9 Worlds Norse Cyberpunk (Foundry VTT)

Your source for information about the site's VTT Games
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

9 Worlds Norse Cyberpunk (Foundry VTT)

Post by Venatus Vinco »

The Aesir. The Vanir. The Jotun. War has long passed them by, but immortals can hold a grudge. Forever at each other’s throats, one never gains advantage over the other. Frustrated, but safe in their acrologies and sky palaces, they lash out at one another through scheming, espionage, and dirty tricks. Working through proxies they continue their petty feuds in the streets and back alleys of the mega city of Middgard. They recruit those drawn to fame, fortune, and seeking a seat in one of the great halls. Those willing to risk much in order to fulfill a great destiny or die trying like the vikings of old.

In this alternate Earth cyberpunk setting heroes take on the role of vikings - free-booting mercenaries looking to make a name for themselves and earn a shot at immortality. The crew is presented with a job to uncover the source of new threat prowling the streets of Middgard and quickly find themselves embroiled in the machinations of the immortals.

When: December 30, 2020, 8 PM EST
Platform: Foundry VTT
Run Time: 3-4 Hours
Audio:SR Discord, #SR_Roll20 voice channel, https://discord.gg/63c9ATWpxh

Character Creation
Nine Worlds uses the Sprawlrunners toolkit by Veiled Fury Entertainment. Use character creation rules from Sprawlrunners (including races). There is magic available in this setting (ask the GM). Heroes should begin at Seasoned rank. In addition the settings makes use of the following setting rules from Savage Worlds.
  • Conviction
  • Gritty Damage
  • More Skill Points
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: 9 Worlds Norse Cyberpunk (Foundry VTT)

Post by Radecliffe »

Sign me up!
Radecliffe
Player: James
Active Alts: Jim Cannon, Jame Graeme, Dorn GiantSlayer, Steele

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 8; Running Die: d8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11(4); Strain: 6/6; Bennies 4 of 4

Skills
Agility: Athletics d8, Fighting d8, Shooting d6, Stealth d8, Thievery d8
Smarts: Common Knowledge d4, Healing d6+2, Language (American) d8, Notice d8, Occult d10, Psionics d10, Survival d10+2
Spirit: Persuasion d4

Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Confirmed
Radcliffe
Rich
Dev
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

I'm in
Ravina Guldr, Fixer and Runetech at your service
Ravina Guldr
ImageImage
Seasoned Female Dvergr, Viking and Fixer

Background
Ravina was always that young dvergr with the plan. Unlike most humans, dvergr are born into a type of collective that simultaneously prizes individualism and the ability to work with others. Any innovation that results in better production or efficiency is lauded, and Ravina always had a way with the other young dvergr. As she grew into adulthood, she branched out to use her organizing skills on others as well. Her intent is to gather a large group of Vikings and set herself up as their broker, giving herself that ability to utilize their skills to increase her own power. But she does not view them as pawns, but rather as family members of the collective (The Guldr Brood) she is trying to form. While you might sacrifice someone for a greater purpose, it is never done lightly, and never simply to spite them. That said she cannot suffer fools or traitors.

Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8, Vigor d6

Skills: Athletics d6, Battle d6, Common Knowledge d4, Fighting d6, Language (Sprawlspeak) d8, Notice d6, Persuasion d8+1, Shooting d6, Stealth d6, Survival d4+1, Thievery d6, Weird Science d8

Pace: 5; Running Die: d4; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5

Hindrances: Arrogant, Loyal, Quirk (Traitors must be punished)

Edges: Arcane Background (Weird Science), Attractive, New Powers (Burst, Healing)
Armor: Lined Coat (Armor 3)

Weapons: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str)
Dvergr Rune Sword (Range Melee, Damage Str+d8)
Thunderer Shotgun (using Slug Ammo) (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d10, ROF 1, AP 1)

Gear: Maglock Passkey (This small PDA comes with connectors for standard maglocks. It allows the user to make a Thievery roll to open a maglock. Copies of existing maglock access cards can also be programmed into the passkey by inserting the card.)
Pocket Secretary (Organizer and Phone in one handy device! It can do basic text processing, calculation sheets, and messages. It does not provide cyberspace access.)
Restraints, Plastic Cuffs (x20)
Shotgun Slug (10 rounds)
Survival Kit (+1 to Survival)

