Mission 4: Road to Hell

Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Mission 4: Road to Hell

Post by Venatus Vinco »

The Road To Hell
The Town of Testament is forever grateful that the Tomorrow Legion was able to stop the raging demon swarm before it was able to harm their citizens.This gratitude leads to some excellent trade deals for Walcott and the Legion convoy. The individuals on the team also benefit as well. The Colorado Baronies are renowned for their techno-wizardry and the TW Guild of Testament offers the group some free upgrades.
TW
Choose one TW weapon or item (excluding Battle Fury Blade) from the TLPG or add One Major and Two Minor upgrades to an existing item you own.
Not to be outdone the Fraternity of Operators effects repairs on vehicles and armor for free, even providing a few tweaks.
Non-TW
Using the Tinkering rules add One Major and Two Minor upgrades to an existing piece of gear. Choose either this option or the TW option above, not both.
Perhaps Sheriff Will Longmarsh is most grateful. While he doesn’t have any gifts he is very appreciative and gives you a video reference to use in the other Baronies.

”Not sure we could’ve handled that thing on our own. Definitely not without a lot of good people dying and property being destroyed. If you ever need some help, just let me know.”
Connections
Gain the Connections edge: Sheriff Will Longmarsh, Testament. Also, +2 to rolls when dealing with this contact
As the team finishes up their repairs and upgrades, news trickles in from the road. Simvan monster riders are ravaging the countryside, assisted by demonic creatures. It seems the group at Devil’s Canyon weren’t the only Simvan to fall in with demons. Survivors entering Testament say the attacks are violent and wanton, with no real purpose. The Simvan apparently have a new “king” who has unified many of the tribes. Now the plains between here and the Rockies are over run with these demonic raiders. Getting the convoy safely to Silverno is going to be a daunting task.
Protect the Convoy
Rather than an interlude we’ll run a Quick Combat. The scene is the convoy is constantly harassed by Simvan and demons all the way to Silverno. It’s a long hard war of attrition.

Steps: the following is the Order of Operations for a Quick Combat.
  1. Scene Modifier
  2. Player Character Options (Resources Spent)
  3. Quick Combat Roll
  4. Describe outcome (Narrative)
1. Scene Modifier (if any): -4

Since this is a running gun battle, Fighting, Shooting, and Arcane Skill are most appropriate. If you wish to use another skill or Trait add an additional -2 scene modifier.

2. Player Character Options: this will allow you the Player Character to have more control over the results of Quick Combat, Mass Combat or Quick Battle without having to use Bennies. You may use Bennies as normal.

Resources Spent: As a default your character spends 4 Power Points or 8 rounds. Before rolling declare if you would like to have your character risk more or expend more resources for a better chance of success. Note: you must have the resources to spend them.
  • -2: Conserve your energy - Believing it may be an easy battle you accept -2 to your roll in exchange for spending 1/2 (rounded down) the resources. However, your character receives a free soak roll versus any wounds taken from failure.
  • +0: In The Fight - Wanting to stay on top of things you fight like a professional. You roll without an additional modifier for the default resource cost.
  • +2: Serious Business - You do not play around and do what you have to in order to ensure victory, even when it requires risking yourself. You may double the resources spent, or accept 1 Fatigue or 1 Wound to gain a bonus of +2 to this roll.
  • +4: No Matter The Cost - When Battle comes you go all in, winning no matter the personal cost. You may triple the resources spent, or accept 2 Fatigue or 2 Wounds to gain a bonus of +4 to this roll.
3. Quick Combat Roll:
  • Critical Failure (-1): The hero is stopped by overwhelming numbers, an unfortunate tactical development, or bad fortune. He suffers 2 wounds. In addition he accidentally inhibits another players efforts reducing the number of successes for the group by 1. (The Hero may spend a Bennie as usual to make a Soak roll if desired.)
  • Failure (+0): The hero is stopped by overwhelming numbers, an unfortunate tactical development, or bad fortune. He suffers 1 Wound (The Hero may spend a Bennie as usual to make a Soak roll if desired.)
  • Success (+1): The hero fights well and adds +1 to success to his team’s efforts. He adds 1 success to his side’s battle. Though the dangers of the battle put him at risk of receiving a serious wound. Your hero must make a Vigor roll (no penalties), Failure he suffers a wound, on success he suffers no wound.
  • Raise (+2): The hero wreaks havoc, slaying enemy leaders and destroying important assets. He adds 2 successes to his side’s battle. Escaping the dangers of battle he finds himself uninjured. In addition you gain a Benny
  • Two or More Raises (+3): The warrior covers himself in glory! Many foes fall before him and his success inspires his allies to fight like demons. His efforts add +3 (or more) to his side’s successes and he emerges from the fight unscathed. The character may also reduce another player's Critical Failure result to a normal failure if he narrates how he interfered. In addition you gain a Benny, or things lined up well for you, your character was able to conserve resources more than expected, as a result regain half of the resources spent for this roll, if you don't take the bennie.
4. Group Result: The number of successes will dictate the quality of your mission outcome.
  • 0 Successes, the convoy is destroyed. You all live but limp into Silverno with no trade convoy and a black mark with the Legion

1 Success, you made it but the convoy is pretty beat up and lost a few people along the way. Walcott will be -2 to her trade negotiations.

