Adventure 2: Rendezvous

Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Adventure 2: Rendezvous

Post by Venatus Vinco »

The Big Exit
As the Saraph bodies pile up in the basement the team manages to haul the last of the prisoners into the portal and get out of there without losing or leaving a single person. The combination of Walker and Mr. Raith allows everyone to quickly arrive at the rendezvous point. OUtside, SUmmer and the hacking team wrap up what they’re doing and leave the surveillance building by the backdoor, avoiding the AEGIS reinforcements already beginning to swarm toward the facility. Unfortunately, the upstairs team has no back alleys or mystic portals and need to fight their way out. Fortunately, this is an area where Brute excels. Smashing a path through the AEGIS blockade in the parking lot. Of course, such lack of stealth also means pursuit.

As the heroes run down the street avoiding a hail of fire, the KENMARK hover jet flies overhead and emits a massive stun blast the agents. As they fall to the ground, the pilot brings the craft near the roof of one of the buildings. Our intrepid heroes get to the roof and make a daring leap into the open bay doors. Down on the street they can see the AEGIS agents recovering, and Randy lighting a cigarette and giving the finger to the jet.

Escape is complete, but questions remain.

Rendezvous
The jet banks away from the scene and heads into high cloud cover before circling back around to the rendezvous point. It makes a quick landing and picks up Team Teleport and the rescued prisoners. In the crammed back of the jet everyone is quiet as they try to piece together what has happened. There was a lot of information to share and process before the hover jet lands back at KENMARK.

No doubt someone will have to speak first.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Adventure 2: Rendezvous

Post by Probe »

MARDUK watches the other leave impassively, but behind the visor John is worried. Getting in to the system took time, will he be overwhelmed by agents before the download finishes? He does not know.

Sure enough, agents arrive before he is finished, but the first ones to arrive are too lightly armed, their attacks bounce off her heavy armor and keep the other agents from getting in close where they might actually be able to capture him through numbers. The download is nearing completion...but more agents are arriving with heavier weapons.

There is a PING as the download finishes, but it can not be heard over the revving up of the turbojets. Auto-navigation engages and Marduk flies from the room just as a heavier missile strikes where he was, seemingly vanishing in the explosion that knocks yet another hole in the wall. Left, right, left, left, right...UP...man John is glad for the padding inside the armor as he is thrown against the shell by the sudden turns. Don't throw up...don't throw up...he does not normally get motion sickness but this motion is way rougher than usual. Throwing up inside the helmet would be a REALLY bad idea.

Finally the armor reaches the end of the programmed path and John gratefully lands with the others.

He says, trying to sound unperturbed, "Mission complete within designed parameters for success."

He is glad that is over...
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 1

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes
Bradley Collins
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Bradley Collins »

Bradley directs his thoughts immediately to Walker: Good Job Gramps! I appreciate the rescue. I had no idea they kept the Saraph in the basement. They kept telling me they were going to keep me there until the war was over. Now I find out it has been for a long time. So whats the plans going forward? Perhaps we need to find out who all knows the Saraph are still around.

He walks around a bit looking everywhere he can on the Jet taking it all in. "So this is a neat plane you guys got here. Although last time I was in any sort of flying machine it was brought down. Do you guys have a cool team name? Also anybody know anything about the Aliens? I know a little bit, but until you guys came in I thought supers had betrayed humanity siding with the Aliens. The Aegis guys did good. Only sent people to me who really believed it and knew nothing of value. Guess they thought I would go traipsing about in their heads. I would. I hate liars."

Looking around at the rest of the team again taking it in as he has only know imprisonment for quite sometime he stops momentarily at Summer smiling at her and then speaking to her more privately. Hey girl, what powers do you have other than your stunning looks?

"Oh guys, if my parents were still around they would want me to help look out for Gramps. so... Imma stick around."
Bradley Collins
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d12+2, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: 2; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 5 ; 
Skills: Fighting d4, Throwing d6, Notice d10, Stealth d6, Lockpicking d6, Knowledge: Alien Invaders d6, Streetwise d4, Persuasion d4
Edges: Mentalist, Luck, Great Luck, Attractive

Powers(55 Power Points)
[*]Mental Mastery: Switchable Mind Control, Mind Reading, and Telepathy
[*]Telekinesis: Strength 1d12+4, Heavy Weapon, Range 24
[*]Fast Telekinesis(2): Extra action, contingent on telekinesis
[*]Danger Sense (2): Notice to detect hidden Dangers, Start on Hold
[*]Uncanny Reflexes (4): -2 to being hit

Bennies: 5/5
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Delilah Notice 11
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Ace [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Summer Notice 3
Notice [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Delilah sank back into her seat and closed her eyes. “Well, that proved...enlightening,” she said. “Why is the government working with the Saraph?” She shook her head. It didn’t make sense. The aliens had nearly overwhelmed humanity. Only the supers had brought them to heal.

Summer looked up as a teenage boy approached her. She blinked. He was a little thin, but damn, if he wasn’t cute! She blushed slightly at his words. He was the guy speaking in their heads.

Summer glanced to her mother. She had her eyes closed. Okay, let’s try this, she thought to the boy. I don’t have any powers. Sorry. I’m Summer.” She glanced at her mother again, and then offered the boy her hand. “What’s your name?” she asked aloud, pushing a lock of her brown hair behind her ear and giving him a shy smile.

