Adventure 1: The Call

Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Adventure 1: The Call

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Et Tu Brute?

Gathered in Brute’s apartment building, getting ready to enjoy a meager meal and odd sound pierces the get together: a phone ringing.

The power has long been cut off from the build and there is no phone service, yet, somewhere on the floor of this apartment the phone rings...and rings...and rings.

Anyone who bothers can find the phone easily enough, it’s the only sound on the entire floor. Entering one of the old apartments a very simple phone sits on the kitchen wall. Ringing...and ringing...and ringing.

In the Sewers
Below the apartment complex in the old sewer tunnels Walker and Raith nearly jump out of their skin as a sound pierces their fortress of solitude. A phone is ringing! The sound echoing through the empty tunnels with ridiculous clarity. It seems so loud, as if it might wake the entire world. Following the sound to it’s source is easy enough. The sound emanates from an underground phone box with a blue light flashing above it, probably for use by work crews in case of emergencies.

Notes
Investigating either phone will reveal it has been hooked up, rather recently, but not to the main lines. This is a unique, hard connection to this place. As if someone knew you were going to be exactly where you are..or at least someone like you.

Marduk, from outside the building your suit tells you a communications device is operating inside.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Adventure 1: The Call

Post by Probe »

Despite the pouring rain, which fortunately can not penetrate his armor, MARDUK hears the ringing of the phone. It is insistent and out of place. He quickly triangulates on the phone, frowning behind his mask.

Normally, in this area, those who can get Cellular Service, because there are no phones working. Something like this, it seems highly likely to be a trap. Notably a trap for someone with a mind like a child...in other words for Brute. A child would be innocently curious and come check out the call.

The question is: What KIND of trap is it, and how best to pull it's teeth?
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 1

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes
Walker
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Walker »

Looking at Raith Walker excuses himself his soft voice difficult to hear in most environments, carried okay in the quite if this underground dwelling. “Well apparently you're not much of a talker and apparently not a tea person, you must not be a phone person either. I will just grab that.”
Walking over to locate the source Walker starts talking to himself. “Strange, I don't think this was here when I moved in. It might be time to move again.” lifting the phone he speaks into. “Hello, this is... Tony. How can I help you.”
Walker (Rob T)
Walker: Full Character
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Cha: +0; Pace: 5; Parry: 2; Toughness: 12 (6)
Skills: Healing d4, Knowledge (Arcane) d10, Knowledge (Science) d6, Knowledge (the Aegis Authority) d6, Notice d8, Persuasion d4, Repair d4, Spellcasting d12+4, and Streetwise d6.
Combat Edges: Danger Sense, Elan & Improved Level Headed
Powers of Note: Astral Constructs, Bracers of Deflection, Levitation, Teleport and Astral Form (affected by magic)

Currently Memorized: Phasing on Astral Form and Teleport.

Current Status
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Notice
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Late Evening
Reclamation Zone/Approaching Brute’s apartment

Delilah cut up the pecan pie on the makeshift counter and dished it out onto plates. She put a slice at each table setting as Marius dished up his food. She and Summer had dried out a bit, though still looked a bit bedraggled.

“Now Ja-- Brute,” Delilah said. “You have to eat all your meal -- including the vegetables -- before you can have pie,” Delilah said. She placed a hand on the giant man’s shoulder, lingering a bit longer than necessary for a friend.

Summer leaned over and whispered to Brute, “At least it isn’t brussel sprouts.”

Licking sticky pie filling from her fingers, Delilah was just settling at the table when the phone rang. Delilah froze.

“Brute...when did you get a phone?” she asked. She was afraid she already knew the answer. Brute would be barely able to operate a phone, not with his massive fingers. No, it didn’t sound like the phone was in the room, but elsewhere on the floor.

“I’m going to check that out,” Delilah said, getting up again.

Summer glanced over at Brute with a worried look on her face.

Delilah found the source of the ringing three doors down. She managed to kick the door in and find the phone on the kitchen wall. She picked it up and put it to her ear.

“Hello?” Delilah answered tentatively.
Character Tracker
Delilah Carter Character Sheet
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13 (6, negates 4 ballistic AP)
Super Strength: +2 die types Strength= d10
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
Improved Nerves of Steel: Ignore 2 points of Wound modifiers
Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards
Blinding Reflexes: Can make an Agility roll to move out of AoE effects
Regeneration: Roll natural healing every round, halve time recovering from Fatigue, all injuries are temporary
Gifted: Ignore -2 penalty when making unskilled rolls
Eagle Eyes: Halve range penalties
Infra/Low-Light Vision: Ignore illumination penalties
Pulse Blaster Rifle: 22 shots
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards:
Mr. Raith
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Mr. Raith »

Notice 5
Notice: [dice]0[/dice]
WILD dye: [dice]1[/dice]
Old Man wrote:"...you must not be a phone person either. I will just grab that.”
Raith spears another piece of meat from a different plate as he paces around the domicile. His eyes examine it but his icy voice carries to Walker in a mocking tone, "Well, it is your phone after all." A high pitched tittering escapes his lips before he tosses the next chunk of meat in his mouth but after a short wait he betrays his curiosity by demanding, "Well? Who is it?"
Mr. Raith
Mr. Raith
Dead Soul
Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Charisma: -2 (another -2 CHA in close contact re: undead); Pace: 6(d6 running), 12 teleport; Parry: 9 ; Toughness: 18(6) Armor also negates 4AP from ballistic attacks
(Spectral Strike melee attack: d8+3d6+4, 6AP, HW, Mult. Attacks :: Shattersoul melee attack (1/round): weapon(optional, +1d6+4 dmg if unarmed)+d8+2d6, Focus, +1Reach)
===>Ruthless, Arrogant, Mean, All Thumbs
===>Fighting d12 +3, Stealth d10 (+2 w/stealth suit), Notice d8 +2, Taunt d8
===>Immune to Fear, called shots, poison, disease and 1 wound level, +2 to recover from being Shaken, doesn’t breathe
===>Danger Sense: gets a Notice roll at –2 just before a sneak attack or event occurs
===>Alertness: +2 to Notice rolls
===>Deflection: -2 for enemies to hit w/ ranged
===>Two Fisted: Attack with each hand, no MAP
===>Awareness: Ignores any and all obscurement penalties like darkness, fog, invisibility, etc
===>Always considered armed
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Answering The Call (Tony and Delilah)
The voice on the other end is female, but more like a computer generated voice than a real person.

"Agents on the way. Proceed to South Brooklyn Marine Terminal."

After that the line goes dead.

The South Brooklyn Marine Terminal was a shipping, warehousing, and manufacturing complex. Today it is a ruin of old warehouses and terminals. It is located the Upper New York Bay in the Sunset Park neighborhood of Brooklyn. A few kilometres from Brute's place.
Signature
Walker
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Walker »

Venatus Vinco wrote:"Agents on the way. Proceed to South Brooklyn Marine Terminal."
Raith wrote: "Well? Who is it?"
Looking at Raith interrupting the voice on the phone Tony smiles and holds up his finger signaling one minutes. In his mild voice easy to overlook he says "Ah yes, thank you." Then hanging up the phone Tony says to no-one in particular. "It seems someone has decided to warn us that agents are coming. Now don't go teleporting out right away, the quickest way is not always the fastest way. Come over here so I can reach you with my cane."
As Raith pops instantly next to Tony, the old man was obviously startled a little bit, but covered it well refusing to acknowledge it. "Lets see, I believe we can do it best this way." As he prepares the whole room begins melting into ectoplasm leaving only a dirty filth ridden sewer access tunnel where once was a clean and comfortable loft. Then spinning the cane in a circle it created a whole into and through the astral plane. "Yes lets go now, have you ever walked the astral plane? No I imagine not. Well this is something you might find enjoyable, it is the place where all thought reside waiting to be manifested. Through it you can prepare for many things." As they step into the gateway conjured the old man continues to mumble every random thought that comes to his mind before the closing of the gate silences him.
Walker (Rob T)
Skills: Healing d4, Knowledge (Arcane) d10, Knowledge (Science) d6, Knowledge (the Aegis Authority) d6, Notice d8, Persuasion d4, Repair d4, Spellcasting d12+4, and Streetwise d6.
Powers of Note: Astral Constructs, Bracers of Deflection, Levitation, Teleport and Astral Form (affected by magic)

Current Status

Mitchell Maxwell
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Mitchell Maxwell »

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice] +[dice]2[/dice] =9
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
As Mitchell approached Brute's apartment, he debated on going in or lifting the grate over the storm drain and seeing if Walker happened to be in the sewers below the street. As he heard and felt the sound waves of the ringing phone, he decided upon the latter.

No need to draw anymore attention to the main entrance

tap, tap, tap

Mitchell turned down an alley and once out of sight, lifted a manhole cover, floated down in the darkness, and quietly replaced said cover all without lifting a finger or stopping the tapping of his cane. It felt as if it were just in time too, something was happening. Walker utilizing some of his magic, no doubt.

Mitchell sped up and zipped through the air towards the arcane gate. Hoping he was not too late for a ride to wherever the phone call was apparently sending them.

"Excuse me, fellas, mind holding the door for me?"
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

As he is scouting the area for possible traps connected with the Phone, he observes Delilah approaching the device. He considers trying to stop her, but his debate with himself takes too long and she picks up the phone before he makes his decision.

There is no explosion, that probably rules out a bomb unless it is on a delay. Scratch that one off the list...only about a dozen other possible traps to consider.
OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice] Wild Notice [dice]1[/dice]
Stealth [dice]2[/dice] Wild Stealth [dice]3[/dice]
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hexx »

Marius simply waits patiently for Delilah to tell them what she hears.
Katarina "Kat" Wilhelm, aka Hexx
Rising Star
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6 (d8/d12+1), Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
Skills: Athletics d6 (Throwing d12); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d8; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Humiliate: Free Reroll on Taunt Tests
Strong-Willed: +2 on Smarts/Spirit Opposed Resistance Rolls
Powers:
Jinx: Foes Mishap on 1 or 2
Switch 1: Negation: RTA (Throwing), Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Switch 2: Malfunction: 12", Spirit (0/-2/-4/-6) + Super-Attribute Spirit III
Switch 3: Attack, Ranged III, 12/24/48, 3d10 Damage, 1 Round Delay, Always Innocent Bystanders
Gifted: Never Unskilled
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be hit, Agility to evade AoE
Danger Sense: Notice to start combat on Hold when ambushed
Fearless
Super-Attribute: Spirit
Super-Skills: Taunt, Athletics/Throwing
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Notice 5 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 5 Success
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Late Evening
Reclamation Zone/Approaching Brute’s apartment

Delilah listened to the strange message from the computerized female voice. Her mind started whirring, the adrenaline pumping, and her nanites waking up. She slammed the phone down on the receiver and headed back down the hall. She was almost at a run, but not quite.

“We need to go. Now! Delilah told the others as she burst into the room. “Summer, stay close to Brute.” Delilah was already grabbing their bags, tossing Summer her backpack. “But find cover if any fighting starts.”

“Mom?” Summer asked. But she knew better than to argue with her mother when she was like this.

“Agents on the way,” Delilah explained to the others. “I don’t have time to explain or debate if it’s a trap or not. We can decide that once we’re out of here.” That didn’t mean she was just going to go to the South Brooklyn Marine Terminal without scouting the place first.

Delilah pulled her Glock out of her bag and shoved it into the back of her pants. It wasn’t likely to get used if there were agents. She had harder hitting things than that. But it was better to have it handy than in the bag.

Summer dug into her bag, too, and pulled out her stun gun, sliding it into the back of her jeans and under her shirt.

Delilah looked over the others. “The warning said to go to the South Brooklyn Marine Terminal. We will head that way, but we need to scout the location, make sure it isn’t a trap. Gothm,” she slipped into code names naturally, “you or I are the fastest to be able to scout ahead. Brute, take care of Summer for me, please.” There was a tense fear in Delilah’s tone. She didn’t like letting Summer out of her sight.
Character Tracker
Regeneration: Roll natural healing every round, halve time recovering from Fatigue, all injuries are temporary
Adventure Cards:
Mr. Raith
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Mr. Raith »

Old Man wrote:"It seems someone has decided to warn us that agents are coming. Now don't go teleporting out right away, the quickest way is not always the fastest way. Come over here so I can reach you with my cane...."
The almost total lack of fear the Old Man has for Raith is starting to grate on the revenant's nerves. However, it is clear the soft spoken mage is a wellspring of knowledge and experience regarding this time period, two areas in which Raith himself is woefully deficient since he was strictly confined to ARES bases when not on missions during the war.