5 Successes, the convoy is safe! Not only that you picked up some useful salvage from the battles: everyone on the team gets 5,000 credits

10 Successes, you sent those demons straight back to Hell! Gain 5,000 credits each and an Enchanted item with two minor and one major upgrades (of course it’s also from a demon so it’ll carry a bit of a stigma)

15 Successes, What demons? A total cakewalk. You saved the convoy and every town and village along the way. Gain 5,000 credits, and Enchanted item, and Renown throughout Colorado and New Mexico (+2 Charisma when in these territories)
5. Narrative: You then do your best to narrate the result of your roll to make your character seem as awesome as possible.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
Saul
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Mission 4: Road to Hell

Post by Saul »

Day 1: Saul finishes helping the orphange install the permacrete, high tech comms display, enough computers to be the envy of chitown burbs, clean bunkbeds, and an industrial grade furnace. Even if you donate every cred you got to the kids, you still need to get the stuff installed. Saul seems to have made pretty good friends with some of the kids. Especially a girl named Sara, who has a knack for getting into things she is not supposed to. Saul usually laughs at her playful antics clearly smitten by this orphan girl. She begs and begs Saul not to go. But like every big damn hero he has to move on to the next adventure. Saul looks out into the direction they are heading smelling the crisp morning air. Everything is looking pretty bright.

Day 7: The simvan, are unrelenting. They harass us at every turn, allied with demons of tainted ilk. Walcott seems determined to push on despite their overwhelming assault. I have noticed a slight decrease is our food stuffs. On a more personal note, I feel bad for yelling at Cory when she was shouting at Drake. Somehow I think she regrets not saying good by to Fell. In general his sudden death, I believe, has left several of the team members myself included with unresolved issues. It is here, I feel, the Deep Lord will strike, he preys on unrequited wishes.
Later that evening during meal time, Saul sits next to Cory, " Cory, it has been weighing heavily on my mind how I spoke to you last. You may be young but you are no child. The responsibility you cary on your shoulders has perhaps robbed you of a youth filled life. Often times I can feel a tempest waft from you as if there is a storm smoldering inside. I have dealt all my life raging against the righteousness in my soul vs the foul craft of the deep lord." Saul gazes into his dish searching for words. " When you are ready to talk, about Fell, or about anything, know I will listen, just listen without judgement and solution unless asked for." . Saul sits their silently knowing the road he now travels is a long one without end in sight.

Day 12: We lost two men in last nights raiding attack. A deep darkness constantly pursues us making setting watch more and more precarious. The demons that aid the simvan are commanded by a great horned one. I have seen this foul creature in my dreams and I know him to be a soul eater. If I told Timothy, I suspect he would laugh and call me a fool. The matter of who has been eating our food stuffs has been uncovered. It seems little Sara a darling orphan child has managed to stowaway aboard Walcotts vehicle. I have not told anyone that she travels with us... I lent her the sweater drake gave me for warmth. The nights on these desolate prairies can be freezing. I would feel better if she road with me in the Qoat mobile...
That afternoon Saul plops down next to Qoat, he smiles at the quickflex driver, " Uhh hey Qoat, I am not sure if you noticed that some food has gone missing over the last couple of weeks. Not much, just a little here and there. Well... I made this friend back in Testament, a little orphan girl named Sara. It seems she stowed away in Walcott's vehicle, we are too far to head back... I would feel better if she road with us in the Qmobile until we pass back by Testament. I have never trusted Walcott, and I would like to keep a closer eye on little Sara, she tends to get into things. What do you think man?"

Day 22: The morning was sounded by the horns of the Simvan raiders atop their dino beasts. The sky was blotted out by the number of winged demons descending on us. The bluff we were camped at was soon over run. It is likely if the 1st were not their to protect the convoy all would have been lost. Even with us there more than half the men were gravely injured. My mind is clouded with grief, Sara my secret charge has gone missing. I have heard the call of the deep lord and the challenge of the Demon Commander, Zabroth the Hunger. A cave dwells yonder over the pass a days journey. Can we leave the convoy unprotected for what is a clear trap that my salty heart has laid upon us? I know that it is unlikely I could go it alone to retrieve the poor girl... But I must try no matter the cost.
While the group is preparing to head out Saul approaches them, " I have not been honest with you. A charge of mine, the orphan girl Sara has been taken by the demons. She stowed away with us against my knowledge. My own recklessness and wanton abandon for the law of the ocean has seen to her capture after this mornings brutal raid. I... The demon's are lead I believe by one who eats souls, Zabroth the Hunger, I have seen him in my dreams for the last weeks..." Saul picks up his pack and a few supplies for a day or two. " She is in a cave over yonder a days travel behind the rise. I will not ask you to abandon the convoy or your duties to aid me. This is my fault and I will seek to right the ship no matter the cost... I will seek you in two days, if on the third I do not return then I am dead and I have failed."
Pic of Zabroth
Zabroth the Hunger.jpg
Demon Cave
Demon Cave.jpg
Crit fail, 2 wounds and decreases the overall success by 1
No matter the Cost option is chosen: 12 ppts spent
Fighting [dice]0[/dice] wild [dice]1[/dice]
Day 27: The fight against Zabroth was more than a trap, it was an unrelenting ambush of fire, shadow, tooth, claw and steel. They had me trapped... Its almost laughable, Sara was the deep lords machination. Was she real or fake? He was in my mind leading me astray the entire time. I... I don't even know any more. In the flame fire, and horroble stench of Zabroth's belly I found myself dejected and lost... A bright light came to me, not the light of when your time has ended, but an eternal flame... Sinder?? I swear I saw the chrome of Sparky and Timothy glinting in the hole of hell. Maybe it was the monster's teeth mashing but the savory sounds of rail gun fire burst all around me. Like old sea shanties my crew and I used to sing. There was a soft touch on my shoulder, how did Cory come to be so near? High above us at the edge of the entrance, of sdalvation I could see the flood lights of the Qmobile raining down missile after missile piercing the beast. A mighty roar of the great winged flamewind came burring down taking Zabroth by the throat! A DREAMERS DREAM INQUISITOR!!! Saul's dream and soul flowed freely from the broken man into Zabroth's hollow mouth. MORE! MORE!!!

