10.1 Grandma! It's been a while.

Ndreare
Savage Siri

10.1 Grandma! It's been a while.

Post by Ndreare »

Getting through the city together is easier this time, knowing the area a little better from the trip the week before. As the Crew comes to the front entrance of the giant manufacturing facility they see the guards are already expecting them as the giant imitation repobots direct the crew where to go.

A few minor queues and a little bit of conversation finds the crew face to face with what appears to be Grandma. "Ah, I see you made it back. I cannot be here now, so I will be working as my agent here for you. Your AI's will be returned, but it will take a brief moment. We uh, did not expect you back so quickly." The strange phrasing must be translated poorly, because it makes little to no sense as spoken in Trade 4.

As you wait in the comfortable lobby two servitor androids come around bringing drinks and other goods. After about five minutes the Granny like not Granny speaks up. "So, I understand you are in possession of a ship and your crew has decided that a smaller ship would be more to your liking?"

Indicating you should walk towards the standing computers Granny says. "Please, take a look through the catalog and see if we can work something out. While I already sold your old ship to one of my most frequent clients. I have many other ships in inventory, and my technicians can reward many aspects for you.

"Of course we would have to take a good look and appraise the condition of the ship. The report I received from the crew you evicted made it sound like you had two dragons with you helping with the rampage. Strange, because she did not recall a dragon in your team went we sent you."
Hum, the lingering question is thick and obvious.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Axel Krowe

Re: 10.1 Grandma! It's been a while.

Post by Axel Krowe »

The weird shifting of person, from I to she, confuses Sa'Maku a great deal. When the offer of a new ship comes up he suddenly feels like he is in a hawkers market on Centre. No good deal will be had dealing with the likes of this woman.

"Once the AIs are returned our business is complete. While we do need a ship I am not sure we wish to buy from you at this moment."
Axel Krowe, BAMF
Death Otter

Post by Death Otter »

Death Otter snagged a catalog and made a show of paging through it as she launched herself back onto a couch and put her feet up on the table near it.

"I KNOW, right?!" she exclaimed to Grandma's passive-aggressive question about the dragons. "It's crazy times out there on the fringe. We had to pull out aaaaaaalll the stops to take the Peacekeeper over. You shoulda seen the spells flying. Summoned critters...shapeshifting mages...me, I'm just a simple gal. I just take aim and shoot! I can't keep up with all of that kind of tomfoolry. I can totally see how the crew probably thought there was an entire herd of dragons running around in there though. Gods know there was enough noise for it."

She lowered the catalog down just enough for her eyes to find the 'Grandma' speaking with them.

"As for the ship, like my buddy says, we want to keep our options open, but we're not hedging you out completely. The Peacekeeper's a hell of a ship, but you need a small army to crew it...and it's more suited for military and paramilitary work than what we'd envisioned. We're in the market for something with a crew roster of five-ish, give or take a couple, with some space for low volume passengers and decent cargo capacity. Needs to be fast, well defended, ideally with stealth options. Oh, and none of that UWW tech-wizard stuff."

"Since we've already done some business with you, we'll give you first chance to make us a deal. We'll definitely want to shop around before we make a choice, but you do us right and we'll be back." She grinned. "You may have trouble keeping us away, in fact. Good business partners are so hard to find, right Sam?"
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Sa’Maku wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:59 pm "Once the AIs are returned our business is complete. While we do need a ship I am not sure we wish to buy from you at this moment."
Grandma looks at Sa'Maku, here eyes focus hard for a moment before her face returns to the normal placid warm face one would expect from a Grandmother. "Oh, I thought our previous bargain delivered everything you requested, and cost you less than expected. Do you not like dealing with Granny?"

Death Otter wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:06 am
"As for the ship, like my buddy says, we want to keep our options open, but we're not hedging you out completely. The Peacekeeper's a hell of a ship, but you need a small army to crew it...and it's more suited for military and paramilitary work than what we'd envisioned. We're in the market for something with a crew roster of five-ish, give or take a couple, with some space for low volume passengers and decent cargo capacity. Needs to be fast, well defended, ideally with stealth options. Oh, and none of that UWW tech-wizard stuff."

"Since we've already done some business with you, we'll give you first chance to make us a deal. We'll definitely want to shop around before we make a choice, but you do us right and we'll be back." She grinned. "You may have trouble keeping us away, in fact. Good business partners are so hard to find, right Sam?"
For the briefest of moments Death Otter thinks she say the Grandma glare at her, but no, it could not have been. "Well I could send some people up to look it over and see what condition it remains in. I could not offer a bargain without first examining the ship." Indicating the large collection of baked goods and treats she finishes. "Make yourselves comfortable and enjoy some treats." Rolling her eyes as if predicting you paranoia she adds. "Oh, I am promise you I did not poison tamper or work foulness on them, they are safe."