Raith teleports to stand closer to the man than is appropriate and gives him a curious look.

"What is your name, Old Man? On second thought, never mind. I shall call you Old Man, and you will call me Raith."
Raith takes a small step back to give the Old Man some room to complete his sorcery. "So! We have a mysterious benefactor at precisely the same time ARES is turned on us? Sounds like a trap to me, Old Man. However, since I'm bored anyway, I will go with you."
Old Man wrote:"Lets see, I believe we can do it best this way....Yes lets go now, have you ever walked the astral plane? No I imagine not. Well this is something you might find enjoyable, it is the place where all thought reside waiting to be manifested. Through it you can prepare for many things."
Raith glares at him. "I am ALWAYS prepared, Old Man."
Mr. Raith
Mr. Raith
Dead Soul
Charisma: -2 (another -2 CHA in close contact re: undead); Pace: 6(d6 running), 12 teleport; Parry: 9 ; Toughness: 18(6) Armor also negates 4AP from ballistic attacks
(Spectral Strike melee attack: d8+3d6+4, 6AP, HW, Mult. Attacks :: Shattersoul melee attack (1/round): weapon(optional, +1d6+4 dmg if unarmed)+d8+2d6, Focus, +1Reach)
===>Immune to Fear, called shots, poison, disease and 1 wound level, +2 to recover from being Shaken, doesn’t breathe
===>Danger Sense: gets a Notice roll at –2 just before a sneak attack or event occurs
===>Awareness: Ignores any and all obscurement penalties like darkness, fog, invisibility, etc
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

Marduk follows Delilah back and deactivates his stealth system, "I read four incoming air vehicles traveling at low level and low to moderate flight speed, probability is they are Helicopters or Hovercraft."

He points the directions they are coming in from so the others will know where they are, ignoring any startled reactions to his appearance (unless someone attacks him).

He says to the others, "I would suggest a route that gives cover from aerial surveillance, though I might be able to deal with the fliers." A bit of webbing in the blades or hover system would do wonders for bringing down air craft.
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
Walker
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Walker »

Raith wrote:"What is your name, Old Man? On second thought, never mind. I shall call you Old Man, and you will call me Raith." Raith takes a small step back to give the Old Man some room to complete his sorcery. "So! We have a mysterious benefactor at precisely the same time ARES is turned on us? Sounds like a trap to me, Old Man. However, since I'm bored anyway, I will go with you."
Tony smiles at Raith a little glimmer in his eyes. "Old man, that works. My wife and then my grandchildren used to call me that. It bring nostalgia to my heart. But he are much older than my grandchildren. Still it is a nice memory." It is only after he refers to Raith in the third person it becomes obvious again that he is half talking to himself.
Raith wrote:"What is your name, Old Man? On second thought, never mind. I shall call you Old Man, and you will call me Raith." Raith takes a small step back to give the Old Man some room to complete his sorcery. "So! We have a mysterious benefactor at precisely the same time ARES is turned on us? Sounds like a trap to me, Old Man. However, since I'm bored anyway, I will go with you."
"Indeed Mr. Raith, I think you are on to something, and the fastest way to find out will be to go there."
Raith
Totally awesome you actually changed his quote tags.
Walker (Rob T)

Current Status

Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hexx »

Notice 5
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Notice [dice]1[/dice]

Gothm nods to Delilah. "Of course. May I suggest, though, that we take the tunnels out of here? Brute's 'back door', as it were. Very useful in these situations, yes?" He looks over to Brute. "If you would be so kind as to get the door for us?" As he speaks, his skin grows softer again, and a gentle wind picks up around his hair, as he's lifted aloft by air currents.
Rising Star
Skills: Athletics d6 (Throwing d12); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d8; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Powers:
Switch 1: Negation: RTA (Throwing), Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Switch 3: Attack, Ranged III, 12/24/48, 3d10 Damage, 1 Round Delay, Always Innocent Bystanders
Fearless
Mitchell Maxwell
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]+[dice]2[/dice]=11

Mitchell is glad the two decided to have a conversation before stepping through the portal.

Tap, tap, ...tap, tap

“It appears I am not too late to join you on your journey. You can call me Mind’s Eye or Blind Man if we are sticking to the naming convention Raith has set forth. If it is not too much trouble, I’d like to accompany you to the docks. It appears, folk like us are not going to be welcome here very much longer and I’d hate to have to fly all the way there. While I am perfectly capable in doing so, despite my condition, sometimes it's best not to make a spectacle of oneself.”

He then floats over and lands gently next to the two, smiling warmly.
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Notice 7 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 7 Success
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Ace [dice]4[/dice]

Late Evening
Reclamation Zone/Brute’s apartment

Delilah spun around as a voice spoke, an armored form suddenly appearing in the room. She yanked out her Glock and nearly put a bullet into the face plate.

“Don’t do that!” she snapped at Marduk. “I almost shot you!” Not that a nine millimeter would have done all that damage to the armor or the man inside.

Delilah shoved the gun back into her pants. “Helicopters. Just great. That leaves the sewer option, or carefully moving between buildings.”

She nodded to Gothm when he suggested the tunnels. “Good enough, if you know the way,” she said. She herself only knew a few tunnels into and out of the zone that weren’t guarded. Inside the zone was usually safe, unless there was a specific patrol.

“Let’s go, then. We don’t have time to waste. The voice said go to the South Brooklyn Marine Terminal, but I don’t want to go near it until we have some eyes on it and make sure this isn’t a trap.”

Delilah put a hand on Summer’s back to lead her to the tunnel.
Character Tracker
Adventure Cards:
Mr. Raith
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Mr. Raith »

Notice 7
Old Man wrote:"Indeed Mr. Raith, I think you are on to something, and the fastest way to find out will be to go there."
Raith opens his mouth to bark out a rebuke for the Old Man calling him 'Mister' but he stops himself before speaking. 'Mister'? Hmm...Mr. Raith. Why not? Why should I not have a proper title, like a real person? Yes, I quite like this 'Mister' Raith moniker.
Blind Man wrote: “It appears I am not too late to join you on your journey. You can call me Mind’s Eye or Blind Man if we are sticking to the naming convention Raith has set forth. If it is not too much trouble, I’d like to accompany you to the docks. It appears, folk like us are not going to be welcome here very much longer and I’d hate to have to fly all the way there. While I am perfectly capable in doing so, despite my condition, sometimes it's best not to make a spectacle of oneself.”
Raith arches a brow at the man floating over to join them. "Blind Man? Wonderful. I feel safer already," he says drily. "Blind Man meet Old Man. And you will call me Rai- Mister Raith. You will call me Mr. Raith."
Mr. Raith
Mr. Raith
Dead Soul
Randy

Post by Randy »

OOC Comments
Notice[dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
After hearing the news from Delilah a smile burst onto Randy's face bigger than the one he had from having some pie. "I do so enjoy action! Who else is ready to bust some heads.?" Randy hops up from his seat and stuffs the rest of the pie in his face.

Once Brute moved aside the boulder Randy gestures with a wave of his hand, "Ladies first!"

Randy pats Brute on the shoulder as the last of the group makes their way past the boulder. "Looks like I am sticking with you big guy. Let those fast guys scout it out. You know today has been a pretty good day. I woke up found some decent stuff on an overly armed morgue security guard. Found some friends. Got tied up by pretty ladies. Had a bit of a wet t-shirt contest which I am pretty sure I won. I will give Summer a close second probably because I like the color blue. Ate some pie. Now we get to traipse through the sewers and possibly beat up some Ares thugs. Let me tell you big guy, things are definitely looking up!"
The One and Only Randy Reslyon
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d10, Vigor d12
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 10; Toughness: 8 ;
Skills: Fighting d12+4, Shooting d12+4, Notice d6, Stealth d6, Lockpicking d6, Driving d4, Streetwise d6
Hindrances: Overconfident, Monologuer, Big Mouth, and Stubborn

Combat Edges of Note
Marksman: Aim maneuver (+2 Shooting) if hero does not move
Quick Draw: May draw weapon as a free action

Power Summary
Regeneration: Natural Healing roll of Vigor +4 Every Round
Immune to Poison and Disease.
Fearless (2): Immune to Fear tests.
Deadly: +1d6 to all melee attacks

Gear of Note
Greataxe: Str+d10+d6, 15 Weight, AP 1, Parry –1, 2 hands
Desert Eagle (.50), 15/30/60, 2d8, ROF 1, 8 Weight, 7 shots, AP 2, Semi-Auto
Bullets (.50), x100

Bennies: 3
Brute
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Brute »

The news that agents were coming puts a scowl on Brute's features and his hands creak audibly as his hands ball into massive fists. "The bad men coming here? The bad men should leave Brute and his friends alone. Stupid men better not try and hurt Brute's friends or Brute going to get really mad!"

Delilah's instructions, however, help to keep Brute calm or at least not too agitated. At Gothm's suggestion Brute agrees, "Yeah, Brute have back door into tunnels. Lot's of tunnels under the ground. Brute like walking through the tunnels. The tunnels go lots of places. Uh, where are we going?"

Leading the way into the brownstone's basement he shifts the massive slab of reinforced concrete that he had wedged into the opening to serve as a "door". Beyond the opening the Stygian darkness loomed for there were no working lights in these tunnels, not that made in any difference to Brute. The tunnel is one of the larger storm drains that run under Brooklyn and at the moment relatively dry.

After everyone moves into the tunnel Brute shift the slab back across the opening with a mighty heave, giving it an extra shove to wedge it in tight. With a laugh Brute tells the others, "no puny little bad men are going to move Brute's door!." Then Brute frowns, "uh, Brute know tunnels but Brute not know where to go. Soldier men used to show Brute maps but they always made Brute's head hurt. Too many squiggly lines. So soldier men would point and tell Brute to go that way until he see the bad space men. Anybody got map?"
Last edited by Brute on Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Notice 10 Raise
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Ace [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 4 Success
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Late Evening
Reclamation Zone/Sewer tunnels

“South,” Delilah told Brute. “South Brooklyn Marine Terminal.” She oriented herself a bit, though she wasn’t familiar with the tunnels either. She put her arm around her daughter’s shoulders, reassuring her.

Delilah had no problem seeing in the darkness thanks to the nanites in her system. They kicked in her darkvision and she led the way south. “We might have to pop up occasionally to make sure we’re heading in the right direction.”
Character Tracker
Adventure Cards:
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

John has been in the tunnels before, such as when he guided Brute to where Tres Reyes had him working. The tunnels are often used by the gangs for smuggling or simply for avoiding patrols. As such, there are ways for the gang members to navigate involving gang signs, as well as some knowledge of the signs the workers themselves used to use for maintaining the tunnels and what was in them. All he has to do, is find a sign he recognizes to know where he is.
OOC Comments
Streetwise [dice]2[/dice] Wild Streetwise [dice]3[/dice]
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hexx »

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
ACE [dice]4[/dice]

Survival [dice]2[/dice]
ACE [dice]5[/dice]
Wild Survival [dice]3[/dice]
At -2 for task Difficulty, is a 6 total, so a basic success.
Gothm glides through the tunnels, occasionally sending a rat or three ahead of them to scout the passage and make sure there are no collapsed sections on their route. He also seems to have a fairly solid internal compass, and a good ability to estimate distances traveled; all combined, he is able to keep them on the right route.
Rising Star
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Powers:
Fearless
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

In the Sewers
As AEGIS choppers approach from the east, the band of vagrants flees into the abandoned sewers and tunnels underneath the brownstone. They are easily able to determine which way is south and can navigate toward the marine terminal with relative ease...although the likelihood of getting all the way there underground is low. Collapsed tunnels, different lines, and narrow connections mean at some point coming to the surface will be necessary. Fortunately, it will be pretty close.
Tunnel Navigation
Navigate the tunnels as a Cooperative roll using Survival at -2 as the main skill to sense direction etc. Others can assist adding +1 with a success and +2 with a raise (assists maxed at +2). Success in navigating the tunnels results in getting to within five block of the Marine Terminal. A Raise means you’ve managed to get within a block. Two raises and you located some secret way directly into the terminal yard.

Success means 2 hours of travel time, a raise reduces it to one hour.

