Game Master

X Marks the Spot, Part 3

Post by Snake Eyes »

NPC Corruption and subsequent Driving roll
Fundin Spirit
[dice]0[/dice]

Fundin Driving
[dice]1[/dice]
Xanna takes the opportunity, almost at the urging of the members of the 12th, to take her leave. Before departing, she expresses her gratitude. "So...thanks for not killing me or feeding me to the demon. I'd be mad at you for not taking me back..." She looks at the decayed path eastward. "...but you guys obviously have stuff to do." She smiles at Heather. "Since it looks like everyone is heading to your castle, or whatever, maybe I'll tag along with the elves. Not everything is magic. I'm a pretty good shot. Might be able to help them out. Oh..." She glances over the faces of the rest of the crew, passing quickly over Xero. "I'm sorry for what we did to you guys. We were just trying to eat, but...maybe I can get my boys to head to the castle, too. Make an honest crew of 'em."
She looks down at the stone in her hands, given by the elves. She tosses it to Heather. "You're gonna need that more than I will. Good luck."
She smiles at Alex. "You're a pretty great kid. Keep your head on straight. If you're in this life saving people, maybe talk to Missouri about puttin' the breaks on the hormones, or at least fixin' a few lines to use." She gives him a wink, waves to you all, and picks up with the elf family. Finlorin can be heard speaking to her. "So how is it you fell in with those heroes?"

In the morning, as suggested, you set off eastward, essentially following the ley line where possible. Those who took note of the position of the blight last night have found that it moved several feet outwards while you slept. The ley line is similarly affected.
With a start, Statheros wakes. "I have sent out my sight to scour the area. It was difficult; I felt I was being opposed at every turn. However, I have verified that there is nothing between here and our destination that would give us pause. Let us take caution, though, as I could not peer into the rocks the elves spoke of."

The land around you is bleak. Twisted, wilted vegetation, shriveled trees, and utter desolation greet your vision. The view in all directions is obscured by thick, rank haze. Most of you seem unfazed by the ill feeling and desolate view. Statheros almost seems energized. Fundin, however, seems far less boisterous. His skin has taken on the very slightest gray tint, and he has found himself a minor wheezing as he breathes. If asked, he brushes off any concern. "Aye, I'm fine. Ye cannot overcome dwarven constitution with some dead plants. Just see to the job, aye?"

The ground is boggy, likely accounting for Finlorin and Sherlindrea's slow going. You pass the husks of a few villages on your way. The blight is indiscriminate; the buildings themselves have succumbed to the sickness and appear rotted. Alex and Everett's respective sensors can see that the buildings are unstable due to the compromised framing. While Finlorin and Sherlindrea spent several days walking, you are being driven in a well built and maintained vehicle by an experienced pilot and a minimally-competent co-pilot. The vehicle picks its way over sudden, jagged rocks, mud bogs, and fallen trees that practically crumble on contact. You make excellent time along the ley line. Fundin, despite his new wheeze, had the throttle pinned as best he could without twisting the trailer off of the hitch. The mid-afternoon (at least, the time says it's mid-afternoon; the sunlight is so scattered by the haze that it's difficult to tell) finds you arriving at what would appear to be your destination.

A collection of jagged black rocks appear at the edge of a lake (if it can be called that). The land around them is shifted and broken, as if they were a recent addition to the landscape. Fundin pulls the mountaineer as close as he is able, but the tires are still mired in about a foot of muck, as the lake has putrified and appears to have soaked into the surrounding land, turning it into a fetid swamp. "This is as close as I can get ye. I'll <wheeze> turn her around and get us facin' the other way. I've a feelin' a hasty retreat isn't a bad backup plan, ehhhhhhh <wheeze>? I'll keep her runnin' for ye."

There is a footpath leading through a cleft in the wall, barely wide enough to accommodate Alex's armor or Proditione's bulk. The already hazy light is further dimmed by the dipping of the sun to dusk. Fundin's already dampened mood grows even more serious. "Durin be with ye all. Me beauty'll be ready to run as soon as ye make it back."

Statheros is practically bursting forth from the mountaineer as soon as the door opens, frantic with the passage of time. "Make haste! I sense a foul hour approaches. Hurry! Hurry!" Statheros, it seems, has little patience for those whose primary method of movement isn't flight.

