X Marks the Spot: The Calling

Alex

Re: X Marks the Spot: The Calling

Post by Alex »

Alex pops out of his super trooper rushing to Xero’s side. ” What the frak is wrong with you guys? Xero is dying and all you can talk about is the fracking skull?” The little boy shakes his head at the stupid grownups and sticks his hand into Xero to try and save his life. Heather I hope you can heal, because I am no surgeon!. It would seem the kid, that does smell a bit like death itself, tears off a bit of his Tomorrow Legion uniform and tries to stop the bleeding. ” Don’t you leave us Xero, I ain’t gonna write Max, Cantrell, and Libertas a sob story about letting one of my team mates die. Not on my frackimg watch!”
Heal Skill 6
forgot the -2 without tools. Heal [dice:271d4oqn]45549:0[/dice:271d4oqn] ace [dice:271d4oqn]45549:2[/dice:271d4oqn] wild [dice:271d4oqn]45549:1[/dice:271d4oqn] benny ef [dice:271d4oqn]45549:3[/dice:271d4oqn]
Alex Stat Block
Attributes: Agility d8(2), Smarts d10(2Mars, 1), Spirit d6(1), Strength d4(0) {1d12+4}, Vigor d8+[2]( [d10](1, 1 advance)
Charisma: 2; Pace: 10; Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 20(10)[1] MDC; Strain: 0
Combat Edges: Elan, rock and roll, [fearless], [Battle hardened]
Powers Weird Science: Detect/conceal(25/25), Blast(25/25), Dispel(25/25), smite(25/25)
Bennies
6/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
+1 loot organization
Alex Weapon
WI-GL20 Automatic
Damage: By grenade type: plasma 3d10 SBT, 60/120/240, shots 40, rof: 3
Weight: 75
Snapfire, RoF uses one grenade per shot.
Smite Power Attached to it with an Electricity Trapping ( Mega Version is Available as well)
Alex Armor
  • Triax T-31 Super Trooper: Size 1, +10 M.D.C. Armor, +2 Toughness, Strength d12+4, Pace 7.
    Notes: Jet Boosters (Jump 12” horizontal, 6” vertical)
    • „
    • 2 × Rocket Launchers (shoulders). They only fire the F4 Fusion Block missiles (Range 15/30/60, Damage 6d6, RoF 1, AP 25, Mega Damage, SBT). Each launcher has two missiles
    • „ „ 2×Mounted Rocket Launchers (legs)Left anti-vehicle(4d6 AP11), right normal(5d6 AP6) SBT. 100/200/400, RoF 1, shots 2
      „„
    • 3 × MAE-3 (“Maysies”) Hand Charges. The Maysies are thrown or placed (Range 5/10/20, Damage 3d8, RoF 1, AP 10, Mega Damage, SBT)
      • Fusion Missiles are $3K each. The MAE-3 cost $750.
    • „ „ Vibro-Sword (right arm)
      „„
    • 2 × Laser Torches (each palm). The laser torches can be used in combat (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage
Missouri
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Missouri »

Missouri turned to look at the new guy holding the skull. He smiled widely and answered the question on who they worked for, "Yes." But rather than be a dick and leave it there, he went on after a few seconds. "Most of us are part of the Tomorrow Legion. But we've been tasked with helping Stateros there with retrieving the skull and stopping the ritual."

He shrugged and didn't NOT point the shard pistol at Dom nor really away from Dom. "And, sorry to say but you don't get a vote, really. The only reason you're still alive and not a Mondain-puppet is because we helped you. Sure, you grabbed the skull from them - but we would've done that anyway in a few more seconds. However, I'm ALL for verifying who's telling the truth an' who might not be." He smiled widely again. "Nice to meet you, by the way. I'm Missouri Smith." He peered at the man. "Who're you?"

He didn't look away from Dom but called out to Alex, "Sorry, kid - healing's not really my thing. Is the Iceman gonna live?"
Missouri Smith
Character Summary
D'Norr A.R.E.S. Archaeologist

Special: -2 vs Fear; Can get irritable/impatient during periods of low activity (requires a Spirit Roll or gets -2 Charisma and -1 to Trait rolls)

Active effects: Quickness (with raise so redraw Initiative lower than 8); +2 Pace, +1 die Agility.
TK Machinegun - Serious Problem: The device or gear applies a –2 to all Trait rolls where it’s used, or its applicable bonus is reduced by 2.

