7.0 Peral 5, Meeting Grandma

Ndreare
Savage Siri

7.0 Peral 5, Meeting Grandma

Post by Ndreare »

Arriving at Peral The Remorseless drops out of FTL into a backworlds system. With two asteroid fields, 6 planets and 17 planetoids the system seems like the kind of place that would have corporations everywhere. But as sensors start receiving the basic information for the system, and the readouts begin to populate there seems to be o such corporations. Instead there are an array of hundreds of what looks like micro settlements. Each with only a few thousand people. Peral 4 and Peral 5 both seem to be lightly populated planets with the majority of the systems population. But even there, it is restricted to less than a hundred million people.

Which brings to mind the strange part. Filling the system, orbiting the settlements and flying around are hundreds of military level ships. The read out specifically saying 373 ships of various size. Everything from small frigates and corsairs to large battle cruisers. However unlike other core systems with heavy military presence these are definitely not an organized force. There is no hail from a system representative, no uniformity of pattern or style from the ships. No, this is a system of rogues and ruffians.

Flying towards Peral 5 the Remorseless first contact comes as they approach within only a million kilometers of the system. “To the ship transponding as ‘Remorseless’ if you are looking for solid gear and excellent opportunities, low prices, and even warranties, come to Peral 4 and visit the Omen’s Acquisitions.” This would not be so bad, if it where not for the follow up as suddenly the ship begins being bombarded by thousands of other adds. The unregulated traffic of the system begins overriding the comms enough that Death Otter’s spam filters cannot keep up.

As the ship comes to Peral 5 they see that the largest city on the planet is located on an isthmus near the center of the frozen planet in an area the temperatures raise to nearly 251 kelvin. The force dome protecting the city keeping it warm enough for most races, but still cold enough to freeze the bones of more sensitive races.

Getting out of the ship and setting the security system you realize trusting the AI alone to protect your ship in a place like this would not be wise. But it is time to ask questions and find Grandma.

Instructions, complicated again so please read all
Kharis has FTL sickness for this so subtract 1 from rolls, but gain a Benny for hindrance.

Cold, even inside the dome it is about 280 kelvin (about 45F for Americans) if your race has vulnerability to cold you may take a fatigue level and a benny from the cold. (Players choice)

This will be a narrative little bit for you all.
Next, you must decide you can either Defend the Ship or Network, but not both.

Networking: Tim to find Grandma, this is a city with only about 8 million people in it, most are frost giants, wolfen, and the bear like Milghor. This will be handled by using either Persuasion or Intimidation. However this is a rough and tumble place, Persuasion rolls to gain information are nearly useless and made at -6, Intimidation rolls will be at -2 unless you are Size 2 or larger. On the bright side Athletics -2, or Fighting -2 can be used as a stand in for Intimidation!

Results for Intimidation -2, Athletics -2, Fighting -2
Critical failure = You picked a fight with the wrong guy. Take 1d3 wounds
Failure = Sometimes it hurts to learn. Take 1 wound
Success = Gain 1 Tokens
Raise = Gain 2 Tokens

Results for Persuasion -6
Critical failure = They really do not like you. You reminded them of that kiss up that cannot get his head from the Captains ass. Take 1 wound and 1 fatigue.
Failure = Sometimes it hurts to learn. Take 1 wound or 1 fatigue.
Success = Gain 1 Tokens
Raise = Gain 2 Tokens

You will be able need 5 successes as you navigate town looking for Grandma.

Protect The Ship: See as it happens people like to poke around for opportunities to get free crap. And a ship without a reputation is a prime target. Make any combat skill roll for how you defend the ship. You need 3 tokens to protect fully, each failure will find a system simply stolen or missing from the ship.

Results for combat Skill
Critical failure = This really hurts, like really, really hurts. Take 4 wounds.
Failure = Defending the ship was tough, but you were tougher. Take 1d3 wound. Gain a Token
Success = These fools did not correctly estimate your ability to defend your property. Take 1 wound. Gain a Token
Raise = Pathetic, those guys should have brought at least 3 o one odds. Gain 2 Tokens
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Axel Krowe

Re: 7.0 Peral 5, Meeting Grandma

Post by Axel Krowe »

Fighting 6, raise, +2 tokens
Fighting [dice:3skz6zb8]59172:0[/dice:3skz6zb8]
Wild [dice:3skz6zb8]59172:1[/dice:3skz6zb8]

Benny
[dice:3skz6zb8]59172:2[/dice:3skz6zb8]
[dice:3skz6zb8]59172:3[/dice:3skz6zb8]
"I love this place!" Sa'Maku exclaims to no one in particular as he pounds two heads together sending a couple of cut throats into a deep unconsciousness. The remains of his assailants decide cowardice is better than valour and turn to run. Of course, to a predator running prey is the best kind of prey. Moving quickly on his powerfully built legs Sa'Maku gets close and then takes a giant flying leap tackling the pirates to the ground and nearly crushing them under his bulk. Picking up the two dizzy mercenaries he grins and begins to drag them back to the Remoreless.

"Oh wait'll you see the Captain's pet. You'll give up grandma between crying for your mama."
Axel Krowe, BAMF
Skanni

Post by Skanni »

Fighting 4, 1 Success, 1 Wound and 1 Benny Spent
Fighting [dice:m65vdh71]59178:0[/dice:m65vdh71]
Wild [dice:m65vdh71]59178:1[/dice:m65vdh71]

Using that Fatigue Benny
[dice:m65vdh71]59178:2[/dice:m65vdh71]
Wild [dice:m65vdh71]59178:3[/dice:m65vdh71]

Ignore all the +1s. Those rolls were at -1.

Kharis and his headache stay behind to guard the ship. As fascinating as it sounds, traipsing around a planet full of ice giants (and wouldn't that make Kharis feel right at home?), where there's violence likely, that's where Kharis ought to be.

It doesn't come in any kind of flashy way, but rather skulking along. A trio of black-clad figures approach the Remorseless toting a variety of armaments. To their credit, they move quietly and try to stick to the shadows, but there isn't much to be done about the constant lights around a spaceport.

Kharis greets them with enchanted silver, cutting through the first two like so much chaff. The third gets a lucky shot off with a blaster, eliciting a "whoof!" from Kharis as the breath is knocked from his lungs, before the big elf regains his composure and removes the man's hand at the wrist.

