The Bleak Tome - MercTown Arrival

Snake Eyes
Game Master

The Bleak Tome - MercTown Arrival

Post by Snake Eyes »

PRE-ARRIVAL

Digrig listens as several of the team recount various stories of battle, or even just a tidbit about where they came from. He takes particular glee at some of the jabs between Everett and Dom. "Yer guys must be real close. Best friends, yeah?"
The zone ranger barrels along towards MercTown for the remainder of the trip without incident. Digrig fills any empty space with jabbering along any topic, bad jokes, and a game of "eye spy."
The next morning, Digrig pulls the zone ranger to within a couple miles of the gates, running along a sizable ley line that leads directly to the nexus at the Collegiate A&M Guild. He turns to you all and requests some guidance. "Told yer at the castle, they ain't gonna let yer heavy gear through the gates. They scan yer when yer a ways out. Magic, psi, tech, everything. If yer hidin' something, yer better stow it now so they can't find it." He looks back casually at the crew, no one in particular, then faces forward again. "Whatcha want me to do? I can store it and wait outside. Just bring me an Old Granddad's, extra cheese, all the meats, 'chovies, olives, peppers. If yer prefer, they got a gear vault at the gate. Check yer big ugly weapons. I go in with yer. Yer got a ride around town. Still gettin' an Old Granddad's."
The discussion tends towards going through the gate peacefully just like every other heavily armed merc company in town, so Digrig kicks the ride into gear and lurches towards the gate.
Dom
If Dom is so inclined, he should hide his parcel now. Your roll to beat is below.

[dice:e5wg7kc4]48070:0[/dice:e5wg7kc4]
ARRIVAL
You see the town from quite a distance away. High walls and anti-aircraft emplacements break the landscape. As you approach, the town appears even better fortified. As you pull up to the gates, you are greeted by a sizable security force. They are well armed, but don't seem to be doing much more than a cursory questioning of vehicles with closed cargo spaces. The lead guard, a full conversion borg, stops at the driver's side. "Welcome to MercTown. You've been scanned by every magic, psionic, technical, and other means at our disposal on your approach. What's your business?"
Digrig beats everyone to the answer. "Mercs."
The 'borg chuckles. "Never heard that one before. First timer? Regular visitor? Rules don't change. Leave power armor, heavy weaponry including railguns and rocket launchers, long-barreled weapons like rifles, grenades and launchers, weapons of mass destruction, and contagious diseases at the gates. We've got vaults. Fuzzy kittens must be logged, tagged, and leashed. Causing trouble? Don't. Anyone you're mixing it up with is probably as well armed as you. We don't like cleanup." He peers through the windows as best he can. "Got anything that fits the bill? Besides kittens. That's a personal dislike, not town policy."
Digrig's face twists a little. "Yer said rifles get stowed? Since when?"
The 'borg looks back at him. "Since ever. You sneak a rifle past us last time?"
Digrig shakes his head vigorously. "Don't carry one. Just don't remember rifles part of the rule."
The 'borg shrugs. "I don't make the rules. Is what it is. Seen some of that Naruni gear? Don't need a rifle to put a hurt on. But they say no, so I say no."
With the presence of a suit of power armor in the vehicle, a few more of the heavily armed gate guards turn your way, but nobody seems to be on particularly high alert. They request Alex step out and remove the suit. Assuming he does so, a smaller human with one bionic arm and several facial scars ushers Alex towards a bunker building which houses the weapons check. He hands Alex a key card, roughly the size of a credstick. "Unique key coded to your locker, and your thumbprint. Access is available 24/7, but only on your way out, and only this vault. No power armor or 'nade launchers in the city." He notes the modifications on the suit. "Looks like you've loved on this suit. Don't worry kid. This vault is secure. Nobody's gettin' your stuff unless they burn us all down first." The same is done for anyone stowing heavy weaponry. Digrig also dismounts, carrying Sharlene into the vault.
anyone stowing gear
Please identify what you're leaving at the gate in an ooc tag, and what you'll be taking with you.
Key cards in hand, you mount back up. The 'borg who greeted you sends you on your way. "You can pull a city map off the broad-net. The city is open to visitors except Old Town. Permits are required, and no weapons at all are allowed in Old Town. Looks of you, probably not your speed. Drive safe. Enjoy."
Once you're through the gate, Digrig downloads the city map from the broad-net and brings it up on a display screen in the console.
Map of MercTown
"Where to? Mystic Quarter is here." He points to the blue area on the east side of town. "They got an Old Granddad's in the Spokes, just outside the Quarter. Maybe yer stop in there?"
Instructions
The world is your oyster. Every manner of shop, convenience, food item, or social hotspot has an open door in MercTown. Want Naruni tech? Titan Robotics? Need to spiff up your TW loadout? Just want to enjoy fine dining or even a simple pub? MercTown has it. If you want to head straight to meet your contact, Digrig will send a message to Lanasa. If you want to do other shopping, you can do it on your way. Get some RP in, let me know the plan, and we'll move on ASAP.
Beware the mesmerizing eyes of the snake!
12th AAT Bennies
12th AAT GM Bennies: 2/8
Wild Card Bennies:
Devak: 0/2
Varig: 0/2
Cole: 0/2
Prestige Unlimited Bennies
Prestige Unlimited GM Bennies: 5/5
Wild Card Bennies:
William Tack: 3
Kraig: 3
Vedder: 3
Shade: 3
Fletch: 3
Findriel: 0
Niels: 4
Dominic Skodati

Re: The Bleak Tome - MercTown Arrival

Post by Dominic Skodati »

Exalted Conceal Arcana 6
Spellcasting [dice:3vbwwz52]48103:0[/dice:3vbwwz52]
Wild [dice:3vbwwz52]48103:1[/dice:3vbwwz52]
Extra Effort: [dice:3vbwwz52]48103:2[/dice:3vbwwz52]
Dark Power: +2 (additional 3 power points expended)
As they prepare to enter MercTown, Dom takes a moment to suppress the mystical signature of the book. No need for a prying wizard to get a whiff of it. Of course, the bleak tome is a powerful magic item with an aura of unprecedented potency, concealing it is no easy matter. As Dom lays his hand on the book he gets a sudden and violent jolt of mystic backlash causing his hair to stand on end. Fighting through the feedback, Dom exerts the full force of his will and manages to keep his spell in tact, then he pushes further into his reserves channelling the feedback of dark magic from the book into his spell to make it stronger - essentially usings the book's powerful aura against itself. It was dangerous to toy with black magic, but it would be more dangerous to be asked too many questions at the front gate.

He packs the book next to his mask and other mystical items in his backpack hoping it will just look like any other magic item and not a tome of incredible destruction and doom - and hell maybe they won't care. Afterall, they let demons and dragons into this place what's a nefarious necromatic book?

Shaking his head and smoothing down his hair Dom squints and rubs his forehead, "I need a smoke."

When they reach the gate, Dom lets the driver do the talking and votes for finding their contact right away. This book was starting to be real trouble. "Let's get our business over with first. I mean, I like Grandad's, although it's got nothing on Spicy Tony's in Firetown. You can't really compare podunk Kentucky pizza to Chi-Town Deep Dish."
Gaspard Gillead

Post by Gaspard Gillead »

Gaspard speaks up. "If there's someplace we could pick up a communications band along the way, I would greatly appreciate making the stop." Once they pull over, he makes a quick trip into the shop and emerges with his purchase moments later.
Gaspard Gillead
Seasoned D'Norr Shifter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d10, Strength d4 (d8 in armor), Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 17 (8); Strain: 0; Corruption: 0
Skills:
Spellcasting d12; Fighting d4; Athletics d4
Academics d8; Research d10; Common Knowledge d6; Occult d8
Persuasion d6 (Free Re-roll, -1 outside Occult circles); Notice d6; Stealth d4
Edges: Charismatic, Horns, Bind the Summoned, Spell Mastery (Interrogation); Ley Line Magic Mastery; Ley Line Phasing; Ley Line Gate; Sense Rifts; Shift Reality; Linguist; Diabolist; Strong-Willed; Psychotically Brave; Investigator
Hindrances: Quirk (Sweet Tooth); Minor Enemy (Toben Heiros); Code of Honor; Sensitive; Alien Physiology; Disconnected
Powers (Personal): Return From Whence You Came; Mystic Armory; Mana Chill; Authority; Wings of the Demon; Mystic Interrogation; From Darkness Born; Rapid Transit; Expanded Awareness
Powers (Gear, no Modifiers): Nightmode, Magnification, Wall of Flame (May Use Damage Modifier), Universal Translator, Fortify Will (may use Greater Boost Modifier)
Special: Communication Rift; Dimension Sense
Gear
Soulguard (+2 Resistance to Corruption/mind control; Fortify Will Power)
Combat Mage Heavy EBA (+6A/+3T, +2 Strength Die-types)
Vibro-Knife (Str + d4 MD, AP 6)
Rift Staff (Str + d6, Parry +1, Manipulate Rifts +2, 2-handed, +2 PPE/rd to do MD)
Branaghan Arms Special Overcoat (+2A/+1T; It Has Pockets!)
Bag of Holding
Everett Jackson
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Everett Jackson »

Scrounger + Gear
Streetwise: [dice:2cp6l10e]48108:0[/dice:2cp6l10e]
Wild: [dice:2cp6l10e]48108:1[/dice:2cp6l10e]
[dice:2cp6l10e]48108:2[/dice:2cp6l10e] x 2000 = 18000 Creds

Gear
Balitrox
Chain Greatsword
NG-56 Light Ion Pistol
Cheetah Skin Moccasins
Patron Harnses
When the guards show up demanding their heavy weaponry, Everett is not pleased. Digrig prepared him for the shock of being separated from his girls, though, so he doesn't make too big of a scene. He steps out of the car, a hulking mass of muscle and metal bigger than any human should be.

Everett stares at the 'borg, eye to eye, and says, "I better get my girls back without a scratch, you understand?"

Then Everett turns circles around to the back and pulls his weaponry out. He takes Roxanne, Trixie, Minnie and Maneula each into one of his four hands and passes them on. He takes the key and returns to the rig for Balitrox and his chain greatsword.

He smiles at the 'borg and says, "If you knew what I could do with these, you would have let me hold on to the girls."

Having survived the shakedown, Everett waves at his allies and walks off into Merctown on his own, "Now this is my kind of town. I'm gong to go find some trouble; contact me via comms when we're proceding with the mission."

The big cyberman follows 'borgs and headhunters around merc town for a few hours keeping his ears open about local gearhead hotspots. He picks up on a hot tip and finds himself at the location of one of Merctown's most popular augmented fight rings. Everett fits the bill, so it doesn't take much convincing to find himself locked in combat with some of the fiercest mercs around.

Everett decides to fight several rounds, racking in 18000 credits in rewards. He throws his last fight in order to avoid potential injury before the mission.
Everett Jackson, Titan Juicer
Everett, Human Titan Juicer
Pace: 10(d8); Parry: 8(1) Toughness: 24(9)
  • Uncanny Reflexes: Juicer reflexes are superhuman, granting them −2 to be hit by any attack they are aware of and +2 on Evasion rolls.
Note: Neither Quick nor Uncanny Reflexes apply on the first round of an unexpected combat/high-stress situation.
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Ravenous Abandon (Berserk): Per the Berserk Edge, Everett can flip the switch and give partial control over his actions to the Reaver of Essence. This comes at a cost - ending Balitrox's berserking rage is not an option until its hunger has been sated by the blood of a wielder of arcane power
  • Charge: She may ignore the penalty for Running when making a Fighting attack at the end of her movement.
    • Overrun: If he moves at least one inch beyond his normal Pace before making any Fighting attacks, the hero adds +2 to the damage rolls. Any target Shaken by such an attack is knocked prone.
  • Drug-induced Euphoria/Tranquility: In order to keep the Juicer from burning out over a matter of days, the bio-comp constantly supplies a combination of psychotropic drugs and chemical inhibitors to keep him happy and calm. Juicers live in a state somewhere between mildly ecstatic and stoned, which causes −1 to all Smarts or Smarts-linked skill rolls in non-combat or low stress situations. On the first round of an unexpected combat or high-stress situation, the Juicer doesn’t gain the benefits of Uncanny Reflexes or Quick.
  • Frenzy: A character with Frenzy rolls a second Fighting die with any one of his Fighting attacks for the turn. The extra die may be allocated to the same or different targets as he sees fit. Resolve each separately.
  • Internal Repair System: As an action, the Juicer can make a natural healing roll at +2 to heal Wounds; this costs one charge.
  • Level Headed: Draw an additional Action Card each round in combat and choose which one to use.
  • Multi-Optic Helmet: It includes a targeting sight, magnification, thermal, infrared, ultraviolet, and night optics. The wearer ignores Illumination penalties, gains +2 to sight-based Notice checks or to offset Range penalties, and +1 Shooting with calibrated weapons. The helmet includes a hands-free radio (10-mile range) and megaphone voice-projection system.
  • Quick: Whenever you are dealt an Action Card of Five or lower, you may discard it and draw again until you get a card higher than Five.
  • Size +2
  • Split the Seconds: Juicers and Crazies often find themselves living between the ticks of the clock. This Edge allows them to ignore 2 points of Multi-Action penalties each turn (they can perform two actions at no penalty or three at −2 each).
  • Super Endurance: They require only half the normal amount of sleep and gain +2 on all Fatigue checks.
  • Trademark Weapon, Improved: +2 to Fighting with Balitrox and +2 Parry when Balitrox is readied.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; Balitrox's PPE: 5/5
Bennies: 4/3; Internal Repair System: 3/3
Burn: 6/8
Edit Signature

Balitrox speaking into Everett's mind.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Burn me, is Dom even able to hide the mistical signature of the book? He seems like he is meeting mordain all over trying... So no power armor. Burn me, I didn’t even bring an extra set if clothes let along some personal armor.

