Signature Heavy Equipment

Power Armor, Robot Armor and vehicles may be chosen as Signature Items if--

Poll ended at Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:43 am

--the PC is from an IF that explicitly lists the desired item as part of its features.
10%
--the PC is from an IF that explicitly lists the desired item, OR acquired it from a Fortune & Glory roll, or who took Rich as part of their free PCO Edges.
30%
--the PC is from an IF that explicitly lists the desired item, OR acquired it from a Fortune & Glory roll, or took Rich as one of their creation Edges*.
No votes
--the PC is from an IF that explicitly lists the desired item, OR acquired it from a Fortune & Glory roll, OR took Rich as either one of their creation Edges* or through an HJ roll for a free Background Edge.
60%

Total votes: 10

Freemage
Savage Senior

Signature Heavy Equipment

Post by Freemage »

*: "Creation Edges" here refers to the following: the Edges you can take for being human, and in exchange for Hindrances, and for the MARS PCO "any Edge" choice. It does not apply to Edges taken as part of MARS advancement tracks or HJ table rolls.

Since the very real possibility is that no one item will get a majority vote, I'm going to suggest we start counting from the bottom of the list up, and wherever we get to a majority of the final tally is where we actually stop counting.

FREX: If the vote is 3 for A, 3 for B, 3 for C, and 1 for D, we would count 1+3+3, at which point we have a majority, and B would take the victory lap.
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
Pursuit
Game Master

Re: Signature Heavy Equipment

Post by Pursuit »

Is the “as long as they own it” option meant to have been left off?

Edit: I see from the prior thread that this was intentional. I'm not sure I agree with the logic, but then I did ask someone else to make the poll for this one.
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 3/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

And if a character takes Rich but not at character generation? Is that disallowed?

Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Edit: Never mind.

I voted 2
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

I approve the name change.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Pursuit wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:23 pm And if a character takes Rich but not at character generation? Is that disallowed?
Yes, it is disallowed, because the difference between that and a purchased or salvaged vehicle (again, eliminated option) is trivial.
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Freemage wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:05 pm
Pursuit wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:23 pm And if a character takes Rich but not at character generation? Is that disallowed?
Yes, it is disallowed, because the difference between that and a purchased or salvaged vehicle (again, eliminated option) is trivial.
I’d quibble with the idea that it’s trivial; choosing the Rich Edge uses up an Advance, which can take a quarter or longer to earn and represents a very real opportunity cost.

I also don’t see a compelling distinction between using Rich at character creation (Great! You qualify!) and using it for your 5 XP Advance (Sorry! No Signature Vehicle for you!). Seems on the arbitrary end of the scale. If we’re going to allow Rich, I’d prefer it just be allowed.

Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

@Pursuit
As a note, while I am in the camp of 99% against Rich being used to justify a Signature Vehicle, no matter when selected. I would point out that Rich selected at creation does burn one of those vital and amazing Born a Hero edge options. so it does have a lighter weight when selected later in the carrier of a character.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

RFT wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:00 am @Pursuit
As a note, while I am in the camp of 99% against Rich being used to justify a Signature Vehicle, no matter when selected. I would point out that Rich selected at creation does burn one of those vital and amazing Born a Hero edge options. so it does have a lighter weight when selected later in the carrier of a character.
There’s no good narrative justification for the difference, though. And, though I will freely admit to taking advantage of the Born a Hero Setting Rule, I could honestly take or leave it. I don’t think I find it quite as awesome as some others do (which is fine; it just doesn’t move the needle as much for me).

Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Voted for the last option, as it is the least objectionable in my view. I still don’t buy this logic.

Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Pursuit wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:29 am Voted for the last option, as it is the least objectionable in my view. I still don’t buy this logic.
Let's go with the voted option. This is basically for spending EP.

Pursuit, for gear acquired during game play or even via the Rich edge after creation, nothing is stopping a GM from souping it up with the player like we're doing in the 1st SET right now during downtime. So in some ways this covers all the bases.

VV
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

Return to “Archived Discussions”