As the cretin bleeds out, Kharis summons fire along his blade (people are always surprised he can do that) and cauterizes the wound, causing the assailant to black out temporarily. When the man wakes up, he finds himself stripped of his gear and weapons with Kharis casually sitting nearby.

"Aha! Good!" Kharis says cheerily, "you didn't die! It took a little bit of magic to keep you with us, I must say, but perhaps it will have been worth it. I want you to know, I don't care who you are. I don't care what idiot sent you tonight."

Kharis stands and draws Silverspike before continuing, "here is what I care about. You came here, thinking my ship and my crew to be easy prey. You now know you were mistaken. You will go and tell whatever scuttling friends you have that the Remorseless crew includes one of the Helka Ohtar, and that you were blessed to leave with only the loss of a single limb. And if I see you again, I will kill you on sight for the simple failure to have learned your lesson."

Once the man finishes sputtering, Kharis sets him loose and watches him run off, fighting down a grimace at his sore ribs.
Hindrance: Serve Va'ronar by Increasing His Reputation
Kharis always has his reputation in mind. [/b]
Skanni, Half-Elf Psionicist
Parry: 5; Toughness: 8 (2); Notes: Outsider, Heroic, PTSD, Brave
Character Sheet
Resource Tracker
Fiona Gladbrooke

Post by Fiona Gladbrooke »

Networking task,
Modifiers: scene -6, attractive +2, Streetwise +2. Net -2
Persuasion [dice:27pe5d93]59192:0[/dice:27pe5d93]
Wild [dice:27pe5d93]59192:1[/dice:27pe5d93]
Free reroll from charismatic
Persuasion [dice:27pe5d93]59192:2[/dice:27pe5d93]
Wild [dice:27pe5d93]59192:3[/dice:27pe5d93] Ace [dice:27pe5d93]59192:4[/dice:27pe5d93]
Fiona heads out with Sa'Maku and while no beast of a combatant does acquit herself decently when forced to. But she spends most of her effort on the usual prey of the pirates as her immense reptilian ally bashes heads. Street people and shop keepers of smaller establishments, sentients-of-the-night and cab drivers. After some time on the town the hints, rumors, and thoughts gleaned with mind probes begin to show her a picture.

Sa'M tackles two pirates and begins to drag them back to the ship. "Yes poor Thissok does get so bored on the ship. He'll love food he can actually play with." She adds with an enthusiasm that is somehow both innocent and threatening.
Fiona Quick stats
[https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=209&t=4214]Fiona Gladbrooke[/url]
Pace: 6; Parry: 6/8 Toughness: 10 base, 24 (11) in full kit
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: XX/XX
Bennies: 3/3
Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand
Death Otter

Post by Death Otter »

"Hey," Death Otter said to the bartender-bot of a perfectly sleazy bar in what looked like the worst neighborhood. It was so bad that the bot was programmed to ignore people for the first two times they tried to get its attention. You couldn't put a price on that attention to detail.

"Hey!"

The bot swiveled its dented gunmetal grey casing towards her. "You want a drink?" it burbled.

"I want to meet Grannie," was her response. "Who do I talk to about that?"

She knew the robot couldn't answer that. She also knew the question would be overheard.

"You want a drink?" it repeated.

Then from behind, "I can tell ya how to meet Grandma." A subtle emphasis on the last syllable. Cool. If he was pissed off, he was probably a loyalist. Exactly who she needed.

Death Otter turned around...and looked up. And up. Big chunky alien guy. She grinned. It grinned back...though in his case, it was probably a threat display of all those fangs. "Go on."

"First, I punch you until you stop moving," he replied in that gruff, gravelly voice. "Then I punch you until you're not even you anymore. You're more like...hey bartender, what's that drink called? The one with fruit and ice?"

The bartender clicked then ventured, "A smoothie?"

"Yeah. A smoothie. I make you into one of those, and take it to Grandma to have with her breakfast tomorrow. And that's how you meet her."

Still grinning, Death Otter looked past the slab of meat threatening her and spotted another, smaller and more refined looking slab of meat watching from a table over in the back with a smug expression. Ah, there's my guy.

To the meat slab she said, "Cool, you go with that. Have a good one," and slipped past him with a quick duck and dart. She made a beeline for Smug Alert's table. Meat Slab whirled around and grabbed her backpack...and that's when the second thing she did came into focus.

One of the bouncer-bots had activated and plunked across the bar, and it now reached out from behind Meat Slab and put its hydraulically strong hands on either side of Meat Slab's head. And began to compress. Meat Slab immediately released Death Otter and tried to pry those arms apart, but it was predictably like trying to bend steel.

Death Otter took a seat at Smug Alert's table, grabbed his drink and took a swallow from it...then immediately made a face. "Jeez, you put that swill in your mouth? Didn't your Grandma teach you anything?!" She met his eyes across the table then and added, "I'd like to have a word with her."

Smug's eyes narrowed, but he made no attempt to retrieve his drink. "I've got five more guys just like him," he growled, "You're obviously in the wrong bar. Why don't you run back to..."

"Yeah, BZZZT no," Otter cut him off. More metallic stomping ensued as the other three bouncer-bots made their way to Smug's table and took positions around it. "I'm not really interested in pleasantries. You CALL your five guys over, or whatever you ACTUALLY have on your side in here. We'll dust up right now. Or you can tell me what I want to know, and not only will YOU walk out of here, but you won't have to drag your friend's HEADLESS CORPSE out with you. It's BARGAIN NIGHT up in here! Two for one, you can't GET better value than that!"

The Meat Slab struggled in vain, then emitted a muffled yelp as the bouncer bot increase the pressure on his head.

As one, the other bouncer-bots slammed their fists into their palms. It sounded like pans being hit together.

Looking a lot less smug, Smug fished a bit of actual paper out of his pocket, and a pen, and wrote a note. He folded it in half and pushed it over the table to Death Otter. She took a look at it to make sure it wasn't some smart-ass thing, then tucked it in her own pocket. "You know if you try to do this," Smug said, "you're dead. There's worse than me between you and her."

"There'd better be," Otter shot back as she got up. "This isn't even my final form."

Leaving him puzzling over that, she turned and left the bar. A few seconds later the bouncer bots returned to their normal sentry positions, leaving Meat Slab gasping and holding his head.

