RP in the gym (right after Chapter 4)

Aggelos

RP in the gym (right after Chapter 4)

Post by Aggelos »

Leaving the debriefing she is still angry but mostly satisfied. Punching the little weasel would have felt better in the short term for sure but she had better things to do than be a guest in the brig. As the meeting was brief she takes a few minuets to message them (in Jane and Keiths case she actually hunts them down) to ask them to join Lulu and herself.

"Sooo the debrief was fun. We need to have a team meeting. Meet up in the south gym in 20. It's important. Forty-Two bring that holo-player you found." ( @Forty-Two @74Z3 Jane Doe @Ophelia Monk @Keith )

Then she heads there herself, stopping in the equipment cage to get gloves and punching pads. Then hits the heavy bag a bit while she waits.
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 7/ 14(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 30/30
Bennies: 3/3

Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand
74Z3 Jane Doe

Re: RP in the gym (right after Chapter 4)

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe »

As Aggy had to retrieve Jane (Jane beeing a literal newb in Refuge), Jane was in the Gym casually observing @Aggelos foot work, posture, and fighting technique.

"While hitting that bag is fine. There is nothing as rewarding as hitting another living being."

"Take for instance Thunder. Notice that I did not actually shoot the poor guy. That kind of physical connection is a real release and relief."

"I will spar with you if you want."
Aggelos

Post by Aggelos »

74Z3 Jane Doe wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:12 am As Aggy had to retrieve Jane (Jane beeing a literal newb in Refuge), Jane was in the Gym casually observing @Aggelos foot work, posture, and fighting technique.

"While hitting that bag is fine. There is nothing as rewarding as hitting another living being."

"Take for instance Thunder. Notice that I did not actually shoot the poor guy. That kind of physical connection is a real release and relief."

"I will spar with you if you want."
Aggy nods in acceptance of the offer. "Sounds good, my teacher would be appalled at how sloppy my hand to hand has gotten." As they begin to spar she waxes philosophical. "Excepting things …<Swing> like this, for me it's.. oof.. about payment for,, <Jab, jab> misdeeds and insuring their misdeeds end. *Whoof*" Ending up on her back from a leg sweep she remembers chatting is generally a bad idea when sparing. Standing up she stretches a bit then sets for another pass. After a few more minuets Aggy waves Jane off so she can save some energy for Lulu. "So while doing so is cathartic it's more about the why than the how. What's your why? Hurting things just to feel better can lead to some dark places."

When Lulu arrives Aggy tosses her the gloves and removes her own. "Protect your hands. Like me you need them to do your job so don't fuck em up training or letting off steam. Hopefully the rest of the team will be showing up in a bit. We need to pow wow, but we should have time to work out some rage before they get here." Putting on the pads and holding her hands up she gets set and begins telling Lulu what punches to throw.
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 7/ 14(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 30/30
Bennies: 3/3

Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand
LuLu

Post by LuLu »

Lulu had been through basic training like everyone in the legion, but she hadn't worked hard on her hand to hand combat skills much since then. She found her muscle memory was still present as she strapped on the gloves and assumed the correct stance.
She started off imagining Lt. Pats face on the pads Aggy held up. It took her a few strikes to remember how to throw her hips into the punch and work up enough power to match them to her emotions. After a strike that left Aggy laughing and shaking out her arm, Lulu imagined she'd done enough damage to their superior officer and started imagining CS operatives faces on the pads instead. When she finally felt she'd successfully transferred her anger into imaginary faces, she stepped back and let her hands drop. She was dripping with sweat and she could feel the blood rushing to hands now dangling at her sides, but she felt better too, lighter.

Lulu opened her mouth to express her gratitude and her surprise at her enjoyment of this coping mechanism, but Aggy's eyes cut to door where their next team mate had arrived.
Lulu Borland__
Lulu Borland - Human Medic for Field Team Six

Pace: 6 Parry:5 Toughness: 5 (7 in Armor) Armor: 13/6
Wounds: None
PP: 1/15
First Aid kit: 2/3
Combat Edges: Luck, Quick, Combat Lifesaver
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
74Z3 Jane Doe

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe »

Jane caught Aggy's left leg near her right hip and pinned it as she stepped forward with her left and hooked Aggy's right. Her left hand flew forward and pushed Aggy on the center of her chest and followed her to the floor.

After kneeling beside Aggy as she caught her breathe, Jane pulled Aggy back to her feet. For some the event would have seem long and drawn out, Jane saw the whole thing in a second.

"I was on a Splurgoth barge when I arrived here on Earth. The barge was destroyed and I remember killing a unique earthling in the skirmish."

"Myself and one other sister survived."

"I believe we were left to fend for ourselves, the group we had attacked moved faster than we could. I lost their trail near a mountain of earth."

"I parted ways with my sister."

"Somehow I stumbled across the trail of one called Luke. A memory awakened."

"I tracked him. He evaded. And that is where my memories get a bit jumbled."

"I remember a lab, a wolf, and then waking up to something, something bio-wizardry."

"Then I was in the woods heading to the Murder Bowl you and the crazy crew."

"I am just trying to find out what and who I am. And I don't take kindly to hate and agression towards non-humans."
Forty-Two

Post by Forty-Two »

Watching the others spar Forty Two was proud to be invited to this session. He was about to talk and share about his own experience when he realized his assistance idiograms where telling him this is a time when people needing silent support more than him just sharing his own excitement.

He wasn't the best fighter in the world, but he knew the best fighter in the world and that was his best friend Sir William Mahan. He sometimes went to the training classes Sir William offered for new recruits and one time Forty Two even hit a guy. It was great!

Adapting his body to be a featureless white mannequin as big as he could get it, nearly 5' tall, even if a bit skinny. Forty Two prepared to help them by being a sparing partner, He knew from his training classes before that while he may not be able to fight, he was better than most people at refuge and even better than most S.E.T. members at avoiding being hit, and that helps people out a lot for building their skills to have an opponent they cannot hardly hit, is especially satisfying when they do land those blows.

Return to “Adventure Forum”