Epilogue

Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Epilogue

Post by Stoic »

While his first shot misses the mark, Doc's next shot strikes true, hitting the approaching man right in the head. The man slumps to his knees and a moment later you hear a terrific CRRRAAAACCCCK as something tears from his body. You can barely bare to look at it, but the few glimpses you get show an enormous swarm of flying insects, glowing a pale green. You hear a buzzing in your head that barely manages to form words. "THE VESSELL IS DESTROYEDDDDDDD. THE BLOOD MOON SHALL RISE AND THEN OUR TIME TO RETURN WILL BE UPON..." The voices suddenly drops, and the insects blink out. The sky fades from green into a peaceful blue. The undead are back on the ground, and as you look towards the assembled villagers, you see that they are all dead, pools of blood collecting around various self-inflicted wounds.

Instructions
You did it. You took out the BBEG and saved the world. Please take time for an interlude and describe the horrors you see on your way back to town, the reception Helga gives you, how the Tomorrow Legion responds. Just make sure to include Helga's Dwarf husband slipping each of you a cool 1,000,000 credits, and each make two rolls on an equipment table (Body Armor, Close Ranged Weapons, Cybernetics, Enchanted Items, Ranged Weapons). Alternately, you can trade-in your two rolls to picka result. Whoever is keeping the Rune Hammer (if anyone) only gets one roll. At this point, I would like for you all to convert your characters to SWADE. I understand that it is still a work in progress and there may be additional changes coming, but since you are all M.A.R.S. Builds I don't think the changes will be as severe. Alternatively if you would like, you can make a different character, including the new Arcane and Mysticism book. Again we may have some changes coming down, but hopefully they won't be that bad. If there are any questions or concerns, please let me know.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Sig

Re: Epilogue

Post by Sig »

[dice:10k3l9k3]57079:0[/dice:10k3l9k3] - +1 embedded Toughness

Largo/Barn
Morning
Round 0

Sig blinked, staring at the carnage around them, the dead villagers and the zombies.

“Well, fuck. This is a PR nightmare,” he muttered. “Who’s taking care of all the bodies? Not it!”

In the end, it was easier, just to pull everyone into the barn and set it on fire.

As they were loading up back into the Canyonero, Sig studied the Runehammer in his hands. It would be a shame to leave it behind for some other evildoer to find. Maybe he could get someone in Kingsdale to look it over, tell him what it did.

Helga takes the description of a village full of dead cultists in stride. “Don’t worry. We’ve got some spare CS gear. We can send someone out and scatter it around so it won’t look like the Tomorrow Legion just slaughtered a village,” she assured Sig.

She was happy the situation was resolved, and her dwarf husband slipped Sig a million credits for the job well done, as well as a choice of some nice gear.

Character Tracker
Sig Character Sheet
Parry:10 (-1 cover); Toughness: Melee: 22 (8)/Ranged: 24 (10)
Assassin: +2 damage vs unaware
Battle Hardened: +2 Soak
Brave: +2 vs. Fear
Combat Reflexes: +2 to unshake
I Know a Guy
Improved Arcane Resistance: +4 Armor vs. magic, +4 to resist magic
Improved Nerves of Steel: Ignore 2 Wound modifiers
Prehensile Tail: Extra non-movement action, no MAP
Titan Belt: +2 Size, +4 Toughness, +2 die types Strength
Thunderer: 7/8 x 2 reloads (8)
Plasma Ejector: 48/48 x 2 reloads (48)
NG-59 Ion Pistol: 18/20 x 2 reloads (20)
  • Grenade: AP 1/1
NG-LG6: 20/20
  • Grenades: Plasma 6/6
Rockets Launcher: 2 normal rockets, 2 anti-vehicle rockets
IRMS: 4/4
First Aid Kit: 2/3
Rations: 14
Bennies: 5/4
Adventure Card:
  • Peace: Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • Ace: Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
  • Turncoat: Your hero somehow convinces or bribes a minor foe to perform a small favor—such as helping the hero escape, revealing the location of the “boss,” etc.

Loadout
  • Main Weapon (hand): Thunderer Combat Hammer
    • 2 reloads
  • Backup Melee Weapon (hip/tail): Vibrosword
  • Backup Melee Weapon (boot/tail): Vibroknife
  • Long arm (back): Pulse Plasma Ejector
    • 2 reloads
  • Spare longarm (back): NG-LG6
    • Grenades: Plasma x 6
  • Sidearm (hip/tail): Ion Pistol/integral grenade launcher
    • 2 reloads
    • Armor Piercing grenade
  • Rocket Launcher (back): Loaded standard
    • Standard rocket x 2
    • Anti-vehicle rocket x 2
  • Chest rig
    • Plasma grenade x 3
    • High explosive grenade x 3
    • Armor Piercing grenade x 3
    • Frag grenade x 2
    • Big Bore reload
  • Triarius Heavy Armor
  • Titan Belt
  • Trauma kit
  • Survival Pack
  • Kingsdale security badge
  • Kingsdale wi-fi access chip (in armor)

