Part 1: Release the Pillars o' War

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Part 1: Release the Pillars o' War

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

All players Receive 1 bennie for awesome Role-play!

Part One
  • Its now or never. The Gloomers have figured out a way to spread the hell pillars out in a cryptic design and location, in such away that when one activates the pillars, by using Giest's gold ring, it would teleport all life in a five by five mile area to the dimension Giest was holed up in. The teleport will be powerful enough to teleport everyone! Stunning power, thankfully not being used to teleport demons to Earth, but heroes to stop Giest!

Platoon leaders report that they are ready, the hum of the JAL Sky Cycles being ridden by amp'ed up excited Juicers fills the air. Sky Knight (some say Sky Pirates) flotillas of sky, burn after burners and touch down to the ground for the transport. Two men, one an Atlantean, and the other a badly hurt cyber knight, who bears a striking resemblance to Lord Coake, come out of the Lava tubes from beneath Gloom. The Cyber Knight is leaning heavily on Sister Penelope, one of the leaders of the Mystics that are lending great aid from New Alamo to Gloom. The three famous heroes talk briefly to Flint and Cantrell, before the Cyber Knight moves closer to a member of teh Black Company, Caravello.

Flint and Cantrell
It is a short exchange, and Lord Coake mostly does the talking. He requests some face time with the 13th should they survive back at castle refuge.

Lord Coake seems torn between coming with the 13th on this mission or heading back to the castle. His ribs seem to be blackened like they were charred and scorched. His Atlantean friend seems even more worse off, his entire right hand looks like it was BBQ'ed. Lord Coake still manages to say his piece with the no small measure of nobility:

"Flint, Cantrell, good to see both of you in one piece. Cantrell I assumed you received my note about Flint. He is rather useful and has gotten me out of a tight squeeze here and again. You may have heard of Prosek's wife being captured, if it weren't for Flint we would have never gotten her back. When you make it back, please report in at Castle Refuge. We are putting together a new assignment, but I have a feeling some time to recuperate might be in order as well." He shake's each of their hands and bids you good luck.
  • Lord Coake speaks to Caravello in private for a moment.
Caravello
Lord Coake meets briefly with you. He seems to be appraising you. At last he smiles and shakes your hand. "Caravello, don't let them all die..." Clearly their might be more to it or between the two men, and as Coake walks away he turns one last time to face Caravello. Coake shakes his head, "After what happened in Carlsbad... I don't know. You have demons inside you Caravello, we all do, you more than most. These heroes ... an I, are all counting on you. You look like a deer in the headlights of a ATV... No amount of whiskey will drown that feeling out. Its time to let the past be the past. Good luck."
  • After Lord Coake leaves, rumors abound that he is still here, in disguise and going into battle with everyone! Other, sad news circles around the camp too. It seems one of the members of the 13th SET (Zieja) and one of the members of the Black Company (Gargamel) both perished during their efforts to recover the ring and hell pillars. Sad, the Black Company also lost their team leader, Thrudh here in Gloom. Now, over 20,000 heroes raise their glasses high, in their remembrance. Two great warriors who loved Gloom and freedom enough to die for their beliefs!
The Toast
The Toast.jpg
  • As the final preparations are under way, standing in the ruins of the great Gloom music hall, Diamond Clad addresses the leaders and the gathered members of the Black company and the 13th SET. He seems rocked and sullen still coming to grips with the fact that he is without Ben the Octoman. But the timely arrival of his daughter Crystal, whom is healthy and hale, changes all of that. Joy erupts on his face at the sight of her. His beaming pride and joy is infectious by those around him.

Diamond Clad looks about the ruins of the music hall, taking in the BC, 13th, and leaders of the large army amassed in Gloom. He smiles, possibly for the first time in a long time, since his daughters soul was trapped. Perhaps it is ironic that he addresses the collection of heroes in this happy manner on the eve of such an important battle. Not even during the Siege of Tolkeen has such disparate groups come together in defense of a common goal. The Allied Nation of Gloomers: A great host of Glitter Boys, Magi and automatons from the City of Brass, Mystics and Cyber Knights of New Alamo, the Fallen Cyber Knights, Gloom's own city defenders, Dewomer's defense force, Sky Pirates, Juicer Army of Liberation members, the remnants of the Arcane Company, a rouge CS squadron: the roughnecks, and Frost Giants of another dimension all assembled and ready to stand as one! All told 28,000 or so strong! One might be overwhelmed addressing the leaders of such a collection, but Diamond Clad has faced far more in his time and he had hope and joy in his heart.

"Friends, Allies and free folk. Against Tyranny there can only be one answer. When faced with absolute annihilation there can be only one answer." He pauses collecting his words, "When I was young, I suffered from an affliction that robbed me from the ability to walk, and even stand up. It was Geist herself that found a way for me to regain the strength in my legs." He waits a moment, "She was not wholly the evil that we set out against, there was a time she would be considered my friend." His voice is full of emotion as he continues, all happiness forgotten, "There was a time, Ben would have considered her a friend. Why do I tell you this? I tell you so that you know how far she has fallen, I tell you so that when you are face to face with abject horror you will not falter in your task. She must be stopped by any and all means possible that we here posses. She once told me while I was bed ridden that the only way to stand, to face what the world held head on, was to find the courage within to get the job done. The city of Gloom, and the world itself asks this of you now! Left unchecked she will rupture our reality and everything we love will crumble down and die at our enslaved feet."

As soon as the speech is finished the legions of allies prepare for the trip to where Giest may be. With the ring in hand the alternate-world Victoria Geist and Flint activate the main pillar and a deep red field surrounds those that are heading to the massive battle. Then with a whoosh they are gone.
After you Leave something interesting happens...
Diamond Clad grips his daughter over looking the field where the heroes were mystically teleported. Diamond's eyes narrow when he sees a dwarf near one of the pillars crouched low trying to remain hidden, but he has a bag of unmistakable techno-wizard tools out and he is altering the pillar somehow. Diamond motions to Crystal, and Tesse who has joined them on the balcony of the hotel, "Is that Hans? I thought he went with the Black Company to battle?" Crystal pulls out a TW enhanced spy-glass and zooms in on the figure down below in the feild, "Looks like Hans, but his beard is shorter, and since when does he sport a handlebar mustache?" The three leave their vantage point and and head down to investigate.

The pillars teleport the mass of heroes from Gloom to ...
The Windy City
Ravaged Earth Chicago.jpg
Chicago Covered in snow.jpg
  • Chicago, circa 1920 or so. Tall sky scraping buildings are buffeted by a never ending swirl of darkness that hangs over the city. There is cold, and then there is the windy city, the ice capital of this other-world. Chicago has the monopoly on frozen, yet no one is willing to buy. The hillside the heroes are deposited upon, over looks the city. Blinding snow is every where, a thick white sheet instantly covers anything. You better hope your thermal underwear is packed because the bone chilling mind numbing cold can almost be felt through environmentally sound armor. The hill you are on is a rocky crag of a hill, thick sheets of granite spike up here and there. Down the hill is a frozen lake with many automobiles trapped in the snow. It is a huge lake and there seems to have been some kind of recent exodus out of the city as several thousand cars and people appear to be trapped and about to be turned into otter pops.
Frozen Lake
Cars trapped in Snow.jpg
  • Just beyond them at the outskirts of the city proper are newly built factories, each radiating magic, the kind of magic that can annihilate stuff. Giest's over confidence at the ineptitude of the Heroes of Gloom cannot be made more apparent as literately a sign hangs above a two story home nestled between the factories that says "Giest Rules". Its almost as if she is daring some war strapped brute to take her on. Movement from the facilities can be made out as if over 10,000 purple torches are on the march, the CEALs are coming for the heroes. The so called purple torches must be their annihilator infused weapons. The members of the Black Company notice that besides the flood of cars and people trapped just down the hill in teh deathly cold snow, an amphitheater can be seen off to one side from where the heroes are. Not much stands between the Army of Gloom and Giest's army. Just a few snow banks and helpless people freezing from the cold. As the heroes gather their inner strength and resolve, suddenly those assembled here realize: all the members of the 13th are gone! Not a single member of the 13th SET is here. :mrgreen:

Black Company Player Narrative and Directions
Elliot Ness.jpg
Elliot Ness.jpg (22.13 KiB) Viewed 11346 times
The Black Company prepares to direct the forces under their command, when without warning, out from a cave, located in the rocky crags that adorn the hill side, a man in a suit, complete with blazer and tie, even well polished shoes, steps out along with 5 men armed with old style shotguns.

He flashes some kind of badge. "Elliot Ness, FBI. Are you the Creepers this faerie guy told me about?"
One of the guys opens his hand, revealing a tiny fae creature, its wings crushed and arm missing. It would appear dead.

"The poor saps name was Gack, told us he was part of an army meant to stop some madwoman... It doesn't take much to put two and two together. We tried to help, sent in the national guard and marines. I have never seen... Over 3000 men, tanks just wiped out in a blink of an eye. I lost over another 100 men trying to get the civis out, but some kind of space marine troopers showed up..."