As Alex is led to his power armor coat check he rattles off a stream of questions to the attendant in his normal brethless fashion, ” Thanks man! How did you get those scars? Why only one bionic arm? What is the maximum capacity for this storage facility? Why are you so small? Can I bring in my maysaises? Does this facility close on holodays?” After the guy either glares at or answers his pestering but innocent questions he slips the lockers key into his pocket and runs after Evertte whom is heading into the city to do some shopping.
@Snake Eyes
Alex tugs at the hulking human named Everette, ” Hey Big guy, you mind if I come with you?” The kid points to his skivvies and shivers, ”I forgot all my clothes back at the castle and didn’t even bring a back up set of armor!” Indeed all the kid has on him are his undergarments and an ion blaster, his metaphorical diaper. He finishes his comments with a style and flourish all his own, ”How is Ballitrox doing these days? Are you getting larger? Is it safe for us to be walking arround like this? What do you think of Heather? Isn’t she the best?”
@Everett Jackson

Hopefully the two come to a weapons and armor shop where he Alex can purchase a set of tinkered Cananonball armor and Super teched vibroblade. Alex points to a dingy shop with a sign falling halway down. Its corigated steel roof looks like it has seen better days. ”Look at that Everette! Jack’s Super Duper Armor and Weaponshop. We got the best if you dare.” Alex grins at the big test tube baby wielding the all mighty balitrox, ” That looks promising. Reminds me of this shop back in Chi-town my dad used to take me too.”
Cannonball armor
NG RA15 Cannonball( with 5 tinker mods +2 stealth checks urban, +2 str trait rolls, eviormentally sealed, half weight.) all that would be 47k book price
@Snake Eyes
Alex Stat Block
Attributes: Agility d8(2), Smarts d10(2Mars, 1), Spirit d6(1), Strength d4(0) {1d12+4}, Vigor d8+[2]( [d10](1, 1 advance)
Charisma: 2; Pace: 10; Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 20(10)[1] MDC; Strain: 0
Combat Edges: Elan, rock and roll, [fearless], [Battle hardened]
Powers Weird Science: Detect/conceal(25/25), Blast(25/25), Dispel(25/25), smite(25/25)
Bennies
6/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
+1 loot organization
Alex Weapon
WI-GL20 Automatic
Damage: By grenade type: plasma 3d10 SBT, 60/120/240, shots 40, rof: 3
Weight: 75
Snapfire, RoF uses one grenade per shot.
Smite Power Attached to it with an Electricity Trapping ( Mega Version is Available as well)
Alex Armor
  • Triax T-31 Super Trooper: Size 1, +10 M.D.C. Armor, +2 Toughness, Strength d12+4, Pace 7.
    Notes: Jet Boosters (Jump 12” horizontal, 6” vertical)
    • „
    • 2 × Rocket Launchers (shoulders). They only fire the F4 Fusion Block missiles (Range 15/30/60, Damage 6d6, RoF 1, AP 25, Mega Damage, SBT). Each launcher has two missiles
    • „ „ 2×Mounted Rocket Launchers (legs)Left anti-vehicle(4d6 AP11), right normal(5d6 AP6) SBT. 100/200/400, RoF 1, shots 2
      „„
    • 3 × MAE-3 (“Maysies”) Hand Charges. The Maysies are thrown or placed (Range 5/10/20, Damage 3d8, RoF 1, AP 10, Mega Damage, SBT)
      • Fusion Missiles are $3K each. The MAE-3 cost $750.
    • „ „ Vibro-Sword (right arm)
      „„
    • 2 × Laser Torches (each palm). The laser torches can be used in combat (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage
Xero X Kelvin

Post by Xero X Kelvin »

Xero is grateful that DigRig is driving his rig around town and opts to stay inside the vehicle unless otherwise needed elsewhere.

There was that one time I got sent here, at least it feels like the same place. I wonder if I got dropped in the A&M? Best keep a low profile.
Xero X Kalvin
Xero X Kalvin Novice Psi-Stalker Chiller
Parry: 4 || Toughness: 4
ISP: 20/20
Combat Edge: None
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card(s):
  • Cutting In Line: Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest..
Joseph Cook
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Joseph Cook »

After he helps Xero get his daily P.P.E. fix, Joseph finds himself famished. He makes arrangements to meet back up with the group at a designated time and location, and ventures off into MercTown looking for the closest steakhouse. Once he finds it, he throws the Host a few credits to ignore his blatant disregard of the dress code, and loads up on rare cooked steaks and salad. Once he has finally sated the amount of food required for a physically fit 19 year old, he finds a place to work out, then gets a room with decent security to protect his weaponry and takes a long nap after a nice warm bath.
Xero X Kelvin

Post by Xero X Kelvin »

Joseph seems to know where he is going or at least what he is after. Walking with Joseph, he makes every effort to keep the environment untouched by his icy touch.

Xero thanks Jseph for the steak but just spends time with it poking razor sharp ice shards through it. Joseph eventually takes the steak away, eats it and then leaves with Xero in tow.

When Joseph gets the room, it only has one bed but Xero curls up in the bath tub and caccoons himself in ice and hibernates.
Xero X Kalvin
Adventure Card(s):
Heather Todd

Post by Heather Todd »

Merctown
All day
Round 0

Heather got out of the vehicle when they were asked to turn over their heavy weapons. She set down her fireburst rifle on the table. Then she pulled a few grenades from inside of her coat. And then she started pulling grenades out of just about everywhere else. The guard watching her blinked and raised an eyebrow.

Heather shrugged. “I like to blow things up,” she said with a sweet smile. They gave her a bag for the grenades and she put them and the rifle into the locker and pocketed her key.

Discussion turned to what to do next. “I think everyone is pretty worn out by the trip. It might do to have a night on the town, unwind a bit. We’re likely going to be stuck in a library for we don’t know how long,” she reminded. “We should probably get some rooms close to the college, too.”

Everyone scattered around town after they got some rooms, and so Heather did as well. Heather found a shopping district. She went into an electronics shop and pulled out her field computer.

“I’m looking for an upgrade,” she said. “Custom software.” She explained what she wanted and the tech said he could have it done in a couple hours.

“Great. Thanks!” Heather said.

Heather went to a few more shops. She only had a couple changes of basic clothes, but nothing really fit for a night out. She tried on a few things and finally settled on a silvery dress for hitting a club that night. She picked out some appropriate lingerie for the dress as well.
Heather’s Dress
By the time Heather picked up some makeup, perfume, and some hair and body care items to prepare for a night out, it was time to pick up the computer. She paid the clerk for the work and then headed back to her hotel, taking a long, luxuriating bubble bath before doing up her hair and makeup and heading out to a nearby techno-wizard-rave club frequented by students her own age from the magic college.
Leaving in Locker
Fireburst rifle
High Explosive grenade
11 Fragmentation grenades
2 Plasma grenades
Keeping
Flaming sword
Stealth armor
Shard pistol
Overcoat
Field computer
Survival pack (in room?)
Mission - Missouri is the lead
Go to Collegiate Arcane and Magic Guild in Merctown
Contact girl named Lanasa to get access.
Find information on how to destroy the Bleak Tome.
Destroy the Bleak Tome.
Character Tracker
Heather Todd Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 14 (6)
ISP: 30/30
Armor: 10/10 PP
Bennies: 4/3
Encumbrance: 28/28 (including pack, 70.75/28, -2 Agility and Strength skills)
Major Psionic: Mind Melters have the Major Psionic Edge and can spend 2 ISP to gain a +1 with any Psionic skill roll, or 4 ISP for a +2 (paid before the roll is made). These effects are doubled when on a ley line.
Mental Resistance/Mentalist: +6 vs Psionic effects, +4 Armor vs Psionic damage, +2 opposed Psionics rolls
Rapid Recharge: 1 ISP/30m
Grenades (carried)
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 1 Fragmentation
  • 2 Plasma
Shard Pistol: 36/36 shots
Fireburst Rifle: 20/20 shots
Adventure Card
  • Let’s Settle This: Play at the beginning of a combat round with no Jokers. No character can soak wounds until a Joker is drawn.
Dominic Skodati

As guardian of the book Dom does not relish an evening of delay, although the idea of "keeping an eye on" Heather at the nightclub holds a certain appeal. This tome ruins the idea of being stuck at home with a book full of racy pictures, Dom thinks to himself. Maybe some business can get done at least.

While the others shop for trinkets and do-dads, Dom hits up the MercTown Telephone Exchange and drops some Black Market Credits to buy a burner phone. Scowling he slaps down enough to get one for the team and has the tech program in all the various numbers. The Legion is definitely paying me back for that.

On his way back to the hotel Dom makes a few calls to set up some meetings, meetings where a nightclub would be perfect cover. When it's time to go out Dom enters the hotel lobby looking...exactly like he always does: tussled dark hair, a long worn duster, a staff in his hand, a knife in his belt, and a cigarette hanging out of his mouth. He opens up his bag full of magical trinkets and pulls out the phones. Without much fanfare he passes them out, watching intently to see where Heather puts hers in that get-up.

Giving a grin and a wink at Missouri he volunteers to go with Heather to the club, "Someone's gotta keep those sleazy techno-wizards at bay."
Connections
Setting up some sort of black market side deal at the night club. GM let me know if you need any rolls of if I can just interlude it narratively.
Snake Eyes
Game Master

Post by Snake Eyes »

The guard with Alex takes his questions in stride. The kid did just step out of a tweaked Super Trooper. Maybe he's not a punk. "Bunch of questions, kid. Scars came honest, from fighting. Same as the arm. I'm as pure as snow 'cept that arm. Don't need to mess up my good looks with hardware more than I gotta." He shakes his head at the vault questions. "Capacity is enough. Got a bunch of vaults on the outskirts. More than that you don't need to know." He snickers at the question about explosives. "Nah, kid. The maysies stay in the vault with the rest of your gear. Don't worry. No holidays close us down. Nothing closes us down, really. Even if someone hit the town, we'd want all the mercs inside to be armed to the max. The big gear's in here. They can get to it whenever they want, long as they ain't crossways with the law."
Digrig barely gets through the gate when most of the group starts bailing out of the zone ranger to satisfy their curiosities and spend-thrift ways. He clicks the radio to advise the group. "I'm goin' to the Mystic Quarter. Getting Old Granddad's on the way. Yer get finished, get yerselves over there. Gettin' lodgings near the guild." With that, he hits the gas and moves through the town in a more or less easterly direction, heading towards the Mystic Quarter as shown on the display screen.
MercTown.jpg
MercTown is a well populated place, with people and buildings of all kinds. All manner of borgs, d-bees, humans, and everything in between are found wandering the streets. The city is fairly well organized, with weapons and armor shops found primarily in the Arms Bazaar. The Mystic Quarter houses some TW manufacturing and repair shops. Curiosities, knick knacks, restaurants and bars, residences, etc. can all be found throughout New Town, with The Hub hosting most of the general businesses and all government buildings. The Battledome can be found here. Having arrived on a Wednesday, you learn that tonight is a toughman competition. Magic, Psionics, Powered (borgs, PAs, etc.) and Inhuman (demons, elementals, gargoyles, dragons, etc.) classes run this evening. You learn, also, that these competitions are open to the public. Top prize in each class is 10,000 credits. These fights are not to the death. Killing your opponents is an automatic disqualification, and you'll be charged 2500 credits for cleanup and funeral.
As the team hasn't seen much in the way of civilization outside the Castle in some time, they all spread out and go their separate ways. There is all manner of trouble to get into, contacts to be made, or just items to cross off of gear wish lists. Several members of the team pair or triple up and head out into the city to see what reveals itself.
Interlude Instructions
There is plenty to do, lots of places to do it, and all manner of savory and unsavory characters that may cross your paths to do it with. Throw down an interlude of your choice. Shopping? Go for it. Who did you meet? Did you draw any attention? Tell me what happened.
Fighting in the Battledome? Anyone using magic, psionics, power armors (your suit will be conveyed to the dome for the contest, then returned to the vault) or demons may compete. If you want to go for the top prize, include a Fighting/Shooting/Spellcasting/Psionics roll in your post. Success gets you runner up and all the drinks you care to have to soothe your damaged ego / face and a level of fatigue (likely won't come into play). Raise gets you first place and 10,000 credits. If you end up in combat with one of the other members of the 12th, first roll sets TN, 2nd roll must beat it, NOT match it.
Making backroom deals in the club? Narrate away. If you're deriving material benefit, let me know what you're aiming for and leave a roll, we'll work it out. Otherwise, you're free to narrate. Just tell me who you did business with.
Anything else? Go wild. All interludes are good for +1 XP (apply immediately, and take any advance it gets you right now) and your choice of a Benny or an extra Adventure Card draw.
Alex shopping
Slight markup to 52k credits from 47k. Suit will be ready in [dice:flr1r3sv]48281:0[/dice:flr1r3sv] hours.
Heather shopping
Add 10% markup to the difference in cost between the field computers.
12th AAT Bennies
Wild Card Bennies:
Wild Card Bennies:
Gaspard Gillead