Using your super abilities - as appropriate - to assist is possible, just remember the Agent! and Collateral Damage setting rules.
Before they get too far the group happens upon a second gang of heroes having conversation in front of what appears to be a shimmering gateway or portal to who knows where. An old man, a blind man, and a dead man seem to be debating a course of action. There’s probably a joke in there somewhere.
Portal
Walker can move people directly to the terminal or major intersections within a block instantly. The portal is -2 to the smarts roll for a known location plus -1 for each additional person being teleported. Intangibility is possible, making two others intangible is -2 to the Spirit roll. Making multiple trips still carries the above penalty (-2 for unseen and -1 for each additional person).

Shuttling also means multiple rolls, remember the Agent! And Collateral Damage setting rules.
Signature
Walker
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Walker »

The new group popping up on his place stops Walker. "Well this is to many for me to take." A slow appraisal of everyone in the group and Walker realizes they are all ARES one and all. "Well isn't this nice, a bit of a reunion, feels a lot like a trap, and to make for an astral walk out of here too."
"I hope you know the show way there, because I don't."
Walker (Rob T)

Current Status

Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

Marduk responds, "I can find my own way, and can carry someone light." In his current mode, he can not carry anyone heavy, but he could being someone else along if they can handle the winds from his carrying them.
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Notice 9 Raise
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Ace [dice]8[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 7 Success
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Late Evening
Reclamation Zone/Sewers

Delilah saw Walker and the others with the portal. “Well, more refugees,” Delilah said.

“I can help us find the way,” Summer said, looking to Gothm with a grin.

Delilah raised an eyebrow at her daughter. “How do you…”

“Sh! I’m thinking, Mom!” Summer scolded.

Delilah sighed. She tried to recall what she knew of the sewers and help the group find the way herself. She had an eidetic memory, after all.

Summer Survival 3 Fail
Survival [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Delilah Survival 2 Fail
Survival [dice]6[/dice]
Wild [dice]7[/dice]
Character Tracker
Adventure Cards:
Mr. Raith
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Mr. Raith »

Notice 5
Raith rolls his eyes in an exaggerated 'You gotta be kidding me' manner when Delilah and Summer roll in. "If you're looking for a nursery, we don't have one," he spews, looking pointedly at the young Summer. He turns his head toward Delilah and hisses, "Make sure your whelp keeps up. It would be a shame if she slows us down." He then blinks out of existence and reappears on the other side of the tunnel, his back to the two women.

"I say we just go up top and carve our way to this meeting place," he announces to the group. "Besides, if we bloody the nose of ARES right away they may think twice about coming after us again." He grins wickedly as he examines the marble-like back of his hand and makes no effort to try and help the others navigate the sewers. He just goes where everyone else goes.
Mr. Raith
Mr. Raith
Dead Soul
Walker
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Walker »

Looking directly at Raith Walker says. "I do not think going up to would be wise. To many Innocents could be harness if this broke out into a battle."
"Remember it is not there people who forsook is, but the fearful people in power of the government."
Walker (Rob T)

Current Status

Mitchell Maxwell
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

Streetwise [dice]2[/dice] + [dice]6[/dice] -2 = 9 Possible +2 to Gothm's rolls
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]

Investigation [dice]4[/dice] + [dice]7[/dice] - 2 = 7 Possible +1 to Gothm's rolls
Wild Die [dice]5[/dice]: Uh oh, not sure how an I can be detected, but this triggers the Agent! rule.

Mitchell uses his awareness to to feel for the type of junk and detritus that would indicate we are close to a warehouse or docks district (larger pieces of industrial waste, higher degree of moisture or a crust of salt deposits on the tunnel walls: Investigate

He will also looks to see how the sewage is flowing and the slope of the tunnels, assuming water is flowing towards the bay and the bay is closer to or slightly below sea level.

As the two groups go through the obligatory posturing and assessments of one another, Mitchell lands softly on the raised edge of the sewer tunnel. He hangs back and observes the dynamics.

All look fairly capable in their own way. Some personalities may require some management, but that’s typical of our kind. Heh, mine probably does too. As to our current situation, it appears the one called Gothm is proving to be best suited to get us out of this particular predicament.

Tap, tap….tap, tap, tap

Mitchell floats from intersection to intersection holding his hand a few inches from the tunnel walls. Hmm...based on the grade in the tunnels and the flow of the water, it appears we are generally heading in the right direction. Confirmed by the fact that that feels like a piece of a 500 gallon drum used in importing and exporting and those feel like fish bones

"All, it appears that Gothm is leading us true to our destination, but perhaps we could gain some time taking a chance on some of the side tunnels that appear to be a more direct route to the district the call told us to go."
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

Marduk frowns as we encounter more superhumans. Us being brought together is clearly the act of an outside agency, and the odds are said agency is planning to use up to forward their own agenda. The question is, is said agenda likely to help or harm us in the long run?

He can not answer the question now, but keep it in mind for later.

He continues to search for clues about which way to go.
OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice] Ace Notice [dice]6[/dice], Wild Notice [dice]1[/dice] Ace WN [dice]7[/dice] =14
Streetwise [dice]2[/dice], Wild Streetwise [dice]3[/dice] Ace WS [dice]8[/dice] =11
Survival [dice]4[/dice], Wild Survival[dice]5[/dice] =1
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Notice 8 Raise
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 11 Raise
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Ace [dice]4[/dice]

Late Evening
Reclamation Zone/Sewers

“Don’t worry. Summer will keep up just fine,” Delilah assured Raith coldly. She pulled her gun and pointed it at his back. She knew it would likely do little harm. “And Harvey Pinn was a friend, you bastard.”

“Mom…”Summer said, putting her hand on her mother’s gun arm, lowering the weapon. “Now isn’t the time.”

Character Tracker
Adventure Cards:
Mr. Raith
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Mr. Raith »

notice 3
Lady wrote:“And Harvey Pinn was a friend, you bastard.”
Mr. Raith twists around and peers at the woman. "Was? Last I saw him he was still alive. A bit...diminished maybe," Mr. Raith smirks at this, but then his tone becomes cold and serious. "I told him he would be unharmed if he just gave me the book, yet what does he do? Tries to enslave me for a second time. The gall of the man! He should consider himself lucky I only took one testicle. Yep, Ol' One Nut Harvey Peepants brought that on himself." Raith scoffs in contempt of her outrage and then disappears further up the tunnel they are currently traveling.
Mr. Raith
Mr. Raith
Dead Soul
Randy

Post by Randy »

OOC Comments
Wild: [dice]1[/dice]
"Don't worry about Summer keeping up. If she gets slow I'll carry her." Randy slyly winks at Summer when Delilah has her back turned.

"I'm following you guys. I've never been too good at navigating these damn sewers. I do think a good fight could be fun. Oh and for those of you whom I am meeting for the first time, the name's Randy."
Last edited by Randy on Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skills: Fighting d12+4, Shooting d12+4, Notice d6, Stealth d6, Lockpicking d6, Driving d4, Streetwise d6

Combat Edges of Note

Power Summary

Gear of Note
Bullets (.50), x100

Walker
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Walker »

Concentrating for minute or two while walking and mumbling some arcane words in Ancient Egyptian Walker's staff begins to lift and turn in the air pointing towards the destination. "A simple spell designed to call us to our desires should help us out here." He mumbles to himself before looking to the others and saying. "Like a compass to north my cane should point us in the right direction." As they continue walking and Gothm leads them in a direction contradicting the direction the staff is pointing Walker realizes. "Oh, I guess I forgot a straight line is not always possible when going through tunnels." Realizing his mistake, Tony returns his power

OOC Comments
Shifting slots to reflect the following memorized spells.
2 Heart of Desire: Super Skill 4 (4), Object (-2, arcane cane)
2 Tirelessness of Youth: Vigor +1 Steps (2) adds to vigor and running so people are not waiting on him so much.
2 Tirelessness of Youth: Super speed 10" (2)
Survival 2
Survival roll to Assist G. [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

After Gothm ignores the staff to lead them around obsticles and Walker realizes his mistake he will simply follow and transfer those points back into Vigor as follows. (Takes a minute or two)

4 Tirelessness of Youth: Vigor +2 Steps (4) adds to vigor and running so people are not waiting on him so much.
2 Tirelessness of Youth: Super speed 10"

Currently feeling very embarrassed.
Walker (Rob T)

Current Status

Mitchell Maxwell
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

“Hello Randy. Greetings to you too, Summer. I am Mitc...the Mind’s Eye, or as Mr. Raith puts it, the Blind Man. Thank you for preventing your mother from shooting Mr. Raith. It would be very loud, especially for me, and it would echo a great deal in these tunnels. I doubt it would do much anyway.”

Tap..

What the hell are you doing? It's obvious to these people you don't need the damn stick. They saw you fly for pete's sake.

Mitchell releases his cane and folds it up mentally as it floats in front of him. He stows it and then takes flight by levitating a foot or so off the ground.
Brute
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Brute »

Notice 11
Notice Die [dice]0[/dice]
Ace Notice Die [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
The newcomes do not radiate danger so Brute is not alarmed when the newcomers arrive. That changes somewhat with Raith's rude behavior towards Dee and Summer. "Smelly Man should not be mean to Brute's friends. Smelly Man not gonna like it if Smelly Man make Brute mad."

After Raith teleports up the tunnel Brute turns to Delilah saying, "Brute don't think Smelly Man is a Bad Man but Brute still not like him very much. Smelly Man not smell so good and he was mean to you and Summer. Do New People like to walk in tunnels like Brute? How come Brute not see New People in tunnels before?"
Last edited by Brute on Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Notice 11 Raise
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Ace [dice]4[/dice]
Common Knowledge 3 Fail
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Late Evening
Reclamation Zone/Sewers

Summer blushed at Randy’s wink and flashed him a smile.

Delilah lowered her weapon and turned toward the floating man. “I know who you are, Mind’s Eye,” she said. She had a hand in creating and providing medical oversight to most of the ARES projects, after all. And with an eidetic memory, she knew most of their files by heart. “We’re obviously going to need to be on the surface for parts of this trip. I suggest we go as quickly and quietly as we can. There may be helicopters, so we should cut through buildings to stay out of sight as much as possible, and hope any squatters inside decide it’s smarter to stay put and not give us trouble. Even a lone runner from the building will be suspicious enough. Keep flashy powers quiet.” She gave Gothm a stern look. “And remember, these are just soldiers doing their job. No killing. That’s the best way to give them the propaganda they need. We’re heroes. We can find other options.”

Character Tracker
Adventure Cards:
Mr. Raith
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Mr. Raith »

Notice 6
WILD: [dice]1[/dice]
Mr. Raith's voice carries back to the group from out of the darkness ahead, punctuating their conversation with bitter spikes of mockery.

Randy wrote:"I do think a good fight could be fun. Oh and for those of you whom I am meeting for the first time, the name's Randy."
"My name is Raaaandy." Despite the insulting way he says Randy's name, Mr. Raith grudgingly admits to himself he likes the man's eagerness to fight.
Old Man wrote: "Oh, I guess I forgot a straight line is not always possible when going through tunnels."
The sound of a loud slap, as if someone in Mr. Raith's general vicinity in the tunnel ahead suddenly slapped his own palm forcefully against his face, echoes back to the rest of the group. "Can someone help the Old Man, please? He seems to need a nap. Thanks."
Big Boy wrote: "Smelly Man should not be mean to Brute's friends. Smelly Man not gonna like it if Smelly Man make Brute mad."
"Who are you calling 'Smelly Man', Big Boy? Do you even remember the last time you changed your underwear? I can still smell your skidmarks from way over here. Can someone please change Big Boy's undies for him? Summer, that would be a good job for you. Make yourself useful."
Lady wrote:“And remember, these are just soldiers doing their job. No killing. That’s the best way to give them the propaganda they need. We’re heroes. We can find other options.”
A soft string of whispered curses echoes loosely back to the rest. Dammit. She's annoying when she's right.