Elliot motions out to the frozen lake piled with thousands of cars, "We only got a few hundred folks out, and just me and my five men are all that remains of the Chicago division of the FBI. I have never seen anything like it, tanks desentigrated before our eyes... Those space marines are still out there in the ice, just waiting... I think they are using the surviving civis as bait. There must be a couple thousand folks trapped in their cars freezing to death. Keep your eyes peeled."

Elliot points to a large hotel in the heart of the city, past the icy lake, and Geist's factories. "I hate to rely on Capone, but his men might be the best bet for reinforcements. If we could get to the Blackstone Hotel, there is a desk girl named Darcy, we just tell her the sun is shinning and Al will come out with about an armies worth of goons. A fast talker might be able to get a convincing word in edge wise before they get wasted.”

He sighs rubbing his forehead, "I don't know, its a crap shoot, but give Al Capone a chance to be a hero and save the city... He might just do it."

A loud blast from the west draws his and everyone's attention. He looks to the west, near the icy river and exclaims, "Oh and it looks like the god damn martians are back!"

The leaders of the allied forces assemble by the BC, and most look at Caravello because, even if he is drunk, he is a tactical commander known far and wide within their circles. Sister Penelope cautions during this moment, "My scouts have reported some kind of enemy moving to our rear, hidden in the shadows... Perhaps Mystic knights supported by mind melters. Just a guess, but we must have plan, and swiftly. Caravello, your exploits are known even to me, before I left Lord Coake's company he said you were the man for the job."

Elliot picks up on the fact that the BC are in charge and more capable to handle this menace than he is. He smiles lighting up a cigarette, "Ok Creepers, looks like you brought an fantastic army right out of Orwell's imagination, go to work."

More sounds of gunfire and distant rumbling can be heard. Now it the time to attack!

Massive Battle!

Geist has 12 tokens and players have 9 tokens (The abstract approximation of 35 to 28, each token lost is about 3 tokens or 3k worth of personnel)
  • Players Action: The time is now, narrate what you are doing during the battle. Do you stand with the Gloomers and try to take out as many Martian walkers as possible? Do you charge into the main ranks of the undead Ceals going hand to hand leading a contingent of cyberknights? Maybe you hangout with Captain Lyboc of the CS and protect the rear flank from a surprise maneuver of mystic knights. Really go wild and go crazy!
Step 1: Resolve the below complication
  • Megaversal Complication: Enter the Megaversal Legion. They are a force to be reckoned with, a premier mercenary company spanning space and time. Take a -2 on your combat roll, as you are hounded by one particular soldier making your efforts that much harder. Earn a benny if you toss in a pic.
    • Make a successful Agility or Smarts roll at -2 to avoid this tricky bastard that will not leave you alone.
    • Fail: add a -2 to your scene roll for a -5!
Step 2: Make your combat roll and narrate it appropriately
  • Make a combat roll (fighting, shooting, arcane skill roll) at -3 if you failed the above complication make it a -5!
    • Players add +1 per each rank above novice
  • Result: Damage Bypasses all armor!! Players can still spend a Benny to soak! We are going to try it this way... Thoughts on Sci Fi Mass Battle
    • Failure: suffers 4d6 MD damage
    • Success: +1 to the kn battle roll, suffers 3d6 MD damage
    • Raise: +2 to the kn battle roll, suffers 2d6 MD damage
    • Two raises: +2 to kn battle roll and emerges unscathed!
Step 3: Caravello only!
  • Make a Kn Battle Roll Caravello will be making this roll: +4 for heavy artillery and light air support, -2 for the cold and icy terrain=+2 to kn battle roll off the bat. A creative battle plan using each unit to their strength can also add a bonus. You also get to add any bonuses garnered through the individual efforts of fellow heroes.
    • Note if Caravello wants to also participate that is fine, just keep track of any wounds and apply them prior to the kn battle roll.
List of Allies:
  • A Great host of Glitter Boys,
  • Magi and automatons from the City of Brass,
  • Mystics and Cyber knights of New Alamo,
  • Fallen Cyber Knights, justicars, law men,
  • Gloom's own city defenders,
  • Dewomer's defense force,
  • Sky Pirates,
  • Juicer Liberation Army,
  • The remnants of the Arcane Company
  • CS rouge squadron: the roughnecks
  • Frost Giants of another dimension.!!
    NOTE BC, Yes you are posting here in same Thread as the 13th SET.

13th SET Player Narative and directions
    Gleason Galla.jpg
    Vick and Bane greet you on the other side, well one Bane that is translucent and one Vick that has a heavenly glow about him. They help you to your feet smiling and that is when you realize you are on the stage of an outside amphitheater. It looks like about 30 people or so are in the front row, but other than that it is empty.

The people seem to be from this world dressed in circa 1920 clothing, suits and skirts with great fur parkas for protection. A few seem to have gizmos and gadgets like a ray gun, others have machine guns and billy clubs. Still others are cracking their knuckles ready for a fight. Not against the heroes but more perhaps there to protect them against anything Geist might throw their way. The great music hall over looks the city of Chicago. You can see the large ice covered lake with thousands of older than old vehicles on them. You can make out the glow of Geist's factories on the outskirts of Chicago. You can even see a hill side littered with the army of Gloom at the far edge of the frozen lake.

Vick smiles and goes first, " I supposed we got to stop meeting at these venues huh?"

Bane just shakes his head, " I am not sure if Cantrell said anything... But I am trapped, out of time and space... I am not sure where. You might not even remember me. But you must listen. In Silver Bluff we trapped a powerful agent of chaos here in this world... Some kind of Ravaged Earth. Missive was her name, the bride of Duriel... She found something dark on this world... Something ancient. We destroyed her army, maybe even that cyberknight Karchev... But we did not stop her will or her masters."

Vick sets up some of the music equipment and calls over excitedly, " Common man, get to the gig. Get to the good part where they get to save the world man."

Bane shakes his head and mutters, " Why him?" He clears his throat and waves his hand up into the dark clouds that always swirl around the city, " There the final battle will be fought, Geist has already killed enough that Duriel will come forth in a matter of minutes. If he steps foot in the mortal plane... I don't know what will happen but his moniker, the Demon Lord of Vengeance should give you some indication. Dark times have come upon us... I am in a constant game of wits against a time wizard..."

Bane is interrupted by Vick who hooks in the amps and is arranging some kind of metal substance in a particular fashion, " Old Banethro came up with a wicked plan man. Did you notice who showed up last time you played? Gods, demons, supernatural old ones. We can send your music through the universe and get them to come here and fight against the demon lord! A concert for the megaverse, it would sell out! I got everything hooked up, and brought all your equipment. Both worlds need you guys to play one more gig!"

Bane passes his hand through his favorite guitar and smiles sadly, " In preparation for your coming we have gathered a special element indigenous to this planet, and have managed with some help from a group of folks native to this realm created holes in space and time that will transmit your music to the far reaches of dimensions and cosmos." Bane points to the 30 some odd folks gathered in the front row, " Heroes from this realm answered the call and found themselves with a front row to the apocalypse, but they stayed for your protection." Bane's image starts to fade as his grip on this reality becomes tenuous. "Whether you remember me, or not. The fate of the megaverse rests on your shoulders!" Bane fades away completely, and takes Vic with him, but not before Vick calls out, " Rock on!"

The dark sky swirls above the old style Chicago skyline. The visage of Duriel looks down upon the city and casts his gaze upon the heroes.

"Vengeance will be mine!!" You better get to playing before certain doom descends on this realm.