This...
... is not the interlude; this is merely the prologue, as VV gets a considerable say in what my interlude actually will be....
After his single (and off-the-rack) purchase, Gaspard dons his new Communication Band and hooks up with the others, dressed... well, not exactly sharply, but a man--or a D'norr--in a suit is never poorly dressed, either. When they get to the club, he opts not to dance, nor to drink. Instead, he is Dom's constant shadow. Naturally (and expectedly) this leads to a whispered confrontation, however close to Dom's first 'meeting' as the Runner was willing to let it get before happening, with the thrumming beat serving to cover the sound, and Perdi's bulk serving to prevent anyone nearby from reading lips.

Upon being challenged/told to piss off/snarled at for popping up on the far side of the dance floor from where he'd been sitting, after Dom attempted to use it as cover to slip away, he explains himself, pushing his glasses up on the bridge of his nose. "I honestly don't care what you're up to, friend--so long as it doesn't endanger our current job. So, we have a few options. One, me and Perdi are your new shadows, and you get to explain to whoever it is you're planning on meeting why we're there. If you want me as your translator and Perdi as your muscle, well, that's fine. Secret police have to learn how to pass among dodgy customers. Two, you let me take the package and you go off on your own; I go back to the hotel and play watchdog for the night. Three... well, let's stick with options one and two. We'll all be happier that way." He crosses his arms and waits for Dom to answer, or at least come up with a fourth option.
OOC Comments
So, if he gives up the Tome for the night, then my interlude is going to be him guarding the book (i've got something in mind for that). If he lets them tag along, he'll play along with whatever story Dom comes up with, and not interfere so long as it's not likely to actively disrupt the mission. If he goes for the third option, well, then we get to have one of those fun OOC chats about how best to handle a PVP situation fairly--not combat, mind you, but things like mind-reading and so forth, which I'm not going to try to claim aren't at least dancing along the PVP line.
@Dominic Skodati @Venatus Vinco
Gaspard Gillead
Seasoned D'Norr Shifter
OOC Comments
Skills:
Edges: Charismatic, Horns, Bind the Summoned, Spell Mastery (Interrogation); Ley Line Magic Mastery; Ley Line Phasing; Ley Line Gate; Sense Rifts; Shift Reality; Linguist; Diabolist; Strong-Willed; Psychotically Brave; Investigator
Hindrances: Quirk (Sweet Tooth); Minor Enemy (Toben Heiros); Code of Honor; Sensitive; Alien Physiology; Disconnected
Powers (Personal): Return From Whence You Came; Mystic Armory; Mana Chill; Authority; Wings of the Demon; Mystic Interrogation; From Darkness Born; Rapid Transit; Expanded Awareness
Powers (Gear, no Modifiers): Nightmode, Magnification, Wall of Flame (May Use Damage Modifier), Universal Translator, Fortify Will (may use Greater Boost Modifier)
Gear
Rift Staff (Str + d6, Parry +1, Manipulate Rifts +2, 2-handed, +2 PPE/rd to do MD)
Bag of Holding
Heather Todd

Post by Heather Todd »

Merctown
All day
Round 0

Heather took the burner phone Dominic handed to her. “What’s wrong with our comms?” she asked. But she clipped the small device to a garter beneath her very short skirt. She wasn’t otherwise armed, but then she didn’t need to be.

“Wait, you’re coming with me?” Heather asked Dominic dubiously, giving him a look up and down. “Dressed like that?” Okay, he wore the look well, but it was going to be a bit out of place in a club. “And I don’t need anyone to protect me,” she told him. There was a little sashay in her hips as she walked away and hailed a cab to take them to the club.

Club Supernova flashed with techno-magically charged lights, a bright beacon to the block of shops and restaurants catering to the Collegiate Arcana students. “Oh, damn. There’s a line,” Heather said. A big grackle in jeans and a tight shirt stood at the door with his arms crossed, keeping an eye on the line and taking the door charge. Besides being big and muscled, he had a neural mace at his belt.

As Heather got in line, the grackle caught her attention. Heather raised an eyebrow and walked over. “Go on in,” the grackle said. “Hot females go to the front of the line.”

Heather blushed. “Thank you.”

“Not that I think you’re hot,” he continued. “I mean, no tails, no scales, but the bosses...well, they like what they see.”

“Thank...you…” Heather said, a bit less sure. “Tell the bosses thank you?”

“Sure thing.” The door grackle held out his hand, putting it against Dominic’s chest. “Where do you think yer goin’, bud?”

“He’s with me,” Heather said.

The grackle looked Dominic up and down. “Check your weapons at the door,” he told him, yanking the vibroknife from Dominic’s belt. “No violence inside, so you don’t need it. Capiche?” He put his hand on the neural mace at his side to emphasize his point.

There must have been some magical field, because Heather felt the tingle of a magic field as they crossed from the entryway into the club and were suddenly hit by a wall of sound. The beat was heavy, thumping through Heather’s body and already she was starting to move to it. Lights flashed and spun, magically powered techno-wizard devices. Heather studied something on the wall for a moment and realized they were powered by the magical auras of the people in the club, a sort of passive siphon. The more magical patrons, the less each would feel the effects. At the moment she could hardly feel any draw. She did note that it looked like the devices could be cranked up to eleven, no doubt to shut everyone down if someone broke out the big magic, a good way to stop a fight before it wrecked the club.

On a stage toward the back of the club a D’Norr worked the turntables, his skin tattooed in red and black, a ring of small horns around his head, a sign proclaiming him DJ Maul. Heather recognized the mix, the latest Steampunk Zombies song.

“Oh, I love Steampunk Zombies!” Heather shouted to Dom. When he gave her a confused look and shook his head, she repeated herself through direct telepathy, bypassing the loud music.

The dance floor was large, of course. On one side was an area delineated with colorful lighted crystals on the floor. Inside that large space it seemed that gravity had been reduced. Dancers twirled, spun, and contorted in mid-air, waving tubes of light or small displays of harmless magic as the danced in zero-G.

Heather pointed, indicating a bar, and started to dance over to it. She lost track of Dominic, but wasn’t worried. It wasn’t like they were here together.

Samara Sunset, Heather told the Fennodi female tending the bar, bypassing trying to speak altogether. The telepathy didn’t seem to faze the Fennodi at all and she started mixing up the drink, carefully layering the magical concoction. Growing up with an alcoholic father, and the weakening effects alcohol had on her mental shields, Heather was often wary of drinking, but she wasn’t a teetotaler like her sister. She indulged herself occasionally in a safe environment. And tonight was about letting loose a little after being stuck in a Mountaineer for days with a bunch of smelly boys.

The bartender shoved the clear, colorless liquid over to Heather when it was ready. Heather clicked the edge of the glass, giving it a little bit of psionic energy, and colors started to swirl, the layers settling into the reds, oranges, and yellows of a sunset. She grinned and tossed back the drink, savoring the sharp citrus taste and the burn of the strong alcohol as it warmed her stomach, the magic enhancing the effects of the alcohol. Already she felt a bit like floating.

Heather moved through the crowd toward the zero-G dance cube. She crossed the threshold with a little jump and sailed up into the air, her dress glittering in the lights. Her silky brown hair floated around her as she spun and turned, moving her arms and legs with the music, just enjoying letting go. She let the pressure of the voices against her psychic walls relax a little, letting them in, just as whispers, a susserating background to the thump of the bass.

Heather was thrilled to be around people her own age. She hadn’t had a traditional childhood, going to school with her peers. Forced to be something of an autodidact, she would have loved to have gone to somewhere like the Collegium Arcanum with other college students, and Heather soon found herself rather popular as other beings her age came up to dance with her. She didn’t much discriminate, dancing with males and females of all races, sometimes in the intimate embrace of zero-G gyrations, sometimes pressed together on the crowded dance floor. Fun. Letting go. Something she couldn’t allow herself normally with her abilities without being overwhelmed. Tonight was about letting it all free. She channeled her exuberance, her desire, her joi de vie out from her to the people around her.

Heather had lost track of time and how many drinks and dance partners she had when she turned to yet another person and found herself pressed up against Dominic’s body, her hands splayed across his muscled chest. She looked up at him, her full lips slightly parted as she caught her breath, her cheeks flushed with exertion, blue eyes bright with alcohol staring into his gaze, a strand of her chestnut hair curling across her pert, freckled nose, a slight sheen of sweat standing out on her bare skin in the revealing silver dress that flashed in the club strobe lights.

@Dominic Skodati
Leaving in Locker
Fireburst rifle
High Explosive grenade
2 Plasma grenades
Keeping
Flaming sword
Stealth armor
Shard pistol
Overcoat
Field computer
Survival pack (in room?)
Destroy the Bleak Tome.
Character Tracker
Major Psionic: Mind Melters have the Major Psionic Edge and can spend 2 ISP to gain a +1 with any Psionic skill roll, or 4 ISP for a +2 (paid before the roll is made). These effects are doubled when on a ley line.
Mental Resistance/Mentalist: +6 vs Psionic effects, +4 Armor vs Psionic damage, +2 opposed Psionics rolls
Grenades (carried)
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 1 Fragmentation
  • 2 Plasma
Adventure Card
  • Let’s Settle This: Play at the beginning of a combat round with no Jokers. No character can soak wounds until a Joker is drawn.
Dominic Skodati

She came into the lobby wearing a dress made of pure silver and she looked as radiant as the sun. Just looking at her would probably kill a vampire. And yet, behind all that was still a kid, a kid with enough raw power to level a city block and enough looks to make grown men cry, but a kid nonetheless. So, I immediately stepped up to keep an eye on her, well half an eye anyway I had some people to see. Her response left me a little jilted. Okay a lot.
Heather Todd wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:05 am “Wait, you’re coming with me?” Heather asked Dominic dubiously, giving him a look up and down. “Dressed like that?” Okay, he wore the look well, but it was going to be a bit out of place in a club. “And I don’t need anyone to protect me,” she told him. There was a little sashay in her hips as she walked away and hailed a cab to take them to the club.
”It’s classic. Never goes out of style,” was my only comeback about my attire. It worked and I wasn’t going there to fit in. ”And who said anything about protecting you, I’m there to protect the boys from you.”
Heather Todd wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:05 amHeather took the burner phone Dominic handed to her. “What’s wrong with our comms?” she asked. But she clipped the small device to a garter beneath her very short skirt. She wasn’t otherwise armed, but then she didn’t need to be.
Well having the phones just to get a peek at that garter was worth it in my mind, but radio comms were a bitch inside of a city like MercTown. Buildings to block signals, mercenaries with high tech cybernetics listening in, maybe the phones weren’t much better but at least we could destroy them and walk away if things went south. Of course, I didn’t say all that to Heather, I was distracted by the whole garter thing, “Now we can send each other loves notes without the legion listening in.”

Hitting the nightclub scene in the Mystic Quarter isn't exactly my kind of scene. Give me a pub with beer on tap and music just loud enough to mask your conversation. Wall of sound dance clubs had their purpose though. Getting jostled and tossed about in a see of (meta)humanity made for good hand offs and lifts and for a little cash a private booth in the balcony was protected from prying eyes. But first you had to get in.

