Hangout Open RP Log

Clayton Hodge
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Hangout Open RP Log

Post by Clayton Hodge »

Open RP Q3 2018

Rob
This Thread will be for in character quick chat.
Participation in this thread will count towards post count at end of quarter when copied into the forum.
Only in Character Posts Chatter goes Here

This will also be a place to chatter and plan how to storm City Hall

Max/Triessa
Yay! Lets storm it!

Sgt 86Delta/Gravely
any chance for mages to pull off what signal does with electricity?
or maybe that is how stealth works in the nightlands - it alows us to conduit through things

Max/Triessa
Triessa gives you an odd look. "Hey buddy, this is an arpee zone, okay?" 🙂

Sgt 86Delta/Gravely
Gravely stands there with a quizical look, "I was being serious."

Max/Triessa
"You'll have to be more specific then. Signal does several things with electricity."

Sgt 86Delta/Gravely
"Travelling along electrical or in electrical lines. He can practically pass through walls that way."

Max/Triessa
"Huh. Can magic do it? Probably. Can I make magic do it? Not without at least a week or two of mucking around first. That's the kind of spell you absolutely want to be sure not to miscast, you know?"
"I would NOT want to be the lineman getting the cleanup call on that."

Sgt 86Delta/Gravely
Gravely smiles, "Trust me. Having been a civil servant, I know the hassle of dealing with electrical lines. My real point was that not everyone can sneak and stealth. Finding another entrance would serve us well."

Max/Triessa
"Ah, well maybe next time lead with the real point. You'll save time."
"Anyway, throwing spells around Hounds isn't good if you want to keep a low profile."
"Found that out the hard way."

Sgt 86Delta/Gravely
"The magic side of things is all new to me."

Tapping his head, "The mental, Psionics type stuff, well I have been doing that for a while now."

Timmy/Signal
“Well, no electrical lines here, unfortunately. Hey, what if we jump back out of the night lands walk, like, 100 feet in that direction, and then hop back in?”

Max/Triessa
"Sure. Let me just get my Nightlands Portal Proj..." Triessa slaps her pockets and scowls theatrically. "Damn. Must be in my other pants."

Timmy/Signal
Signal rolls his eyes (not that anyone can see it). “I meant through a mirror. Obviously. Like, the one we used to get here.”

Max/Triessa
"Oh, you mean the car mirror back in the parking lot. We can go back there, where the huge trap is waiting for us."
Triessa sighs and pushes her glasses up her nose. "...sorry. I'm not helping. I don't have a mirror, unfortunately."
"Going back there doesn't seem like a great idea to me."

Timmy/Signal
“I thought we broke one off the car? Wait, that didn’t come through with us, did it? Duh. Of course it didn’t. This whole ‘alternate world’ thing is too weird.”

Max/Triessa
She nods. "Yeah. It is."

Sgt 86Delta/Gravely
Gravely smiles at the Triessa/Signal conversation. The whole conversation has got him thinking though.

"Anyone care to search for an alternate entrance?"

?/Catie
“I’d be happy to,” Catie answers. “I don’t think anyone should go off on their own though. That seems like a recipe for disaster.”

Sgt 86Delta/Gravely
Gravely nods and points off to the left of the castle building. Patting a spot underneath the overcoat, "I got you covered Catie. Let's go."

Mike/Raphael
Raphael, who was completely silent this whole time, speaks up. "I'll come as well if you'd like."

Max/Triessa
"Just remember. No magic unless you know how to cover your tracks," Triessa advises.
"And even then, think twice. That's a lot of Hounds."

Sgt 86Delta/Gravely
Gravely nods. A message to Triessa
Psychics leave no marks.

Timmy/Signal
(Assuming Gravely mentions it, Signal will say the following): “Just, you know, stay away from the ‘murder gate.’ That sounds, um, sub-optimal.”
Clayton Hodge
Clayton "Snakebite" Hodge, Snake Lycanthrope
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 9(3); Toughness: 7(2*)
  • Kevlar Vest reduces damage from bullets by 4 before applying any AP
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Against the Odds:+2 to any Trait roll when spending a Benny, stacks with Elan.
  • Ambidextrous: Ignore off hand penalty, Weapon Parry bonuses stack.
  • First Strike: Free attack vs first enemy to enter reach.
  • Invulnerability: Lycanthropes can only be shaken by most attacks and weapons. Only silver, magic and the supernatural can wound a Lycanthrope such as rune/artifacts weapons, cursed weapons, and the tooth and claws of other Lycanthropes can wound a Lycanthrope. Note Psionics cannot wound a Lycanthrope. In addition the Lycanthrope regenerates, making a natural healing roll every hour from any injury and cannot suffer permanent injuries unless the wound is inflicted by silver.
  • Two-Fisted: If a character makes a Fighting attack with one action and another from a different hand in a later action, the second attack doesn’t inflict a Multi-Action penalty.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; PP: 3/15
Light Bennies: 1; Golden Bennies: 0/1
Edit Signature
Clayton Hodge
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Hangout Open RP Log

Post by Clayton Hodge »

Open RP Q4 2018

Rob
<<<BREAK - NO NOT COUNT>>>

This is still an option for 4th Q and can be used to get through things like the discussion of sneaking in or frontal assault.

<<<BREAK - NO NOT COUNT>>>

Mike/Raphael
Raphael looks to the building with his strange peaceful eyes. "What is the plan?" He says, to no one in particular.

Max/Triessa
"Send Clayton as a snake into the drain pipe there and scout ahead for us. We'll follow him in."