Dramatic Task Time!
    • Players Action: The time is now to grab your musical instrument of choice and rock out once more. Players can use the attribute of their choice to simulate rocking the cosmos. In a way your music inspires supernatural ancient ones, intelligence, deities to come to your aid in a time you need it most. This is not without peril as Duriel presence on the mortal plane will mean the end is nigh. Players must achieve 7 successes total for the outcome to be positive.
      The objective is to play well enough to bring help against Duriel and keep him at bay or better! Fail on this objective and you will surely doom the efforts of Gloom's army.
      Benny opportunity, post a pic of the thing or things your music brings against the fight!
    • Freezing Fidelity: It is almost impossible to play musical instruments cloaked in heavy armor, and to take off the warmth of environmental protection leaves one vulnerable to the freezing elements.
      • Make a successful Vigor or Smarts roll at -2 to beat the cold back with cleaver subterfuge or fantastic fortitude.
      • Fail: add a -2 to your scene roll for a -4!
    Step 2: Make your attribute roll to play the ultimate gig. For example: Sprit or vigor can be used for singing, agility and smarts for instrument playing, str for the drums!
    • Make an attribute roll that represents how you are playing your music or contributing to the concert at -2 if you failed the above complication make it a -4! This assumes the members of the 13th are musical virtuosos. If you are not musically inclined take an additional -4 penalty to your roll (Really that would be Zan, Flint, and Jitters for them to figure out: Gain +1 benny).
      • Critfailure: Not only did you personally fail, you did so utterly spectacularly to the extent that you negatively impact the other heroes. Will negate 1 success, and give everyone an additional -2 penalty---Something catastrophic happens next round!
      • Failure: You lost your grip on the gig and blew a fuse. Roll a 4d6, and on a 6 something horrible will happen next round
      • (4)Success: Not bad, and pretty well played. +1 to the total success outcome, Roll 3d6 and on a 6 something bad happens next round
      • (8)Raise: Whew, you played like it was your last gig ever! +2 to the total success outcome, Roll 2d6 and on a 6 something good happens next round
      • (12)2 raises: Rock Legend, you will go down in annuls of history as one of the greats! +3 to the total success outcome, and nothing bad happens. Roll 3d6 and on a 6 something awesome happens.
    • The Battle Begins in more than one way. The sounds of rocking music coming from the amphitheater folks from the Gloom defense force claim it must be Drei Marbles Left come to inspire them to great heights. Some kind of space craft, A.K.A Martians, come in from the west laying siege to Gloom's Army.
    Martians
    Martians!!.jpg
    Martians!!.jpg (36.1 KiB) Viewed 11356 times
    • The thousands of Ceals come storming in headlong brandishing weapons both melee and ranged powered by the destructive for force of the annihilator spell. Something is creeping up from the rear, and a chilling death awaits the trapped civilians caught out in the lake, it would seem feasible the troops from the Megaversal Legion could be waiting among these helpless civilians with a devastating trap in mind. The blacked sky above erupts in flame and fire as a horrible face looks down from the heavens onto the city: the face of a great giant demon lord!
    Demon Lord
    Duriel Lord of Vengence.jpg
    GM note about EP
    Look, EP is a thing and I try really hard to craft interesting things for you guys to do. I of course want you guys to succeed, heck I even gave you an opportunity for a Benny to help you with your rolls, plus everyone got one for great RP, and if you participated in the "getting back together diner scene, you got another". During combat I really don't have a problem with EP expenditure, but for these quick combat, dramatic scenes, mass battle scene where it all comes down to one roll spending EP to virtually ensure success really cheapens them to the point of why bother. Ok well thanks for reading this little rant I suppose. EP spent to succeed in these dramatic scenes has been really weighing on my mind to the point I want to quit GMing on this site and I love savage rifts, my players, and SR.com! Probably why it is so frustrating to me. If you have any thoughts on the matter, maybe how to look at it differently or come to terms with it, feel free to PM me. - Pender

No. - Lars
    OOC Breakdown of Events

Mass Battle

Token Breakdown: Bad 35 Tokens vs. Good 28 Tokens we will just count it 12 vs 9

Battleground: Ravaged Earth, Chicago.

The Bad: Giest, CEALs, Federation of Magic, Megaversal Legion.

The Good: Black Company, 13th SET, Samson: Calls upon the mighty Glitter Boys. Perhaps not since the coming of rifts has the world heard the sounds of thousands of strong sure footfalls and a sight untoward like a nova sun glittering among the valley floor, the Glitter boys march to war lead by Frank Hauffa. Samson: gets word to the forces from the federation unleashed heading toward Gloom. Some say it is a force 10-12 thousand strong. A large contingent breaks off before the army reaches Geist via rift. The city of brass has come to the aid of Samson and Gloom, they will not betray the world to a second darkness and they will certainly not heed the demands of the mad king Dunscon nor Geist! They are led by Valmordo. Jude: Calls upon cyber knights and mystics of New Alamo. Some say the vampire lands are held in check by their might. For the next few weeks those desolate lands will need to learn to defend themselves without the aid of the Magdalenas. Legends will arise of the great emptying of heroes, knights, and divine magics from the city of New Alamo. Almost 6,000 strong head to Gloom... They are lead by Sir Pedro and Sister Penelope. Sammy: shames lord coake into contacting the cyber knights still who have not rejoined the order... Many of them are fallen. Over 3000 of these folks show up bringing their comrades. They are lead by Sir Hub, a young elf that failed in his duties during the war for Tolkeen. Cantrell: Trains the citizens of Gloom into a defense force complete with medium vehicular weapon placements. They are lead by Jackshot Marshall. Gargamel convinces the lord of war to use the opportunity to send a small force to use the conflict at Gloom to train. They are lead by a familiar Dewomer defense force captain. Alecto reaches out to the sky pirates and convinces them to join the cause, they are lead by Captain Gaiter and the Moorose. Alecto Contacts the JLA and convinces them to aid the cause. The juicers all 1000 of them arrive on sky cycles. Lead by Major Helena Hale. Alecto convinces the last of the city holdouts to help. This is mostly the remaining folks who used to work for the now defunct Arcane Company. They are lead by Eldon Slayback.
    Field Team Six Bennies
    3/6
    Libertas Magicum
    Bronze Patron
    Bronze Patron

Re: Part 1: Release the Pillars o' War

Post by Libertas Magicum »

No chill, 2 Raises on music

Freezing Fidelity: It is almost impossible to play musical instruments cloaked in heavy armor, and to take off the warmth of environmental protection leaves one vulnerable to the freezing elements.
    Make a successful Vigor or Smarts roll at -2 to beat the cold back with cleaver subterfuge or fantastic fortitude.
    Fail: add a -2 to your scene roll for a -4!
    Smarts roll for Lib, of course.

Smarts [dice]0[/dice]
    Wild Smarts [dice]1[/dice]
    ACE [dice]4[/dice]

Lib's good, no added penalty.
    Step 2: Make your attribute roll to play the ultimate gig. For example: Sprit or vigor can be used for singing, agility and smarts for instrument playing, str for the drums!

Make an attribute roll that represents how you are playing your music or contributing to the concert at -2 if you failed the above complication make it a -4! This assumes the members of the 13th are musical virtuosos. If you are not musically inclined take an additional -4 penalty to your roll (Really that would be Zan, Flint, and Jitters for them to figure out: Gain +1 benny).
    Critfailure: Not only did you personally fail, you did so utterly spectacularly to the extent that you negatively impact the other heroes. Will negate 1 success, and give everyone an additional -2 penalty---Something catastrophic happens next round!
    Failure: You lost your grip on the gig and blew a fuse. Roll a 4d6, and on a 6 something horrible will happen next round
    (4)Success: Not bad, and pretty well played. +1 to the total success outcome, Roll 3d6 and on a 6 something bad happens next round
    (8)Raise: Whew, you played like it was your last gig ever! +2 to the total success outcome, Roll 2d6 and on a 6 something good happens next round
    (12)2 raises: Rock Legend, you will go down in annuls of history as one of the greats! +3 to the total success outcome, and nothing bad happens. Roll 3d6 and on a 6 something awesome happens.
    Smarts for playing the keyboards. Note to self: Convert the keyboards to TW devices the next chance I get.
    Machine Maestro +1 (mundane device, combat), Scene Penalty -2

Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
    Wild Smarts [dice]3[/dice]
    Extra Effort Benny [dice]5[/dice]
    ERROR: Should have been at -1, not a flat roll. So:
    13 total, 2 Raises.

Something Awesome Check: [dice]6[/dice]
    Got 1 6, so something awesome should be happening.

Lib assesses the situation quickly. He grins at the keyboards, and grabs one of the back-ups as Vic is setting them up, making the tri-board into a quad. It's a fairly simple operation, and one he's been working on.

The cold presents a bit of an issue, but he rigs up a minor TW device to fend off the cold during the concert for himself--the supernatural chill being a bit too much for a simple jury-rig device to fend off for the whole group, unfortunately. Still, it means he can give his all to the performance, even out of his armor.

And give his all, he does. The fourth keyboard, it turns out, was for the tail. The nimble appendage is perfect for setting off a complementary chord at just the right moment, letting his fingers stay on the keys for the primary stroke just a tad longer.

This becomes a key element in his solo piece, "Takabune Stowaway", in which an intrepid thief sneaks aboard the ship of the Gods of Fortune to steal their wealth, but due to an accident ends up spreading it over the countryside, becoming a legendary figure of charity and goodwill in the process--but ruing the lost wealth. The tail invariably plays the bits that feature the thief sneaking in and out of different gods' living quarters, or snatching loot.

And lo, and behold, the Seven Lucky Gods hear the tune, and are amused by it, and come for the battle and the spoils alike:

Libertas Magicorum
    OOC Comments
    Presci Techno-Wizard (Appears Human)
    Active effects: none
    Parry: 6; Pace: 8/d6; Toughness: 13 (6) [Triax Mechanic]
    Charisma: 0 (-1 if Kleptomania known; +2 if Comm Band is active)
    Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
    Additional Edges: Brawny (Helskor); Thief (Cloak); Assassin (Cloak)
    Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
    Gizmos: Healing, Boost/Lower Trait, Fly, Summon Ally, Pummel, Quickness
    Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility
    Arcane Machinist Remaining: 6/6
    • Active Arc. Mach. Devices (Remaining PPE):
    PPE: 30/30 + 10 (Staff)
    Bennies: 2/2

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
      Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
      Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
      Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
      Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Jude Maverick
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 7 Success
    Notice [dice]0[/dice]
    Wild [dice]1[/dice]

Jude stared around him at the amphitheatre. “This...isn’t Kansas,” he muttered. He saw Vick setting up the stage equipment, and Banethro was there, too.

Wait, who was Banethro?