The line stretched down the block of the Mystic Quarter and the bouncer, a big old Grackletooth who looked downright bored, stopped us. Letting Heather in cause she was “hot” and sending me to the back. Not one for waiting in line I ducked into an alcove and donned my coyote mask. I picked the mask up during a deal in Arzno. Had to take it instead of a cash payment for moving some Bandits Arms goons past the Arzno Mercenary Company. The thing has serious mojo and I sometimes get the feeling that it's hotter than any tails and scales Grackle-gal that the bouncer was into.

The coyote is a trickster, likes to walk among mortals in human form. The mask lets me do something similar. Quick as a wink I went from my normal dashing self to a carbon copy of Heather, only wearing a gold dress. Sashaying my pretty little ass up to the front of the line I gave the bouncer my best puppy dog eyes, “My sister just got in and now I'm stuck out here while she's inside having all the fun. Is there anything you can do?” I gave a little pout for effect. Damn I'm sexy.

The bouncer lifted the rope with a bemused grunt and I walked right in. Who's not hot?

Apparently, my ruse was too good as some horny young magic student began nattering in my face about dancing and buying me a drink. So I kissed him on the mouth. While he took it in, stunned, I cancelled my spell and kneed him in the groin, “Sorry buddy not my type.” He sputtered from the blow and the sudden change in visage, I left him there and moved on.

I spotted Heather getting some weird colored drink at the bar but left her to her own devices. Anybody messed with her and I would be the least of their problems. She could mind-frak you faster than you could trot out a sleazy pick-up line. Besides I had another problem.

Near the door, Gaspard and his blow-up doll Perdy were making a beeline for me. I tried not to let the fact the bouncer found them them hot hurt my self-esteem too much. I had to deal with these two jokers fast. Gaspard had a hard on for me bigger than a rhino-buffalo's schlong. I didn’t need him poking it into my business. Or anywhere else for that matter.

Intercepting them I gave the D’Norr a cool smile, ”Gaspard, so nice to see you. If you’re worried about the girl I got no designs on her. All kinds of trouble that i don’t need. When the women can read your mind they just get so disappointed.”
Gaspard Gillead wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:23 am "I honestly don't care what you're up to, friend--so long as it doesn't endanger our current job. So, we have a few options. One, me and Perdi are your new shadows, and you get to explain to whoever it is you're planning on meeting why we're there. If you want me as your translator and Perdi as your muscle, well, that's fine. Secret police have to learn how to pass among dodgy customers. Two, you let me take the package and you go off on your own; I go back to the hotel and play watchdog for the night. Three... well, let's stick with options one and two. We'll all be happier that way."
Honestly, the easiest thing to do was give him the book. The right thing to do was punch him in the mouth for threatening me. I always was easy. I reached in my pack to hand it to him but suddenly stopped and reconsidered. Maybe if I roped this do-gooder into some sticky business I could erode his moral high ground a little. It was a long play but maybe better than just making him buzz off only to come sniffing around again, ”No problem, I got nothing to hide. You and the big man are welcome to be my muscle tonight. Devil man in a suit with his demon sidekick, makes me look like serious business. If I score a job, I might even cut you in.”

Pointing up to the balcony of the dance club toward some more private booths I gave him a wink, ”You ever met a Vernullian before?”

@Freemage @KahlessNestor
Gaspard Gillead

Gaspard shook his head. "Can't say that I have, but I'm always open to making new acquaintances." Hm... the best ploy for him there would've been just to give me the Tome. Either he's really up to nothing major tonight, or he's got some further scheme in mind. Either way--well, this should be interesting. "Anything you can tell me about them before we get there? I'd hate to embarrass you in front of your friends."
Gaspard Gillead
Seasoned D'Norr Shifter
OOC Comments
Skills:
Gear
Bag of Holding
Xero X Kelvin

Post by Xero X Kelvin »

Hours after arriving at the room with Joseph, Xero wakes up to what others would call a cold sweat. For Xero the effect is ice shards hanging in the air as sweat has been pushed away from his body and then frozen.He is not covered in a sheet of ice but that does not mean the rodents and insects that got to close are not frozen stiff, solid, and dead.

Xero comes to a full alert state and his body aches all over. It can't be the fetal position he was sleeping in. He sleeps like that all the time. As he stands up the ice shards hanging in the air begin falling and hitting the tiled floor. The sound is very close to that of crystal drink ware being smashed and windows being shttered.

when and if Joseph wakes up, he finds Xero sweeping the frozen dead critters and vermin into a bag he promptly drops out the window into a darkened alley. The ice shards have been swept up off the floor (yes, Xero found a broom.) and a mop sits in the corner ready for Xero to finish cleaning and mopping the bathroom.

@Joseph Cook
Xero X Kalvin
Adventure Card(s):
Dominic Skodati

@Freemage @KahlessNestor

Pointing up to the balcony of the dance club toward some more private booths I gave him a wink, ”You ever met a Vernulian before?”
Gaspard Gillead wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:30 pm Gaspard shook his head. "Can't say that I have, but I'm always open to making new acquaintances." Hm... the best ploy for him there would've been just to give me the Tome. Either he's really up to nothing major tonight, or he's got some further scheme in mind. Either way--well, this should be interesting. "Anything you can tell me about them before we get there? I'd hate to embarrass you in front of your friends."
I chuckled at the notion that Crótalo was my friend, ”Well I only know one Vernullian, and if the rest of his species is anything like him, that’s more than enough. We’re going to see a guy named Crótalo.” Apparently his real name was unpronounceable, but his Spanish moniker meant “pit viper”. A reputation he earned down in Ciduad Jaurez working for the Black Market down there. ”He’s a money man for the Black Market, loans money, holds money, collects money. That sort of thing. For a cut of course. I don’t need anything from him but sometimes he needs packages moved between cities, but we have to watch out. He’s a real snake.”

I shot Gaspard the Bastard a quick grimace and the headed up the stairs toward “the viper’s” booth.Parting the curtain revealed a literally snake! Crótalo was a sixteen foot long, six hundred pound snake with snake with four giant tentacles, a salamander shaped head, and surprisingly human eyes. It was those human eyes that gave me the creeps. Next to him was a big bin full of live rats. As we entered he took one in his tentacle and swallowed whole, the rat screeching and squirming in protest as it went down. Rumor had it the old viper preferred to eat humans over rats. Hell of a way to dispose of a body.

Vernulian

Keeping my cool I slid into the booth grinning from ear to ear, ”Crótalo you old snake. Still trying to intimidate people with your eating habits.” The snake-man flicked me a glance and then suddenly a rat lifted out of the bucket and floated toward me with a terrified squeal. ”Care to partake?” He asked with a slithering lisp. In addition to being a giant snake, Crótalo was also a powerful psychic. He could read minds, sense emotions, and move things with telepathy. There was no pulling a fast one on him, so being straight-up was the best approach.

Grabbing the rat by the neck I shrugged, ”I prefer my rat cooked on a stick.” Snapping its neck I promptly tossed it back in the bucket. Crótalo hated dead food and I knew that would annoying him. Of course, reading his face was impossible so I followed his eyes, which had settled on Gaspard and Perdy, ”What’s with the goons?”

”I’m big time now, I need an entourage,” I replied without offering any other explanation. ”But let’s cut to the chase. I’m here on a delivery and got to head back out again, so I can take something out with me if you want. Travelling with some mercs at the moments so got a real low key cover.”

Unwinding his coiled body in order to bring his face close to mine, he looked right into my eyes. It took all my power not to turn away. Those dark alien eyes were frightening, ”I’ll pay money to know what you brought. Boss Dutcher likes to know what’s moving into his town.” Suddenly feeling very small I tried my best to hold my emotional ground, but it wasn’t easy.

”Just some magical stuff. Not really Dutch's market,” I said cooly and truthfully.

Easing back down the reptilian grabbed another rat, ”Very well. Why should I trust you? Word is you reneged on your last deal.” I got a little nervous and tried to avoid looking at Gaspard, the skull has a number of interested parties, not just the leader of the 12th AAT who had sent me after it. Instead I just shrugged, ”That item is on ice at the moment. But I know where to find it if need be.”

After a few more minutes of banter a small black credit card floated across the table, untouched by Crótalo’s tentacles. ”Ever heard of Castle Refuge?” The way he asked, I knew he already figured out my current gig. ”We’re trying to get started up there. Refugees need access to things to live, and the do-gooders in the Tomorrow Legion are barely providing the basics and Northern Gun has blocked everyone else from moving in the market. It’s more of a controlled economy than the Coalition States. Anyway, we got a man there who needs some start-up capital. If you ever go by there, delivery this to him.”

My brow furrowed momentarily, ”You’re missing the part where you pay me.”

Crótalo let out a hissing laugh that made my skin crawl, ”My payment is I won’t tell the Ravenshome Thieves Guild that you are traffic magic items in their territory.” That was a non-threat, the Guild was tight with the Immaterial Hand and I was working for the Hand. But Crótalo didn’t know that and there was no need to tip my hand.

”Fine,” I answered dejectedly. ”I’ll deliver this one for fifteen percent instead of the normal twenty-five. Just because I like you...which I know not many people do.”

He hissed, and my primal mammal brain flinched, but I tried to keep my face steely. ”The card is programmed for ten percent. Take it or leave it.”

I took it. Nabbing the card I slid it into my pocket and stood to leave. Smiling at Gaspard, ”Let’s roll flunkies.”

Before leaving the club I cut across the dance floor to see if Heather was doing okay, and ran right into her.
Heather Todd wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:05 am Heather had lost track of time and how many drinks and dance partners she had when she turned to yet another person and found herself pressed up against Dominic’s body, her hands splayed across his muscled chest. She looked up at him, her full lips slightly parted as she caught her breath, her cheeks flushed with exertion, blue eyes bright with alcohol staring into his gaze, a strand of her chestnut hair curling across her pert, freckled nose, a slight sheen of sweat standing out on her bare skin in the revealing silver dress that flashed in the club strobe lights.
She was close, looked good, smelled good, and I tried to convince myself it was the handle of my knife bulging under my jacket. I reluctantly gave a little bit of space and smiled, ”You sure you want to be seen with me, dress liked this?” I took her for a little spin on the dance floor but kept my distance. Not too far away, I mean it was crowded. However, I could almost feel Crótalo’s beady eyes watching me from up in the balcony. If he thought the girl meant anything to me she would be at risk. I quickly, and deftly if you ask me, switched dance partners for another gal and left Heater to find another suitor - which was no trouble. After a few more moments I fought my way off the dance floor toward the bar.

I needed a cold beer. And a cold shower.

Maybe Xero was around.
Xero X Kelvin

Post by Xero X Kelvin »

Xero stopped mid cleaning with a wild urge to frost a bottle of beer. He had done it for Joseph a couple of times last night at dinner. Standing in the middle of the bathroom, he determined that it wasn't Joseph who wanted the ice cold beer.

Last night had been fun and rather exciting. Joseph had introduced Xero to beer and alcohol. He had been asked by Joseph to first cool off the beer which resulted in an ice plug in the neck of the bottle that eventually watered down the drink. Next Xero had been asked to chill the beer and this time Xero had created ice cubes made of beer. When the ice cubes thawed the beer was flat.

Joseph after two duds of chilled suds finally suggested that Xero work with cooling the bottle and keeping it cold. With some focus and trial and error Xero got the bottle temp just right. When the owner of the establishment saw Joseph's satisfaction, he quickly tried to hire Xero.

Joseph stepped in and said that Xero was already employed. The restruarant owner and Joseph negotiated a deal, after Joseph explained Xero's lack of interest in alcohol. The deal was struck and Xero worked for credits serving ice cold beer bottles to the patrons while Joseph relaxed and enjoyed a second meal. Before leaving, Xero had been asked to fill the chill room with ice, which he promptly did and followed Joseph to the room they would share, Xero in the bathtub of course in the bathroom.

Xero did not know anyone other than Joseph and the restruarant owner from last night by name and the restruarant owner was certainly not "powered" in anyway. Who could be requesting him to ice a beer ... and a shower?
Xero X Kalvin
Adventure Card(s):
Gaspard Gillead

OOC Comments
Perdi Agility [dice:9r3rmrdu]48352:0[/dice:9r3rmrdu]

Gaspard Notice [dice:9r3rmrdu]48352:1[/dice:9r3rmrdu]
Wild Notice [dice:9r3rmrdu]48352:2[/dice:9r3rmrdu]

Gaspard Streetwise [dice:9r3rmrdu]48352:3[/dice:9r3rmrdu]
Wild Streetwise [dice:9r3rmrdu]48352:4[/dice:9r3rmrdu]
Gaspard just raised an eyebrow at learning they were meeting someone called "Pit Viper". Typical, really, for the sort of crowd Dominic obviously hung around. "You know, one of the most dangerous men I ever met in the City of Brass went by 'Brillobrillo'. Roughly translated, it means 'Glittersparkle'." The number of people you have to kill with a name like that, well...

