Briefing Room

Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Briefing Room

Post by Stoic »

After getting back from Kingsdale, you are debriefed and then given a week's leave. You are expected to report to meeting room 7 for a new assignment. When you arrive there are 8 chairs set around a modest table.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Niyol Dreamwalker

Re: Briefing Room

Post by Niyol Dreamwalker »

Niyol arrives to the briefing room well before the others arrive. Instead of taking a seat at the table, the simvan puts the far wall to his back and sits on the floor facing the door. He crosses his legs, places his hands comfortably in his lap and closes his eyes.

While waiting, Niyol's meditation transitions into dreaming as it often does. He floats through the dreamscape, letting it take him where it will. He sees a pair of grackleteeth approaching, boisterously chatting wth one another. They straigten up when they get to the door and their chatter dies down a bit.

They open the door and...a man of metal walks through. He is alone and early. He takes a seat when the door opens...and a Dnorr pokes his head into the room carrying an assortment of odd machines and strangely adorned equipment. He seems relieved to see the other occupant of the room is also a D'norr. They exchange pleasantries..and the dreamscape shifts.

It appears more vibrant and defined. The pair of d'norr disappear, and now it is Niyol in the briefing room, alone. The door opens again...and Niyol opens his eyes. He smiles warmly as his first teammate steps into the room.
Niyol Dreamwalker, Simvan Shaman
Pace: 5(d6-1); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17(8)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Beastmaster: Animals take to your hero quickly and easily. They won’t attack him unless he attacks them first or they’re enraged for some reason.
    Common Bond: A character with this Edge may freely give her Bennies to any other character she can communicate with.
    Bloodthirsty
    Low Light vision: Simvan ignore penalties for Dim and Dark conditions.
    Monstrous Beast Affinity: When using beast friend, Simvan pay half the cost for a creature’s Size (round up) and the power affects “unnatural” beasts.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
PPE: 20/20; ISP: 25/25
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Danny

Post by Danny »

Danny saunters in waiting for the briefing to start. He flexes his guns reflexively nodding to the Simvan. He has a giant particle beam weapon, heavily modified. His armor seems unique as well. A modified Triax field mechanic with shadow tech.

He grins, " Hi friend. Names Danny... And no, I do not do autographs."

Last one was for the kid, and then I splattered his brains across the field... Fucking gracklepack...
Hangout
I am finding being on so many hangouts trying. I am not sure exactly what is going on but I am feeling a ton of stress and it is not really fun for me to be in hangouts. I'll keep playing but not be in hangouts. Sorry.
Danny Stat Block
Attributes: Agility d12(+2 from IF, 2), Smarts d8(1 FG,1), Spirit d8(2), Strength d8(2 race), Vigor d12(1 Race, 3 advances)
Pace: 6 d6 ; Parry:4 ; Toughness:13(3) Strain: 0
Edges of note: Fame, quick, level headed, improved level headed, deadshot, champion, elan, sharpshooter, trick-shot, steady hands, tail(ignore 2 pts of map), danger sense, quick draw
Skills of note:
Shooting: 1d12+2
Survival: d8
Notice: d6
Stealth: d8

Hindrences:Curious, Heroic, shame (minor), Vengful(minor), Stuff ain’t made for me, Issues with the cold, overconfident
Bennies 4/3
+1 benny for rp
Brute
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Brute »

Steel walked down the hall looking for briefing room 7 when a doorway suddenly strobed in his vision, startling him slightly.

Wonder if I'll ever get used to having a heads up display 24/7? Giving himself a mental shrug he alters course and heads towards the door his comp insists is briefing room 7. Time to be the new guy, I guess. Pushing the door open he scans the room and this time remembers to not be surprised when his vision strobes again outlining each of the people already in the room.

Eyeing the chairs dubiously Steel decides against testing their strength against his extra large chassis and takes a position against the wall in the back of the room. Nice of the docs to hook me up with the Brawny model but it does have its drawbacks. Course, it's not like I have an overpowering need to sit anymore. Not like these legs are going to get tired.

Giving himself another mental shake he returned his attention to his new teammates. A Simvan and a Grackle, eh? That's not a combination you see everyday. Wonder if they are new as well? "The name's Steel. I'm the new guy." his voice grated in his ears. They said it was an exact duplicate of his voice from... before so why did it always sound like a stranger was talking?
Danny

Post by Danny »

Steel wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:05 pm Steel walked down the hall looking for briefing room 7 when a doorway suddenly strobed in his vision, startling him slightly.

Wonder if I'll ever get used to having a heads up display 24/7? Giving himself a mental shrug he alters course and heads towards the door his comp insists is briefing room 7. Time to be the new guy, I guess. Pushing the door open he scans the room and this time remembers to not be surprised when his vision strobes again outlining each of the people already in the room.

