1.2 Helios Academy

KahlessNestor

1.2 Helios Academy

Post by KahlessNestor »

Date: Monday, 11 November, 2019
Time: 0655
Weather: Temperature 40 degrees warmer for season (unseasonably warm); no wind; light rain
Scene Modifiers
  • Light: Bright
  • Visibility: Clear
Round 0

Caleb shook his head at Kat. “No one is making her,” he said. “We have the technology. We are making an offer. If she doesn’t want to use it, no one will make her, and we will adjust campus security as necessary. But she is still safer here than out on her own.”

Tamar hurried over as Shanice reacted to her new reflection from the image inducer.

“It’s okay, hon,” Tamar said soothingly. “It’s just an illusion. Yer still you,” she assured, leading Shanice away a bit to give her some privacy from the others. There was a break room off the hanger, and they went there. Tamar got a bottle of water and handed it to Shanice.

“Have a drink. Ah’m heah if ya wanna talk about it, sugah,” she told Shanice kindly.

"That's pretty cool. Do those come in 'disguise' mode too?" Constance asked. "Like, to look like someone totally different?"

“At the moment, no,” Dr. Helios said. “I felt something like that too prone to mischief in the hands of teenagers,” he said with an amused smile. “I suppose it could be developed, should we need it.”

"I would like to be able to switch forms. Controlled switching of forms," Caelian said.

Dr. Helios pulled something else from a pocket and handed it to Caelian. It was a gold Rolex. “Press this button to activate,” he told the large boy. “It will shut down your powers and you will revert to your former teenage form. Press again to turn the suppressor off and enlarge again.” He paused. “Unfortunately your clothes won’t size with you,” he told Caelian. “You might want to carry spares.”

Rob offered his own abilities to help Caelian too. “That will also work,” Dr. Helios acknowledged.

Team:
Rob Marks/Volo
Cailean Blythe/Highlander
Jason Konig/????
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Katherine “Kat” Wilhelm/Hexx
Constance Abels/Chance
Shanice Walker/Winger

GM Bennies: 7/7
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: 1.2 Helios Academy

Post by Probe »

Sam comments after putting his thoughts together, "My parents...I was out in my work shed when I was taken...but can you tell me if they are all right, and is it possible to let them know I am too so they don't worry or think I ran away or something?"

Well, that one was not too bad. He just needs to put a bit more time into it to be clear...well at least sometimes.
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 1

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hexx »

Kat shrugs at Caleb, observing Shanice's reaction to the pendant's power. "She seems fine with it in any case." Of course you didn't address what happens when our cover finally does get blown, she thinks to herself. Somehow it doesn't occur to her to ask for further clarification, almost as if shed rather not have her suspicions debunked.
Katarina "Kat" Wilhelm, aka Hexx
Rising Star
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6 (d8/d12+1), Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
Skills: Athletics d6 (Throwing d12); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d8; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Humiliate: Free Reroll on Taunt Tests
Strong-Willed: +2 on Smarts/Spirit Opposed Resistance Rolls
Bennies: 3/3
Powers:
Jinx: Foes Mishap on 1 or 2
Switch 1: Negation: RTA (Throwing), Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Switch 2: Malfunction: 12", Spirit (0/-2/-4/-6) + Super-Attribute Spirit III
Switch 3: Attack, Ranged III, 12/24/48, 3d10 Damage, 1 Round Delay, Always Innocent Bystanders
Gifted: Never Unskilled
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be hit, Agility to evade AoE
Danger Sense: Notice to start combat on Hold when ambushed
Fearless
Super-Attribute: Spirit
Super-Skills: Taunt, Athletics/Throwing
Buffy Laskaris

Post by Buffy Laskaris »

Chance sat back as it all kept sinking in, and after a moment she said, "It's good we'll have a place to lay low, but it seems to me that we shouldn't just hide. There has to be a way to put all this out there. We need to let people know what's going on. Sooner or later it's going to come out, and I know we have to be careful about it, but if we're the ones that control the story then we have the advantage."

"Otherwise we're letting people like...like these companies...control the narrative and they can get away with literally anything."
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

"I will work with what I have."

"Could use someone's help in helping me shave and get a haircut. Never really did that on my own."

When @Chance mentions exposure and helping others be aware, Cailean nods his head. "Might want to start with some obscure media sources. Where material is likely to be less tampered with but where evidence is readily available to back up the stories."

