The Last Edda (The Vanished Final Battle)

Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

The Last Edda (The Vanished Final Battle)

Post by Daniel »

Agents of Titan Robotics Industries (AoT)
The Agents (Players)
• Jim - Sparkmort Zipwidget: Male Tinker Gnome Power Armor Ace
• Derrick - Caiden: Male Human, Momano Headhunter
• Steve (Hans) - Berk: Male Simvan Psi-Druid Monster Tamer/Rider
• Murp - Rupetta Martin: Female Human MARS Merc Soldier (X-CS)
• Freemage - Lance: Male Dog Boy Techno-Warrior (Cyber[netic] Knight)
• CSC - Ozy “Oz”: Dragon

My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Admin/GM of AoT
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers
  • Henry Grimes - CS Commando - Rumble in the Jungle

Not Active
  • Hondo - Wild Psi Stalker
  • Burn - Mega Juicer - Juicer Uprising (On Hold)
  • Blackfish - Ogre Combat Mage - 12th SET (On Hold)
  • Setrakian - Dragon Juicer - FoM Jungles (Retired)

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Re: The Last Edda (The Vanished Final Battle)

Post by Daniel »

History
Cira Skarsgård: Temporal Witch of the Storm Edda Crystal Intelligence.

Return of the Edda

“Take Nine Steps Back!” an insult meaning, go to hel, or back off and die, like Loki did. When Loki was killed he took nine steps backwards before falling dead per Norse Lore.

• Trudging back up through the ice hole, returning to the surface, Cira pulled herself over the rocks at the entrance of the cave. She surveyed the giant blue skinned humanoids before her, Jotun. Wielding energy lances the three frost giants acted almost as one. Springing up out from their camp, they must have been waiting for her return to the surface. They bolted towards Cira, bellowing a war cry that shook the ground beneath the Witches feet.

Cira yelled back at them, “Take nine steps back!”

Pushing herself upwards to stand in the deep snow the Witch lifted both of her tired arms up into the air, climbing in the plate armor had nearly killed her. She concentrated, she'd practiced this for weeks while below ground. She summoned inner strength, teeth gritted she sang the words of an Edda in her mind, the crackling black bolt of necrotic energy that tore from her hands lanced out towards one giants striking it with such force that it fell backwards with its chest on fire. Lazy black smoke drifted upwards from the dead frost giants opened chest.

Such powers hadn't been used in thousands of years. The digital records, along with the benefactor, had taught them that magic had been the down fall of the Gods, the ancients who lived in this star system prior to the dimensionally displaced Vikings of Earth. Cira had arrived with the others centuries ago. The others prospered and procreated. Not Cira, she had used new (to her) Magic’s to stay alive.

The other two Giants didn't even blink at their partners demise.

Cira watched them both, seeing the events transpire in slow motion, giving her plenty of time to act. As a wicked grin spread across her face, black sickly bolts of electricity arced up and down her body forming a web of necrotic energy.

Laughing aloud in a high pitched cackle, Cira allowed the first Jotun to stab its lightning powered lance at her. As far he spear struck her necrotic web of energy the Jotun was pulled closer to her, its massive giants body twisting and sucked dry of its life-force. Shriveling up the Jotun was sucked into Cora’s magic and disappeared. Only one remained...Brakfin.

The Jotun Commander named Brakfin paused mid swing, his eyes glossed over and he listened. A sweat voice echoed in his mind. Promises of power and riches, glory and fame whispered to him. Cira pulled out a small blue stone crystal and held it high. Brakfin dropped to his giants knees before Cira and gazed upon the crystal with eyes of worship.

Cira let the crystal drop to the snow before her feet. All around Brakfin and Cira a mighty fortress tore upwards from the snow and engulfed them both. Both were enthralled by the massive blur crystal that hung on display within the great hall that they now stood in. The Edda Intelligence now had a witch, the witch now had a commander, the people on this world would soon have a new ruler. The power of Cira would be felt by many millions across the stars and dimensions. Eventually, Brakfin would be given new powers over time and space and a new form, that of a man, who would one day become a Hell Lord for Cira.
Pictures
The Outside and Walk up to Cira's Castle.
The Last Edda (Cira's Revenge on the Vanished) The hotel lobby is covered in blood and death. The 13th and BC are victorious. t'Fethic and his Temporal Students vanquished, although at great loss. Gargamel was a powerful Battle Magus, and now was so much dust, mixed with t'Fethic and scattered across the snowy metal floor...

...snow...!?

A swirling of snow and wind whispers across the lobby. The ceiling darkens and snow falls lazily down out of a night sky. The walls of the lobby fade and are replaced by a vast world of ice and snow. Across a bridge, a massive castle made of stone and wood can be seen. Suddenly Cade stands up, almost knocking Libertas over. Standing at eight feet tall the blue skinned Cade sure looks taller than before.

The bridge lays across the icy abyss cavern between the snow drifts that you now stand and the castle in the distance. Made of stone and wood, and covered in snow, the bridge is at least 80 feet wide and around 800 feet long. In all directions is vast amounts of snow and the chill air bites at you.

The silence is broken as a roar, like a avalanche, increases in pitch. You realize the source of the approaching screams, a horde of giant blue skinned warriors are rushing across the bridge towards you. Cade twists in pain and drops to all fours. Letting out a howl like the approaching Jotun, Cade's back arches and he bends in a bad way. Skin turning darker blue and tusks pushing out of his mouth, Cade cries out in pain/pleasure.