Eyeing the chairs dubiously Steel decides against testing their strength against his extra large chassis and takes a position against the wall in the back of the room. Nice of the docs to hook me up with the Brawny model but it does have its drawbacks. Course, it's not like I have an overpowering need to sit anymore. Not like these legs are going to get tired.

Giving himself another mental shake he returned his attention to his new teammates. A Simvan and a Grackle, eh? That's not a combination you see everyday. Wonder if they are new as well? "The name's Steel. I'm the new guy." his voice grated in his ears. They said it was an exact duplicate of his voice from... before so why did it always sound like a stranger was talking?
Danny gives Steel a nod. New guy... Lance seemed to leave our company. Looks like this is his replacement.
" The name is Danny, you indeed look new. What brings you to the 24th?"
Danny Stat Block
Attributes: Agility d12(+2 from IF, 2), Smarts d8(1 FG,1), Spirit d8(2), Strength d8(2 race), Vigor d12(1 Race, 3 advances)
Edges of note: Fame, quick, level headed, improved level headed, deadshot, champion, elan, sharpshooter, trick-shot, steady hands, tail(ignore 2 pts of map), danger sense, quick draw
Skills of note:

Hindrences:Curious, Heroic, shame (minor), Vengful(minor), Stuff ain’t made for me, Issues with the cold, overconfident
Bennies 4/3
+1 benny for rp
Brute
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Brute »

Danny wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:59 pm Danny gives Steel a nod. New guy... Lance seemed to leave our company. Looks like this is his replacement.
Steel turns his head to gaze at the Grackle as a momentary flashback plays out in his head. If only there weren't so damned many of them. If only we had more time, more reinforcements. Black bodies, all teeth and claws, clambering over each other in their desire to tear him and his teammates to shreds...

Pushing the images away he refocuses his unblinking gaze on the Grackle. Why am I here? Old team's dead, mostly. Out loud he merely says, "Just got cut loose from the infirmary. Needed an assignment. Here I am. Look forward to working with you."
Danny

Post by Danny »

Steel wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:34 am
Danny wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:59 pm Danny gives Steel a nod. New guy... Lance seemed to leave our company. Looks like this is his replacement.
Steel turns his head to gaze at the Grackle as a momentary flashback plays out in his head. If only there weren't so damned many of them. If only we had more time, more reinforcements. Black bodies, all teeth and claws, clambering over each other in their desire to tear him and his teammates to shreds...

Pushing the images away he refocuses his unblinking gaze on the Grackle. Why am I here? Old team's dead, mostly. Out loud he merely says, "Just got cut loose from the infirmary. Needed an assignment. Here I am. Look forward to working with you."
Did he just have a momentary flashback? He might need a psychologist more than action. The 24th is not for the faint of heart. Danny nods and sticks out a clawed hand. He also on the sly places a business card in Steel’s hand. Room 202B Dr Laura Snowflake. ”Yeah... I have had a day or two like that. Glad to have you and if you ever need to talk let me know. Heck... Pal for you I’d do an autograph...” If you had spent any time in D-bee only illicit bathrooms or waiting in line to get the lastest smut rag, Danny might seem familiar.
Danny Stat Block
Skills of note:

Bennies 4/3
+1 benny for rp
Niyol Dreamwalker

“Danny,” Niyol says as the Grackle steps into the room, ”It has been too long. I am happy to see you well.”

When Steel enters, Niyol nods, “I was expecting our other Grackletooth friend to be next, yet you have arrived as expected man of steel. It’s always interesting to see how the world and the dreamscape diverge.”

The shaman stands up when Steel stand beside him and politely listens to the two converse. As if he understands exactly what is passing unsaid between the two as they converse, Niyol places a hand on Steel’s cold metallic chest.

He looks at steel but seems to be staring through him when he says, “Your body is strong, and it can be repaired easily. But the heart heals slowly and bears the greatest pain. Perhaps you and Danny could form a beautiful friendship”
  • Beastmaster: Animals take to your hero quickly and easily. They won’t attack him unless he attacks them first or they’re enraged for some reason.
    Common Bond: A character with this Edge may freely give her Bennies to any other character she can communicate with.
    Bloodthirsty
    Monstrous Beast Affinity: When using beast friend, Simvan pay half the cost for a creature’s Size (round up) and the power affects “unnatural” beasts.
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Danny

Post by Danny »

Niyol Dreamwalker wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:56 am “Danny,” Niyol says as the Grackle steps into the room, ”It has been too long. I am happy to see you well.”