"Get the stories established in subtle ways. Maybe one or two paragraphs at a time. A few months later move the stories to bigger media sources, following the same pattern. A solid trail of reported evidence over several months or even a couple of years and it will be hard to refute the evidence and your findings."
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Time: 0700
Weather: Temperature 40 degrees warmer for season (unseasonably warm); no wind; light rain
Scene Modifiers
Round 0

"My parents...I was out in my work shed when I was taken, but can you tell me if they are all right, and is it possible to let them know I am too so they don't worry or think I ran away or something?" Sam asked.

“We have sent persons to your parents to explain the situation,” Dr. Helios told Sam. “You will all be allowed to call them soon. And we will meet with them to discuss your education here at the academy. Nexus was trying to be as discreet as possible with your capture. I am sorry they were not as discrete with Mr. Blythe,” he said sadly.

"It's good we'll have a place to lay low, but it seems to me that we shouldn't just hide. There has to be a way to put all this out there. We need to let people know what's going on. Sooner or later it's going to come out, and I know we have to be careful about it, but if we're the ones that control the story then we have the advantage."

"Otherwise we're letting people like...like these companies...control the narrative, and they can get away with literally anything," Constance insisted.

“It is a subtle game, Ms. Abels,” Dr. Helios agreed. “However, at the moment, Nexus has the upper hand in public opinion after the Elkins incident. We need to begin changing public opinion. In the meantime, you and your new class need to learn to control these powers you have to avoid hurting anyone. And in the future, maybe put them to good use doing just what you suggest. We all have a role to play in the fight.”

Caelian added some more thoughts on the idea, and Dr. Helios smiled. “This sounds like it could be an excellent extracurricular activity for you and Miss Abels to work on,” he said.

“Let’s get them the tour, Doctor,” Tamar said with a smile. She and Caleb had moved to a set of double metal doors that led out of the hanger. On another wall was a heavy garage door that looked to head south.

The double doors led into a tunnel that was about a hundred yards long. It was well let, and ended in another set of strong metal doors. As they walked, they passed a door marked Generator.

Tamar pressed her hand to a palm reader beside the double doors and put her eye to an eye reader. There was a beep, and the doors unlocked.

Caleb pulled the doors open and ushered the teenagers into something that looked like it came out of some comic book. There was a large screen and some kind of control panel, and in the center of the room was a large table.

“This is our command center, as it were,” Caleb said. “We assess threats, and we can monitor the campus above us. I must stress that what we show you today, and you have seen so far, must be kept strictly confidential. It is for your own safety, as well as the safety of your fellow students who do not have special abilities. We rely mostly on the fact that no one knows we are here, and we are hard to detect. As they used to say, loose lips sink ships.”

“We have prepared rooms for you down here for you to occupy until we get you officially enrolled in the academy next semester,” Dr. Helios said. “Then you will move into the dorms. But you will still have access to this facility. We will be training you here as well.”

And then the tour began. Everything the new students were shown was high end luxury or next level technology. The hidden headquarters had a large kitchen, everything in burnished steel, with plenty of space, and walk in pantry, refrigerator, and freezer. It was clearly stocked for long term living, should it be needed.

Tamar rushed over to the oven. “Oh, the brownies!”

The rest of the tour was conducted with delicious, freshly hot, melt in your mouth, triple chocolate brownies and a glass of ice cold milk in hand as they went through the large dining room in rich, dark woods with a massive table. On the walls were pictures of various people in costumes, recognizable as famous superheroes of the past, from Robin Hood in medieval England, to Zorro of colonial California, and even the Phantom and the Shadow from radio plays, on through the heroes of World War 2, the Liberty League. There was the United Nations Peace Force, and then the original Guardians. There were even photographs of the Soviet Red Sickles and Chinese Red Dragons. A few other national superheroes were also represented, and then finally there were group photographs of the three current Guardian teams, the original franchise in New York, the Windy City Guardians based in Chicago, and the West Coast Guardians. There was even smaller pictures of the new international Guardians franchises based in Buenos Aires, London, Mumbai, and Sydney. In all of them multi-billionaire tech industrialist Peter Venta stood smiling with the teams his company Force Majeure funded and sponsored.

The living room/rec room area was more conventionally decorated. Someone (*cough*Tamar*cough*) had put up motivational posters, including the cute kitten hanging desperately onto a branch with the words “Just Hang In There” on it. The big draw, of course, was the massive entertainment cabinet hooked up to a ginormous state of the art LED flatscreen on the wall. It had every gaming console one could imagine. There were even some classic pinball machines and a MAME cabinet, as well as pool and foosball tables. A couple of bookshelves held a library of board games and tabletop RPG books, as well as a small library for reading.

There was a state of the art computer center and a fully stocked infirmary. And the training room was like something straight out of Star Trek.