Standing back up, Case is a hulking tall blue giant now. His black armor shredded and gone. Grunting he spits and in a gravelly voice says:

”Brakfin. I Command. This is Cira’s realm. Her doing. She is insane and inside the Castle. Must destroy the Edda Intelligence. Big blue crystal. Hurry. I go no further with you. I fight the Jotun brothers until they submit. I Command!”

Cade/t’Fethic/Brakfin rushes towards the horde of Jotun. Eddies of swirling snow and ice in his wake Brakfin roars and rips a tree from the ground swinging it madly he attacks the Jotun.

Crashing into several Jotun, Brakfin points at another Jorun who suddenly ages and drops dead. The tree is used to smash another Jotun, striking hard enough to knock the giant off the bridge, to fall into the Abyss. A ripple of energy crashes outward in a cone smashing more Jotun back. There are hundreds more tho.

Brakfin yells, ”Go! Fight through them. Get to the crystal!”

Jotun Lord Commander Brakfin surges forward.

As you get closer to the bridge you can see it is shifting oddly. An Agility Roll will be needed to safely make it across the bridge. It’s very disorienting having visions shifting as you try to avoid hole in the bridge. You won’t fall but the process may Fatigue you.

Once Across the Bridge you can fight Jotun and a few human looking warriors in high tech Viking style armor. There is a stone path that leads to the Castle and Edda Intelligence.

You will need to make a Smarts Roll to find the correct stones to run across to get into the Castle so that you are not endlessly running. Failure might result in you tripping and falling down, being beat by Jotun with energy lances or Space Viking with energy Weapons.

Next, once inside the Castle you’ll encounter Cira. ”Brakfin was mine! Be it man, Jotun or Hell Lord. He was mine! I made him powerful. He might have been working for my youngest daughter Giest. But. He was mine. You poisoned his mind!” Her arrows never miss. She can fire bolts / arrows ome, two, or three at a time. Each arrow has a spell effect. Her lithe dancers body is hard to hit as she parries about like a deadly dancer. It will take nearly everything you have to take he down. In the end this witch will split her essence into many, so that she can fight each of you personally.

Once past her. If you succeed in your roll against her, you must still best the the Edda Intelligence.

Pulsing orbs of blue white blast out from this crystal when approached. A mind bashing pain lance across everyone, seeing double you must still best being swayed to join the Intelligence. Vigor Roll to resist its painful calling to service the dark side. If adequately smashed stabbed cut cast upon and substantially abused, wounded. The Edda can be broken down to one hand held gem. The gem is indestructible and a sleeping state of the Edda.

If you destroyed Cira, incapacitate the Edda, you can wander about the Castle. You can find a heroic item you might wish to acquire.

Maybe convince the Jotun to join the fight against Giest. Brakfin will once again rule the Jotun and even though he remembers little of being Cade, he is willing to help you if you ask nicely.

After the Edda is incapacitated you have thirty minutes ... then the Castle will turn to ice dust and blow away. Brakfin can open a gateway for you to return to Gloom.
Scene and Combat Info for Players

The Last Edda, Player directions for this scene:

You don’t need to blow EP, mostly I mean no Auto Aces, use your bennies if you need. You can earn one below.
  • 1. Fight Horde on the bridge which is shifting (Agility Roll) Fail = 1 Fatigue, Bennie Opportunity: Automatically fail this roll and briefly describe how exhausting it is mentally and physically to stay one step ahead of the shifting bridge and not fall to your death. Each shift of reality while on the bridge shows you a glimpse of another world. ..... One of nine strange worlds .... You end up with a Fatigue level that can not be removed until you leave this realm, but you do get a bennie! Please tell me what realm you see, post a pic of it too!
  • 2. Fight way into Castle that seems like it has endless approach (Smarts Roll) Fail = 1 Wound which can not be healed until you leave this realm. Smarts because you are able to deftly negotiate the best path through the horde of Jotun and gain access to the castle.
  • 3. Best Cira (She is more powerful than a Dragon and Smarter and meaner too (You will roll like a Quick Combat roll: Fighting, Spell, Psi, Shooting, or some such Quick Combat Roll that you are using to preform the main event here, destroying Cira!) This QC has two options for a Scene Modifier: One you can be at a -3 to your roll for overwhelming odds and Cira is powerful in the arts of time, space, death magic and celestial magics. EDIT: Double whammy: While fighting Cire the Crystal Intelligence assaults you mentally. This added distraction of "Join me, rule under my power, join us" is distracting. You can do the QC at a -5 modifier if you describe how the Intelligence nags you. Success at the -5 will net you TWO BENNIES!
  • 4. Best the Edda Intelligence (Pulsing orbs of blue white mind bashing pain lance across everyone, best being swayed to join the Intelligence. Vigor Roll)
  • 5. Located a Heroic Item in Castle before the place dissipates. LINK (Return to Gloom for final battle).
  • 6. Convince the last remaining Jotun to join you against Giest? (Persuasion roll).

Please end your narrative with your character going through the gateway, the Castle blowing away and you back in Gloom.