Day 30: Saul appears to the group on the side of the road. He waves jauntily and has the oprhan girl in hand, all safe and sound. " Sorry guys, I was delayed. The fight was a bit more than I expected. We made it out with a few scratches... But we made it safe and sound. This is Sara the orphan I told you about."
Saul seems to be favoring his right side and keeps his hat on at all times. But other than that he seems his friendly self.
Saul Combat data
pace 8 (run d10), Parry 8 ( -4 to hit from magic/psionics, -2 hit from range, -6 to be hit from greater deflection) Toughness 18(6) but currently 19(6) with a power activated
Skills of note: fighting d12, psionics d10, notice d6
Active powers:
Greater Deflection -6 hit and +2 push
Greater Boost Psionics to d12+3 , +1 spirit and increase vigor to d10, becomes fatigued when it ends
Combat edges:
  • Doge & improved dodge: -2 to be hit from range
    Elan: +2 to trait rolls when spending a benny
    Arcane Awareness: -4 to be hit by magic with an action expand the -4 to trait rolls and notice rolls against.
    Improved Psi-sword: Str+spiritx3 ap8
Abilities and ISP: 32/40
  • IMPROVED SOUL Aura:+4 toughness, factored in
Saul Bennies
Bennies: 4/3
+1 post rate
Timothy Hernandez

Post by Timothy Hernandez »

Once the other teams have gone, Timothy will look at Cory. "We need to talk. I don't know what Drake did to get your panties in a bunch, but it's over now. Drake was on loan to us, he made his choice to go. This mission has had it's toll on everyone, It's been rough, but we still have a mission to do. When we get back to HQ we will take leave, we will have a memorial for Fell and everyone else. We still have a long ways to go, I need you to be ready. I need your skills, your powers, and I need you to be the heart of the team." With the lecture out of the way Timothy will lead the team back to town. Timothy will approach Q on the way back.

"Q. Would you mind working on Fells Blade? I got it jammed into the canyon walls." Timothy leaves the blade in his capable hands. Once the weapon is repaired Timothy will take the weapon. "Thanks Q. You are the best. I feel better, this will be a good sign of things to come."

While in town Timothy graciously accepts the rewards from the Sheriff. "It's what we are here for. Do good, beat the bad guys. This Simvan problem sound to be a major problem that we need to tackle. If at all possible, Could I get a Nano-Repair System installed? My initial specs wasn't concerned about long term survival. I also need to replenish my Ammo, would that be possible?"

Timothy will stop by the mail service and give them a package. "Please take this to Merc Town. My Uncle will be glad to hear from me."
OOC Comments
Battle Roll: No matter the Cost. Shooting: [dice]0[/dice] Wild: [dice]1[/dice] Extra Effort: [dice]2[/dice]
Once the Convoy is on the way to the next town, Timothy will maintain recon patrols during the day. During the day, there are multiple recon attempts to gauge the convoy defense. Timothy is able to kill the recon troops with ease. If Cory want to speak with Timothy, he is always willing to listen.

When Saul goes off on his own mission Timothy is not happy about it. Christ, these lone wolf missions is going to get us wipped out one day." "Okay everyone, no more lone wolfs. If you have something to do, takes someone with you."

The day after Saul left the team, a large demon horde descends upon the convoy. "Ahhh shit. Of course they decide to attack when we are a man down." "All units, pick up the pace. Incoming horde. All 1st cover the convoy. They have to make it through." Timothy flies towards the horde and lands in front of the onslaught. "No lone wolf missions, I say, It's going to get us killed I say." Timothy pulls out his Rail gun and in Rambo style moves the rail gun from left to right to left to right until he runs out of ammunition. Timothy will jump backwards with his jet pack and re-load. When he lands on the ground, he sprays the horde once again. Between the two clips the horde is diminished by over half. The horde leaders are pushing the attack, the minions are hesitant to face the long cyborg. Seeing the opening Timothy flies towards the horde, the minions start to run in fear. Target #1 at this point are the leaders of the minions. Timothy flies from one end of the chaos to the other taking out the leaders as he is able to. The minions try to get onto the transport beasts, those are Timothy's second target. The third clips doesn't last long enough, as he fells the last transport creature his rail-gun stops as well. The minions are in full retreat and Timothy is left hovering there with three spent clips. Pissed off that his enemy is getting away, Timothy is forced to return to the convoy.

"Cory, Status update. Walcott, the horde was pushed back this time. I'm bone dry on rail-gun ammo." Timothy resumes his normal patrol and is forced to use Fells Sword to combat the token attacks. During the nights Timothy will reference the sword for further advice and any insite into the tactics of the Horde. If I can predict their moves, we can make this easier on us.
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 24; (9 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5/6
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 2d12+2
Ammo: 32/32
Bennies: 1
Qoat

Post by Qoat »

Scene Modifer: -4
Resources Spent: No Matter the Cost: +4 (12 P.P.E. spent)
Quick Combat Roll: Psionics [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice], Ace 1: [dice]4[/dice]
Total: 8 (Success +1 Raise)

Repairing the Fell Blade (+2 Gadgeteer +2 TX-13 +2 Pre-Rifts Tool - 2 Super Tech)
Repair: [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]3[/dice]
Total: 6

The road is long, very, very long. The Q-Mobile is no race car, but compared to the convoy, it's a formula one racer. Qoat races around the convey over the days, weeks, months. He delivers the members of the 1st Set to where they are needed most, then racing back with a team of soldiers from Walcott's men on the various weapon systems providing rear guard action, then racing back to the front to clear a path through a landscape that might be some people's interpretation of hell. He burns psychic energy almost constantly through his devices to make sure he makes it in time to save lives.