Canyonero SUV
  • Size 4
  • Acc/TS 20/40
  • Toughness 27(16)
  • Remaining Mods 3
  • Notes: All-Terrain, Handling 1, Sensor Suite, M.D.C. Armor
  • Mini Rail Gun (can be made Fixed to get +1 Mod back)
    • Damage: 2d8+4 AP 6
    • Range: 75/150/300
    • ROF 4
    • Shots: 32

[/list]

Shopping list
Stun grenades
Smoke grenades
EMP grenades
Rockets
Vehicle mods
Loot
Kittani Automated Rifle (Vehicular Light Laser, Pace 8, Danger Sense, Marksman, Super-Tech, needs repair)
TK Revolver
Portable Rocket Launcher
Vibrosword
Vibroknife
Character Tracker
Sig Character Sheet
Parry:10 (-1 cover); Toughness: Melee: 20 (8)/Ranged: 22 (10)
Assassin: +2 damage vs unaware
Battle Hardened: +2 Soak
Brave: +2 vs. Fear
Combat Reflexes: +2 to unshake
I Know a Guy
Improved Arcane Resistance: +4 Armor vs. magic, +4 to resist magic
Improved Nerves of Steel: Ignore 2 Wound modifiers
Prehensile Tail: Extra non-movement action, no MAP
Titan Belt: +2 Size, +4 Toughness, +2 die types Strength
Thunderer: 7/8 x 2 reloads (8)
Plasma Ejector: 48/48 x 2 reloads (48)
NG-59 Ion Pistol: 18/20 x 2 reloads (20)
  • Grenade: AP 1/1
NG-LG6: 20/20
  • Grenades: Plasma 6/6
Rockets Launcher: 2 normal rockets, 2 anti-vehicle rockets
IRMS: 4/4
First Aid Kit: 2/3
Rations: 14
Bennies: 6/4
Adventure Card:
  • Peace: Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • Ace: Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
  • Turncoat: Your hero somehow convinces or bribes a minor foe to perform a small favor—such as helping the hero escape, revealing the location of the “boss,” etc.

Loadout
  • Main Weapon (hand): Thunderer Combat Hammer
    • 2 reloads
  • Backup Melee Weapon (hip/tail): Vibrosword
  • Backup Melee Weapon (boot/tail): Vibroknife
  • Long arm (back): Pulse Plasma Ejector
    • 2 reloads
  • Spare longarm (back): NG-LG6
    • Grenades: Plasma x 6
  • Sidearm (hip/tail): Ion Pistol/integral grenade launcher
    • 2 reloads
    • Armor Piercing grenade
  • Rocket Launcher (back): Loaded standard
    • Standard rocket x 2
    • Anti-vehicle rocket x 2
  • Chest rig
    • Plasma grenade x 3
    • High explosive grenade x 3
    • Armor Piercing grenade x 3
    • Frag grenade x 2
    • Big Bore reload
  • Triarius Heavy Armor
  • Titan Belt
  • Trauma kit
  • Survival Pack
  • Kingsdale security badge
  • Kingsdale wi-fi access chip (in armor)

Canyonero SUV
  • Size 4
  • Acc/TS 20/40
  • Toughness 27(16)
  • Remaining Mods 3
  • Notes: All-Terrain, Handling 1, Sensor Suite, M.D.C. Armor
  • Mini Rail Gun (can be made Fixed to get +1 Mod back)
    • Damage: 2d8+4 AP 6
    • Range: 75/150/300
    • ROF 4
    • Shots: 32

[/list]

Shopping list
Stun grenades
Smoke grenades
EMP grenades
Rockets
Vehicle mods
Loot
Kittani Automated Rifle (Vehicular Light Laser, Pace 8, Danger Sense, Marksman, Super-Tech, needs repair)
TK Revolver
Portable Rocket Launcher
Vibrosword
Vibroknife
Doc Olliday

Post by Doc Olliday »

Doc of course investigated the entire scene, all the dead and undead. Shaking his head at such an extensive loss of life, he tries to draw conclusions that would satisfy the curious. In the end he agrees to the burning the bodies and removing Roger the Trimadore before doing so.

His recommendations to Helga include an extraction of TW gear in the town of serenity. He also suggests that the town buildings be leveled and everything should beturned over and under. It should look like a road runs through some fields, some untended fields.