Other GM notes: This is an open RP area as well as you have a couple of minutes before the gateway collapses. Feel free to talk, discuss, ask a question or two. This thread will wrap up by next Wednesday, and the first post of the mass battle will be March 9th or 10th, from Pender and Drust. What do you do with the Edda Crystal? Can’t be destroyed. Hide? Keep? Give to Brakfin? ?? Thank you.
Agents of Titan Robotics Industries (AoT)
The Agents (Players)
• Jim - Sparkmort Zipwidget: Male Tinker Gnome Power Armor Ace
• Derrick - Caiden: Male Human, Momano Headhunter
• Steve (Hans) - Berk: Male Simvan Psi-Druid Monster Tamer/Rider
• Murp - Rupetta Martin: Female Human MARS Merc Soldier (X-CS)
• Freemage - Lance: Male Dog Boy Techno-Warrior (Cyber[netic] Knight)
• CSC - Ozy “Oz”: Dragon

My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Admin/GM of AoT
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers
  • Henry Grimes - CS Commando - Rumble in the Jungle

Not Active
  • Hondo - Wild Psi Stalker
  • Burn - Mega Juicer - Juicer Uprising (On Hold)
  • Blackfish - Ogre Combat Mage - 12th SET (On Hold)
  • Setrakian - Dragon Juicer - FoM Jungles (Retired)

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Getting some rolls out here
OOC Comments
+1 Benny from previous scene

Agility [dice]0[/dice] = 9, Success with a Raise
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

Smarts [dice]2[/dice] = 6, Success
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

QC: Shooting at -5 to gain +2 Bennies
Shooting [dice]8[/dice]
Wild [dice]9[/dice]
Benny for Extra Effort + Elan [dice]10[/dice] = 13, Success with two Raises

Vigor [dice]4[/dice] = 5, Success
Wild [dice]5[/dice]

Persuasion [dice]6[/dice]
Wild [dice]7[/dice]
Benny for Extra Effort + Elan [dice]11[/dice] = 11, Success with a Raise (or 12, Success with two Raises, if Cantrell's fame is known to the Jotun :mrgreen: )

For shits and giggles, gonna spend 1 Benny on the QC to bump up the total, and spend 1 Benny on the Persuasion. Banking the 3rd Benny earned.
Successes across the board. Banked 1 Benny, spent the other two earned.

Should have shot the bastard -- again -- when I had the chance, is Cantrell's first thought as Cade starts shifting into his frost giant form. But when he starts battling the others, she decides to leave it for later. Serves the time-twisting asshole right, being stuck looking like that.

Her armor's power-assist engages and she's off like a rocket toward the fortress, rolling and dodging as she snaps off shots with her laser rifle that vaporize frost-giant eyeballs and burn inconvenient holes in necks and other vital areas. Her reflexes, honed through a decade of combat and supplemented by the finest cyber-enhancements money can by, ensure no one gets within a hands-breadth of hitting her back.

Some timey-wimey bullshit starts up when she reaches the bridge, the planks shifting as the void to either side shows varied scenes from other dimensions. Cantrell just shuts her eyes for a moment, concentrating on the orb vestige-Bane gave her, and powers through.

Resolve and quick thinking get her through the next part, as the group battles through the endless approach to the fort, killing more giants and weird human warriors who scream Viking battle cries as they lob energy spears. She follows Libertas' lead, letting the techno-mage plot a twisting course that takes them quickly into the heart of the opposition -- and the witch, Cira, who claims to have been the master or mother of pretty much every asshole the 13th has had to fight lately.

”Brakfin was mine! Be it man, Jotun or Hell Lord. He was mine! I made him powerful. He might have been working for my youngest daughter Giest. But. He was mine. You poisoned his mind!”

Cira fires arrrows that streak unerringly toward the group, but Cantrell just sets her shoulders and lets her armor absorb the assault. Some sort of temporal horseshit explodes and tries to take hold, but Cantrell just shakes it off again, ignoring the phase acid smoking on the reinforced shell.

The witch twists and turns, scrambling and playing a hit-and-run game like the timeless coward she is as Cantrell coordinates the group to keep her off-balance with grenades, spells and charging blades. Eventually Cira splits her form, taking on each of the Vanished individually.

As she does, a voice echoes in Cantrell's mind.

<<It doesn't have to end like this, warrior. Join me, become one of my valkyries, and rule eternally as one of time's puppet-masters, instead of its puppet. I can even show you how to kill Cira, if you wish. She has outlived her usefulness.>>

Cantrell grunts, but her will is far too strong to be swayed by any of these temporal cheats.

Save your tricks. I've already got her number, and yours is up soon.

The light from Bane's orb brightens, shattering the shifting realities in the room like so much glass.

"You may have run from death, hag, but you can't run from me," Cantrell says to the Cira in front of her, before turning her rifle to fire a pulse-blast into the true Cira, meters away. The shots lance through the witch's knee, incinerating bone and sinew and sending the time-whore to her knees.

Libertas uses that creepy staff of his to subdue the witch, and she leads them to the alien intelligence -- some sort of glowing rock -- that seems to be powering the place. It disintegrates Cira, giving them the chance to fight back and put it down, more or less. When the smoke clears, their foe is reduced to a fist-sized glowing crystal that Lib tosses to Cantrell.

"Enough of you, once and for all," she says, summoning the destructive fire from the magic gauntlet she'd recovered in Gloom. The fire is hot enough to reduce adamantium to ash, but not this thing ... it scours away dust and energy, but the core of the crystal remains whole.

