The 5th Floor (Hotel) "Maverick’s room"

Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

The 5th Floor (Hotel) "Maverick’s room"

Post by Daniel »

Mavericks room, a place with all the wine one could want. Except Alecto has ordered the Black Company to bugger off. Located on the 5th floor of the spaceship converted hotel run by Ben.

Icosa
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Re: The 5th Floor (Hotel) "Maverick’s room"

Post by Icosa »

“My intent?” Jude asked with a smile. “Honestly, I’m not sure anymore.” He flashed that handsome smile of his. “You’re different than most women. Obviously. You don’t seem susceptible to the mad game I’m slinging, like most.” He grinned, then grew more serious.

Curiosity, mostly, I guess. I’ve never met anyone like you. Part of me wonders just how...fully functional you are,” he admitted. “Obviously I’m attracted to you. Unfortunately, that doesn’t seem to go both ways?” he asked, raising an eyebrow. “Is that something you’re even...capable of?” he queried. “See? Curious.” That boyish grin again. “I’d like to get to know you a bit. And if things lead somewhere...I’m more than okay with that. I mean, we’re in a dangerous profession. I’ve always lived by the old motto Carpe Diem. Seize the day. Eat, drink, and make love, because tomorrow we may die,” he said quietly, almost...fatalistically.

Alecto listened. Did he seem uncomfortable? She supposed it made sense. She wasn't reacting in a familiar way for him.

"It would be easy for me to act the part," she said, "But I have a goal here as well. Your interest in me strikes me as strange, and I want to understand it. I'm also interested in emotional attachments, relationships between pairs, though I recognize I'm operating at a disadvantage with that."

She reached out to touch Jude's shoulder. "I can answer some of your questions. Am I attracted to you? Not in the sense that I think you mean. I don't experience sexual desires for my own sake. I have no instincts towards procreation, and sexual contact is not, by itself, particularly pleasurable." Her eyes lifted to meet his.

"Physically I'm capable. As far as I can tell, physical seduction was a mission component anticipated for me to undertake. What draws me to individuals however is not their physical appearance or skill at social interaction specifically, but rather a combination of how interesting I find their thoughts, their behavior, as well as their apparent attitude towards myself."

"I do experience emotions, though not in exactly the same way you do. I can form attachments to individuals. I have often wondered if a living person, who is aware of my nature, can form attachments to me. If they can, I also wonder if it's desirable to pursue such a relationship."

Alecto's head tilted slightly to one side, studying Jude's reaction to her words and actions.
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Jude chuckled. “I suppose it would be strange,” he said, indicating for her to take a seat on the loveseat, then sitting next to her. It was a small piece of furniture, so they would have to sit close. “It isn’t pleasurable, though?” he asked her. “Well, that’s unfortunate. He smiled. “I mean, you’re right. The emotional attachment is the best, usually. But when it’s combined with the physicality of love making, it’s just…heavenly. Divine,” he said. “Indescribable.”

Jude shifted to face Alecto. “I think you would be surprised what emotional attachments people are capable of forming,” he told her. “Even if they know what you are. The fact that you are a beautiful female human will make it even easier,” he assured her. “I wouldn’t want you to be discouraged from pursuing those connections. That is the kind of thing that makes us most...human,” he mused. “And something I miss all too often,” he said, his smile a bit sad as he reminisced about home -- and Michelle.

“What is it you want, Alecto?” he asked, reaching out to brush back her hair with a gentle caress.
Character Tracker
Jude Maverick Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Battle Hardened: +2 Soak
Brave: +2 Fear
Common Bond: Share bennies
Elan: +2 when spending Bennies
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Strong Willed: 2 vs. Tests of Will
Trademark Weapon: +1 Shooting with JA-11
Healing Stone: 15/15 PPE
Armor: 15/15 PPE
Necklace: 9/15 PPE
Nike Airs: Teleport/Teleport Others (K. Electronics roll)
Rifle Ammo: 59 (Spare clips: 2 x 20; 1 x 16; 2 x 30; 2 x 60)
Pistol Ammo: 16 (Spare clips: 2 x 16)
Bennies: 4/7
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

There is the loud, ripping sound of flatulence and Maverick's room is suddenly filled with the smell of sulphur.

