Adventure 2: Heroes for Hire

Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Adventure 2: Heroes for Hire

Post by Venatus Vinco »

The Building
Walking the lighted path is eerie but uneventful. It ends at the loading door of a large terminal building. The door is lit brightly and emblazoned with the emblem for KENMARK Industries. While others take precautions, Randy brazenly approaches the entrance. As soon as he gets within a few feet the door slowly rolls open revealing a huge, vacant, warehouse. In the middle of the cavernous structure, bathed in a pool of light, is an array of screens, computers, and monitors playing back images of each of our heroes. Following the playback, each person realizes this is footage of all their movements over the past few weeks.

Suddenly, as if out of knowhere, an extremely well dress man appears from behind the bank of computers.
Details
A common knowledge checks reveals him as Kenneth Marks, billionaire CEO of KENMARK Industries. A notice check at -2 reveals this is a hologram and not a real person.
"Hey guys," he says with a ridiculously positive vibe considering the circumstances. "My name's Ken, so glad you made it. Don't worry too much about those agents, I've got an army of lawyers blocking them from coming on to my property. I also sent the local judge a real nice present earlier this evening, one she wouldn't want her husband finding out about." The guy flashes everyone a shit eating grin before continuing, "Sorry, sorry. I just feel like I know you guys. We've been following your progress for a while. Real, honest to goodness war heroes getting crapped on by your own government. It just isn't right. But you think you got it bad, at least they didn't catch you."

The screens flip to a laboratory with many patients strapped in an subject to inhumane experiments.
Want a Benny?
Write your reaction to seeing a hero you know from the war strapped to one of the tables.
"I do a lot of business with the government. Basically have the market cornered on reconstruction projects. Our guys stumbled across this lab when working with a government sub-contractor. Turns out the ARES project isn't exactly dead, but they're capturing former project members and trying to figure out what makes them tick...maybe to stop them...maybe to copy 'em. We're not sure. Thing is, this lab is off the grid. We can't hack into it. We need to get inside to figure out what the hell is going on...and to get those people out of there."

Marks smiles again, "I need you guys to get my tech people inside for a look so we can expose what's happening and maybe figure out what the end game is, because it can't be good." He looks a little sheepish bringing up the next part, "I know most of you are down on your luck, so I an pay. And give you a spot at one of our facilities to lay low after all is said and done."

"You want to help some people out and make a few bucks? I mean, I guess you could always squat in old tenements or subway tunnels. It has it's charms."
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: Adventure 2: Heroes for Hire

Post by Hexx »

OOC Comments
CK [dice]0[/dice]
Wild CK [dice]1[/dice]

Notice [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Notice [dice]3[/dice]

As Gothm looks on the sight of his old friend and confidant, Skáld, strapped to a table, the hero-poet's mouth muzzled shut, the storm outside intensifies, and lightning begins to arc between the clouds, some striking down in the parks. His lip curls back in a snarl as the pitch is made, and he turns to the man and rushes forward, shouting. "Keep your wretched cash, Marks, just--" his voice falters as he stumbles forward, finding the hologram impossible to grab by the collar. Whipping around, he bellows, "Just tell me where this lab is, and I'll get inside!"
Katarina "Kat" Wilhelm, aka Hexx
Rising Star
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6 (d8/d12+1), Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
Skills: Athletics d6 (Throwing d12); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d8; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Humiliate: Free Reroll on Taunt Tests
Strong-Willed: +2 on Smarts/Spirit Opposed Resistance Rolls
Bennies: 3/3
Powers:
Jinx: Foes Mishap on 1 or 2
Switch 1: Negation: RTA (Throwing), Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Switch 2: Malfunction: 12", Spirit (0/-2/-4/-6) + Super-Attribute Spirit III
Switch 3: Attack, Ranged III, 12/24/48, 3d10 Damage, 1 Round Delay, Always Innocent Bystanders
Gifted: Never Unskilled
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be hit, Agility to evade AoE
Danger Sense: Notice to start combat on Hold when ambushed
Fearless
Super-Attribute: Spirit
Super-Skills: Taunt, Athletics/Throwing
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Delilah Notice 6 or 4 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Delilah Common Knowledge 1 Crit Fail
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Summer Notice 5 Fail to notice hologram
Notice [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Summer Common Knowledge 5
Smarts [dice]6[/dice]
Wild [dice]7[/dice]

Delilah paused when the doors opened and the computers and screens were revealed. She tensed, ready, as a man in a neat suit emerged. Her nanite enhanced vision immediatel picked up this was a hologram.

“Who is that?” Delilah asked.

“Mom, that’s Kenneth Marks, the CEO of KENMARK. He’s, like, a bazillionaire!” Summer said, catching up to them from her little looting expedition. “And he’s gorgeous!”

Delilah shot her daughter a look and then looked back at the hologram.

Then the screens lit up, revealing several captive former ARES agents. Delilah gasped, a hand going to her mouth. She recognized several of them, had a had in creating them. The facility looked like one of the many underground labs ARES had set up during the war, off site from the main ARES location. But she couldn’t see enough to make out just where.