OOC Comments
I am so, so sorry everyone.
Mr. Raith
Mr. Raith
Dead Soul
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hexx »

Gothm's face is a mixture of emotions as Delilah seems to single him out for that warning--surprise, hurt, confused, before settling into a comfortable anger. "Madam, I would think that by now you might have learned to be a little skeptical of the news broadcasts put out by Aegis' agit-prop division. In my entire career as an 'eco-terrorist', I have never killed a human being. The only time I have ever even deployed the Mother's Scourge against a human, I was still a good little soldier like the rest, when we had to deal with those collaborators in Berlin. Since then, I've capsized whaling boats, shut down oil rigs and fracking stations, but never with a loss of human life." His expression darkens. "As for that logging camp in the Northwest Territories, I can only say those lumberjacks were alive--sodden, with no working vehicles, chainsaws, or heavy equipment, but alive--when I left. So I cannot say for certain how they ended up with--" And here, he makes air-quote motions as he continues, "dead with 'lightning strike' marks to their chests in time for the 6 o'clock news. Perhaps you should ask your--"

The pause here is miniscule, and in the dark tunnel, probably only Delilah herself is close enough to see his eyes flicker over in Summer's direction before snapping back to the mother. "--government connections. After all, my lightning comes from the skies, not ground level."

With that, he deflates a little bit, then turns and continues navigating the tunnels, still hovering on the feculent breeze. "You know, living dead boy, if you keep moving ahead like that, you're likely to be left behind when we have to make a turn-off."
Rising Star
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Powers:
Fearless
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

The Heroes Underground
Moving through the tunnels the group works together like the cast of a reality TV show - with lots of drama. Nonetheless, Gothm's superior abilities and the keen awareness of many in the group allow for a steady path toward the Brooklyn Marine Terminal. The only snag is when they get very close to the terminal, the whole group wanders through a community of homeless people taking shelter in the tunnels. Most of the shanty town residents keep their eyes down and avoid the heroes completely. One mentally ill person opens his over coat and flashes Summer, but she roundly kicks him in the balls and he chortles off. Unfortunately, this is right when the blind men folds his cane up with his mental powers. While it could be said none of these people wants to draw the attention of the law, more than one may be tempted by the award money for narrcing on heroes.

It's impossible to tell if anyone slinks off to make a call from a mobile device but it's probably wise to assume the AEGIS choppers from earlier in the night are now circling the area above their heads. Coming up from the tunnels just got a whole lot riskier.
Signature
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Notice 7 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 5 Success
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Late Evening
Reclamation Zone/Sewers

Delilah put a hand on Brute’s arm to reassure him. “Ignore the smelly man for now,” she soothed, rubbing the large bicep, so different from the ones that had held her before his transformation. “Unless he tries to hurt us. Then rip his head off and pull his heart out. Scatter his pieces all over creation. Maybe use a wood chipper.”

Delilah sighed after Gothm’s words. “I believe you,” she told the old man. “I can’t imagine he would be involved in something like that.” But then she’d never imagined she would be on the run from her husband, either.

They moved along the tunnels, following Gothm’s guidance. As they approached their destination, however, they ran across a congregation of the homeless. “Don’t cause trouble,” Delilah scolded Summer after she kicked the flasher in the joolies, even though Delilah would have liked to have shot them off. She pulled her daughter closer to her.

Delilah notices a titter go through the crowd and turns to see Mind’s Eye folding up his cane. “Damn it…” she muttered quietly.

“We should move quickly,” Delilah told the others. She found a way to the surface and lifted the heavy manhole cover easily and carefully, trying to make as little noise and noticeable movement as possible.

Stealth 3 Fail
Notice [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Character Tracker
Adventure Cards:
Randy

Post by Randy »

OOC Comments
Randy shakes his head at Raith's mocking of pretty much everyone and chooses to act like it never happened.

Upon reaching the homeless and seeing Summer kick one in the groin he cheers. "Way to go! Next time, while you got him grabbing his own jewels in pain you follow up with punching him in the throat. Really put some fear into him." He pats Summer on the shoulder as he finishes his sentence.

"If you guys are worried I bet we can drop them before they call out" He pulls out the desert eagle acting like he is ready to shoot them on command. Those that really know Randy know he is only joking. Pointing the gun at one of the homeless he shouts "BANG!" acting as if he shot him. The homeless man singled out stumbles and hides behind his nearest fire can.

"Seriously though, we should probably avoid the streets."
He says as he puts the gun away.

Combat Edges of Note

Power Summary

Gear of Note
Bullets (.50), x100

Walker
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Walker »

Notice and Common Knowledge Rolls
Danger Sense Triggered on 6 or better
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Notice Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

Common Knowledge
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Smarts Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]
Watching the interchange with Summer Walker Says. "Excellent job young lady. You handled that well, your response was measured an appropriate. With such a level head, I think you would make a fine student should you ever desire to learn of the forces nature that uses to to bind us together. "
Then seeing Randy actually pointing his weapon at an innocent civilian Walker finds himself approaching anger, but he he able to cool himself before saying something. "We are not school yard bullies Mr. Reslyon. I would have thought whoever did you instruction would have given better instruction. Please place the weapon back in your holster."
Then continuing on, he says. "I think we are in about the worst possible situation here. Even if we hoped to rely on the generosity or silence of any of these men, Randy has undermined that to the extreme." turning to Gothm he says. "Do you suppose the mother would be willing to dig us a tunnel out of here that does not involve going out above? I do not know the extent of the favors she works for you." using the term so naturally and easily that it is apparent he also sees the Earth as a living and sentient thing.
Tunneling
I cannot access books right now, but I will look up how tunneling or perhaps matter shaping with a goal of tunneling will work when I get a chance.

Perhaps a Benny spent for a Power Stunt will be needed, as I doubt my spell pool of 6 points will be sufficient?
Walker (Rob T)

Current Status

Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hexx »

Gothm shakes his head at Walker's question. "Sadly, that specific gift is for me alone. I could probably carry someone as light as Summer at need, but they would need to hold their breath for the duration of the journey."
Rising Star
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Powers:
Fearless
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

Marduk turns his head, seemingly impassively observing. He says, his voice distorted by his armor, "It is unwise to threaten without necessity. Threats work only so long as fear is not overcome by greater fear or other emotions such as greed. None of those here has acted in such a way as to deserve to be threatened."

Inside the armor, he is a bit upset. These people have enough troubles already, he has helped others like them before...admittedly often for a profit but he still helps them. It bothers him to see the callous cruelty Randy displays.

He would offer to lead the way, but it seems Delilah has already proceeded.
OOC Comments
Danger Sense: Notice roll at -2 required
Notice: [dice]0[/dice] Wild Notice[dice]1[/dice]
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
Mr. Raith
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Mr. Raith »

notice 4 stealth 5

Stealth+2 w/stealth suit: [dice]2[/dice]
WILD dye: [dice]3[/dice]
Mr. Raith remains silent as he carefully picks his way past the homeless refugees until he hears a sound behind him.
Delilah wrote:“We should move quickly,” Delilah told the others. She found a way to the surface and lifted the heavy manhole cover easily and carefully, trying to make as little noise and noticeable movement as possible. -- Stealth 3 Fail
He cringes as he hears the manhole scrape loudly across the concrete. "Did someone lose a pregnant cow? I think I hear one around here somewhere." He slides up beside Delilah without announcing his presence so he too can peer out at the surface.
Last edited by Mr. Raith on Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Raith
Mr. Raith
Dead Soul
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Delilah Notice 10 Raise
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Ace [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Delilah Common Knowledge 7 Success
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Summer Notice 4 Success
Notice [dice]5[/dice]
Wild [dice]6[/dice]
Summer Common Knowledge 5 Success
Smarts [dice]7[/dice]
Wild [dice]8[/dice]

Late Evening
Reclamation Zone/Sewers

Summer beamed at Walker’s praise. “You really think I can do magic?” she asked, almost in a whisper, so her mother, up on the ladder and lifting the manhole cover, wouldn’t hear. “That is so cool! Mom’s teaching me to fight, and Gothm is teaching me survival skills. I imagine I could learn a lot from you, too!”
Character Tracker
Adventure Cards:
Walker
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Walker »

Smiling at the girl Walker says. "Absolutely young lady. A young mind, alert, willing to act and looking for new experiences is perfect for learning the art. I was much like you went I was first sent to Egypt. I think I was 16 at the time, and never have I regretted my decision."
Walker (Rob T)

Current Status

Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

Marduk comments, "There is a certain flexibility in the human mind that is generally lost with age. The young are open to learning things their elders may not be."
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Delilah Notice #
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Delilah Common Knowledge #
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Summer Notice #
Notice [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Summer Common Knowledge #
Smarts [dice]6[/dice]
Wild [dice]7[/dice]

Late Evening
Reclamation Zone/Sewers

“Egypt? Wow! That’s so cool! I haven’t been able to travel much,” Summer said with a pout. “Mom and dad were always busy with work at DARPA. And then the war. We had a cabin upstate we went to, and we went to Canada and Niagra Falls once. Now I guess it’s going to be squatting in basement apartments and traipsing through sewers,” the teen said sadly.

Character Tracker
Adventure Cards:
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

So close...
The homeless folks start to scatter down side tunnels and into holes when Randy waves his gun around. It definitely clears the room, but no doubt someone will definitely snitch on their position. For her part, Delilah nosily opens a manhole cover and peers out toward the marine terminal. Their journey has gotten them almost right on top of the place! The place is surrounded by a tall fence with lots of warnings about not entering. Past the fence she can see the old terminal buildings are being torn down but giant reclamation equipment. A huge sign labels the area as a project of KENMARK Industries.

During the war KENMARK was one of the first defence contractors to reverse engineer alien technology, helping to spur weapon development and outfit a number of ARES project members with gadgets and gear. Since the purge their CEO, Kenneth Marks, has been extremely sympathetic to the plight of project members and an outspoken critic of the ARES protocol. His wealth, tech savvy, and high profile have garnered him a lot of media attention, and have protected him from too much blow back from the AEGIS Authority for his pro-project stance.

Unfortunately, four AEGIS helicopters are also circling the area. Their search lights probing the area. Before she can duck down, Delilah is bathed in white light.
OOC Comments
The man hole is 24" from the front gate of the marine terminal (West). Four helicopters are circling the area. It is impossible to tell from here whether there are agents on the ground. The area is full of ruins, old buildings - mostly destroyed warehouses and light industrial buildings. There is a large city park, really overgrown, to the east of the manhole.
Signature
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

The problem with a manhole, is the very restricted access, only one person at a time can pass through it, and right now that person is not Marduk.

He turns to Walker, "We need another exit so we can come out where they are not looking...unless you can bring all four choppers down fast. I can bring them down, but need to get to the surface first."
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hexx »

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]

Storm (Spirit) [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Storm (Spirit) [dice]3[/dice]
Bennie to Re-roll Storm [dice]5[/dice]
Wild Bennie [dice]6[/dice]

Bennie at least averts having a second Agents! trigger... Sheesh.

And now I learn we don't actually roll for powers, so.... ignore the above. Storm is activated. No bennie spent.

Time [dice]4[/dice]

Gothm sees the lights splashing around the open manhole cover, hears the whup-whup of the choppers. He grunts and tries to reach to the skies above to call upon the Mother's anger, but can tell the response will be sluggish. "If we can get some more time, I may be able to force those choppers out of the air--and give us cover to emerge unseen by some other portal." He pauses, considering. "Of course, once it starts, we may want to be already in motion. These are storm sewers, after all."
Rising Star
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Powers:
Fearless
Mr. Raith
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Mr. Raith »

Notice 3 Stealth 8 Smarts 11

Stealth+2: [dice]2[/dice]

Smarts roll -1 to teleport w/ Delilah: [dice]4[/dice]
ACE: [dice]6[/dice]
WILD dye: [dice]5[/dice]

As the chopper's spotlight bathes Delilah's face in light Mr. Raith curses and grabs her around the waist. They both then disappear and blink back into existence in the tunnel below.

"Ya know, for someone who didn't want to fight our way here like I suggested, you sure seem eager to attract unwanted attention."
Mr. Raith
Mr. Raith
Dead Soul
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Delilah Notice Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Delilah Common Knowledge 5 Success
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Summer Notice 5 Success
Notice [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Summer Common Knowledge 4 Success
Smarts [dice]6[/dice]
Wild [dice]7[/dice]

Late Evening
Reclamation Zone/Marine Terminal

“Shit!” Delilah cursed as the helicopter’s spotlight bathed her. And then suddenly she was grabbed and was elsewhere.

“Get your hands off me!” Delilah snapped, shoving Raith away. She turned back to the others.