Cantrell scowls, but as she watches, the floating shards burned off of the Edda intelligence swirl over her hand. The orb Bane gave her in the void emerges from her skin, melding with the cast-off Edda energy and for the first time taking solid form.

A temporal lodestone, she thinks, as the reality-hardening stone embeds itself in the back of the red gauntlet.

She tucks away the crystal that holds the remains of the Edda intelligence, planning to ask the Legion for the location of its deepest, darkest hole as a new home for the thing. Gazing again at the temporal lodestone set into her gauntlet, she makes a fist as her thoughts turn toward the future.

"No more timey-wimey bullshit, my friends," she says. "Now, let's see if we can convince those frost giants that they're better off fighting for us than dying on the ends of our blades."
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Champion of Temporal Stability (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 2/3 +2 bonus
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Brave (+2 vs Fear, -2 on Fear Table)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Danger Sense (Notice +2 to sense ambushes)
  • Dodge (-2 to be hit at range)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)
  • Iron Jaw (+2 to Soak and vs. Knockout)
  • Imp. Level Headed (Draw three cards for initiative)
  • Malfunctions (suffers Technical Difficulties)

PPE: 10/15
Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Libertas Magicum »

Rolls and Notes
Auto-Fail. +1 Benny, Helheim Visions, +1 Fatigue

Fight To Castle (Fatigue Penalty): Smarts [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Smarts [dice]1[/dice]
Raise!

Vs. Cira, Double-Whammy (Fatigue Penalty, Scene Penalty, Edges, Machine Maestro, Staff: Net -1)
Techno-Wizardry [dice]2[/dice]
Wild TW [dice]3[/dice]
ACE Running Total [dice]4[/dice]
ACE Running Total [dice]5[/dice]
ACE Running Total [dice]6[/dice]
QC = Success, 4 Raises (+2 Bennies)

Edda Intelligence (Fatigue)
Vigor [dice]7[/dice]
Wild Vigor [dice]8[/dice]
Success. Really, he might've been temptable...

Loot the Castle!

We'll see about trying Persuasion... Base Roll is d4-2 for being unskilled
-1 Charisma for Kleptomania
Let's see, activate Communication Band: Persuasion +1, Charisma +2.
Essentially a flat d4!
Persuasion [dice]9[/dice]
ACE Running Total [dice]11[/dice]
Wild Persuasion [dice]10[/dice]
Extra Effort Benny Running Total [dice]12[/dice]
Raise!

Spent 1 out of three bennies earned. Cira never knew what hit her....
Lib, still disgruntled about his abject failure in the last battle, blinks as Cade becomes Brakfin. "Guys! We got frost giants!" After the explanation, he sighs. "Once more into the D'norr-fellatin' breach...." Checking to make sure all his gear is operational and charged up again, he begins the trudging march through the snow, snapping his environmental seals shut on the armor.

As they cross the bridge, his distraction proves detrimental, and he falls. His vision swims, and there, before him, he sees a massive plain, filled with grey-skinned, grey-eyed humanoids--mostly humans, but also things that are like elves and dwarves, but not quite, and even giants and other, more esoteric creatures.

Sitting in the middle of the plain, if an infinite plain can be described as having a center, beneath the starless sky (or is it a dark subterranean chamber?), sitting atop a throne of bones and skulls is a terrifying figure. Her right half is that of a young woman, almost painfully beautiful; her left is that of a rotting, disease-riddled corpse. The woman's head turns, slightly, as he falls... past? through?... her Realm. Her dual gaze falls upon him, and he shudders, though if revulsion or attraction he cannot fully say. She smiles, then, and his vision goes black for a moment, before he finds himself standing again on the bridge, shaken and queasy.

Shrugging it off as best he can, he presses on into the Castle. He summons some clockwork vikings of his own to battle the group that tries to intercept him, and his minions prove superior. Getting to the stones, he sneers. "Please. Even at my worst, I could crack a pattern like this. Master Cornswattle made us run laps on an infinite loop until we figured out the sequence. This is child's play!"

When Cira first engages them, he opts for the Water Cutter, sending hypersonic liquid streams at her in an effort to try to hedge her in for the others to get a shot. Of course, then the time-witch refracts herself and everyone gets a solo dance. "Lady, Brakfin broke with you because he figured out that sticking it in the crazy is NEVER worth it...."

He's about to deal with her when he feels a presence in his head. The Edda Intelligence speaks to him directly, as he's forced to go on the defensive to evade the arrows. Come to us, little smith-mage. Come to me, and join me, and you will be a legend. All you wish can be yours--treasures and glory beyond all measure, yours for the taking. He's got to admit, the offer's a good one. But.... Any treasure I get because of you, I can lose the same way. Any glory I get from such a deal, would be diminished by your presence. No sale, sorry. Besides, Cantrell'd probably kick my nads to low orbit.

Forcing the alien presence out of his skull and refocusing on the battle, he then uses his tail to hoist the Staff aloft, and this time, he manages to subdue Cira's will long enough to get her to show him where the Edda dwells, then has her stand in front of him, shielding him as the group deals with the painful light-wrath of the alien intelligence. Such entities rarely are fond of either failure or betrayal in their minions, and the Edda is no exception; as the assembled forces assail the entity, it spends a precious moment to lash out at Libertas' pet Cira, causing her to age, not years or even decades, but centuries, before their eyes, becoming a crone, then a corpse, then bones, then dust.