"Oh mein Gott, you have my deepest apologies! I am afraid the vegan wurst in the canteen has been giving my tummy the most furchtbar gas," Herr Klaus says as he crawls out from beneath Jude's bed, where he had replaced several nuts and bolts stripped by repeated... activity.

Dusting fuzzballs from his coverall, he adjusts his glasses.

"There is quite the collection of prophylactic wrappers under there, mein freund. The mice are talking, haha! But I suppose if you convince this one into engaging in the intercourse, that won't be a concern! Good day!"
GM Bennies: 7/7
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Jude blinked at the sound of a massive butt belch. And then the smell.

“Oh, God…” Jude gagged, rushing to the window to open it. “What are you even doing under there?” he exclaimed to the little German fae.

“Get out of here!” With a sigh, Jude gave Alecto a resigned look.

“I’m sorry, Alecto. I don’t know why everyone is traipsing through here tonight. I tried to set a good mood, but it’s ruined by now. You deserved better.” He sagged against the wall, thumping his head back in defeat.
Character Tracker
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
sammy

Post by sammy »

Knock, Knock. Sammy peeps in and waves Jude over to the closed door. On the other side is a fine assortment of chocolates, dates, pre-rift wine and brandy. Plus a large bouquet of roses. It is all arranged nicely on a cart. Sammy winks at Jude, " We even found a pre-rift music player, has some soothing tunes, I think all 10 Drie Marbles Left Love Balads are programmed into it." Sammy nods at Jude again and bounds down the hallway on his next errand.

Woa, clearly this might have cost the cat a tidy sum of creds!
Sammy
Parry:5, Toughness: 14(7), +2 shooting with armor on
ISP: 30/30
Active Powers: None:
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed
Other Edges of note:
  • Elan
Skills:
  • Notice d6
  • stealth d8
[/list]
Weapon in Hand: Sunshine TW revolver
Bennies
Bennies: 4/3
  • +1 optional dream state
    +1 High post rate
    +1 F and G
    -1 Skill trick
    -1 hell pillars
    -1 Fetetic hand to hand combat
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Jude sighed at another knock on the door. “Now what?” he muttered, opening it. At first he thought no one was there, and then he looked down to see Sammy next to a cart. Nicely arranged on the cart were fine chocolates, dates, pre-Rifts wine and brandy, and a large bouquet of roses. There was even a music player.

“Um, thanks, ca--Sammy,” Jude said. Where had that damn cat found all this in the destruction of Gloom anyway?

Jude wheeled the cart in and smiled at Alecto. “Looks like someone, at least, is rooting for us.”
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Icosa
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Icosa »

Alecto takes all of the strangeness in stride, and doesn't seem to find the odor particularly pleasant nor unpleasant. Does she even have a sense of smell?

"I've found that soldiers who are 'comrades in arms' often experience lowered barriers of inhibition towards one another," she says, a hint of amusement lurking at the corners of her mouth. "They come to see one another as family, for better or for worse."

She studies Jude for a moment.

"I have a choice, about how I pursue a place in the social structures I find myself in. I could play the cold machine others expect me to be, with the positive and negative consequences arising from that status...or I could attempt to integrate more tightly. I've decided to pursue the latter option, with the former being a fallback position in case it fails. This is part of that."

"Though if in asking me what I want, you're asking me what I want from you, then my answer is...the answer to two questions."

"The first question is...as a human being, do you believe it is ethical of me to pursue a romantic relationship with one of your kind?"

"The second question is...knowing as much of my nature as you do now, are you interested in pursuing such a relationship with me?"
OOC Comments

Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Upgradable
Brave (+2 vs fear)

Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
Targeting Eye (1)
Nano-Repair System (2)
Built in Weaponry (1)

Gear
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.

Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Min str d8

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Jude settled back on the couch and gazed at Alecto. “Ethical?” he asked. “I grew up in the Coalition. What do I know of ethics?” he asked. “It’s why I asked what you wanted. I think that’s important. Carpe diem, as they say. Seize the day. Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow you may die. Especially in our line of work.” He sat forward. “I’m not looking to...tie you down with any strings, Alecto. I know the reality. When this is over, we’ll all likely have to go our separate ways. You have responsibilities to the BC, and me to the Legion. But what do we want right now? he asked her. “Right now is all we can be sure that we have.”