Wounds:

Parry: 7; Toughness: 21(11)
Weapons: TK Machinegun; Shard Pistol; TW Energy Whip

Edges: AB Magic, Attractive, Rapid Recharge, Strong Willed, Wizard

Charisma: +3 (-4 w/Coalition)

Bennies: 4

PPE: 25/20
Powers: Armor, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Quickness, Slumber

Adventure Cards:
  • Ace: Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
Currently playing in: Tomorrow Legion: 12th AAT - The Dirty Dozen
Gill

Post by Gill »

Walking over to Xero and Alex Gill smiles at Alex. "I am not sure he has the minutes needed for your healing. But I can keep him alive until then." Then reaching out with his will he asks for aid is restoring the flesh of his injured ally.

Healing 7, 1 wound
Instead of 10 minutes to heal, lets try a spell that takes 6 seconds.
Mystic Mojo [dice:1e03vjzk]45586:0[/dice:1e03vjzk]
Mo Wild Mojo [dice:1e03vjzk]45586:1[/dice:1e03vjzk]
"Good luck Alex, I think you should be able to save him." Looking over to the argument happening over the destining of the Skull Gill asks for guidance of what the correct path in in this situation to ensure the safety of all.

Free Divination 10
Mystic [dice:1e03vjzk]45586:2[/dice:1e03vjzk]
Wild [dice:1e03vjzk]45586:3[/dice:1e03vjzk] Ace [dice:1e03vjzk]45586:4[/dice:1e03vjzk]

Gill Chaos Master (Rob T)
Gill Chaos Master
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: MARS Vagabond
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 (d6 running); Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (6)
Skills: North American d8 (Native), Notice (Smarts) d10 [/color] All Others d6

Gill's Resources
Bennies: 7
  • +5 Quarter Begins + Great Luck

Wounds: 0 of 3
    Fatigue: 0 of 2
    Focus Pool: 30/30
    Magic PPE: 15 of 15
    Miracles PPE: 10 of 10
    Psionic ISP: 10 of 10
    Techno Pool: 15 of 15

Active Effects:
    Awesomeness +9,000
Curatrix - Avatar of The Chaos
Curatrix - Avatar of The Earth
Race: Avatar of The Earth
Iconic Framework: Intelligent Construct
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d12+5 (2.5 tons/10 tons), Vigor d12+2
Pace: 0; Parry: 8/11; Toughness: 41 (20); Size: 3 (10' tall 2,000 lbs)
Skills: Athletics d12+2, Common Knowledge d4, Fighting d12+2, Focus d6+2, Notice d4+2 (multi spectrum), Occult d6+2, Persuasion d4, Shooting d8, Stealth d4

Curatrix' Resources
Bennies: 2
  • +2 Quarter Begins

Wounds: 0 of 5 (Ignores all Wound Penalties)
    Focus Pool: 15/15
Active Effects:
Awesomeness +9,000
Everett Jackson
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Everett Jackson »

Satisfied that any threats he is able to detect have been dealt with, Everett joins his allies in the previous room.