Once they got to the table, Gaspard spent most of his time evaluating the serpentine D-Bee. The telekinetic toss was the most significant part of that exchange, in his opinion. Left off 'psychic' when you were running through his list of traits....

As the dead rat went flying back towards the bin, Proditione reached out a greedy hand and snatched it from the air, immediately biting the head off with an audible crunching sound. "Thanks, Boss. You knows I like 'em fresh." This was spoken to Dominic, and Gaspard bit back a chuckle. So much for intimidating eating habits.

He said nothing during the entire exchange, in full absorption and analysis mode. An inventory of facts filed away. 'Boss Dutcher' considers Merctown his territory, at least when it comes to smuggling. This group has a man at near Castle Refuge already, but haven't been able to establish themselves properly. A quick mental note regarding the Ravenshome Thieves Guild. Dommy caved way too quickly to that threat, meaning it's probably not very pertinent to him. Either they already know about his dealings, or he's got protection. Then of course there was the reference to Dominic's 'last deal' going south--that definitely deserved further investigation.

When the interview was over, he and Perdi took up flanking positions behind Dominic as they moved towards the exit--fully conveying the 'entourage' imagery. This, of course, gave him a complete view of Dominic's encounter with Heather. Hm... Trying to protect her from unwanted attention. How gallant.

Once in the street, he waits until they're a good way back to the hotel before speaking. "Well done, Dommy. I misjudged you." Whether Dom responds to this gambit, he'll eventually continue with a sly, devilish grin. "Well, here I was, thinking you were up to no good, and you've gone and identified the point-man for a criminal cartel in Castle Refuge's back yard. Hell, from the size of the payout, we'll even be able to determine the current scale of his operations. It'll be child's play to keep him monitored for now, and the authorities can move in if he's doing anything really dangerous, or just track who his customers are if it's penny-ante crap--a lot of times, a low functionary like this is best used as a link." He lets that hang in the air for just a hair's breadth, then drives it home. "We'll make a proper undercover copper out of you, yet."

He starts whistling A Policemen's Lot Is Not A Happy One as they continue walking....
Gaspard Gillead
Seasoned D'Norr Shifter
OOC Comments
Skills:
Gear
Bag of Holding
Alex

Post by Alex »

Naked and afraid in merctown. Everyone was giving me the side eye for running arround in my underoos but burn it I wasn’t going to waste money on stuff I already had back at the castle. Even my new cannonball armor was going to take the better part of 3 days. Probaly should have gotten something off the rack like Gaspard, but the die has been cast and the tinker was taking his sweet time.

Something never sat right with me about our new ally Dom. Why didn’t Setninja tell us about him? He seemed polished in his responses like he knew what questions we were going to ask and had a well rehearsed response for each of them. Maybe it was that he had his eyes set on Heather, maybe he reminded me of someone I used to know... Maybe it was the stories Libertas and Jude used to tell me of shifters... Lots of maybes, and burn it they just created too much doubt. Something about Dom just didn’t sit right and when he went to the club I found the fire escape broke a window and ventured into the rafters to keep and eye on him.

That was my first mistake I should probably trust him... The second was... I can’t remember.

Looking down at the club from the shadows of the rafters Alex could see Heather writhing with the club goers and a twinge of jealousy rose up giving the kid a green eye. He frowned realizing a truth. I’ll need to talk to Jude about older women. When he sees Gaspard and Dom talking to the tentacle man he holds in his excitment. Burn me, a Vernulian!
Out of the shadows
Lora
Lora
Nearly startling him a woman comes out of the shadows right next to him. Raven haired, slim, and dressed in purple. She had an easy smile and a soft sultry voice, ” Hey kid need a hand?”
Alex a bit startled goes for his gun but her soft velvety hands stop him. She almost purrs, ” No need for that kid. The name is Lora, and it looks like you need a jacket... Take mine.”

Alex shivers slightly donning on the black leather jaket. Burn me, the jacket smells like raspberries and roses. At least it is warm. The kid smiles at her blushing a tad, ” Th-Thanks. My name is Lora... I mean Alex.” Get it together.

She smiles looking down at the kid and then down at the two men talking to the Vernulian. She whispers softly and sweetly, ” So what is a kid doing all up here by himself in Merctown?”

Alex tugs the jacket tightly arround himself in love with the sweet scent, he murmers, ” Oh, we are from Castle Refuge. We have this super secret don’t tell anyone...” Burn me, don’t go blab everything like some young punk Alex. Remember what Max and Jude said about women...

The kid lowers the jacket from his face and breathes some fresh club sweat infused air. He grins a bit of his boyish charm at her and launches his verbal assault holding in his desire to pee a little from all the excitement, ” So that is why I am here. Why are you here? Do you like this club? What is your favorite food? Do you frequent Merc Town often? Do you have a boyfriend? How old are you?”

She bends down putting her lips close to Alex’s ear. She coos, ” Full of questions huh Alex? Well I’ll answer two before you forget about me. First I am immortal, and second I am keeping an eye on that guy down there. I think you know him by the name Dominic, and I am going to kill him.”
Alex shakes his head, I thought something came out of the shadows. He touches the black jacket he is wearing. Its soft and well worn, but still in great condition. It smells slightly of roses and rasberries. How did I get this jacket? At least its warm. Still slightly confused he looks down trying to find Dom. Looks like he is heading to the exit... Of course dancing with Heather. For some reason it did not bother him as much this time. He looks ready to leave. I... I got a bad feeling that someone means to do him harm... Something is just... I best keep him out of trouble. Alex zips up the jacket and prepares to follow Dom.
Alex Stat Block
Attributes: Agility d8(2), Smarts d10(2Mars, 1), Spirit d6(1), Strength d4(0) {1d12+4}, Vigor d8+[2]( [d10](1, 1 advance)
Powers Weird Science: Detect/conceal(25/25), Blast(25/25), Dispel(25/25), smite(25/25)
Bennies
6/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
+1 loot organization
Alex Weapon
WI-GL20 Automatic
Smite Power Attached to it with an Electricity Trapping ( Mega Version is Available as well)
Alex Armor
  • Triax T-31 Super Trooper: Size 1, +10 M.D.C. Armor, +2 Toughness, Strength d12+4, Pace 7.
    • „
    • 2 × Rocket Launchers (shoulders). They only fire the F4 Fusion Block missiles (Range 15/30/60, Damage 6d6, RoF 1, AP 25, Mega Damage, SBT). Each launcher has two missiles
    • „ „ 2×Mounted Rocket Launchers (legs)Left anti-vehicle(4d6 AP11), right normal(5d6 AP6) SBT. 100/200/400, RoF 1, shots 2
      „„
    • 3 × MAE-3 (“Maysies”) Hand Charges. The Maysies are thrown or placed (Range 5/10/20, Damage 3d8, RoF 1, AP 10, Mega Damage, SBT)
      „„
    • 2 × Laser Torches (each palm). The laser torches can be used in combat (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage
Dominic Skodati

Gaspard Gillead wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:35 pm "Well, here I was, thinking you were up to no good, and you've gone and identified the point-man for a criminal cartel in Castle Refuge's back yard. Hell, from the size of the payout, we'll even be able to determine the current scale of his operations. It'll be child's play to keep him monitored for now, and the authorities can move in if he's doing anything really dangerous, or just track who his customers are if it's penny-ante crap--a lot of times, a low functionary like this is best used as a link." He lets that hang in the air for just a hair's breadth, then drives it home. "We'll make a proper undercover copper out of you, yet."
For a guy who looks like a Deevil, Gaspard isn't very conniving. I blame it on being a cop - it distorts your thinking. "That snake is more cunning and vicious than either of us. He knew I was running with the Legion. This job is bait. Maybe to test my loyalty or maybe an easy way to get the Legion to take out the competition,. Probably both. Until we know which we gotta play it cool and do the job. You can even take a slice of my pie."

Beside, if he is Ducther's man taking him out will be good for the Hand, if he works for the hand I'll need time to give him a head's up.
Joseph Cook
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Joseph Cook »

Joseph is fully awake after the first droplet of ice hits the tub, and before the second does. His hand is gripping the hilt of his blade, and he's ready to kill something immediately. relax. He thinks a moment, then gets out of bed, quietly moving toward the source of the noise. Sure enough it's Xero. Joseph grins sheepishly, and sets the blade down on the nearest flat surface that can hold it. "You sure you don't mind sleeping in the tub? We can find another room somewhere. It's not like we don't have the creds, you know?" Joseph waits pateintly for Xero to respond, and nods when he does so. "Alright then. If you don't mind, I need to use your bed for a few minutes, then we can head out and see what's happening out there huh? I saw from the clock that it's only midnight, so there should still be plenty to do in this town. What do you say?" When Xero gets out of the bathroom Joseph let's the hot water melt the ice before stepping it. wouldn't be particularly heroic to slip and crack my skull open, would it He showers quickly and efficiently letting the hot water help rid him of the sweat and dirt that tends to build up when you wear armor most of the time. As they head out, he takes a brief detour into a bookshop called "Military Anthologies". He looks around for a bit and buys a battered copy of a book titled "Jujutsu Technique" and slides it into his pocket for later perusing. "Where to man?"
@Xero X Kelvin
Xero X Kelvin

Post by Xero X Kelvin »

"I may have been here once. More specifically the College."

Joseph offers a look and Xero responds with a shrug.

"The city is rippling with power and there seems to be a large collective power pool over in that direction." Xero points out and over in the direction of the Battledome.

"It also seems that someone I know is looking for iced beer and a cold shower. Any ideas?"
Xero X Kalvin
Adventure Card(s):
Missouri
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Missouri »

Missouri listened as the rules were listed off when they were stopped at the gate. He had known the TK Machinegun would need to be stowed or guarded - it was more than a rifle, after all. His Wilk's rifle apparently needed to be stowed as well. That was fine. He rarely used it anyway. He handed over the weapons and got his key card. He shrugged and secured it away.

He watched as the team split up to go do some shopping. He shook his head, agreeing with Dom. "Agreed - the less time we have this book on our hands, the better off we are." But several of the team had already wandered off, and the former team leader Heather had pretty much said that was for the best. He let out a loud sigh. He got no say in it apparently. Whatever.

He decided to find the Collegiate Arcane and Magic Guild and take a look at it, get a jumpstart on the mission. So he stays in the Zone Ranger as Digrig has stated he's headed that way. Once nearby, he hopped out and went to take a look.
Stowed Gear
TK Machine Gun and Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle.
Missouri Smith
Character Summary
D'Norr A.R.E.S. Archaeologist

Special: -2 vs Fear; Can get irritable/impatient during periods of low activity (requires a Spirit Roll or gets -2 Charisma and -1 to Trait rolls)

Active effects: Quickness (with raise so redraw Initiative lower than 8); +2 Pace, +1 die Agility.
TK Machinegun - Serious Problem: The device or gear applies a –2 to all Trait rolls where it’s used, or its applicable bonus is reduced by 2.

Wounds:

Parry: 7; Toughness: 21(11)
Weapons: TK Machinegun; Shard Pistol; TW Energy Whip

Edges: AB Magic, Attractive, Rapid Recharge, Strong Willed, Wizard

Charisma: +3 (-4 w/Coalition)

Bennies: 4

PPE: 25/20
Powers: Armor, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Quickness, Slumber

Adventure Cards:
  • Ace: Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
Currently playing in: Tomorrow Legion: 12th AAT - The Dirty Dozen
Joseph Cook
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Joseph Cook »

"The Battledome?" he thinks about it for a moment and then nods. "That sounds like fun, let's do it." He moves through the crowd. He never gets out of anyone's way, he just moves forward and all but the most aggressive of individuals give him a wide berth. Xero quickly realizes that Joseoh has been here before, as he never asks for directions and unneringly moves toward the Battledome. They pay the admission fee and get in just in time to see a half metal giant barely lose a fight. he looks familiar... Joseph thinks. Joseph buys a couple of beers, one for him and one for Xero, and they head to their seats.
Missouri
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Missouri »

Missouri found the school closed when he went to try and find out more information and scout the place out. He frowned at the school, as if it was the school's fault somehow, like it was actively trying to block him from completing his mission. He then took in a deep breath and let it out slowly, though it sort of sounded more like a sigh.

"School's closed." A lilting voice with a hint of an accent came from behind him.

He turned to look who had spoken and saw a beautiful woman with lightly dark skin, curvy purple-black hair and a body built for comfort rather than speed. Her bright green emerald eyes were only slightly hidden behind horn-rimmed glasses that did nothing to diminish the twinkle of mischief and amusement in them. She wore a well-cut outfit that was functional and gorgeous without being too revealing, with a jacket over it.