When Steel enters, Niyol nods, “I was expecting our other Grackletooth friend to be next, yet you have arrived as expected man of steel. It’s always interesting to see how the world and the dreamscape diverge.”

The shaman stands up when Steel stand beside him and politely listens to the two converse. As if he understands exactly what is passing unsaid between the two as they converse, Niyol places a hand on Steel’s cold metallic chest.

He looks at steel but seems to be staring through him when he says, “Your body is strong, and it can be repaired easily. But the heart heals slowly and bears the greatest pain. Perhaps you and Danny could form a beautiful friendship”
Danny chuckled frowning, ” Yeah Sig, I am sure he will be along. Might be polishing his hammer so to speak.” He looked at the simvan waiting for a name that did not come. Seems we had met... Maybe during the war. ”You got me a bit at a loss. Did we meet during the war?”
Danny Stat Block
Skills of note:

Bennies 4/3
+1 benny for rp
Niyol Dreamwalker

"Yes," Niyol nods, "I am Niyol Dreamwalker. I spent much of my time before the fall pursuing dream visions and looking for any advantage that could be had for Tolkeen. Rides the Wind and I braved the battlefield when necessary, but more often than not it was decided that I was more useful in the dreamscape than the battlefield."

The simvan gives Danny a mischevious smile, "I once dreamed that a photo shoot would boost morale considerably. Making Tolkeen's most valiant defenders easily accessible to even the most common man or woman was the idea. It seemed that the shoot would benefit you specifically in the future, so I extended you an invitation personally."
    Bloodthirsty
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Serival Drumm

Post by Serival Drumm »

OOC Comments
Default activations: Armor (1), Communications Band (1)
Also enters with Exalted Conceal Arcana active with a Raise. (-4 to attempts to see his aura/detect arcana, etc). Assume it was cast AFTER Niyol's Divination, just to avoid messing with that.

Spellcasting [dice:sdz6yyww]57552:0[/dice:sdz6yyww]
Wild Spellcasting [dice:sdz6yyww]57552:1[/dice:sdz6yyww]
As the early arrivals meet and chat, an unassuming--some might even say 'meek'--D'norr slips in and takes a seat at the table; it might take a few moments for anyone to even realize he's there. He's wearing a long coat designed for travel, but otherwise seems more like a Legion clerk than a soldier. Even when he is noticed, he seems quite unremarkable, simply studying his Legion-issue handcomp. Maybe he's here to take minutes on the briefing once their officer arrives?
Serival Drumm
Seasoned D'norr Automaton Controller (MARS)
OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d6 (Fear -2), Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 7; Toughness: 13 (6 EBA)
Skills:
Persuasion d6 (Free Re-roll; +2 Networking); Common Knowledge d4 (+2 Forgery, +2 Shady Characters)
Notice d8; Repair d6 (Toolkit = d8+5, Offset 2, Raise = 1/2 time)
Occult d8; Piloting d12+1; Spellcasting d12+1; Fighting d10
Stealth d10 (+2 Armor, Urban +2); Hacking d6; Athletics d6 (Urban Climb +2, Pads +4, Grapple Gun +2/+4); Thievery d10+1 (+1 vs. Electronics)
Edges:
Charismatic; Electronics Security Expert; Streetwise; Thief; Ace; Concentration; Master of Magic
Hindrances: Cautious, Mild-Mannered, Major Vengeful, Major Sensitive, Major D-Bee, Major Wanted (CS, Federation, others)
PPE: 30
Powers (Personal): Reveal Night's Secrets, Arcane Analysis/Aura Suppression, Unweaving, Titan's Grasp, Suborn, Kiss of Morpheus, Faerie Ruckus/Hush, Scale with Ease
Powers (Gear, no Modifiers): Night's Embrace, Wings of Night, Stealth Mode, Cloaking, Universal Translator, Agony, Paralysis
Gear:
Arzno TWA-1500 Incursion EBA (+4A/+2T; EBA gives +4 vs. Hazards; Camo Mode; Concealable; Retractable Short Swords (Str+d6); Silver knuckledusters (Str+d4 Silver); Multi-Optics Helm: Ignore Illumination, Offset 2 Range, +1 Shooting Calibration; 1 PPE/Hr)
Branaghan Special Armored Overcloak (+2A/+1T; It Has Pockets!)
Psionic Mind Shield (+4 Resist/Armor vs. Psionics; 3 PPE/hr)
Neural Mace (Str+d6+4 Non-Lethal Damage, Touch Attack +2, Vigor -2/-4 or Stunned)
Whip of Pain (Str+d4 MD AP 2; Reach 2; Activation 1 PPE; 2 PPE cast Agony with attack roll)
Paralysis Staff (Str+2d4 MD Silver; Activation 1 PPE; 3 PPE cast Paralysis with attack roll)
Misc. Thief Tools, IRMSS
Glass (Infiltrator Automaton)
Size 1; Remote Operation 60"; Str d12+4; Toughness 14 (7 MDC); Pace 8
Shard Punches (Str+1d6 MD, AP 6)
Innate Intangibility: Become intangible (as Power) for 1 round, with no roll or PPE; has 1-round cooldown
Fast Regeneration: 10 Serival PPE, Duration 5 Rounds
40 PPE (Glass Powers only); Recharges as Serival does, also may be recharged directly by Serival
Powers (may use Modifiers): House of Glass; Reflect & Deflect; Mask of Deceit; Concealment; Mystic Portal
Danny

