Griffon Squadron Mustered

GM: stormwell
Griffin Squadron is a special unit of pilot commandos who are sent on black op missions in order to defend the Commonwealth and its interests.
Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Griffon Squadron Mustered

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Aleister Crowley sat in the meeting with several commanders from the Commonwealth's Armed Services. Recently demoted from Sergeant to Private, Crowley sat straight and tall unphased by the recent turn of events. The demotion followed the wake of the third exploration/mission he had been sent on, where he was the only one that returned.

The Command Staff was at their table discussing in hushed tones, when Crowley stood and addressed the assembled brass.

"Sirs, scuttlebutt has it that you are forming new squadron."

Opening the folder he had brought with him, he lifted the first sheet. "The Griffon Squadron if my sources are correct."

"The Griffon Squadron is supposed to be a <pause>," again he reads from his carefully written notes, "an elite commando quadron, designed to face the rigourous challenges of solo operations and special infilitration and acquisitions."

As Crowley finished the last sentence the Command Staff all looked up at the Private. "Mr. Crowley, we are not certain how you acquired this information but your sources are correct. What is you interest in the matter?"

Crowley makes a mental note to thank [insert character name here].

"I believe that Command and the Commonwealth deam the three failed missions a priority to complete. Though under different names, the missions were all pretty much the same. And my briefings after my return, point to the flaws in the missions and those sent to accomplish them."

"Those missions failed because the assigned units went in with guns blazing and faced overwhelming odds."

"Cladestine. Covert. Camouflaged. Our forces going in need to blend and should be self sufficient while in the field."

The Commanders all looked at Crowley but he held his hands up.

"I have been in the Armed Services now for nearly ten years. I have worked with some real quality people and then been fed to the Wulvers by many more."

At the desk where he stands he lays out a series of one sheet dosiers. "A Commando team needs to be a number of things. Excellent Pilots. Crack Shots. Physically Tough. Stealthy. Mechanically Inclined. And most important of all ... Flexible and Adaptable."

"And they need the leadership of one who has been in the field."

The Brass looked at Crowley very intently, one officer from the Royal Air Marines spoke first, "Mr. Crowley are you suggesting that we give you own command."

"Colonel Fauxwhite, Glad you thought of that. I most certainly am volunteering for assignment as the units leader. Reinstating my rank would go along way to soldifiying my position among my crew."
Crusor_Peter45

Re: Griffon Squadron Mustered

Post by Crusor_Peter45 »

36 hours after Aleister Crowley’s appointment to the commander of griffin squadron.

The brass board sat at a long table going over various notes and discussing the previous prospective member of Griffin squadron, after they had finished voicing their thoughts they finally sent one of their assistants to fetch the next one. After a few short moments Private Peter Crusor silently walked into the room. His dress uniform was neat and pressed, his awards were perfectly aligned and well maintained, and his posture and arms straight and exact as he quickly transitioned into a crisp and smart salut towards the ranking member of the brass. However despite most of his uniform being prefect and near spotless, he was still standing there motionlessly in black leather combat boots. They were shined to perfection but they weren’t the shoes he was suppose to be wearing in dress. Peter didn’t have those shoes any more. They were too loud and hard to walk in. Eventually they broke to little displeasure to him, and he couldn’t afford to purchase any new ones. Thus he instead wore his combat boots which were much more comfortable and in his opinion looked far better with the uniform. He knew it could hurt his chances to be selected for what ever he was here for. However what ever it was, not knowing about it certainly made him care less about the prospect of missing out on it. Crusor then noticed one of the brass discussing something to another one about the file they had on him. He watched them talk for a moment still holding his salut painfully still as it slowly dawn on him that they had not heard him come into the room.
“This one is a former pilot. I wonder why he switched.” One of them said to which Crusor finally spoke up and responded to
“Sir, would you like me to answer that?” He said as politely as he could only for the brass to continue talking about him like he was somehow transparent and completely mute. It was almost like he didn’t exist at all except for in this files. Then he heard the brass say something about how useless a pilot who didn’t fly was, and he felt his fist clench before he finally bellowed out a “Sir!” To the table of brass. However instead of his voice actually bellowing in a firm deep tone it decided to switch mid way and crack into a much higher pitched R at the end. And it was that very squeaky R to which the brass finally heard and acknowledged.

WIP
Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Crowley reached a hand over to the @New_to_php_132 Private Peter Crusor, "Patience, my friend. Patience."

Clearing his throat, "Excuse me Sirs. Private Crusor would like to explain himself. And yes he is on the top of my considerations list for Griffon Squadron."

The Brass looked at Crowley, "I will answer those questions, after you have heard what Private Crusor has to say on his own behalf."