Note: for those to whom it matters, you are directly on a ley line.
Instructions
Declare actions and equipment loadouts (going through the footpath, turning around and getting the flock outta there, setting up camp, enjoying a spot of tea).
If it is your intention to go through the footpath (all aboaaaarrrd!) roll Notice at -2, extra -2 for dim lighting and haze unless you have some kind of optics system which will cut through the haze. Those with Danger Sense can give me a roll ignoring the dim lighting (-2 per the edge unless you have Sixth Sense edge). You may also, instead, give me a tracking roll at -1, -2 for dim lighting unless you have optics to compensate. React accordingly to your trip through the footpath. Takes about 3 minutes to pick your way through.
Sum up penalties:
Notice -4, or -2 with night/thermal vision / optics system
Danger Sense -2
Sixth Sense 0
Tracking -3, or -1 with night/thermal vision / optics system
Beware the mesmerizing eyes of the snake!
12th AAT Bennies
12th AAT GM Bennies: 2/8
Wild Card Bennies:
Devak: 0/2
Varig: 0/2
Cole: 0/2
Prestige Unlimited Bennies
Prestige Unlimited GM Bennies: 5/5
Wild Card Bennies:
William Tack: 3
Kraig: 3
Vedder: 3
Shade: 3
Fletch: 3
Findriel: 0
Niels: 4
Xero X Kelvin

Re: X Marks the Spot, Part 3

Post by Xero X Kelvin »

Psychic Sense
Psychic Sense: Psi-Stalkers have the inherent ability to detect arcana, usable at will. They use the Notice skill to detect the presence and location of any psychic or magic energies, beings, or items. They can also use the Tracking skill to track a specific magical or psionic entity. This sense works to detect anything psychic, magic, or supernatural, including invisible and astral beings. Psychic Sense doesn’t work inside sealed armor or vehicles. Cybernetic implants also cause problems; every point of Strain imposes a −1 penalty when the Psi-Stalker uses his Psychic Sense.
Xero stands near the boundry for corruption and lets his senses tell him about his surroundings. "Statheros! Any identifiable features or magic signatures you can give me for the skull?"
GM Feedback
Can I roll Notice twice? Once for general physical observation and second for Detect Arcana?
If Statheros has magical identification that Xero can use to focus on, then he would like to roll Detect Arcana - Tracking as well.
Notice 10
  • Notice [dice]0[/dice]
  • Aced Notice [dice]2[/dice]
  • Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Last edited by Xero X Kelvin on Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Xero X Kalvin
Xero X Kalvin Novice Psi-Stalker Chiller
Parry: 4 || Toughness: 4
ISP: 20/20
Combat Edge: None
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card(s):
  • Cutting In Line: Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest..
Gaspard Gillead

Post by Gaspard Gillead »

Persuasion 5 on Fundin; Notice 13 on the footpath
Persuasion: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Persuasion: [dice]1[/dice]

Notice [dice]2[/dice] ACE [dice]5[/dice] ACE [dice]7[/dice]
Wild Notice [dice]3[/dice]
Also applies to Expanded Awareness (Free Detect Arcana)

Proditione Notice (half penalty from dim lighting) [dice]4[/dice] ACE [dice]6[/dice]

"Yes, we should go--as soon as Fundin uses his stone on himself, and takes Heather's spare. I don't want to come back to a corrupted dwarf holding of our only ride out of here." A pause, and then in a somewhat gentler tone, he continues. "Fighting a dwarf would be terrifying enough, Driver. One turned to the dark would be devastating."