That is enough for Libertas to resist the pain--better to die here, really, than to serve such a thing--and he redoubles his own efforts, in conjunction with the others. As the alien monstrosity is reduced to a crystal, Lib plucks it up and tosses it to Cantrell. "Doubt it's worth much, Boss, but you should be the one to keep an eye on it for now, until the bigwigs back at Refuge can look at it."

As they ransack the joint, he discovers a tree in a small courtyard, curiously adorned in shoes. Something from his fall off the bridge digs in his mind--the despairing dead were all barefoot! He looks over the tree, and spots a pair of boots that look like they will fit and work with his armor, so he takes them off the tree, before heading to the exit. There, he sees that Cade/Brakfin has managed to subdue the Jotun. He activates the Communication Band he acquired in the Red Vault, and speaks to the frost giants and space Vikings in their own tongue.

"This battle was but a skirmish. You have seen our might. Come, warriors, join us and our company, as we engage in a truly glorious war! Those who live shall be marked as heroes; those who fall will dine in Valhalla!" There is a reasonable amount of acclaim for this proposal.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Presci Techno-Wizard (Appears Human)
Active effects: none
Parry: 6; Pace: 8/d6; Toughness: 13 (6) [Triax Mechanic]
Charisma: 0 (-1 if Kleptomania known; +2 if Comm Band is active)
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Additional Edges: Brawny (Helskor); Thief (Cloak); Assassin (Cloak)
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gizmos: Healing, Boost/Lower Trait, Fly, Summon Ally, Pummel, Quickness
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility
Arcane Machinist Remaining: 6/6
  • Active Arc. Mach. Devices (Remaining PPE):
PPE: 30/30 + 10 (Staff)
Bennies: 2/2

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
sammy

Post by sammy »

Agility vs bridge 15, smarts vs castle approach 12, quick combat-shooting vs Cira 10, vigor vs edda intelligence 9, persuasion 9 because that is what Sammy does
Agility roll [dice]0[/dice] ace [dice]10[/dice] Wild [dice]1[/dice]

Smarts roll [dice]2[/dice] ace [dice]11[/dice] wild [dice]3[/dice]

Quick Combat Shooting, -5 from mental assult, +2 shooting from armor, [dice]4[/dice] wild [dice]5[/dice]-for got the -3
Benny to reroll with Elan +2, so -1 total, [dice]8[/dice] wild [dice]9[/dice]

Vigor roll vs the edda intelligence, cloak of dog gives +1 to vigor checks [dice]6[/dice] wild [dice]7[/dice] ace [dice]12[/dice]

