .

First a meteor and super sized humanoid Bugs. Yep they are not quite like flying cockroach, but far worse. They have 4 arms, guns and swords and they eat you. We got out with the meteor with some strange radiation, it drives those Bug Crazy. and some other things too.

Ran into a group of small humans in a town, more like a monesairy , the CS came for them we tried to get them to leave but they would not go , so we set up a battle plan, that lasted less than an hour. The CS is a War Machine! Have no doubt about it . Our plan worked but they just went right through us and we had to retreat with their town. They are heading to the Castle Refuge, a good place, where I entered this world from. They will help those out.

We tried to find a place to cross this huge river called the Mississippi. ran into a zone that was so unreal Metal things attacking us. We ran into a CS science group and the captain was infected by these metal things, we got those parasite out of him and then went on to rescue the other scientist , we did but years of their cruelty did not make anyone get along later. We left them and got out of there before the CS war machine rolled use over . We see or destination the Baronies, and glad we made it. Time to check in with the other parts of the group.
Bennies 4/1
OOC Comments
Lt. William Rufus

Guardian Mystic

Wearing

Celestial Staff

Wilks 320 Laser Pistol
Two E-clips

Celestial Staff
+2 shooting

Conditions
Alertness +2 notice
Danger Sense +2 notice
Luck extra Benny

Return to “Journals”