Between times, he is keeping the convoy working, repairing damaged weapons and vehicles, including Timothy's fell blade. The Q-Mobile also becomes a child care center.
Saul wrote:That afternoon Saul plops down next to Qoat, he smiles at the quickflex driver, " Uhh hey Qoat, I am not sure if you noticed that some food has gone missing over the last couple of weeks. Not much, just a little here and there. Well... I made this friend back in Testament, a little orphan girl named Sara. It seems she stowed away in Walcott's vehicle, we are too far to head back... I would feel better if she road with us in the Qmobile until we pass back by Testament. I have never trusted Walcott, and I would like to keep a closer eye on little Sara, she tends to get into things. What do you think man?"
Qoat is surrounded by equipment in various states of disrepair when Saul comes to him with his request. With his helmet on to be able to use the various diagnostic tools embeded in it, Qoat doesn't even look up when Saul asks for permission to bring a child on board. "Saul, the center of the convoy is the place a child should be, we've been in the thick of danger more times than I can count. However, if you are going to clean up after her, then fine, there's room." As an after thought, the Quick Flex adds, "Can she shoot?"

Qoat never actually sees the girl, but he believes she's there, being too busy driving and fixing things. There are times he hears Saul talking to someone in a comforting tone. He is not a hard-hearted soul, and when passing out rations, he puts out some for her, along with a piece of candy from is person stash. When he comes back later to yell at the various men and women who've trashed the back of the vehicle, the food is always gone.

The Fell blade itself takes him a week of tinkering off and on to get working correctly. The Quick-Flex tells Tim, "There's something odd about this blade, it has," Qoat pauses for a second, "I bet normally this thing is sassy, but in it's damaged state, it both desires to be in the thick of battle, but at the same time sad that life can be short. It was as if it almost didn't want to be fixed."
Last edited by Qoat on Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Qoat
Qoat

ISP: 30
Pace: 8+1 (d8); Parry: 6; Toughness: 5; Strain: 6
Worn Armor: Triax T-13 Field Mechanic 14(6)
Weapon in Hand: CV-212 Variable Laser Rifle
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sinder »

Sinder eventually talks to some techno about fight they had and how he might have an idea about Something useful. He mentions a GREATER SLUMBER (MEGA POWER) applied to a necklace. Sinder thinks it is interesting and agrees. “This might be interesting. Who knows what How many I can put out."
Necklace: Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor
Sinder makes sure his Mini Railgun gets fixed and that he, has extra ammo for his ride He also will purchase replacement ammo for his grenade launcher.

Eventually word gets out about more Demons and Simvans. Sinder heads over to the Sherriff to see if he could work out a deal freeing the 1st Calvary so they could fight and then granting them all pardons. “Sheriff the 1st might be able to help you and you can give them a pardon. You need some top-quality fighters and they are.”

When they take to the road, the battles are a series of attacks, retreats and attacks again. The Simvan try day and night attacks. Trying to find weakness, that they might be able to use to their advantages. Sinder suggest that they change up their tactics too and keep them guessing as to what is happing. It is more a fight of attrition and tiring out each other.

Before a large attacks comes Sinder states that again his fire may not bring down the demon beast but he could concentrate on a large group of Simvan take out the riders and other beast and create a cloud of smoke and dust that might give their side an edge by blinding and chocking the beast so others can have an advantage.

When the Simvan start to charge the convoy Sinder takes his hover and heads to the wave. He lets go a massive bolt then turns to kick up more dust and dirt. He sets in for another run at a right angle from where he was making sure that there is plenty of choking smoke.

-Scene Modifier (if any): -4
+4 no matter the cost (12 ISP)
+2 Psi Roll Major (4 ISP)
[dice]0[/dice] GREATER BOOST (4 ISP) raised 2 die type
[dice]1[/dice]Extra effort Aced [dice]4[/dice]
+4 AP (2 ISP)
Fire Mastery smoke -4 to the enemy
EDGES,
Flame Blast Large Blast area (2 ISP)
Improve Fiery Aura, Medium Burst on Self 3d8

Flame Bolt
Psi [dice]5[/dice] +4 +2 +9 -4=17
OOC Comments
[dice]2[/dice] [dice]7[/dice] [dice]8[/dice]
[dice]3[/dice]
Wild Dice[dice]6[/dice]
[dice]9[/dice]
Last edited by Sinder on Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:50/50 Spent 8 Left 42
Active Psi Power:Armor, Flight

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5

Bennys: 2 for EP, +2 from play, Quarter 3
Cards: Can be played at any time

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP Used Battle of Albuquerque

New Cards 4th quarter

3d52 = 99: 35, 30, 34

Seize the Day The character acts as if he had
drawn a Joker this combat round

Revelation Your hero finds all the information
available when doing research, or
realizes critical information when
confronting some obstacle such as
a monster’s weakness, the answer
to a riddle or cipher, etc.

Cutting In Line Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.

Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.
Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

Guantlet of the Demon Slayer
Character must have Smite before using this blade. looks like a normal Knights Guantlet. but when player activates Smite on it various powers can come forth.
Major: Psi Blade Edge Strength and Spirit damage, AP 6, Smite +4 or with a raise +8 Damage and choose a trapping
Major: Florentine Edge (wield two weapons, adds+1to fighting roll-1 to thoose gang up.)
Major: Power Warriors Gift/ Greater Warriors Gift (4/8. Warriors edge one level lower or two at same level)
Major: Power Banish/Banish the Horde (3/6 One or Large Burst area)

Minor: +5 PP

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage
Cory Tetrascroll

Post by Cory Tetrascroll »

Even before Tim had a "chat" with Cory, she started acting a little different. She was sullen, but more than that, she was reserved. The fire was gone, or at least hidden. It all started after the furious assault on Drake and its utter failure. While she may or may not have been justified in her animosity to the sweater guy, she most certainly overreacted. His glib comment had been the final straw, the small change that caused her to erupt in anger. She accepted Saul's condolences, but did not take him up on his offer for cathartic conversation. Just the acceptance part itself was out of character.

It was an emotional state that had been growing. So when Tim did give her a warning, she accepted it without rebuttal or anger. She actually accept the censure. What she didn't talk about though is that Tim was not the only one to have chastised her for her behavior. As her attacks failed against Drake, she felt Sun and Moon pulling away, leaving her empty.

That first night, and several after instead of sleeping, she meditated. She took off all her armor, laid down all her weapons (all two, but still), and sat in the open by a small fire. She did not raise her head to the sky, but her heart and her spirit soared into the heavens as she prayed. Even in her trance-like state, the first night, an observer would have seen Cory shake and cry, emitting a quiet whimper. Her vision started with an eclipse. Whatever the scientific reason for an eclipse, or whatever other cultures ascribe to it, for Cory, it meant the absence of both Sun and Moon. It was a moment where she was absolutely cut off from their power. Physically impossible or not, it was Moon which reappeared first.

The message was clear. Cory had become imbalanced. Her use of Sun's powers had not been for the good of life, she had not fulfilled her mandate to protect the weak and contain the strong. The only reason, and she knew this as if it had been written on parchment laid at her feet, she had not been stripped of her power totally was that she protected her friends without fail, and she was an effective fighter against the truly hellish creatures she encountered. Her faith was a powerful weapon. She was straying from the path set before her by Sun and Moon.

Now it was Moon's turn to lead her. Cory could take up her arms, but until she had paid her penance, could only use them for defense. No magic attacks, no fighting, only defense.

The others maybe did not understand. She tried to explain to Tim. Maybe he understood, maybe he didn't, but she had two options, choose Sun and Moon's path, or leave the path all together. Maybe he'd understand it that way.

One positive note about the whole situation was the teachable moment for Merl. She explained to him about her powers, about her devotion to the deities of Sun and Moon. She didn't describe it as a religion, but a personal faith. Describing the specifics was challenging, since Cory didn't talk about it much, and it was almost purely "feelings" without words. She never made excuses to Merl, only described where she failed to live up to the standards she tried to live by. The standards that she must live by to continue to serve Sun and Moon.

So during the trek, mission, whatever, Cory was not on the front lines blasting away. It was very hard for her to do. Very hard. Maybe that was part of the point, she hadn't been so angry and prone to violence when she first gained her powers. But as she grew in strength, she had gravitated towards Sun's powers, and perhaps gone too far. But she was capable of healing people, of creating illusions to help distract enemies, helping communicate instantly between groups, and using the powers of her armor to teleport or speed around as needed. She could still help, she did still help, but not with enormous gouts of flame. She could do other things too, driving when needed, piloting something when necessary, and cracking the odd computer security system. She could shape change and scout ahead, or behind, or the flanks. She did this when Tim wanted more intel on enemy movements. She even offered to take one of the convoy vehicles to get an ammo resupply, but she knew Tim would veto that idea. There were a surprising number of other ways for her to help, probably Moon's point.

Still, it was hard.
Quick Combat
Psionics [dice]0[/dice] Wild [dice]1[/dice] No Matter The Cost (2 wounds)
TW Item
Upgrade TW Club: Minor 5pp, Minor 5pp, Major Greater Healing

Cory Tetrascroll
PPE: 8/25 | ISP: 5/25 | Bennies: 0
Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5(6); Toughness: 13(6); Strain: 6
Condition: Fleet Footed, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Strong Willed
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
[list]+6 Armor, +1 Toughness Edge: Fleet Footed PPE: 5/10; Speed, Teleport[/list]
Overcoat:
[list]+1 Toughness[/list]
Talisman of Marduk:
[list]+1 Toughness, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Linguist, Clairvoyance[/list]
Weapon in Hand:
(Right) Sun’s Glaring Sting:
[list]Damage Str+2d6; AP2 Mega Damage, +1 die to Str, Activation Cost: 4 PP/3rounds, Edges: Strong Willed; PP: 0/5; Fear (2PP), Quickness (4PP), Trappings: Holy & Silver[/list]
(Left) TW Club:
[list]Damage Str+1d4; +1 Parry[/list][/OOC]
edit signature
"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"
"This is a vital magical truth: to know anything, you must become that thing; you can know nothing beyond yourself, but you are everything."
Merlaggon
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Merlaggon »