The Brass collectively clammed up before they said anything and gave a nod, Peter's direction as to say "Go ahead."
Sarge's Roles _

GM of a Vauxhall Knights Campaign

Player Characters - Savage Rifts Groups
  • Architect, Chaing-Ku - Vampire Hunters
  • Silverclaws, Wolfen MARS Techno-Warrior - 18th COT
  • Xero X Kalvin, Psi-Stalker Chiller (Burster Variant) - 12th AAT
  • Doc Olliday, D'Norr Cyber Doc/Weird Scientist - 24th COT
  • Luke, In'Valian MARS Rogue Scholar/Super Scientist - 77th CIT
  • Asher Black, Human Information Broker - Level 4: Shattered Dreams
  • Ozzati, Trimadore Techno-Wizard - 7th SET
  • White Castle, Human MARS Rogue Scholar/Legacy Scout - The 32nd
Player Characters - Savage Dimensions
[*]
Crusor_Peter45

Post by Crusor_Peter45 »

Peter stood there as he tried to speak but hesitated. The initial squeak of his voice inclined him to stop and think fully before he spoke again. He stood their silently for a few moments before he finally tightened his posture and spoke back up again.
“Sir” he said making sure not to make it sound like a question again “can I know the nature of this selection board?”
“No” the brass said frankly and without hesitation
“Than why should I care to be selected. If you want guards for something top secret. I’d suggest getting someone who actually wants off the battle field” he said with just as little hesitation as the brass “if you need a fighter. Than I think my history would speak better on my behave. I certainly was of more use there than I was as a cargo pilot.” However Peter knew despite how intimidating he tried to be, he must have still seemed like nothing but a young child the them. They were likely to still just dismiss him as such.
Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Crowley briefly looked down at his notes and the one page bios RAMs. They don't come better than this.

"Sirs. Private Crusor needs a unit he can invest himself in. That is when he does his very best."

"Griffon Squadron could not only use his talents and skills but could also provide him that home. That home where he feels welcome and apart."
Sarge's Roles _

GM of a Vauxhall Knights Campaign

Player Characters - Savage Rifts Groups
  • Architect, Chaing-Ku - Vampire Hunters
  • Silverclaws, Wolfen MARS Techno-Warrior - 18th COT
  • Xero X Kalvin, Psi-Stalker Chiller (Burster Variant) - 12th AAT
  • Doc Olliday, D'Norr Cyber Doc/Weird Scientist - 24th COT
  • Luke, In'Valian MARS Rogue Scholar/Super Scientist - 77th CIT
  • Asher Black, Human Information Broker - Level 4: Shattered Dreams
  • Ozzati, Trimadore Techno-Wizard - 7th SET
  • White Castle, Human MARS Rogue Scholar/Legacy Scout - The 32nd
Player Characters - Savage Dimensions
[*]
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by stormwell »

Just then, another man entered the room wearing the blue-gray uniform of an Aero-Fleet officer. The sharp-eyed noticed that the insignia on cuffs of his sleeve identified his rank as being Squadron Leader. The commanders sat at the table looked up with mild annoyance and frowned as the new arrival made his way over to take a seat by the table.

"Gentlemen, forgive my tardiness." Said the officer as he sat down. "A matter came up that required my attention, though please...continue."
Crusor_Peter45

Post by Crusor_Peter45 »

Crusor stood their still at attention as he watched them silently. He glanced at Crowley briefly with his peripherals before he looked back at the squadron commander. He had already felt as though he had finished his point but still felt compelled to continue. He began to rack his brain for ideas of what else they wanted to hear, but came up short as he stood in silence
Walter Humperdink

Post by Walter Humperdink »

A fresh faced pilot straight out of the academy comes in. He quickly sits down in the back with his nose in a book titled, 101 Things to Know About Mustered. He has a nice coat on and a watch that is normally given to heroes of the commonwealth.
Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Crowley nods to the Squadron Leader @stormwell and notes that he has taken the middle chair at the review board table. He passes a folder over to the Squadron Leader, "Bios on all the names you requested, Sir, with the exception of my flight. As agreed."

Crowley nods to the doorway and invites "his flight" members into the room. Guess all they needed was the the right leader.

From his position on the right side of the table, furthest from the door, Crowley whispers to @New_to_php_132 Crusor, "Go ahead and have a seat Private." He motions to a series of seats behind the review board table.

"Sirs, you will note the ever studious @Walter Humperdink." Crowley points to Humperdink sitting behind the review board table. "Recent Academy Grad. A Rules and Regs kind of guy."

"Walter, please address the panel here and what you feel your role will be in the newest flight of Griffon Squadron."
Crusor_Peter45

Post by Crusor_Peter45 »

Peter was still confused and irritated to why he couldn’t know the nature of what was going on but quickly nodded before turning to follow Crowley’s suggestion.

Return to “Frozen Skies: Griffin Squadron”