“We’re close to the terminal, but obviously AEGIS is here. Four choppers. I couldn’t tell if there are agents on the ground inside the terminal. It’s a KENMARK project, so that might explain the friendly phone call. It’s a straight fifty yard dash to the gate. Lots of ruins for cover if we get inside. Or there’s an overgrown city park to the east. Either way, I think we’re going to have trouble.”
Character Tracker
Adventure Cards:
Mitchell Maxwell
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice] + [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice] + [dice]3[/dice]
Total: 16

“We have no idea where we are going or what is waiting for us. That being said, our best bet is that KENMARK is sympathetic, as Deliah has said. If we are going to make a run for it, I am sure I can find a piece of debris large enough to provide cover from any weapons the choppers have. Coupled with the incoming inclement weather courtesy of Gothm, we should be relatively protected from an aerial assault. That will leave the rest of you free to deal with any ground threats.”
Walker
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Walker »

Looking around at the group of companions Walker smiles and shakes his head. " Why are would we keep going this direction? I received a warning call, but it is apparent that the location I was going to gate to is a trap. Do any of you have a rational or pressing reason to keep going there? Well if not, I say we all leave now and go instead to central park. A much more relaxed location and perhaps we can grab some dogs with extra mustard while we think this through."
Then as he begins to run around he can be heard mumbling to himself. "Kids now days are always in such a hurry to fight everything, and never want to think about anything..." His mumbling trails off as he can be heard working out the nature of the spell he will need to use next.
Walker (Rob T)

Current Status

Randy

Post by Randy »

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild:[dice]1[/dice]

My Agility: [dice]2[/dice]
Wild:[dice]3[/dice]

Gunner Agility: [dice]4[/dice]

Shooting: [dice]5[/dice]
Wild:[dice]6[/dice]
Aim from Marksman +2
Long Range -4
Called shot -2

Damage: [dice]7[/dice]
Aces: [dice]8[/dice]
Being a man of action, Randy takes no chances with the light. He looks to the group “You guys may want to get down or find some cover.” He quickly draws his desert eagle and taking a second to sight in the nearest helicopter light as it shines on Delilah and shoots.

Combat Edges of Note

Power Summary

Gear of Note
Bullets (.50), x100

Walker
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Walker »

Seeing Randy say what he is about to do and drawing his weapon Walker acts quickly. "Now we cannot have that right now, this is a time for peace." Walker send the hypnotic suggestion deep into Randy's mind. As he speaks the eyes of the snake head open and the head appears to split into dozens of serpents whispering his words.
OOC Comments
Agility Roll to Interrupt [dice]0[/dice]
Agility Wild [dice]1[/dice]
If Allowed to Interrupt I will spend a Benny for Extra Effort [dice]4[/dice] (Includes +2 from Elan.)
Improved Level Headed if it matters and he was silly enough to tell us he planned on being crazy.

Spellcasting 1d12+4 & -2 for improvised spell [dice]2[/dice]
Spellcasting Wild die [dice]3[/dice]

Using Paralysis Spell of Gorgon Staff
Gorgon’s Stare - Paralysis (3), Ranged Touch 12” (+2), Device (-2 held)
Walker (Rob T)

Current Status

Randy

Post by Randy »

OOC Comments
Resist Paralysis: [dice]0[/dice]
OOC Comments
Notice: [dice]2[/dice]
Ace:[dice]8[/dice]

To pull old man:
Fighting:[dice]4[/dice]
Wild:[dice]5[/dice]

Strength: [dice]6[/dice]
Wild:[dice]7[/dice]
Being leapt upon by the old man startles Randy. “Woah! What the hell Walker? I was shooting the light so those guys cannot get a bead on us! Now there is no way they won’t!” He pulls the old man with him to get down behind some cover and hide.
“What B.S. did you try to do to my head? I don't appreciate that. Now what's your plan? Do we sit here while they highlight and shoot us?"

Combat Edges of Note

Power Summary

Gear of Note
Bullets (.50), x100

Walker
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Walker »

Unphased by Randy yelling, Walker looks around the scene, for possible ways out that will not end up with anyone getting killed. "I think at this point the best thing we can do it get out of here. All they will see is some of us, including Delilah running away. Some well strung illusions here could save many lives." Meanwhile perhaps we should run in the opposite direction.
As he incants an illusion of the spotted ARES running away from the helicopters away from our current position, including the manhole cover being replaced. "Now could I suggest we all start moving while they chase those phantoms who ran into that parking garage."
Cast Illusion 4
Spellcasting [dice]0[/dice] (Includes -2 for improvised spell)
Spellcasting Wild [dice]1[/dice]

Bend Reality - [Illusion 2 (4, 10 yard diameter), Film Quality (+1), System Shock (+2), Device (-2 carried)]
Illusion allows your character to create imaginary images and sounds. The illusions cannot actually affect the real world, but can pretend to. An imaginary monster might “pick up” a real car, but in truth, the car is just “blotted out” while a false one is hurled by the beast. The illusion must cover the “removed” object, and cannot mimic true invisibility.
The range of illusion is sight, and the total volume is a 4” (8 yard) diameter sphere, plus an additional inch (2 yards) per level in the power.
Walker (Rob T)

Current Status

Mitchell Maxwell
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Mitchell shrugs and lifts his hand towards the manhole and the cover slides back into place. He then lowers his hand to the metal ladder and the re-bar rail is jerked free of the concrete with a metal on stone screech. The re-bar rail then snakes up through one of the holes in the manhole cover, bends itself over, and then snakes down into an adjacent hole until about two feet of re-bar stick out from opposite sides of the manhole. The two ends of the re-bar then curve upward and jam themselves into the concrete ceiling.

"It's closed now."
OOC Comments
Telekinetic Strength of d12+5
Mr. Raith
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Mr. Raith »

Lady wrote:“Get your hands off me!”
A dry chuckle escapes Raith's lips as he raises his arms in a mocking 'look I'm not touching you' manner. "Don't flatter yourself," he says with mild disgust. Then his eyes harden and bore into hers, "And don't complain to me if your bumbling brings AEGIS down on our heads, for I WILL defend myself if they attack, regardless of how much mewling you do about preventing unnecessary casualties." He then turns his back on her to signal the end of the conversation.

Raith's attention is then drawn to the minor scuffle between Walker and Randy, which he observes with open amusement as he leans against the tunnel wall. "Yes, I feel so fortunate to have found such a swell group to run with." The open contempt in his voice is palpable as he rolls his eyes.
Mr. Raith
Mr. Raith
Dead Soul
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

Marduk switches on the stealth options and moves through the open manhole, watching it move back into place behind him, then searching the area with his enhanced vision for a place where he can get close enough to one or more of the Helicopters to use his web caster.

Once he has a spot, he moves as swiftly as he can while preserving stealth. He prefers to deal with his foes, get rid of the ones here now before more can arrive.
OOC Comments
Notice: [dice]0[/dice] Wild Notice [dice]1[/dice] =4
Stealth [dice]2[/dice] Wild Stealth [dice]3[/dice] =2
Shooting (Web Caster) [dice]4[/dice] Web Shooting Ace [dice]6[/dice] Wild Shooting [dice]5[/dice] = 15
(Using web caster to tangle the rotors on one or more Helicopters is the plan)
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Delilah Notice 7 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Delilah Common Knowledge 3 Fail
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Summer Notice 4 Success
Notice [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Summer Common Knowledge 3 Fail
Smarts [dice]6[/dice]
Wild [dice]7[/dice]

Late Evening

Delilah glared at Raith as he moved off, then turned to note the others sealing off the manhole. “We could continue down to the next manhole,” Delilah said. “Maybe on the other side of the facility. We can’t go back. Brute’s place is compromised.” She pulled Summer close, and the teen slipped her arm around her mother reassuringly. Delilah wondered if her apartment had been compromised, as well. Had she missed a tracker inside of Randy? Was he really a mole? Convenient how they’d left him able to come back after they had taken out the other ARES that he had been with. How better to convince other project subjects that he was one of them? And then attempting to get the attention of the helicopters right to them just now.

“If Kenmark is a trap, then we need to go to ground again. We may need to get out of the city. That is going to be difficult.” She looked over at Brute and Marduk. Neither one would be able to pass among normal civilians. Even Raith might have difficulty in the daylight.
Character Tracker
Adventure Cards:
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

[b][size=150]Well That Escalated Quickly[/b][/size]
Poking her head out Deliliah spots four choppers patrolling the area and Raith quickly teleports her out of the entrance as she reports back to the group while Gothm calls in a storm to deal with the choppers. Randy draws his gun and makes for the ladder, slowed only slightly by a brief scuffle with Walker. Seeing an opening Marduk scurries up the ladder and looks to get in range of one of the choppers to use his webslinger.

While Marduk moves into position Randy pops his head back up and aims for the search light on the helicopter. His shot hits the light and penetrates right through to the vehicle’s fuel tank igniting the fuel and engulfing the helicopter in spectacular ball of flame that crashes to the ground mere inches from the manhole opening.

Alerted to a problem the other three helicopters vector toward the crash site giving Marduk his chance. His webbing tangles the rotors of a second chopper, fortunately for the occupants the pilot manages to make a hard landing on top of an old building. AEGIS agents jump out of the chopper and begin to take up shooting positions along the roof. Luckily, they can’t get a firing angle on Marduk just yet as he quickly and stealthily moves into an abandoned building for cover.

Seeing two choppers down already the other two duck behind some ruins and set down to let out their agents, who then spill out into the street taking cover and making a barricade between the manhole cover and the gate to the marine terminal. Marduk can see some of the agents area wearing battle suits that look like a cross between his unit and the suits worn by the Saurex invaders - perhaps they have reverse engineered alien tech.

Down below Walker puts up an illusion to cover the hole while Mitchell slides the original cover back in place. Underground they have the opportunity to flee into the tunnels or to act. Although Marduk is under cover above with a swarm of agents.

[ooc]Storm Clock: 4 rounds
AEGIS - KC
Heros - 3H, 6H, 8S

The agents are on hold, if you come out of the sewer (or out of cover) they can make an opposed agility check to interrupt you and open fire.

18" to Agents
24" to gate
18" to rooftop agents[/ooc]
Signature
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Delilah Notice 16 3 Raises
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Ace [dice]8[/dice]
Ace [dice]10[/dice]
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Summer Notice 16 3 Raises
Notice [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Ace [dice]9[/dice]
Ace [dice]11[/dice]
Smarts [dice]6[/dice]
Wild [dice]7[/dice]

Late Evening

“Well, that was a spectacular FUBAR,” Delilah growled as she heard the explosion above and was soon locked in the sewer again. “Where the he--” she glanced at Summer, “--eck is Marduk?”

Summer sighed. “I do know the word hell, Mom,” she pointed out.

Delilah shot her a mom look before turning back to the others. “The Marine Terminal building has to have access to the sewer,” she pointed out. “If we can find their main line, we might be able to get into the building. Or keep going and find another exit point farther on and come at the building from a different side all together. Or do we just abandon this and go to ground?”

She turned to Summer, taking her daughter’s hand. “Whatever we do, stay close, and if fighting breaks out, run for cover. Stay down. I will find you. If you get taken…” Delilah took a breath. “Demand to see your father. That will protect you, at least for a bit.”
Character Tracker
Adventure Cards:
Randy

Post by Randy »

Randy smiles with glee as he sees the explosion. "Wow! Did you guys see that? That was indeed one of my better shots. FYI guys I intended to shut off the lights for them. I forgot how close they put the fuel tanks and the lights on those things. Bad design if you ask me, but did they? Hell No! That's why you get explosions when you could have just lost a light. So to follow up...Are we running out to engage or hiding in the sewers like rats? Or turtles, we could pretend we are Ninja Turtles. Dibs on Mikey cause I love pizza!"

Combat Edges of Note

Power Summary

Gear of Note
Bullets (.50), x100

Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hexx »

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]

Run [dice]2[/dice]

Gothm ignores Randy's bravado and looks to Delilah. "If you give me a moment, I should be able to get to a position to deal with the agents on top of the building. Without any further explosions, even. Give me... oh, I'd say a twelve-count should suffice. If you hear screaming, I've been successful."

As he speaks, he lands, his skin growing hard again as he rests a hand against the wall; with a deep breath, he begins to become more and more like the concrete of the sewer tunnel, until he just sort of melds with it, passing through without a trace. He moves as quickly as he can, 'running' through the Mother's Bones in the direction of the building with the soldiers on top.
Rising Star
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Powers:
Fearless
Mitchell Maxwell
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Mitchell sighs, Open manhole, close manhole, open manhole, close manhole…. Now Marduk is outside.

