Pre Adventure: Part 2, The road to Kingsdale (Aggy and 42)

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Pre Adventure: Part 2, The road to Kingsdale (Aggy and 42)

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

There were several ways to get to Kingsdale. The land was a series of rolling hills with trees, and grasses turning brown as autumn set. Fourty Two and Aggy both set out on the low road about the same time and so for the present found themselves in each other’s company.

About mid day something interesting caught their attention. The first thing they noticed was that there was a strange glowing light coming from a nearby hillock. When they got to the bottom they were greeted by a large man and a few strange looking men in white robes. The man had an odd hat with a long spike coming out of it. He was dressed in fine robes and a cloak which he seemed to be wearing over his head. He held a staff in his right hand and a strange green glowing stone in his left. The man looked to be in his late thirties but seemed to be quite fit. Aggy and Fourty Two didn't know what to make of him. He smiled and instantly the two knew him. He grinned and jubilantly said, “ "You two seem different. Is that a blessing or a curse? You've always been taller than me and you've always been stronger. Does that bother you?"
A little bit about the low road
The low road was one that personified the post apocalypse. A slow broken and meandering road with junked vehicles overgrown with vegetation littering the landscape. It was a road that was not worth getting your head stuck in for, but it did provide a view of several abandoned towns. Towns that were covered in an unkempt grass which was almost as tall as the vehicles that were piled on top of it. Towns that were built in the middle of nowhere, so their locations gave them the feeling of being far away from the world and its problems. One old abandoned town was called Palanoke which was located off a cliff with nothing but a few small buildings to be seen. The town itself was not very well built, but the buildings that were present were quite old, and looked old, and were in dire need of repair.
Feel free to RP a bit as you like, also give a little Interlude style flash back to how you know this man.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Aggelos

Re: Pre Adventure: Part 2, The road to Kingsdale (Aggy and 42)

Post by Aggelos »

With a faint snap the leather straps on her holsters seem to reapply themselves as Aggelos gets a closer look at the odd monk. "Gifford...this is a surprise." She had met the strange man and his congregation after escaping El Occulta's clutches. They were some of the oddest people she'd ever met but well meaning and kind. So what if they worshiped a great unicorn and ate hallucinogenic grass? The fates had kept them alive somehow in this crapbox world so they must be doing something right.

"Glad you've not all been killed by bandits or monsters. This looks, weird, but probably important to you. Don't let us keep you."
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 7/ 14(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 30/30
Bennies: 3/3

Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand
Forty-Two

Post by Forty-Two »

Forty Two looks at the old man with the pointy hat. Something was off about the man. Familiar, yet alien at the same time. "Well hello. i did not know you would be out here, I just assumed that only Aggy and i would be out here. Hey, don't i know you. You look real familiar. Like one of the guys that helped the great and powerful Abraxlidone when he was being pestered by humans, but Abraxlidone did not want to hurt them.

"You were the wizard with the solution is how to banish the humans without harming them right?"

When @Aggelos names the Wizard @Forty-Two thinks. Hum, that name does not sound familiar. "Do you change your name a lot or what? I know that last time you where going by the name Jaccob, but this time @Aggelos is calling you Gifford, and I don't think that is your name either." The endless stream of words only slows when @Forty-Two remembers Aggy wanted him to talk less. But the excitement at talking made him loose track of himself for a moment.

OOC Comments
Sorry really struggled with this post. i had to read it a few times to understand it.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The old man smiled at the two that had chance encountered him. He could see that they were struggling some. With a wave he showed 42 magic that was familiar and banished those other individuals that were with him. In mere seconds it was just the three of them in the grove. He winked at the secret robot and produced some small dainty mushrooms, “So funny to meet you both on this road. Gillford to some yes, and to others I am simply known for my ability to remove stains... Care for a mushroom?”. He popped one into his mouth with no apparent ill effect. “So what is a clan-less Atlantean and one of the great dragon’s progeny doing together, and if I am not mistaken on a road to Kingsdale? Why just yesterday I met a young woman heading via cart and horse to Kingsdale.”