Actions
Conditions
*1 Adam West Bennies: Flashback (turn a failure into a success); Bag of Holding (Scrounger Edge); Big Win (+4 to Trait roll)
*Bennies: 2/3
*Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards
*Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
*Blinding Reflexes: Can make an Agility roll to move out of AoE effects
*Super Speed: 2 x Pace
Character Tracker
Delilah Carter Character Sheet
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13 (6, negates 4 ballistic AP)
Super Strength: +2 die types Strength= d10
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
Improved Nerves of Steel: Ignore 2 points of Wound modifiers
Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards
Blinding Reflexes: Can make an Agility roll to move out of AoE effects
Regeneration: Roll natural healing every round, halve time recovering from Fatigue, all injuries are temporary
Gifted: Ignore -2 penalty when making unskilled rolls
Eagle Eyes: Halve range penalties
Infra/Low-Light Vision: Ignore illumination penalties
Pulse Blaster Rifle: 22 shots
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards:
Walker
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Walker »

Walker sits down exhausted from all of the day's activities. Looking over at Bradley Walker make some gestures and mumbles a few Arcane words.
Bradley, would you please slim through the minds of our new guests.
I would have to find we have another situation like a few moments ago.
Then out loud he says. "We need to search the prisoners for tracking devices and such before he head outfrom he. We cannot afford to have them showing up at the retreat. "
Walker (Rob T)
Walker: Full Character
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Cha: +0; Pace: 5; Parry: 2; Toughness: 12 (6)
Skills: Healing d4, Knowledge (Arcane) d10, Knowledge (Science) d6, Knowledge (the Aegis Authority) d6, Notice d8, Persuasion d4, Repair d4, Spellcasting d12+4, and Streetwise d6.
Combat Edges: Danger Sense, Elan & Improved Level Headed
Powers of Note: Astral Constructs, Bracers of Deflection, Levitation, Teleport and Astral Form (affected by magic)

Currently Memorized: Phasing on Astral Form and Teleport.

Current Status
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Gothm mulls things over in the jet on the ride back to KENMARK. He looks to Delilah. "You assume the government is working with the Saraph. This is not necessarily the case. It is quite possible the government is now working for the Sarpah, that they never actually left, but won the war while we were running about, winning battle after battle. Pretend to retreat, while taking over the organizations with the ability to control the world--starting, of course, with Aegis, which is one of the few truly international organizations with actual teeth. Collaborators often exist during hostile occupations; we may have just discovered that Aegis has become such. For me, the major question is what our good sponsor knew about this situation with the Saraph before he sent us in there. I think we should demand a.. face-to-face meeting, this time, not dealing with a hologram." He gives a discrete head-dip towards Bradley, making it clear what he thinks the best purpose of such a meeting would be.
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
Bradley Collins
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Taking Summer's hand when offered, he brings to his lips and kisses the back of it. "I am Bradley. Pleased to meet you." He then lets go with a smile.

Upon Walker's request he begins scanning all the minds of the supers they brought back. He searches for any valuable information that can be found about the Saraph and their connection with Aegis. He also sees if he can find any information about their benefactor and his involvement in all that is going on.

At Gothm's head nod, Bradley over does a wink and nod back very dramatically.
OOC Comments
Smarts: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild: [dice]1[/dice] Ace: [dice]2[/dice] Second Ace: [dice]3[/dice]
Total: 21 vs their smarts to resist.
Bradley Collins
Skills: Fighting d4, Throwing d6, Notice d10, Stealth d6, Lockpicking d6, Knowledge: Alien Invaders d6, Streetwise d4, Persuasion d4

Powers(55 Power Points)

Mitchell Maxwell
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Mitchell Maxwell »

Notice
[dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

Mitchell is silent for the initial escape. As he settles into his seat on the jet, his mind is actively lifting chunks of debris and maneuvering them into the path of any incoming AEGIS fire. Once they are well on the way he telekinetically feels around the jet and listens closely to the engines.

I think we made it unscathed. Everything sounds and feels right.

As he listens to Summer and Bradley, he does his best to hide a smile. Although he could not see the awkward body language, the subtle inflections in their voices and the stiffness with the way they carried themselves told him all he needed to know. When the psychic reached out to him he made sure his thoughts let him know that he knew what was going on between him and Summer.

This budding romance should prove interesting. Bradley better watch himself, though, Delilah is not someone you want to be on the bad side of.

Gothm’s comment brings him back to business. The supposed reformed ecoterrorist had a point.

“Gothm has a point and although I don’t want to believe it, he is probably correct. What better way to get those of us with abilities out of the way than to send us out to fight? All the while the real takeover was happening right under our noses. Here I was thinking I was saving the world all that time. How could I be so blind? Heh, heh…

Oh come on, that was a good one.”
Mr. Raith
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Mr. Raith »

Notice=9
Notice: [dice]0[/dice]
WILD dye: [dice]1[/dice]
-ACE: [dice]4[/dice]

K-common: [dice]2[/dice]
WILD dye: [dice]3[/dice]
Mr. Raith immediately starts patting down the prisoners as soon as they are airborne. He takes secret pleasure in the revulsion of the ones that realize he is not quite alive. To one he says, "What's wrong? A simple 'thank you' would be nice."