Small debris begins to float around the blind man as his blank stare starts to scowl. With a snort, he ragins his composure and the trash falls back to the ground.

“Do we have any way to communicate with Marduk so we can at least let him know our plans?”
Brute
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Brute »

Notice Critical Failure
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
"Brute no good at being sneaky. Little people should go hide. Brute will make the bad soljers go away!" Crouching under the manhole cover Brute leaps up and smashes a huge fist into the manhole cover.
Strength Check 10, Intimidate Base 9 pending modifiers
Strength Die [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]
Wild Ace [dice]4[/dice]
-2 Penalty added
Intimidate Die [dice]5[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]6[/dice]
-1 bennie for extra effort
Extra Effort [dice]7[/dice]
The manhole shatters and Brute is through the hole in one fluid motion and standing on the street. Oblivious to any of the others Brute bellows at the nearest group of agents, "Brute not like soljer men here! Brute want to be left alone! Soljer men better leave before Brute get MAD!" With that Brute snarls and clenches his fists as he strides towards them, chunks of asphalt crushed underfoot. The swirling wind from the remaining choppers, however, blow debris into his face blinding him momentarily and he howls with rage. "ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!"
Last edited by Brute on Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mr. Raith
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Mr. Raith »

Notice 4 Stealth 13

ACE: [dice]4[/dice]
WILD dye+2: [dice]3[/dice]

Raith pops his head above the illusory manhole cover - then disappears.
He reappears across the street, folded into a shadowed alcove he spotted earlier. From this spot he tries to take stock of how many AEGIS agents he can see and where they are located, while remaining still as stone.
Last edited by Mr. Raith on Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Raith
Mr. Raith
Dead Soul
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

Marduk wonders if he should first go for the group on the rooftop, but decides to go with plan Polly on the ones on the ground first.

There was an old comic book featuring a group of four androids with human minds, one was a girl called Polymer Polly, she had super speed and the ability to spin polymer threads behind her as she moved that she could use to wrap up her foes. Marduk knows that this armor mode may allow him to run really fast, but it does not do much for his reflexes. He can not disarm the foes before they can react or anything, but he can run through his foes back and forth while creating a web so they are all entangled.

His plan, use speed to avoid being hit and entangle the enemy.
OOC Comments
Agility [dice]2[/dice] Wild Agility [dice]3[/dice]
Fighting [dice]4[/dice] Fighting [dice]5[/dice]
Not sure what other rolls I may need.
Last edited by Probe on Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Delilah Notice 5 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Delilah Common Knowledge 3 Fail
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Summer Notice 5 Success
Notice [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Smarts [dice]6[/dice]
Wild [dice]7[/dice]

Late Evening

“Or turtles, we could pretend we are Ninja Turtles. Dibs on Mikey cause I love pizza!"

Delilah rolled her eyes at Randy. “Does that make me April O'Neil then?” she asked.

“Who’s April O'Neil?” Summer asked.

Delilah sighed. “Kids these days. And I’m responsible for your lack of education.”

Summer just looked at her mother, confused.

Delilah gave her attention to Marius as he spoke. “Do what you can,” she said as he merged into the stone.

“Do we have any way to communicate with Marduk so we can at least let him know our plans?” Mind’s Eye asked.

“Not that I am aware of,” Delilah said. “I only ever had contact information for Brute.”

Speaking of Brute...he smashed his way through to the surface!

“Brute! No!” Delilah and Summer both called out, but it was too late.

“We can’t leave him, Mom! I don’t care how strong and tough he is!”

Delilah sighed, rubbing her eyes. “Oh, James…” she murmured.

“You’re right. Stay down here where it’s safe, Summer,” she instructed, looking up at the large hole in the street Brute had made. It looked like she was going to have to be fighting her former friends and coworkers.

Delilah focused. Her nanites surged through her muscles and nerves, increasing their conductivity and response, increasing her quickness. She deftly scrambled up to street level behind Brute, darting for cover behind a burned out car.

Conditions
Conditions:
  • Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
  • Super Agility: d12
Character Tracker
Adventure Cards:
Randy

Post by Randy »

OOC Comments

Shooting (Rapid Attack -4, Cover -2, +4 Skill):
Shooting:[dice]2[/dice]
Shooting:[dice]3[/dice]
Shooting:[dice]4[/dice]
Shooting:[dice]5[/dice]
Shooting:[dice]6[/dice]
Shooting:[dice]7[/dice]
Wild:[dice]8[/dice]

3 Normal Hits
Damage:[dice]9[/dice] Total: 12 AP2
Damage:[dice]10[/dice] Ace:[dice]16[/dice] Total: 12 AP2
Damage:[dice]11[/dice] Total: 8 AP2
2 Raises
Damage:[dice]12[/dice] Raise: [dice]13[/dice] Total: 8 AP2
Damage:[dice]14[/dice] Raise: [dice]15[/dice] Total: 8 AP2
Before following the big guy up top Randy looks to Delilah “I can totally see you in a nice tight yellow outfit. Form fitting too!” Without waiting he jumps up and uses Brute as his mobile cover quickly firing off shots to hit as many of the soldiers as he can. "Shit! I missed one. By the way big guy think about this... Delilah in a tight form fitting yellow outfit, you know, one that really accentuates the posterior!"

Combat Edges of Note

Power Summary

Gear of Note
Bullets (.50), x100

Brute
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Brute »

Dragging his arm across his face in a futile attempt to clear his eyes Brute glaces down as he hears the noise of gunfire coming from right behind him and sees Randy using him for cover. This is not new for Brute as he was often employed as a moving shield during the war for breakthrough maneuvers. Randy's comments, however, did startle and confuse Brute a little, "Huh? What Randy mean about Dee? What is pos-ter-ier? Is Randy making fun of Dee? Brute not like that." Brute reaches down and snatches a chunk of asphalt from his breakout onto the street and punches it with his other hand, shattering it into tiny pieces and growls, "Why everyone trying to make Brute angry today? Brute not like people who make Brute angry."
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Delilah Notice 7 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Delilah Common Knowledge 5 Success
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Summer Notice 4 Success
Notice [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Smarts [dice]6[/dice]
Wild [dice]7[/dice]

Late Evening

Delilah shook her head at Randy.

“It’s okay, Brute. Focus,” she called out to the big man. “The only ones to be angry at right now are the people shooting at us.” From the cover of her derelict car, Delilah rose up a bit, her hand glowing with energy, and fired off at the AEGIS soldiers.
Shooting -3 Critical Fail
Since I didn’t actually take an action last post, here it is
-2 medium range, -2 cover
Shooting [dice]8[/dice]
Wild [dice]9[/dice]
Damage 10
[dice]10[/dice]
Conditions
  • Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
  • Super Agility: d12
Character Tracker
Adventure Cards:
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Collateral Damage
[dice]0[/dice] = 2S
Looming Threat (Spades): The hero’s actions have caused a chain reaction of events that will threaten the entire area if not stopped within three rounds (a power plant goes critical, a dam breaks, the fireworks factory is on fire, etc.).
Signature
Mitchell Maxwell
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

Free Action: Activate Damage Field: Any bad guy that gets within a MBT (4”) of me takes 5d6 damage and it's considered a heavy weapon. Selective to not harm any of the group.

Telekinetic Action(s): Grab two cars and make a makeshift wall out of them. This will use the Power Stunt rules and I will spend a Benny to use Matter Control with the Requires Material Limitation to create a barrier that I can maintain within 12” with a Toughness of 18. I think since I am not attacking, I can maintain this passively for 3 rounds.

Action: Persuade the agents that this isn’t worth it.

Persuasion: [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]
Since I can't 'see' them, this probably has a penalty to it. Even if I got a bonus for power use, its still a complete failure.
The debris around the tunnel again starts to rise and whirl around, this time a lost faster and a lot more deadly. The pieces of concrete, rebar, and random junk seem to avoid the team almost as if they had a mind of their own. Mitchell floats out of the manhole and straight up, the telekinetic storm forming a sphere around him. The helicopters and agents are not quite caught in junk whirlwind but it's evident that if they get any closer, things could go bad for them quickly.

Mitchell then gestures towards a pickup truck and car parked closed by. The vehicles rise and then then slam together and flatten into a makeshift barrier that moves to position itself between the agents and the group.

“Everyone! The car-wall will provide protection. I will do what I can to keep it between us and the agents. To those of you attacking us, leave us alone and let us pass or this will end badly for you!”
Walker
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Walker »

Notice and Sorcery rolls
Notice [dice]0[/dice]

Matter Shaping Create a Stone Barrier.
Spell Casting [dice]2[/dice] -2 included from using Matter Master & Range 24" diameter = 288'.
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]

Meta Detail this is to separate the battle from the innocents. Most of the group would be outside (or inside as their preference). Walker will leave to join them next turn.

Free Action Activates Bracers
Looking around at everyone jumping into action and preparing to fight the Agis guards for no reason when there was a perfectly valid escape option Walker is a little annoyed. To top it off he had directed most of his power into his health so the risks of this battle could see someone hurt. Looking at Delilah's daughter Walker decides the best thing to do is mitigate some of the potential damage before the child gets hurt.
"Why must young people always be so impulsive. This is exactly what they want video of for their news broadcasts. I better go find summer and make sure she remains unharmed, then do what I can to keep these poor homeless men and women from harm."
Then looking around Walker sees Summer being protected by her mom, and diverts his attention to the homeless people. "I and really sorry about this trouble friends." With some concentration, waving of his cane and mumbling of arcane words Walker creates a giant arcing dome of stone 2' thick, and almost 300' diameter and arced to deflect attacks away from the people who could be injured just this side of Brute, not wanting to inhibit his access to his targets and have his wall destroyed.
Walker (Rob T)

Current Status

Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Countdown to Disaster
As agents set up a kill zone and choppers search the area above them the heroes stay underground trying to determine a course of action. For his part Gothm melds with the earth and disappears, but it is Brute who makes the biggest move. Leaping up through the roof of the tunnel he bursts onto the street. While he breaks through debris and rubble cloud his vision for a moment making it almost impossible to see the agents (-4 to visual rolls for this round only) but they can certainly see him.

Three power armor agents on the roof open fire with sci-fi blaster rifles hitting the big target with ease. In the sky the choppers begin to vector toward the big guy, their machine guns ready to fire if needed. The other power armor agents hold their fire, knowing Marduk is in the vicinity somewhere. During the distraction Raith is able to move unseen to an abandoned storefront and hide in the shadows and Delilah makes a quick move behind an old car.

Marduk runs at blazing speed toward the ground based agents. For his trouble he is also met with a hail of blaster fire from the three ground based power armors. He is so fast one misses by a mile, but the other two are uncannily accurate and hit him as he approaches. The rest are easily able to scatter and avoid his webbing.

Then the walls go up. Rebar and cars as Mitchell makes a makeshift barrier between the heroes and the agents. While behind Brute, Walker sets up a barrier to protect the group of vagrants who fled from Randy.

Seeing a large wall between the heroes and the vagrants, one of the helicopters fires a missile into a building behind Walker’s barrier. The old structure teeters and totters on the verge of collapse...right on top of the group of homeless people. Now the heroes have the unfortunate reality of armed agents in front of them and the impending doom of innocents behind them!
Blaster Damage to Brute
Blast 1: 16, AP 4
Blast 2: 23, AP 4
Blast 3: 5, AP 4
Blaster Damage to Marduk
Blast 1: 8, AP 4
Blast 2: 26, AP 4
OOC Comments
Storm Clock: 3 rounds
Impending Doom Clock: 3 rounds
Initiative
AEGIS [dice]0[/dice] = 7S
HEROES [dice]1[/dice]
reroll [dice]2[/dice] = JS
Signature
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hexx »

OOC Comments
So, moving an additional 6" forward via Burrowing, which should let Gothm be someplace between the two clusters of agents--putting them all within 12" of where he comes up.

Now, breaking out one of the fun rules in the SPC for this--Power Stunts. Specifically, spending a Bennie to use Animal Control as Fear for one round. Since I've got a high enough rank in Animal Control, this will actually be given the Terror Modifier (+2, giving the one-round Fear effect a total value of 5).