The old man tipped his floppy hat downward for a moment trying to get a better look at 42. He muttered, “No... Not a early model... But nothing... Maybe something in the early fourties...
Sorry for the initial post
I blame mike for showing me that website. My wife pointed out that it was just bad writng. So sorry.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Forty-Two

Re: Preadventure Part 2, The road to Kingsdale (Jane and Lenard)

Post by Forty-Two »

"Wow, pretty good guess. I'm Forty-Two, about one of the oldest left after the rebellion. But still pay off the third generation. You must have known my father pretty good to be able to identify me so quickly. Did you know him looking, did you adventure with him, were you friends, coworkers, or just aquainted?" Flirty Two's eye focus a bit examining the old man in the entire magical and physical plain all at once.
OOC Comments
Ex Detect Arcana
Spellcasting [dice:c2epjof7]60669:0[/dice:c2epjof7]
Wild [dice:c2epjof7]60669:1[/dice:c2epjof7]
SUCCESS, Notice roll to determine Arcane stuff
Notice [dice:c2epjof7]60669:2[/dice:c2epjof7]
Wild [dice:c2epjof7]60669:3[/dice:c2epjof7]
Looking around Forty Two shows looking enough to think for a moment. "So why are you here in the middle of nowhere? Are you lost, do you want to come to the city with us. Do you have food?"
Aggelos

Post by Aggelos »

Aggelos takes a mushroom and wraps it in a piece of cloth, sticking it in her pack. "Sure. I'll take one. But if it's anything like that last stuff you fed me, I'll just wait to eat it. Not the most opportune time for a vision quest."

She listens to the wizard(?) and golem talk while she surveys the area around them. Oh gods, he's one of those kind of geezers. Probably lunches with Coake and they titter about their meddling.

"Forty-Two I'm sure he has important wizard shit to do. Somewhere else. To other people. We should leave him to it." People like this wizard were the last folks whose radar she needed to be on. Professional meddlers wouldn't take kindly to her being here.
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
  • List of Abilities

Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand
Forty-Two

Post by Forty-Two »

Forty Two eats one of the mushrooms and nods to @Aggelos. "You know Aggy sometimes people just want to talk and visit. Don't you want to talk and visit? Maybe not, maybe that is why you do not have any friends. Well I will talk with you and make sure you are not alone again, and you will have a friend."
Aggelos

Post by Aggelos »

Forty-Two wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:46 am Forty Two eats one of the mushrooms and nods to Aggelos. "You know Aggy sometimes people just want to talk and visit. Don't you want to talk and visit? Maybe not, maybe that is why you do not have any friends. Well I will talk with you and make sure you are not alone again, and you will have a friend."
Of course he wants to stay and chat a thought which is clear as day on her face. "Not a big talker, especially when I'm on a mission. And I do have a friend in this dimension, Sargent Gabe in the brig. Hell of a quick draw with his tail. We talk guns." She then realizes the little guy really is just trying to be her friend in an awkward, naïve kind of way so she gives a little."Not that I'm limited to one or anything. Just sayin that I can make friends. But right now I'm more concerned with making the most of chance to be more than a guard in the drunk tank. Can't kill much evil there."
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
  • List of Abilities

Edit Signature
Forty-Two

Post by Forty-Two »

Forty-Two felt sorry for the poor girl. Her only friend was in the Brig. That must be tough on her. "Okay, well lets go. I will keep an eye out for you and make sure we don't get ambushed." Not realizing she was a brig guard or that her friend was likewise in charge of the brig he adds. "Maybe we can think of a way to get your friend out of the brig. What did he do to get stuck down there?"
Aggelos

Post by Aggelos »

Forty-Two wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:00 am Forty-Two felt sorry for the poor girl. Her only friend was in the Brig. That must be tough on her. "Okay, well lets go. I will keep an eye out for you and make sure we don't get ambushed." Not realizing she was a brig guard or that her friend was likewise in charge of the brig he adds. "Maybe we can think of a way to get your friend out of the brig. What did he do to get stuck down there?"
She nods, "I can usually feel trouble brewing <she taps her temple> but more eyes out never hurts." She shrugs about Gabe. "He's older and can't get around so well anymore so the powers that be felt that's where he should go. I offered to try and get him out and he could come to Kingsdale with me but he's comfortable there, running the cell blocks." She sounds a little disappointed in her friend but not bitter. She then turns to business.