Rolls: Networking (Intimidate) 4, 1 success
Intimidate [dice:1ztijwf4]59480:0[/dice:1ztijwf4] or [dice:1ztijwf4]59480:1[/dice:1ztijwf4]
Ace [dice:1ztijwf4]59480:2[/dice:1ztijwf4]
Last edited by Death Otter on Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ramson Gourdaine

Post by Ramson Gourdaine »

Networking 5, Athletics 5, 1 Token for each task
Ramson Intimidate [dice:3iyrduph]59486:0[/dice:3iyrduph]
Wild Intimidate [dice:3iyrduph]59486:1[/dice:3iyrduph]
One token for Networking

Thissok Athletics [dice:3iyrduph]59486:2[/dice:3iyrduph]
Wild Grapple [dice:3iyrduph]59486:3[/dice:3iyrduph]
One wound, one token for defense
The bar was raucous, perfect for ensuring a private conversation. Ramson let his teeth show as he leaned across the table to speak to the pair of barflies nervously shifting in their seats. "I understand, gentlemen. Grandma values her privacy, so it could be bad for your relationship with her if she knew you told me how to contact her. But there's a big you fail to understand. You see, I am highly motivated. I will locate her and talk business with her, and she will almost certainly like what I have to say, and she might even be grateful for those who helped out. In any case she won't care how I found her--but she will be annoyed if she finds out that business could have happened sooner, if only you'd been more forthcoming. Likewise, if she doesn't, well, I certainly will have no reason to mention the names of anyone who helped me reach her. But I might very well opt to let her believe that people who have irritated me today were the ones who got me to her door."

The two bulbous headed aliens conferred briefly, then decided that Ramson's math was sound, and slipped him the location of a Dropbox. He paid their tab and slipped out, chuckling. Sometimes you don't need to be the biggest shark in the pool. Sometimes, you just have to let the minnows know you can bring the big shark to their door....

Bathpikt laughed quietly he contemplated the fresh meat. An unknown ship, ready for stripping, didn't come by often, but who was he to look a gift karlithunk in the consumption orifice?

He set down his toolkit, the heavy equipment clunking loudly. Once he'd removed a good load from this ship of fools, he'd call his transporter to haul it all off. He pulled out a blowtorch and stepped towards the panel that likely concealed the sensor array, ready to cut it open....

The next thing he knew, the world was above his head, arms pinned at his sides by powerful, sinuous coils. A toothy maw grinned at him and hissed "not for touching". In a panic, Bathpikt triggered his back spines, causing the strange, rainbow-scaled creature holding him to loosen its grip--which would have been fine if it hadn't been holding him twenty feet aloft, upside down. His thick skull, part of his high-G heritage, saved Bathpikt's life, but the impact was still enough to send his head spinning. Looking up, he saw a brilliant, iridescent serpent with feathered wings circling overhead. Uttering a curse under his breath, Bathpikt grabbed his bag and scrambled off.

Behind him, Thissok the Coatl landed back on top of the Remorseless, chuffing a bit as she licked the wound the spiny ridge had managed to cut into her scales.
Ramson Gourdaine
Stat Block
Simvan Rogue Scholar, Seasoned
Agility d6, Smarts d8-1, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0/-4; Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (10); Strain: 0
Riding d6; Psionics d10; Investigation d8+2; Streetwise d8+2; Fighting d6; Notice d8
Shooting d4; Intimidate d8+2; Taunt d8+2; Piloting d6; Persuasion d4
Knowledges: Astrogation d8; Battle d8+2; Politics d8; Science d8+2
Hindrances: Monologuer, Stubborn, Loyal, Bloodthirsty
Edges: Beast Master/Sidekick; Major/Master Psionics;
Investigator; Strong-Willed; Scholar (Battle/Science);
Command; Tactician; Team Leader; Connections (UWW & TGE)
Powers: beast friend; boost/lower Trait; telepathy; puppet; environmental adaptation; darksight; farsight
"Scythe" (TW Hoverboard): Acc/TS: 5/20, Piloting +2, +5 PPE
ISP: 39/40
Bennies: 4/3
Golden Benny: 1/1

Rinoa Crescent

Post by Rinoa Crescent »

notes
Ndreare wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:00 am Arriving at Peral The Remorseless drops out of FTL into a backworlds system. With two asteroid fields, 6 planets and 17 planetoids the system seems like the kind of place that would have corporations everywhere. But as sensors start receiving the basic information for the system, and the readouts begin to populate there seems to be o such corporations. Instead there are an array of hundreds of what looks like micro settlements. Each with only a few thousand people. Peral 4 and Peral 5 both seem to be lightly populated planets with the majority of the systems population. But even there, it is restricted to less than a hundred million people.

Which brings to mind the strange part. Filling the system, orbiting the settlements and flying around are hundreds of military level ships. The read out specifically saying 373 ships of various size. Everything from small frigates and corsairs to large battle cruisers. However unlike other core systems with heavy military presence these are definitely not an organized force. There is no hail from a system representative, no uniformity of pattern or style from the ships. No, this is a system of rogues and ruffians.

Flying towards Peral 5 the Remorseless first contact comes as they approach within only a million kilometers of the system. “To the ship transponding as ‘Remorseless’ if you are looking for solid gear and excellent opportunities, low prices, and even warranties, come to Peral 4 and visit the Omen’s Acquisitions.” This would not be so bad, if it where not for the follow up as suddenly the ship begins being bombarded by thousands of other adds. The unregulated traffic of the system begins overriding the comms enough that Death Otter’s spam filters cannot keep up.

As the ship comes to Peral 5 they see that the largest city on the planet is located on an isthmus near the center of the frozen planet in an area the temperatures raise to nearly 251 kelvin. The force dome protecting the city keeping it warm enough for most races, but still cold enough to freeze the bones of more sensitive races.

Getting out of the ship and setting the security system you realize trusting the AI alone to protect your ship in a place like this would not be wise. But it is time to ask questions and find Grandma.

Instructions, complicated again so please read all
Kharis has FTL sickness for this so subtract 1 from rolls, but gain a Benny for hindrance.

Cold, even inside the dome it is about 280 kelvin (about 45F for Americans) if your race has vulnerability to cold you may take a fatigue level and a benny from the cold. (Players choice)

This will be a narrative little bit for you all.
Next, you must decide you can either Defend the Ship or Network, but not both.

