The Bleak Tome - Church of Harmony

Alex

Re: The Bleak Tome - Church of Harmony

Post by Alex »

Alex looked over at yet another new guy wondering where he had come from for the second or third time. Nixie was cradled in his kid like arms. His ex-best friend @Everett Jackson had given a half hearted apology for going after Gill like he had been out of style. Thanks Everette I’ll drag Nixie and my inert PA to a repair shop by myself.

Still his child like wonder could not be abated... He slid near @Kidemonas and whispered, “Hey, I am Alex. What is up with you? You got like special powers, maybe mega stength... Are you a hero like me? Realistic like Gaspard? Or a jerk like Dom?” The kid jerked his thumb toward Gaspard, and Dom in turn. “As long as you are not a jerk, do you want to be friends?”
Alex Stat Block
Attributes: Agility d8(2), Smarts d10(2Mars, 1), Spirit d6(1), Strength d4(0) {1d12+4}, Vigor d8+[2]( [d10](1, 1 advance)
Charisma: 2; Pace: 10; Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 20(10)[1] MDC; Strain: 0
Combat Edges: Elan, rock and roll, [fearless], [Battle hardened]
Powers Weird Science: Detect/conceal(25/25), Blast(25/25), Dispel(25/25), smite(25/25)
Bennies
6/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
+1 loot organization
Alex Weapon
WI-GL20 Automatic
Damage: By grenade type: plasma 3d10 SBT, 60/120/240, shots 40, rof: 3
Weight: 75
Snapfire, RoF uses one grenade per shot.
Smite Power Attached to it with an Electricity Trapping ( Mega Version is Available as well)
Alex Armor
  • Triax T-31 Super Trooper: Size 1, +10 M.D.C. Armor, +2 Toughness, Strength d12+4, Pace 7.
    Notes: Jet Boosters (Jump 12” horizontal, 6” vertical)
    • „
    • 2 × Rocket Launchers (shoulders). They only fire the F4 Fusion Block missiles (Range 15/30/60, Damage 6d6, RoF 1, AP 25, Mega Damage, SBT). Each launcher has two missiles
    • „ „ 2×Mounted Rocket Launchers (legs)Left anti-vehicle(4d6 AP11), right normal(5d6 AP6) SBT. 100/200/400, RoF 1, shots 2
      „„
    • 3 × MAE-3 (“Maysies”) Hand Charges. The Maysies are thrown or placed (Range 5/10/20, Damage 3d8, RoF 1, AP 10, Mega Damage, SBT)
      • Fusion Missiles are $3K each. The MAE-3 cost $750.
    • „ „ Vibro-Sword (right arm)
      „„
    • 2 × Laser Torches (each palm). The laser torches can be used in combat (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Alex wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:05 pm Still his child like wonder could not be abated... He slid near @Kidemonas and whispered, “Hey, I am Alex. What is up with you? You got like special powers, maybe mega stength... Are you a hero like me? Realistic like Gaspard? Or a jerk like Dom?” The kid jerked his thumb toward Gaspard, and Dom in turn. “As long as you are not a jerk, do you want to be friends?”
Kidemonas looks over to the young man and is instantly excited to talk about his favorite subject. "I am a dragon, and a great hero like yourself. I ran with the 3rd SET for a long time. I think you and I have actually met once while you were living another life after your initial rescue. When the Black Company sent you all to Refuge you went through a town called Garnet Town. I am not surprised you do not remember me though, I was in my true form then, a great and powerful horned dragon. But I would have though my name would have been enough for you to remember."
(reference)

"So yes, we will definitely be friends, for we are both HEROES."
Heather Todd

Post by Heather Todd »

Merctown/Temple of Harmony
Evening
Round 0

“Yes, keep Nixie secured,” Heather told Alex. “But you can keep an eye on her. Dom, and whoever has the knowledge, start hacking that dragon into pieces. I’m going topside to contact the authorities, let them know it’s okay for them to come down and start cleaning up this mess.”