Language: Sprawlspeak (native, d8)

Current Wealth: 0 Logistic Points

Arcane Background: RuneTech (Weird Science)
Powers: Dvergr Runic Bio-Electrical Glove: Bio-Electrical Blast (Burst; Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition p157)
  • Bio-Electrical Burst produces a large fan of electricity energy that damages all in its area of effect. Success creates a Cone Template starting at the caster and extending outward. Everything within suffers 2d6 damage (or 3d6 with a raise).
Dvergr Runic Bio-Electrical Glove: Healing Surge (Healing; Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition p162)
  • Healing Surge removes Wounds less than an hour old. A success removes one Wound, and a raise removes two. The power may be cast additional times to remove additional Wounds within that hour. For Extras, the GM must first determine if the ally is still alive (see Aftermath, page 96). If so, a successful arcane skill roll returns the ally to action (Shaken if it matters.)
Dvergr Runic Bio-Electrical Glove: Reaction Enhancer Mode (Speed ; Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition p167; Limitations: One Aspect, Touch (limited))
  • The Reaction Enhancer utilizes electrical shock therapy to double the target’s movement (basic Pace and running). With a raise the character also ignores the −2 running penalty.
    Modifier: Additional Recipients (-1 to WS): Speed only. The power may affect more than one target for each time this is applied.
    Modifier: Quickness (-2 to WS): Speed only. The character’s total Multi-Action penalty each turn is reduced by 2 (she can do two actions at no penalty or three at −2 each).
Dvergr Runic Bio-Electrical Glove: Stimulator/Destabilizer Mode (Boost/Lower Trait; Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition p156; Limitations: Touch (limited))
  • This device allows Ravina to modify the performance of others. Boosting an ally’s Trait increases the selected Trait one die type, or two with a raise, for five rounds. Lowering an enemy’s Trait has a Duration of Instant and lowers the selected attribute or skill a die type with success, or two with a raise (to a minimum of d4). A victim automatically tries to shake off the effect with a Spirit roll as a free action at the end of his following turns. Success improves the effect one die type, and a raise removes the effect entirely. Additional castings don’t stack on a single Trait (take the highest), but may affect different Traits.
Special Abilities
Strong: Dvergr start with a d6 in Strength. This raises their Strength Maximum to d12 + 1.
Infravision: Dvergr can see heat “radiation”. Lighting penalties are reduced by half.
Slow: Due to their short stocky legs dvergr's Pace is reduced to 5 and their running die to a d4.

Advances
Novice Advances
Raise Attribute: SmartsEdge: AttractiveEdge: New Powers (Burst, Healing)Seasoned Advances
Raise Skills: Weird Science/Stealth
------------------

Current Load: 26 (61)
Books In Use: Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition, SprawlrunnersSetting Rules: Cyberware Tab, No Power PointsValidity: Character appears valid and optimal
Tales of the 17th SOG
"In so far as you are concerned, I am the right arm of High Command itself. You are my Fist, be ready to strike at any moment." Major Killian Gregor, 3rd SOG Battalion, CSSD, Chi-Town.
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

So first, Foundry was great, and I think Dev will end up making it better because of issues he figured out while we played. Thanks to VV for running. Aside from some minor quibbles on set dressing that I know VV will fix going forward, I had a ton of fun with the game and really enjoyed myself. I should have made more use of my skills, but I also found myself really appreciating the minimalist approach that SprawlRunners has. I enjoyed all the other characters as well, new and old friends alike, and had a blast - literally at the end! Like any good action story, it ended with a bang, so what more can you ask for?
Tales of the 17th SOG
"In so far as you are concerned, I am the right arm of High Command itself. You are my Fist, be ready to strike at any moment." Major Killian Gregor, 3rd SOG Battalion, CSSD, Chi-Town.

Return to “Savage Virtual Tabletop (VTT)”