He unceremoniously points his mini railgun at Dom and says, "I appreciate your help. However, it's Heather's decision what we do with the skull, not yours. I would appreciate it if you could hand it over to her, unless she says otherwise. And don't try any funny business. I might not have magic, but this axe is a bit unstable and he would love to play with you if you try anything."
Everett Jackson, Titan Juicer
Everett, Human Titan Juicer
Pace: 10(d8); Parry: 8(1) Toughness: 24(9)
  • Uncanny Reflexes: Juicer reflexes are superhuman, granting them −2 to be hit by any attack they are aware of and +2 on Evasion rolls.
Note: Neither Quick nor Uncanny Reflexes apply on the first round of an unexpected combat/high-stress situation.
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Ravenous Abandon (Berserk): Per the Berserk Edge, Everett can flip the switch and give partial control over his actions to the Reaver of Essence. This comes at a cost - ending Balitrox's berserking rage is not an option until its hunger has been sated by the blood of a wielder of arcane power
  • Charge: She may ignore the penalty for Running when making a Fighting attack at the end of her movement.
    • Overrun: If he moves at least one inch beyond his normal Pace before making any Fighting attacks, the hero adds +2 to the damage rolls. Any target Shaken by such an attack is knocked prone.
  • Drug-induced Euphoria/Tranquility: In order to keep the Juicer from burning out over a matter of days, the bio-comp constantly supplies a combination of psychotropic drugs and chemical inhibitors to keep him happy and calm. Juicers live in a state somewhere between mildly ecstatic and stoned, which causes −1 to all Smarts or Smarts-linked skill rolls in non-combat or low stress situations. On the first round of an unexpected combat or high-stress situation, the Juicer doesn’t gain the benefits of Uncanny Reflexes or Quick.
  • Frenzy: A character with Frenzy rolls a second Fighting die with any one of his Fighting attacks for the turn. The extra die may be allocated to the same or different targets as he sees fit. Resolve each separately.
  • Internal Repair System: As an action, the Juicer can make a natural healing roll at +2 to heal Wounds; this costs one charge.
  • Level Headed: Draw an additional Action Card each round in combat and choose which one to use.
  • Multi-Optic Helmet: It includes a targeting sight, magnification, thermal, infrared, ultraviolet, and night optics. The wearer ignores Illumination penalties, gains +2 to sight-based Notice checks or to offset Range penalties, and +1 Shooting with calibrated weapons. The helmet includes a hands-free radio (10-mile range) and megaphone voice-projection system.
  • Quick: Whenever you are dealt an Action Card of Five or lower, you may discard it and draw again until you get a card higher than Five.
  • Size +2
  • Split the Seconds: Juicers and Crazies often find themselves living between the ticks of the clock. This Edge allows them to ignore 2 points of Multi-Action penalties each turn (they can perform two actions at no penalty or three at −2 each).
  • Super Endurance: They require only half the normal amount of sleep and gain +2 on all Fatigue checks.
  • Trademark Weapon, Improved: +2 to Fighting with Balitrox and +2 Parry when Balitrox is readied.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; Balitrox's PPE: 5/5
Bennies: 4/3; Internal Repair System: 3/3
Burn: 6/8
Edit Signature

Balitrox speaking into Everett's mind.
Snake Eyes
Game Master

Post by Snake Eyes »

Dom
Turning your mystic discernment on Statheros, you see two creatures. The first is the pixie plainly evident to everyone's eyes. But at the same time, in its place, is an ethereal image. You realize that you're seeing the pixie's true form almost like he's wearing a shroud, or you're looking through a telescope. Yet you are certain this is his true form.
Statheros.jpg
His true form was obscured by something else while Mondain's Calling was transpiring. He is still inhibited in some way.
Statheros' aura is not good; neither is it evil. It is neither Light, nor Dark. This being's aura resides right on the line where the two join, then diverge. For his talk of Order and Fate, and mention of Balance, this creature walks that line.
You also scry the portal he has opened. In your rift-travels and various lore, you're familiar with the concept of some places corresponding to what most would think of as "Heaven" which are frequently barred to uninvited wanderers. The white light could be considered such a place. Mondain's Corruption, still coursing through your soul, withered considerably while the light was on you. As the portal's focus shifted to the chamber with the 11 beings, it strikes you as a place of power and action and purpose. The aura of that place matches Statheros' own. The 11 beings you saw are, again, almost veiled images of the same visage you saw of Statheros. The empty position around the pedestal must be filled in order for that place to serve its purpose.
The pedestal, lastly, reflects destruction, or execution. Magical wards amplify the power there, and being the object or person at or on the pedestal is either a monumentally positive experience, or the worst kind of torture.
Everything you look upon suggests Statheros can do exactly as he said. The indestructible skull in your hands, if it is to be destroyed anywhere, would be destroyed here.
Statheros' shoulders slump, his triumph souring slightly. "I would not subject you. Indeed, I am powerless to act directly, or else the skull would be in my hands even now. Setnaja must have made separate arrangements, because your cohorts here were witness when he - begrudgingly - suggested the skull be destroyed, and at her discretion." He points directly at Heather.
He turns towards Gaspard. "If you wish to ensorcel the truth from me, then have at it. I will not resist you." With that, he flutters towards Gaspard and hovers, eye-level, waiting for the interrogation to begin. "Woe betide you all if the skull is not destroyed. Mondain may be confined to his prison, but his influence is pervasive. Even resting in Setnaja's gallery of playthings, its evil can still work its corrupt machinations. I daresay even Setnaja could not resist forever."
As he awaits the questions, he addresses the mind melter. "You have seen what this foul phylactery does to the world around you. The corruption you've seen is not simply a result of a ritual. It is the end result of the skull's very existence. Please, consider carefully my request. It is for the good of the multiverse that the evil wizard and his final affront against Life and Light are ended, permanently."
Gill
The Correct Path Is Always Balance - The Steadfast Has The Answer
Beware the mesmerizing eyes of the snake!
12th AAT Bennies
12th AAT GM Bennies: 2/8
Wild Card Bennies:
Devak: 0/2
Varig: 0/2
Cole: 0/2
Prestige Unlimited Bennies
Prestige Unlimited GM Bennies: 5/5
Wild Card Bennies:
William Tack: 3
Kraig: 3
Vedder: 3
Shade: 3
Fletch: 3
Findriel: 0
Niels: 4
Heather Todd