To the rest of the team he declares, "Are we to believe our benevolent merchant was able to hack into that facility's cell cameras to provide bait for us to take the mission but somehow remained ignorant of the Sarpah presence? It doesn't make sense...but the fact we are still alive and on this jet indicates he did not betray us. Maybe he just had suspicions and was using us to confirm them?"
Mr. Raith
Mr. Raith
Dead Soul
Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Charisma: -2 (another -2 CHA in close contact re: undead); Pace: 6(d6 running), 12 teleport; Parry: 9 ; Toughness: 18(6) Armor also negates 4AP from ballistic attacks
(Spectral Strike melee attack: d8+3d6+4, 6AP, HW, Mult. Attacks :: Shattersoul melee attack (1/round): weapon(optional, +1d6+4 dmg if unarmed)+d8+2d6, Focus, +1Reach)
===>Ruthless, Arrogant, Mean, All Thumbs
===>Fighting d12 +3, Stealth d10 (+2 w/stealth suit), Notice d8 +2, Taunt d8
===>Immune to Fear, called shots, poison, disease and 1 wound level, +2 to recover from being Shaken, doesn’t breathe
===>Danger Sense: gets a Notice roll at –2 just before a sneak attack or event occurs
===>Alertness: +2 to Notice rolls
===>Deflection: -2 for enemies to hit w/ ranged
===>Two Fisted: Attack with each hand, no MAP
===>Awareness: Ignores any and all obscurement penalties like darkness, fog, invisibility, etc
===>Always considered armed
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Delilah Notice 7
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Summer Notice 2
Notice [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

"You assume the government is working with the Saraph. This is not necessarily the case. It is quite possible the government is now working for the Sarpah, that they never actually left, but won the war while we were running about, winning battle after battle. Pretend to retreat, while taking over the organizations with the ability to control the world -- starting, of course, with Aegis, which is one of the few truly international organizations with actual teeth. Collaborators often exist during hostile occupations; we may have just discovered that Aegis has become such. For me, the major question is what our good sponsor knew about this situation with the Saraph before he sent us in there. I think we should demand a...face-to-face meeting, this time, not dealing with a hologram."

Delilah gaped at Gothm. “I can’t believe they would do that,” she said. “After all we did in the program to fight them! Why? Why would they betray humanity?”

"We need to search the prisoners for tracking devices and such before he head out from here. We cannot afford to have them showing up at the retreat," Walker said.

“Good idea,” Delilah said. She stood up and spoke to the freed prisoners. “Okay, everyone. We’re going to do a quick search just to make sure AEGIS didn’t plant something on you that they could track. Then we will take you someplace safe, get you a good meal, and a good bed. Please cooperate.”

Summer blushed as Bradley kissed her hand. “Pleased to meet you, too.” She glances over to her mother again. She was busy with the searching. “Say, you wanna catch a movie sometime?”

Actions
Conditions
*1 Adam West Bennies: Flashback (turn a failure into a success); Bag of Holding (Scrounger Edge); Big Win (+4 to Trait roll)
Character Tracker
Regeneration: Roll natural healing every round, halve time recovering from Fatigue, all injuries are temporary
Adventure Cards:
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hexx »

Delilah Carter wrote:

Delilah gaped at Gothm. “I can’t believe they would do that,” she said. “After all we did in the program to fight them! Why? Why would they betray humanity?”
Gothm smiles grimly. "Remember the first years of the war. Many thought we would lose. Is it so surprising to you--are you not familiar enough with human nature, yet, to realize that there are those who will bargain with the Devil for a better place in Hell? I could easily see some sorry souls making initial pacts with the Sarpah to gain 'favored' status once our reptilian overlords were in place. They may even have convinced themselves they were doing it for the benefit of humanity--ensuring that our race would be spared complete annihilation, even if that subsequent existence would be as slave to the Sarpah. But then ARES came along and upset the apple-cart. We began winning--which would eventually lead to the exposure of the collaborators. At that point, self-preservation made it necessary for them to continue working with the enemy, to find a new way for them to take control."

He shakes his head. "Please, keep in mind I am merely hypothesizing. But historically, there have been collaborators in virtually every occupation of one nation by another, dating back to the days when 'alien' just meant the people on the far side of a nation's border. Read up on the Warsaw Ghettos some time if you wish to make yourself miserable. So I have no doubt some would be willing to do this thing when faced with a literal alien enemy."
Katarina "Kat" Wilhelm, aka Hexx
Rising Star
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6 (d8/d12+1), Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
Skills: Athletics d6 (Throwing d12); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d8; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Humiliate: Free Reroll on Taunt Tests
Strong-Willed: +2 on Smarts/Spirit Opposed Resistance Rolls
Powers:
Jinx: Foes Mishap on 1 or 2
Switch 1: Negation: RTA (Throwing), Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Switch 2: Malfunction: 12", Spirit (0/-2/-4/-6) + Super-Attribute Spirit III
Switch 3: Attack, Ranged III, 12/24/48, 3d10 Damage, 1 Round Delay, Always Innocent Bystanders
Gifted: Never Unskilled
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be hit, Agility to evade AoE
Danger Sense: Notice to start combat on Hold when ambushed
Fearless
Super-Attribute: Spirit
Super-Skills: Taunt, Athletics/Throwing
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Delilah Notice 3 Crit fail
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Summer Notice 9
Notice [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Ace [dice]4[/dice]

Delilah sank back in her seat, her face pale. “No, Gothm. Everything we fought for. Died for. How could they? I can’t believe Horatio… No, he wouldn’t! We both fought the Sarpah as hard as we could, in our own ways. Horatio couldn’t know about this. He would never collaborate with the aliens!” She buried her face in her hands, her slim shoulders shaking slightly, but there were no tears. She couldn’t let them come in front of everyone in the jet.

Summer glanced at her mother, putting a hand on her shoulder. “No, dad would never do that,” the teen agreed.