So, all enemies have to roll Fear Checks at -2, plus any modifiers appropriate for the Power Armor (it probably gives a +2 to +4 bonus to the roll, because it's probably sealed, and thus the users will only have their instinctive terror going, not any practical concerns).

Gothm presses on for a moment, then emerges from the street, a huge, tottering mass of... something forming next to him--which almost instantly collapses to the ground, making itself more clearly an utterly absurd number of spiders, ranging from tiny banana spiders up to the sorts of things one sees in nature documentaries about Australia. These quickly resolve into roughly five equally sized clusters, moving like living carpeting--three towards the group on the building, and two more towards the soldiers on the ground. And in the backs of the agent's skulls, the lizard-brain starts to scream, "Run AWAY!"
Rising Star
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Powers:
Fearless
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

Marduk feels the blaster shot pierce his armor, his heavy armor might shake off this kind of blow but this is just the armor frame. It hurts...a LOT. He also sees the missile aimed at the building, now that just makes him mad...hitting at your OWN people to get to the enemy is Scorched Earth tactics, to him that is insane.

Well, they might not care, but Marduk does. These are innocents...and paying customers. The first rule of success in business, and make no mistake, organized crime is a business, is that a satisfied customer is a repeat customer. Dead customers, on the other hand, are nothing, they can not pay again...and worse, if they were paying for protection and it was not provided...and they somehow survive, it is bad for your reputation.

So, Marduk has to finish dealing with these goons, and save the innocents.

Now...how do you get the people to safety without hurting them? Encase the in Crash Webbing of course.

He was planning to turn to wrap the goons up anyhow, so rush past and turn, tightening the web around them, and using the web as a drag line to help him turn quicker. Throw two more lines at solid connection points far enough away from the building and spin out all three lines behind him while headed back to the people he needs to protect. He needs to rapidly spin a web around the people to help cushion the acceleration, then retract the lines attached to the web drawing everyone to a point safely away from the building before it collapses...he can not exert that kind of force directly, but his web spinner can control the webbing enough that possibly it will work.
OOC Comments
Agility [dice]0[/dice] Wild agility [dice]1[/dice] to maneuver at speed
Spend a Bennie to shrug off damage: Vigor [dice]2[/dice] Wild Vigor [dice]3[/dice]
Explanation: The Marduk Armor systems help stabilize damage to the user
Engineering [dice]4[/dice] Wild Engineering [dice]5[/dice] To use the Webcaster to save the civilians
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
Mr. Raith
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Mr. Raith »

notice 10 stealth 11
ACE: [dice]14[/dice]

WILD dye+2: [dice]3[/dice]
combat contingency
Fighting R-Hand: [dice]4[/dice]
WILD dye: [dice]5[/dice]
1st attack: 10
  • Spectral Strike Damage R-hand (6AP, HW): [dice]12[/dice] + [dice]10[/dice] + 4
    WILD dye: [dice]8[/dice]
    ACE: [dice]15[/dice]
    1st damage: 30 (6AP, HW)
    ATK Raise bonus damage if needed: [dice]16[/dice]
Fighting L-(Off)Hand: [dice]6[/dice]
WILD dye: [dice]7[/dice]
2nd attack: 5
  • Spectral Strike Damage L-hand (6AP, HW): [dice]13[/dice] + [dice]11[/dice] + 4
    WILD dye: [dice]9[/dice]
    2nd damage: 17 (6AP, HW)
    ATK Raise bonus damage if needed: [dice]17[/dice]
    ACE: [dice]18[/dice]
    2nd ACE: [dice]19[/dice]
VV wrote:Three power armor agents on the roof open fire with sci-fi blaster rifles
Raith moves his head a fraction of an inch and gauges the distance between himself and the power armor units on the nearby rooftop raining fire down on the group, deciding whether or not he can reach them in one teleportation or if he will need to blink to another hidey-hole in between first.

Once he adequately estimates the range he activates his comm and in a calm, even tone of voice with just a hint of mockery says, "I just want to take this opportunity to note that I am not the one who started this little dance. I...wouldn't want anyone to blame me for what happens next."
He then disappears and reappears at his target.
summary
Raith will teleport behind nearest power armor if it's within range (12'') and attack it with 2 Spectral Strike melee attacks; if he can teleport adjacent to 2 PA he will do that and attack each one time
If the PA are not within range he will try to port close enough to get them next round, seeking a stealthy place to remain hidden
Last edited by Mr. Raith on Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mr. Raith
Mr. Raith
Dead Soul
Walker
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Walker »

Notice 13, Common Knowledge 6, The Serpents Tongue 9
Notice [dice]0[/dice] Aced [dice]6[/dice]

Common Knowledge
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Smarts Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]

The Serpents Tongue
Spellcasting [dice]4[/dice] -2 from changing spells included
Spellcasting Wild [dice]5[/dice] -2 from changing spells included
  • Benny to Reroll (Elan + Multiple Action Cancel each Other)
    Spellcasting [dice]7[/dice]
    Spellcasting Wild [dice]8[/dice] Wild Aced [dice]9[/dice]
1 - Increase Flight a Level Flight 12" (2), Gorgon Staff (-2) minimum cost 1
5 - Mind Control (5) +2 Additional Minds (+2), Gorgon Staff (-2)

"Summer please tell me you are recording all this crazy stuff on one of those cell phones teenagers always use." Working as hard as he can to continue maintaining barriers between the innocents and the foolish Agis agents. Walker simply looses his temper when he sees on of the agents actually decide to deliberately target a group of innocents. "Now that is enough of that." Flying into the middle of them and targeting the crews of the Helicopter that fire the missiles he focuses his mind pulling in all his arcane strength and says is a voice that ripples with a serpent like rasp as if a thousand snakes where in the mans head. "Crash into each other please it would help me protect the civilians." His voice channeled by magic into the mind of the pilot grabs him and forces compliance.
Dividing his will he uses his other hand call call up an angled lento over the homeless people to deflect away the falling debris.

Suicidal order will allow a second roll for them versus a 13
Spellcasting [dice]10[/dice]
Spellcasting Wild [dice]11[/dice] Wild Aced again [dice]12[/dice]
Walker (Rob T)

Current Status

Mitchell Maxwell
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]7[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]0[/dice]

Damage Field: [dice]1[/dice] 15 damage to Chopper #1 considered a heavy weapon

Fighting Check against Chopper#2:[dice]2[/dice] + [dice]8[/dice] + [dice]9[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]= 23 just touch and stop rotor. +2 for touch attack -1 for concentration on barrier.

Opposed Spirit Check against Power Armor #1: [dice]4[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]5[/dice] + [dice]10[/dice] =10 total
Target flies [dice]6[/dice] 8 inches (48 ft) if successful

Action: Fly up amongst choppers so they are in damage field and toss a suit of power armor off the roof.

Extra Telekinetic Action 1: Stop rotor of second helicopter.

Extra Telekinetic Action 2: Maintain barrier.
Mitchell grits his teeth and curses under his breath as the missile is loosed from the chopper towards the bystanders. He moves up to place himself so that the debris field catches one of the choppers and then reaches out with his mind to exert 5 tons of force onto the rotors of the second chopper. Almost as an afterthought, he waves his hand in a dismissive gesture towards one of the power armor troopers on the roof sending him flying off the roof in the opposite direction of the firefight.

“Damn them. Firing a missle into a building just because.”

Seeing Walker fly up next to him and hearing him command the pilots, Mitchell’s scowl turns into a half smirk.

“Make sure you let them know to get off your lawn, too!”
Randy

Post by Randy »

OOC Comments

Assuming Agility for landing:
Agility:[dice]2[/dice]

+2 For Wild Attack
Fighting:[dice]4[/dice]
Wild:[dice]5[/dice] (Should be 4 higher I am special)

Damage if Necessary:
[dice]6[/dice]
[dice]7[/dice]
+2 for Wild Attack
Possible Ace: [dice]8[/dice]
Smiling with his ax in hand, Randy taps Brute on the shoulder. "Hey big guy! I got an idea! Throw me in the thick of that group!" He then points at the large group of guys nearby.

If Brutes ops to throw Randy:
Randy swings his ax in a wild attack at the nearest guy upon his landing.

Combat Edges of Note

Power Summary

Gear of Note
Bullets (.50), x100

Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Delilah Notice 3 Critical Fail, Agents
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Delilah Common Knowledge 4 Success
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Summer Notice 3 Fail
Notice [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Smarts [dice]6[/dice]
Wild [dice]7[/dice]

Late Evening

Summer looked over at the man and flipped open her phone. “This look like a good phone to you?” she asked him. “It sucks! It’s a damn flip phone!” She lifted her head out of the giant hole in the ground Brute had made and stuck her phone up. “I can take pictures, but not video.”

“Language, young lady!” Delilah yelled back to her daughter. “And get your head down!”

“How the he-eck did she hear that? Stupid super hearing,” Summer muttered, ducking down again.

Delilah saw the missile slam into the building and the building start to topple. It looked like Marduk and Walker had it handled, though. Someone needed to get into the Aegis agents’ faces, though, so they couldn’t shoot them. But it was still a long way to them. If she augmented her speed, she could get to them.

Delilah shifted the energy in her nanites to her legs, feeling the surge in her muscles. Then she sprinted across the gap, vaulting over the makeshift barricade in front of the agents even as Randy came soaring in.

Careful not to get surrounded, Delilah picked an agent at the end of their firing line and slammed her fist into him.
Fighting 4
Fighting [dice]8[/dice]
Wild [dice]9[/dice]
Damage 14
[dice]10[/dice]
Conditions
*Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
*Super Speed: 2 x Pace
*Delilah in melee with gate agents, 18” to roof agents, 6” from gate
*Summer in hole 18” from gate and roof agents, 24” from gate; cover
Character Tracker
Adventure Cards:
Brute
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Brute »

Notice 4, Success. Spirit 8, Unshaken
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

To Unshake
Spirit Die [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]
With his vision clearing Brute starts to lurch forward towards the enemy agents when he is struck by several energy blasts. One is a solid enough hit to make him falter for a moment but it hardly even slows him down.
Randy wrote:Smiling with his ax in hand, Randy taps Brute on the shoulder. "Hey big guy! I got an idea! Throw me in the thick of that group!" He then points at the large group of guys nearby.
The shout from the little guy behind him once again gives him pause. With a confused look on his face Brute agrees to the strange request. "Uh, ok, if Randy think dat a good idea."

Grabbing Randy by his equipment harness Brute launches himself towards the agents in front of him and then launches Randy too! Whether due to beginner's luck or just because of prevailing winds, Brute's first attempt at tossing a human goes well and Randy flies unerringly towards one of the agents in front of them.
Throwing 4, Success
Throwing Die [dice]4[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]5[/dice]

Since Randy will well under my load limit range should be 6/12/24 and the range to the agents should be 6 but he's an improvised weapon :lol: so -1 to the throw.
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Stunts
Reaching deep into primordial forces that underlie every human being, Gothm is able to tap deep fears and concerns. Bringing forward the force of nature that causes us to fight, flee, or freeze. And it works. Upon seeing spiders cover the entire area some of the agents run for cover, other stand horrified as they are enveloped by crawling spiders, some scream and try to brush the creatures off to no effect. Even the power armor soldiers are rattled as one of them takes a jet assisted leap off the building, landing on the sidewalk with a thud and trying to shake off the spiders covering his suit.

All of the agents are in complete disarray, as those able to withstand the fer try to deal with the panic of those around the. What was once a disciplined crossfire kill zone has turned into a frenetic frenzy. As if it all wasn’t frighting enough, Raith appears in the midst of the rooftop - a ghost amidst the spiders - incapacitating one armored trooper and visibly wounding a second one. Never one to miss a chance to hit someone while they are down, Randy climbs into Brute’s arms and the big guy launches him into the confused mob of agents blocking the gate to the marine terminal. Some duck for cover at his approach, a few manage to fire off half-hearted bursts from their energy rifles or automatic weapons but Randy comes up in their midst relatively unscathed and quickly cuts through the nearest agent with his ax. Behind him Deliah breaks through the blockade and hits an agent hard, sending him reeling backward (shaken).

While the agents are in disarray some of the heroes turn their attention to the fallen building. Marduk uses his web to create a net and pull the crowd of vagrant to safety. The inside of the web net is a mass of writhing arms and legs as people are pulled away unexpectedly, and somewhat unwillingly. Some see the building teetering above them and begin to claw and scrape to get out of the net, thinking they are being trapped instead of rescued (OCC: Strength check -2, if successful it will take one more round to pull them to safety).