Post by Heather Todd »

Federation of Magic/Vault
Morning
Round 0

Heather sagged as the portal closed and the fight ended. She rubbed her throbbing head as she finally released the powers she had been maintaining and shook off the brainburn. When she had, she saw another portal to another place, and this new character with the skull refusing to turn it over to Statheros.
OOC Comments
Didn’t Heather take the skull from Dom when he went nighty-night? I thought she did.
“We work for the Tomorrow Legion,” Heather told the stranger coldly, not at all in the mood for this. She had a migraine, damn it! “We were instructed to retrieve the skull and destroy it.”

Heather looked over at Gaspard. “Yes, magical interrogation would be acceptable,” she said. She didn’t much like the look of this place where the skull had come from. And though Statheros was a bit of an ass, he did know more about the skull than they did.

Heather watches Alex rush over to Xero and attempt some first aid, catching his thoughts briefly.

I’m sorry, Alex. I was...distracted. Gil was supposed to heal him. You seem to have stabilized him though. Good job! I will put you in for a commendation.

Gil moved to help the boy, and it looked like Xero would be saved. They would make sure he got more medical attention as soon as they could.

Heather took a breath and stepped into the center of the circle. She took a moment to turn, looking to each and every one of them.

“We all felt it,” she said. “We all felt the evil of this artifact, the corruption seeping into our very thoughts -- our souls! To return this skull to Setnaja would simply mean his eventual fall to this corruption, and possibly others within Castle Refuge and the Legion. I felt it. You all felt it, the enticement of evil, the power to fulfill our every desire, no matter how selfish, base -- or even noble. To use evil for good. No! My decision is the skull must be destroyed.”

Heather turned back to Dominic and extended her hand. “Please,” she said. “You cannot hope to prevail against us. And Statheros, I wish to see this thing destroyed. I will not take your word on it. I want to make a positive report to Setnaja and be sure Mondain is finished once and for all.”
Character Tracker
Heather Todd Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 14 (6)
ISP: 30/30
Armor: 10/10 PP
Bennies: 4/3
Encumbrance: 28/28 (including pack, 70.75/28, -2 Agility and Strength skills)
Major Psionic: Mind Melters have the Major Psionic Edge and can spend 2 ISP to gain a +1 with any Psionic skill roll, or 4 ISP for a +2 (paid before the roll is made). These effects are doubled when on a ley line.
Mental Resistance/Mentalist: +6 vs Psionic effects, +4 Armor vs Psionic damage, +2 opposed Psionics rolls
Rapid Recharge: 1 ISP/30m
Grenades (carried)
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 1 Fragmentation
  • 2 Plasma
Shard Pistol: 36/36 shots
Fireburst Rifle: 20/20 shots
Adventure Card
  • Let’s Settle This: Play at the beginning of a combat round with no Jokers. No character can soak wounds until a Joker is drawn.
Gill

Post by Gill »

Gill speaks up. "I do not think we will be able to destroy it, or that destruction is in its fate at all. I will not try to force my will here, but I have asked and been told we need return it to the guardian."
Gill Chaos Master

Gill's Resources

Active Effects:
    Awesomeness +9,000
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d12+5 (2.5 tons/10 tons), Vigor d12+2
Skills: Athletics d12+2, Common Knowledge d4, Fighting d12+2, Focus d6+2, Notice d4+2 (multi spectrum), Occult d6+2, Persuasion d4, Shooting d8, Stealth d4