Once on the path, Gaspard is remarkably sure-footed. "We sometimes had to run through training exercises like this at the academy." Peering into the mists, he keeps a watch for both mundane and arcane threats.
Gaspard Gillead
Seasoned D'Norr Shifter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d10, Strength d4 (d8 in armor), Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 17 (8); Strain: 0; Corruption: 0
Skills:
Spellcasting d12; Fighting d4; Athletics d4
Academics d8; Research d10; Common Knowledge d6; Occult d8
Persuasion d6 (Free Re-roll, -1 outside Occult circles); Notice d6; Stealth d4
Edges: Charismatic, Horns, Bind the Summoned, Spell Mastery (Interrogation); Ley Line Magic Mastery; Ley Line Phasing; Ley Line Gate; Sense Rifts; Shift Reality; Linguist; Diabolist; Strong-Willed; Psychotically Brave; Investigator
Hindrances: Quirk (Sweet Tooth); Minor Enemy (Toben Heiros); Code of Honor; Sensitive; Alien Physiology; Disconnected
Powers (Personal): Return From Whence You Came; Mystic Armory; Mana Chill; Authority; Wings of the Demon; Mystic Interrogation; From Darkness Born; Rapid Transit; Expanded Awareness
Powers (Gear, no Modifiers): Nightmode, Magnification, Wall of Flame (May Use Damage Modifier), Universal Translator, Fortify Will (may use Greater Boost Modifier)
Special: Communication Rift; Dimension Sense
Gear
Soulguard (+2 Resistance to Corruption/mind control; Fortify Will Power)
Combat Mage Heavy EBA (+6A/+3T, +2 Strength Die-types)
Vibro-Knife (Str + d4 MD, AP 6)
Rift Staff (Str + d6, Parry +1, Manipulate Rifts +2, 2-handed, +2 PPE/rd to do MD)
Branaghan Arms Special Overcoat (+2A/+1T; It Has Pockets!)
Bag of Holding
Snake Eyes
Game Master

Post by Snake Eyes »

Fundin nods. He looks down at the stone in his palm. The stone glows with a pleasant warmth, soaking into the dwarf. His skin tone returns to its normal, hale, healthy coloration, and his wheezing ceases. "Aye. Yer right. I'd thought to save it fer a real need, but...I don't care fer the dark thoughts that ran through my mind."
(Fundin's stone is used.)
He looks at Gaspard. "Ye'd best attend to this foul corruption. I don't wish that evil on anyone."
Beware the mesmerizing eyes of the snake!
12th AAT Bennies
12th AAT GM Bennies: 2/8
Wild Card Bennies:
Devak: 0/2
Varig: 0/2
Cole: 0/2
Prestige Unlimited Bennies
Prestige Unlimited GM Bennies: 5/5
Wild Card Bennies:
William Tack: 3
Kraig: 3
Vedder: 3
Shade: 3
Fletch: 3
Findriel: 0
Niels: 4
Alex

Post by Alex »

Notice 5, no danger sense
Notice, dimension the dice, nightvision, sensor suite +2 [dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice]
Extra skills, Persuation 6, Kn arcana 6
Persuation on the girls leaving, does Alex have the moves? [dice]2[/dice] wild [dice]3[/dice]
What does Alex know about this kind of blight, what causes it, how to stop it. Can these stones be the key to making it go away? Kn Arcana [dice]4[/dice] wild [dice]5[/dice]
Alex pulls out a cup of hot tea, earl grey and sips it while taking the dating advice offered by Xanna and Missouri pretty well. ” Awe shucks guys I just like giving into my youthful impulses and saying what I am feeling you know?” He waves good by to Xanna and the elf then laughs playfuly and nods to big M, ” So M what is the best line?” He sips a bit more tea adding a couple of sugar cubes.

After gets some advice from M, Alex heads over to Perdi for a comparitive lesson in one liners. He eyes Perdi for a few seconds and then clops over to the demon. ”Hey big guy, what do you know about the coruption of young hearts? Got any good lines that will do the trick?” Wow, this tea is just about as good as the advice I am getting.