Above it all the helicopters circle the chaos trying to figure out what to do, when Mitchell appears in their midst causing them to juke and jinx to avoid his damage field. Then suddenly - at Walker’s suggestion - it strikes two of them as a good idea to crash into one another. Against all their training and better judgement, two of the pilots set on a direct collision course for each other. The two choppers collide and explode in a flaming mess. Parts shower down to the street above falling on hero and agent alike.

The ruined street scape is given eerie illumination from flaming wreckage of the helicopters while the whoosh of still spinning rotors and the piercing screams of men and women create a raucous soundtrack. The whole scene looks like a shot from an anti-ARES propaganda video.
Butchers Bill
Storm Clock: 2 rounds
Impending Doom Clock: 2 rounds
  • Raith killed one power armor unit and shook another one, he is on the rooftop with one power armor and a group of agents.
    Randy and Deliah are in the midst of the ground based agents, which includes the 3 ground based power armors
    Walker and Mitchell are in the air, and manage to take out all remaining helicopters
    Brute can close in with Randy and Delilah this round
    Marduk is attempting to pull the struggling crowd to safety
    Gothm is midway between both groups of agents, fear power in full force
Signature
Randy

Post by Randy »

Pulling the axe from a downed opponent Randy smiles especially when he notes that Delilah is partaking in the mayhem. Almost tauntingly Randy begins attacking whichever agent is stupid enough to be the closest to him. "What's the matter boys?! You guys ambushed us!"

Swinging at a trooper's midsection, "What do you guys not have the stomach for this?!" After each swing he continues to verbally jab them and their moms.
OOC Comments
Rapid Attack:
Fighting: [dice]0[/dice]
Fighting: [dice]1[/dice]
Fighting: [dice]2[/dice]
Wild: [dice]3[/dice]

Hit with Raise:
[dice]4[/dice]
[dice]5[/dice]
Total: 24 AP1
Second hit with Raise:
[dice]6[/dice]
[dice]7[/dice] Ace: [dice]8[/dice]
Total: 26 AP1

Combat Edges of Note

Power Summary

Gear of Note
Bullets (.50), x100

Brute
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Brute »

Notice 14
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Wild Die Ace [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die Ace [dice]3[/dice]
Rapid Attack 8, 5, 4. Parry -2 until next round.
Rapid Attack Die [dice]4[/dice]
Rapid Attack Die [dice]5[/dice]
Rapid Attack Die [dice]6[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]7[/dice]
Rapid Attack -4, Fighting +3, Total Penalty -1
With a roar Brute is finally in among his enemies who scramble to get out of his way with, unfortunately, some success. "Brute teach puny sojer men not to pick on Brute and his friend. Arrgggh!" The first soldier ducks under a mighty backhanded swing while the second rolls away as Brute brings down his massive fist, starring the pavement. The third agent is not so lucky, however, as Brute's fist catches him center mass and sends him flying a good twenty yards to land in a groaning heap.
Damage 44, Non Lethal, Knockback 10 in.
Strength [dice]8[/dice]
Strength Ace [dice]10[/dice]
Melee Attack [dice]9[/dice]
Melee Ace [dice]11[/dice]
Knockback [dice]12[/dice]
HW, Non-lethal
Last edited by Brute on Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hexx »

Gothm frowns at the carnage that has taken place in the short time he was underground. "So... we're NOT trying to not seem to be terrorists now?" he mutters to no one in particular. "Very well; they should be able to survive this, but perhaps it will make it easier for the fools to understand that it's time to leave."

Of course, just because he's not directing the spiders doesn't mean they've stopped acting--they're just now operating on their prior instructions, rushing the guards and stinging.

Walking towards the blockade, Gothm calls upon the Mother again, focusing on whichever side of the breach made by Delilah and Randy has the most soldiers remaining--giving preference to those in battle armor. The response of the wind isn't immediate, but it IS dramatic, as it forms a massive cyclone.
OOC Comments
5 Spider Swarms, each attacking a different guy not in power armor (since they're Small Burst Templates, it's just one per swarm):
Targets suffer an automatic 2d4 to their least-armored location:
Damage1: [dice]0[/dice]; ACE Running total: [dice]6[/dice]
Damage2: [dice]1[/dice]: 5 damage
Damage3: [dice]2[/dice]: 2 damage
Damage4: [dice]3[/dice]: 4 damage
Damage5: [dice]4[/dice]: 4 damage

Sheesh. 10d4, and I got ONE Ace. Bypassing armor means that that one is actually Shaken; the others are only given incidental welts that they can ignore for now.

Meanwhile, he invokes Whirlwind:
Large Burst Template, dropped either to R&D's left or right, as will catch as many of the Agents as possible without snagging his allies (though he did consider snatching up Randy, too); I'm figuring that's probably 5-6 agents total, mixed group of Battle Armor and normal troopers. All within the area of effect have to roll Strength -2, or they get tossed 1d10" (roll 1d12 for each tossed guy to determine direction, or just say, "scattered", if you prefer).

Anyone thrown suffers damage:
If they just get thrown: [dice]5[/dice]
If they also happen to hit a wall: [dice]7[/dice]
Even if they do not suffer enough damage from being tossed, they are also automatically Shaken (but this doesn't mean that someone Shaken by the damage then suffers a Wound--Shaken is just the minimum effect of being thrown).
Rising Star
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Powers:
Fearless
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Delilah Notice 3 Crit Fail, Agents
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Ace [dice]10[/dice]
Summer Notice 5 Success
Notice [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Smarts [dice]6[/dice]
Wild [dice]7[/dice]

Late Evening

Delilah had hit the AEGIS agent, leaving him reeling back from her, but not down, so she pressed her advantage. She winced at Randy’s bloodied delight. She was never supposed to have been a fighter herself. She was a scientist, not a psychopath.

Delilah focused, switching her nanites to increase her strength, and then punched the reeling agent again.

Summer popped up and snapped some pictures of Marduk rescuing civilians from the falling building while Aegis agents stood by.

Conditions
*Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
*Super Strength: +2 die type Strength (d10)
*Delilah in melee with gate agents, 18” to roof agents, 6” from gate
*Summer in hole 18” from gate and roof agents, 24” from gate; cover
Fighting 8 Success
Fighting [dice]8[/dice]
Wild [dice]9[/dice]
Extra Effort [dice]11[/dice]
Damage 13
[dice]12[/dice]+[dice]13[/dice]
Character Tracker
Adventure Cards:
Mitchell Maxwell
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

Damage Field [dice]2[/dice] 21 damage HW non-lethal

Spirit [dice]3[/dice] + [dice]6[/dice] + [dice]8[/dice] =22
Wild Die [dice]4[/dice]

Spirit [dice]5[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]7[/dice] =5

Action: Mitchell will fly over to the rooftop and land among the agents, pummeling them with debris. He will attempt to jerk the blaster from the power armor agent’s hand and throw it off the roof (first opposed spirit).

First Extra Telekinetic Action: He will then pick the power armor agent up and hold him helpless over the side of the building (second opposed spirit)

Second Extra Telekinetic Action: If Wraith is willing, he will carry him down to the group on the ground.

Mitchell watches the helicopters plummet to the ground below. Wincing, he felt bad until he reminded himself they fired missiles into innocent civilians.

That won’t be the narrative, though. I’m sure this will get pinned on us. Might as well smile for whatever cameras are rolling.

“Well Walker, looks like the skies are clear and it also appears our friends have things well under control on the ground. I’m going to head over to the rooftop and pick up Mr. Raith. Care to join me? I am sure he will be thrilled that the ‘old man’ and the ‘blind man’ came to give him a ride.”

Mitchell then flies off to the rooftop with Wratih causing the agents to scatter or be pummeled with whirling debris. The blaster the power armor agent is carrying goes flying through the air and is lost somewhere in the chaos below. Mitchell then raises his hand to his temple as the power armor agent struggles against the mental force he is projecting.

"Mr. Wraith, I'm here to offer transportation back to the group if you'd like"
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

Marduk knows this will be tough, he is hurt and the suit only has basic servos set up, he really should not be able to do this...not using his own strength at least.

That is why is is not using his strength...his web device can move his webbing once created with far greater strength than he is able to get from his arms with their current servomotors. He will use both though, what strength he can exert and his control over the webbing. Hopefully between the twom it will work...
OOC Comments
if I recall, I am at -2 on this, therefore I have pit in the -2 on the dice...however I think my matter control has a strength of d12+2, so I listed it as d12
Knowledge: Engineering [dice]0[/dice] Wild Engineering [dice]1[/dice] = 4
Strength [dice]2[/dice] Wild Strength [dice]3[/dice] = 2
Matter Control (Webbing) [dice]4[/dice] Wild Web [dice]5[/dice]
Benny spent for re-roll on Matter Control (this set of fumbles is getting ridiculous) [dice]6[/dice] [dice]7[/dice] = 7
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
Mr. Raith
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Mr. Raith »

notice 9
-ACE: [dice]14[/dice]
With a look of mild annoyance painted on his face Raith looks up from the 2 downed power armor troopers at his feet only to see the other AEGIS goons scatter from arachnophobia and the Blind Man's telekinetic tempest. He pulls his marble-like hand out of the guts of an unfortunate trooper's crumpled armor and narrows his eyes on them. "That won't do."

As the Blind Man asks him if he wants a ride, Raith suddenly appears in the midst of the fleeing agents like a thresher in a field of wheat.
combat
Fighting R-Hand: [dice]2[/dice]
1st attack: 8
  • Spectral Strike Damage R-hand (6AP, HW): [dice]4[/dice] + [dice]5[/dice] + 4
    -ACE: [dice]15[/dice]
    -ACE: [dice]16[/dice]
    -2nd ACE: [dice]18[/dice]
    WILD dye: [dice]6[/dice]
    1st damage: 37 (6AP, HW)
    ATK Raise bonus damage if needed: [dice]7[/dice]
    -ACE: [dice]17[/dice]
Fighting L-(Off)Hand: [dice]8[/dice]
WILD dye: [dice]9[/dice]
2nd attack: 6
  • Spectral Strike Damage L-hand (6AP, HW): [dice]10[/dice] + [dice]11[/dice] + 4
    WILD dye: [dice]12[/dice]
    2nd damage: 21 (6AP, HW)
    ATK Raise bonus damage if needed: [dice]13[/dice]
summary
Raith will teleport within reach of the maximum number of fleeing agents and attack the 2 he thinks are the strongest
Mr. Raith
Mr. Raith
Dead Soul
Walker
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Walker »

Looking at all the damage being caused ot only by the Agis agents, but also by those who used to be ARES Walker is discouraged and frustrated. “Why is it necessary to prove their arguments? Can we not simply stop them and escape? There is no rational reason for all of this damage and murders.” Looking at Mitchell Walker says louder. “I need to get these fools to stop attacking and start running before Randy and Mr. Raith kill anymore.” With those words he continues to maintain his barriers, flies into the middle of the soldiers and roars with the strength of an ancient dragon. Turning intangible he flies above the enemies to see how many flee, hoping everyone will escape now.
Game Mechanics
Move to center of enemies.
-2 Fear roll in 12” area as free action.
Turn Intangible (actual Action)
Remaining Movement straight up so he can appraise everything.

Fear (3), Terror -2 to roll to resist (+2), Staff (-2)
Spellcasting [dice]0[/dice] (includes d12+4 base and -2 for improvised spell)
Spellcasting Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

The remainder of the points are used to increase his Flight to Pace x2”
As soon as the Fear activates he turns Intangible and
Walker (Rob T)

Current Status

Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Collateral Damage
[dice]0[/dice] = Joker
[dice]1[/dice] = 7H Tragedy Strikes (Hearts). An innocent bystander has been incapacitated. It may be possible to save her by acting on the next round only.
[dice]2[/dice] = Joker!
[dice]3[/dice] = QS Looming Threat (Spades). The hero’s actions have caused a chain reaction of events that will threaten the entire area if not stopped within three rounds (a power plant goes critical, a dam breaks, the fireworks factory is on fire, etc.).
[dice]4[/dice] = 10C Traffic Jam (Clubs). Items or debris enter the battlefield (cars pile up, building falls over, the street melts into liquid asphalt, etc.) turning the entire area of play into difficult terrain
Signature

Return to “Archive”