Networking: Tim to find Grandma, this is a city with only about 8 million people in it, most are frost giants, wolfen, and the bear like Milghor. This will be handled by using either Persuasion or Intimidation. However this is a rough and tumble place, Persuasion rolls to gain information are nearly useless and made at -6, Intimidation rolls will be at -2 unless you are Size 2 or larger. On the bright side Athletics -2, or Fighting -2 can be used as a stand in for Intimidation!

Results for Intimidation -2, Athletics -2, Fighting -2
Critical failure = You picked a fight with the wrong guy. Take 1d3 wounds
Failure = Sometimes it hurts to learn. Take 1 wound
Success = Gain 1 Tokens
Raise = Gain 2 Tokens

Results for Persuasion -6
Critical failure = They really do not like you. You reminded them of that kiss up that cannot get his head from the Captains ass. Take 1 wound and 1 fatigue.
Failure = Sometimes it hurts to learn. Take 1 wound or 1 fatigue.
Success = Gain 1 Tokens
Raise = Gain 2 Tokens

You will be able need 5 successes as you navigate town looking for Grandma.

Protect The Ship: See as it happens people like to poke around for opportunities to get free crap. And a ship without a reputation is a prime target. Make any combat skill roll for how you defend the ship. You need 3 tokens to protect fully, each failure will find a system simply stolen or missing from the ship.

Results for combat Skill
Critical failure = This really hurts, like really, really hurts. Take 4 wounds.
Failure = Defending the ship was tough, but you were tougher. Take 1d3 wound. Gain a Token
Success = These fools did not correctly estimate your ability to defend your property. Take 1 wound. Gain a Token
Raise = Pathetic, those guys should have brought at least 3 o one odds. Gain 2 Tokens
Greater Boost Shooting 5, +one die type and free reroll per round for 5 rounds
ISP cost: 6 (base 2 + mod 2, double limitation -2 (range and aspect), 4 for +2 to trait test)

Psionics [dice:1uhdfvns]59534:0[/dice:1uhdfvns]
Wild [dice:1uhdfvns]59534:1[/dice:1uhdfvns]
Protect the ship, Shooting 12, +2 tokens
Profession and Expert make trait 1d12+2
Boost trait increase to 1d12+3
Shooting [dice:1uhdfvns]59534:2[/dice:1uhdfvns]
Wild [dice:1uhdfvns]59534:3[/dice:1uhdfvns]
Marksman +1
Sharpshooting +1
Wilk's Classic is +1 to Shooting
Rinoa stays back on the ship with Kharis. Sporting her Wilk’s 320 “Classic” Laser Pistol, she covers the other side of the ship. While Kharis was dealing with the gang on the one side of the ship, another group approached from this side. Spotting them during their approach, Rinoa uses her psionics to give herself a greater boost, her eyes gaining a slight aqua colored glow to them as her power is active.

She greets the intruders with a shot singes the lead man's hair, but that was her intent as a warning shot. The two men proceed to rush her, shooting, "Get her!"

Replying back, "I gave you a chance." as she fires another shot, this time right between the eyes as he falls over dead.

The other man looks over at his fallen comrade but this just further enrages him, "I'll get you!" he shouts.

The man wields a knife and stabs at her but she dodges with ease due to her high fighting skills. Eventually she takes the guy out.
Status Tracker
Rinoa Cresent

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP: 20 / 10
Bennies: 2 / 3
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: d6 ; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 9 (4)

Skill of Note: Shooting d12+2 (Wild Die d10)
  • Ace: Add +2 to Pilot, Drive and Boating Skills
  • Combat Ace: May use 1 extra weapon system before MAP penalties.
  • AB: Psionic (with Master and Major Psionic)
  • Elan: +2 when using a benny
    • Boost/Lower Trait (PPE: 2)
    • Clairvoyance
    • Telepathy
    • Professional, Expert, Master in Shooting.
Angelo (Kittani Transformable Robot Fighter)
Robot Armor Notes
  • (*): Numbers in () are while telemechanics is active, these are replacement, not additive.
  • (**): 6 AP from ballistic weapons except rail guns are negated.
Attributes: Strength d12+3
Pace: 20(2d6 MAP) ; Parry: 9(10*) ; Toughness: 21 (8**)
Melee Skill: Fighting d12
Soak Skill: Piloting d12+2(4*)
Weapon System skill: Shooting d12+2 (Wild Die d10)
Other Bonuses
  • Sensors: +2 on Notice Checks
    Targeting System: offset -2 shooting penalties
  • Always considered armed
  • Cannot use Combat Edges in Robot Armor
Weapon Systems
  • 2 x Pulse Cannons (Fixed Vehicle Medium Ion Weapon)
    • Range: 40/80/160
    • Damage: 4d8
    • ROF: 1
    • AP: 4
    • Shots: Unlimited
    • Note: MBT
  • 2 x Mini-Missile Launchers
    • Range: 100/200/400
    • Damage: 5d6
    • AP: 6
    • Shots: 12
  • Dual Linked Light Laser Turret (head mounted)
    • Range: 150/300/600
    • Damage: 2d10+2
    • AP: 5
    • Shots: unlimited
    • Notes: +1 to Hit due to Linked
  • Forearm Energy Blade (2)
    • Range: Melee
    • Damage: STR + d12+1
    • Notes: Mega Damage, Built into each forearm.
Edit Signature
Brokner Jacobi

Post by Brokner Jacobi »

Brokner

Defending the ship
Techno wizardry [dice:3sticfdb]59538:0[/dice:3sticfdb]
Shooting [dice:3sticfdb]59538:1[/dice:3sticfdb]

Wild roll [dice:3sticfdb]59538:2[/dice:3sticfdb]

Brokner and Rustbucket are in their workshop. Actually a junk filled corner of the engine room, when they hear sounds of combat. ”Rust Bucket!! Drop what yer doin’ and lets go see what the frak is going on.” Brkner grabs his gear and heads out the door as he hears a series of beeps and whoops. Brokner stops and leans back in the doorway ”What do ye mean it is a meat sack problem? Move your rusty ass and lets go help our crew.” He heads towards the fighting.

As he gets closer, Brokner pulls out his droid launcher. With a grunt, he powers it up and fires. As the metal balls fly thru the air, Brokner puts it away asnd pulls out his revolver yells ”PREPARE TO REPEL BOARDERS!!”