Actions
Conditions
Character Tracker
Adventure Cards:
Walker
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Walker »

"The problem we must consider now is not how to defeat the speprah, but is instead how can we inform the public in a way they will believe." Walker again somehow has food and tea on his person as he is handing out rations to the rescued men and women and offering tea while speaking.
"We know defeating them was possible, that is why they fled. But i highly doubt only our local governments is confederate in the situation and assume this to be a world wide predicament. i believe it is time to brain storm how to convince the public."
Walker (Rob T)
Skills: Healing d4, Knowledge (Arcane) d10, Knowledge (Science) d6, Knowledge (the Aegis Authority) d6, Notice d8, Persuasion d4, Repair d4, Spellcasting d12+4, and Streetwise d6.
Powers of Note: Astral Constructs, Bracers of Deflection, Levitation, Teleport and Astral Form (affected by magic)

Current Status

Mitchell Maxwell
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

"Walker, I agree, people need to know. The best way to do that is to show them. We need to demonstrate that the Sarpah are still here and that those that were supposed to fight them are now in league with them--or at the very least not doing anything about it. Nothing like seeing something with your own eyes. Not only would that expose what ever is going on, it would also go a long way for us, in that there may be hope that we don't need to be on the run looking over our shoulder anymore.

"Ha, I am on a roll today. That's three sight references by the blind guy!"
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hexx »

Gothm nods gently at Delilah. "We know that there are those in Aegis who are unaware of the truth--even when planted in a building directly over their nest. It is fully possible that Summer's father is among those. Indeed, the biggest difficulty we may have is in sorting the complicit with those who have been duped. Or, I suppose, blackmailed. The levers of power are long in the halls of government agencies, and moreso in those dedicated to secrecy and intrigue. I would not be surprised that there are many who have discovered the truth, only too late also learning that they have no true option in bringing forth evidence before they--and their loved ones--die horrible and grisly deaths. Young Bradley, here, will be useful in determining which class any particular Aegis agent falls into, I should guess."
Rising Star
Skills: Athletics d6 (Throwing d12); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d8; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Powers:
Switch 1: Negation: RTA (Throwing), Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Switch 3: Attack, Ranged III, 12/24/48, 3d10 Damage, 1 Round Delay, Always Innocent Bystanders
Fearless
Walker
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Walker »

Looking around to make sure Summer was not in the room Walker replies to Gothm. "I am certain Mr. Carter would be involved and have full knowledge. Such a conspiracy would require a coalition of competent supporters and resources. Things like secret underground tunnels are not built by chance. We can give the benefit of the doubt for now, but we must consider it no random chance that our benefactor chose for us to see this base."
Walker stops talking for a moment and thinks on who in the Authority would be needed and whose signatures would be needed to get things moving without a lot of questions being asked.

Knowledge (the Aegis Authority) 9 = Raise
Knowledge (the Aegis Authority) d6 - This is a highly specialized knowledge skill so I would think it would minimize penalties and maximize details.
Knowledge (the Aegis Authority) [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice] Ace [dice]2[/dice]

Walker (Rob T)

Current Status

Bradley Collins
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

"I would happily catch a movie with you Summer. I do not recall ever seeing one."

"While in the prison they were quite skilled at only letting people near me whose mind did not know about the Sarpah. In fact I think they wiped people's minds before they ever had them talk to me. I agree that this conspiracy does run pretty deep. Searching the minds of those here I do not detect anything out of the ordinary. When do you guys think we will be done with all this conspiracy stuff? Summer and I would like to go catch a movie which sounds much more entertaining."
Bradley Collins

Powers(55 Power Points)

Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Idle Talk
While theories fly back and forth between our heroes regarding the presence of the Sarpah at a secure government facility dedicated to hunting super powered humans, hormones rage between BRadley and Summer. All of it made for a pretty awkward flight back. Mercifully it was short. After landing the team is ushered into their lounge where the real-live version of Kenneth Marks is waiting for them, and the normally laissez-faire billionaire looks downright agitated.

He raises his hands in a gesture of non-hostility and starts talking...fast.

”Looks before you kill me or whatever you gotta know, I had no idea what was going on down there!” He gestures rapidly at Bradley, Have the mind reader check me out...just stay away from my memories of that time in Boca Raton kid, it’s for your own benefit.”
Bradley
When Bradley does as asked he’ll find Marks is telling the truth..if you do go peeking around about Boca Raton let me know, that’ll be an opposed roll.

After everyone has said their piece, which Kenneth takes in with little protest, he nods. ”Guys this is a big deal, no doubt AEGIS is going to be on your asses even more than before to keep this under wraps. I promised to pay you for one job and I’ll do that, even give you a clean identity card, authentic government issue. You can walk away now.”

After leaving a very long, awkward, pause he sighs deeply and continues, ”I’m sure our good friend Randy gave me up. So, I’m in this fight no matter what now. No getting away clean for eccentric, billionaire, playboys. And frankly, I didn’t help make technology to win the war just to hand everything over now. But, if I’m going to figure out what the hell is going on, I’m going to need serious help. Your kind of help.”

The man’s classic devil may care smile slowly returns to his lips as he looks at each person in the room, ”You in?”
Signature
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

Marduk states, "There is a substantial probability that only a minority of those in the upper echelon are aware of the alien presence. The Majority of the agents on all levels would be highly adverse to dealings with known enemies. Therefore, it is likely that the aliens were hidden and were unknown to Mr. Marks as well. Emotions are an illogical reaction."

John may be seething, but he has to think...he blesses hours of watching reruns of Star Trek for giving him an idea how to act logical and emotionless...because he needs it now to keep up the robot act.
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hexx »

Gothm looks at Marks for a long time, then finally speaks. "Mr. Marks, I accept that you did not know about the Sarpah presence within Aegis, and admit your help could be useful. But I am attempting to address more than one agenda, right now. If you give your word that once this matter with Aegis is settled, you will bend your financial and political might towards true environmental activism--not merely the odd media-friendly 'green' program, but pushing for real reforms to try to address pollution, climate change and so forth, then I will be happy to ally with you now."