Persuasion to join to the battle [dice]13[/dice]ace [dice]15[/dice] wild [dice]14[/dice] ace [dice]16[/dice]
From outside the hotel, on a wild hog driven by Ailbhe, Sammy laughs firing a couple of sunshine anti time bullets with no name on them into the swirling snowy gateway... Seconds later just before the two speed off to paint the town red a blue crystal nearly smacks sammy in the face bu Ailbhe's quick reflexes catch it instead. Sammy pulls out two cigars and handing one to Ailbhe, " Thanks Astrolab, have one of Thrudh's finest, now lets ride!"
Inside the Frost Realm, Sunshine rains down
The vortex opens up with a million rays of sunshine followed by a howl of a cat that could only be Sammy. At the bridge the enemy falls by droves... Eye sockets pop and teeth melt from glorious rays of pure sunshine. During the approach the way becomes clear as the sunshine rays litterally melt a safe path up to the castle... On the castle approach you could swear the words Hammers Live are etched on the castle roof (super inside joke for the BC). Cira herself just before hitting the little blue panic button get a fistful of sunshine bullets smake where the sundon't normally shine. Then that Edda intelligence tried to mentally control the rays of sunshine and the only good thing happened was that the crystal soon had a friend, a sunshine intelligence named Pac. They did not see eye to eye.
Sammy
Parry:5, Toughness: 14(7), +2 shooting with armor on
ISP: 30/30
Active Powers: None:
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed
Other Edges of note:
  • Elan
Skills:
  • Notice d6
  • stealth d8
[/list]
Weapon in Hand: Sunshine TW revolver
Bennies
Bennies: 4/3
  • +1 optional dream state
    +1 High post rate
    +1 F and G
    -1 Skill trick
    -1 hell pillars
    -1 Fetetic hand to hand combat
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Looking around at the falling snow Humble is curious what is going on. When the world around them transitions to another place entirely and he sees the bridge Humble assumes he was summoned again, but looking around he does not feel a pull to follow any given master.
What the heck is the matter with Cade, seeing the painful transformation Humble thinks to himself he is glad that's not happening to him.
But at the sound of rushing giants a smile spreads across Humbles face from ear to ear and he begins to call upon a great and powerful bellow. “Roar...” but the roar dies halfway as Cade suddenly charges forward as Humble had planned and starts stalling them.
With the new plan in mind Humble follows the orders and starts clearing the way. “Follow Humble.” Using his swinging hammer to knock one giant after another off of the great bridge he presses forward making room for his friends to follow.
Fortunately while Humble does slip on the occasional stone at the start the pain and beating he takes from it is enough for him to learn and he continues to move on. Now watching out he indicates a few of the iced stones with a warning and keeps going.
The density of the fighting is such that even Humble as large himself as many of the giants and stronger by far than most in not able to fully clear the way. As he becomes surrounded and cannot tell the correct way from simply more killing Humble notices the motions of Cantrell and follows her. “Follow robot girl.” Humble yells in case anyone is still with him. Trying to fight and stay close is such as swarm is hard, but eventually they break through and are in the castle.
Seeing one of the largest of the giants shrinking to only 10’ tall after being killed and his belt falling from him as the magic is disrupted Humble takes the belt thinking this is something he could use.
The woman started ranting about something but humble did not really care. Whoever she felt was hers she was wrong or they would not have left. But as she decides to start attacking Humble found himself put on the defensive. A series of bolts first making him weaker, then locking him inside webs of frozen ice he was trapped. The other fighting her as he could do little to nothing. Each time he started to break free, she would strike at him again. “I see you regenerate to fast for a quick death. Well perhaps first if we take away that healing ability then you can pay for poisoning what was mine!”
The bolts that followed drained away Humble’s vitality slowing his healing. His wounds staying Humble was getting tired and did not know what to do. Each time he broke free she ensnared him again and hit him with another volley of spells. Suddenly she teleported to facing him one on one, as doppelgangers of her stood to face the other. The site of another Teleporting reminded Humble of his own ability.
“No More!” He roared as he teleported behind her and put everything he had into a single mighty blow coming down on her head. The body crumpled and nothing was left recognizable of the top half of the woman.
Humble prodded her with his foot, confirming she was dead he looked around and saw the others were already moving on without him.
Jumping into action Humble followed.
Finally entering the room Humble sees the awesome blue light coming from the crystal. But as the sentience inside foolishly decides to hit him with barrage after barrage of pain waves, Humble smiles. Living as a slave for centuries did anything for Humble it was teach him to endure pain.
Ignoring the assault as nothing mentionable, Humble moves forward and begins smashing the crystal physically. Swing after swing with no apparent effect until finally it begins chipping, only in tiny and small bits. His attack was not what destroyed it, but he was certain it felt fear before its destruction.
Fight the Hord Across The Bridge 11 = Raise
Agility [dice]0[/dice]
Agility Wild [dice]1[/dice] Ace [dice]8[/dice]
Fight His Way to the Castle 7 Success
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Smarts Wild [dice]3[/dice] Ace [dice]9[/dice]
Best Circa 5 Success and +2 bennies
Taking -5 for 2 Bennie (Hoping it will only cost 1 benny for extra effort)
Fighting [dice]4[/dice]
Fighting Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Best Edda Intelligence 13 = Success and 2 raises
Pain in nothing to a former warrior slave
Vigor [dice]6[/dice]
Vigor Wild [dice]7[/dice]

Parry: 9 (1 from swords)
Toughness: 16 (4)

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Maximilian rolls
Agility on bridge
[dice]0[/dice]

WD Agility
[dice]1[/dice]

Smarts to fight the horde
[dice]2[/dice]

WD Smarts
[dice]3[/dice]

Fighting vs. Cira at -5 for 2 bennies
[dice]4[/dice]

Ace Fighting with prior
[dice]20[/dice]

WD Fighting
[dice]5[/dice]

Vigor to best the Edda Intelligence
[dice]6[/dice]

Ace Vigor
[dice]21[/dice]

WD Vigor
[dice]7[/dice]

Unskilled Persuasion on Jotun
[dice]8[/dice]

WD Persuasion
[dice]9[/dice]
Max is phenomenally agile. He dances back and forth across the bridge, the illusion of disappearing stones and moving steps doesn't even faze him. Vibroswords drawn, he begins to wade into the Jotun, flailing, spinning, and slicing his way through legs and limbs. His normal vocal boasts have been replaced with grim determination and a bloodlust the rest of the 13th has never seen. Growls and barks replace his normal catcalls and taunts, and the occasional bite at the neck of a fallen foe show hints of his truly animal nature. He treats the tech vikings with no more kindness, sending the blades of his vibroswords repeatedly into fairly important bodily organs and blood vessels. In his rage, he still manages, somehow, to avoid significant injury, though he evades several close calls. These warriors are no easy prey.

But Maximilian is no easy foe.

Making his way to Cira's location, he lunges towards Cira Prime, only to find she has split into multiple beings. "Doesn't matter, witch. Cut you down once or a thousand times, it's all the same to me. Just more exercise! DIE!" Her bow fires true, but by some miracle, Max's armor stands proof against her darts. Before she can reload again, Max is face to face with her. The bow, now useless for launching missiles, is being used in a panicked defense against a torrent of sword strikes and slices. Max presses the attack and never once relents to give his enemy a chance to regroup. Before a certain deathstrike, Max's brain is wracked with persuasive calls. "You need not fight. Join us. I'll bring your woman to you, and she can serve you while you rule. Turn your blades against these invaders, your so-called friends. They would deny you your birthright as lord of this world! Reject them and join us!"