Typing something on a data pad, that to Death Otters senses seems to be only a raw piece of metal and plastic, she looks up finally and says. "I can have an evaluation crew ready in half an hour ready to look at your ship.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Hondo
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Hondo »

Dropping down onto the plush couch next to Death Otter the Altara crosses her legs up on the adjacent table and leans closer to her new boss.

Looking at the magazine of ships Monza blindly points at something on the page Otter has open and giggles somewhat insanely, “Mmm I like that one. It says, look at me, I wanna fucking kill you, don’tcah think.”

Leaning back into the comfortable couch Monza takes a moment to sense the room.

The warrior woman might seem relaxed but in fact is on “high alert.” Ready to defend her new crew if need be.
Fiona Gladbrooke

Post by Fiona Gladbrooke »

Ndreare wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:35 pm
For the briefest of moments Death Otter thinks she say the Grandma glare at her, but no, it could not have been. "Well I could send some people up to look it over and see what condition it remains in. I could not offer a bargain without first examining the ship." Indicating the large collection of baked goods and treats she finishes. "Make yourselves comfortable and enjoy some treats." Rolling her eyes as if predicting you paranoia she adds. "Oh, I am promise you I did not poison tamper or work foulness on them, they are safe."

Typing something on a data pad, that to Death Otters senses seems to be only a raw piece of metal and plastic, she looks up finally and says. "I can have an evaluation crew ready in half an hour ready to look at your ship.
Fiona's laugh is is the perfect blend of nervous and embarrassed that evokes empathy and embarrassment for the laugher in the listener. "I'm sorry Granny, we were just being polite. We actually have a deal all but sealed with an old friend. And it's no short journey." She gives an apologetic shrug. "We'll be leaving the sector as soon as we conclude our business with you, sorry." Everything about her tone and body language conveys sincere disappointment to be letting a dear friend down.
Fiona Quick stats
[https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=209&t=4214]Fiona Gladbrooke[/url]
Pace: 6; Parry: 6/8 Toughness: 10 base, 24 (11) in full kit
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: XX/XX
Bennies: 3/3
Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Fiona Gladbrooke wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:36 pm Fiona's laugh is is the perfect blend of nervous and embarrassed that evokes empathy and embarrassment for the laugher in the listener. "I'm sorry Granny, we were just being polite. We actually have a deal all but sealed with an old friend. And it's no short journey." She gives an apologetic shrug. "We'll be leaving the sector as soon as we conclude our business with you, sorry." Everything about her tone and body language conveys sincere disappointment to be letting a dear friend down.
Granny looks over to Fiona and nods. "Certainly, well we can still return your AIs to you." Then as if as an after thought before leaving she finishes. "Oh, if for some reason you do end up needing a ride off of Peral, I also sell shuttles and smaller crafts. But I would need a contract, for something your not able to purchase outright."

Signally the creeping cyborgs that have loomed over the whole conversation she finishes. "Let them enjoy what refreshments they would like, and peruse the catalog. Then see them out safely after their property is returned to them."
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Slrrxvinslrr

Post by Slrrxvinslrr »

Slurr, for the moment, simply tries to stay out of the way and as unobtrusive as he can; given he's a Vernulian in that rather notable armor of his, it's not like he doesn't stick out anyway. The only part of the goings on he's honestly interested in is staying tuned in to the feel of the room so he can react to hostilities as needed.

Otherwise, he spends his time observing the surroundings; taking note in whatever trinkets and trophies might be on display in Grandma's house. Grandmas always have knick-knacks, don't they?

Player Name:
Discord Nickname: ElkieNoOni

Accounts
  • GM/AGM/Mod Account(s):
  • Player Account(s):
  • Slrrvinxslrr: - Vernulian Knight of the White Rose (Three Galaxies Variant, Phase World: The Remorseless)

Name: Slrrxvinslrr
Discord: ElkieNoOni#8753
Edges: Concentration, Gardner of the White Rose, Gateway Knight, Major Psionic, Martial Artist, Master Psionic, Power Points (ISP), Rapid Recharge, AB: Psionics, AB: Miracles

Golden Bennies: 1
Bennies: 3
ISP: 30 of 30
PPE: 10 of 10
Wounds: 0 of 3
Fatigue: 0 of 2

Return to “Remorseless Archive”