“Oh, my God…” Delilah breathed as she watched Triage, a young man with a remarkable ability to heal, be strapped to a table. She saw the telltale blinking lights of a power inhibitor. Then one of the doctors injected acid into the man’s neck vein. Triage writhed in agony, his skin bubbling, as the doctors calmly recorded tha reaction. It looked like it hadn’t been the first time this particular experiment had been run. One half of the man’s body was marked with acid scarring. He should have been able to heal it with his powers, but they were denying him that ability, and so the scarring remained, marring half his face.

Delilah felt Summer grip her arm.

“Don’t look, honey,” Delilah said, turning her daughter away, burying Summer’s face in her chest.

“Mom, we have to help them!” Summer said.

Delilah glared at Marks. “We are not mercenaries,” she said. “We were soldiers. But I will help those people,” she said vehemently. “Why were you spying on us?”

Delilah eyed the pulse rifle Summer had scrounged from one of the Aegis agents. “Be careful with that,” she warned. “And stay behind cover.”

Conditions
*Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
*Super Strength: +2 die type Strength (d10)
Character Tracker
Delilah Carter Character Sheet
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13 (6, negates 4 ballistic AP)
Super Strength: +2 die types Strength= d10
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
Improved Nerves of Steel: Ignore 2 points of Wound modifiers
Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards
Blinding Reflexes: Can make an Agility roll to move out of AoE effects
Regeneration: Roll natural healing every round, halve time recovering from Fatigue, all injuries are temporary
Gifted: Ignore -2 penalty when making unskilled rolls
Eagle Eyes: Halve range penalties
Infra/Low-Light Vision: Ignore illumination penalties
Pulse Blaster Rifle: 22 shots
Adventure Cards:
Mr. Raith
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Mr. Raith »

notice 2 K-common 1 crit fail
Notice: [dice]0[/dice]
WILD dye: [dice]1[/dice]

K-common: [dice]2[/dice]
WILD dye: [dice]3[/dice]
Raith ignores the annoyingly cheerful man as he jabbers on to the rest of the group. He walks up to the bank of monitors and his eyes lock on one in particular.

On the screen is a metal bed occupied by what appears to be a starving teenage girl.

Sasha?

Her limbs are extended out to the side and secured with heavy kevlar straps and metal rods protruding through her flesh. Her eyes are wild with pain and hunger. As he watches the monitor, a machine emerges from off screen, clearly moving along some sort of ceiling track. It stops above Sasha's head. Sasha begins straining mightily against her restraints, trying to reach the machine with her mouth, her tongue whipping crazily back and forth across the cracked ivory fangs that betrayed her true nature. A short nozzle extends down toward Sasha's face and a thick, red liquid pours out which is then eagerly consumed by Sasha. When the flow stops - too soon as Sasha's gaunt figure confirmed - the machine moved back off screen, leaving the desperate creature to cry out in madness and frustration at the inadequate feeding.

For what had to be the millionth time in his unnaturally long existence Raith thanked whatever dark god was responsible for his existence that he wasn't a vampire.

Raith turns on his heel then blinks over to stand behind the annoying man. In a flat, dead voice he says, "Where is that facility?" Raith reaches out to grab the man by his neck so he can make his intentions more clear to the oblivious idiot but his hands pass through the image as if it were a ghost.

"Pah!" he exhorts in frustration. He wracks his mind, trying to think what these modern humans called one of these projections.

Ah, yes. A 'hollow-gram'. How clever. How annoying.
Last edited by Mr. Raith on Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
Mr. Raith
Mr. Raith
Dead Soul
Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Charisma: -2 (another -2 CHA in close contact re: undead); Pace: 6(d6 running), 12 teleport; Parry: 9 ; Toughness: 18(6) Armor also negates 4AP from ballistic attacks
(Spectral Strike melee attack: d8+3d6+4, 6AP, HW, Mult. Attacks :: Shattersoul melee attack (1/round): weapon(optional, +1d6+4 dmg if unarmed)+d8+2d6, Focus, +1Reach)
===>Ruthless, Arrogant, Mean, All Thumbs
===>Fighting d12 +3, Stealth d10 (+2 w/stealth suit), Notice d8 +2, Taunt d8
===>Immune to Fear, called shots, poison, disease and 1 wound level, +2 to recover from being Shaken, doesn’t breathe
===>Danger Sense: gets a Notice roll at –2 just before a sneak attack or event occurs
===>Alertness: +2 to Notice rolls
===>Deflection: -2 for enemies to hit w/ ranged
===>Two Fisted: Attack with each hand, no MAP
===>Awareness: Ignores any and all obscurement penalties like darkness, fog, invisibility, etc
===>Always considered armed
Mitchell Maxwell
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Mitchell Maxwell »

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
-2 =4 Success
Common Knowledge [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]
Mitchell listens to the voice and recognizes it as Kenneth Marks but his telekinetic sense does not pick up any additional individuals in the room so he assumes the billionaire must be speaking to them remotely.
Judging from his companions reactions and the sounds coming from the monitors, Mitchell knew the scenes had to be disturbing. He was glad he couldn’t see at that particular moment as he thought he heard a scream he recognized at one point. The audio wasn’t the greatest, so he couldn’t be sure, but was that Runamok? These agents were good if they caught him. Run’ was fast, real fast, and the faster he was the more heat he generated around him. But he got out didn’t he? This was bad, real bad…

Deliah’s answer brought Mitchell back to the present.
“Deliah is right. We are not mercenaries. That being said, we do need to eat and a place we could be sure was safe from these agents. If we do this, and I vote that we should, we need to make sure we can plan and rest without looking over our shoulder.”
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

Marduk comments, "MARDUK unit is designed to rescue and defense. Unit survival is a secondary function. However, resources are required for proper maintenance, so a certain flexibility is required."