Got your back Everrette. Rockets, maysaies, 2 chain swords, grenade launcher, mini railgun, and ion pistol. Even got my water cannon and dispel beam on standby. I might not be sneaky but I can get your back if trouble finds you.” Alex tosses the tea cup aside and looks to be ready and willing to head into what ever trouble Everrett is roaring to get too.
Inside The Suit
”Archie, what kind of info do you have about this blight? Can you activate the arcane radar and get us some answers?”
Archie’ calm voice answers, ” Processing... Processing... Activating Arcane radar...
Activating Detect Arcana 7
Detect arcana uses Kn Electronics [dice]6[/dice] wild [dice]7[/dice]
Alex Stat Block
Attributes: Agility d8(2), Smarts d10(2Mars, 1), Spirit d6(1), Strength d4(0) {1d12+4}, Vigor d8+[2]( [d10](1, 1 advance)
Charisma: 2; Pace: 10; Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 20(10)[1] MDC; Strain: 0
Combat Edges: Elan, rock and roll, [fearless], [Battle hardened]
Powers Weird Science: Detect/conceal(25/25), Blast(25/25), Dispel(25/25), smite(25/25)
Bennies
6/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
+1 loot organization
Alex Weapon
WI-GL20 Automatic
Damage: By grenade type: plasma 3d10 SBT, 60/120/240, shots 40, rof: 3
Weight: 75
Snapfire, RoF uses one grenade per shot.
Smite Power Attached to it with an Electricity Trapping ( Mega Version is Available as well)
Alex Armor
  • Triax T-31 Super Trooper: Size 1, +10 M.D.C. Armor, +2 Toughness, Strength d12+4, Pace 7.
    Notes: Jet Boosters (Jump 12” horizontal, 6” vertical)
    • „
    • 2 × Rocket Launchers (shoulders). They only fire the F4 Fusion Block missiles (Range 15/30/60, Damage 6d6, RoF 1, AP 25, Mega Damage, SBT). Each launcher has two missiles
    • „ „ 2×Mounted Rocket Launchers (legs)Left anti-vehicle(4d6 AP11), right normal(5d6 AP6) SBT. 100/200/400, RoF 1, shots 2
      „„
    • 3 × MAE-3 (“Maysies”) Hand Charges. The Maysies are thrown or placed (Range 5/10/20, Damage 3d8, RoF 1, AP 10, Mega Damage, SBT)
      • Fusion Missiles are $3K each. The MAE-3 cost $750.
    • „ „ Vibro-Sword (right arm)
      „„
    • 2 × Laser Torches (each palm). The laser torches can be used in combat (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage
Everett Jackson
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Everett Jackson »

Notice (Danger Sense) 6, -1 Benny
Danger Sense: [dice]0[/dice] (-2 for Scene)
Wild: [dice]1[/dice]
EE: [dice]2[/dice]
Everett hops out of the trailer once Fundin has it in position. He wields Balitrox at the ready with his meat hands, and he caresses each of his other weapons as he decides which girls to take with him.

He whispers, "Manuela, you have to come with me...But you'd be lonely without one of your sisters. Would you prefer Mina or Trixy? Man..Trixy's light and sleek, but I have less ammo...Mina's a killer but her ammo's more expensive...and she's, uh, hefty?"
Flipping a coin; Tails (2)
Heads = 1, TX-50; Tails = 2, Mini
Flipping a coin:[dice]3[/dice]
Everett just cant decide, so he whips out a pre-rifts quarter, flips it in the air with his thumb and calls out, "Tails!"

When he catches it, he flips it over onto the back of his hand and looks at it. It is indeed tails. He grins and says, "I guess its Manuela and Mina today. Hmm..Ok, you can come to Chaynee. I know you have a thing for mean ol' Balitrox."

"MEATBAG. You will not degrade me with your fantasies of sentient armament romance. You will respect me, meatbag, or you will regret it!" Balitrox roars within Everett's mind.

Everett promptly ignores the axe and uses his metal hands to pick up his chain sword and strap it and the manpack onto his back securely. Then he takes his mini railgun into his metal hands.