Rust bucket stays at Brokners side as the y wait to see if anyone gets thru thier teammates. Brokner hits the comms ”Rust Bucket and i have the inner door covered. We will make sure noone and nothing gets in.”
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

As the team hits the streets things move along at a good pace, it seems that while this is a land of violent and hostile people, it is not one that the crew does not know how to handle. Turns out when you are as tough as @Sa’Maku, and escorted by the likes of @Fiona Gladbrooke even giants are more interested in cooperation, than in fighting. Being told by everyone bloodied that Grandma lives in the Bridge district did not make a lot of sense at first until a couple more broken bones helps them elaborate on which way to go for that.

@Death Otter acting in concert with the information provided heads towards the bridge district. Turns out narrowing it down to a district with half a million people is handy. After her questioning Death Otter still had a little room to go but sharing the information with the others is enough for @Ramson Gourdaine to get where everyone needed to be.

Finally all the clues come together and the team is able to find where Grandma is 'hiding' if it could be called that. As @Sa’Maku, @Fiona Gladbrooke, @Death Otter, and @Ramson Gourdaine all head there. They clearly see the entrance they were told about. the warehouse like facility is lightly guarded, but it seems many people are able to come and go freely. However as the team observes the entrance they catch a glimpse of something a little off-putting. Within the entrance as it opens for people to come and go, what looks like several giant cyborgs are disarming people before allowing them further into the giant facility.

Time to think up a plan, who will go in, who will stay out, do you need to meet together first with the rest of the team?

Thissok has some fun with the poor looter who was definitely not expecting a giant feathered serpent to arrive. the temptation to play with the guy is there. But the serpents presence on top of the ship is enough for the remainder of pirates who came in to be better prepared, one would hope. When they come again @Kharis finds it is a little too easy to bring honor to his people here. After eliminating only a few people the rest learn and stay away. @Rinoa Crescent's efforts for eliminating the few other bandits that came where successful combined with @Brokner Jacobi and Rust Bucket the team find no threat they are incapable of handling.

This is a little RP, you have a few days to decide who goes in and who does not. Send me a PM or maybe work it out on Hangout. Then i will whip up a new post.

Rinoa Crescent
FYI, you only use one skill in a dramatic task. However even without your boost trait you still aced the task.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Skanni

Post by Skanni »

Kharis nurses his bruised ribs, fighting back his impatience.

To the others back at the ship, he says ”How long were they supposed to be gone, anyway?”
@Rinoa Crescent
@Brokner Jacobi
Character Sheet
Resource Tracker
Brokner Jacobi

Post by Brokner Jacobi »

OOC - note sure how skills work out of combat… gonna use what i feel would work.. GM please edit if necessary.

Techno-wizardry [dice:crin92lh]59797:0[/dice:crin92lh] - find useful things to use in gadgets
Notice [dice:crin92lh]59797:1[/dice:crin92lh] - find something of value or use to party

Wild Roll [dice:crin92lh]59797:2[/dice:crin92lh]

Brokner reloads any spent rounds. As he does so he hears Kharis’ question. ”No idea. We was in the engine room working when the others left.” he looks around, putting away weapons as he does. ”Rust Bucket, you pick up the called droids if any are around,. I am gonna check the bodies and clean up.’ He rolls up his sleeves and looks at the others ”Wanna help?” With that, Brokner moves to one of the bodies and strips it of anything useful, or loot. Putting it all in a pile, he moves to the next body and does the same. He will do this till he has done all the bodies, then he will put them all in a pile. ”what do we do with them?” He indicates the pile as he wipes his hands on a rag.
Death Otter

Post by Death Otter »

Death Otter poked at the inside of her cheek with her tongue, making it bulge out for a second.

"So. Looks pretty heavy duty in there. I'm thinking we probably shouldn't ALL go in, but I definitely think I should be one of the ones who go in. Partly because I don't need a weapon to be dangerous, and partly because their security is cyborgs, and in the not inconsiderable chance that whoever's doing the talking messes up BAD, I can do terrible terrible things to cyborgs."
Axel Krowe

Post by Axel Krowe »

Looking at the others Sa'Maku grimaces. Being disarmed complicates things and gives their enemy the advantage. Most likely the reason this location was used as a hide out anyway, "Perhaps we should call the others? Death Otter you may prove useful in this situation can you remotely access their systems? In the meantime, two of us can enter unarmed and recon the interior."

Shrugging he jumps on the radio, "Jackobi. Your technical skills may be required...I am sending the location of a warehouse can you or your droid offer any intel from your location?"
Axel Krowe, BAMF
Ramson Gourdaine

Ramson nods. "Okay, I want Otter because she's awesome. Fiona to do the talkin'. The new guy, Brokner, in case she wants to talk shop. Me, outta respect--if the Captain ain't there personally, it comes across as if I don't think she's worth my time. Sa'maku, you okay joining Kharis, and Rinoa on extraction duty, hang out close enough to come in hard if we signal? Thissok and the Droid can remain on ship detail."
Ramson Gourdaine
Stat Block
Riding d6; Psionics d10; Investigation d8+2; Streetwise d8+2; Fighting d6; Notice d8
Powers: beast friend; boost/lower Trait; telepathy; puppet; environmental adaptation; darksight; farsight

Fiona Gladbrooke

"That sounds like a solid lay out for engaging, Ramson. How do we want to pitch the encounter? And do we even want to head in now? We know where she is and this place isn't going anywhere. Right now we know what we want but have no idea, aside from money, what levers we can use to get what we want from her. Will she even roll over on a crew she works with on the regular? Other than the coming and going of our prey we're not on a timetable, why rush in with no data." Fiona considers a moment, the face she is wearing purses in thought. "I would bet her rivals will be a rich vein of intel to mine. We could get the skinny on her and maybe more on The PM crew, look for fracture points in their relationship, and exploit them. A longer process but we'd not be going to her hat in hand to ask her to betray an ally."