Curatrix' Resources
  • +2 Quarter Begins

Active Effects:
Awesomeness +9,000
Alex

Post by Alex »

Alex looks down at Xero smiling at him and Gill, ”By Jude’s charm and wit welcome back Xero!” Ready to engage the grownups in their contest for the skull Alex twirls his dark wand in one hand and points to Slatheros with the other. ” I doubt my opinion matters, but it’s time for the skull to return to its rightful place. Seems like it’s one of those things too powerful to be in the hands of mere mortals.”

Alex smirks and looks at Heather, Good to have you back. I am with you either way but it sure seems Slatherdaddy needs to take the skull. Sounds like he and his friends got the power to destroy it. Maybe it’s a trap maybe he is on the level. But one thing is certain us keeping it or even setninja is the wrong move. But what makes me think it is the right move is that he offers nothing in return for it. Some one of evil intent would offer you the stars and moon while seeming to be good. Slatherdaddy offers nothing. To me, as much as I want something in return, it makes it clear that he and his people are the right ones to deal with it. Ok well I am going to get back into my armor.
Alex Stat Block
Attributes: Agility d8(2), Smarts d10(2Mars, 1), Spirit d6(1), Strength d4(0) {1d12+4}, Vigor d8+[2]( [d10](1, 1 advance)
Charisma: 2; Pace: 10; Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 20(10)[1] MDC; Strain: 0
Combat Edges: Elan, rock and roll, [fearless], [Battle hardened]
Powers Weird Science: Detect/conceal(25/25), Blast(25/25), Dispel(25/25), smite(25/25)
Bennies
6/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
+1 loot organization
Alex Weapon
WI-GL20 Automatic
Damage: By grenade type: plasma 3d10 SBT, 60/120/240, shots 40, rof: 3
Weight: 75
Snapfire, RoF uses one grenade per shot.
Smite Power Attached to it with an Electricity Trapping ( Mega Version is Available as well)
Alex Armor
  • Triax T-31 Super Trooper: Size 1, +10 M.D.C. Armor, +2 Toughness, Strength d12+4, Pace 7.
    Notes: Jet Boosters (Jump 12” horizontal, 6” vertical)
    • „
    • 2 × Rocket Launchers (shoulders). They only fire the F4 Fusion Block missiles (Range 15/30/60, Damage 6d6, RoF 1, AP 25, Mega Damage, SBT). Each launcher has two missiles
    • „ „ 2×Mounted Rocket Launchers (legs)Left anti-vehicle(4d6 AP11), right normal(5d6 AP6) SBT. 100/200/400, RoF 1, shots 2
      „„
    • 3 × MAE-3 (“Maysies”) Hand Charges. The Maysies are thrown or placed (Range 5/10/20, Damage 3d8, RoF 1, AP 10, Mega Damage, SBT)
      • Fusion Missiles are $3K each. The MAE-3 cost $750.
    • „ „ Vibro-Sword (right arm)
      „„
    • 2 × Laser Torches (each palm). The laser torches can be used in combat (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage
Gaspard Gillead

Post by Gaspard Gillead »

OOC Comments
Note: Rolling twice now, but doing this in order--Stath's interrogation ends before Dom's begins.
Mind Walk Statheros [dice:ewwpo5hm]45673:0[/dice:ewwpo5hm]
Wild Spellcasting [dice:ewwpo5hm]45673:1[/dice:ewwpo5hm]

Mind Walk Dominic [dice:ewwpo5hm]45673:2[/dice:ewwpo5hm]
Wild Spellcasting [dice:ewwpo5hm]45673:3[/dice:ewwpo5hm]

Spirit roll if either wishes to resist. If no resistance offered, or if resistance fails to get a 9 or higher, then not only does it succeed, but it's an automatic raise, meaning you don't actually know in character what's being asked.
Gaspard turns first to Statheros, then, and nods. "Thank you." Without further ado, he opens up the Interrogation Chamber in the space between their minds, and begins his questions:

Whom are you working for--who do you answer to? If more than one person, organization, entity or metaphysical concept has your allegiance or fealty--or even if they simply believe they do--please name them all, and state how loyal you truly are to each of them.