The thoughts are enough to throw his swing off, and Cira immediately seizes the opportunity. She thrusts the bow into Max's midsection and loads another arrow. Before she can loose, though, Max has recovered. "Try whatever trick you like. You can't fool me, and you couldn't top Nadine. She'd have you begging like a pup!" The slice of the blade trims Cira's bow-hand from her wrist, and the weapon recoils into her face. Blood explodes from her broken nose. She doesn't have much time to think about the pain in her hand, nor the fountain of blood spewing from her nose. In a fluid continuing motion, Max's second blade lances downward, striking Cira full in the chest and driving out her back. Mistress of time and space she may be, but she quickly forgets everything she knows as her heart and lungs are thoroughly destroyed by the brutal thrust.

"Who's next? How many? Aw..." Max notes that the others have seemingly addressed their own Ciras, so he begins moving towards the Edda Intelligence. The crystal cries out with psychic anguish, driving the dog boy backwards...but he will not be denied. He strides indomitably, inexorably towards the object. Offers of power immeasurable, a thousand Nadines to serve his every desire, wealth and eternal life are all offered...but still, he marches towards the thing. "Hey, here's an offer for you. SHUT UP." With that, he hacks violently and repeatedly at the Intelligence, joining Cantrell, Libertas, and the others in the nigh-destruction of the intelligence. As the thing is finally reduced to an orb, he looks at Cantrell. "Lib's right, Top Dog. Thing is all yours."

Max spends a few minutes wandering the halls of the tower until he finds an armory. There, resting on a mannequin is a suit of modified tech viking armor. "Now...THAT'S something..." He reaches for the suit, noting the similar size and likely fit. Loading the armor into a carrier and heading out, he notes the remaining Jotun clustered outside. "Not much left here, guys. How's about another fight, but this time, we all face the same way instead of at each other. Whaddya say?" His efforts are less than persuasive, though, and he shrugs, leaving the sweet talking to better diplomats. He strolls through the gateway just as the whole tower collapses.

Bizarro Alex rolls
Agility on bridge
[dice]10[/dice]

WD Agility
[dice]11[/dice]

Smarts to fight the horde
[dice]12[/dice]

WD Smarts
[dice]13[/dice]

Psionics vs. Cira at -5 for 2 bennies
[dice]14[/dice]

WD Psionics
[dice]15[/dice]

Vigor to best the Edda Intelligence
[dice]16[/dice]

WD Vigor
[dice]17[/dice]

Persuasion on Jotun
[dice]18[/dice]

Ace Persuasion
[dice]22[/dice]

WD Persuasion
[dice]19[/dice]
Alex isn't dumb. He's watched Max's dance of death a thousand times, it seems. He follows closely in the footsteps of his friend, not fooled by the shifting bridge. His weaponry is less effective versus the Jotun, but a well placed laser blast here and there throws off the enemy and gives Max ample opportunity to trim the giants down to size by hacking and slashing at knees and hamstrings. The viking warriors face a different challenge from Alex. Their normal impulses to gut intruders are turned to overwhelming desires to simply watch as their friends are cut to ribbons.

He curses his good eye when Cira splits into multiples, but quickly recognizes this as a trick of temporal and celestial magic. He isn't fooled, and focuses his energy on the immediate threat. The Cira pointing her bow at his one good eye.

"Stop a moment. Let's talk."

Cira holds her bowstring, hesitating to release the bolt that would surely kill Alex.

"I know you're the Prime. But you've summoned a traitorous self. That one there. Shoot her."

Cira turns and fires a bolt at one of her counterparts. A strong blast impales the other Cira through the shoulder. She turns back to find Alex's pistol at her head. But before he can pull the trigger, a voice in his head makes a tempting offer.

"I can give you your eye back, along with the power to see beyond realms. Join us. Find true sight. Odin himself would be jealous of what your eyes reveal. Both eyes. Join us!"

Alex shakes his head. "No thanks. Not worth it. Besides, what would I do with my eyepatch?"

ZZZZT!

The lowly laser pistol in his hand fires one blast, searing Cira's left eye shut forever, along with the entire optic nerve leading into the brain. She falls to the floor, dead.

He nods to Max, who had just finished his own Cira. Together, they confront the Edda Intelligence. Screams of desperation assault Alex's psyche, and blue-white orbs blast his body, but his resolve is impressive. He begins blasting the thing with bursts of lightning until it is reduced to the gem, which is offered to Cantrell. "Nice bauble, Sergeant. Suits you."

Alex's search of the area reveals something out of this world. A golden eyepatch. The inside is etched with Viking symbols. "Upgrade? Don't mind if I do!" He picks the patch up and replaces old with new. "Hello, beautiful!"

As he follows Max to the gateway, he makes a plea to the remaining Jotun. "If it's battle you want, we have it in spades. Turn your rage against your tormentor's brood. Geist, the daughter of Cira, would subjugate you all again. Follow your leader, and follow us through the portal. Join us in a battle for the ages! Glories will be heaped upon those who participate, and curses upon those too feeble to take up blade against a strong adversary!" With that, he steps through the gateway and finds himself back in the now-familiar Pinnacle lobby.
Last edited by Maximilian on Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maximilian
Maximilian character sheet
Alex - Allied Extra character sheet
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 7
Toughness: 22 (9) (Enchanted Berserker Plate Armor, Tough Breed)
Pace: 6/8 in armor
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Weapon in hand: none
Weapon in holster: Vibroswords (2)
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
  • Range: 18/36/72
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
    ROF 2, Payload 24, Semi auto, 3RB
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Titan TR-001 Combat Robot
Size: 8
Crew: 1+2
Toughness: 44 (22)
Pace: 10
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 3d10+4, AP 14
      ROF 3, shots 60
    Medium Missile Launchers (2)
    • Range: 200/400/800
      Damage: 8d6, AP 15, MBT
      ROF 1, shots 4
    Mini Missile Launchers (2)
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 5d6, AP 6, SBT
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10, AP 10
      ROF 1
    Dino Bladder Water Cannon
    • Range: cone
      Damage: 3d10
      5 bursts
    Good Night
    • Melee damage: Str + 2d10 MD Plasma
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 2d6 plasma & heat (vigor -2 or suffer level of fatigue
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
      Payload: 10 shots unless hooked to permanent power supply
      ROF: 3
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Jitters