Post by Danny »

Serival Drumm wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:02 am
OOC Comments
Default activations: Armor (1), Communications Band (1)
Also enters with Exalted Conceal Arcana active with a Raise. (-4 to attempts to see his aura/detect arcana, etc). Assume it was cast AFTER Niyol's Divination, just to avoid messing with that.

Spellcasting [dice:3dquik6j]57552:0[/dice:3dquik6j]
Wild Spellcasting [dice:3dquik6j]57552:1[/dice:3dquik6j]
As the early arrivals meet and chat, an unassuming--some might even say 'meek'--D'norr slips in and takes a seat at the table; it might take a few moments for anyone to even realize he's there. He's wearing a long coat designed for travel, but otherwise seems more like a Legion clerk than a soldier. Even when he is noticed, he seems quite unremarkable, simply studying his Legion-issue handcomp. Maybe he's here to take minutes on the briefing once their officer arrives?
Niy is a wild card for sure. Planned the photo shoot huh? Steel needs a friend, but those who lost much need time to heal. Prozek’s left nut! I am still not sure if I am right after blasting Derrick’s head apart. Poor kid, why did he have to follow me to Serenity? With a box of chocolates no less. Shortly after returning from his last mission Danny developed a distaste for chocolate. He was goimg to say more to @Niyol Dreamwalker and @Steel but the unobstrucive movements of a clerk entering the room caught his weathered eye.

I wonder if that is the guy that has my knew armor, and gun... Danny studied the newest arrival for a moment. The grackletooth, did not have any gear on him and wore just a simple tunic, pants that were torn, and cloak for warmth against the cold that seemed to permeate the drafty castle.

Danny shruged and approached the presume clerk in an effort to find out where his new gear was, ”Hi there... Umm... I am Danny, do have any news about my requisition?” The big grackle’s skin seemed to glisten just so in the light of the room.
Danny Stat Block
Skills of note:

Bennies 4/3
+1 benny for rp
Brute
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Brute »

Steel glances at the card the... odd Grackle Tooth handed him and would have frowned if he could still make facial expressions.

Surely he doesn't think that the psyches in the infirmary would have cleared him for duty if they didn't think he had a handle on any lingering trauma? No sense making a big deal about it though. I'm sure the big guy means well.

About to hand the card back to the Grackle, Danny, he is interrupted when the Simvan begins speaking. He is about to introduce himself again when the D-Bee starts talking about beautiful friendships so he limits himself to a simple, "Thanks."

Niyol turns his attention to Danny so Steel uses the opportunity to extricate himself from the conversation. Then Steel's vision strobes again as the door opens and a new figure enters the room and takes a seat. He studies the newcomer briefly and recognizes him as a D'Norr though not one he is familiar with. Idly he wonders if the D-Bee is a newcomer like himself or an established member of the team.

He considers going over to introduce himself but the stranger is sitting and Steel is big even for a full conversion cyborg. Figuring if the D'Norr wanted to talk he would have introduced himself so he decides to wait for a better opportunity for a conversation. He makes a note to request the public access records of his teammates later. If he's going to have a computer plugged into his brain he might as well make the most of it.

Spotting a waste receptacle in the corner Steel crumples the card in his hand and flicks it into the basket.
Last edited by Brute on Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Niyol Dreamwalker

Spirit Vision 9, CK: 4; -4 PPE
Note: @Serival Drumm, I was just using dream vision narratively and didn't roll anything. So we'll see if I know anything besides strangely mundane D'norr.

Spirit Vision (Detect Arcana [2 PP]) +Exalted Detect Arcana (+2): -4 PP
Faith: [dice:86qpbbcu]57561:0[/dice:86qpbbcu]
Spirit: [dice:86qpbbcu]57561:1[/dice:86qpbbcu]

Faith 9 vs Spellcasting 10 = Fail

Note 2: Going to roll Common Knowledge, and see if I recognize anything at all about Serival.