Have you told us only the complete truth about your intentions for the Skull? If you have any other intentions before destroying it, what are they?

Do you know of any other consequences to its destruction besides those you have mentioned? If so, what are they?

Have you told us everything about the origin of the skull and its corrupting influence? If not, what have you left out?

Once he has his answers, he turns to Dominic and again, attempts to open the Interrogation Room.

Whom are you working for--who do you answer to? If more than one person, organization, entity or metaphysical concept has your allegiance or fealty--or even if they simply believe they do--please name them all, and state how loyal you truly are to each of them.

What were your instructions in dealing with the skull when you first arrived here, and who gave you those instructions? Be complete.

What will you do if the rest of us decide to destroy the skull? Will you resist or attempt to abscond with it, or will you turn it over to Statheros on Heather's instructions?
Gaspard Gillead
Seasoned D'Norr Shifter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d10, Strength d4 (d8 in armor), Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 17 (8); Strain: 0; Corruption: 0
Skills:
Spellcasting d12; Fighting d4; Athletics d4
Academics d8; Research d10; Common Knowledge d6; Occult d8
Persuasion d6 (Free Re-roll, -1 outside Occult circles); Notice d6; Stealth d4
Edges: Charismatic, Horns, Bind the Summoned, Spell Mastery (Interrogation); Ley Line Magic Mastery; Ley Line Phasing; Ley Line Gate; Sense Rifts; Shift Reality; Linguist; Diabolist; Strong-Willed; Psychotically Brave; Investigator
Hindrances: Quirk (Sweet Tooth); Minor Enemy (Toben Heiros); Code of Honor; Sensitive; Alien Physiology; Disconnected
Powers (Personal): Return From Whence You Came; Mystic Armory; Mana Chill; Authority; Wings of the Demon; Mystic Interrogation; From Darkness Born; Rapid Transit; Expanded Awareness
Powers (Gear, no Modifiers): Nightmode, Magnification, Wall of Flame (May Use Damage Modifier), Universal Translator, Fortify Will (may use Greater Boost Modifier)
Special: Communication Rift; Dimension Sense
Gear
Soulguard (+2 Resistance to Corruption/mind control; Fortify Will Power)
Combat Mage Heavy EBA (+6A/+3T, +2 Strength Die-types)
Vibro-Knife (Str + d4 MD, AP 6)
Rift Staff (Str + d6, Parry +1, Manipulate Rifts +2, 2-handed, +2 PPE/rd to do MD)
Branaghan Arms Special Overcoat (+2A/+1T; It Has Pockets!)
Bag of Holding
Joseph Cook
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Joseph Cook »

Joseph unstraps his staff, and lays it across his open palms. He looks to Dominic. "Here, I'll trade you. This staff is enchanted. I'll trade you for the skull so you don't go away empty handed." The staff is pitch black, a slight char to it.
Snake Eyes
Game Master

Post by Snake Eyes »

Statheros makes no attempt to resist the interrogation. He opens his mind and answers every question.
Interrogation
"I am part of, and answer only to, the Twelve Celestial Guardians. We maintain Balance between Order and Chaos. If you consider those concepts to be "entities," then the Twelve answer to them. My loyalty is unwavering - my name is Steadfast. I am incorruptible. I have been, however, bound by the magic of Mondain and his masters, unable to act directly. Such is the power of their malevolence."
The experience of scrying his mind is unlike any other being you've encountered. Mortal thoughts are littered with petty concerns, self-interests, and futile attempts at deception and rationalization. Statheros' thoughts are as clear as day, and they are revealed to you instantly. He is single-minded in purpose. Shades of grey cannot be found in him. He continues answering your questions. "Deception is not within me. It is my purpose to see the skull returned and destroyed upon the Pedestal of Judgment. The execution is irrevocable. Mondain's spirit will be eradicated, and the phylactery removed from existence." He pauses, and his eyes stare almost through Gaspard. "And we shall be destroyed in the act, at least until such a time as Order and Chaos demand our reformation."
He shakes his head at the last question, speaking out loud to address the whole group. "The origin of the skull is eons old, and the stars may burn out before I finish. You, for certain, will have shuffled off this mortal coil before even the preface is told. You know now all you need to know. You have seen what the Corruption does when given a path. That is its purpose, though what we saw traveling here was child's play in comparison to what would have happened had Mondain been unleashed. This whole world would have been covered in darkness. Everything you know and love, anything pure, anything worthy, would have been taken from you. Snuffed out like a dwindling candle." With that, images of life and light play before the eyes of all assembled.
Rynna sits at a workbench, poring over the wiring of a new device.
Sally wanders the hall of Castle Refuge, playing hide-and-seek.
Amber Lee looks out over the faces in the Pub, keeping watch. Tyrone smiles as he discusses the terms of a sale with a customer. Franko salutes a superior officer.
Their faces go from happy to a look of abject fear; then the images turn black, their flesh melts, and frightful beings torture their terrified spirits while playing in the ashes of their bodies.