I would prefer to put the Mother first, of course, but sadly, I can do her no good if I am killed by the Sarpah and Aegis.
Rising Star
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Powers:
Fearless
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Delilah Notice 5
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Summer Notice 9
Notice [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Ace [dice]4[/dice]

Summer gaped. “You’ve never seen a movie? she exclaimed. “How long were you down there? You poor thing!” She gave Brantley a hug.

Delilah frowned disapprovingly. “Summer, give the boy some space.”

As the troop trudged into their new secret lair, they were met by Kenneth Marks, who quickly protested his innocence.

Summer held Brantley’s hand, looking at him as he checked out the veracity of Marks’ knowledge.

“I don’t think any of us could rest, Mr. Marks, knowing what we know now. We gave our lives and our bodies to fighting the Sarpah. It appears that war isn’t over,” Delilah said. She frowned at Gothm. “I really don’t think distracting us with environmental activism will do us any good if the Sarpah return and just decide to waste the planet from orbit for being obstinate.

Actions
Conditions
Character Tracker
Adventure Cards:
Mr. Raith
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Mr. Raith »

Notice=4
Notice: [dice]0[/dice]
WILD dye: [dice]1[/dice]

K-common: [dice]2[/dice]
WILD dye: [dice]3[/dice]
Marks wrote: ”You in?”
Mr. Raith paces restlessly back and forth, occasionally walking into a shadow on one side of the room only to appear instantly from a similarly shadowed alcove on the other side. His senses are on edge, half expecting another ambush ever since they landed. But Raith stays within earshot of Marks as he pleads his case and notices with open annoyance the way he returns to his sickening salesman routine at the end. "Ugh...I almost wish you had betrayed me just so I could fracture your spine."
Gothm wrote:"Mr. Marks, I accept that you did not know about the Sarpah presence within Aegis, and admit your help could be useful. But I am attempting to address more than one agenda, right now. If you give your word that once this matter with Aegis is settled, you will bend your financial and political might towards true environmental activism--not merely the odd media-friendly 'green' program, but pushing for real reforms to try to address pollution, climate change and so forth, then I will be happy to ally with you now."
"Oh for crying out loud. The planet's been conquered by aliens and you want to save more fish!" Mr. Raith shakes his head in disgust. "Ridiculous."
Mr. Raith
Mr. Raith
Dead Soul
Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Charisma: -2 (another -2 CHA in close contact re: undead); Pace: 6(d6 running), 12 teleport; Parry: 9 ; Toughness: 18(6) Armor also negates 4AP from ballistic attacks
(Spectral Strike melee attack: d8+3d6+4, 6AP, HW, Mult. Attacks :: Shattersoul melee attack (1/round): weapon(optional, +1d6+4 dmg if unarmed)+d8+2d6, Focus, +1Reach)
===>Ruthless, Arrogant, Mean, All Thumbs
===>Fighting d12 +3, Stealth d10 (+2 w/stealth suit), Notice d8 +2, Taunt d8
===>Immune to Fear, called shots, poison, disease and 1 wound level, +2 to recover from being Shaken, doesn’t breathe
===>Danger Sense: gets a Notice roll at –2 just before a sneak attack or event occurs
===>Alertness: +2 to Notice rolls
===>Deflection: -2 for enemies to hit w/ ranged
===>Two Fisted: Attack with each hand, no MAP
===>Awareness: Ignores any and all obscurement penalties like darkness, fog, invisibility, etc
===>Always considered armed
Walker
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Walker »

"While I agree that the Earth must be protected so we will have a place to live when this is all done. I can also see these creatures will only destroy and consume this planet. I am in on whatever plans you have already provided they are reasonable."
As the kids continue flirting with each other in the awkward ways of youth Walker thinks back to when he met his own wife and how silly he was. Sometimes he longed for the vigor of youth. But then he remembered how stupid he was when he was so young and thought, well maybe closer to 30 would be better.

Listening to Delilah Walker nodded. "We need to begin planning. Something like this will not be overcome by lone rebels without a plan."
Walker (Rob T)

Current Status

Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

Marduk thinks a bit while the others are talking and then comments, "Logically it is far simpler to destroy a planet than to conquer it. It must be assumed that the aliens have some reason, presumably cultural, to attempt the harder course. Perhaps, if we could learn more of their culture, we could discover their reasons and find a way to use their culture to make them leave without destroying this world."

John can think of dozen way any race capable of interplanetary travel could destroy the earth...and a few that would leave the planet mostly intact while wiping out 90% of humans. The did not use any, they invaded and attempted conquest. There must be a reason, and knowing that reason may be important.
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

“I agree,” Delilah told Walker. “We need more information. How many Aegis facilities are compromised? Which people? Did we get any footage from security cameras of the Sarpah? And we need to relocate all the metas we rescued, get them new identities and lives, or some place they can lay low.”
Character Tracker
Adventure Cards:
Bradley Collins
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

"I have been down there a long time Summer" He looked at her slightly quizzically at the hand holding and decided it was not so bad but let it continue.

After Marks invited him in and he confirmed that the man was telling the truth he accepted the fact and told the group as much, however he was not going to let the notion of this Boca Raton slip. After all what was this man hiding.
Finding out more than you want
Smarts:[dice]0[/dice]
Wild: [dice]1[/dice]
Bradley Collins

Powers(55 Power Points)

Mitchell Maxwell
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Notice: 8
[dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

Mitchell remains silent through most of the exchange. The new kid was good and would be useful but he trusted his own senses. Being blind let you pick up a whole lot more with your ears. Still, he came to the same conclusion that the billionaire was on the up and up, at least on this matter.