“This is a fully immersible three dimensional holo-simulator,” Caleb explained the blank room. “We can program anything we need into it. There are built in safeties, so you will like not get anything more than badly bruised, but you will feel it if you screw up,” he told them. “But we’ll work our way up to that.”

Finally, Tamar showed them to their rooms. There was a hallway with eight single rooms and a bathroom at each end. They were generously sized for single occupancy, but could double up easily if needed. Each smelled of fresh linen with perfectly made beds and fresh flowers in a vase on the desk. They had the bed, bedside table, desk with chair, and a closet.

On each desk, beside the flowers, was a blue and gold folder.

“These are yer orientation packets,” Tamar told them, picking up one of the folders and opening it. “Ya’ll will need ‘em when you move up to campus. They’ve got a campus map, yer dorm assignments, an’ class lists so ya’ll can pick your classes. There is some paperwork inside that we will need ya ta fill out before we meet with yer parents. It’ll allow us ta get yer high school transcripts so we can place ya appropriately.”

“During training, we will also give you some assessment tests to help us know where you are in your studies,” Dr. Helios added. “If anyone has any questions, we can deal with those now. Otherwise feel free to settle in and get some rest.”

“Lunch is at noon,” Tamar announced. “But don’t feel ya’ll need ta get up fer it. Ah’ll leave somethin’ in the kitchen for ya’ll whenever ya get hungry. Dinner is at six. Ya’ll’ve got the rest a the day to yerselves ta get ta know the place.”

“Training starts at six a.m. sharp tomorrow morning,” Caleb said.
Instructions
This was a bit of an information dump. This is where you will be living and training for the next two months before moving up to campus. Feel free to break in and ask questions and role play anywhere in the tour.

Team:
Rob Marks/Volo
Jason Konig/????
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Constance Abels/Chance
Shanice Walker/Winger

GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Highlander

Post by Highlander »

KahlessNestor wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:42 am
The living room/rec room area was more conventionally decorated. Someone (*cough*Tamar*cough*) had put up motivational posters, including the cute kitten hanging desperately onto a branch with the words “Just Hang In There” on it. The big draw, of course, was the massive entertainment cabinet hooked up to a ginormous state of the art LED flatscreen on the wall. It had every gaming console one could imagine. There were even some classic pinball machines and a MAME cabinet, as well as pool and foosball tables. A couple of bookshelves held a library of board games and tabletop RPG books, as well as a small library for reading.
CAilean froze at the sight of the TV. The memory of the night his father was killed flooded his mind.

He remembered the light from their big screen TV illuminating his father, broken up by the large sihlouttes of the NEXUS thugs. There had been some conversation but all Cailean could see was his father's response. "Go To Hell." The shadows raised their guns and unloaded into his father.

He saw the flashes of the TV on shell casings as they ejected from the weapons. He remembered the grunts from his father as his body was pelted by bullets. No other sounds came from his father.

Maybe it was something to be considered, but Cailean was uncertain of the signifcance. The NEXUS thugs had taken off with his father's body and the sofa his father had been sitting on. The shell casings were everywhere on the floor, and Cailean had gathered them all up. The ones under the entertainment centerwere the hardest to get. Some of the casings were smashed. What possessed him to take off his socks to collect the casings, he could not remember.

Even the brushing past of the rest of the kids did little to bring him out of his memories. His body seemed to shake with each retort of the guns. It was not until the last scenes in his mind finsihed playing out that he finally came to himself, and realized that the group had passed on to other areas of the facility.
KahlessNestor wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:42 am
There was a state of the art computer center and a fully stocked infirmary. And the training room was like something straight out of Star Trek.

“This is a fully immersible three dimensional holo-simulator,” Caleb explained the blank room. “We can program anything we need into it. There are built in safeties, so you will like not get anything more than badly bruised, but you will feel it if you screw up,” he told them. “But we’ll work our way up to that.”

The training rooms brought on a completely different side of Cailean. He walked in and ran a large hand over each machine and piece of training equipment. He stopped at some barbells and picked up a 25 pound weight. Hefting it with ease he slowly moved his way up to increasing weights. Putting the last barbell on the rack his eyes sparkled a little bit as he grasped the fully loaded rack with both massive hands.

Taking a deep breath, Cailean lifted the weights upto his chest several times. Completing several reps he set the weight back down in their rack on their original position on the training room floor. He looked over at Caleb, "Weight training maybe a problem with this form. Have any setups for Strongman competitions or American Ninja?"