Upon seeing the projection of former allies, Marduk states, "There is a very low probability of successful rescue at this time. Not only do we not know the locations being shown in these images, we also do not know if they are live or previously recorded."

Inside, John may be very angry, but covered by his exoskeleton, he strives to portray an emotionless robot.
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 1

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Do Gooders
As the room slowly comes to agreement to help, the Marks hologram nods vigorously. "This is great guys!" He then turns his attention to some of the questions, "I want you to know we weren't being creepy stalking you. We've been trying to keep AEGIS off your backs so you don't end up on a lab slab like those other guys. Kind of little brother to their big brother. That's why we installed the phones. in case we saw trouble coming and needed to warn you somehow. Having reconstruction contracts means we can send people with tool boxes all over and never look out of place."

"As for the video being faked," he says with a shrug, "You're right. It could be, I mean I own a bunch of vid streaming companies that could easily edit up something like that for me in 8K-3D. You should see the VR set-up at my house," he is obviously passionate about virtual reality and tech stuff. "But, this lab is for real not far from here. We know a bit of the layout cause one of our companies helped build the exterior - but the government took over finishing the inside. I'll tell you the location, you can check it out for yourselves. I'm cool."

"The lab is upstate a bit, away from the city. As you know, no one really travels overland much right now so they are way out of sight and out of mind. I can get you a ride in as close as you want."

The Facility
Signature
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hexx »

Gothm turns to his erstwhile associates. "If we are going to do this, we need to do it properly. As a unit, not a bunch of people with the same general destination in mind. And that means leadership." He looks around at his associates.

"I suggest Ms. Carter. She seems to have the clearest head, including knowing more about each of our capabilities, an important asset for a leader."
Rising Star
Skills: Athletics d6 (Throwing d12); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d8; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Powers:
Switch 1: Negation: RTA (Throwing), Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Switch 3: Attack, Ranged III, 12/24/48, 3d10 Damage, 1 Round Delay, Always Innocent Bystanders
Fearless
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

Marduk says, "A logical suggestion. In current mode this unit is best suited for scouting, but may be ineffective against things like pressure sensors. Alternate modular selections have differing strengths, returning after changing selection may be suggested if another mode would be more effective."

John is not sure, but it seems likely that any place they are keeping supers would have defenses designed to keep them out as well as in.
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
Mr. Raith
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Mr. Raith »

Gothm wrote:"I suggest Ms. Carter. She seems to have the clearest head, including knowing more about each of our capabilities, an important asset for a leader."
Raith snorts derisively at Gothm's words. "I guess we should just forget it was 'Ms. Carter' who gave away our location to that Aegis team after lecturing to us about avoiding unnecessary conflict. Yeah! Let's put her in charge!" he says with mock enthusiasm.
"Whatever. Just get me inside that facility."
Mr. Raith
Mr. Raith
Dead Soul
Charisma: -2 (another -2 CHA in close contact re: undead); Pace: 6(d6 running), 12 teleport; Parry: 9 ; Toughness: 18(6) Armor also negates 4AP from ballistic attacks
(Spectral Strike melee attack: d8+3d6+4, 6AP, HW, Mult. Attacks :: Shattersoul melee attack (1/round): weapon(optional, +1d6+4 dmg if unarmed)+d8+2d6, Focus, +1Reach)
===>Immune to Fear, called shots, poison, disease and 1 wound level, +2 to recover from being Shaken, doesn’t breathe
===>Danger Sense: gets a Notice roll at –2 just before a sneak attack or event occurs
===>Awareness: Ignores any and all obscurement penalties like darkness, fog, invisibility, etc
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Delilah Notice 3 Crit fail, Agents
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Delilah Common Knowledge 6
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Summer Notice 2 Fail
Notice [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Summer Common Knowledge 10 Raise
Smarts [dice]6[/dice]
Wild [dice]7[/dice]
Ace [dice]8[/dice]

Delilah looked over at Gothm. “Thank you for your confidence in me,” she said. “I have worked in labs like that. Many of us -- including me -- were created in places like that, and tested before being put into the field. But never to that extent. Never torture.” She shook her head.

Delilah looked over at Wraith. “You don’t have to like me. You don’t even have to listen to me, but Marius is right. We need leadership. So if you have a better suggestion, let’s hear it. We go off half-cocked, we’ll end up just like them.” She pointed at the screens.

Turning to Marduk, Delilah said, “Do you need to retrieve your extra components? If we get a big enough vehicle, we might be able to take it with us. How much space do you need?”

She looked back to the hologram of Marks. “What kind of vehicle can you get us? We might need to convoy, with this many, plus Marduk’s components. and Brute is pretty big. What are we going to need to get into this location?”

Conditions
Character Tracker
Regeneration: Roll natural healing every round, halve time recovering from Fatigue, all injuries are temporary
Adventure Cards:
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

Marduk replies, "Component storage requirements, approximately 1.3 meters by 1.3 meters by 0.8 meters. Heavy armor plastron is largest and least flexible single component. Should the heavy armor be equipped, storage requirements are reduced significantly."