“The Saraph are an invasive species. Eliminating them protects the planet. Two birds with one stone so I am not exactly sure what the debate is about. More importantly, whatever is next is going to cause destruction on a large scale. People will be killed or hurt. Your substantial wealth could save a lot of lives in the coming conflict. If we do this, I would like some assurances that you will put in place measures to protect as many people as possible. Your residences themselves could be converted to refugee camps to support hundreds if not more”

Let’s see how much money he’s willing to put in his mouth
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Do We Get Cool Costumes?
Marks visibly relaxes as the group agrees to help, "Great! I am terrified and super excited all at the same time. I can't take direct action or we'll tip our hand, and lose a lot of my inside sources to the government world. So I need dedicated pweople like you to do the heavily lifting." He smiles and gives a wink to Brute at that last part. Then nodding to Gothm he adds, "And don't you worry my fortune isn't any good to me with the earth is dead, or enslaved by aliens, so yeah - KENMARK Green Technologies is already working on everything we need to hit the reset button on human consumption and environmental impact. I can arrange a tour for you if you want."

Turning slightly more serious he nods, "Anyone we rescue will be invited to join the fight or given a clean identity to stay out of the way."

Grinning he looks to the group, "What do we do next? I'm not much of a terrorist."
Signature
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Delilah Notice 5
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Summer Notice 3
Notice [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Delilah looked at the others. “We should do like we did during ARES. We need ways to conceal our identities so we can maintain lives in public. That means uniforms.” She looked down at the AEGIS armor she and Summer wore. “And maybe the old team will give people hope, remind them of what we did in the war, before they decommissioned and vilified us.”

Summer’s eyes brightened, and her hand tightened on Bradley’s. “That means costumes, right? Can I help design them! This is so cool!” she gushed, looking at Bradley. She looked him over, wondering how one of the tight, body fitting costumes would look like on him.

No, she wasn’t used to being around telepaths.

Actions
Conditions
Character Tracker
Adventure Cards:
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

MARDUK comments to Marks, "Terrorism is often in the mind of the Propagandists. Our first step is finding a way to get the information we want out to the people. Our second step is finding other facilities that are being used by the Aliens so we can expose them."
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
Walker
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Walker »

Smiling at the girls excitement Walker says. "I agree some discretion is needed. But I do not have the strength or endurance of you younger fellows. I cannot wear so much armor without collapsing from heat fatigue. So be sure whatever you draw up it is light enough for old men who are more used to suits and tuxedos than shock plates and Kevlar."
Thinking to himself he asks Marks. "Do you have anything light enough for an old man that the young lady can work with?"
Walker (Rob T)

Current Status

Bradley Collins
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

"Have you designed superhero costumes before? I bet you would make some really cool costumes." As Bradley started to see what kind of costumes she was thinking of he smiled and left her thoughts immediately as they felt a bit personal. "You can design mine. I am sure it would be fun. I would like a cape a long flowing cape."

"So Marks what kind of missions do you have in mind? Also do we have time for Summer and I to go see a movie before our first mission. She thinks its fun and I haven't seen any that I remember."
Bradley Collins

Powers(55 Power Points)

Mitchell Maxwell
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Notice:10
[dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]+[dice]2[/dice]

Mitchell nods in approval at Marks’ responses.

This guy seems sincere enough. What choice do we have anyway? Probably knew that we’d fight these aliens with him or not.

Delilah brings up a good point. I’ve been hiding out amongst the homeless as a panhandler. I’d rather upgrade with my new identity. Maybe I can be a lawyer for you, Kenneth. I think a blind lawyer who moonlights as a superhero would be the furthest thing anyone would suspect.”

As Summer and Bradley discuss costumes, Mitchell’s tone gets serious.

“I want you two to know that I wasn’t always blind. Either of you design anything where we have numbers that designate us, and you get telekinetically slapped. That crap looks ridiculous. I’ll know it, too. Don’t think I won’t.”
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Summer smiled at Walker. “I bet Mr. Marks has all sorts of cool James Bond stuff. We could make you an armored tux. Oh! Or a tux like that Jackie Chan movie!”

Summer looked to Bradley, eyes wide, as if shocked. “Oh! No capes! Capes are so gauche! We are totally watching The Incredibles, she told him.

Summer giggled at Mitchell. “I’m going to make you a red costume, with little horns, because no one would suspect a blind lawyer,” she teased him.

Delilah rolled her eyes. “Everyone will get a chance to veto their costume,” she assured, giving Summer a warning look.
Character Tracker
Adventure Cards:
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hexx »

Gothm nods to Marks. "That will suffice. I shall hold you to it." He considers the issue of 'costumes'. "There can be power in symbols. If we are to inspire our fellow humans, I agree that some sort of heraldry would be appropriate."
Rising Star
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Powers:
Fearless
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

MARDUK comments, "A change of color might be possible for this unit, all else would be illogical."

A robot in a costume is just silly...
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
Walker
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Walker »

Not really concerned all that much about the look of the outfits, so much as he is concerned about the hard tasks ahead of them Walker tries to bring the topic back around from where it had rabbit trailed. "While the costumes will be nice, we still need to address the primary issues we are concerned with. One thing we will want integrated into all the suits are high quality cameras. They will let us review our mistakes and generate evidence of the alien threat."
Walker (Rob T)

Current Status

Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

It's Settled Then
As the team brainstorms their needs Marks nods intensely his eidetic memory recording every request they make. He vigorously confirms the needs for disguises and identities, "Yes, we're going to need to protect ourselves. Disguise will be important, we also have some very cool materials that can keep their integrity even if you change sizes of states. You're going to love it," he adds to Summer with a wink.