Common Knowledge: [dice:86qpbbcu]57561:2[/dice:86qpbbcu] (+2 in NA)
Wild: [dice:86qpbbcu]57561:3[/dice:86qpbbcu]
Niyol is already watching the door expectantly when Serival walks in. He gives the d'norr a warm smile and a slight nod when he steps in to take his seat. It seems that except for 'Sig,' everyone is appearing more or less as preordained.

D'norr are inherently magical beings, usually practitioners of some sort, but this one seems a little too mundane.

"Great Spirit," Niyol mutters discretely while reaching up to "wipe" his eyes, "grant me your sight."

Niyol studies Serival intently seeking any kind of arcane abilities, but he seems completely mundane. He dosen't even exhibit the heightened PPE intrinsic to the d'norr people. Yet, something else feels off too...

'Extraordinarily unexceptional for a d'norr. Blends in unobtrusively, as if he were meant to be here yet also maintaining an air of unimportance. Arrived too early for the meeting, but acts as if he was a minor official. Exquisitely crafted persona marred by a lack of PPE...Strange that my dreaming provided little more than a face and a time.'

"Danny, I'm not sure our new arrival has a clerical roll," Niyol speaks up after Danny addresses Serival, "I believe he is to be one of our allies."

The shaman looks Serival over once more before continuing, "I am Niyol Dreamwalker. I provide guidance and wisdom to those worthy or in need. Sometimes my journeys require violence, but I've never been one to shy away from a good battle and a nice meal."

Walking towards Serival, Niyol extends his hand in greeting, "And who are you friend? I think there is more to you than meets the eye."
    Bloodthirsty
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Doc Olliday

Post by Doc Olliday »

Doc strolls to the briefing room, breezing his way down the hallway. He is glad to be in Kingsdale once more and even happier with the new developments.

First, Rodger has proven to be a great contact and has even offered to supply his consierge business with advanced cybernetics and the occassional TW item on the side.

Second, his nephew, Winchester Staghorn, "Wince" to his friends has arrived from Arzno with news for Remington Staghorn, who Doc was informed, had disappeared from the 77th.

Wince strides along behind his uncle in a combat battle magi armor. A departing gift for the son and nephew of Arzno's magus forces.

Not bothering to knock, Doc opens the door and finds the remaining members of the 24th there as well as some newcomers.

"Howdy gents. I have spoken to Helga @Stoic and determined that my services are no longer required."

Stepping through the door and to the left side, Doc motions to the new arrival, who appears like a cyborg cowboy.

"This is my nephew, a D'Norr Techno Wizard from Arzno."
Doc Olliday
Doc Olliday
Pace: 6; Parry: 2 Toughness: <10>(<0>)
  • na
Wounds: 0/3 ; Fatigue: 0/2 ; ISP/PPE: 15/15
Adventure Cards
  • 52: Payback
    Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • 38: Folk Hero
    Play after you save a group of people from dire circumstances. The community adopts you and your party as local heroes, and you can always find aid there.
  • #: Card - Effect
Doc Olliday
Edit Signature
Wince

Post by Wince »

The Cybered Cowboy stolls into the room. Sweeping his hat from his head, the armored mask in front of his face disappears. Setting the hat on the table, he also takes off his gauntlets and the rest of cybered look disappears. He does wear a duster similar to his uncle, Doc Olliday.

Those looking at Doc realize that he is no longer wearing his paired sidearms. Any close scrutiny would surmise that Wince now wears the fabled Thunderer and Lightning.

"Thank you Doc. Folks call me Wince. Please to meet all of you."

Seeing that greetings have been made, Doc excuses himself and closes the door behind him but not before tossing his calling card on the table, a black joker with a large red medical cross on it. "Services are always available to the 24th."
Danny

Post by Danny »

Danny scooped up the card @Doc Olliday had dropped on the table. The doc had been so invaluable that he had forgotten he was merly contracted out by Helga out of Kingsdale. Danny didn’t like saying goodbye. ” Doc... I appreciate the card and you bringing your nephew... But truth is, we wouldn’t have made it out of Serenty if it weren't for you.” The big Grackle smiled sheepishly, ”Ahh, I forgot you were not Legion or I would have asked you to join us permanently. I understand if you can’t stick with us, but I got to ask if you would.”
Danny Stat Block
Skills of note:

Bennies 4/3
+1 benny for rp
Doc Olliday

Post by Doc Olliday »

Doc respected Danny, Sig, and Lance. Hell the shit storm they had been through in the last few months, well they had made it through and there were tales to be told and victories to celebrate.

Doc turned and looked the room over thoroughly, " @Danny , Kingsdale has some very large wounds that need to be healed. I have given my nephew @Wince, all your respective health care data. He is not a surgeon but he can certainly patch you up and radio me for help should something more serious arise."