At the mention of American Ninja competitions, Cailean half laughs and half cries. "My dad recommended the American Ninja as a physical accomplishment for me because I was not showing the muscle mass for MMA fighting. Now I could bring the entire Ninja setup down." With his hands held out, "It would be interesting to see how much I could lift."
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hexx »

Kat largely ignores the discussion of parents and Nexus, instead studying each room intensely.

“Let’s get them the tour, Doctor,” Tamar said with a smile. She and Caleb had moved to a set of double metal doors that led out of the hanger. On another wall was a heavy garage door that looked to head south.

The double doors led into a tunnel that was about a hundred yards long. It was well let, and ended in another set of strong metal doors. As they walked, they passed a door marked Generator.

Tamar pressed her hand to a palm reader beside the double doors and put her eye to an eye reader. There was a beep, and the doors unlocked.
Walking down the long tunnel, she trails one hand along the wall, tapping a nail rhythmically, tracking distance as best she can. When she sees the eye reader, she frowns, looking back down the tunnel to see if there's another reader on the inside of that end (which would mean you would need to be approved to leave that way).

Caleb pulled the doors open and ushered the teenagers into something that looked like it came out of some comic book. There was a large screen and some kind of control panel, and in the center of the room was a large table.

“This is our command center, as it were,” Caleb said. “We assess threats, and we can monitor the campus above us. I must stress that what we show you today, and you have seen so far, must be kept strictly confidential. It is for your own safety, as well as the safety of your fellow students who do not have special abilities. We rely mostly on the fact that no one knows we are here, and we are hard to detect. As they used to say, loose lips sink ships.”

“We have prepared rooms for you down here for you to occupy until we get you officially enrolled in the academy next semester,” Dr. Helios said. “Then you will move into the dorms. But you will still have access to this facility. We will be training you here as well.”
Kat is keenly interested in the command center, scanning the monitors to see if any of them are or at least seem to be displaying the interior of this underground base.

And then the tour began. Everything the new students were shown was high end luxury or next level technology. The hidden headquarters had a large kitchen, everything in burnished steel, with plenty of space, and walk in pantry, refrigerator, and freezer. It was clearly stocked for long term living, should it be needed.

Tamar rushed over to the oven. “Oh, the brownies!”

The rest of the tour was conducted with delicious, freshly hot, melt in your mouth, triple chocolate brownies and a glass of ice cold milk in hand as they went through the large dining room in rich, dark woods with a massive table.
OOC Comments
Thievery [dice:3mu1oa3h]59934:0[/dice:3mu1oa3h]
Wild Thievery [dice:3mu1oa3h]59934:1[/dice:3mu1oa3h]

Player error--she does not have the Thief Edge (yet), so just a 5. Still, a basic success.

The art of double-dip is a must-have for the motivated street rat. The key is the napkin or paper towel. Set your milk down,spread the napkin on your palm. Take the legit first brownie and set it on the napkin. Shift the brownie to your other hand, pass it over the platter; when the pass is finished a the platter will be missing a second brownie. Pick up the milk, start walking, nibbling the visible brownie slowly. When no one is watching, tuck the napkin into your pocket, letting it fold around the second brownie as you do so. Finish the primary brownie.
Kat rolled her eyes at the posters. "Great. Just needs a--" She cuts off, dashing towards the pinball games, picking one and playing a single ball in the time it takes everyone else to pass through.

"Ok, Hormones! Next time you wanna ogle girls in their underwear, just upload the Victoria's Secret catalogue!" Smirking, she continues on the tour.

Finally, Tamar showed them to their rooms. There was a hallway with eight single rooms and a bathroom at each end. They were generously sized for single occupancy, but could double up easily if needed. Each smelled of fresh linen with perfectly made beds and fresh flowers in a vase on the desk. They had the bed, bedside table, desk with chair, and a closet.

On each desk, beside the flowers, was a blue and gold folder.

“These are yer orientation packets,” Tamar told them, picking up one of the folders and opening it. “Ya’ll will need ‘em when you move up to campus. They’ve got a campus map, yer dorm assignments, an’ class lists so ya’ll can pick your classes. There is some paperwork inside that we will need ya ta fill out before we meet with yer parents. It’ll allow us ta get yer high school transcripts so we can place ya appropriately.”

“During training, we will also give you some assessment tests to help us know where you are in your studies,” Dr. Helios added. “If anyone has any questions, we can deal with those now. Otherwise feel free to settle in and get some rest.”
"Yeah, I have a question. You could afford a fully functional holodeck, but you've got four teenagers sharing each bathroom? Just how well do you actually know kids?"
“Lunch is at noon,” Tamar announced. “But don’t feel ya’ll need ta get up fer it. Ah’ll leave somethin’ in the kitchen for ya’ll whenever ya get hungry. Dinner is at six. Ya’ll’ve got the rest a the day to yerselves ta get ta know the place.”