Realizing that a longer, more circumspect job may not be to everyones taste she adds so extra positives, "We might also find ways to build our crews rep in the underworld a bit while we do so."
Fiona Quick stats
Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand
Axel Krowe

Post by Axel Krowe »

"Gathering intelligence is good to a point. But, this is not a long con. I prefer a direct approach."
Axel Krowe, BAMF
Ramson Gourdaine

Ramson considers both points. "I think we can afford one day to see if we can turn something useful up in the What Granny Wants category. No longer than that, though, in part because I don't want our actual prey getting wind of us being here."
Ramson Gourdaine
Stat Block

Rinoa Crescent

Post by Rinoa Crescent »

Rinoa replys back to Kraris, "I'm not sure, it could be a while. Are you okay?"
Status Tracker
Rinoa Cresent

• Clairvoyance
    • Telepathy
Robot Armor Notes
  • (*): Numbers in () are while telemechanics is active, these are replacement, not additive.
Other Bonuses
Weapon Systems
Edit Signature
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Following the plan laid out by Ramson the interview team walks down to the front door. As they close in on the warehouse they get a closer look at the giant cyborgs. These Techno Wizard monstrosities where hulking at 10’ in height, with a style that looks a lot like a Naruni Repobot, the things seemed to be the kind of thing that would get one in a lot of trouble by NE if they knew they were being produced.

As you walk in they approach and begin scanning the Remorseless collection. Then one of them steps forward. “What brings you to Grandma’s?” The voice sounds almost congenial, as if a human was in the background speaking remotely. Some dialog that goes smoother and easier than expected, followed by disarming gets the Remorseless team into the facility and being led back to a waiting area. As you walk you see several giant warehouse floors with what must be a Techno Wizards dram facility. The entire facility must have three or four score techno-wizards of various races working. None of them look rushed of compelled, but the busy way they move makes it obvious this is not a standard factory assembly.

After about 20 minutes in the waiting area a sales representative comes to speak with the crew. The smaller robot is man sized, appearing made at least 80% of crystal must be worth millions on its own. “Welcome to Grandma’s I am Nanny, how can I help you?”

In over-watch things seem to be going fairly slow. No signs of betrayal or traps. Things here seem to be running more like a street mall than a pirate supply depot.

Instructions
Post your reactions or interactions here. @Fiona Gladbrooke please include a persuasion roll, your notice roll and persuasion roll need to be from the same form.

Even if you do not have an RP in the scene, please POST A NOTICE ROLL.

Remember there is open RP I will give credit for those who would like to get a post or two in.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Skanni

Post by Skanni »

Notice 6
Notice [dice:3ahs42kt]59918:0[/dice:3ahs42kt] (+2 for goggles)
Wild [dice:3ahs42kt]59918:1[/dice:3ahs42kt]

Kharis keeps watch through his TW goggles, his hand on the hilt of Silverspike as he waits for something to happen.
Character Sheet
Resource Tracker
Axel Krowe

Post by Axel Krowe »

Activating the optics system on his marine battle armor, Sa'Maku let's out a soft hiss as he waits for the call to action. His natural predatory genetics allow him to stand perfectly still. It's almost eerie.

The low hum from the power pack fueling his halbred and rail gun is the only sign that he is not a robot.
Axel Krowe, BAMF
Death Otter

Post by Death Otter »

From wherever the plan puts her, Death Otter keeps watch through her armor's advanced sensor arrays...

Rolls: Notice 7
Notice [dice:1wt3llui]60079:0[/dice:1wt3llui] or [dice:1wt3llui]60079:1[/dice:1wt3llui]
Brokner Jacobi

Post by Brokner Jacobi »

Brokner follows the others to the meet. As he walks he can't help but look at the bots with a TW eye. "Nice work. Too bad, I could have learned something from their maker. Maybe I can find a journal or diary or something with plans after the job." As he gets scanned, he lets out a low whistle "Scanners?? Wow, whoever upgraded you did a great job."

When the disarming starts, Brokner holds up his hands and hands over all weapons except his wrench. 'Family heirloom, you understand?" he says with a smile. He then steps back and lets whoever is gonna talk, do their thing.
Fiona Gladbrooke

Notice 7
Modifiers: Super senses +2 visual/auditory. Net +2
Notice [dice:29sa6er0]60205:0[/dice:29sa6er0]
Wild [dice:29sa6er0]60205:1[/dice:29sa6er0]
Ndreare wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:23 am Following the plan laid out by Ramson the interview team walks down to the front door. As they close in on the warehouse they get a closer look at the giant cyborgs. These Techno Wizard monstrosities where hulking at 10’ in height, with a style that looks a lot like a Naruni Repobot, the things seemed to be the kind of thing that would get one in a lot of trouble by NE if they knew they were being produced.

As you walk in they approach and begin scanning the Remorseless collection. Then one of them steps forward. “What brings you to Grandma’s?” The voice sounds almost congenial, as if a human was in the background speaking remotely. Some dialog that goes smoother and easier than expected, followed by disarming gets the Remorseless team into the facility and being led back to a waiting area. As you walk you see several giant warehouse floors with what must be a Techno Wizards dram facility. The entire facility must have three or four score techno-wizards of various races working. None of them look rushed of compelled, but the busy way they move makes it obvious this is not a standard factory assembly.
"We're here to barter in information deary, and maybe some other shopping. This is quite the enterprise." She takes it all in on the way to the waiting room.
Ndreare wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:23 am After about 20 minutes in the waiting area a sales representative comes to speak with the crew. The smaller robot is man sized, appearing made at least 80% of crystal must be worth millions on its own. “Welcome to Grandma’s I am Nanny, how can I help you?”
Persuasion 12
Modifiers: Item bonus +2. Net +2
Persuasion [dice:29sa6er0]60205:2[/dice:29sa6er0]
Wild [dice:29sa6er0]60205:3[/dice:29sa6er0]
Fiona knows the wait is so Granny's security people can look the team up and IDing them as the group busting heads to find the TW kingpin so she decides to lay her cards on the table then sell it as the best hand. "Yes, Nanny. We would like to speak with your employer on a matter of some urgency. It seems a pirate crew of ill repute may be bringing unwanted scrutiny to her operations. We would like to discuss ways to remedy that."
Fiona Quick stats
Edit Signature
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

With the crew disarmed and ready to speak with Nanny. The team finds the machine is fairly warm and receptive. When Fiona begins negotiating with with the machine it nods.