Missouri nodded, and replied dryly. "So I see." Heartbeat. "Thank you." He wasn't sure if she was being sarcastic and a smart ass or actually helpful, so he decided to assume the best rather than the worst.

The woman smirked. "Oh, aren't you a polite one?" She giggled and shook her head at him.

So she WAS being a smart ass. "I have my moments." He tipped his hat to her and turned to start walking away. "You have a good evening, ma'am."

He stopped when he heard her voice following him, "So that's it, then? Just giving up?"

He turned to look at her over his shoulder. She had followed him a bit but was keeping her distance. "Well, seeing as how the school is closed, there isn't much else for me to do here. So I thought I'd go get dinner, maybe a drink as well."

She smiled brilliantly at him. "OH, twist my arm, why don't ya? Fine, I accept! I'll have dinner with ya! I know a GREAT place!"

He blinked a few times, decidedly not used to a woman inviting herself to dinner with him or being quite so bold. "Uh, what?" Secretly, he found it refreshing and he kind of liked it. But he didn't say that, of course. "I just met you, I don't even know your name!"

She looked back over her shoulder at him, a smile on her face that could have been read as either sultry or predatory or maybe both. "And I don't know yours either! Won't it be fun to learn?" She giggled and kept moving.

He honestly couldn't argue that, especially without being rude - and admittedly he was curious about her. So he allowed himself to be lead to a hole-in-the-wall restaurant and bar called "Tenio's". Outside it looked like a rundown building that was barely standing. Inside it was decorated with artfully-placed lighting, cozy tables, a bar, a couple of billiards tables, a jukebox (Missouri's eyes lit up at that antique!) and a few pieces of art on the walls (nothing to write home about).

The woman seemed to know, and be known by, the owner Tenio, a four-armed blue-skinned D-Bee with a smiling mouth of teeth and a sunny disposition - at least, towards her. He gave Missouri the hairy eyeball pretty consistently. They didn't get menus - she and Tenio merely talked for a minute or so in pleasant idle chitchat it sounded like, but then he left and came back with drinks a moment later. The main thing pulled from that was what Tenio called her.

"So...Violet?"

She smirked at him. "A rose by any other name..."

Not exactly an answer, but he decided to gift his 'name' to her in return anyway. "Missouri Smith."

She giggled at that. "The name fits with your hat."

His eyebrows shot upward in surprise. "You know the reference?"

Thus began a long conversation, over several drinks and a wonderfully-delicious dinner they didn't actually order that he had heard, into history, vids, antiquities, and other subjects - among them, he later realized, she pulled out personal history tidbits about HIM as well, while giving very little in the way of concrete information about herself in return. Talk eventually turned to the Collegiate.

"So why do you want to get in there? Lookin' t'enroll?" Her bemused tone made it clear what she thought of that idea.

He shook his head, smiling. "No. I just..." He suddenly stopped and thought about why he was telling her, whether he should tell her. Dangerous information if he gave away too much, no matter how innocent the person might seem.

She leaned forward, "Yes?"

He leaned back slowly. Suddenly, it was like he was breathing in a fog, hazy and muddled. He shook his head to clear it. "I just have business there, is all."

She frowned a bit, surprised at the resistance. "It's okay. You can tell me..."

His eyes narrowed. "Actually, I can't. Sorry. It's private." He pushed back from the table. "It's getting late and I have a big day tomorrow. I should probably get some sleep."

She rolled her eyes and threw up her hands, and the fog instantly cleared. "Oh, fine! I'll stop prying! I have other ways of finding out anyway." She tossed him a playful wink.

He now frowned angrily as he stood up. But before he could do much else, she laughed full-throated and stepped back. Missouri had a flash of her face, her real face, and his eyes went wide. Dragon! And not a hatchling either!

She smiled widely, still stepping back. "Run along then, little mageling. I'm sure we'll meet again soon." She was walking out the book when she stopped and looked over her shoulder with a big smile still on her face. "Read any good books lately?"

Missouri quickly left the place and headed in a very circuitous route, looking up often, to his room for the night, a bit shaken by the experience.
Missouri Smith
Character Summary

Special: -2 vs Fear; Can get irritable/impatient during periods of low activity (requires a Spirit Roll or gets -2 Charisma and -1 to Trait rolls)

Active effects: Quickness (with raise so redraw Initiative lower than 8); +2 Pace, +1 die Agility.
TK Machinegun - Serious Problem: The device or gear applies a –2 to all Trait rolls where it’s used, or its applicable bonus is reduced by 2.

Wounds:

Adventure Cards:
  • Ace: Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
Snake Eyes
Game Master

Post by Snake Eyes »

The music thumped, an auditory enchantment almost forcing the occupants to dance. Heather indulged while Alex watched over the whole assemblage. A strange encounter left Alex clothed, but confused. Where did he get the jacket?
Everett spent some time in the Battledome, making the right bets to get himself a little walking around money, but not making too much of a fuss by winning out.
The meeting with Crótalo netted Dominic a credstick to convey, and a head full of questions for Dom and Gaspard. Not the least of which is: how do we find this guy once we get back to the castle? Those questions must wait for another time to be answered. The club evicts its patrons at 4 AM, whether their business is done or not. Heather has drawn much interest from a variety of clubgoers, male and female (and other?) vying for her closing time attentions.
Joseph and Xero spend their time wandering the city, including a visit to the Battledome.
Missouri spends the evening trying not to spill his guts to a metamorphosed dragoness. There's no way she read his mind...right?
Gill and Curatrix exited the vehicle at Temple Street, curious about the confluence of religious energies there.
The next morning, you find yourselves in the breakfast area of the Wizard's Wayside Inn, the best lodgings in the Mystic Quarter, outside of the College itself. Digrig took the liberty of arranging for Lanasa to meet with you for breakfast.
Lanasa.jpg
She sits at a table facing the stairs as you each come down from your rooms. Digrig is seated next to her. As you approach, she stands and smiles, although she seems nervous or impatient. Once you all arrive, she furrows her brow. "Is this everyone?" As you look around the room, you realize that Gill and Curatrix are not present. As you think about it, no one has seen them since they left the zone ranger as it passed Temple Street.
Lanasa shrugs. "I am Lanasa. Lieutenant Vielar asked me to arrange entry for you onto the grounds, and hopefully into the Great Library. Unfortunately, there was a bit of a...well, someone has stolen...things."
She sighs. "The Great Library was raided last night. An inventory of what was taken is in progress, but they are not allowing guests onto the grounds. I don't know that I will be able to get you through the gate, let alone into the Library."
She sits, dejected. Before she can continue, a voice from the front door of the inn catches your attention. "Joseph Cook, you sonofabitch."
Ghurab.jpg
Ghurab.jpg (38.25 KiB) Viewed 17351 times
A man stands at the door, a sword at his side, grinning as he stares intently at Joseph. "I knew that was you at the Battledome last night. The hell kind of nerve you got, coming into my town and not telling me?" He strides boldly towards Joseph, stopping short to grab his hand and pull him in for a bear hug. "Great to see you! How long have you been in town? What are you doing here? Where did you end up after you left the Devils? You've gotta catch me up!" He introduces himself as Ghurab, a former member of the same unit Joseph served with in Tolkeen. He smiles as he asks each of you your names, pausing to bow slightly to Heather.
Lanasa, who apparently already knows him, tells him the basics of your reasons for being here. "They're on a fact-finding mission, and hoping to get into the library. I've told them the grounds are locked down right now."
Ghurab explains his delight in seeing his old friend again. "Cook saved my life twice in that gods-forsaken conflict. I was able to return the favor but once. Now you're in my city. Hopefully, long enough that I will be able to settle up with you. Unfortunately, that may have to wait until my current predicament is solved, unless... has Lanasa told you what happened at the Great Library?"
Ghurab proceeds to describe a rather elaborate heist. Overnight, several locations on the Collegiate grounds were hit simultaneously with opened portals that allowed a large, well-coordinated crew to raid several vaults and the library itself. Some students and other guild members were injured, but no fatalities were reported.
"Lexitros, the chief librarian, is cataloguing everything, but the library isn't small. It may take him some time. I'm 2nd in command of security for the grounds. Combat we can handle. Hunting these people isn't our primary mission. I'm out of my depth here, and they're not giving me any additional resources." He shakes his head. "Lanasa is right. They won't let anyone on the grounds right now. But if I bring you in as security consultants, it might earn your way into the library?"
Instructions
Assuming you're willing to aid Ghurab, Joseph's friend, with his problem, you have the following tasks ahead of you.

Task 1: Site inspection
Basic forensics aren't basic when magic is involved. By all accounts, the ley line nexus is monitored quite closely by Arcane Guild leadership. Whoever pulled this job off did so with some of the premier magic users in the region watching their routes of ingress and egress. Finding who or what did this will start with a scene inspection.
Notice, Kn: Arcana, Investigation, or other skill with appropriate justification to find clues. All rolls at -2. 4 total successes needed.

Task 2: Word on the Street
A job like this isn't going to go off without someone knowing something. You may be newcomers to MercTown, but Word on the Street works the same in any city, town, or village in the world. Hit the spots, talk to some people, and find out who knows something.
Persuasion, Intimidation, Streetwise, or other skill with appropriate justification to find information. All rolls at -2. 4 total successes needed.

Task 3: ???
This task is locked depending on the successes obtained in the first 2 tasks. Participants in the first 2 tasks may not participate in this task.

Character resource allocation will be important. The events of task 3 open up once a certain number of successes in tasks 1 and 2.

Choose your task, roll, narrate your success, who you talked to, etc. I'll provide PMs / updates as you roll and begin narration. You can incorporate those findings into your posts. Feel free to RP with Ghurab or Lanasa, as well.
12th AAT Bennies
Wild Card Bennies:
Wild Card Bennies:
Missouri
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Missouri »

The new lady was a looker. "Lanasa? Pretty name for a pretty lady." Missouri smiled at her, definitely thinking she might be someone better to get dinner with than the LAST woman he'd done so with. That memory nearly soured his smile, still fresh in his mind, but he tamped it down.

He then focused in and listened to what was said. He shook his head, wandering if he had been used at all as part of the heist - but then he'd been lured away and didn't know anything about the place that was robbed. "Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that. I'll do whatever I can to find out who did this."

...and that was the last Missouri was heard from for several days....

When he finally turned up again, he was walking around in a daze. He DEFINITELY had a black eye, a cut lip, and was limping. He claimed he had no memory of what happened to him, but he hadn't been...robbed. Just looked really beat up. Like...REALLY beat up. "I'm okay," is all he'd say. "I didn't find out anything though, I'm sorry. I...think I tried but...I got no information." No info to show for the walking bloody bruise he was. Disappointing.

Task 2, Mr. Magoo, Crit fail
Streetwise (Modifiers: -2 scene, +5 to skill, Total: +3)
Streetwise die [dice:j8ln66zv]48874:0[/dice:j8ln66zv], Wild die [dice:j8ln66zv]48874:1[/dice:j8ln66zv].
Missouri Smith
Character Summary

Wounds:

Adventure Cards:
Heather Todd

Post by Heather Todd »

Merctown
All day
Round 0

Heather woke late that morning, one of the last down to breakfast. She’d managed to avoid a hangover, but all the exertion dancing last night had left her sleeping like a stone. She wore simple khaki pants, sensible shoes, and a white blouse she had bought last night, her club dress put away, unsure when it would ever get used again.

An attractive young woman in a black, old fashioned dress sat at the table waiting for them with Digrig, their contact Lanasa. “Pleasure to meet you,” Heather greeted. “Is that coffee?” She sat down quickly to imbibe the life-giving dark juice of the coffee bean as she listened to the unfortunate news about not being able to get into the library.

And then Joseph’s friend showed up. Heather returned his bow with a smile. He was polite. And apparently important, second in command of the college’s security and investigating the break in, and willing to vouch for them if they helped him out.

Heather was about to speak up to accept when she remembered she wasn’t the team leader anymore and looked to Missouri, who accepted.

“If you don’t mind, Mr. Ghurab, I would like to see the scene of the crime,” Heather said. “And any security footage you do have. Magic users often neglect to take into account the fact that many quite common electronics can see right through their spells. Perhaps they slipped up.”

Heather spent her time taking photos of the crime scenes, studying the residual magical energies, and then sitting with her field computer poring over the pictures and notes. She was standing in front of a large white board with photos and lines making connections all over it when Missouri walked in, beaten and bruised.