“Training starts at six a.m. sharp tomorrow morning,” Caleb said.

To this last announcement, she just snorts. "Yeah, have fun with that." She goes into her room, shutting the door and picking up the folder to flip through it.
Rising Star
Skills: Athletics d6 (Throwing d12); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d8; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Powers:
Switch 1: Negation: RTA (Throwing), Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Switch 3: Attack, Ranged III, 12/24/48, 3d10 Damage, 1 Round Delay, Always Innocent Bystanders
Fearless
Winger

Post by Winger »

"Hey. It's okay. You're all right. We're here," Chance said, crouching down to hug Shanice's shoulders.

“It’s okay, hon,” Tamar said soothingly. “It’s just an illusion. Yer still you.”

-Shanice readily leaned into Chance's hug. She was cold and clammy and shuddering but not fighting an embrace. Between Chance and Tamar, they guide Shanice up to standing and Tamar leads her to a side room. She'll slowly let down her hand blocking her face, but only to clasp it over her other hand gripping the pendant to her chest. All she cares about is finding something reflective in the side room to continue staring at herself.

When Tamar cajoles her to drink water, she does automatically, not because she wants the interruption to her thoughts at all, but because of years of sports teaching her "drink first, think later."

After a bit she will follow Tamar out to the group. She is absolutely numb and silent, eyes darting constantly to whoever might be looking at her to see the expressions on their faces. She vaguely gravitates to standing by Chance, and vaguely happens to glance more often at Volo than the others.

The offer or brownies would be great if she weren't on the verge of hurling. She shakes her head stepping back from the wonderful smell.

When her room is pointed out, she is utterly deadpan, but gives a thumbsup.

When the bathroom at the end of the hall is pointed out, Shanice beelines for it. Clearing her sinuses and guts out and as much undressed visual checking as possible needs to go on in private. After that she'll wash up and head back to her room (unless pulled away for rp), she will leave a crack in her door and curl up in bed, and work through the real crying spell where she can muffle it with a pillow.-
Shanice "Winger" Walker
Character Sheet
Agility:d8
d4: Driving Piloting Stealth
d6: Athletics Fight
d12: Fight(ForceControl)

Smarts:d6
d4: Academics CommonKnowledge Electronics Healing Research Science Survival Taunt
d6: Notice

Spirit:d6
d4: Intimidate Performance Persuasion

Strength:d6
Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6)
Parry:6
Toughness:5(13w/FF)
Size:0
Build: Athletic

Hinderences: Maj:Caffeine, Min:Ruthless, Min:Loyal, Min:DeathWish, Min:DistinctApp
Edges: Linguist(Spa/Fre/ASL) TeamPlayer AB+PPE

ForceControl(8)+ForceField+Heavy
SuperSkill(3)Fighting(ForceControl)
Flight(5)48"/120mph
Burrowing(1)(req:Forcefield)
Parry(1) Deflection(1)
In Effect: Team Player
Bennies: 3
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Time: 0705
Scene Modifiers
Round 0

When Kat looked down the tunnel to the hanger, she didn’t see another reader. But there was one on the other side of the door to the control room, so she would need permission to get out.

On the monitors in the control room, there appeared to be only cameras at the entrances to the headquarters, at least the ones that were turned on. Main campus, however, had much better coverage.

Seeing Caelian lost in his memories in the rec room, Tamar put a hand sympathetically on the big boy’s arm. She gave him a soft smile and offered him another brownie.

"Weight training maybe a problem with this form. Have any setups for Strongman competitions or American Ninja?" Caelian asked Caleb.

“Better,” Caleb said. “We have maglocks to challenge your superstrength,” he told Caelian.

"Yeah, I have a question. You could afford a fully functional holodeck, but you've got four teenagers sharing each bathroom? Just how well do you actually know kids?" Kat asked.

Tamar smiled. “Ah think someone just volunteered f’rher first job on the chore chart!” she said. “They’re communal bathrooms, honey. You three girls can use that one,” she indicated, “An’ the boys will share th’other. Plenty of room fer ya’ll. An’ if ya need one, there’s a half bath near the livin’ room an’ dinin’ room.”

To the announcement of 6 am training, Kat snorted. "Yeah, have fun with that," and disappeared into her room.

Tamar shook her head and looked at Caleb. “Ah wouldn’t wanna be her come mornin’.”

