1.0 Character Creation

Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

1.0 Character Creation

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Feedback on character creation. Please keep in mind this is a mini-setting.

1) Was the character creation section clear?

2) Do the new edges and hindrances add flavour to the setting? Are there enough? Any suggestions?

3) Do the arcane backgrounds seem appropriate for the setting? any recommended tweaks or changes?

4) Any suggestions on how to handle starting gear?

5) How do you feel about your first "Fallen" character?

Please add anything else that comes to mind.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
John Smith

Re: 1.0 Character Creation

Post by John Smith »

Just finished character creation. Everything written was pretty clear. I asked a couple questions during creation, but they were typically confirming what was already in the document (IE when you say "All edges" do you mean ""XXXXX" also?")

It was definitely difficult creating a character without born a hero after so long playing rifts, but I really think I will enjoy the resulting gameplay.

The only feedback I have regarding the specific edges is that "Broken" has a nearly identical analogue in SWADE. Both it and "Yellow" cause -2 to fear checks, one against fallen, and the other against everything. Both are Major hinderances. I think it would be good for Broken to either include something else, or otherwise be a minor hinderance.

It think the game might benefit from a few more edges and hinderances, but then again, my character has one of them, and almost all of the other characters of a setting specific edge or hinderance, so maybe not.

Really looking forward to playing Ken, and seeing where this game goes!

Return to “Play Test Feedback”