Everett gives the surrounding area a quick once over to make sure there are no immediate threats before turning to his allies and saying, "I want to scout the path ahead before the whole group risks it. Any volunteers?"
OOC Comments
Everett wants to scout with 1-2 other characters before the whole group jumps in.
Everett Jackson, Titan Juicer
Everett, Human Titan Juicer
Pace: 10(d8); Parry: 8(1) Toughness: 24(9)
  • Uncanny Reflexes: Juicer reflexes are superhuman, granting them −2 to be hit by any attack they are aware of and +2 on Evasion rolls.
Note: Neither Quick nor Uncanny Reflexes apply on the first round of an unexpected combat/high-stress situation.
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Ravenous Abandon (Berserk): Per the Berserk Edge, Everett can flip the switch and give partial control over his actions to the Reaver of Essence. This comes at a cost - ending Balitrox's berserking rage is not an option until its hunger has been sated by the blood of a wielder of arcane power
  • Charge: She may ignore the penalty for Running when making a Fighting attack at the end of her movement.
    • Overrun: If he moves at least one inch beyond his normal Pace before making any Fighting attacks, the hero adds +2 to the damage rolls. Any target Shaken by such an attack is knocked prone.
  • Drug-induced Euphoria/Tranquility: In order to keep the Juicer from burning out over a matter of days, the bio-comp constantly supplies a combination of psychotropic drugs and chemical inhibitors to keep him happy and calm. Juicers live in a state somewhere between mildly ecstatic and stoned, which causes −1 to all Smarts or Smarts-linked skill rolls in non-combat or low stress situations. On the first round of an unexpected combat or high-stress situation, the Juicer doesn’t gain the benefits of Uncanny Reflexes or Quick.
  • Frenzy: A character with Frenzy rolls a second Fighting die with any one of his Fighting attacks for the turn. The extra die may be allocated to the same or different targets as he sees fit. Resolve each separately.
  • Internal Repair System: As an action, the Juicer can make a natural healing roll at +2 to heal Wounds; this costs one charge.
  • Level Headed: Draw an additional Action Card each round in combat and choose which one to use.
  • Multi-Optic Helmet: It includes a targeting sight, magnification, thermal, infrared, ultraviolet, and night optics. The wearer ignores Illumination penalties, gains +2 to sight-based Notice checks or to offset Range penalties, and +1 Shooting with calibrated weapons. The helmet includes a hands-free radio (10-mile range) and megaphone voice-projection system.
  • Quick: Whenever you are dealt an Action Card of Five or lower, you may discard it and draw again until you get a card higher than Five.
  • Size +2
  • Split the Seconds: Juicers and Crazies often find themselves living between the ticks of the clock. This Edge allows them to ignore 2 points of Multi-Action penalties each turn (they can perform two actions at no penalty or three at −2 each).
  • Super Endurance: They require only half the normal amount of sleep and gain +2 on all Fatigue checks.
  • Trademark Weapon, Improved: +2 to Fighting with Balitrox and +2 Parry when Balitrox is readied.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; Balitrox's PPE: 5/5
Bennies: 4/3; Internal Repair System: 3/3
Burn: 6/8
Edit Signature

Balitrox speaking into Everett's mind.
Gaspard Gillead

The demon chuckles at Alex, leans over and whispers something.
OOC Comments
Seriously, I can't do the demon justice on this one, especially in this format. Just assume that whatever he suggested would get the boy a solid kick to the cajones from 99 percent of the female population, a demand to see his credstick from .99%, and the remaining one in ten thousand opting to drag him off to the shadows for something really, really disturbing. (If you need a ballpark, Google "Youtube Jay & Silent Bob Hooker Scene". Jay's proposition to the working girls is almost right in terms of vulgarity, but make it more of a demand than a simple description of his wishes.)
When Everett proposes a scouting team, Gaspard frowns. "I get your caution, Everett, and you're brave to step up like that. But that would mean the scouts spend even more time in the zone--I think that's a bad idea. especially since we don't know how fast the corruption takes to settle in. We need to get in there, and just keep moving. Best option, from a caution standpoint, might be to have a few folks designated for point. If we go with that option, I volunteer Proditione." The demon sneers at that, but nods, stepping up. "Of course you do, Master."
Gaspard Gillead
Seasoned D'Norr Shifter
OOC Comments
Skills:
Edges: Charismatic, Horns, Bind the Summoned, Spell Mastery (Interrogation); Ley Line Magic Mastery; Ley Line Phasing; Ley Line Gate; Sense Rifts; Shift Reality; Linguist; Diabolist; Strong-Willed; Psychotically Brave; Investigator
Hindrances: Quirk (Sweet Tooth); Minor Enemy (Toben Heiros); Code of Honor; Sensitive; Alien Physiology; Disconnected
Powers (Personal): Return From Whence You Came; Mystic Armory; Mana Chill; Authority; Wings of the Demon; Mystic Interrogation; From Darkness Born; Rapid Transit; Expanded Awareness
Powers (Gear, no Modifiers): Nightmode, Magnification, Wall of Flame (May Use Damage Modifier), Universal Translator, Fortify Will (may use Greater Boost Modifier)
Gear
Rift Staff (Str + d6, Parry +1, Manipulate Rifts +2, 2-handed, +2 PPE/rd to do MD)
Bag of Holding
Joseph Cook
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Joseph Cook »

Notice 4
]Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Joseph heads along the footpath with his sword in its sheath, staff in his right hand, and the rifle slung across his back. If requested he will take point, but will make sure to not stray far from the group as he is concerned as to the nature of the haze.
Missouri
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Missouri »

Alex bugged him about pick-up lines and Missouri shook his head. "You gotta one-track mind, kid. Two tracks, maybe, with the weird science an' power armor ya got there." He looked down bemusedly at the kid before staring out the window as he spoke again. "Kid, there's two ways t'handle women. You can try pick-up lines an' that may work for some, but the ones you really want, the special ones that you might want for the long haul or at least will hold a place in your heart forever? Those you - " He suddenly came back to himself and remembered who he was talking to. He didn't want to give the kid worse ideas.