Heather started up the stairs, pulling out her communicator to call the MercTown authorities.
Keeping/Armed
Stealth armor (12)
Overcoat (5)
Grenades (3) (1 HE, 2 Plasma, 9 frag)=20
Survival pack and field computer (2) (in room)
Leaving in Locker
Flaming Sword
Shard Pistol
Fireburst rifle
1 High Explosive grenade
11 Fragmentation grenades
2 Plasma grenades
Mission
Find information on how to destroy the Bleak Tome.
Destroy the Bleak Tome.
Find who stole the book needed to destroy the Bleak Tome.
Character Tracker

Telekinesis (10 tons)(8r)
In cover in doorway
Mind Link with Nixie (594r)
Exalted Detect Arcana Presence Sense (3r)

Heather Todd Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 16 (8)
ISP: 2/40
Bennies: 3/3
Shard Pistol: 12/12 shots
Armor: 10/10 PP
Fireburst Rifle: 20/20 shots
First aid kit: 3/3
Powers: bolt, conceal arcana*, detect arcana*, empathy (free reroll), fear (free reroll), fly*, invisibility (armor), mind link, mind reading, puppet, slumber, telekinesis (auto raise)
Encumbrance: 36.75/20 (including pack, 56.75/20, -2 Pace, running, Agility-linked skills, Vigor to resist Fatigue)(Normal: Armor 13, Coat 5, 4 Grenades 2=20)
Major Psionic: May spend 2 ISP to gain +1 to the roll, or 4 ISP for +2.
Master of Psionics: Mind Melters get a free reroll on all Trait rolls when using psychic abilities and their Psionics skill; this does not allow Critical Failures to be rerolled.
Mental Resistance: Melters have +4 to all checks to resist psionic effects, and +4 armor against psionic damage..
Grenades (carried)
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 9 Fragmentation
  • 2 Plasma
Loadout
Stealth armor
Shard pistol
Field computer
Flaming sword
Overcoat
Shopping List
Hand scanner
Stun grenades
Smoke grenades
AP grenades
EMP grenades
Character Tracker
Heather Todd Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 14 (6)
ISP: 30/30
Armor: 10/10 PP
Bennies: 4/3
Encumbrance: 28/28 (including pack, 70.75/28, -2 Agility and Strength skills)
Major Psionic: Mind Melters have the Major Psionic Edge and can spend 2 ISP to gain a +1 with any Psionic skill roll, or 4 ISP for a +2 (paid before the roll is made). These effects are doubled when on a ley line.
Mental Resistance/Mentalist: +6 vs Psionic effects, +4 Armor vs Psionic damage, +2 opposed Psionics rolls
Rapid Recharge: 1 ISP/30m
Grenades (carried)
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 1 Fragmentation
  • 2 Plasma
Shard Pistol: 36/36 shots
Fireburst Rifle: 20/20 shots
Adventure Card
  • Let’s Settle This: Play at the beginning of a combat round with no Jokers. No character can soak wounds until a Joker is drawn.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Alex looks over at @Heather Todd. She had betrayed his trust by controlling him. Maybe she did not have to ask me. But dominating me so thoroughly... Never again. But how could I even hope to stop her? Heather is increasingly powerful, she could make me kill myself without thinking twice. Despite his misgivings he had a job to do. He needed to get his armor fixed and Nixie some place safe where the people he traveled with namley @Dominic Skodati and @Everett Jackson could not kill her.