“Duriel? Didn’t we defeat him already?” Jude asked again.

After listening to the situation, Jude sighed. No. This...wasn’t fair. But what else could they do? He removed his helmet, and the cold hit him. Well, that was going to need something. It was freezing in here.

Jude went poking around in the back. He found a pile of old newspapers. He’d lived on virtually nothing when he first left Chi-Town, she he’d learned a few things about living on the streets. He started stuffing the legs of his pants and his arms and torso with the newspapers, even into his boots. He found a scarf some romantic conquest had given to him in his pack and tied it around his head to keep his ears warm.
    Smarts 13 2 Raises
    Difficulty -2
    Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
    Wild [dice]3[/dice]
    Extra Effort [dice]4[/dice]
    Ace [dice]5[/dice]
    It worked better than Jude had expected. He walked over to his guitar and reached for it, but then he paused.

“No,” Jude murmured to himself. He went over instead to a familiar black bass guitar and picked it up from the stand. Wicked was written across it. “This is for you, Z,” Jude said, looking up, “wherever you are.”
    Smarts 7 1 Success
    Difficulty -2
    Smarts [dice]6[/dice]
    Wild [dice]7[/dice]
    Extra Effort [dice]8[/dice]
    Something bad? Nope!
    [dice]9[/dice]
    Jude played his best, and he did pretty well. The fans certainly seemed to like it. But it was hard. Part of his heart wasn’t in it. Zieja should be here, playing this. But he wanted to make her proud, at least.

The heavens split, and nude and barely clothed female figures of all nationalities emerged on chariots pulled by swans, floating clam shells, or wings, flanked by small naked chubby babies with wings and bows led by a young, beautiful, muscular man with a bow. One of the women swept passed the stage and winked at Jude, blowing him a kiss, before rejoining the deities of love as they formed up to face Duriel.

Conditions
    Healing Stone: 15/15 PPE
    Armor: 15/15 PPE
    Necklace: 15/15 PPE
    Character Tracker
    Jude Maverick Character Sheet
    Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
    You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
    Battle Hardened: +2 Soak
    Brave: +2 Fear
    Common Bond: Share bennies
    Elan: +2 when spending Bennies
    Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
    I Know a Guy
    Strong Willed: 2 vs. Tests of Will
    Trademark Weapon: +1 Shooting with JA-11
    Healing Stone: 15/15 PPE
    Armor: 15/15 PPE
    Necklace: 9/15 PPE
    Nike Airs: Teleport/Teleport Others (K. Electronics roll)
    Rifle Ammo: 59 (Spare clips: 2 x 20; 1 x 16; 2 x 30; 2 x 60)
    Pistol Ammo: 16 (Spare clips: 2 x 16)
    Bennies: 4/7
    Adventure Cards
    • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
    • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
    • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
    • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
    Jackal
    Daniel (Lars)

Post by Jackal »

Dramatic Task Time!

Benny opportunity, post a pic of the thing or things your music brings against the fight!

Step 1: Freezing Fidelity: Smarts roll of d10 at -2 to beat the cold back with cleaver subterfuge or fantastic fortitude.
    [dice]0[/dice] + [dice]3[/dice]
    [dice]1[/dice]
    VS FREEZING = TOTAL IS 16

Fail: add a -2 to your scene roll for a -4. Did not fail!
    Step 2: Make your attribute roll to play the ultimate gig. For example: Sprit or vigor can be used for singing, agility and Smarts for instrument playing, str for the drums!
    [dice]4[/dice]
    [dice]5[/dice]
    EF [dice]2[/dice]
    Make an attribute roll that represents how you are playing your music or contributing to the concert at -2 if you failed the above complication make it a -4! This assumes the members of the 13th are musical virtuosos. If you are not musically inclined take an additional -4 penalty to your roll (Really that would be Zan, Flint, and Jitters for them to figure out: Gain +1 benny).
    Critfailure: Not only did you personally fail, you did so utterly spectacularly to the extent that you negatively impact the other heroes. Will negate 1 success, and give everyone an additional -2 penalty---Something catastrophic happens next round!
    Failure: You lost your grip on the gig and blew a fuse. Roll a 4d6, and on a 6 something horrible will happen next round
    (4)Success: Not bad, and pretty well played. +1 to the total success outcome, Roll 3d6 and on a 6 something bad happens next round
    (8)Raise: Whew, you played like it was your last gig ever! +2 to the total success outcome, Roll 2d6 and on a 6 something good happens next round
    (12)2 raises: Rock Legend, you will go down in annuls of history as one of the greats! +3 to the total success outcome, and nothing bad happens. Roll 3d6 and on a 6 something awesome happens.

SKILL ROLL TO PLAY INSTRUMENTS = 13-4..... so 9. Successful with a Raise.

THAT MEANS +2 to TOTAL SUCCESS OUTCOME AND ROLL 2D6
    : [dice]6[/dice].
    What Comes to Fight
    Looking down from a strange portal above the Emperor of the CS sees those below. Image
    Flint Plays
    Flint looks at the far wall, at the dozens of guitars hanging there, waiting to be played. He recalls, that one time in training, back as a teenager, and chuckles.

Coake said my sanity would be tested in this job.

Ignoring the cold, tendrils of warm electricity and the occasional flicker of flame curls around Flint's limbs and main body. Encased in warmth he reaches out with his mind and sends a current through all the guitars on the wall. A riff echos from each guitar. Like 20 guitarist all striking a cord as one. Manipulating electricity into the guitars Flint grins.

This is insane. Those lessons as a teen are going to pay off. Unreal.

As Flint preps, practices a bit, and then eventually riffs dozens of guitars as the band plays he looks relaxed for the first time since joining the SET. That is, until a strange halo image of the Emperor emerges in the sky above. Ignoring that too, Flint plays on!

The old guy actually knows how to play along, pretty much, with the others. Thankfully the majority of the tracks played are well know songs of Drei Marbles Left.

Yes, even old Flint has listened to the band a time or two. By the end of the epic gig his fingers will ache and the sour look on his face will return, but his heart will be happy.

[[Flint Stays Warm & Brings 2 Success to the Group]]
    Just because (been listening to them on patrol lately):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N4tXf3Ensw
    Character
    Jackal

Notes: Increased Action Upgrade (3) Additional Action (Like Split the Seconds), Quick Edge. Parry 9, 10 or 11. Toughness 24 (12) Often wears riot armor in combat but just for looks and it doesn’t add to his Toughness. Otherwise, wears an armored suit & tie, or jeans and t shirts.

The 7th SET

• Chok'lat
    - Cyberred up Brodkil Tank
    • Strider
    - Sea Titan, MARS Scholar
    • Growler
    - Best Boy Dogboy Nega-Psychic
    • Jarvis Ursus
    - Kittani PA Jock
    • Jonns Mythe
    - Quickflex MARS Gunslinger
    • Rib
    - Trimadore MARS Vagabond Martial Arts & Technical Specialist
    • Kriza
    - What? A Human?! MARS Psi-Druid
    • Jackal
    - Oh, whew, another Human...or is it? AI Pilot
    • Roy
    - True Atlantian Shifter
    Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Freezing Fidelity 8; Rocking Out 11 and Something Good Happens
    Freezing Fidelity: Smarts [dice]0[/dice]
    Wild [dice]1[/dice]
    Benny for Extra Effort + Elan [dice]4[/dice]

Rocking Out on Jude's guitar: Agility [dice]2[/dice]
    Wild [dice]3[/dice]
    Forgot the -2, so 2s
    Benny for Extra Effort + Elan [dice]5[/dice]
    Ace! [dice]6[/dice]
    Chance for something good [dice]7[/dice]
    Nice, something cool occurs ... hmmm.
    No soundbooth, is Cantrell's first thought as she takes in the scene at the ampitheater. Her second thought: No groupies.

Just as well, she thinks, as ice starts to form on the edges of her helmet's viewplate. It's a lot less fun when you have to worry about frostbite in sensitive areas.

Following the others to the stack of instruments ghost-Vick and spirit-Bane have gathered, she watches Jude pick up Z's bass, holding back tears. She pats him on the back and straps on the electric guitar he played in their last show.

"You know she'd have said you didn't have the, uh, manual dexterity for an instrument like that," Cantrell says with a grin. "Now go out there and show her how well you can finger."

Removing the gauntlets from her armor, Cantrell realizes the cold is going to be a problem. But a quick over-ride of her armor's pneumatic sealing system allows her to blast heated air from her oxygen supply from the wrist brackets, ensuring her fingers won't freeze while she plays. The workaround won't last forever, but she figures she's got enough air to last through the show. And after that -- who can say what comes next.

It's been years since she's picked up a guitar, but the cybernetic mods she had installed back at the castle let her fingers fly across the fretboard, and soon she and the rest of the 13th are powering through the Drie Marbles Left catalogue, power chords reverberating through the frozen sky so that the heavens themselves seem to open up.