“Missouri Smith!” Heather exclaimed, her reading glasses slipping down her pert nose. She called for a stiff drink for him and a medical kit.
K. Arcana and/or Investigation #; Task 1: 2 successes
+4 field computer
K. Arcana/Investigation [dice:1a4iep06]48885:0[/dice:1a4iep06]
Wild [dice:1a4iep06]48885:1[/dice:1a4iep06]
Leaving in Locker
Fireburst rifle
High Explosive grenade
2 Plasma grenades
Keeping
Flaming sword
Stealth armor
Shard pistol
Overcoat
Field computer
Survival pack (in room?)
Destroy the Bleak Tome.
Character Tracker
Grenades (carried)
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 1 Fragmentation
  • 2 Plasma
Adventure Card
Xero X Kelvin

Post by Xero X Kelvin »

Even before reaching the Collegiate, Xero's spidey senses are tingling. Inside the actual walls of the school, he stops stalk still. When the others attempt to move or talk to him, he just holds up a hand.

"I need to separate and identify the magical scents here."

The team sets up a perimeter around Xero so that his orting and identifying go uninterpted. The first fifteen minutes at the college and the team is looking around from various positions around and near Xero. Those fifteen minutes find Xero turning ever so slowly while his eyes are closed.

Xero finally figures out his scents or what he calls the smell pallet and follows the others around the college. Here and there, he stops to collect new evidence and magical trails and scents. At one points he stops Ghruab, and asks for an empty notebook, a map of the school, or maybe a computer/laptop, that he can begin recording the movements of various entities throughout the college. All this happens well before the arrival on the scenes of the thefts.

Smells Like Teen Spirit, Notice 8, 2 successes _
Task 1
  • Notice [dice:cmzjpqpl]48892:0[/dice:cmzjpqpl]
  • Wild [dice:cmzjpqpl]48892:1[/dice:cmzjpqpl]
  • Extra Effort [dice:cmzjpqpl]48892:2[/dice:cmzjpqpl]
Identified but cannot follow.

Tracking the Powers that Have Been _
  • Tracking [dice:cmzjpqpl]48892:3[/dice:cmzjpqpl]
  • Wild [dice:cmzjpqpl]48892:4[/dice:cmzjpqpl]
Xero X Kalvin
Adventure Card(s):
Dominic Skodati

Word on the Street (task 2)
Streetwise 10
Streetwise [dice:2zml9afm]48908:0[/dice:2zml9afm]
Wild [dice:2zml9afm]48908:1[/dice:2zml9afm]
Extra Effort [dice:2zml9afm]48908:2[/dice:2zml9afm]
Bonuses: +2 Investigator, +2 HJ, +2 Charismatic
Penalties: -2 Scene, -2 Charisma
Net: +2
Total: 10
"I'll bet nothing is missing," Dom speculates to the group. "A magic library gets robbed the day we show up with a magic book. This thing is hotter than plasma right now, and we're the ones who are going to get burned"

From what the group can tell, the robbery at the library was high powered stuff. Given their security and secrecy Dom is betting it was an inside job. However, this town happens to have a group that calls themselves a thieves guild. Someone in Ravenshome must know something about this job. Before trying to reach the guild a sudden thought male's Don's blood run cold. There was another shady group with the magical chops to pull this off - the Immaterial Hand.

If the Hand is involved then things just got a whole lot sticker.

WIP until support rolls are done.
Alex

Post by Alex »

kids know everything and see everything. Every kid has some kimd of preternatural invisibility power to go unnoticed and see things we should not see.
The Grill of Lasana
Another pretty face and another boy hopelessly smitten. Alex makes one of those puppy dog longing faces that means he peed a little from emotional excitement. With his face full of smitten he launches into a million questions unabated by little things like answers or breathing. ” Oh wow! How did you get such an awesome name? Why is your hand glowing green? How long have you been a wizard? Is it ok that I am intimidated by you? Do you like living in Merctown? Where do you live? How long have you lived there? Do you have a boyfriend? Do you like my jacket?”
After Alex gives Lasana the customary grilling, he is fond of giving women of any age, he heads to the local arcade tosses a few creds down on space invader and works the small room trying to find some kids that know something.

His knew leather jacket gives him that extra cashe when dealing with the youth movement. Hopefully they let him know who did it and where Gill was. He still had a few questions for the mystic on the nature of existance.
3 days until Cannonball Armor
Three days of excruciating pain and waiting the likes only Missouri had any hopes of identifying with... After going potty The kid finally turns the corner heading towards the shop with his mind dealing with the infinite possibilities of what might happen. They already got my creds, did they jut leave me with nothing? Did the shop burn down? Did they runout of cannonball armor? Did they mistakenly fit it for a grackletooth? He shakes his head trying to clear a horrible image. The bathroom stall he had just used up the street had a half torn page from a tawdry magazine. The page had the upper half of a grackletooth well oiled and striking a pose the kid wished he could unremember. A human hand was half way draped around the neck of the grackle. The top of the torn page read Striker and Smith—- part of it was illegible.
Task 2 streetwise 10, 2 successes
Streetwise [dice:1l4vgb4y]48914:0[/dice:1l4vgb4y] wild [dice:1l4vgb4y]48914:1[/dice:1l4vgb4y] benny for EF [dice:1l4vgb4y]48914:2[/dice:1l4vgb4y]
Alex Stat Block
Bennies
6/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
+1 loot organization
Alex Weapon
WI-GL20 Automatic
Alex Armor
    • „
      „„
      „„
Snake Eyes
Game Master

Post by Snake Eyes »

Task 1 - Site Inspection:
Heather's computer is busy. The cataloguing of notes, observations, and data takes much of her time. Ghurab accommodates her as best he can, giving her access to some of the TW-powered surveillance footage. At the beginning of the attack, two figures appear out of nowhere in the courtyard. They are humanoid, cloaked and hooded. A smaller form is flanked by a much larger form. As the two beings appear, the smaller of the two raises its hands and opens summoning portals. A mix of elementals and glowing humanoids burst forth from the portals. The crew of creatures attacking the walls of the main building exhibit little finesse. A few of them do seem to be searching for a way in, but the rest are seeking armed and active resistance, which is provided by some of the guild's security force.
The guardians on the walls, according to Ghurab, are possessed of supernaturally fast responses to such an invasion. You would be hard-pressed even to get over the wall before you were surrounded by these strange-looking gargoyles. This evening, however, they seemed to be very slow to react. They made no move until the security force arrived in the courtyard. And they never even looked at the two cloaked forms.
Xero's approach to fact-finding is much more feel than science. He smells the after-essence of summoned elementals. Fire, water, air, and earth are all present. A few minor demon-types seem to be mixed in with the smells. There is one more smell that he can't place, though it is strikingly familiar. It's a scent he has smelled before, and recently. But something eludes him. The scent is changed. Altered, somehow. Masked by a second scent, magical in nature. The conclusion he reaches, though, is that the basic scent is human, and born of this earth.

Task 2 - Word on the Street:
Alex and Dominic hit the streets, entirely in different directions, but with the same purpose. Somebody knows something.
Alex hits the arcade. He notches a high score in Space Invaders, drawing the adulation of several of the local kids. One girl, 16 or 17 years old, pays more attention than others.
Nixie.jpg
Alex's bashful yet exuberant approach seems to be working. "I'm Nixie. Ice play on Invaders, cutie. Where'd you come from?" The talk turns from introductions and video games to the guild. "I might know somethin'. Anyone puts it on wave, I find it." She taps her visor. "These guys are a bunch of rogue scholars, - " she says, her words dripping with sarcasm. "- the whole crew of 'em probably can't spark-start a warm hoverbike with their brainwaves. They basically took out an ad. They're lookin' for bodies. New jacks, just come in. Subtle they ain't. Top choice was a grow tube baby with 4 arms. They got word he was comin' in soon. Guess maybe he did, yesterday or the day before. But Tube Baby had friends. They'd do just as good. And they were carryin' something someone else wanted. Geniuses stopped before they broadwaved the whole thing." She leans closer to Alex and lifts her visor, her eyes staring into his. "So...wanna get outta here? Or d'you like video games better than girls?"
Dominic's destinations were a little seedier than the local arcade. A whiskey here, a credstick there, all in places Alex wouldn't be let into. The Market's man is no stranger to this type of action, and he figured out just who to talk to and where to stop.
Deep in the heart of the Warrens, Dom finds himself in The Gunman's Tavern. Bart, the bartender, doesn't pay much attention to the rift runner, but SERA does.
SERA.jpg
What time she has where she's not slinging drinks at the crowd that doesn't belly up to the bar, she spends giving Dom the full court press. It doesn't take Dom ten seconds to figure out that she's an android. Higher tech than he's ever seen. "You're not from around here, are you? Neither am I." She's free with details, free from programming restrictions or commands, and fascinated by Dom. "I see a thousand guys roll in here thinking they're hard as adamantium, but you...damn. Let me throw these beers at that table and I'm coming back to you." She winks, and any flesh and blood man would seriously consider putting aside any objections they might have to spending time with an android.
As the night wears on, Dom mixes business with his pleasure. The right questions get asked and Bart gives SERA a nod. She comes over with the information Dom's been looking for. "The college hit? It's a shade. They hooked a new jack to make noise and take the fall. It was a big move for someone who's already in, but needed a feint. If new jack gets caught, he don't know a thing." She leans in closer. Her perfume wafts into Dom's nose, and it's hard to remember that she's built, not born. "What I heard, though, is the timing was off. They missed. Don't know what they were after, but someone's gonna burn for screwing it up." She straightens up. "Big moves get made by big hands, yeah?"
Dom's stomach drops out when he catches her inflection on "hands." She leaves another shot for him. "That one's on me. Closing time. But if you want..." She slides him a slip of paper with an address and "SERA" written on it. She turns to walk away, though her eyes linger on Dom's for a minute before finally pulling away to make her last rounds. Dom catches himself watching her practically glide away; the sway in her walk is mesmerizing.
Big hands.

Missouri's mis-adventure:
Missouri's search goes much less smoothly than his counterparts. A gut feeling he gets while walking the courtyard leads him into the Warrens, the less savory part of MercTown. He made a contact, a fellow named Suli. A nominal credit exchange and a meeting away from the Collegiate would get him all the info he could want.
Missouri made the mistake of going alone.
On his arrival in a Warrens back alley, Missouri's new friend Suli introduces him to the rest of Suli's friends. "That's the guy. She wants him alive, boys!" Before Missouri could get a swing or a spell off, he's jumped by a dozen assorted toughs and worked over pretty good. Flashes of memories of the previous days - weeks? Hours? He didn't know. Probably temporal magic - grace his eyes. Worst of them all is the face of a beautiful dragoness, salving his wounds with enticing words and gentle coaxing. "Come on, mageling. You don't want me to rip it from your mind, do you? I'll make it a lot more fun for you if you just talk. Join up with me, handsome. We'd make a great team, you and me. Just like Indy and Elsa, right?" He doesn't remember whether he caved. He held out as long as he could, even though she promised him pleasure and riches and as much X marks the spot as Missouri's hero could ever have wanted. But Elsa...she's bad news.
He does see a flash of another memory, though. Magic. Lots of it. He was surrounded by Suli, and a dragon, and then magic, and he was alone. He blinked. The room was empty. He blinked again. A blurry white form stood in front of him and spoke. It was a voice he'd heard before, though in his state, it could've been Henry Jones, Sr., talking to him, and he wouldn't have known.
The voice said: "Return to your associates, Mi'xou. You are needed."
He awoke, stumbling into the inn, battered and bruised...but alive.

Task 3 - The Hits Keep Comin':
Missouri's escapades aren't an isolated incident. The 12th finds itself, in the days following their arrival in MercTown, the subject of seemingly random muggings or indiscriminate fire. Maybe one is an accident. Two is a coincidence. But with the information and evidence being compiled, it seems pretty obvious that someone is trying to stop you from digging any deeper.
Heather is alone in an office in the Guild security building, poring over notes in her computer.
Xero is sniffing around the grounds of the guild, distracted by combing through memories and new smells.
Alex is walking to the shop where he'd ordered a custom suit of armor. Unattended, and without his power armor.
Dom is traveling seedy locations populated by seedier people.
And they're all targets.
Missouri's already been hit, and saved by an unknown benefactor. Save the rest of your crew.
Instructions
This is less delicate work. Combat to defend and protect the investigative teams. Fighting, Shooting, Throwing, Spellcasting / Psionics, or another reasonably applicable skill. All rolls at -2. 4 total successes needed.
BONUS: If you can manage 4 successes with combat skills, and add 2 successes with Intimidation (no negative to the Intimidation roll), you'll nab yourselves a talkative merc who will reveal additional information not found by the other two groups.
Proditione may participate.
12th AAT Bennies
Wild Card Bennies:
Wild Card Bennies:
Joseph Cook
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Joseph Cook »

OOC Comments
WIP
Spellcasting [dice:lz3as8lj]48965:0[/dice:lz3as8lj]
Wild Die [dice:lz3as8lj]48965:2[/dice:lz3as8lj]
Ace [dice:lz3as8lj]48965:1[/dice:lz3as8lj]
Ace [dice:lz3as8lj]48965:3[/dice:lz3as8lj]
[dice:lz3as8lj]48965:4[/dice:lz3as8lj]

Extra Effort [dice:lz3as8lj]48965:7[/dice:lz3as8lj] (for intimidation roll, put in wrong spot)

Intimidation [dice:lz3as8lj]48965:5[/dice:lz3as8lj]
Wild Die [dice:lz3as8lj]48965:6[/dice:lz3as8lj]

Joseph takes it upon himself to provide security for the group after Missouri is attacked. It turns out to be a wise decision. He insists that each person travel to their respective destinations with him, breaking up the schedule so that each person has protection every time they are travelling between their base of operations and their place of interest.