Mike/Raphael
Raphael nods. "Alright."

Max/Trisesa
"Can you get her on her feet again once we find her?" Triessa asks Raphael. "We're not going to want to get pinned down in there."

Mike/Raphael
He nods. "Of course."

Max/Triessa
She nods. "Now for my final trick...part of our exit strat should include a way back to the real world. Which we left in the Parking Lot of Doom."
"How big a mirror do we need?"

Sgt 86Delta
Gravely stands nearby, observing but saying little.

At the question of a mirror, Gravely produces the driver side mirror and shows the photgraphic stills of the inside of the van.

"These should do shouldn't they?"

Rob/Jack
Jack looks into the mirror for a few moments before replying. "I cannot feel the pull. Are these different somehow?"

Max/Triessa
"Fuck if I know." Triessa sighed and rubbed her forehead. "So, just to be clear, are you saying you cannot use this mirror to get us back home?"

Sgt 86Delta/Gravely
"I am saying that we use a mirror in a fashion like scrying. Find the interior of our ride and then step through to it using this." Gravely holds the mirror up with the reflective surface down.

Max/Triessa
"Yeah, but if we have a mirror here, we don't have to go back to our ride," Triessa explains. "We can just use the mirror -here- to get back to our world. Right?" She looks at the nightbane in the group. "Right?"

Mike/Raphael
Raphael listens patiently. "I can remove us from this world as well."

Rob/Jack
Jack shakes his head. "I don't know why. But this is not working like other mirrors. Normally I look for a second and feel the pull. This one is not working that way."
Looking at Ralph Jack seems to relax a little. "How can you get us out? "

Max/Triessa
Triessa also gives Raphael her undivided attention.

Mike/Raphael
He looks off into the distance. "The Messengers showed me how."

Sgt 86Delta/Gravely
Gravely nods, "With you all every minute is something new. I am grateful for my years of training with the PAB."

Rob/Jack
Jack nods looking out at the building listening to the screams. "This is new for me too. I had some bad stuff, but nothing like this."

Max/Triessa
Triessa rubbed her chin thoughtfully at the Guardian, then said, "The mirror is from this side. Does that make a difference? Maybe it's not a 'real' mirror or something. Alright, Raph, what do you need to 'messenger' us back across?"
"Wait...that mirror. You took it off the car, right?"
"Like, it was part of the car, and now it's not."
Triessa put a hand on her head. "Fuck, of course. It's not matched up with the mirror on the other side now."

Sgt 86Delta/Gravely
Gravely clears his throat, "Where or when have you seen a mirror in the Nightlands?"

Max/Triessa
"You have one right there."

Rob/Jack
Jack speaks up, "I see them every now and then. On a building of on the weird thing that looked like the van."
"but yeah, they are pretty rare

Sgt 86Delta/Gravely
"I brought this one from our side."

Rob/Jack
"does that make a difference? Is Triessa right that it no longer has an opposite?
"That does not even make sense."

Max/Triessa
"Oh. Well, same theory. It's not paired with the one here anymore."

Rob/Jack
"I do not really understand this stuff"

Max/Trisesa
Then she pauses. "Wait. You took the mirror off MY car? My real car?"

Mike/Raphael
Confusion briefly slides over Raphael's face. It's hard to hard to detect at first as his skin simply does not wrinkle. "Why, I just need to ask The Messengers to remove us from this plane is all."

Max/Triessa
Triessa points at Raphael and nods. "Awesome. What do they want for it?"

Mike/Raphael
"Want?" He frowns. "I don't understand. They have no want, merely purpose and I am but a tool to fulfill that purpose."

Max/Triessa
"Uh huh. And that purpose is?"

Mike/Raphael
He frowns. "I don't know. I am not a messenger."

Max/Triessa
"Yeah but...uungh." Triessa clawed theatrically at her face for a second, then snapped out of it. "Alright. That's where we are. How long's it take the 'messengers' to get us out?"

Mike/Raphael
"Immediately."

Max/Triessa
She nods. "Alright. The plan is Clayton scouts, we follow, we kick ass, free our friend, get the fuck out in a hurry, and when we're clear you have your friends get us out."
"Gravely, if that mirror came off my car, you're paying for a new one."

Sgt 86Delta/Gravely
"The beater van was yours? Blood doesn't come out! EVER!"

Max/Triessa
"Oh the van, alright." Triessa relaxes. "Nevermind."
Clayton Hodge
Clayton "Snakebite" Hodge, Snake Lycanthrope
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 9(3); Toughness: 7(2*)
  • Kevlar Vest reduces damage from bullets by 4 before applying any AP
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Against the Odds:+2 to any Trait roll when spending a Benny, stacks with Elan.
  • Ambidextrous: Ignore off hand penalty, Weapon Parry bonuses stack.
  • First Strike: Free attack vs first enemy to enter reach.
  • Invulnerability: Lycanthropes can only be shaken by most attacks and weapons. Only silver, magic and the supernatural can wound a Lycanthrope such as rune/artifacts weapons, cursed weapons, and the tooth and claws of other Lycanthropes can wound a Lycanthrope. Note Psionics cannot wound a Lycanthrope. In addition the Lycanthrope regenerates, making a natural healing roll every hour from any injury and cannot suffer permanent injuries unless the wound is inflicted by silver.
  • Two-Fisted: If a character makes a Fighting attack with one action and another from a different hand in a later action, the second attack doesn’t inflict a Multi-Action penalty.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; PP: 3/15
Light Bennies: 1; Golden Bennies: 0/1
Edit Signature

Return to “Nightbane Archive”