Caleb just smiled. “I think I’ll have fun.”
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Winger

Post by Winger »

-The tour is followed, but very little else sinks in, unfortunately. The 'day' before yesterday she was betrayed Again by a 'nice' person, and tranqed and kidnapped for it. Yesterday she is really sure she killed two adults. She's going through everything her soldier father ever warned her about of the mental and emotional agony of the first time killing someone, on top of what little she's overheard her nurse mother talk about the helpelessness of watching patient die from crushing accidents. That day ended with passing out in a sci-fi shuttle next to a flamedemon Martha Stewart. Today she wakes up in an supervillian's evil lair, but for good, and her necklace makes everything wrong with her life and all the bullying and hazing and crying and pranks vanish in one click like it was all her fault all along for choosing that life when all she had to do was skip it.

Unless interrupted, the next morning when things begin, her garbage armor is stacked in the corner, but she'll still be clothed, curled up on her bed hugging a pillow, angled where she can stare at an adjusted mirror if there is one, dead asleep, even if her eyes are half opened, afraid the holo won't be there if she blinks too long.-
Shanice "Winger" Walker
Character Sheet

d4: Academics CommonKnowledge Electronics Healing Research Science Survival Taunt

Hinderences: Maj:Caffeine, Min:Ruthless, Min:Loyal, Min:DeathWish, Min:DistinctApp

Flight(5)48"/120mph
Parry(1) Deflection(1)
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

Sam has trouble sleeping, he has ever since his powers first started manifesting. Super-senses are useful, but anything but the finest of bedclothes feels rough against his skin. Every noise or smell he is not used to tends to wake him up. It makes sleeping in a strange place very difficult.

He is also worried about his family, do they know he is safe? Are they? Did his kidnappers hurt them...or worse? Could they have been given an instant brainwashing?

He is glad when it is time to wake up so he can occupy himself with something more productive.
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
Volo

Post by Volo »

At mention of a chore chart Rob stumbled a bit. "Chores?" Then thinking to himself. What is up with the chores. How will that train us to save lives. But whatever, he can do chores if they want.
Status & Resources
Fatigue: 0

Conviction: 1 (Awarded by GM for creation of Dave Clanika)

Bennies: 0
  • +3 Quarterly reset
    -1 Running Away
    -1 Still running away
    -1 You guessed it still running away
Currently Memorized Powers
5 Heightened Senses 1 (Super Sense; Hearing +2, Spatial Sense +2)
2 Danger Sense
3 Notice +3 die types
Volo (Rob T)
Rob Marks - I'm not a thief...

Race: Human
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 Parry: 4 Toughness: 5

Skills
  • Athletics (Ag) d6 (1)
  • Academics d4 (1)
  • Battle d4 (1)
  • Common Knowledge (Sm) d4 (0)
  • Driving d6 (2)
  • Fighting (Ag) d4 (1)
  • Notice (Sm) d6 (1)
  • Persuasion (Sp) d6 (1)
  • Stealth (Ag) d4 (0)
  • Research d4 (1)
  • Streetwise (Sm) d4 (1)
  • Wishing (Sm) d6 (2)

Hindrances
  • Curious (Major): The character wants to know about everything.
  • Mild Mannered (Minor): –2 to Intimidation rolls.
  • Loyal (Minor): The hero is loyal to his friends and allies.
  • Overconfident (SK-Major): Having had little to no trouble in life since his powers manifested. Rob believes he can do anything, and has trouble catching on that there are others with a lot more power than him.

Edges
  • Wish (Filthy Rich: Volo can simply wish things to happen. This has worked out to him having access to as many resources as he needs.)
  • Power Points: Volo has an additional 5 power points for 35 total.

Powers (20+Super Karma+Edge = 35)
  • Subtle Desires: Super Edge (2) (Elan)
  • Wish: Super Skill (3) (+3 Super Sorcery trapped as Wishing)
  • Wishing: Super Sorcery 10 (20)
  • Untapped Potential (10)

Gear
  • Rob can get just about any gear he wants. He has cash and can frequently wish what he needs into being.
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hexx »

As most expected, Kat stays to herself for the rest of the day, generally. She sleeps heavily through 'lunch', but does show up for dinner, eating wordlessly, and then heading to the game room for a bit, where she racks up some impressive numbers on the pinball games. Then she heads back to her room. Any attempts to engage her in conversation receives monosyllabic responses, or terse two-word replies if absolutely necessary. Sullen Teenager Playbook, Chapter One.

The surprising behavior comes later.