With the interrogation concluded, he looks at Heather. "What you ask is unwise. The ritual we perform to destroy the skull would consume you as well, should you witness it. In this, sadly, you must have faith. Speak with your friend." Statheros nods towards Gaspard. "I have revealed to him the truth of my purpose. I did not deceive him, nor can I utter falsehood."

He looks at Dom. "I will not take it from you. I cannot. I know not what motive drives you. Know simply that anything you could live for would be undone by this cursed phylactery."

He addresses Heather again. "Judge not your new associate too harshly. Setnaja is persuasive, and makes a valid point that may resonate with any other artifact you deal with. There can be power found in the tools of the enemy." He gestures towards the skull in Dom's hands. "But that one is beyond even his reckoning. And if he were to realize it, it would be too late. He lacks the means to truly destroy the thing. He may find a portal to the deepest, darkest hole in the furthest-flung dimension to stow it in, but it would only make itself known, and ensnare a pawn to carry it to the next doomed world."

Again, the pixie flutters towards Dominic and holds out his hands. "Let wisdom rule. Give me the skull. There is more to live for than naive orders from those who do not comprehend the forces they meddle with."
Beware the mesmerizing eyes of the snake!
12th AAT Bennies
12th AAT GM Bennies: 2/8
Wild Card Bennies:
Devak: 0/2
Varig: 0/2
Cole: 0/2
Prestige Unlimited Bennies
Prestige Unlimited GM Bennies: 5/5
Wild Card Bennies:
William Tack: 3
Kraig: 3
Vedder: 3
Shade: 3
Fletch: 3
Findriel: 0
Niels: 4
Gaspard Gillead

Post by Gaspard Gillead »

Gaspard nods. "He is, at a bare minimum, telling the truth as he knows it--and he seems to know quite a bit. I'm good with trusting him." Then he turns to Dominic. "So, you're next, unless you just want to give it up now."
OOC Comments
If Dominic doesn't give up the skull right away, Gaspard proceeds as above--Spirit 9 to resist the MindWalk effect.
Gaspard Gillead
Seasoned D'Norr Shifter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d10, Strength d4 (d8 in armor), Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 17 (8); Strain: 0; Corruption: 0
Skills:
Spellcasting d12; Fighting d4; Athletics d4
Academics d8; Research d10; Common Knowledge d6; Occult d8
Persuasion d6 (Free Re-roll, -1 outside Occult circles); Notice d6; Stealth d4
Edges: Charismatic, Horns, Bind the Summoned, Spell Mastery (Interrogation); Ley Line Magic Mastery; Ley Line Phasing; Ley Line Gate; Sense Rifts; Shift Reality; Linguist; Diabolist; Strong-Willed; Psychotically Brave; Investigator
Hindrances: Quirk (Sweet Tooth); Minor Enemy (Toben Heiros); Code of Honor; Sensitive; Alien Physiology; Disconnected
Powers (Personal): Return From Whence You Came; Mystic Armory; Mana Chill; Authority; Wings of the Demon; Mystic Interrogation; From Darkness Born; Rapid Transit; Expanded Awareness
Powers (Gear, no Modifiers): Nightmode, Magnification, Wall of Flame (May Use Damage Modifier), Universal Translator, Fortify Will (may use Greater Boost Modifier)
Special: Communication Rift; Dimension Sense
Gear
Soulguard (+2 Resistance to Corruption/mind control; Fortify Will Power)
Combat Mage Heavy EBA (+6A/+3T, +2 Strength Die-types)
Vibro-Knife (Str + d4 MD, AP 6)
Rift Staff (Str + d6, Parry +1, Manipulate Rifts +2, 2-handed, +2 PPE/rd to do MD)
Branaghan Arms Special Overcoat (+2A/+1T; It Has Pockets!)
Bag of Holding
Heather Todd