The heavy armor is the hardest thing to fit, that i why he wore it and not the stealth unit during his escape...and it saved his life against the aliens...
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
Mitchell Maxwell
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Mitchell’s eyebrows raise behind his blacked out glasses. The talk of leadership was always amusing when it came to those with ‘powers’. While it was needed, it almost never was adhered to. Still, times had changed. The bad guys were no longer easy to spot or clear these days. If they were to survive, they needed to trust each other and at the very least be on the same page.

“Delilah brings up a good point that she has had experience with labs like this in the past. At the very least, we need to heed her input as we develop a plan. At that point, sticking to the plan is more important than who is in charge. And while a vehicle would be nice, I believe it is more important to communicate effectively. If Mr. Marks you would be so kind, it would benefit us a good deal to have small earpiece communicators that are secure so that we may coordinate our tactics.”
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Delilah Notice 9 Raise
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Ace [dice]8[/dice]
Delilah Common Knowledge 9 Raise
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Ace [dice]9[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Summer Notice 11 Raise
Notice [dice]4[/dice]
Ace [dice]10[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Summer Common Knowledge 5 Success
Smarts [dice]6[/dice]
Wild [dice]7[/dice]

Delilah nodded to Marduk as he revealed his requirements. Hopefully they could accommodate that and still find room for all of them.

“Can you get us that?” Delilah asked the Marks hologram. “And yes, the comms would be good. What other equipment can you provide?”

Conditions
Character Tracker
Adventure Cards:
Mr. Raith
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Mr. Raith »

Marduk wrote:"A logical suggestion."
Ms. Carter wrote:“You don’t have to like me. You don’t even have to listen to me, but Marius is right. We need leadership. So if you have a better suggestion, let’s hear it. We go off half-cocked, we’ll end up just like them.”
Blind Man wrote:“Delilah brings up a good point that she has had experience with labs like this in the past. At the very least, we need to heed her input as we develop a plan..."

Raith crosses his arms across his chest and assumes an air of lofty arrogance to hide the fact he has no logical counter to their valid points. He needed to get in the facility and get to Sasha and that would be easier with a team.

No choice.

"Very well. What's the plan? Leader?"
Ms. Carter wrote:“Can you get us that?...And yes, the comms would be good. What other equipment can you provide?”
Raith remains uncharacteristically silent as she gets to work.
Mr. Raith
Mr. Raith
Dead Soul
Randy

Post by Randy »

Looking at all the monitors and the people in them being tortured gives Randy a brief moment of pause. Probably the longest moment any in this group have heard him keep his mouth shut.

Upon talking about leadership he comes back from where he was. Shaking his head he snaps out of it.
"Don't worry Delilah I have no problems following you." He holds his hands up to sort of frame her posterior while standing behind her. "Yep I would follow that." He elbows Brute showing him his makeshift frame. "You'd follow that too. Right big guy?!"
The One and Only Randy Reslyon
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d10, Vigor d12
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 10; Toughness: 8 ;
Skills: Fighting d12+4, Shooting d12+4, Notice d6, Stealth d6, Lockpicking d6, Driving d4, Streetwise d6
Hindrances: Overconfident, Monologuer, Big Mouth, and Stubborn

Combat Edges of Note
Marksman: Aim maneuver (+2 Shooting) if hero does not move
Quick Draw: May draw weapon as a free action

Power Summary
Regeneration: Natural Healing roll of Vigor +4 Every Round
Immune to Poison and Disease.
Fearless (2): Immune to Fear tests.
Deadly: +1d6 to all melee attacks

Gear of Note
Greataxe: Str+d10+d6, 15 Weight, AP 1, Parry –1, 2 hands
Desert Eagle (.50), 15/30/60, 2d8, ROF 1, 8 Weight, 7 shots, AP 2, Semi-Auto
Bullets (.50), x100

Bennies: 3
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Delilah Notice 5 Success Agents
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Delilah Common Knowledge 7 Success
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Summer Notice 2 Fail
Notice [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Smarts [dice]6[/dice]
Wild [dice]7[/dice]

Delilah sighed and gave Randy a glare. Though, oddly, she blushed a bit when he brought Brute into the ribald conversation. Delilah tried to ignore her own feelings and focus on the task at hand.

“We’re going to need reconnaissance of the building, even a floor plan, if possible. See if we can locate the junction box and maybe even the generator. Gothm, Walker, can you teleport or burrow us inside? Otherwise we will have to rely on Brute to make us a door.”

Delilah looked over to her daughter, and Summer perked up.

“Summer, you’ll stay in the van.”

“Mom!” Summer complained. “I’ve got some actual firepower now! I can help! At least let me do overwatch.”

Delilah rubbed her eyes tiredly. “I’ll consider it.”

Conditions
Character Tracker
Adventure Cards:
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hexx »

Gothm shakes his head. "I might be able to take one of you along with me, though they'd need to hold their breath. And not anyone of considerable mass--I can only take what I can physically carry. I suspect I could manage you, Walker, Mind's Eye, Riath or, of course, Summer, without much difficulty. Randy might need to leave his arsenal behind, and Brute or Marduk would be out of the question."