"Just for you I amde sure your walk-in closests are fully stocked. I have been given permission to access that part of the warehouse to keep you up to date on recent fashions."

"There maybe time for me to join you all in a few months. But my patients come first."
Doc Olliday
Doc Olliday
Pace: 6; Parry: 2 Toughness: <10>(<0>)
  • na
Wounds: 0/3 ; Fatigue: 0/2 ; ISP/PPE: 15/15
Adventure Cards
  • 52: Payback
    Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • 38: Folk Hero
    Play after you save a group of people from dire circumstances. The community adopts you and your party as local heroes, and you can always find aid there.
  • #: Card - Effect
Doc Olliday
Edit Signature
Serival Drumm

Post by Serival Drumm »

Serival looks up at Danny with an expression of unoffended amusement, and nods when Niyol speaks. "This fellow has the right of it; I am Serival Drumm, freshly assigned to this team. Afraid I don't know about your armor. My understanding is that they are going to be converting the 24th to an AAT, at least in the near future, so I suspect that was why I was brought in. A pleasure to make both your acquaintance." He stands to shake hands with both individuals, and then nods to Steel, as well.

He then simply steps back as Doc enters and makes his announcement, letting Danny and Doc have their farewell with as little spectation as possible.
Serival Drumm
OOC Comments
Skills:
Persuasion d6 (Free Re-roll; +2 Networking); Common Knowledge d4 (+2 Forgery, +2 Shady Characters)
Stealth d10 (+2 Armor, Urban +2); Hacking d6; Athletics d6 (Urban Climb +2, Pads +4, Grapple Gun +2/+4); Thievery d10+1 (+1 vs. Electronics)
Edges:
Charismatic; Electronics Security Expert; Streetwise; Thief; Ace; Concentration; Master of Magic
Hindrances: Cautious, Mild-Mannered, Major Vengeful, Major Sensitive, Major D-Bee, Major Wanted (CS, Federation, others)
Powers (Personal): Reveal Night's Secrets, Arcane Analysis/Aura Suppression, Unweaving, Titan's Grasp, Suborn, Kiss of Morpheus, Faerie Ruckus/Hush, Scale with Ease
Powers (Gear, no Modifiers): Night's Embrace, Wings of Night, Stealth Mode, Cloaking, Universal Translator, Agony, Paralysis
Gear:
Arzno TWA-1500 Incursion EBA (+4A/+2T; EBA gives +4 vs. Hazards; Camo Mode; Concealable; Retractable Short Swords (Str+d6); Silver knuckledusters (Str+d4 Silver); Multi-Optics Helm: Ignore Illumination, Offset 2 Range, +1 Shooting Calibration; 1 PPE/Hr)
Neural Mace (Str+d6+4 Non-Lethal Damage, Touch Attack +2, Vigor -2/-4 or Stunned)
Whip of Pain (Str+d4 MD AP 2; Reach 2; Activation 1 PPE; 2 PPE cast Agony with attack roll)
Paralysis Staff (Str+2d4 MD Silver; Activation 1 PPE; 3 PPE cast Paralysis with attack roll)
Misc. Thief Tools, IRMSS
Innate Intangibility: Become intangible (as Power) for 1 round, with no roll or PPE; has 1-round cooldown
40 PPE (Glass Powers only); Recharges as Serival does, also may be recharged directly by Serival
Powers (may use Modifiers): House of Glass; Reflect & Deflect; Mask of Deceit; Concealment; Mystic Portal
Danny

Post by Danny »

Danny shook @Serival Drumm’s hand with a claw. He frowned showing a bit of his teeth, ”An ATT huh? I know a fair bit about magic, more about what lies between towns... I’ll miss Kingsdale though. Messing with those killer clowns was fun.” He sighed remembering the upstart gang, ”Ah well, guess good things have to end. But yeah, I fought with Tolkien during the war. On the western front and picked up a bit of mystical know how. Can’t use it of course myself.” He smiled clearly comfortable with his own short comings.

One more glance at the path Doc had beaten and wondered if he should have followed. Ahh well... Looks like Sig and I got to break in the new troops. He looked at his nephew @Wince and offered a hand as well, ”You got some big shoes to fill... Don’t try but instead make your own.” He wasn’t new to changing personnel, heck even in Kingsdale the team had dwindled to four. Still though after the war he had hoped for stability.
Danny Stat Block
Skills of note:

Bennies 4/3
+1 benny for rp
Serival Drumm

Post by Serival Drumm »

Serival nods to Danny. "Oh, yes, I remember. Your presence alone was often enough to break morale in the enemy." Especially when I would leave video images of that photo shoot on the sergeants' communicators, with the logo, "This is coming for you, boys." Aloud, he continues. "I've never been much for the scholarly study of the Art, having been instructed first in a more intuitive approach, then in the practical applications necessary for my assignment, so your expertise will be very handy, I am sure--as will your prowess when the situation goes awry."