Solo-ing through the psychedelic-proto-thump ballad, "Isis, I insist," Cantrell is astonished to see a gateway open up on the stage next to her. Beyond, a beautiful blonde woman can be seen hovering in the middle of what looks like a western saloon. Sweat stands out on her forehead as she grasps at golden tendrils of energy, and a grizzled old warrior can be seen slumped on the floor next to her. She scowls for a moment at the distraction, but her expression softens into a smile when she sees what lies beyond in the frozen ruins of Chicago.

"Always we must be ready to carry a torch into darkness. And rarely do we face one night, but many," the blonde woman says. "Give me just a sec, hon, and I'll be along with some help."

As the song progresses, a dark-complected woman seems to step out of the blonde's body. A beaded mantle wraps around her neck and a bejeweled headdress holds back her raven-colored hair. Ghostly black wings seem to sprout from her back and carry her through the portal and into the sky, where she forces back the darkness with a torch that glows with golden light. At her side, the ghostly shapes of gods with the heads of falcons, cats and jackals fight against Duriel and his minions.
    10996227_791846280851701_7786953985722446763_o_zpsdzx5xwlc.jpgoriginal-768x501.jpg
    Nadya Cantrell
    Tribe of One#5119
    Quick Stats
    Champion of Temporal Stability (Intelligent Construct)
    Bennies: 2/3 +2 bonus
    Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
    Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
    Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
    • Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
    • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
    • Brave (+2 vs Fear, -2 on Fear Table)
    • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
    • Danger Sense (Notice +2 to sense ambushes)
    • Dodge (-2 to be hit at range)
    • Elan (+2 on rerolls)
    • Iron Jaw (+2 to Soak and vs. Knockout)
    • Imp. Level Headed (Draw three cards for initiative)
    • Malfunctions (suffers Technical Difficulties)

PPE: 10/15
    Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
    Wounds:
    Fatigue:
    Jitters

Post by Jitters »

Notice 5
    [dice]0[/dice]
    Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
    Common Knowledge 3
    [dice]2[/dice]
    Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]
    Smarts 8
    [dice]4[/dice]
    Wild Die [dice]5[/dice] Ace!
    Wild Die Ace [dice]8[/dice]
    Freezing Fidelity - Vigor 3
    [dice]6[/dice]
    Wild Die [dice]7[/dice]
    -1 Benny for a re-roll Vigor [dice]9[/dice]
    Wild Die [dice]10[/dice]
    Warrior Santa Tattoo - Psionics 6 Gain Elan
    [dice]19[/dice]
    Wild Die [dice]20[/dice]
    Psionics [dice]21[/dice]
    Wild Die [dice]22[/dice]
    Psionics [dice]23[/dice]
    Wild Die [dice]24[/dice] Ace!
    Wild Die Ace [dice]25[/dice]
    Psionics Exalted Boost Agility 11
    [dice]11[/dice]
    Wild Die [dice]12[/dice]
    -4 ISP
    Psionics [dice]13[/dice]
    Wild Die [dice]14[/dice] Ace!
    Wild Die Ace [dice]15[/dice] Ace!
    Wild Die Ace [dice]16[/dice]
    -8 ISP
    Slaying the Guitar - Agility 5
    [dice]17[/dice]
    Wild Die [dice]18[/dice]
    -1 Benny for re-roll
    Agility [dice]26[/dice]
    Wild Die [dice]27[/dice]
    Something Bad [dice]28[/dice] [dice]29[/dice] [dice]30[/dice]
    A young boy sits in a room filled with instruments, currently he sits with an electric guitar strapped across his body as he slowly plucks the strings as he practices his fingering for the different chords. He strums the same chord two to three times afterwards as he closes his eyes and memorizes the note before moving on to the next chord. In less than two hours, he's finished reading every chord that was put in front of him, so he starts over from the beginning playing them by memory alone. He then pulls up the sheet music for one of his favorite songs and reads over the notes as he slowly strums the notes.
    When he finishes, he starts again, playing it by ear alone and hitting every chord perfectly.

"What's this, Eric's sixth instrument?" An humanoid looking male asked. If not for his elongated face and long ears, he'd be able to pass himself off as a human. The woman he was speaking to was his sister, the mother of the child in question.

"Technically speaking, the guitar was the first instrument he learned how to play, thanks to you. But yes, that electric guitar is his sixth instrument. He's told me he wan't to learn either the accordian or bagpipes next, and I told him he was crazy! So when are you going to be bringing them by?"

He looked at his sister with a look of incredulity, as if to say he had no idea what she was talking about. She shot him a look back that made him realize she knew him better than that. "In about a month. I found someone who makes bagpipes up in MercTown, and we have a gig there in three weeks, so I will be back with them in about a month. But in the mean time, I do have this." He said as he slid a flute from out of his shirt sleeve, then a VidDisc from the same sleeve. "Now tell Eric to watch this VidDisc before he scoffs at the thought of playing a flute. He might rethink his position. Besides, I'm hoping he takes the bait as that means he'll have to learn a whole new type of instrument, and give me enough time to get to MercTown and back!"
    OOC Comments

"You didn't take this from Aunt Viv, did you?"

"What, no! Of course not, I didn't. No!" he defensively says, holding his hand up, laughing at the situation. "It was hers, but I bought it from her for Eric." His sister's jaw drops at that information.

"No way! She actually sold one of her pieces of memorabilia? That couldn't have been cheap!"

"Actually, it kinda was, although she doesn't realize it. I traded it for my old Fender that had a fried circuit board, not that you could tell just by looking at it, and Aunt Viv has a tin ear when it comes to music!"

The two of them continued making small talk while the young Quick Flex learned more songs to play...

Jitters made his way with the rest of the 13th to the small amphitheater where he saw the ghostly image of a D'norr setting up various instruments, speaking to the rest of the group. Then he put his hand through a guitar that looked just like the one he had been given when he was five years old, only to sell it several years later to man by the name of Tommy Macklin, who was the lead guitarist to a band called Drei Marbles Left. Jitters listened to every performance he could, knowing that was his guitar being played by the lead guitarist. Jitters picked the guitar up and checked the back of the neck to find the letters "EF" carved into the back of the neck, his initials. He felt the strings of fate being pulled hard, so he picked the guitar up and put the strap around his neck, plugging the amplifier cord into the bottom. He then realized that the bulky armor was going to hinder his ability to play, so he set the guitar down and takes his armor off. He immediately regrets doing so as the cold cuts right to his bones instantly, but neither could he make the motions he needed while wearing the bulky armor. If he had time to practice in his armor, he might be able to do it, but he had no clue this would happen, so he'll just have to endure the cold. Within moments, his M.O.M. implants started turning off cold and pain receptors so that he never even noticed the cold.

Even though he was talented, Jitters hadn't practiced in almost 5 years, and hadn't been able to read any of the song sheets to their more recent albums, which the rest of the 13th apparently knew quite well. Times had gotten tough, and he had to sacrifice following his dreams in order to help his mom pay the bills. Nor did he ever get the chance to perform to a real audience, so he was feeling a very new sensation, the jitters. He was able to find song sheets for the set that the rest of the team planned on playing and gave a rather mediocre performance (in his mind), in spite of playing these songs for the first time, never having had a chance read the sheet music prior to playing them, and the cold making his muscles stiff despite the fact he couldn't feel the cold.

As he played, he saw a bolt of lightning strike the ground and a large figure wearing armor that looked exactly like his stood where the lightning had struck the ground.
    Attachments
    flash-savitarjpg.jpeg
    Last edited by Jitters on Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Jitters
    Jitters
    Pace: 16; Parry: 11; Toughness: 22 (11); Strain: 1(?)

Weapon in Hand: Chain Longsword (Str+2d8 MD, AP 2, 15 lbs., aka Paul Bunyan), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Vibe), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Rator)
    Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 2d6+1 dmg, RoF 1, AP 2, 16 shots, 3 lbs, Semi-Auto)
    JA-11 Energy Rifle (30/60/120, 3d6, RoF 1, AP 2, Shots 60, 7 lbs, Special)
    • As an action, switch to Ion Beam (12/24/48, 1-3d6+1, RoF 1, 0 AP, 10 Shots), or have laser do Mega-Damage (uses 10x the ammo and applies snap fire penalty). Integrated scope offsets up to either -2 points of penalties due to range or lighting (or the lack there of).
    Armor Worn: C&S Crusader Heavy Combat Armor (+11 Armor, + 2 Toughness, +1 Pace, d10 Str min, 24 lbs), Tough Clothes (+1 Toughness), Bandito Arms Branaghan Overcoat (+1 Toughness)
    ISP: 20/30
    Bennies: 3 Red 5 Regular

Encumberance: 56 lbs/84 lbs

Alts: Pvt. Logan Wright, CS Fightin' Joes
    Temp Stats
    none
    Adventure Card
    Contact
    Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
    Enemy
    Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM's choice becomes your character's sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting Now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is "retired".
    Better You Than Me
    Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.
    sammy

Post by sammy »

Sammy hops up onto this so called Elliot Ness' shoulder. Elliot stumbles forward a bit surprised by the weight of the sammy.
    "Damn Creeper Cat, eat much?"