About 3 am, her alarm, shoved under her pillow, goes off again, waking her without much noise to be heard in the rest of the hallway (though Sam probably catches the music). As quietly as she can, she goes to wherever they've seen cleaning supplies, then goes to the girls' bathroom and starts cleaning with a vengeance; within an hour, every inch of the surfaces in there is gleaming, and the whole room has a pleasant citrus odor.
OOC Comments
Stealth [dice:33147huf]60019:0[/dice:33147huf]
Wild Stealth [dice:33147huf]60019:1[/dice:33147huf]

So, not stealthy at all--but then again, most of the kids are probably asleep, and not listening at their doorways. Sam, though, almost certainly DOES hear her, what with super-senses and such. Likewise, if any of the adults is awake, they probably hear her moving around, especially during the cleaning.
Then it's back to her room, where she gets dressed--most likely a pair of white shorts and matching tank-top, and whatever athletic shoes are available, all preferably with the school's logo as prominent as possible. She slips down to the control room momentarily--if no one is actually in there, she walks up to the eye-scanner and stands in front of it; when the door doesn't open, she simply nods, and leaves.

When the rest of the household starts getting up, she'll be in the training room, standing in a mock-at-ease position--legs slightly akimbo, hands behind her back, staring straight ahead, lips in a thin, angry line.
Rising Star
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Powers:
Fearless
Volo

Post by Volo »

Rob was not comfortable with the situation here. Altering the look of his face so he would not be recognized and concentrating he teleported, seeing if the barriers would prevent him from coming and going as he pleased. Once he understood clearly if he was a prisoner or not he checked himself.
Walking in and seeing @Hexx ready for exercise Rob wonders what changed her mind. She was completely dedicated to being 'lady edge' yesterday and now she is here and ready to work. Of course he did not notice the bathroom being cleaned, after all he never used her bathroom. So he simply nodded. "Morning, anyone else here yet?" Holding a couple of trays out each with four cups of coffee from his favorite Coffee House in New York he offered @Hexx first pick. "I guess first one here, first pick. I got a variety, but if you do not see what you like I can get more or change it."

The look on his face is a little tired, obviously Rob had not slept as much as he should have. But that is really nothing new for a teenager,so perhaps it would go unnoticed.
Status & Resources

• +3 Quarterly reset
    -1 Running Away
    -1 Still running away
2 Danger Sense
3 Notice +3 die types
Volo (Rob T)

Skills
  • Athletics (Ag) d6 (1)
  • Academics d4 (1)
  • Battle d4 (1)
  • Driving d6 (2)
  • Fighting (Ag) d4 (1)
  • Notice (Sm) d6 (1)
  • Persuasion (Sp) d6 (1)
  • Stealth (Ag) d4 (0)
  • Research d4 (1)
  • Streetwise (Sm) d4 (1)
  • Wishing (Sm) d6 (2)

Hindrances
  • Overconfident (SK-Major): Having had little to no trouble in life since his powers manifested. Rob believes he can do anything, and has trouble catching on that there are others with a lot more power than him.

Edges
  • Wish (Filthy Rich: Volo can simply wish things to happen. This has worked out to him having access to as many resources as he needs.)

Gear
  • Rob can get just about any gear he wants. He has cash and can frequently wish what he needs into being.
Buffy Laskaris

Post by Buffy Laskaris »

Constance had meant to get up in time to help Kat out, but all the good intentions and superspeed in the world wouldn't let her actually time travel. Kat kept early hours, it seemed. She did a good job though, which privately rather surprised her. Kat didn't come off as someone who would give that kind of effort for something like this. Underscoring just how little they knew each other.

She spent the next hour or so of subjective time flickering through the mansion, taking photographs of the most interesting items. The pictures went onto the SD card though, not the camera memory. More secure that way. She could take it out before venturing into the 'real world.' After that followup tour, she downshifted into normal time and asked to talk to her folks. And that...was harder than Constance had expected.

They were so happy for her. A bit tearful that this was their farewell, but whatever they'd been told, they ate it up and had nothing but congratulations and 'I'm so proud' statements. Constance herself was forced to make vague statements confirming their questions, because she had no real idea of the details of the story. Even so, it felt like lying and made her feel terrible. It wasn't REALLY lying. She HAD been accepted to a prestigious school to get specialized training. Just not in journalism. Instead she'd be learning to bend time into new and exciting shapes.

What mom and dad didn't want that for their little girl?

From there she upshifted and cruised through a silent, motionless red world into the training room. On spotting Hexx and Rob there already, she downshifted again.

They saw a little flash of blue light, and Chance materialize out of thin air in mid-stride. She gave them a nod.

"Hey guys. Getting an early start? Oh, is that coffee?" She went over to take a closer look at the trays.
Volo

Post by Volo »

Chance wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:04 pm "Hey guys. Getting an early start? Oh, is that coffee?" She went over to take a closer look at the trays.
Seeing someone appreciate his offered drinks Rob nods. "Yeah, I did not know your preferences, but I can change it up tomorrow if you do not see one that fits you."