He then turns to face Wince as Danny greets the other newcomer, and nods to his fellow D'norr. "Well met." He extends his hand to Wince in turn. "Serival Drumm."
Serival Drumm
OOC Comments
Skills:
Edges:
Gear:
Misc. Thief Tools, IRMSS
Niyol Dreamwalker

Niyol returns to his spot next to Steel after shaking Serival's hand. When Doc and Wince enter, he stares bemusedly between the two until he recognizes Wince as the one from his dream. Not wanting to be rude, Niyol lets Danny and Doc finish their conversation.

When @Serival Drumm introduces himself to @Wince, Niyol's eye ridges shoot up towards his forehead and he whispers, "Shadow-walker."

He collects himself quickly and nods at Wince, "Well met, friend. I am Niyol Dreamwalker. It seems we have all gathered now except for the one called @Sig. I hope is all well with him, he should have arrived with Danny..."
    Bloodthirsty
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Serival Drumm

Post by Serival Drumm »

OOC Comments
Notice [dice:2ua4nqfu]57963:0[/dice:2ua4nqfu] ACE [dice:2ua4nqfu]57963:2[/dice:2ua4nqfu]
Wild Notice [dice:2ua4nqfu]57963:1[/dice:2ua4nqfu]
Serival's head comes up with a snap, looking at Niyol with a bemused expression. "Been awhile since I heard that name. I thought everyone who knew it died when the CS rolled into Minnesota."
Serival Drumm
OOC Comments
Skills:
Edges:
Gear:
Misc. Thief Tools, IRMSS
Niyol Dreamwalker

Serival Drumm wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:34 pm Serival's head comes up with a snap, looking at Niyol with a bemused expression. "Been awhile since I heard that name. I thought everyone who knew it died when the CS rolled into Minnesota."
"Dreams show me many things, @Serival Drumm. In some, the difference between dream and nightmare was your presence," Niyol explains, "As to my survival, I saw my path before I walked it. Two of the other seers and myself gathered small groups of civilians just before all was lost. Then we left to walk those paths which we each had seen."
    Bloodthirsty
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Sig

Post by Sig »

Castle Refuge/Briefing Room
Morning
Round 0

The door opened and a large grackletooth filled the doorway. He seemed armed to the teeth, with combat hammers, plasma ejector, rocket launcher, and grenades. He glanced around the room.

“Sorry I’m late. Personnel was all messed up. They sent me transfer orders, and then realized they made a mistake and couldn’t remember where they were supposed to stick me.” He sighed. He hadn’t minded too much. The lady grackle working the desk was rather attractive, intelligent, and amiable. Too bad he was shipping out and couldn’t get a date -- or something quicker and more shallow.

“Well, obviously didn’t miss anything.” He noted no brass in the room as he settled against he wall across the angle from the big cyborg.

Character Tracker
Sig Character Sheet
Parry:9 (-1 cover); Toughness: Melee: 22 (8)/Ranged: 24 (10)
Arcane Resistance/Improved: Arcane skills targeting the hero suffer a −4 penalty (even if cast by allies!); magical damage is reduced by 4.
Assassin: +2 to damage foes when Vulnerable or assassin has The Drop.
Block/Improved: +2 Parry, ignore 2 points of Gang Up bonuses.
Brawny: Strength +1 die type for encumbrance
Brave: +2 vs. Fear, -2 to rolls on Fear table
Dodge: -2 to all ranged attacks against him unless surprised.
Combat Reflexes: +2 Spirit to recover from being Shaken or Stunned.
Improved Arcane Resistance: +4 Armor vs. magic, +4 to resist magic
Improved Nerves of Steel: Ignore 2 Wound modifiers
Soldier: Free reroll on Vigor vs. environmental hazards; Strength +1 die type for encumbrance
Iron Jaw: +2 to Soak and Vigor rolls to avoid Knockout Blows.
Prehensile Tail: Extra non-movement action. Ignore 2 points of MAP
Titan Belt: +2 Size, +4 Toughness, +2 die types Strength
Thunderer: 8/8 x 2 reloads (8)
Plasma Ejector: 48/48 x 2 reloads (48)
NG-59 Ion Pistol: 20/20 x 2 reloads (20)
  • Grenade: AP 1/1
NG-LG6: 20/20
  • Grenades: Plasma 6/6
Rockets Launcher: 4 mini-missiles
IRMS: 4/4
First Aid Kit: 2/3
Rations: 7
Bennies: 5/4
Adventure Card:
  • Peace: Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • Ace: Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
  • Turncoat: Your hero somehow convinces or bribes a minor foe to perform a small favor—such as helping the hero escape, revealing the location of the “boss,” etc.