Post by Jitters »

Notice 2
[dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die[dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 5
[dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die[dice]3[/dice] Ace!
Wild Die Ace [dice]14[/dice]
Smarts 4
[dice]4[/dice]
Wild Die[dice]5[/dice]
Fight the Horde - Agility 4
[dice]6[/dice]
Wild Die[dice]7[/dice]
Fight My Way into the Castle - Smarts 1
[dice]8[/dice]
Wild Die[dice]9[/dice]
Best Cira - Fighting 5
[dice]10[/dice]
Wild Die[dice]11[/dice]
-1 Benny for a Re-roll
Fighting [dice]15[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]16[/dice] Ace!
Wild Die Ace [dice]17[/dice]
Additional -3 penalty for scene that I had forgotten about.
Best the Edda Intelligence - Vigor 4
[dice]18[/dice]
Wild Die[dice]19[/dice]
-1 Benny for a Re-roll
Vigor [dice]20[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]21[/dice]
-1 Benny for a Re-roll
Vigor [dice]22[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]23[/dice]
Convince the Last Jotun - Unskilled Persuasion 0
[dice]12[/dice]
Wild Die[dice]13[/dice]
The whispers and general feeling of being disconnected from the world kept Jitters distracted until the bridge appeared out of no where. He followed the rest of the group, randomly choosing his steps as he really wasn't paying much attention to where he stepped as he went across the bridge, so his going was slower than what would be normal for him, but he was keeping pace just fine. It wasn't until he had a spear sticking out of his side from a Jotun, Jitters pulled Vibe and Paul Bunyan free and joined the fray, slashing where he could and keeping a defensive posture when he had no openings to strike. Once they were past the horde and inside the castle, he sees Cira, who then splits herself into multiples, one each per person in the group. Jitters runs full on at one of them, deftly leaping over her as she disappears only to be leaping through the air away from him, firing arrows at him. Jitters reverses his momentum and closes the distance again, ducking and bobbing as Cira continues to fire arrows at him relentlessly. Once within striking distance, Jitters starts slashing Vibe and Paul this way and that, always less than a hairs breadth away from landing a strike on Cira, but never connecting. However Jitters wasn't trying to hit her, unless her concentration faltered and she failed to get out of the way of one of his attacks. The effect that his attacks had on Cira was that she was constantly moving and ducking, until Jitters went to kick at her head, causing her to perform a back flip out of his foots way and placing her head right in the path of an arrow fired by another Cira clone, incinerating her head. Jitters then lends a hand to fighting the other clones until they are all gone. He approaches the crystal entity, it started pulsing with a strange, blue light that caused blinding pain in his head. It sought to turn Jitters into its ally, but Jitters gritted his teeth and resisted. As he did that, he mentally activated a switch in one of his M.O.M. implants, temporarily scrambling all thoughts in his head. When he came to, he saw a Jotun talking with his friends. He tried to get up, but all of his muscles were moving in unexpected ways, so he tried to speak, but nothing but incoherent mumbling came from him. Jitters eventually is able to get control back to his limbs, but not his mouth, so he decides to wander the halls of the castle to see if he can find anything interesting. (I will post what I find in the loot thread)
Jitters
Jitters
Pace: 16; Parry: 11; Toughness: 22 (11); Strain: 1(?)

Weapon in Hand: Chain Longsword (Str+2d8 MD, AP 2, 15 lbs., aka Paul Bunyan), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Vibe), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Rator)
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 2d6+1 dmg, RoF 1, AP 2, 16 shots, 3 lbs, Semi-Auto)
JA-11 Energy Rifle (30/60/120, 3d6, RoF 1, AP 2, Shots 60, 7 lbs, Special)
  • As an action, switch to Ion Beam (12/24/48, 1-3d6+1, RoF 1, 0 AP, 10 Shots), or have laser do Mega-Damage (uses 10x the ammo and applies snap fire penalty). Integrated scope offsets up to either -2 points of penalties due to range or lighting (or the lack there of).
Armor Worn: C&S Crusader Heavy Combat Armor (+11 Armor, + 2 Toughness, +1 Pace, d10 Str min, 24 lbs), Tough Clothes (+1 Toughness), Bandito Arms Branaghan Overcoat (+1 Toughness)
ISP: 20/30
Bennies: 3 Red 5 Regular

Encumberance: 56 lbs/84 lbs

Alts: Pvt. Logan Wright, CS Fightin' Joes
Temp Stats
none
Adventure Card
Contact
Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
Enemy
Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM's choice becomes your character's sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting Now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is "retired".
Better You Than Me
Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.

Return to “Hunt for Hell Pillars”