Ven Nealson - That science guy who lost his shit (James/Tribeof1)

Ven Nealson

Ven Nealson - That science guy who lost his shit (James/Tribeof1)

Post by Ven Nealson »

Character Sheet
Player Name: James
Google Handle: tribeof1
Name: Steven "Ven" Nealson
Bennies: 2/3

Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Future SuperTech Fabricator/Mythical Father of Golden Age Stuff
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6 (Bonus point and 1 advance to Smarts)
Pace: 6 (1d6); Parry: 4; Toughness: 6; Strain: ?

Skills:
  • Athletics d4
  • Common Knowledge d4
  • Electronics d8
  • Fighting d4
  • Hacking d6
  • Notice d4
  • Persuasion d6
  • Repair d6
  • Science 1d10+2
  • Shooting d6
  • Stealth d4
Edges/Abilities
  • Calculating: If initiative card is 5 or less, ignore 2 points of penalties.
  • Jack-of-All-Trades: As an action, make a Smarts check to learn a new skill. Success nets a d4, raise gets d6. Can retry after an hour studying.
  • Scholar (Science): +2 to Science rolls

Hindrances/Complications:
  • Curious (Major): "Look, last time Toby left a cough drop wrapper in the Hadron Collider it opened some sort of mini-wormhole that lasted 0.0037 seconds. Don't you want to know what happens if we leave the cough drop in there, too?"
  • Hesitant (Minor): "Umm ... I don't know. What are you having? I feel like the Beyond Beets are probably pretty good, but vegetables made of animal protein make my pee all weird ... Maybe the tofu turducken? ... What do you think?"
  • Shamed (Minor): "Oh, you saw that. Not my finest moment. I know TMZ said I took a shit on the sofa, but all I did was piss on his desk, then Secret Service hauled me out. In my defense, I'd been up for four days after a bender in Amsterdam with this Brit I met while scoring some speed. Donnager. Fucking lunatic."
Cybernetics:
  • ????: ???

Languages:
  • American
  • Spanish
  • German
  • Mandarin
  • Techno-Can
Ven Nealson
Quick Stats
That Science Guy Who Lost His Shit
Bennies: 3/3
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10 Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (1d6); Parry: 4; Toughness: 5; Strain:
Hindrances: Curious (M), Hesitant (m), Shamed (m)
Common Knowledge d6, Notice d4, Persuasion d6
Edges and Abilities of Note: Calculating (ignore 2 pts of penalties if initiative is 5 or less), Jack-of-All-Trades, Hesitant (draws two initiative cards, takes lowest unless a Joker)
Notable Cybernetics: Datajack
Ven Nealson

Re: Ven Nelson, that science guy who lost his shit

Post by Ven Nealson »

Equipment from 'Before':
  • Platinum credstick (that used to be) linked to a trust fund with a couple of billion credits in it; spending restrictions placed on the account at the time of Ven's court-ordered stint in rehab prevent him from drawing cash, and limit daily spending to a couple of hundred creds.
  • Gold 60-day sober chip
  • Smartphone/hand terminal (that used to be) linked to a state-of-the-art home computer server with multiple redundancies and an encrypted private connection
  • Black t-shirt and jeans and 1,000-credit replica sneakers
  • The Honjo Masamune katana, with a couple thousand terabytes of "misappropriated" materials research hidden in the hilt on quantam data wafers.
  • A cybernetic datajack like the cool kids have installed these days
Equipment from 'After':
NEMA X-212 Variable Light Frequency Rifle: Range 30/60/120; Damage 3d6+2; ROF 3; AP 2; Shots 30; Weight 8; 3RB; MD burst function uses 10 shots and has Snapfire; ignores laser reistance; integrated scope offsets 2 points of range and/or darkness penalties. Two spare E-clips.

Smoke Grenade: Range 5/10/20; Obscures sight and reduces the damage of laser weaponry. Creates −6 obscurement penalty for 1d4+2 rounds, before dispersing; ROF: 1; 0.25 lbs.

Vibro-Hatchet: Damage Str+d8; Weight 9; AP 4, Mega Damage.

US Navy War Bag
  • Gas Mask, a face mask that simply filters out harmful gases. Weight: 1 lb.
  • Water Purification Filter, these can-sized containers clean even the most toxic water of sediment and impurities (which are drained out the bottom). It produces 12 ounces of clean drinking water in about one minute. Weight: 1 lb.
  • IRMSS—Internal Robot Medical Surgeon System: For those times when there’s no medic or doctor around, this system can be a lifesaver. It contains countless nano-robotic devices, programmed to seek out damage in a biological system and repair it. The device— the size of a handheld shopping scanner— is placed over the trauma area, or over the part of the body where internal injuries are suspected. Activating it injects a horde of nanorobots into the bloodstream, which collectively provide an immediate Healing check at d8+2. Once in the system, the nanorobots provide a +2 to any following Healing checks for one day, after which they are flushed from the body. Fully charged, the IRMSS is good for four uses, after which it’s completely useless and must be replaced. Weight: 2 lb.
  • One flashlight, with a concealed pocket knife. Miniaturized solar panels give it near-infinite operation under typical conditions.
  • One short-range radio, five-mile range.
  • One hunter/fisher kit, containing wires, line, hooks, and other elements necessary for fishing and small game trapping. This provides +1 to Survival checks where food gathering is concerned.
  • Three saw wires, composed of serrated, high tensile strength wire and two ring handles. Capable of slicing through wood, stone, and even non-Mega metals.
  • One fire starter, a combination solar powered ignition cell and flint sparker (with six extra flints).
  • Four signal flares.
  • One climbing kit with 30 feet of lightweight cord, a pair of climbing gloves, four ceramic spikes, and a small mallet.
  • One bar of soap and a sterilized cloth.
  • One canteen.
  • Two weeks worth of minimal sustenance survival rations in sealed pouches.
Ven Nealson
Quick Stats
Edges and Abilities of Note: Calculating (ignore 2 pts of penalties if initiative is 5 or less), Jack-of-All-Trades, Hesitant (draws two initiative cards, takes lowest unless a Joker)
Ven Nealson

Re: Ven Nelson, that science guy who lost his shit

Post by Ven Nealson »

Background:

"My name is Ven, and I'm an alcoholic. And an addict. Not, despite what you may have heard, a felon. My lawyers were able to take care of that, believe it or not. But, uh, you know. Working the steps, trying to make amends. One day at a time. I've been doing a lot of walking, you know, trying to stay busy, fresh air, natural high. Actually, you know, speaking of air, I had this idea yesterday for a these, like, carbon nano-fiber implants, or maybe more like a micro-lattice graft, that you just sort of snort on heavy smog days. I was working up a model and I think you could scrub like 93, 94-percent of the particulates. Maybe that's overly optimistic, but the science is there. Maybe not the supply, but you could source the cerium you'd need from those last-gen cochlear implants. Everybody got those installed when the new Dire Demise album dropped, but they don't even work with the USB 12.0, let alone the 13.6 update."

WIP
Ven Nealson
Quick Stats
Ven Nealson

Re: Ven Nealson - That science guy who lost his shit (James/Tribeof1)

Post by Ven Nealson »

Took Calculating for my Survivor's Edge.
Ven Nealson
Quick Stats

Return to “Player Characters”