Sammy just smiles and hops into the snow his six pack rippling. Sammy taps his green glowing crystal and it flickers to life hanging arround his neck. The mystic farie livining in it taps the crystal structure trying to get out. I know Jobbi, its cold out here. But it is time to make Geist pay. First though, looks like some mercs have some folks trapped out on that icy lake. Meow, would be a good time to spring the trap and get those civilians out.

" Meow, I suppose we can't let folks trying to keep their shirts and socks dry go out like Icicle fish now can we?, Sir Hub, round up what men don't mind giving their all and lets go get those dubs out of the way of bullets and brawn". The decidedly elvish justicar nods and rounds up a cadre of justicars, fallen knights, and men looking for a second chance.
    He comes back in short order with a concern, " Sammy, the men are worried... The cold has shaken their faith that they cling so tenuously too." Sammy raises a eye at Sir Hub and sighs. He glances to the ampetheater, the lights, sounds and detific images bring him a smile. Drei Marbles Left indeed. Seems like they are engaging with deep dark and red that hangs over us in the sky. Best Bunch of germans I have ever met."
    Sammy skitters over to where the knights are gathered he boosts his voice and projects his thoughts in the head of every woman, man and child gathered. " Coake said you broke your code. Coake said you were no good. Coake is and was wrong. You are here having answered the call for heroes. Your faith has been redeemed. The bitter cold and icy tomb that awaits us will not shake it! There is only one weapon we need. It is not your sword, nor your psychic prowess that will carry the day. Heart, is all that we have and it will be enough. Meow, ride forth a reckoning that will mark this day as Knights Reforged!"

Sammy leads about 2000 or knights looking for redemption into the frozen lake. They begin to free civilians from cars and icy tombs. It is slow work and Sammy is using his psionic telekinisis to summon giant cat claws to lift whole cars to save ground. Thats when the ice begins to crack and split as thousands of soldiers burried beneath the ice spring forth. The knights not wholy unprepared for this go to work in melee where advantage is greatest.
    Sammy however is hounded by one soldier, a survior of Carlesbad who's memory in unabated. His mechanical voice drones after Sammy, " Death comes for you Samuel T. Cat. Your kind was all but wipped out, only you and your cousin Crystal survive."
    Sammy eyes turn wide, Meow, a cousin, now that is interesting. That is when the soldier breaks the ice below Sammy's feet with a well placed grenade.
    Agility 7, pic of soldier
    Agility-2, [dice]0[/dice] wild [dice]1[/dice] benny for ef [dice]2[/dice]
    IMG_0276.JPG
    Battle participation, +2 kn battle rolls, psionics 12, no damage
    Psionics scene is -3 and Sammy is vetran so +2, -1 total. [dice]3[/dice] ace [dice]5[/dice]wild [dice]4[/dice]
    Despite the megaversals mad attempts to launch rockets, grenades or smack Sammy with power armored enhanced fists the cat just bounds arround the icy river doing what he does best saving folks and putting enhanced soldiers into an icy grave.
    Sammy
    Parry:5, Toughness: 14(7), +2 shooting with armor on
    ISP: 30/30
    Active Powers: None:
    Combat Edges:
    • Level Headed
    Other Edges of note:
    • Elan
    Skills:
    • Notice d6
    • stealth d8
    [/list]
    Weapon in Hand: Sunshine TW revolver
    Bennies
    Bennies: 4/3
    • +1 optional dream state
      +1 High post rate
      +1 F and G
      -1 Skill trick
      -1 hell pillars
      -1 Fetetic hand to hand combat
    Icosa
    Gold Patron
    Gold Patron

Post by Icosa »

Alecto took one increasingly bizarre event after another, simply adding them onto the store of information she was compiling as someone might add logs onto a merry crackling blaze in a fireplace. There was no time to question or try to pry into the undoubtedly-interesting backstory behind this strange circumstance. Now there was only the battle.

"Carvello, keep the high ground with the glitterboys and take strategic oversight of the units," Alecto said. "New Alamo, form up with the ex-cyberknights to guard the flanks of our artillery from those mystic knights and protect them from interference. Men and women of Gloom, you will also defend this vital position. We need the glitterboys to be free to fire into the CEALs. They outnumber us."

"Giants, Roughnecks, Arcane Company and forces from Dweomer...you're with me. We will be advancing up the center to meet the CEAL advance. Mages, you will follow us and provide mystic support. Sky Pirates, you're giving us air cover. That will be our principal thrust to get into the city. JLA outriders, flank the CEALs and harry the outside of their formation and attack targets of opportunity behind their lines. Stay mobile; don't get pinned down."

She paused to let the orders sink in, then went on. "During the fighting, Carvello will be in command. I'll be in the melee, most likely too busy to focus on strategy. When you hear him, do what he says."

"Many of you were in Gloom when the bomb went off, and understand what we're up against. For those who weren't, I'll reiterate now. Ignore what Diamond Clad said. Perhaps in other times and other dimensions Giest was different, but this is OUR Giest and OUR dimension and she is a genocidal madwoman. Offer no quarter, and do not hesitate! It ends NOW!"

With that, she drew the enchanted sword she'd taken from one of Scara's lieutenants and held it up...then swept it towards the battlefield ahead and led the charge!

(more coming)
    Agility to evade complication: 5
    [dice]0[/dice] or [dice]1[/dice]
    Combat roll: Fighting at -3, +2 for rank: 9
    [dice]2[/dice] or [dice]3[/dice]
    Benny for extra effort: 7
    [dice]4[/dice]
    OOC Comments
    Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
    Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
    Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
    Race: Android
    Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
    Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
    Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
    Adaptable (2)
    Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
    Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
    Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
    Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
    Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
    Shooting 1d10
    Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
    Investigation 1d6
    Persuasion 1d6
    Stealth 1d8
    Streetwise 1d8
    Notice 1d8

Hindrances
    Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
    Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
    Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
    Adaptable: Attractive
    Upgradable
    Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
    Brave (+2 vs fear)
    Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
    Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
    Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
    Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
    Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
    Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
    Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
    Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
    Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
    Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
    Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
    Core Electronics (1)
    * Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
    Optics Package (1)
    * +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
    Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
    * +4 Toughness
    Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
    * +1d Vigor
    Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
    * +1d Agility
    Wired Chip Port (1)
    * 4d skill chip (Fighting)
    Targeting Eye (1)
    * +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
    Nano-Repair System (2)
    * Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
    Built in Weaponry (1)
    * 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
    Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
    JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
    Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
    NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
    NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
    Range: 70/140/280
    Damage: 2d10+4
    RoF: 3
    AP: 4
    Shots: 20
    Weight: 60 lbs
    Cost: 75,000
    Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
    SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
    Exoskeleton Body Armor
    +2 toughness, +9 armor
    Pace +2
    Str 1d12+2
    Full environment
    Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
    Min str d8
    96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
    2 person tent, +20% water supplies
    Sleeping bag
    Flashlight w/knife; solar
    Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
    Short range (5 mile) radio
    First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
    Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
    Three ‘saw wires’
    Fire starter
    Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
    4 signal flares
    Climbing kit w/30 rope
    Soap and washcloth
    Canteen
    2 weeks rations
    Z'Anomandir

Post by Z'Anomandir »

Notice 3 Common Knowledge 3
    Notice: [dice]0[/dice]
    WILD dye: [dice]1[/dice]

Common Knowledge: [dice]2[/dice]
    WILD dye: [dice]3[/dice]
    Zan ignores the freezing conditions and watches the rest of the crew pick up a bunch of odd looking items and strap them on. As they start tuning their instruments Zan gets excited. "Ah, yes! Music! I want to help!" Still in his human form, he runs over to one of the microphones and tries to sing along.
    Vigor 4 success
    -6 total penalty
    Vigor: [dice]4[/dice]
    WILD dye: [dice]5[/dice]
    Re-Roll -1 benny:
    Vigor: [dice]6[/dice]
    WILD dye: [dice]7[/dice]
    -ACE: [dice]8[/dice]
    Somehow Zan manages to not mess up the others as they play their song and even occasionally adds some backup vocals here and there.

As the band finishes their finale, to Zan's astonishment and wonder, a colossal and many-headed dragon emerges from a rift in the clouds above his head. He stares up in awe as the truly mighty elder dragon Tiamat, The Many-Headed One, joins the battle. Truly this battle must be a vital and desperate affair! Tiamat herself manifests to fight at our side!

Awed at the thought that he may have had some influence in summoning the legendary Tiamat, Z'Anomandir bows his head to her in supplication and drops to his human knees to bathe in the honor she has shown him. A thought then strikes him. Of course! Merihk and Lucretia did not really send me to the Tomorrow Legion so wee Jude and the others could protect me. It was so I can aid and protect them in this most desperate of battles! With that in mind, Zan veers into his true form as the final song ends and answers Tiamat's battle cry with one of his own.