Post by Heather Todd »

Morning
Round 0

Heather gave Alex a nod, but her attention was focused on Statheros and Dominic now. She considered the words of the pixie. She didn’t sense any dishonesty. “If destroying it is that dangerous, then I suppose we will have to trust you,” she said with a sigh.
Character Tracker
Major Psionic: Mind Melters have the Major Psionic Edge and can spend 2 ISP to gain a +1 with any Psionic skill roll, or 4 ISP for a +2 (paid before the roll is made). These effects are doubled when on a ley line.
Mental Resistance/Mentalist: +6 vs Psionic effects, +4 Armor vs Psionic damage, +2 opposed Psionics rolls
Grenades (carried)
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 1 Fragmentation
  • 2 Plasma
Adventure Card
  • Let’s Settle This: Play at the beginning of a combat round with no Jokers. No character can soak wounds until a Joker is drawn.
Dominic Skodati

Post by Dominic Skodati »

What a bunch of sad saps, Dom thinks as they press and subtle threaten him to return the skull. How good are good guys who threaten violence anyway? No different than Butch Dutcher's enforcers if you ask me.

Suddenly, someone gets wise and tries to make a deal. Scanning the staff the Rift Runner gives it the once over with his wizard site and nods appreciatively. He makes a show of thinking the deal over, "The staff for the skull eh? I think I can live with that."

Before he hands it over Dom takes a read of the dimensional portal. Knowing where the skull is being stored is the next best thing to having it.
Spellcasting 7
Spellcasting [dice:1447zdd0]45785:0[/dice:1447zdd0]
EE [dice:1447zdd0]45785:2[/dice:1447zdd0]
Wild [dice:1447zdd0]45785:1[/dice:1447zdd0]
After locking in the location he nods and takes the offered merchandise, then tosses the skull to the nearest do-gooder.

"Fine. You want to defy your own boss, I'm cool now that I get paid either way."
Joseph Cook
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Joseph Cook »

Joseph nimbly grabs the skull with one hand. He then hands it to Heather. He nods to Dominic. "A pleasure doing business with you."
Xero X Kelvin

Post by Xero X Kelvin »

Xero breaks through the delirium of pain, grasping his right arm, "Not sure what is going on now. Obviously not in the summoning hall."

He then proceeds to pass out again laying at Alex's feet. Alive but unconscious.
Xero X Kalvin
Xero X Kalvin Novice Psi-Stalker Chiller
Parry: 4 || Toughness: 4
ISP: 20/20
Combat Edge: None
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card(s):
  • Cutting In Line: Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest..
Heather Todd

Post by Heather Todd »

Morning
Round 0

Heather caught the skull. She felt the throb of corruption from it, tempting her darker thoughts. So easy, it seemed to say. So easy to make this team her minions, to order them to do her bidding, carve out a queendom for herself here, overthrow Dunscon, getting revenge for her family and village, and expand to rule the world. Maybe take this Dom character to her bed as her consort. He could be hers with the right enticement. Very little, actually. She felt his interest.

Her eyes met Dom’s, hungry and possessive.

And then Heather blinked, pushing away the darkness. She handed the skull to Statheros. “Destroy this evil,” she told him. “Setnaja will understand.” She took a deep, unsteady breath now that it was out of her possession.
Character Tracker
Grenades (carried)
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 1 Fragmentation
  • 2 Plasma
Adventure Card
Gill

Post by Gill »

Watching the interchange Gill realizes he is nervous about the outcome. While trying to accept the universes will is easy, actually accepting it is often hard. "Sometimes an opportunity, is a temptation better avoided." He says with a breath of relief as the skull is given back to its rightful guardian.

The threats taken care of Curatrix begins gathering the flaming swords used earlier along with some other gear. A couple of those could swords could come in handy.
Gill Chaos Master

Gill's Resources

Active Effects:
    Awesomeness +9,000

Curatrix' Resources
  • +2 Quarter Begins

Active Effects:
Awesomeness +9,000

Return to “Adventure Archive”