He pauses, then goes on. "That said, a two-prong strike might not be a bad option. From the map, it would appear likely that our associates are being held below ground. If one group openly assaults the facility from outside as the other attempts a direct route through to the subterranean labs in a stealthier fashion, the distraction might buy us some time to free the prisoners. Of course, that would still leave us with the issue getting everyone out, again."
Rising Star
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Powers:
Fearless
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Delilah Notice 5 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Delilah Common Knowledge 5 Success
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Summer Notice 4 Success
Notice [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Smarts [dice]6[/dice]
Wild [dice]7[/dice]

Delilah nodded to Gothm. “It’s a start to a plan,” she said. “Once we have more reconnaissance, we can firm things up. Maybe we can even get into their cameras and security system,” she mused. “We would need a pretty good laptop for that, though.” She looked around at the equipment in the warehouse.
OOC Comments
Is there anyone actually here, or is it just the equipment? Could they find something to hack the facility with?
Conditions
Character Tracker
Adventure Cards:
Walker
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Walker »

Notice and Common Knowledge Rolls
Danger Sense Triggered on 6 or better
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Notice Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

Common Knowledge
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Smarts Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]
Watching as the plans are being made Walker acknowledges Delilah as the leader and offers his own services. "I agree you are the better choice for leadership and I can follow orders. It has been a while and last time did not work out so well. So do not be surprised if i have some escape plans of my own plotted out.
"If I think of anything useful and helpful I will chime in. Do you know the limits of all our power or have any questions about Agis? If so i can be of some help as I have studied Agis for some time."
Walker (Rob T)
Walker: Full Character
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Cha: +0; Pace: 5; Parry: 2; Toughness: 12 (6)
Skills: Healing d4, Knowledge (Arcane) d10, Knowledge (Science) d6, Knowledge (the Aegis Authority) d6, Notice d8, Persuasion d4, Repair d4, Spellcasting d12+4, and Streetwise d6.
Combat Edges: Danger Sense, Elan & Improved Level Headed
Powers of Note: Astral Constructs, Bracers of Deflection, Levitation, Teleport and Astral Form (affected by magic)

Currently Memorized: Phasing on Astral Form and Teleport.

Current Status
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Delilah Notice 13 2 Raises
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Ace [dice]8[/dice]
Delilah Common Knowledge 11 Raise
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Ace [dice]9[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Summer Notice 4 Success
Notice [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Summer Common Knowledge 3 Fail
Smarts [dice]6[/dice]
Wild [dice]7[/dice]

“I know about most of you at least tangentially,” Delilah answered Walker, “as I supervised most of your medical oversight, if not some of your creations during ARES,” she admitted. “But I haven’t had access to your files since Aegis turned on me. Anything you can tell me about Aegis would be welcome.”

She didn’t want to mention that her husband was running the program. That might cause...issues. She had only ever been in the military medical corps, more working with DARPA and civilian researchers than soldiers, so her leadership wasn’t going to be along those lines. She hoped to work more collaboratively with the others. She hoped it wouldn’t be like herding cats.

Conditions
Character Tracker
Adventure Cards:
Brute
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Brute »

Notice 9, Raise. Common Knowledge 2, Fail
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Notice Ace [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

Common Knowledge [dice]3[/dice]
Wild [dice]4[/dice]
-2 for Clueless hindrance
Brute's forehead furrowed as he tried to follow what was being said. Brute had not recognized anyone in the video but then again, Brute had a hard time remembering a lot of things from his past. Remembering was hard and sometimes it hurt for reasons he didn't understand.

Brute looked at Randy blankly as he made his smart alec remark about Delilah's rear. "Brute always follow where Dee goes if Dee want Brute to. Randy say weird stuff sometimes."

Smiling at Delilah Brute flexes his muscles as he balls his fists. "Dee want Brute to go save sick people from the bad men now? Brute can smash way in easy. Stupid soldier men can't stop Brute. Brute beat them all up and make them leave Brute and friends alone."
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hexx »

Gothm turns to Brute. "The problem, my friend, is that the soldier men are not nice people. If we just smash our way in, they might choose to shoot the prisoners rather than let them be rescued. So we must at least try to get to the prisoners first, then we can deal with the soldiers."
Rising Star
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Powers:
Fearless
Brute
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Brute »

Brute frowns, "Brute good at stopping the bad people from hurting friends. Brute is really strong and not scared of the bad men. Brute not so good at being sneaky. Brute can't help friends save the people in the pictures? Brute really like saving people. Make Brute feel good helping. Brute really like helping." Sighing, Brute sits down on the floor and hangs his head.
Walker
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Walker »

Thinking of escape plans Gothm's idea about vehicles and other issues that may come up Walker adds. "Once we have some distance from the facility we will need a diversion. Some sort of transport that can be rigged up with holo-simulators to appear to be full of us and our rescued prisoners. That can take off at a high speed in another direction. Even better if it can be afforded perhaps a dozen such vehicles. Then that will allow us to take off at a more moderate pace in a less conspicuous way and evade pursuit."
OOC Comments
Yes I know that technically Gothm's proposal was in hangout, but our characters would be in the room chatting details unlike all of us scattered across the world.
Walker (Rob T)
Skills: Healing d4, Knowledge (Arcane) d10, Knowledge (Science) d6, Knowledge (the Aegis Authority) d6, Notice d8, Persuasion d4, Repair d4, Spellcasting d12+4, and Streetwise d6.
Powers of Note: Astral Constructs, Bracers of Deflection, Levitation, Teleport and Astral Form (affected by magic)

Current Status

Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hexx »

Gothm nods to Brute with a smile. "Oh, do not worry, my friend--once we have reached them, there will be alarms and soldiers coming for us, and then your help will not only be welcome, but highly needed. It is just a matter of timing."