“We are calibrating the conference room for you, Grandma has decided she will see you. Thank you for being so courteous, we will make this as painless and hasteful as possible with your cooperation.” As the robot speaks Fiona finds her form wanting to relax into its featureless, natural state. With concentration she can maintain but it grows in difficulty. “Grandma has decided she would be willing to speak with you about the Peacemaker. But she likes to take precautions.” Still as she speaks the rest of you feel your arcane abilities interrupted is similar manner as something comes in waves over the group, affecting each of you one at a time. Before it completely relaxes “You may feel some discomfort as you wait, the process only requires about 30 more minutes then you will be escorted to see Grandma. If any of you would like to change your minds, please feel free to let us know now and you can be escorted out to join your friends on over-watch.”

The words spoken the Robot them provides beverages and snacks for the crew while they wait. Leaving you with a brief amount of time to chat or adjust plans if needed.

INSTRUCTIONS: I will post again shortly (Tuesday or Wednesday I think), but wanted this possible out for you all.
PS: Attractive or appearance trapped modifiers will not affect interactions with Grandma or the robots. But Persuasion is still working.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

After waiting for a time the Crew of The Remorseless are shown through the facility to an over-sized room that looks to be more appropriate to seating 100 men, than the small assembly here. The nausea of the anti-arcane device settles in shortly before a squat old dwarven lady walks in. Looking to be on the cusp between middle aged and ancient the nearly 5' tall woman still looked to have the strength of an athlete, and the sharp mind of a person in their prime.

Walking directly towards the group, the old woman waved for everyone to sit down. "So, I hear you need my help with something, and are here to either threaten me into giving it to you, or bribing me." The words where more a statement than a question as she continued giving little room for interjection. "You want the Peacemaker, I can hep you with that. But what do you have to offer me in return?"

Instructions
This will be some quick posting RP. I will be able to post daily responses to in character conversation.

Remember all your arcane abilities are shut down.

If it is hard pressed and you must try to use them, you may make an Arcane skill roll (Spirit for Fiona) at -4 to access powers that are trapped as only affecting yourself, or your immediate proximity (your inch).
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Ramson Gourdaine

Ramson holds up a hand. "Greetings, Ramson Gourdaine, captain of the Remorseless. Threaten you? No, never on the agenda. We might've been tempted to consider a heist, if we thought that was the only option for the intel, but threatening a woman who deals with pirates on a daily basis, while sitting in her place of power, would just be stupid. So yes, we're talking negotiation. And you're right, of course, we want intel on the Peacemaker. We'd also like to include a clause that says you and your people don't let them know we've been asking." He gives her a toothy grin. "As for the actual offers, I'm going to let my chief negotiator here, Fiona, handle that side of things. Otter and Brokner are here because they might be able to provide some technical understanding if you've got something specific in mind."

With that, he steps back and lets Fi do her thing.
Ramson Gourdaine
Stat Block

Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

The squat Old Lady smiles and accepts @Ramson Gourdaine's hand. "Oh, I haven't told anyone, but word has a way of getting around. Like a couple weeks ago when word got out from Center about a mercenary crew asking questions. Come to think of it, chances are solid they know you have been asking about them."

then turning her attention to the Changeling @Fiona Gladbrooke nodding in acceptance of what the Captain has declared. "So you have been empowered to barter for your crew. Here, have some refreshments, no strings attached, it is a way I learned to barter a long time ago."

"The first order of business before we can negotiate is I need a commitment from each of you that you will not cause trouble for me until you leave. And I will give you the same commitment in return. This is business and I think we all have a lot to gain or lose from these negotiations."
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Rinoa Crescent

Post by Rinoa Crescent »

Instructions
Post your reactions or interactions here. @Fiona Gladbrooke please include a persuasion roll, your notice roll and persuasion roll need to be from the same form.

Even if you do not have an RP in the scene, please POST A NOTICE ROLL.

Remember there is open RP I will give credit for those who would like to get a post or two in.
Notice 15
Notice [dice:2qaaqrpb]60455:0[/dice:2qaaqrpb]
Ace [dice:2qaaqrpb]60455:2[/dice:2qaaqrpb]
Wild [dice:2qaaqrpb]60455:1[/dice:2qaaqrpb]
Status Tracker
Rinoa Cresent

• Clairvoyance
    • Telepathy
Robot Armor Notes
Other Bonuses
Weapon Systems
Edit Signature
Fiona Gladbrooke

Despite being forced back into her native form the ex-spy still bares a regal presence. Her smooth white flesh unmarked by lines or pores seems to softly glow under the lights of the room. Taking a flute of some kind of juice and sipping she nods in appreciation smiles and begins.

"We are indeed here to negotiate and everything I've seen tells me we both could benefit greatly from working together. Both now and in the future." Pausing to sample a bit of pastry she then continues. "While not as evident from the outside, our little tour through your facility showed me a couple of things. Your workers, while busy, were not coerced or harried. Nor did they seem under heavy guard, security was more focused on outside than watching your help. So community is important to you. And stability as well. Your building has areas that are unused but not in a way that suggests they were but are not now or left empty like you bought too much building, no more like unassigned workspaces. So you're looking to continue growing."

Fiona could feel that her mind was less sharp, her will less strong, and her skills not at their peak but a little adversity just made the situation sweeter.
Persuasion 14
Persuasion [dice:2vh3a23g]60456:0[/dice:2vh3a23g]
Wild [dice:2vh3a23g]60456:1[/dice:2vh3a23g] Ace [dice:2vh3a23g]60456:2[/dice:2vh3a23g] Ace [dice:2vh3a23g]60456:3[/dice:2vh3a23g]
"As allies to you we think we fit into that paradigm much better than the Captain of the Peacemaker does. While not afraid to do some dirty work, we're smarter about it when we do, so we're much more free to move about and do business in places they would be unwelcome, hunted even. So we can open up new markets to you on both sides of the law. There is also the fact that their bad reputation, while a boon to a pirate, is less than good for those who provision them. Today it's us looking for him and sure, you could have us or other vengeance seekers like us taken care of easily. But what about the Naruni or interstellar governments? How long until the consequences of his actions become serious problems to you? But I think you have considered these things already. Possibly even made up your mind. So let's get to what we can do for you in exchange for everything you have on them and see how well we all can work together."
Fiona Quick stats
Edit Signature
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

The Old Lady listens smiling as she absently samples tears and helps hand them out. "Honestly, that was a pretty good speech. You do well even in a pinch."

"So I will cut to the chase, I have more than enough information. I can get you on board the Pacemaker. But I wasn't the Remorseless and everything on her as my fee."