TW Improvements on Missile Launcher
With the offer from the town, Merlaggon decides to get his Light Missile Launcher upgraded
Major: Edge - Steady Hands
Minor: +1 to Shooting
Minor: Alternate Trapping - Cold +2 AP (Penetrating Cold)?!?
"So can you make this help me shoot better... especially when I am moving around... and maybe have there be an option to shoot a Cold Missile for when things are immune to fire?"
Rocks Fall They All Die
Dropping LARGE Rocks on the Simvans and the the Demons
  • at -4 due Scene, further -2 due Non-Combat, +2 due Serious Business (Spending 8 ISP to boost his Strength for GINORMOUS rocks)
    • Strength so d12+3
  • Strength: [dice]0[/dice]
    Wild: [dice]1[/dice]
    Extra Effort (Thanks, Timothy for the Bennie): [dice]2[/dice]
    • Result: 8 - Success with Raise.
      • The hero wreaks havoc, slaying enemy leaders and destroying important assets. He adds 2 successes to his side’s battle. Escaping the dangers of battle he finds himself uninjured. In addition you gain a Benny
Disappointed that Cory will not be flying with him, Merlaggon settles for taking Sparky on a few runs with him over the next few weeks, as the Simvan and their Demonic allies. Most of the time, however, he ignores Timothy's orders about taking someone with him. On all of these flights over the Simvan and their allies, however, Merlaggon drops boulders and nets full of large rocks on them, occasionally even drawing upon his Inner Strength to boost his physical Strength, and dropping even bigger boulders on them. Whenever he sees the Simvans massing for a charge on the convoy, he drops the rocks on the lead riders, forcing them to break off their charge in order to avoid the falling rocks and boulders. Sometimes he even manages to squish some of them, or make them fall off their mounts and get trampled due to the abrupt movements of their mounts to avoid the boulders and rocks.
Last edited by Merlaggon on Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 0/3
  • [*]Base Amount
    -2 due Reroll on Hungry Helpers
    -1 due Extra Effort on Armor Power
ISP :20 / 10
PPE :38 /20
Active Psionic Powers: None
Active Magic Powers: Armor (+4 Armor due Raise, -1 to be hit by Ranged Weapons)
Combat Edges: Quick (Shapeshifter's Claw)

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 8
Toughness: Dragon Form - 47 (24) 43(20); Size +8
Toughness: Human Form - 15(6); Size 0
Notice: D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
[list][*]Enemy (Patron) - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”[/list]

Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher, TW Heavy Railgun (0/120 Shots)

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69
Sparky
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sparky »

Back in Testament Sparkmort is more than happy to take the Sheriff up on his offer given that his armor was long overdue for maintenance as it nevermind recent events. The operators the sheriff put them in touch with knew their business and they had his armor refurbished faster than he believe possible. He even showed them some schematics of a new stabilizer design he had been working on for his railgun and they were able to fabricate and install the device which improved both its accuracy and range! Can't wait to try out these upgrades he thought was he admired the completed work not realizing just how soon it would be put to the test.
Equipment Upgrades (Railgun)
Minor: +1 Shooting
Minor; +1 Shooting
Major: Increase Range 50% (150/300/600)
Barely a few hours out of Testament the attacks started. The first few were fought off without much difficulty but each successive attack grew bigger and more aggressive and the intervals between raids shrank to the point that it seemed as though a fresh force would arrive as soon as the last had been driven off. Sparkmort spent days at a time in his armor stopping to climb aboard a vehicle to get a few hours sleep on those rare instances when the seemingly never ending attacks would abate for a short time.

Some days Sparkmort would bound up and down the line of the convoy, his boosters letting him cover 40 yards in a single prodigious leap, breaking up clusters of Simvan Raiders with controlled bursts of fire tearing apart the lightly armored D-Bees and their mounts. Occasionally he would partner up with Merlaggon, riding the great beast has he flew over some of the larger formations making bombing runs while Sparkmort would strafe their ranks to either side before they could get into attack range of the convoy. He even took to playing an ancient piece of music by a human name Wagner partly as an attempt to try and stay alert and partly because he may have been a little irrational from the sleep deprivation.
Quick Combat. Shooting 13. Success + 2 Raises
Shooting [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

-4 Scene Modifier
+4 No matter the cost

24 rounds of Rail Gun Ammo expended. (Ouch!)

-1 bennie for Extra Effort with Elan [dice]2[/dice]
+1 bennie due to Quick Combat result
Last edited by Sparky on Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Aftermath
As the 1st SET cuts its way toward Silverno the plains of Kansas and Colorado run black with the blood of demons and Simvan. The convoy is attacked nearly daily, Saul disappears for a while and returns nearly on his death bed - with a kid in tow. Nerves are frayed and ammo supplies begin to dwindle to dangerously low levels. After a particularly brutal encounter freeing a group of refugees captured by demons in the ruins of old Denver the convoy finally reaches the base of the rocky mountains. The terrain is treacherous and the weather begins to get colder as they go up, following a narrow trade route that winds through the mountains the group's enemy changes from demons from the fiery pits of hell to the biting cold of exposure. However, their experience and modern equipment serve them well and they pass into Silverno. Battered and bruised, but not broken.
Benefits
Given you were one person short and still manage 14 successes, I will give the benefit of 15 successes. Let's very quickly sus out your magic item.