Looking to the hologram, he grows more somber. "I don't suppose we could be lucky enough to have even an approximation of the number of prisoners?"
Rising Star
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Powers:
Fearless
Mr. Raith
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Mr. Raith »

Gothm wrote:"I might be able to take one of you along with me, though they'd need to hold their breath. And not anyone of considerable mass--I can only take what I can physically carry. I suspect I could manage you, Walker, Mind's Eye, Riath or, of course, Summer, without much difficulty. Randy might need to leave his arsenal behind, and Brute or Marduk would be out of the question."
Without turning away from the monitors he had resumed watching or removing the earbuds from his 'symphonic box' he had resumed listening to, Raith lazily raises a hand, "I don't breathe."
Mr. Raith
Mr. Raith
Dead Soul
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Delilah Notice 5 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Delilah Common Knowledge 7 Success
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Summer Notice 3 Fail
Notice [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Summer Common Knowledge 1 Crit Fail
Smarts [dice]6[/dice]
Wild [dice]7[/dice]

Delilah smiled at Brute and put a hand on his massive bicep. Her look and smile was a bit sad. “That may be what we do, Brute, but we’re going to consider a couple other ideas, too. I’ll let you know when you can smash soldiers,” she promised.

Summer eyed her mom and Brute. Her mom was always weird around him.

“So, hey, Mom made me watch this really old movie,” Summer spoke up. “So the good guys got hold of some bad guy armor, and they had this big, strong furry guy in, like, shackles and pretended to bring him in. Think that would work? Brute could be the big guy. Mom, you know protocol and stuff. You and someone else could bring him in. I don’t know about the rest, though,” the teen admitted.

Conditions
Character Tracker
Adventure Cards:
Randy

Post by Randy »

"I like the kid's ideas. Sounds like a good plan. I am more than willing to go in. i don't need any flashy gear or such to do what I do. If all else fails we can be a distraction for the rest of the group to do their tunneling or teleporting non sense."
Skills: Fighting d12+4, Shooting d12+4, Notice d6, Stealth d6, Lockpicking d6, Driving d4, Streetwise d6

Combat Edges of Note

Power Summary

Gear of Note
Bullets (.50), x100

Mitchell Maxwell
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Re: Adventure 2: Heroes f+2[/dice]or Hire

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild DIe [dice]1[/dice]

"Perhaps it is a combination of what is being discussed. My mental strength is as formidable as Brute's physical strength. If some of you can get inside, perhaps the diversion to get out is the two of use wreaking as much havoc as possible outside on the compound. If things go south, I can carry Brute out and fly us to safety. We will need a time table in case of loss of communication and some contingencies to meet up after the fact. Delilah, I would assume that the prisoners would aid you once they are free, do you know how long after they are free until they get their powers back? If we can, we should consider what abilities they bring to the table once they are free."
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Delilah Notice 9 Raise
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Ace [dice]8[/dice]
Delilah Common Knowledge 3 Fail
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Summer Notice 7 Success
Notice [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Ace [dice]9[/dice]
Summer Common Knowledge 3 Fail
Smarts [dice]6[/dice]
Wild [dice]7[/dice]

“A lot of that would depend on they are using to contain them,” Delilah told Mitchell. “And when and what dosage, if they used drugs. We shouldn’t make a plan assuming they will be able to help. If they can, that’s good. But we should prepare for the worst.

“But I agree, we could be a distraction. We have uniforms and armor out there we can use.” She gestured to outside, where the Aegis agents still lay in the rain. “Perhaps that might be our best way in, and use the other plan to get them out, rather than splitting up.”

Conditions
Character Tracker
Adventure Cards:
Walker
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Walker »

A place to sit
comfort.jpg
Conjuring some comfortable furniture for them to rest in while they discuss the details and some tea for them to drink Walker says. "I like the idea of mixing our plans.
"Wraith, I would like to experiment a bit and see if my magic can combine your ability to teleport with my own in order to create a more expedient way out of there without leaving a string of bodies. Would you be willing to work with me on those experiment?
"If they work then combined with Summers plan for getting in and Brute's plan for distractions we may be able to save many more of the prisoners."
Walker (Rob T)

Current Status

Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

I Love When a Plan Comes Together

The holographic Kenneth Marks watches with delight as the heroes take the bait, err assignment. As they works out the details of their entry and regress he seems to be a bit bored as if looking at his phone or something, "Right sorry. I am totally trending right now." He puts the phone away and smiles at the group, "I like the way you guys are thinking. I can get you upstate no problem and help gear you up for the mission. We're a military contractor afterall, with our own private security firm. But first - let's get you out of here, my lawyers can only keep AEGIS at bay for so long." He smiles with glee, like a kid at Christmas, "You're going to love this!"