He cleared his throat. "Alex, it's not about a special pick-up line. You gotta be yourself, be able t'talk t'em - an' I don't mean a mile-a-minute like you do. You can't just barrage someone with questions an' throw in 'burn me, you're pretty!" in the middle or somethin'. Like real conversations. Feelings other than hormones might be involved." He looked away and hid his smile. He'd had other experiences as well but he wasn't going to bring those up.

Missouri looked concerned at their dwarven driver, and was relieved when Gaspard - of all people - came up with a good solution for it. He nodded his head and shot a look of approval the other D'Norr's way. He agreed again on the subject of scouting, "I agree. The less time all of use can be on this...blight place, the better. An' I think we're on a bituva time cruch, so let's just get to it."
Tracking 11
Tracking -1, normally at +2, so total +1.
Tracking die [dice]0[/dice], Ace die [dice]2[/dice], Wild die [dice]1[/dice], Ace die [dice]3[/dice].
Missouri Smith
Character Summary
D'Norr A.R.E.S. Archaeologist

Special: -2 vs Fear; Can get irritable/impatient during periods of low activity (requires a Spirit Roll or gets -2 Charisma and -1 to Trait rolls)

Active effects: Quickness (with raise so redraw Initiative lower than 8); +2 Pace, +1 die Agility.
TK Machinegun - Serious Problem: The device or gear applies a –2 to all Trait rolls where it’s used, or its applicable bonus is reduced by 2.

Wounds:

Parry: 7; Toughness: 21(11)
Weapons: TK Machinegun; Shard Pistol; TW Energy Whip

Edges: AB Magic, Attractive, Rapid Recharge, Strong Willed, Wizard

Charisma: +3 (-4 w/Coalition)

Bennies: 4

PPE: 25/20
Powers: Armor, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Quickness, Slumber

Adventure Cards:
  • Ace: Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
Currently playing in: Tomorrow Legion: 12th AAT - The Dirty Dozen
Heather Todd

Post by Heather Todd »

Federation of Magic/Corrupted ley line
Morning
Round 0

Heather took Xanna’s stone and added it to hers. She was the least likely in the party to need them, but she would keep them safe for the others.

As they finished and broke camp in the morning, Heather told the others, “Make sure you use the facilities before we go.” She gestured to the line of trees nearby. “We are going to try and not stop. Don’t drink a lot. I don’t want anyone peeing into their Mountain Dew bottle or whatever. Make sure you magic users top off on the uncorrupted ley line. I think you should avoid trying to tap the corrupted line.”

The drive down the ley line proved uneventful, but Heather grew concerned about Fundin. “Are you sure you will be okay?” she asked him. “Remember to use your stone.”

Heather got out with the others, trying to stare through the haze as she checked her gear. She would have to leave her survival pack in the Mountaineer. She left behind her e-clips and laser pistol, her armor and overcoat being rather heavy for her small frame, and she likely wouldn’tuse her laser pistol much. If she needed it, something was wrong. But she managed to get everything else situated. Her light blade hung on her belt, and she had several grenades and her field computer in her coat, along with the rune stone.
Notice 5
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Extra Effort [dice]2[/dice]
Loadout
Stealth armor
HE grenade
Plasma grenade
Frag grenades x4
Light blade
Overcoat
Field computer
Rune stone
When Fundin used his stone, Heather smiled. “Here, hold on to this one too, in case you need it,” she said, giving the dwarf the spare stone.

With Missouri giving Alex advice, Heather smiled at the boy in the power armor and chuckled. “Maybe talk to a girl about it,” she told the boy. “And treat the girl like a person, not a piece of candy to drool over.” Heather couldn’t talk much. She was young, younger than most here, likely closer to Alex’s age than anyone else. And it wasn’t like she had a lot of experience in this kind of thing. “You were with the 13th, right?” Heather asked. “Don’t be like Jude Maverick.” Heather blushed slightly. Hypocrite, she told herself. It was hard not to fall for Jude.