Doc even goes so far as to gather the city signs and store them in the warehouse's garage. He helps erase any trace of the little town.
Doc Olliday
Doc Olliday
Pace: 6; Parry: 2 Toughness: <10>(<0>)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • na
Wounds: 0/3 ; Fatigue: 0/2 ; ISP/PPE: 15/15
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards
  • 52: Payback
    Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • 38: Folk Hero
    Play after you save a group of people from dire circumstances. The community adopts you and your party as local heroes, and you can always find aid there.
  • #: Card - Effect
Doc Olliday
Edit Signature
Danny

Post by Danny »

Danny nodded and headed back to Kingsdale without a word leaving his grackle pack in a few pieces. It had taken the life... No helped me take a life, its no good now. Clutched in his grackle hands was a crest fallen box of chocolates. It seemed like Doc, and Sig had it well in hand. Nothing left for Danny but head back and see if Derrick had any family.
Danny Stat Block
Attributes: Agility d12(+2 from IF, 2), Smarts d8(1 FG,1), Spirit d8(2), Strength d8(2 race), Vigor d12(1 Race, 3 advances)
Pace: 6 d6 ; Parry:4 ; Toughness:13(3) Strain: 0
Edges of note: Fame, quick, level headed, improved level headed, deadshot, champion, elan, sharpshooter, trick-shot, steady hands, tail(ignore 2 pts of map), danger sense, quick draw
Skills of note:
Shooting: 1d12+2
Survival: d8
Notice: d6
Stealth: d8

Hindrences:Curious, Heroic, shame (minor), Vengful(minor), Stuff ain’t made for me, Issues with the cold, overconfident
Bennies 4/3
+1 benny for rp
Lance

Post by Lance »

Shortly after the battle, Lance announces that he is leaving. "I have been called back to the Siege Perilous; Merlin needeth my assistance. If I am able, I shall returneth at some time." With a shout, he jumps onto Steed's back, and rides off into the night.
Lance
OOC Comments
Dog-Boy Techno-Warrior
Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d10, Strength d12, Vigor d8
Charisma: 0 (but effectively +2); Parry: 7; Toughness: 18 (8) or Ranged 22 (12)
Fighting d12+6, Shooting d8, Riding d12+1, Notice d4+2 (+4 Scent/Vision), Repair d4, Tracking d6+4, Streetwise d6+2, Persuasion d6+2, Survival d4+4, K: Politics d8
Edges: Danger Sense, Beast Master, Nerves of Steel, Quick, Improvisational Fighter, Trademark Weapon (Drill), Imp. Counterattack
Hindrances: Code of Honor, Minor Delusion (Knighthood), Quirk (Faux-Courtly Speech), Outsider
Preferred Attacks:
  • Primary Attack: Drill, Fighting d12+6, Strength (d12) + 2d6 MD, AP 10, Reach 1 (if needed)
    Mounted Attack: Drill, Mounted Lance Mode, Fighting d12+6, Strength (d12) +2d6, AP 12, Reach 2
    Hard Target: Drill, Fighting d12+6, Strength (d12) +2d6 MD, Ignores Armor (Full Round Action, only vs. Vehicles/RA/Inanimate objects)
    Ranged Attack: Shooting d8, Portable Rocket Launcher (5d6 AP 6 SBT) or JA-9 Variable Rifle (3d6+1 AP 3)
Cybernetics (12/14 Strain):
  • EDS, Optics Package, Core Electronics Package, Wilderness Scout Package, x2 Wired Skill Ports (4-step Fighting, Riding), HtH Reaction Wiring, Reinforced Frame, Cy-Wi Reflexes, Drill
Bennies: 3/3
  • Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Cutting In Line Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.
    Inspiration Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round.
“Steed” (Heavy Warhorse with Cybernetics)
[list] Agility 6; Smarts d4 (A); Spirit d6; Strength d12+2; Vigor d10
[*]Fighting d8; Notice d6
[*]Pace 10/d10; Parry 6; Toughness 22 (12 MDC)
[*]Size +3
[*]Kick: Strength +2d6 MD [/list]
Danny

Post by Danny »

Freemage wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:28 pm Shortly after the battle, Lance announces that he is leaving. "I have been called back to the Siege Perilous; Merlin needeth my assistance. If I am able, I shall returneth at some time." With a shout, he jumps onto Steed's back, and rides off into the night.
Lance... Good luck friend. We,coukd have done a photo shoot together. Me, bare chested riding on your steed.
Danny waved good bye perhaps too late to do any good.
Danny Stat Block
Attributes: Agility d12(+2 from IF, 2), Smarts d8(1 FG,1), Spirit d8(2), Strength d8(2 race), Vigor d12(1 Race, 3 advances)
Pace: 6 d6 ; Parry:4 ; Toughness:13(3) Strain: 0
Edges of note: Fame, quick, level headed, improved level headed, deadshot, champion, elan, sharpshooter, trick-shot, steady hands, tail(ignore 2 pts of map), danger sense, quick draw
Skills of note:
Shooting: 1d12+2
Survival: d8
Notice: d6
Stealth: d8

Hindrences:Curious, Heroic, shame (minor), Vengful(minor), Stuff ain’t made for me, Issues with the cold, overconfident
Bennies 4/3
+1 benny for rp

Return to “24th COT Adventure Forum”