OOC Comments
    +1 benny for success, +1 for pic of Tiamat, -1 for RR

Roll 3d6 and on a 6 something bad happens next round

[dice]9[/dice]
    rolled a 6
    Last edited by Z'Anomandir on Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
    Z'Anomandir
    Z'Anomandir
    Ice Dragon
    Legendary Table reward: Badass Family: gain 2 attribute points for the character and his descendants (+1 dye type each to Agility, Smarts)
    Bennies: 6/3
    • +1 for following directions during debriefing
    • +1 for including Shalla in interlude
    • -1 to unshake from brainburn due to crit fail psionic roll
    • +1 for Lucky O'Malley post
    • +1 for post-battle breakfast talk

Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12+4, Vigor d8
    Charisma: -2; Pace: 6 (Fly 12, Climb 0); Parry: 6; Toughness: 34 (16 MDC); In human form w/ armor on = 13 (6); PPE: 20; ISP: 20
    Notice d6, Common Knowledge d6, K-Arcana d4
    Hindrances:
    • TBD
    • TBD
    • TBD
    • Outsider(-2 CHA)
    • Large (+2 to be hit)
    • Enemies (CS)
    • Territorial

Edges and Abilities of Note:
    • AB (Psionic), Major Psionic, AB (Magic)
    • Power Surge: gain 2d6 PP or ISP when dealt a Joker for initiative
    • Icy Breath: 12/24/48 for 4d6 MD or Cone for 2d10 MD
    • Claws/Bite (Iconic): Naturally massive teeth and talons (Str+3d6 AP 4, Mega Damage)
    • Tail Lash (Iconic): Sweep a 2" long by 4" wide rectangle. Fighting attack ignores size penalties, (Str+d8 Mega Damage)
    • Impervious to Cold: Ice and cold do not affect an Ice dragon at all. Non-variable frequency lasers do only half damage due to the reflecting nature of their icy hide.
    • Infravision (Iconic): halve the penalties for dark lighting against living targets
    • Slow Regeneration (Iconic): These creatures can even regenerate lost limbs over time, making a natural healing roll once per day.
    • Fear (Iconic): A dragon is a terrifying creature to most folks, who must make a Fear check when first seeing him.

WOUNDS:

Adventure Cards
    -Villanious Verbosity: Play to make an opposing Wild Card lose his next action by gloating or talking about his master plan.
    -Renown: Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).

PPE: 20/20
    Powers: Freeze entangle ; Battle Shards deflection ; Fortify/Sap boost/lower trait
    ISP: 20/20
    Powers: Hibernation slumber ; Cold Snap dispel ; Blizzard Spirit intangibility

TW Medium Cyberknight Armor: healing
    Maximilian
    Silver Patron
    Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Maximilian is Rolling Thunder
    Smarts vs. Cold
    [dice]0[/dice]

WD Smarts
    [dice]1[/dice]

Agility for Drums at -2
    [dice]4[/dice]

Benny for Extra Effort with Elan
    [dice]8[/dice]

WD Agility
    [dice]5[/dice]

Something good?
    [dice]10[/dice]
    Max sees the familiar seat of the drum kit. I got this. The bitter cold, though, can't be pleasant to deal with, and he knows it. He opts to begin his warmup in the armor, knowing that if he can get his blood going, once he's drumming, the cold won't matter. Max goes through his pre-show warmups, which include several burpees and handstand pushups. Just before he breaks his sweat, he cracks the seals on his armor and immediately begins stomping the kick and high hat pedals, announcing to the world that the drumming phenom has once again sat down behind the kit. He falls quickly into his old groove, double kick drums pounding, driving, punching methodically, unrelenting, in a special dedication to Gloom: Rising From Ruins. The Egyptian god of the dead must not take kindly to the abomination of necromancy, because Anubis himself was roused by the thunderous kick drumming and moved to engage Duriel! The jackal god howls with anger as he lunges forward to defend the natural order of death and life.
    Anubis 2.jpg
    Anubis 2.jpg (38.19 KiB) Viewed 11219 times
    Alex is Piping Hot
    Smarts vs. Cold
    [dice]2[/dice]

WD Smarts
    [dice]3[/dice]

Smarts to play the bagpipes
    [dice]6[/dice]

Benny EE with prior
    [dice]9[/dice]

WD Smarts
    [dice]7[/dice]

Something good?
    [dice]11[/dice]
    Alex glances around, downcast. Nobody is likely to have a set of...

Bagpipes.

He spies the pipes laying against the drum kit. I haven't touched the pipes in years, it seems, since the wars broke out. The memories, faded though they be, are not gone, and it only takes a few skirls of the pipes to remember his old chops. He adds flavor and flourish to many tunes, shining through on the Drei Marbles Left's German language hit, Wind, banging his head and piping all the way. Arawn, the Celtic god of war, hears the call of the pipes and sees the desperate struggle against Duriel. He rushes to join the fray!
    Arawn.jpg
    Maximilian
    Maximilian character sheet
    Alex - Allied Extra character sheet
    Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
    Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
    Parry: 7
    Toughness: 22 (9) (Enchanted Berserker Plate Armor, Tough Breed)
    Pace: 6/8 in armor
    Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
    Weapon in hand: none
    Weapon in holster: Vibroswords (2)
    Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    • Range: 18/36/72
      Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
      ROF 2, Payload 24, Semi auto, 3RB
    2 spare e-clips
    Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
    Adventure Cards
    • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
      Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
      Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
    Titan TR-001 Combat Robot
    Size: 8
    Crew: 1+2
    Toughness: 44 (22)
    Pace: 10
    Weapons:
    • Medium Rail Gun
      • Range: 100/200/400
        Damage: 3d10+4, AP 14
        ROF 3, shots 60
      Medium Missile Launchers (2)
      • Range: 200/400/800
        Damage: 8d6, AP 15, MBT
        ROF 1, shots 4
      Mini Missile Launchers (2)
      • Range: 100/200/400
        Damage: 5d6, AP 6, SBT
        ROF 1, shots 12
      Medium Laser
      • Range: 150/300/600
        Damage: 3d10, AP 10
        ROF 1
      Dino Bladder Water Cannon
      • Range: cone
        Damage: 3d10
        5 bursts
      Good Night
      • Melee damage: Str + 2d10 MD Plasma
        Plasma Ejector damage:
        • 2d6 plasma & heat (vigor -2 or suffer level of fatigue
        • 3d6 using 2 shots
        • 6d6 using 4 shots
        Payload: 10 shots unless hooked to permanent power supply
        ROF: 3
    Edit Signature
    EP Ledger
    Humble
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

As the toast happens and the gathering of heroes Humble enjoys the relaxed environment. It was nice to just enjoy some of his favorite beer, Bear by Berenstain has always been his favorite.

However once everyone is ready and it is time to jump into action things start changing faster than Humble can follow. Stuck in time with some fib named Eli and everyone else seemed like they knew him.
    Now it is time to fight again and all Humble could do was hope to follow along.
    After listening to as much as he can understand Humble follows everyone around. But holy crap martians! These must be the personal people of his father, or just worshipers who carry his name. Either way it will not look good for them as they are about to be broken.
    Humble charge forward was a blur, with so much going on and so many enemies thrown in front of him everything just blended together. The enemies were endless and Humble was in his glory, charging forward in the battle Humble took blow after blow as he and his hammer charged forward breaking everyone and everything in his way.
    his new armor did an amazing job of protecting him from wounds and the few things that managed to dent or damage his amazing armor with the force required to break his bones where not enough to actually stop him, only slow him for the briefest of moment.
    Agility check 4 = Pass, Fighting check 4 = 1 Success
    Step 1: Picture may or may not come, as I work on narrative. I just do not want people waiting on my rolls.
    Agility [dice]0[/dice]
    Agility Wild [dice]1[/dice]
    Extra Effort [dice]2[/dice]

Step 2
    Fighting [dice]3[/dice]
    Fighting Wild [dice]4[/dice] Ace [dice]5[/dice]

OOC Comments
    Damage Ignores Armor [dice]6[/dice] Ace [dice]7[/dice]

Parry: 9 (1 from swords)
    Toughness: 16 (4)

Humble
    Bennies and Resources

Samson Malach
    Silver Patron
    Silver Patron

Post by Samson Malach »

The Beauty of Violence, add +2 to battle roll
    Smarts to avoid Megaversal Legion complication
    [dice]0[/dice]

WD Smarts
    [dice]1[/dice]

Benny EE with Elan
    [dice]2[/dice]

Shooting with Shriek Gun
    [dice]3[/dice]

WD Shooting
    [dice]4[/dice]

Benny EE Shooting with Elan and prior
    [dice]5[/dice]