He motions to an elevator that goes below ground to a huge open area filled with water. Sitting in a pool is a huge high tech submarine. Marks positively beams, "They'll never know you left with this thing. It's virtually undetectable underwater. It's also loaded, all kinds of gear, food, spacious living quarters...might be a little tight for ol' Brute but it'll get you out of the city to one of our other marine facilities. From there you can gear up and get moving, I'll get my hackers to meet you there."
Plan and Gear
To speed things up let's make the gear and planning phase a couple of Dramatic Tasks.

Streetwise to gain stuff for infiltration.

Other Knowledge Skills as needed for speciality equipment.

Fighting or Shooting to acquire weapons.

Investigation for recon, planning, etc.

Other tasks?

Split into teams to tackle the tasks and we'll RP each round. You can narrate successes and complications.
Signature
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

OOC Comments
All: Dramatic Tasks are normal -2, successes beyond 5 will give you bonuses during the operation
Walker: Yes, same Dramatic Task at -2. Each additional success beyond 5 will give you a bonus to the "exit scene".
Signature
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Delilah Notice 5 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Delilah Common Knowledge 5 Success
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Summer Notice 3 Fail
Notice [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Smarts [dice]6[/dice]
Wild [dice]7[/dice]

Delilah stared down at the submarine and shook her head. “Boys and their toys,” she muttered. Before they left, she had Randy help her strip the armor and gear off of the downed Aegis agents to take with them.

Set up at the new facility, with the hackers and computer assets, Delilah took oversight of bringing the plan together, coordinating the information and equipment the others brought her, trying to tie the disparate parts of the plan together into something that showed a semblance, at least, of working.
Delilah Investigation 11 Raise
-2 scene modifier
Investigation [dice]8[/dice]
Wild [dice]9[/dice]
Benny to reroll
Investigation [dice]12[/dice]
Wild [dice]13[/dice]
Another benny to reroll
Investigation [dice]14[/dice]
Wild [dice]15[/dice]
Ace [dice]16[/dice]
Ace [dice]17[/dice]
For her part, Summer used the fact that she wasn’t exactly a wanted fugitive to make a few passes around the facility on a “borrowed” bicycle and talk to other teens in the area. She also tracked down a few people she knew that might have equipment they could use.
Summer Streetwise 2 Fail
-2 scene modifier
Streetwise [dice]10[/dice]
Wild [dice]11[/dice]
Conditions
Character Tracker
Adventure Cards:
Mr. Raith
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Mr. Raith »

Old Man wrote:"Wraith, I would like to experiment a bit and see if my magic can combine your ability to teleport with my own in order to create a more expedient way out of there without leaving a string of bodies. Would you be willing to work with me on those experiment?
"If they work then combined with Summers plan for getting in and Brute's plan for distractions we may be able to save many more of the prisoners."
Raith narrows his eyes and drills them into those of Walker as he considers his request. In a cool, quiet voice he says, "Very well, Old Man. Just get me to Sasha. But no tricks. If I even think you're trying to ensorcel me I will tear your spine out. Agreed?"

After Walker is through with him, Raith ransacks the warehouse and submarine for any defensive combat gear he can find. The way everyone else is reacting to the annoying man in the hollow-gram tells Raith he must be one of those modern merchants responsible for creating many of the wonderful gadgets and weapons of this era. Raith is arrogant, but he isn't stupid. This time period is full of potent threats, even to such as him. Gone were the days when he could lay waste to any number of bumbling, unskilled mortals with relative ease. Now even a young girl such as Summer could theoretically hurt him with the right weapon and a little luck.
Fighting 17 three raises
Fighting: [dice]0[/dice]
-ACE: [dice]1[/dice]
Last edited by Mr. Raith on Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Raith
Mr. Raith
Dead Soul
Walker
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Walker »

Walker uses his magic to heal the team before they move on to their other tasks. "Please make sure you let me know if I miss anything."

The process of working with Raith was a little frustrating as the first few tries simply had the two powers working on their own and not in tandem. Walker could teleport himself to Paris and back, while Raith went the opposite direction. The whole thing was tiring for Walker.
Eventually though Walker realized the problem was they were not actually working in a way that used the two powers. If he focused his strength on weakening the walls between worlds and let Raith do the actual teleporting the results were a success. He just had to be willing to not me in control, something much easier in his old age than it would have been when he was younger.

Excited by the progress and the ability to maintain synergism in their powers Walker thanks him for the hard work. "Thank you young man. I believe we will be able to do this and save many lives."
OOC Comments
-2 for Dramatic Penalty included
Spellcasting [dice]0[/dice]
Spellcasting Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Walker (Rob T)

Current Status

Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

John separates from the others. He drops his armor in storage and goes to his gang for assistance. He explains to his contacts what he needs and tries to show how it would be in their own best interest to give it. Of course, if the favor he needs is larger he may need to do a similarly large favor in return, it is the way of such things.

Once he has whatever he can get, he decides what to use and what to place in the carrier for this mission.
OOC Comments
Knowledge (Engineering)[dice]0[/dice] Wild Engineering [dice]1[/dice] Engineering 4
Streetwise[dice]2[/dice] Wild Streetwise [dice]3[/dice] Streetwise 5
Persuasion [dice]4[/dice] Wild Persuasion [dice]5[/dice] WP Ace[dice]6[/dice]WP Ace2[dice]7[/dice] Persuasion 15
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
Mr. Raith
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Mr. Raith »

Old Man wrote:"Thank you young man. I believe we will be able to do this and save many lives."
Young man? What is he going on about?