5,000 credits
Enchanted Item: One Major, Two Minor
+2 Charism from Renown in the area
We can use this thread to finalize loot but Continue Posting Here
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
Cory Tetrascroll

Post by Cory Tetrascroll »

ImageImage
Charm Bracelet of the Deceiver
This bracelet is very beautiful. The charms are unique and well crafted and the links are made of fine gold and silver. The wearer seems more impressive and attractive (+1 Spirit, Vigor) and even the MegaVerse itself seems to favour her a little more than others (Elan).
Mods
Major: Elan, Minor: +1 Spirit, Minor: +1 Vigor
Demonic Trait: 7

Cory Tetrascroll
PPE: 8/25 | ISP: 5/25 | Bennies: 0
Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5(6); Toughness: 13(6); Strain: 6
Condition: Fleet Footed, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Strong Willed
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
[list]+6 Armor, +1 Toughness Edge: Fleet Footed PPE: 5/10; Speed, Teleport[/list]
Overcoat:
[list]+1 Toughness[/list]
Talisman of Marduk:
[list]+1 Toughness, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Linguist, Clairvoyance[/list]
Weapon in Hand:
(Right) Sun’s Glaring Sting:
[list]Damage Str+2d6; AP2 Mega Damage, +1 die to Str, Activation Cost: 4 PP/3rounds, Edges: Strong Willed; PP: 0/5; Fear (2PP), Quickness (4PP), Trappings: Holy & Silver[/list]
(Left) TW Club:
[list]Damage Str+1d4; +1 Parry[/list][/OOC]
edit signature
"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"
"This is a vital magical truth: to know anything, you must become that thing; you can know nothing beyond yourself, but you are everything."
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sinder »

Bracers of the Beast
These hellish bracers are used to tame the savage beast, or at least point the savage beast at your enemies! As long as the bracers are worn the users gains the beast master edge and a firey hell hound as his companion. This animal magnetism even extends to people (+1 charisma).
mods
Edge: Beast Master. Minors: +1 to Charisma, Trapping: fiery damage field on hell hound
Demonic Trait: 6
Bracers Image
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:50/50 Spent 8 Left 42
Active Psi Power:Armor, Flight

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5

Bennys: 2 for EP, +2 from play, Quarter 3
Cards: Can be played at any time

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP Used Battle of Albuquerque

New Cards 4th quarter

3d52 = 99: 35, 30, 34

Seize the Day The character acts as if he had
drawn a Joker this combat round

Revelation Your hero finds all the information
available when doing research, or
realizes critical information when
confronting some obstacle such as
a monster’s weakness, the answer
to a riddle or cipher, etc.

Cutting In Line Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.

Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.
Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

Guantlet of the Demon Slayer
Character must have Smite before using this blade. looks like a normal Knights Guantlet. but when player activates Smite on it various powers can come forth.
Major: Psi Blade Edge Strength and Spirit damage, AP 6, Smite +4 or with a raise +8 Damage and choose a trapping
Major: Florentine Edge (wield two weapons, adds+1to fighting roll-1 to thoose gang up.)
Major: Power Warriors Gift/ Greater Warriors Gift (4/8. Warriors edge one level lower or two at same level)
Major: Power Banish/Banish the Horde (3/6 One or Large Burst area)

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage
Saul
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Saul »

Sara:
1 major: sidekick edge
1 minor: trapping, Hidden Evil: the closer you look the less evil she is.
1 minor: +1 cha, who,doesn't like or take pity on the fool who cares for sara
Complication:
  • Cursed (Major) Your heroine crossed some dark power and has forever after been marked by its tainted touch. Your character may never receive beneficial blessings such as those from the Arcane Background (Miracles) Edge. This Hindrance may only be taken in a setting that allows the Arcane Background (Miracles) Edge.
  • Conduit for the Deep Lord (Major) In the first round of any combat, you must make a Fear check. This roll is at -2.

Code: Select all

Sara:
1 major: sidekick edge
1 minor: trapping, Hidden Evil: the closer you look the less evil she is.
1 minor: +1 cha, who,doesn't like or take pity on the fool who cares for sara
Complication: 
[list][*]Cursed (Major) Your heroine crossed some dark power and has forever after been marked by its tainted touch. Your character may never receive beneficial blessings such as those from the Arcane Background (Miracles) Edge. This Hindrance may only be taken in a setting that allows the Arcane Background (Miracles) Edge.[/list]
[list][*]Conduit for the Deep Lord (Major) In the first round of any combat, you must make a Fear check. This roll is at -2.[/list]
Attachments
IMG_0254.JPG
Saul Combat data
pace 8 (run d10), Parry 8 ( -4 to hit from magic/psionics, -2 hit from range, -6 to be hit from greater deflection) Toughness 18(6) but currently 19(6) with a power activated
Skills of note: fighting d12, psionics d10, notice d6
Active powers:
Greater Deflection -6 hit and +2 push
Greater Boost Psionics to d12+3 , +1 spirit and increase vigor to d10, becomes fatigued when it ends
Combat edges:
  • Doge & improved dodge: -2 to be hit from range
    Elan: +2 to trait rolls when spending a benny
    Arcane Awareness: -4 to be hit by magic with an action expand the -4 to trait rolls and notice rolls against.
    Improved Psi-sword: Str+spiritx3 ap8
Abilities and ISP: 32/40
  • IMPROVED SOUL Aura:+4 toughness, factored in
Saul Bennies
Bennies: 4/3
+1 post rate
Sparky
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sparky »

Amulet of Protection
This kingly amulet is decorated with precious metals, and is embedded with gems. The magic in the amulet makes the owner keenly aware of his surroundings allowing him to avoid (or seek) trouble and also gives him an eye for anything valuable.
mods
Edge: Danger Sense (Major)
+1 to Notice Rolls pertaining to Danger Sense (Minor)
+1 to Notice Rolls pertaining to Danger Sense (Minor)
Demonic Trait: The owner gains a free d6 in Gambling, and receives a +2 bonus to Gambling rolls. He also becomes Greedy (as the Major Hindrance), and when fighting a foe who possesses something of obvious and significant value to him, the wielder enjoys a +1 bonus to his attack rolls with this weapon.
Amulet of Protection.png
Amulet of Protection.png (20.99 KiB) Viewed 12740 times
Timothy Hernandez

