Pre Adventure, Part 1: The Warmup (Jane Doe)

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Pre Adventure, Part 1: The Warmup (Jane Doe)

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Weeks before the fateful call from Pender lumpkiss you were all separately called Into office room 3A within the Stone Halls of Castle Refuge on the lowest level. Given that no one had ever summoned you anywhere because they might have distrusted you, thought little of your abilities, or never thought you were destined for more it was a rather abrupt surprise to receive an official summons.

A dwarf with fiery red hair, a sunny smile, and a warrior's heft to her broad shoulders stands before you. This is Dhara Hammerheart, one of the leaders of the Tomorrow Legion. Her short arms and hands are balanced on a wooden desk. She motions for you to sit in the single worn chair opposite her. “Greetings, Legionnaire, Jane.” She hands you what looks like a flyer advertising some sort of sporting event. She also passes you seemingly from behind the desk a plate of grilled veggtables and oblong shaped cooked brown meat. The scent is intoxicating. She smiles warmly, “Please, I know you must be starving. Eat. Something is going on out near Kingsdale; a Juicer sports competition called a murderthon, and they've specifically invited a representative of the Tomorrow Legion to attend.” Dhara's expression is thoughtful. “Juicer sports in general are bloody, savage competitions and nothing we truly want to be involved in. However, I hear this particular murderthon is going to be more restrained.” Dhara laughs. “I have my doubts, but the fact remains that this an unprecedented opportunity for the legion to reach out and build relationships with nearby realms. Kingsdale is a very prosperous and influential city-state. We need a closer relationship with them. This region has a history with Juicers ever since the Juicer Uprising.” The dwarf nods towards you. ”Therefore, I am requesting that you attend the murderthon. If I can I will make the request to others within these castle walls. So far I have yet to find any takers. If you agree keep your eyes open and remember you represent all of us. Go show them who we are.”She paused and slid a paper form towards you across the desk. A pen rolled after it. A simple Legionnaire contract for field duty. A quick glance at it beyond the standard legalize was that the job paid 10,000 credits, and an experience of a life time. With some amount of gravitas she solemnly says, “I know you might have had other plans for this afternoon and week, but what say you?”

Please post a response and ask any questions. For this particular part it is just you and her. Feel free to roll any skills you think would apply and I’ll toss in a response.

+1 Benny if you tell a story, perhaps some kind of flashback, about what you were up to prior to receiving the summons.

Story moves on in two weeks.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
74Z3 Jane Doe

Re: Pre Adventure, Part 1: The Warmup (Jane Doe)

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe »

Conscious. Aware.

Machines beep and little red lights flash in another room.

"Jane Doe is awake."

"It has been a while."

"Yes it has been."

Warm. Soft. Where is it? The Master's Voice? Silence.

The body in the bed rolled over on her side, pulled the covers up around her, and went to sleep.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

A contract was slid under the door. It detailed a mission to just outside Kingsdale, at a murderball comtest. If Jane wanted to make it on time she woukd need to gather what gear she had and set out.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
74Z3 Jane Doe

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe »

Pender Lumkiss wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:37 pm A contract was slid under the door. It detailed a mission to just outside Kingsdale, at a murderball comtest. If Jane wanted to make it on time she woukd need to gather what gear she had and set out.
The paper was slid under the door but the figure in the bed did not move.

Figures moved beyond the door. Voices on the other side spoke to each other. Seems very few realized that she was Altaran and even fewer knew that she was blind, despite the pale blue eyes.

Jane lay silently on the bed. She knew that something had changed in the room. Her senses said that it was minor and nothing to be alarmed by as it possed no threat.

A voice commed into the room. "Ms. Doe. We have an activity for you to participate in. Something to get your body and work out the atrophy of the last six months."

She laid still. First uncertain of what is being said and then her memory begins processing. First it replays the sounds and inflections. Then it begins translating. Her mind registered the words but when she tried to reply, her tongue could not form the words.

Struggling to speak, she squaks first. Next comes a groan and a gurgle.

"I know not this Jane Doe. I am Seven Four Zee Three (74Z3). The Altarans most likely seek me even now."

She gets up off the bed and heads to the paper near the door. "I assume that this has some meaning to you, but I cannot read."

She stands there with the paper held between two fingers.

"Where am I? Where is the one called @Luke ?"
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The muffled voices continued, “Shit she is awake... She knows about the Invallin?”

The other voice continued, “Damn it... Lord Puke Eater will be displeased, we are not finished...” The voices halted and were replaced by a series of muffled gun shots. The door swings open and in a smokey haze a orange tabby cat wearing a green crystal necklace sat in the frame. To either side were two Kitani men, their slightly ape like features had a hole in the center of their heads. The bodies fell to the ground, dead. The cat yawned, “Meow... I reckon that contract was stolen from the Tomorrow Legion. They are good folks, they can get you to Luke. Best sign it and grab that flyer and get yourself to Kingsdale.” A portal swallowed up the cat, “Meow...”

Red lights flashed in the room and a computer in an alien voice which Jane could unsterstand blared, “Destruction in 10...9...”

Outside Jane found herself next to a smoking crater, along some green rolling plains between here and there. Sadly a sign not more than 200 feet away read Kingdale: That way. What was clear she was not at any kind of castle but some kind of smallish Splugorth base (now destroyed). The conversation she could have had with a dwarve must have been nothing more than a dream... Or perhaps an effort to learn more, but about what?
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
74Z3 Jane Doe

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe »

Pender Lumkiss wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:23 pm The muffled voices continued, “Shit she is awake... She knows about the Invallin?”

The other voice continued, “Damn it... Lord Puke Eater will be displeased, we are not finished...” The voices halted and were replaced by a series of muffled gun shots. The door swings open and in a smokey haze a orange tabby cat wearing a green crystal necklace sat in the frame. To either side were two Kitani men, their slightly ape like features had a hole in the center of their heads. The bodies fell to the ground, dead. The cat yawned, “Meow... I reckon that contract was stolen from the Tomorrow Legion. They are good folks, they can get you to Luke. Best sign it and grab that flyer and get yourself to Kingsdale.” A portal swallowed up the cat, “Meow...”

Red lights flashed in the room and a computer in an alien voice which Jane could unsterstand blared, “Destruction in 10...9...”

Outside Jane found herself next to a smoking crater, along some green rolling plains between here and there. Sadly a sign not more than 200 feet away read Kingdale: That way. What was clear she was not at any kind of castle but some kind of smallish Splugorth base (now destroyed). The conversation she could have had with a dwarve must have been nothing more than a dream... Or perhaps an effort to learn more, but about what?
Jane smelled the cat before she "saw it". Unfamiliar with Earth felines she was suprised by how small it was.

The Kitani males were another story. She clearly smelled that irony smell of burnt biological/organic material. Their shapes familiar to her and somewhat comforting. At least she was not on Earth entirely alone.

What actually worried her was her sisters. Jane knew they were out there, the feeling was certainly more than two but the feeling would not confirm a number. Her instincts told her to say something but the Earth feline was gone, leaving only the smell of catnip, kitty litter, and burned organic material.

She walked from wherever, here was and was well on her way to what she assumed was this Kingsdale. It was about this time that she ran into a hard solid metal object (Kingsdale sign) that somehow got lost to her senses. Still uncertain if she was heading in the right direction, she tried guessing where she was going.

This instance, she wished she could actually see, but she quickly retracted that thought and hoped her sisters were not close.

Return to “Adventure Forum”