"As for identities, we can get some goods ones. Maybe have you all be regular employees of our company or affiliates. Our security services group can sort that out." He touches a wall, which instantly turns into a touch interface and monitor, it shows a dizzying array of blueprints, purchase orders, and other accounting stuff. "I looked into the facility we raided. Turn out it was one of the few reconstruction contracts that didn't go to Kenmark. You can tell we didn't build it cause it sucked, who the hell puts sleeping quarters right next to a loading dock?" Waving the air dismissively at his rhetorical question he keeps going on, "So our forensic accounting people looked to see who won the bid. It was a dummy corporation but we linked them back to an outfit in D.C. that lobbied heavy for the ARES Protocol called Continuum Consulting. Turns out this lobby owns dozen of shell corporations and they all won contracts to build similar facilities across the world - a lot of them in major capitals." He emphasizes his point with a map that shows the location of AEGIS facilities linked to Continuum. "No idea what all this means but I bet all those facilities have secrets to share."

After discussion on the next steps Marks is happy to accommodate the young kids, "Movies, sure, I own a whole bunch of theatres in New York. Or you can stay here and check out out new state of the art virtual immersion system. Why watch a move when you can be in it!"
Boca Raton
Despite Mark's warning Bradley probes his mind for the Boca Raton incident, and immediately regrets it. The scene of debauchery seems to take place in a grandiose hotel room with many members of both sexes, drugs, booze, and even dancing animals. The scene focuses on Kenneth Marks lying on a bed, surrounded by sleeping people, taking a long drag from some sort of oversized cigarette. As he blows out smoke, Marks looks directly at Bradley. "Told you not to come here kid." The smoke envelopes Bradley and the memory fades leaving the psychic alone to process the scene.
Signature
Mitchell Maxwell
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Notice:12
[dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]+[dice]2[/dice]

Mitchell does not show any reaction to Marks’ display of what must be impressive and expensive technology--because he can’t see it.

“If all of these shell companies, as you call them, are linked then it is reasonable to assume the Saraph are a bit more prolific than we thought. Kenneth, do you know of any heavy hitters in the business world, say on par with yourself as far as wealth and influence that perhaps sympathized, allied, or even were ambivalent to the Saraph during the war?”

To Summer’s comment on costumes,

“Red could work and I do like the devilish persona, but I was thinking something more subtle. Something where I can go undetected. I mean, I can’t see so it folks might as well not see me either.”
Bradley Collins
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

"Costumes sound cool and all but do we need them? I mean don't most of these Aegis guys just have our information and know what we look like? Won't they just shoot on site? I more or less like the idea of hanging out, seeing movies, and talking to Summer." He gives her a glance at the mention of her name before continuing. "I mean you guys have not been stuck in their facilities for years. It is really not something I would like to go back to." Not waiting for anyone's response Bradley walks out of the room.

Finding a place outside away from the conversation Brad sits skulking about his time he spent in the prisons. Using his telekinesis he juggles some random things he finds. He begins to think about thoughts he saw from his grandfather and some of the stuff he has been through. Unsure he continues to skulk maybe they will come up with a plan besides he didn't know any real skills for an undercover position.
Bradley Collins

Powers(55 Power Points)

Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Montage!
The group has a number of things to deal with at once: uniforms, next steps, and teenage drama to name a few. While Marks has revealed potential other Serpah sites, others have suggested a media campaign, looking for other corporate partners, or even just fading into a false identity. Fortunately, they have the luxury of time. Their presence is hidden and KENMARK has immeasurable resources to keep them entertained.
Montage
We'll treat this like an interlude, except it'll be a narrative describing things you're trying to get done. THe montage scene is worth 1 benny and 1 XP.

I also need a decision on what direction you would like to go in next.
Signature
Bradley Collins
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Summer helped Bradley alot with getting over his thoughts of dealing with Aliens and Aegis. Bradley spends as much time as he can with Summer. Helping her make costumes and generally trying to go to movies both in and out of the immersion theater. After watching The Incredibles he decides that cape isn't a good idea for pretty obvious reasons. He opts for something simple letting Summer choose the color palette losing himself in watching her enjoy the process of designing the costumes.

To help out he tries to research what he can about Continuum Consulting. He looks into their background and tries to find out more about how they started and what all they have been doing other than constructing these facilities. While doing research he tries to also find out if they typically used more materials than were typical for buildings of the size that were being built. He takes numerous notes throughout the whole process.

When it comes to the decision making he generally leaves it the adults but shares the information he gathers. He does offer to pose as janitor or some such in some facilities in attempt to read the minds of coworkers and try to weed out possible target locations.
Bradley Collins

Powers(55 Power Points)

Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Delilah Notice 5
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Summer Notice 5
Notice [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

“They may have our identities,” Delilah told Bradley, “but many of us managed to evade them for the last few years despite that. The only other option is permanent seclusion. I would think you’ve had enough of that,” she told the young man. “There are some things we can do to evade immediate recognition. Change of hair color and such. But yet, we will have to be careful.”

Summer watched as Bradley walked off. After a few moments, she followed him out. She didn’t say anything, just sat down next to him, her shoulder against his, there if he wanted to talk. She pulled a sketch pad out of her book to start drawing some concept costumes.

Delilah was given a job in the Kenmark R&D department. It was nice to be in a lab again. She was given an out of the way corner station where she could work without too much looking over her shoulder, treated as a special independent consultant.

One of the first things Delilah did was take a sample of her blood and extract some of her nanites. With lab facilities again, she could continue her research with the tiny robots. She finished up an experimental programming that she had been working on before she’d had to flee and downloaded it into the nanites. The tests went as perfected, and so Delilah programmed the ones in her body. Now she could cause the nanites to build a small, mosquito-sized drone that she could send out to scout a location and report back, or allow her to view remotely.