Takes 2d6 MD for success with raise
    [dice]6[/dice]
    Samson, sporting his brand new IronMage Power Armor, nods at Alecto as her orders are relayed. "This...is gonna be fun!" He offers a salute to Hauffa and the glitter boys, then breaks off and joins Valmordo at the head of the Federation of Magic rebels. Valmordo stands, more than a little astonished.
    "Malach? Where...by what stroke of fate have you run across such a weapon as an Iron Mage?!"
    He shrugs. Who knew a power armor suit could shrug? "Some other world, pal. Some other world. I'm itchin' to give it a whirl, though. Bet they'll never see this comin'!"
    The mage smiles. Caravello calls out his orders. Samson follows some of the other Black Company crew into the fight, taking a more advanced position. He drives his pylons into the earth, preparing to unleash the fury of the Shriek Gun, but the movements are stopped from outside. The fracksicle is going on here? I figured Hans worked out all the bugs... His thoughts are interrupted by a sight on a visual scan of the area.
    A particularly ugly member of the Megaversal Legion -
    mega legion.jpg
    mega legion.jpg (89.17 KiB) Viewed 11170 times
    - seems to be exerting some magical force in contest with the anchoring systems of the Iron Mage. The pylons won't drive, taking the Shriek Gun out of the equation.
    "I'll do it the hard way, you son of a motherless goat!"
    Samson rips Ringil from the back sheath and charges the mage. Several members of the Megaversal try to block his way with rapid fire and some spells, but the suit shrugs off any laser blast, and is proof against most of the attacks. He engages in a short sword-battle with some decidedly out-gunned legionnaires, before standing face to face with the enemy mage. The mask on his face obscures what could only be a look of terror, as Samson swings the enchanted sword from another world, cleaving the invisible barrier surrounding him. With barely an impact felt, Samson looks down to see a red glaze sticking to the enchanted ice sword, but only briefly. The sword will not accept such an unworthy stain, and the blood drips quickly to the ground, leaving only the glitter of ice behind.
    Satisfied that this mage and his cohort will no longer interfere with his imminent symphony of destruction, Samson replaces the blade and begins unleashing mass devastation with the Shriek Gun. "Come get some! The Black Company sends its regards!"
    Last edited by Samson Malach on Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Samson Malach
    Samson Malach character sheet
    Bennies: 3 (+2 interlude & dream, +1 post rate, -1 Spirit for Persuasion, -1 EE Persuasion, -1 Spirit for Persuasion, -1 EE Persuasion, +2 assist Vello, -1 EE Scara's Tower, -1 soak Scara's Tower, +1 saving the complications, -1 Spirit for Stealth, -2 Stealth rerolls, +1 murder wraith music, +1 portal / Scara's tower scene, -1 Scara's tower EE notice for loot, +1 for joker, -1 EE Fighting murder wrait, -1 reroll damage, +1 EP spent, -1 EE Mind Control, +1 stairway, -1 EE crossing bridge, +1 Fate's End post, +1 Black Burger, +1 final battle scene, +1 megaversal legion pic, -1 EE smarts, -1 EE shooting, +1 final round)
    Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
    ISP: 40 / 40
    Parry: 6
    Toughness: 29 (18) (Iron Mage Glitter Boy armor)
    Pace: 6
    Pertinent Edges: Improved Rapid Recharge, Quick, Brave, Elan, Telemechanics, Ambidextrous
    Weapon in hand: Ringil
    Weapon in holster: Iceblast Shotgun
    Adventure Cards:
    • Flesh Wound: Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current "scene".
      Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement)
      Arcane Inspiration: ***PLAYED***When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action, or use a power he doesn't have.
    Edit Signature
    Hans Greuber
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Smarts 3
    Smarts at -2
    Smarts: [dice]0[/dice]
    Wild: [dice]1[/dice]
    Result: 3 - Failure. Additional -2 to the Next Check (-5 in Total now)
    Weird Science 12
    Weird Science (+2 due Machine Maestro, -5 due Scene, +1 due Seasoned) at -2
    Weird Science: [dice]2[/dice]
    Wild: [dice]3[/dice]
    Extra Effort: [dice]4[/dice] (Elan)
    Result: 12 - Success with 2 Raises. +2 to the Knowledge Battle Roll and Emerges Unscathed
    • PPE Cost: [dice]5[/dice]=6 PPE
    Looking at all of Geist's forces, Hans knows what he has to do. Getting in contact with Helena Hale, the leader of the Juicer Liberation Army, Hans outlines his plans. He will accelerate time for as many of these chemically empowered superhumans so that they will be even faster blurs around the battleground. They will reach the same speeds Tick used to when he was still with them.

I miss Tick. Hopefully he will great some of these fellow Juicers in the Great Hall and share rousing stories of their deeds in battle, and hopefully some of them will mention the Dwarf who allowed them to go faster than they ever had before, burning even brighter as they blurred across the battlefield.

Once he starts Chronologically Accelerating them, a shot rings out and gets deflected by the energy protecting his visor. Looking up, he sees an Orc in the distance, lining up another shot with some sort of long slug thrower. Taking cover from the sniper, Hans Accelerates the fastest of the Juicers, those who expect to Blaze out in this battle. As they streak out into the melee, Hans digs in. It would have been more useful if he could have been closer to the front when he Accelerated them, but getting those Juicers under way sooner means that they could take out more of Geist's forces.

Stupid Orc Sniper
    Pic
    IMG_0296.JPG
    IMG_0296.JPG (22.08 KiB) Viewed 11116 times
    Taking out Satisfaction, Hans lines it up with the boulder the sniper was currently using for cover. Tick's voice rings out and the boulder shatters into millions of pieces. As the Orc sniper tries to make his way to more cover, one of the Juicer snipers takes him out with a shot to the back. With the immediate threat taken out, Hans makes his way closer to the Front, Accelerating more and more of the Juicers as the previous ones fall. The Juicers never lasted long after he Accelerated them, but the havoc that they inflicted on the enemy forces could not be denied.
    Hans Greuber

PPE: 15 / 30 (11 - 13 Invested into Gargamel, 1 Invested into Humble's Bracelet)
    Silver Ring 1: 5 / 10
    Silver Ring 2: 5 / 10
    Active Powers:
    None
    Combat Edges/Hindrances:
    Hesitant
    Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 1 /6
    Created Gadgets:
    Arcane Protection (6 PPE left)
    Remote Viewing (6 PPE left)
    Teleport (4 PPE left)
    Dispel (9 PPE left)

Bennies: 1 (+1 Z) / 3
    Base Amount
    +1 Zombie Bennie
    -1 to Reroll Fear against Vithen Wraiths
    -1 to Reroll Arcana to Find Geist among Mirror Selves

Toughness: 16 (8); Parry: 4; Pace: 5 (d4)
    Golems:
    Gargamel (Invested PPE, Flying Pace 12, Mind Rider)
    Huey (Mind Rider), Dewey, Louis
    Alvin (Mind Rider), Simon, Theodore
    https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=76048#p76048

Hans:
    • Fatigue: 0
      Wounds: 0
    Golems (*=Mind Link, #=Winged)
    • Gargamel*#
      Huey*
      Dewey
      Louis
      Alvin*
      Simon
      Theodore
    Carlos Caravello
    Bronze Patron
    Bronze Patron

Post by Carlos Caravello »

Knowledge Battle 27
    [dice]0[/dice]
    [dice]1[/dice]
    Extra Effort [dice]2[/dice]
    Scene Modifier +2
    GM edit:+2 for battle strategy
    Surreal, Carlos thinks to himself as he sees the bizarre scene before him. The old earth cityscape spilled over with monsters and aliens from different times and place. It was like a Golden Age documentary Overrun by a comic book convention.

He knows the destructive power of his host of Glitter Boys, but also knows they are sitting ducks when locked down and particularly vulnerable in the quagmire of a streetfight. He quickly pairs them up with Gloom's city defenders, "GBs, set up artillery positions in elevated positions with clean lines of fire. Gloomers, keep the flies off them, I don't want them over run but close in fighters."

There, of course, was only one role for an army of juicers: assault. "JLA, split into small units and get into the enemy lines. Kill as many commanders, heavy weapons operators, and magic users as you can find, if you can't find any - kill everything else and harass them into Glitter Boy range.

Looking at the undisciplined Sky Pirates he sighs, "You're what we got for air support. Hit where you can, support the JLA in close. Don't get tangled up with a superior force or loiter on site for too long."

Having never commanded magic in battle before Carlos thinks instead of how it's been used against the CS in the past. Ironically, one of the most effective places was in Old Chicago. The grim thought of that war of 88 PA being replayed here in the 1920s makes the mercenary shudder, Magi, mystics, Arcane defenders, form mixed units with the cyberknight. You're our main force, we want to draw them into our kill zone with those Glitter Boys, so advance then pull back. Roughness, you're spotters. This is Old Chicago before it was old, you know this area of operations. You probably trained here. I want you calling in targets for the glitter boys."

Finally, he smiles at the big giants, "You guys are the vanguard. Get out there and crush everything that too close to our people!"

Looking at his battle plan one last time he grins, "Oh, and Black Company. Just rip them a new one.”
    Character Information
    Carlos Caravello
    Armored Stats: Strength d12+2; Pace: 8; Toughness: 20 (7), +2 Ranged Attacks, +2 Stealth (wilderness)
    Bennies 4/4
    Pender Lumkiss
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

GM battle rolls
    Geist: [dice]1[/dice] (Scholar, Art of War, +2 plan, +3 tokens, +2medium artillery (martians)-2 from the surprise attack) wild [dice]0[/dice] GM Benny for Reroll: [dice]2[/dice] wild [dice]3[/dice]
    27-15=12: 3 tokens( 9k troops perish)
    Morale Roll: +1 (1/2 undead and megaversal have a way off this planet) -3:[dice]4[/dice] wild [dice]5[/dice]ace [dice]6[/dice]

now 9 to 9, the battle continues!
    Field Team Six Bennies
    3/6

Return to “Final War on Guest and Mass Battle at Gloom”