He accompanies Heather while she is heading toward the Guild security building. It's a good thing that he does, as an assailant makes a move, rushing toward her. Joseph however is ready and drives his blade down on the attackers head, the fact that he used the flat side being the only reason the person wasn't severed in half. The attacker scurries away.

Xero can take care of himself. Even so, it's a good thing Joseph is there as a devilishly deranged d'norr devilman dasterdly dashes toward him. A bright spark of hellish fire puffing from Josephs's mouth is enough to drive the devilman away.

A couple of tall men in trenchcoats come for Alex as he makes his way to the Cyber shop. Joseph calmly dispatches of them with a few strokes of his razor sharp sword. He does not kill them, but he does make it a certainty that they will also be patrons of a cybershop in the near future.

Dominic protests, of course, but Joseph accompanies him anyhow. While Dom is asking a suspicous man uncomfortable questions, a masked man pops out of a shadow. Joseph pivots, grabs the man by his arm, and slams him into the ground, pinning thim there.
Last edited by Joseph Cook on Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gaspard Gillead

OOC Comments
Intimidation [dice:f44rhrpp]48982:0[/dice:f44rhrpp]
Wild Intimidation [dice:f44rhrpp]48982:1[/dice:f44rhrpp]
EE [dice:f44rhrpp]48982:3[/dice:f44rhrpp] ACE [dice:f44rhrpp]48982:4[/dice:f44rhrpp]

Intimidation [dice:f44rhrpp]48982:2[/dice:f44rhrpp]
Gaspard didn't trust Dominic, of course. Not so long as he's got the package. But it was better, this time, to let him do his thing, and simply observe. Let him run around every dive bar and seedy brothel in the city, if that was his inclination; Gaspard, Proditione, or a lesser summon keeps eyes on him the entire time, making certain that he doesn't betray the group--and so, that's when he sees the people who are also watching Dominic exercise his charms on the local waitstaff. When Dom leaves, they get up to do so as well, but fail to notice him slipping around the back to cut them off....
Gaspard Gillead
Seasoned D'Norr Shifter
OOC Comments
Skills:
Gear
Bag of Holding
Alex

Post by Alex »

In the arcade.
Alex looks at the pretty chick oblivious to any kind of proposition, ”Yeah we could get out of here. Maybe we can hang with my friend Heather or something. You would really like Heather she is so burn. I really can’t beleive Setnija didn’t let be the group leader this time arround. She really understands what is like to be a kid with unbeleivable power at your finger tips. Plus...” Alex’s eyes go all dreamy and far away, ” She is pretty perfect... Yeah lets go see what she is up to, you guys would be great friends!”

Alex hits the comms, ” Hey @Heather Todd where you at, I met this awesome chick, Nixie, at the arcade here, she was saying some hard looking folks and a four armed test tube baby came around looking for a job... But anyways she is wanting to get out of here, want to hang out?”
Alex Stat Block
Bennies
6/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
+1 loot organization
Alex Weapon
WI-GL20 Automatic
Alex Armor
    • „
      „„
      „„
Dominic Skodati

"Well you know what they say about guys with big hands, Dom says with a wry smile. "Big gloves."

Taking the waitress' card he does a little close-up magic to make it disappear in front of her eyes then slips it into a pocket for safe keeping, That's worth almost as much as the book...probably has more benefits. Paying his tab and leaving the expected big tip Dom gets ready to go, looking over his shoulder for Gaspard or one of his cronies.

"Any other night I'd be happy to join you, unfortunately I don't do well with people watching me. Just old fashioned I guess." As enamoured as he is, Dom is also wary of falling into a honeypot. This gal is literally purpose built for one thing, which means someone also programmed a catch on the other end. Normally, he'd follow up just for fun but the book's dark nature has made him a little more dour than usual. And, of course, the idea of his own people in the Hand working against him makes things a lot more sticky.

Information stored, card safely tucked away, Dom heads for the door.
Xero X Kelvin

Post by Xero X Kelvin »

Can't Touch Things You Can't See, _
Snowblind 5,
  • Psionics [dice:24o4itbq]49021:0[/dice:24o4itbq]
  • Wild [dice:24o4itbq]49021:1[/dice:24o4itbq]
ISP Cost 6 for Large Burst Template
Xero stands in the Courtyard of the College. his arms outstretched. Facing the entry to the courtyard he begins spinning up snow and snow flurries. The walls of the College.

Need to hide the work going on inside and keep the others safe. Maybe the perp will reveal himself.
Xero X Kalvin
Adventure Card(s):
Heather Todd

Post by Heather Todd »

Psionics #
-2 difficulty
Psionics [dice:31tqdlb0]49092:0[/dice:31tqdlb0]
Wild [dice:31tqdlb0]49092:1[/dice:31tqdlb0]
Intimidation #
Intimidation [dice:31tqdlb0]49092:2[/dice:31tqdlb0]
Wild [dice:31tqdlb0]49092:3[/dice:31tqdlb0]
Ignore those rolls. Heather did Task 1, so she's ineligible for Task 3.

Merctown
All day
Round 0

Heather rubbed her eyes tiredly as she reached for her communicator to respond to Alex.

“Hey, Alex. You sure you want a third wheel along?” Heather asked. Though maybe she could ask this Nixie girl some more questions about the heist. “Thanks for the information.” She typed it into her computer and added it to her crime board. “I could use something to eat,” Heather admitted, her stomach rumbling. “Where do you want to meet?”
Character Tracker
Grenades (carried)
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 1 Fragmentation
  • 2 Plasma
Adventure Card
Everett Jackson
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Everett Jackson »

Everett shows up unexpectedly as the 12th goes about gathering information. His cyber arms sport all manner of scratches and his right eye is swollen shut. His clothes are once more in tatters and covered in what look to be bloodstains.

Everett smiles sheepishly and says, "Uh, hey guys. Sorry about going AWOL. I went to the Battledome, and I did pretty well. Placed a few bets here and there. I made enough money that someone caught on to me. I was shanghai'd off to a darker, more private version of the Battledome. Had to kill a bunch of folk while I waited for a chance to get out. Then I killed a bunch more."

While the group fills him in on their recent troubles, Everett smiles and says, "Well, that's not going to be much of a problem any more."

He pats his Ion Pistol and says, "I never got much use out of this little girl, but without her big sisters around I've found her to be quite useful."
Shooting 5
Shooting: [dice:1x918n6v]49412:0[/dice:1x918n6v] (+2 Shooting, -2 Scene)
Wild: [dice:1x918n6v]49412:1[/dice:1x918n6v]
Extra Effort: [dice:1x918n6v]49412:2[/dice:1x918n6v]
Everett Jackson, Titan Juicer
Everett, Human Titan Juicer
Pace: 10(d8); Parry: 8(1) Toughness: 24(9)
  • Uncanny Reflexes: Juicer reflexes are superhuman, granting them −2 to be hit by any attack they are aware of and +2 on Evasion rolls.
Note: Neither Quick nor Uncanny Reflexes apply on the first round of an unexpected combat/high-stress situation.
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Ravenous Abandon (Berserk): Per the Berserk Edge, Everett can flip the switch and give partial control over his actions to the Reaver of Essence. This comes at a cost - ending Balitrox's berserking rage is not an option until its hunger has been sated by the blood of a wielder of arcane power
  • Charge: She may ignore the penalty for Running when making a Fighting attack at the end of her movement.
    • Overrun: If he moves at least one inch beyond his normal Pace before making any Fighting attacks, the hero adds +2 to the damage rolls. Any target Shaken by such an attack is knocked prone.
  • Drug-induced Euphoria/Tranquility: In order to keep the Juicer from burning out over a matter of days, the bio-comp constantly supplies a combination of psychotropic drugs and chemical inhibitors to keep him happy and calm. Juicers live in a state somewhere between mildly ecstatic and stoned, which causes −1 to all Smarts or Smarts-linked skill rolls in non-combat or low stress situations. On the first round of an unexpected combat or high-stress situation, the Juicer doesn’t gain the benefits of Uncanny Reflexes or Quick.
  • Frenzy: A character with Frenzy rolls a second Fighting die with any one of his Fighting attacks for the turn. The extra die may be allocated to the same or different targets as he sees fit. Resolve each separately.
  • Internal Repair System: As an action, the Juicer can make a natural healing roll at +2 to heal Wounds; this costs one charge.
  • Level Headed: Draw an additional Action Card each round in combat and choose which one to use.
  • Multi-Optic Helmet: It includes a targeting sight, magnification, thermal, infrared, ultraviolet, and night optics. The wearer ignores Illumination penalties, gains +2 to sight-based Notice checks or to offset Range penalties, and +1 Shooting with calibrated weapons. The helmet includes a hands-free radio (10-mile range) and megaphone voice-projection system.
  • Quick: Whenever you are dealt an Action Card of Five or lower, you may discard it and draw again until you get a card higher than Five.
  • Size +2
  • Split the Seconds: Juicers and Crazies often find themselves living between the ticks of the clock. This Edge allows them to ignore 2 points of Multi-Action penalties each turn (they can perform two actions at no penalty or three at −2 each).
  • Super Endurance: They require only half the normal amount of sleep and gain +2 on all Fatigue checks.
  • Trademark Weapon, Improved: +2 to Fighting with Balitrox and +2 Parry when Balitrox is readied.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; Balitrox's PPE: 5/5
Bennies: 4/3; Internal Repair System: 3/3
Burn: 6/8
Edit Signature

Balitrox speaking into Everett's mind.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Heather Todd wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:48 am
Psionics #
-2 difficulty
Psionics [dice:2wtmf60f]49092:0[/dice:2wtmf60f]
Wild [dice:2wtmf60f]49092:1[/dice:2wtmf60f]
Intimidation #
Intimidation [dice:2wtmf60f]49092:2[/dice:2wtmf60f]
Wild [dice:2wtmf60f]49092:3[/dice:2wtmf60f]
Ignore those rolls. Heather did Task 1, so she's ineligible for Task 3.

Merctown
All day
Round 0

Heather rubbed her eyes tiredly as she reached for her communicator to respond to Alex.

“Hey, Alex. You sure you want a third wheel along?” Heather asked. Though maybe she could ask this Nixie girl some more questions about the heist. “Thanks for the information.” She typed it into her computer and added it to her crime board. “I could use something to eat,” Heather admitted, her stomach rumbling. “Where do you want to meet?”
The kid excitededly responds over the comms, ” Burn me Heather. You aren’t a third wheel. Your my friend. Meet us at Holly’s Hut of Hamburgers is the east part of town, right next to the arcade. If you see Everrette ask him to come along. I saw him head out to the battle dome. I want to here all about it.”

Alex turns to his new friend, ” Lets get a bite to eat. I got some friends you just have to meet.”
Alex Stat Block
Bennies
6/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
+1 loot organization
Alex Weapon
WI-GL20 Automatic
Alex Armor
    • „
      „„
      „„
Heather Todd

Post by Heather Todd »

Merctown
Evening
Round 0

“Okay, sure, I’ll meet you there,” Heather told Alex. She hadn’t seen Everett the last few days, but then most of the team were busy on something trying to figure out this case.

Heather took a taxi to the burger joint and stepped out, brushing her hair back from her eyes as she looked around for Alex. She wondered who this girl was.
Everett
I will leave it up to Everett if he joins in, if Derrick has time. Feel free to write Heather inviting him.
Leaving in Locker
Fireburst rifle
High Explosive grenade
2 Plasma grenades
Keeping
Flaming sword
Stealth armor
Shard pistol
Overcoat
Field computer
Survival pack (in room?)
Destroy the Bleak Tome.
Character Tracker
Grenades (carried)
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 1 Fragmentation
  • 2 Plasma
Adventure Card

Return to “Adventure Archive”