With Summer’s help, Delilah repurposed the AEGIS combat armor she had stolen, designing it into a costume that was more flexible and skin tight, allowing better range of movement for the same protection using the proprietary material Kenmark had available.

Finally, Delilah resumed her research on the Sarpah, trying to find a way to take advantage of vulnerabilities and weaknesses they aliens had. They had fought them enough during the war. There had to be something to give them an edge.

When Summer wasn’t hanging out with Bradley, she spent much of her time working on the costumes. The special material available was amazing with how it worked with powers. And it was skin tight and relatively flattering, holding everything in place, as needed. She even made herself a costume, though she doubted her mother would ever let her use it. It was nice to feel part of the team, however, and she certainly liked the way Bradley stared when she wore it. The Kenmark facility had a really nice gym that made her look awesome in the costume.

And then her mother insisted she and Bradley start school, so they got enrolled in a private academy. It was nice to be on a cheer and dance squad again, but not having to take tests. Being a pretty young teen, she was soon popular enough.

Delilah and Summer got a small apartment in an upscale Kenmark housing facility where they could try and live a normal life as much as possible and not be locked up in a super base, cut off from the world.
Costumes
I will let everyone decide what their costumes look like. Delilah will be in something white and black, a bit like Mercy in Overwatch. Summer will wear something blue and purple, like Dva in Overwatch.
Actions
Conditions
*Bennies: 3/3
Character Tracker
Adventure Cards:
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

Unlike the rest, John is moderately sure they do NOT have his identity, but the very idea of humans selling out to the aliens gives him the creeps. He takes the information of the marked sites, along with some tech the KENMARK folks provided him, and heads to contact his allies. He gives them the information and tells them, "My sources think that the Aliens may have bases remaining in these locations, hidden in what will seem to be government facilities. Find out all the information you can on the sites and get back to me. I did not fight the aliens just to have traitors sell us all down the river."

In the meantime, he sets about checking over the new tech and figuring out how to integrate it with his armor.
OOC Comments
Not sure what rolls if any I should be making
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hexx »

Gothm, beyond cooperating with Summer on designing his uniform (a green-and-black number with a stylized image of two ravens which he refuses to call it a 'costume'), opts to spend time in contemplation, and, curiously, reading and doing some private movie-watching. Eventually, he emerges from his seclusion and asks Delilah for an exam. "I have communed with the Mother, and she has seen fit to alter the Scourge. I think it would be wise for you to examine the results of this change."

Delilah eventually determines that Gothm's innate ability to infect someone has been vastly increased, in both potency and virulence. However, certain strands of DNA common to virtually all life on Earth render the organism immune to the infection--it is literally only capable of infecting extraterrestrial life-forms. That said, once a particular population has been so afflicted, the disease will spread through them like cholera in Victorian London. As a side-effect, Gothm no longer has the ability to choose not to infect an alien he encounters--the power will trigger automatically on contact.

Anyone who investigates Gothm's choices of entertainment during his brief sabbatical will discover books, radio-tapes and movie versions of H. G. Wells' War of the Worlds.
OOC Comments
New build for Scourge of the Mother approved by VV. Will be noted on character sheet later today.

Gothm, of course, believes his power has changed directly because of the appeal to "The Mother". Delilah is likely to suspect that it's a result of psychosomatic effects triggered by his 'study program'.
Rising Star
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Powers:
Fearless
Mitchell Maxwell
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Notice
[dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

Mitchell goes with a black adaptive camouflage costume with quick detach points for various throwable weapons for his uniform. Although the Kenmark armor has multiple optics modes in the helmet, he exchanges it for a custom featureless helmet with a mirror finish visor.

During the day, he takes a job in business development learning what he can about the corporate world and the various power players. His blindness gives him an advantage as most folks pity his disability and take him for granted. With his opponents guards lowered, he takes advantage of situations and is able to secure several deals for Marks, stealing them from his business opponents and learning as much as he can about them in the process.

When Bradley is not spending time with Summer, a rarity but Delilah does put her foot down at times, Mitchell coaches him on his telekinetic abilities. The boy has a mental strength near his own and is almost as adept in controlling multiple objects at once. Mitchell lets him know he is impressed in hopes to get him out of his teenage slump and realize his potential.
Walker
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Walker »

Notice 8 and Common Knowledge 9
Danger Sense Triggered on 6 or better
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Notice Wild Die [dice]1[/dice] + Ace [dice]6[/dice]

Common Knowledge
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Smarts Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]
Walker is fairly casual about the whole thing. He trust the girl to make him a costume, and yes he knows they are costumes, that will help him out in the right ways. The whole situation has him thinking he needs to start training harder with battle spells. He has spent a long time as a wizard and been able to avoid combat for most of a century. But it seems like now he will be on a team literally looking for combat.
Looking up from his chair he asks the most important question he can think of. "How long do you think it will be until the others are able to return to the field? I do not have a lot of experience in psychoanalysis to guess myself, but I imagine it will not be to soon."
"We also need to think and discuss the timing of our next action. Currently I am sure all their facilities are on high alert. But wait to long and they will have a chance to put in some countermeasures specifically for our talents. Do any of you have sufficient tactical knowledge to make a reasonable assessment?"

Knowledge Aegis 8
Rolling to see what the predicted reactions of AGIS will be.

Knowledge (the AEGIS Authority) [dice]4[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]5[/dice] + Ace [dice]7[/dice]
Walker (Rob T)

Current Status

Return to “Archive”