Heather studied the cleft in the rock through which the footpath traveled. It was narrow. She recalled what she knew about the capabilities of her team. She’d had hours of riding in the Mountaineer to look over their personnel files.

“Gil, you and Curatrix take the front,” Heather said. “Obviously, you stand behind Curatrix. He’s perceptive and alert, and you have preternatural senses. Everett, back them up.” He was the toughest of them. “Alex, you’re rear guard with me so we have someone tough at our backs. Everyone else slot yourselves in between. Keep alert.”

Character Tracker
Rune-etched stones: Add +2 to a failed Spirit roll to resist the Corruption AFTER the roll is tossed. Alternatively, it may be used to reroll one crit fail roll to resist the Corruption. It is only one single use of either save, not both.
  • Value: the stones have little credit value, but may be used in Techno-Wizard device construction and upgrades, counting for 2,500 credits worth of parts.
Heather Todd Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 14 (6)
Mental Resistance/Mentalist: +6 vs Psionic effects, +4 Armor vs Psionic damage
Rapid Recharge: 1 ISP/30m
ISP: 30/30
Armor: 10/10 PP
Grenades
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 1 Plasma
  • 4 Fragmentation
Pistol: 20 shots
  • Reloads: 2 x 20 shots
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Joker’s Gone Wild: Play this card to swap your initiative card with any Joker drawn for initiative.

Shopping List
TW sidearm
Hand scanner
Stun grenades
Smoke grenades
AP grenades
EMP grenades
Character Tracker
Heather Todd Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 14 (6)
ISP: 30/30
Armor: 10/10 PP
Bennies: 4/3
Encumbrance: 28/28 (including pack, 70.75/28, -2 Agility and Strength skills)
Major Psionic: Mind Melters have the Major Psionic Edge and can spend 2 ISP to gain a +1 with any Psionic skill roll, or 4 ISP for a +2 (paid before the roll is made). These effects are doubled when on a ley line.
Mental Resistance/Mentalist: +6 vs Psionic effects, +4 Armor vs Psionic damage, +2 opposed Psionics rolls
Rapid Recharge: 1 ISP/30m
Grenades (carried)
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 1 Fragmentation
  • 2 Plasma
Shard Pistol: 36/36 shots
Fireburst Rifle: 20/20 shots
Adventure Card
  • Let’s Settle This: Play at the beginning of a combat round with no Jokers. No character can soak wounds until a Joker is drawn.
Gill

Post by Gill »

Notice 21, Still using Exalted Detect Arcana, and apology
Sorry somehow I totally missed this thread and should have posted yesterday.

Notice d8+2 (Danger Sense and Supernatural Sense)
Notice [dice]0[/dice] Ace [dice]2[/dice] Ace aced [dice]3[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

I will read the thread on Monday and get context outside of just the post above me
Following instructions and trusting to his Earth brother to protect him Gill takes the lead position. Moving forward he tries to be as cautious as possible and communicate any information you think is relevant to the others.
Gill Chaos Master (Rob T)
Gill Chaos Master
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: MARS Vagabond
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 (d6 running); Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (6)
Skills: North American d8 (Native), Notice (Smarts) d10 [/color] All Others d6

Gill's Resources
Bennies: 7
  • +5 Quarter Begins + Great Luck

Wounds: 0 of 3
    Fatigue: 0 of 2
    Focus Pool: 30/30
    Magic PPE: 15 of 15
    Miracles PPE: 10 of 10
    Psionic ISP: 10 of 10
    Techno Pool: 15 of 15

Active Effects:
    Awesomeness +9,000
Curatrix - Avatar of The Chaos
Curatrix - Avatar of The Earth
Race: Avatar of The Earth
Iconic Framework: Intelligent Construct
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d12+5 (2.5 tons/10 tons), Vigor d12+2
Pace: 0; Parry: 8/11; Toughness: 41 (20); Size: 3 (10' tall 2,000 lbs)
Skills: Athletics d12+2, Common Knowledge d4, Fighting d12+2, Focus d6+2, Notice d4+2 (multi spectrum), Occult d6+2, Persuasion d4, Shooting d8, Stealth d4