Loadout
  • Main Weapon (hand): Thunderer Combat Hammer
    • 2 reloads
  • Backup Melee Weapon (hip/tail): Vibrosword
  • Backup Melee Weapon (boot/tail): Vibroknife
  • Long arm (back): Pulse Plasma Ejector
    • 2 reloads
  • Spare longarm (back): NG-LG6
    • Grenades: Plasma x 6
  • Sidearm (hip/tail): Ion Pistol/integral grenade launcher
    • 2 reloads
    • Armor Piercing grenade
  • Rocket Launcher (back): Loaded standard
    • Standard rocket x 2
    • Anti-vehicle rocket x 2
  • Chest rig
    • Plasma grenade x 3
    • High explosive grenade x 3
    • Armor Piercing grenade x 3
    • Frag grenade x 2
    • Big Bore reload
  • Triarius Heavy Armor
  • Titan Belt
  • Trauma kit
  • Survival Pack
  • Kingsdale security badge
  • Kingsdale wi-fi access chip (in armor)
Character Tracker
Sig Character Sheet
Parry:10 (-1 cover); Toughness: Melee: 20 (8)/Ranged: 22 (10)
Assassin: +2 damage vs unaware
Battle Hardened: +2 Soak
Brave: +2 vs. Fear
Combat Reflexes: +2 to unshake
I Know a Guy
Improved Arcane Resistance: +4 Armor vs. magic, +4 to resist magic
Improved Nerves of Steel: Ignore 2 Wound modifiers
Prehensile Tail: Extra non-movement action, no MAP
Titan Belt: +2 Size, +4 Toughness, +2 die types Strength
Thunderer: 7/8 x 2 reloads (8)
Plasma Ejector: 48/48 x 2 reloads (48)
NG-59 Ion Pistol: 18/20 x 2 reloads (20)
  • Grenade: AP 1/1
NG-LG6: 20/20
  • Grenades: Plasma 6/6
Rockets Launcher: 2 normal rockets, 2 anti-vehicle rockets
IRMS: 4/4
First Aid Kit: 2/3
Rations: 14
Bennies: 6/4
Adventure Card:
  • Peace: Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • Ace: Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
  • Turncoat: Your hero somehow convinces or bribes a minor foe to perform a small favor—such as helping the hero escape, revealing the location of the “boss,” etc.

Loadout
  • Main Weapon (hand): Thunderer Combat Hammer
    • 2 reloads
  • Backup Melee Weapon (hip/tail): Vibrosword
  • Backup Melee Weapon (boot/tail): Vibroknife
  • Long arm (back): Pulse Plasma Ejector
    • 2 reloads
  • Spare longarm (back): NG-LG6
    • Grenades: Plasma x 6
  • Sidearm (hip/tail): Ion Pistol/integral grenade launcher
    • 2 reloads
    • Armor Piercing grenade
  • Rocket Launcher (back): Loaded standard
    • Standard rocket x 2
    • Anti-vehicle rocket x 2
  • Chest rig
    • Plasma grenade x 3
    • High explosive grenade x 3
    • Armor Piercing grenade x 3
    • Frag grenade x 2
    • Big Bore reload
  • Triarius Heavy Armor
  • Titan Belt
  • Trauma kit
  • Survival Pack
  • Kingsdale security badge
  • Kingsdale wi-fi access chip (in armor)

Canyonero SUV
  • Size 4
  • Acc/TS 20/40
  • Toughness 27(16)
  • Remaining Mods 3
  • Notes: All-Terrain, Handling 1, Sensor Suite, M.D.C. Armor
  • Mini Rail Gun (can be made Fixed to get +1 Mod back)
    • Damage: 2d8+4 AP 6
    • Range: 75/150/300
    • ROF 4
    • Shots: 32

[/list]

Shopping list
Stun grenades
Smoke grenades
EMP grenades
Rockets
Vehicle mods
Loot
Kittani Automated Rifle (Vehicular Light Laser, Pace 8, Danger Sense, Marksman, Super-Tech, needs repair)
TK Revolver
Portable Rocket Launcher
Vibrosword
Vibroknife
Niyol Dreamwalker

Niyol is delighted that everyone is now present and accounted for mostly as forseen, "Ha-ha! The much-awaited @Sig, I see. I expected you much sooner, but I'm glad to see we've all made it to the meeting safely. I wonder what mess we've been called here to clean up?"
    Bloodthirsty
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature

Return to “24th COT Adventure Forum”