Post by Timothy Hernandez »

Saddle of the Demon Horde
This just appears to be a normal riding saddle until activated (use Spirit roll). Then a hellish beast forms under the saddle useful for riding and fighting. The beast is a summoned and bound Hellforged Horse that will stay for a day or until destroyed. A new opposed Spirit rolls is required each day after the first to keep the horse bound to service. Otherwise it may disappear or even turn on its master. While activated the saddle also gives the rider a fearsome aura (+2 intimidation).
mods
Major: Summoning. The saddle summons a demonic version of the beast desired to be ridden.
Minor: +1 Intimidation
Minor: +1 Intimidation
Demoni Trait: 6
Hellforged Horse
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12, Vigor d12
Skills: Fighting d10, Intimidation d10, Notice d10
Pace: 8; Parry: 7; Toughness: 14 (4)
Special Abilities:
[*]Armor +4: Plates of Infernal Steel.
[*]Kick: Str+1d10
[*]Construct: +2 to recover from being Shaken; No extra damage from called shots; Immune to poison and disease; Ignores wound penalties.
[*]Fear: Creatures that see these unnatural forms must make a Fear check.
[*]Fearless: Golems are immune to the effects of Fear and Intimidation.
[*]Hardy: The creature does not suffer a wound from being Shaken twice.
[*]Hell-Forged: Fireproof, suffers half damage from fire attacks.
[*]Size +2: These constructs are over 10’ long and stand 6' at the shoulders.
Red Saddle.jpg
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 24; (9 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5/6
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 2d12+2
Ammo: 32/32
Bennies: 1
Merlaggon
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Merlaggon »

Band of Growth
Upon activation, the Dragon wearing the Band of Growth increases its size, but with extra thick scales and an almost Demonic appearance, while still being recognizable as a Dragon
mods
  • Enchanted Dragon Sized Ring
    Minor
    • +2 Armor
    • +2 Armor
    Major
    • Size Increase
Demonic Trait: 2
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 0/3
  • [*]Base Amount
    -2 due Reroll on Hungry Helpers
    -1 due Extra Effort on Armor Power
ISP :20 / 10
PPE :38 /20
Active Psionic Powers: None
Active Magic Powers: Armor (+4 Armor due Raise, -1 to be hit by Ranged Weapons)
Combat Edges: Quick (Shapeshifter's Claw)

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 8
Toughness: Dragon Form - 47 (24) 43(20); Size +8
Toughness: Human Form - 15(6); Size 0
Notice: D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
[list][*]Enemy (Patron) - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”[/list]

Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher, TW Heavy Railgun (0/120 Shots)

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69
Roderick Wolfram

Post by Roderick Wolfram »

Three ideas:

Dried Demon Heart
  • Type of Item: A shrivel demonic heart.
  • Enchantments (One Major, Two Minor): Regeneration (major), Regeneration (minor), +1 trait roll (minor)
  • Major: Regeneration - The creature regenerates quickly. It may make a natural Healing roll once per day (rather than once per week).
  • Minor: Regeneration - Whenever the creature gains a permanent injury, it may make a natural healing roll once recovered from the Incapacitation which caused the injury. On a success, the injury heals after 1d6 days.
  • Minor: Natural Healing Roll +1 Healing Roll
  • Trappings: Wearing the demon heart imparts the vitality of a demon allowing the wear to regenerate damage.
Demon Bone Cross
  • Type of Item: A cross made from the rib bones of a demon.
  • Enchantments (One Major, Two Minor): Banish (major), 2 x Trait Roll (minor)
  • P.P.E.: 10 (1/hour)
  • Trait Roll: Spirit
  • Major: Banish This spell is an opposed roll of the caster’s arcane skill versus the target’s Spirit. On a success, the target is Shaken. On a raise, it is sent to its proper plane of existence. If the target is a Wild Card, each casting of banish causes a wound instead. If the target already has three wounds, it is then banished to its native plane—but it is not slain.
    Range: Smarts
    Duration: Instant
    Cost: 3 P.P.E.
  • Minor: Spirit +1 Spirit Roll
  • Trappings: Brandishing the cross, the user can compel supernatural beings to flee the dimension or inspire fear in those who see it.
Demon Skull
  • Type of Item: The skull of a demon that can be fitted over most helmets.
  • Enchantments (One Major, Two Minor): Fear (major), 2 x Trait Roll (minor)
  • P.P.E.: 10 (1/hour)
  • Trait Roll: Spirit
  • Major: Fear This power causes the target overwhelming dread and horror. The area of effect is the Large Burst Template. Every creature beneath the template must make a Fear check, at –2 if the caster got a raise. Wild Cards who fail roll on the Fear Table. Extras are Panicked instead.
    Range: Smarts x 2
    Duration: Instant
    Cost: 2 P.P.E.
  • Trappings: by wearing the skull or holding it aloft, the user can inspire fear on his enemies.
Roderick Wolfram - Robot Pilot EP Record
Stats
Personal
Toughness: 15(8), Pace 6

Edges of Note: Brawny, Level Headed, Elan, Danger Sense, Battle-Hardened*, Fearless*, Nerves of Steel*

* from SuperTech device

Hinderances: Overconfident, Heartless, Loyal

Dragonwing

Size 8, Crew 1 + 3, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35(17), Pace 10, Flight Pace 30 (in Combat), Acc/TS 30/400 (Chase and Non Combat)
Q1 2019 Adventure Cards
  • None Drawn Yet

Return to “1st SET Adventures”