"So your being sent to do what in Kingsdale? I was told to represent the Legion, but I'm a bit confused at what they expect. I'm being sent to a thing called Murderthon. Me. So that would generally mean... a murderthon. Or at least a lot of people minus kneecaps and such. But, as it has been repeatedly stressed to me, the Legion frowns on the old ultraviolence. Maybe I'll get lucky and there will be a vampire infestation we can foil.
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
  • List of Abilities

Edit Signature
Forty-Two

Post by Forty-Two »

Aggelos wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:08 pm She nods, "I can usually feel trouble brewing <she taps her temple> but more eyes out never hurts." She shrugs about Gabe. "He's older and can't get around so well anymore so the powers that be felt that's where he should go. I offered to try and get him out and he could come to Kingsdale with me but he's comfortable there, running the cell blocks." She sounds a little disappointed in her friend but not bitter. She then turns to business.
"Oh, you mean he was a guard. Well that makes sense then. Sorry, I thought he was a prisoner. i am glad your friend is not a prisoner. He would have to be a really nice old man and it is cool that you get to do things together."

Aggelos wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:08 pm "So your being sent to do what in Kingsdale? I was told to represent the Legion, but I'm a bit confused at what they expect. I'm being sent to a thing called Murderthon. Me. So that would generally mean... a murderthon. Or at least a lot of people minus kneecaps and such. But, as it has been repeatedly stressed to me, the Legion frowns on the old ultraviolence. Maybe I'll get lucky and there will be a vampire infestation we can foil.
@Forty-Two was amazed. "Wow, we are on the same mission. I think maybe they had you get geared up so you could be my body-guard assistant or something." Taking a brief break to flay above the tree line to look around and then back down. "You know, sometimes they plan really well. How many others do you think we will come too? I mean I got lucky and came across you. Because no telling without you I may have needed to find another option. This is after all a long trip and I would have to get help from someone to get there."

Then as if something just came to his mind he says. "Hey, do you like magic. I mean I can see your magic and you have some. But do you like magic toys and stuff? I can help you out maybe. I could like put a blessing on one of your toys for you so you could be set up for success if something happens.

"That is my job you know. i normally help out Tyler making gear and magic stuff for the Legionaries but I can also do some quick little enchantments for you on the road to help them work right. i don't need to sleep or anything so I get lots of boring free time while you sleep."
Aggelos

Post by Aggelos »

Forty-Two wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:55 am
@Forty-Two was amazed. "Wow, we are on the same mission. I think maybe they had you get geared up so you could be my body-guard assistant or something." Taking a brief break to flay above the tree line to look around and then back down. "You know, sometimes they plan really well. How many others do you think we will come too? I mean I got lucky and came across you. Because no telling without you I may have needed to find another option. This is after all a long trip and I would have to get help from someone to get there."

Then as if something just came to his mind he says. "Hey, do you like magic. I mean I can see your magic and you have some. But do you like magic toys and stuff? I can help you out maybe. I could like put a blessing on one of your toys for you so you could be set up for success if something happens.

"That is my job you know. i normally help out Tyler making gear and magic stuff for the Legionaries but I can also do some quick little enchantments for you on the road to help them work right. i don't need to sleep or anything so I get lots of boring free time while you sleep."
The idea that she was dispatched as a body guard elicits an eyeroll but she lets it pass. "Upgrades and trinkets are nice. That would be very appreciated. So you're not a diplomat type?" Chewing on some jerky from a trail ration she thinks a moment. "What's your plan then for making a good impression for the Legion?"
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
  • List of Abilities

Edit Signature

Return to “Adventure Forum”