Jude gazed intently into Alecto’s eyes. “As to why? Someone designed you as a very beautiful woman. I find that...fascinating.” He flashed her that winning smile of his. “And you seem to be...curious about all of this, or you wouldn’t have even come. So now you are faced with a choice. You have a willing partner to aid in your...experiment to integrate more tightly. And if it doesn’t work out, we can both walk away.”
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Icosa
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Icosa »

Alecto's head tilts as she regards Jude intently.

"I do not believe your origin in the Coalition States would impact your ability to judge this. I will explain."

"There is an evolutionary component to human social and sexual relations. Your practices, habits, desires, have all developed in tandem over time to maximize your ability to produce and care for offspring. I recognize that this is not the only consideration, and that there are human pairings that do not, or cannot produce offspring and that these are not looked down upon. However, I'm concerned that I could be construed as 'hijacking' human instinctive responses and subverting them for my own purposes in full knowledge that I cannot fulfill them."

"Is that ethical?"
OOC Comments

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Dependency (Power) (-2)

Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances

Edges
Upgradable
Brave (+2 vs fear)

Core Electronics (1)
Optics Package (1)
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
Targeting Eye (1)
Nano-Repair System (2)
Built in Weaponry (1)

Gear
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun

Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Min str d8

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Jude shrugged. “Is bedding another man’s wife ethical?” he asked. “Because I’ve done that, too.” Jude gave Alecto a smile. “I think the key word was full knowledge,” he told her. “You’ve told me what you are. Seems like subverting that is kind of what you were built for,” he pointed out. “But you haven’t hidden anything. And I’m not asking you to...fulfill any of those ‘evolutionary urges’,” he assured her. “Just some biological ones.” He grinned.

“Maybe I read you wrong, if you aren’t curious about it. I don’t even know if you feel...pleasure like that,” he admitted. “I certainly wouldn’t want you to just...endure me. A fully participating partner makes the experience so much better. But I don’t want to pressure you or anything.”
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Icosa
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Icosa »

Alecto nodded as she absorbed Jude's words.

"I would not be here if I didn't have an objective," she said. "In this case, two. You have fulfilled the first objective."

She sized him up for a moment.

"My second is relevant to your question about my experience of pleasure. I do not. Physical contact is neither especially pleasant nor repulsive for me. However I understand the importance of sharing contact and pleasure in maintaining a relationship. It's possible that at one time I had a catalog of responses and actions to draw upon to simulate the appropriate experience. If so, that program has been lost. I must rebuild something similar, if I am to provide a prospective partner with an enjoyable experience."

"I have consulted various sources, literary and video, but I find that purely factual material is clinical and does not illustrate the full experience...and that material intended to stimulate arousal is commonly regarded as clearly and obviously falsified by other people."

"You have a reputation for being familiar with a wide variety of female responses, and your profile suggests you have a very low probability of forming an emotional attachment as a result of this work. So, are you willing to assist me?"

Though Alecto seemed to be presenting herself as something of an 'innocent,' in this, she did seem to have some idea of the at least the basics of seduction as she reached up to the spaghetti straps of her flirty dress and pushed them down her shoulders...then wriggled slightly to encourage the fabric to fall to the floor into a heap at her feet.
OOC Comments

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Dependency (Power) (-2)

Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances

Edges
Upgradable
Brave (+2 vs fear)

Core Electronics (1)
Optics Package (1)
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
Targeting Eye (1)
Nano-Repair System (2)
Built in Weaponry (1)

Gear
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun

Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Min str d8

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Jude stared as the filmy fabric of Alecto’s dress slithered to the floor. He ran his blue eyes slowly up and down her naked body.

“Remind me to send whoever made you a thank you note,” Jude breathed. “Trust me, you won’t be disappointed, Alecto.”

Jude stepped up and drew her close to him, leaning in and kissing her softly, invitingly, as he drew her to the bed.

FADE
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards

Return to “Black Company and 13th Crossover Story”