He turned his focus back to the big guy @Kidemonas trying to make up for not remembering him “Sorry... I am not really good with names. Could you help me with something. I need to get her, Nixie out of here back to our lodging. I also need to get my Power Armor out of here to. I had to turn it off during the fight for good reasons.” No sense telling everyone about his past dealings with spirits. “It is awefully heavy, but your dragon strngth could make quick work of it.” He smiled up at kid. “What do you say? I’ll even fill you in on what is going on with this group.”
Rob
I don’t think Alex was in that scene you referenced. He was affiliated with the 13th
Alex Stat Block
Attributes: Agility d8(2), Smarts d10(2Mars, 1), Spirit d6(1), Strength d4(0) {1d12+4}, Vigor d8+[2]( [d10](1, 1 advance)
Charisma: 2; Pace: 10; Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 20(10)[1] MDC; Strain: 0
Combat Edges: Elan, rock and roll, [fearless], [Battle hardened]
Powers Weird Science: Detect/conceal(25/25), Blast(25/25), Dispel(25/25), smite(25/25)
Bennies
6/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
+1 loot organization
Alex Weapon
WI-GL20 Automatic
Damage: By grenade type: plasma 3d10 SBT, 60/120/240, shots 40, rof: 3
Weight: 75
Snapfire, RoF uses one grenade per shot.
Smite Power Attached to it with an Electricity Trapping ( Mega Version is Available as well)
Alex Armor
  • Triax T-31 Super Trooper: Size 1, +10 M.D.C. Armor, +2 Toughness, Strength d12+4, Pace 7.
    Notes: Jet Boosters (Jump 12” horizontal, 6” vertical)
    • „
    • 2 × Rocket Launchers (shoulders). They only fire the F4 Fusion Block missiles (Range 15/30/60, Damage 6d6, RoF 1, AP 25, Mega Damage, SBT). Each launcher has two missiles
    • „ „ 2×Mounted Rocket Launchers (legs)Left anti-vehicle(4d6 AP11), right normal(5d6 AP6) SBT. 100/200/400, RoF 1, shots 2
      „„
    • 3 × MAE-3 (“Maysies”) Hand Charges. The Maysies are thrown or placed (Range 5/10/20, Damage 3d8, RoF 1, AP 10, Mega Damage, SBT)
      • Fusion Missiles are $3K each. The MAE-3 cost $750.
    • „ „ Vibro-Sword (right arm)
      „„
    • 2 × Laser Torches (each palm). The laser torches can be used in combat (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage
Marten

Post by Marten »

Marten grabs his side, grimacing at the pain. He thanks Adriana for her help, and apologies for his loss of will to the puppeteer. He seems indifferent to the dragons remains, but something does catch his eye. It's a silver TW Katana.
If no one objects, he takes it. Wow, he thinks. This is clearly superior to any other type of blade I've ever seen...
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Alex wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:31 pm He turned his focus back to the big guy @Kidemonas trying to make up for not remembering him “Sorry... I am not really good with names. Could you help me with something. I need to get her, Nixie out of here back to our lodging. I also need to get my Power Armor out of here to. I had to turn it off during the fight for good reasons.” No sense telling everyone about his past dealings with spirits. “It is awefully heavy, but your dragon strngth could make quick work of it.” He smiled up at kid. “What do you say? I’ll even fill you in on what is going on with this group.”
Rob
I don’t think Alex was in that scene you referenced. He was affiliated with the 13th
Nodding in affirmation Kidemonas assure the boy he would help him. "Sure, I would love to help you." Looking to Cotho, "Do you mind if I catch up with you after we see to this Nixie's safety?" He then looks at the armor, which would be near weightless to him. "Grabbing it as carefully as possible he helps move it to the boys current location and when ready out to where Alex needs it. "I have a radio, I am normally on legion standard, but if you have an encrypted channel please set it so I can catch up to the team." He says handing the radio over to whoever looks the most level headed in the room.

Pender
Yeah, those where BC rescue, I was mistaken, but you know what, I am rolling with it, and Kidemonas still made the mistake.
Pahi Oki

Post by Pahi Oki »

Pahi Oki would have slapped the kid @Alex silly, if he really understood the depts of what was going on.

Grenades and double crosses, made even less sense.

One thing that did make sense to him, was dragons. The second one down in two months and aparently a third one had just arrived.

His concern was for utilizing the dragon. Crafting was nothing new to him, but something this big would take time. Preservation was the key.

When the team actually gets to a final decision, they will have realized that Pahi Oki had spent the entireity of the conversation, taking measurements and an extensive inventory of the dead dragon.

"Many good pieces," he says pointing to the dragon carcass.

"Gather soon. Sooner than soon."

Return to “Adventure Archive”