Setting down a tray of simple chocolate cookies that appear to be from a CCW planet she poors some more coffee for herself.

"Of course if there are sentience on her they can go with you. I don't need them today. But the ship and everything else I want. In exchange I can have you on the deck of the remorseless in less than 20 hours."

While her face never seems to change in any measurable or observable way, as you talk the whole suddenly realizes how much she resembles each of your own grandmother. Somehow each in a way that crosses even racial boundaries.

Interlude Optional

Post in the Open Roleplay section a warm story about your or your characters Grandma.

Reward will be revealed after completed,
or next Saturday when window closes.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Fiona Gladbrooke

Fiona chuckles good naturedly, "That is quite the offer. At it's core not unworkable for us, but of course we'd like some, refinement. As to the contents of the Remorseless, several of us have necessary equipment still aboard. Those of us in this room came dressed for a meeting, not combat. I doubt things will be so cordial aboard the Peacemaker. Our ships AI is among the sentients still aboard, we will need to arrange transport for it. Also there is still an outstanding debt on the ship so the Naruni may have some say in it's ownership. Lastly intel on the Peacemakers crew and layout, dropping us in the blind is not much of a deal for us."
Persuasion 10
Persuasion [dice:nc7mx48e]60635:0[/dice:nc7mx48e]
Wild [dice:nc7mx48e]60635:1[/dice:nc7mx48e]
Free reroll from charismatic
Persuasion [dice:nc7mx48e]60635:2[/dice:nc7mx48e]
Wild [dice:nc7mx48e]60635:3[/dice:nc7mx48e] Ace [dice:nc7mx48e]60635:4[/dice:nc7mx48e]
Fiona Quick stats
Edit Signature
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Eating a selection of lady fingers and nodding the Old Lady lets you finish your thought and then says. "Well since we are being honest the AIs on your ships are two of the things I am interested in."

Grandma looks like she just thought of something that did not occur to her before. "Perhaps you can leave the AIs with me for the duration of your mission. Once you have eliminated the officers of the Peacemaker and secured your new ship. Swing by here and I can offer repair services when I return them to you. They will of course be in the same condition, with no damage or defects. But it will have given me a chance to try and copy the technology." Smiling the Venerable Woman finishes. "This is something all of us can win on."

Then as an after thought the Old Crone says. "Why I could even share some of the lesser known weaknesses of the Peacemaker Crew with you."
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Brokner Jacobi

Post by Brokner Jacobi »

Brokner starts to get a little upset as Grandma makes her pitch. "WTF?? She wants Rust Bucket?? Hell no. He is my boy. I built him back up...." He then notices a small icon on his HUD. "It is a message from Rust Bucket." He opens it, and then uses his radio. 'Team. Rust Bucket has been listening and agrees. He wants to stay with Grandma." Brokner takes a breath 'If he is ok with it, then I am too." He steps back and wipes his eye.
Death Otter

Post by Death Otter »

"What a tweest," Death Otter mutters. "I mean, Peacekeeper IS an upgrade from Remorseless, but if we go with this we absolutely have to win or we're trapped here." She shakes her head, eyeroll concealed behind the visor of her helmet.

"I'm all for balls-out crazy moves, but it's a little hard to think of what info Grandma here could offer that's worth the value of a whole ship."

"We can find 'em ourselves. It'll take longer and involve more danger and cat-and-mouse action, but we won't have our ship in hock, so..."

She shrugs.

Notice 5
[dice:fdcpxiwy]60822:0[/dice:fdcpxiwy] or [dice:fdcpxiwy]60822:1[/dice:fdcpxiwy]
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Working out the detail Grandma was surprised at how amenable the team was to her deals. She had heard rough things about this crew, but if they were able to overcome Durrack she did not mind if they compromised so easily. Maybe Durrack exaggerated when he complained about his broken up phase cannon.

Setting the contract into writing and ensuring Ramson signed it Grandma was pleased with this contract. “Go then, prepare yourselves and your crew. Gather all your personal gear needed for battle and be ready. Return to the front entrance of this facility 1 hour before midnight. I will have a Shifter working on your spell.”

As the Crew heads out and gets ready they have a last moment to make things are in order. Preparing the AI for removal and handling the tasks at hand the Cell members have this final moment to adjust plans before Grandma’s cyborgs show up to take possession of the Remorseless.

Intelligence

• Durrack (A former Invincible Guardsman. Upon retirement Durrack found life could be a lot easier if he used his limitless strength and stamina to bully others into doing his work.) - Highly Magic resistant, with the strength and endurance of a dragon. If you fight him and rely on strength you will lose.
  • Angelus (A TW- version of a Naruni repo bot. His Soul Cannon is devastating to witness) - I designed his frame myself and even enchanted it. He is a killer with no equal. With the strength, endurance and offensive ability of a cyborg, but the Spirit and mind of Priest of Darkness, Angelus retains the powers he had in life as a high priest of darkness and still offers his god sacrifices. I think he is the one who will give you the most challenge. If you can defeat Angelus you will likely win the day, if not, well not everyone can expect to live in a battle against demi-gods.
  • Darinthalus Marinitalon Sar’Debrek (An Asguardian High Elf, and Battle Mage) - With the speed and quickness of an elven demi-god and the powers of a battle mage. Darint is dangerous, his has the ability to summon shadows of himself at will that are nearly as dangerous as he himself. Like all elves, as physically fast as he is, his body is relatively fragile compared to your own brute.
  • Essense & Power (Machine People Power Armor Pilots) - The Machine people are a mysterious race of living robots. They have the ability to merge with technology and provide devices with unlimited energy and to pilot vehicles, or operate vehicles at a level that cannot be matched except by the most powerful of phaton juicers and technopaths. I think you may find your morbid pets powers highly effective in neutralizing them.

INSTRUCTIONS
You have a couple days (Monday the 1st) to post here any last minute thoughts. I will be posting for the ritual and journey in a new thread. This thread will be considered a RP posting thread until then.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Fiona Gladbrooke

"So, any game plan for the big guy? The dispel bombs Brokner whipped up should be helpful against 'bot and wizard. The machine people can maybe be dealt with by Otter and Brokner, or old fashioned violence. My own talents lie less in pitched battle but I can deal with the rank and file crew." This wasn't going to be an easy job, any planning they could do now would help their chances.
Fiona Quick stats
Edit Signature

Return to “Remorseless Archive”