A dark grin blooms across his face as Raith finally realizes the source of Walker's error. "Young? Me? Fool! I was around for the Rise and Fall of Rome, Old Man..." Raith looks off into the dark vastness of the warehouse as he returns the earbuds to his ears. Walker is not even sure if Raith is still addressing him as keeps talking.

"And I was 'round when Jesus Christ...Had his moment of doubt and pain...Made damn sure that Pilate...Washed his hands and sealed his fate..." He turns and slowly walks off into the darkness to begin searching for gear while the rest of the group finishes their plan. His whisper carries back to Walker as he leaves, "...I stuck around St. Petersberg...When I saw it was a time for a change...I killed the Czar and his ministers...Anastasia screamed in vain.."
And then, in a blink, he is no longer there.
Mr. Raith
Mr. Raith
Dead Soul
Mitchell Maxwell
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice] + [dice]8[/dice]
9 total
Mitchell makes breaks out his walking stick and walks around the submarine bay one hand outstretched out in front of him. It was totally unnecessary, but old habits die hard.

Tap, tap, tap…

An idea was forming in his head as he reached out telekinetically and felt the sonar dampening shell of the submarine. Could he send something through the water and telekinetically amplify it’s sonar signature to act as a diversion? He’d never used his powers in such a manner, but the thought was and interesting idea.
OOC Comments
Streetwise [dice]2[/dice] Success
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]
"You know, perhaps if we limit our travel to under the water I could send an object that would have enough of a sensor signature to draw attention away from the sub."

He says this to no one in particular as he continues to explore exactly how he might do that in his head.

As he made his way to the weapons, he passed over the firearms as he could throw things just as well as a speeding bullet, but anything suited for close combat he could use at range. Normally, he would just use what was at hand but maybe there was something here that would be more effective than that or the two chainswords he had strapped to his back. Perhaps there were also things that could be thrown or whirled around to augment his damage field as well. The image of multiple knives strapped to his torso caused him to smile a little.
OOC Comments
Fighting [dice]4[/dice] Success
Wild Die [dice]5[/dice]

Throwing [dice]6[/dice]Fail
Wild Die [dice]7[/dice]
"Well there is an impressive array of weapons here, but nothing that can be thrown any more effectively than a rock. That being said, some of these melee weapons might be of use."

I’ll end up looking like Randy when we head out….
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hexx »

OOC Comments
Fighting [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Fighting [dice]1[/dice]

Gothm has little idea how he can help, but decides to see if he can grab some weapons. Having a knife or baton in hand at least means that if they get close to him, he has some means of self-defense. Sadly, it appears the others have already stripped the most useful items.
Rising Star
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Powers:
Fearless
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

Marduk decides to kit himself out for heavy combat. Putting on his Layered Armor, his Flight Unit, and his Plasma Whip, along with his combat control unit. This is many of his largest units, which will let him reduce his storage needs considerably. It lacks somewhat in range, using the Plasma Whip rather than the Blaster, but can tear a tank apart.

With things set up, he places the rest in storage and brings his kit and the gear he gathered to the agreed meeting place.
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
Randy

Post by Randy »

Looking through the gear Randy beams. "I sure like having lots of options." He starts pointing out to each person which he thinks would be best for them to use.
After looking through the gear and selecting some choice pieces for himself, he heads out to find what he can and following Summer at a distance to make sure she stays safe.

OOC Comments
Shooting: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild: [dice]1[/dice]

Fighting: [dice]2[/dice]
Wild: [dice]3[/dice] Ace(rolling total): [dice]7[/dice] 2nd Ace(rolling total): [dice]8[/dice]

Streetwise: [dice]4[/dice]
Wild: [dice]5[/dice] Ace(rolling total): [dice]6[/dice]

Combat Edges of Note

Power Summary

Gear of Note
Bullets (.50), x100

Brute
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Brute »

Brute scratches his head has the other seem to wander all over the warehouse looking for equipment. Brightening he joins in and soon has stacked and opened every massive crate in the warehouse and stacked them next to the sub. "Brute find lots of stuff to help save the people from the bad soldier men! There must be lots of good stuff here, right?"

"Brute not know how Brute will fit into boat though. Should Brute just ride on top of boat? Brute can hang on real good!"
Strength 8, Raise
Strength [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
-2 for Scene Penalty
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Delilah smiled a shook her head. She put her hand on Brute’s chest. “You won’t be able to breathe outside the sub. We will make you fit, Brute,” she said. “Even if we have to oil you up and squeeze you in.”

That thought brought back memories, Delilah and James together on a forbidden weekend, her hands running over him, massaging scented oil over his chest, candlelight, soft music. James had always been fit, took care of himself. She could still see him in Brute’s strong jawline and in his eyes. She found herself running her hand over Brute’s hugely muscled chest, caressing him again, as in the memory, and glanced over to where Summer was chatting with Randy. She should tell him, about what that weekend had meant, about Summer. He deserved to know, didn’t he? But would Brute understand?

Catching herself, Delilah flushed and quickly pulled her hand away from Brute’s chest, avoiding looking at the large man.
Character Tracker
Adventure Cards:

Return to “Archive”