Curatrix' Resources
Bennies: 2
  • +2 Quarter Begins

Wounds: 0 of 5 (Ignores all Wound Penalties)
    Fatigue: 0 of 2
    Focus Pool: 15/15
Active Effects:
Awesomeness +9,000
Gaspard Gillead

OOC Comments
Upgrading to Exalted Detect Arcana (free action for Shifters, 0 maintenance cost)
Spellcasting [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Spellcasting [dice]1[/dice]
Cast with Raise, 1 PPE

Total PPE: 39/40 (due to LL doubling)

As Heather orders a single file, Gaspard has Proditione get behind Everett, then takes his own position behind the demon. If he decides to go all Lizzie Bordon with that axe, Perdi's the most expendable--and will care the least about an order to cut someone down from behind. Pity I don't have a second one to stick behind the iceman. If we'd had a little more time.... Then he decides to expand his awareness a little further, burning off some of the excess PPE he tapped from the line to give himself keener understanding of the magic forces at play.
Gaspard Gillead
Seasoned D'Norr Shifter
OOC Comments
Skills:
Gear
Bag of Holding
Everett Jackson
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Everett Jackson »

When Heather relays the marching order, Everett rests Balitrox against his shoulder with the head behind him and shrugs, saying, "Yes ma'am."

He follows behind Curatrix into the path keeping a watchful eye for any danger, focusing on protecting Gill more than anything.
Everett Jackson, Titan Juicer
Everett, Human Titan Juicer
Pace: 10(d8); Parry: 8(1) Toughness: 24(9)
  • Uncanny Reflexes: Juicer reflexes are superhuman, granting them −2 to be hit by any attack they are aware of and +2 on Evasion rolls.
Note: Neither Quick nor Uncanny Reflexes apply on the first round of an unexpected combat/high-stress situation.
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Ravenous Abandon (Berserk): Per the Berserk Edge, Everett can flip the switch and give partial control over his actions to the Reaver of Essence. This comes at a cost - ending Balitrox's berserking rage is not an option until its hunger has been sated by the blood of a wielder of arcane power
  • Charge: She may ignore the penalty for Running when making a Fighting attack at the end of her movement.
    • Overrun: If he moves at least one inch beyond his normal Pace before making any Fighting attacks, the hero adds +2 to the damage rolls. Any target Shaken by such an attack is knocked prone.
  • Drug-induced Euphoria/Tranquility: In order to keep the Juicer from burning out over a matter of days, the bio-comp constantly supplies a combination of psychotropic drugs and chemical inhibitors to keep him happy and calm. Juicers live in a state somewhere between mildly ecstatic and stoned, which causes −1 to all Smarts or Smarts-linked skill rolls in non-combat or low stress situations. On the first round of an unexpected combat or high-stress situation, the Juicer doesn’t gain the benefits of Uncanny Reflexes or Quick.
  • Frenzy: A character with Frenzy rolls a second Fighting die with any one of his Fighting attacks for the turn. The extra die may be allocated to the same or different targets as he sees fit. Resolve each separately.
  • Internal Repair System: As an action, the Juicer can make a natural healing roll at +2 to heal Wounds; this costs one charge.
  • Level Headed: Draw an additional Action Card each round in combat and choose which one to use.
  • Multi-Optic Helmet: It includes a targeting sight, magnification, thermal, infrared, ultraviolet, and night optics. The wearer ignores Illumination penalties, gains +2 to sight-based Notice checks or to offset Range penalties, and +1 Shooting with calibrated weapons. The helmet includes a hands-free radio (10-mile range) and megaphone voice-projection system.
  • Quick: Whenever you are dealt an Action Card of Five or lower, you may discard it and draw again until you get a card higher than Five.
  • Size +2
  • Split the Seconds: Juicers and Crazies often find themselves living between the ticks of the clock. This Edge allows them to ignore 2 points of Multi-Action penalties each turn (they can perform two actions at no penalty or three at −2 each).
  • Super Endurance: They require only half the normal amount of sleep and gain +2 on all Fatigue checks.
  • Trademark Weapon, Improved: +2 to Fighting with Balitrox and +2 Parry when Balitrox is readied.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; Balitrox's PPE: 5/5
Bennies: 4/3; Internal Repair System: 3/3
Burn: 6/8
Edit Signature

Balitrox speaking into Everett's mind.

Return to “Adventure Archive”