Then thinking as there where so many things going on yesterday he was not sure where everyone was at. "Not sure you remember, I am Rob, but I like to call myself Volo. Like the Latin word for wish. My talent is I can wish things into happening."

"Your names where @Hexx and @Chance right?"
Status & Resources

• +3 Quarterly reset
    -1 Running Away
    -1 Still running away
2 Danger Sense
3 Notice +3 die types
Volo (Rob T)

Skills
  • Athletics (Ag) d6 (1)
  • Academics d4 (1)
  • Battle d4 (1)
  • Driving d6 (2)
  • Fighting (Ag) d4 (1)
  • Notice (Sm) d6 (1)
  • Persuasion (Sp) d6 (1)
  • Stealth (Ag) d4 (0)
  • Research d4 (1)
  • Streetwise (Sm) d4 (1)
  • Wishing (Sm) d6 (2)

Hindrances

Edges

Gear
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Date: Tuesday, 12 November, 2019
Time: 0545
Weather: Normal for season (chilly); no wind; no precipitation
Scene Modifiers
Round 0

Tamar quietly opened Shanice’s door and entered. She set a cup of hot chocolate down to cool on the desk and then sat on the edge of the bed beside Shance. Gently she rubbed the girl’s back.

“Honey, that ain’t meant ta be on all the time,” Tamar told the teenager, gently fingering the locket. She pressed the gem to turn off the hologram and return Shanice to her normal purple visage. “Ya don’t need it ‘round heah, sweetie. Ever’one likes ya jus’ the way ya are. Down heah is safe fer you ta be you. Best get up an’ get dressed for trainin’, otherwise Caleb’s gonna hae ya runnin’ laps ‘til he gets tired.”

As the teens chatted in the blankness of the training room, Constance felt her skin goosepimple as time reacted to something.

“Good morning, everyone!” Dr. Helios said, suddenly standing there with Caleb Black. He definitely wasn’t there a second ago! Dr. Helios was dressed in a staid gray suit, looking very professorial. Caleb black looked to be in military cargo pants and black t-shirt stretched over his lean, muscled frame and bearing the school logo.

There were two women with them as well. One was a beautiful black woman in a white doctor’s coat, dressed nicely and professionally. The other was a tall, gorgeous woman with long black hair, dark eyes, and flawless skin. She looked to be of Italian, maybe Spanish, descent, and it looked like her white business pencil skirt suit was of high end make. And those white stilettos were definitely Prada. She wore a diamond pendant similar to what had been given to Shanice yesterday.

“I trust you all slept well,” Helios said. “Ms. Todd will have breakfast ready for you after training. I wanted to introduce you all to a couple more of the faculty. We’ll be doing some initial paperwork before I turn you over to Mr. Black.

“This is Ms. Esperanza Roman.” He gestured to the beautiful dark-haired woman, who stepped forward slightly. “She is a generous benefactor of the Academy, and teaches business and economics classes. Like Miss Walker, she is also not all she appears to be.”

Esperanza reached up to touch the diamond pendant at her neck. Her holographic field shimmered off. Her hair, skin, and eyes went completely white. While still moving like soft and supple flesh, she looked like nothing so much as a Greek marble statue of feminine perfection come to life. “Hello,” she greeted the new students before she stepped back again, leaving the hologram off.
Common Knowledge Success (+2 if you follow the tabloids)
Esperanza Roman is the president of Roman Enterprises (also colloquially called the “Roman Empire” by the tabloids), a multinational company specializing in entertainment venues, hotels, casinos, resorts, and clubs. She is quite wealthy, and has been popular in the tabloids for her dalliances with famous wealthy men and women, actors and actresses, and just things that make paparazzi drool. She’s basically Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian if they were, you know, productive members of society. Or like Tony Stark.
Common Knowledge Raise (+2 if you have Streetwise
You know there is a powerful mafia family named the Romans based out of Miami, though its tendrils stretch out across the southern United States.
“And this is Dr. Zoe Desatu,” Dr. Helios introduced the African-American woman. “She is the school’s physician, and will be the one to keep you healthy and patch up any boo boos you might get in training.”

“It is nice to meet you all,” Zoe said.

“Ms. Roman and Dr. Desatu, along with Mr. Black and Ms. Todd, know about your abilities and identities,” Dr. Helios explained. “On campus, you can trust them. Most of the rest of the Academy faculty will be as oblivious as the other students.

“To start with, Dr. Desatu will get your biometrics so we can get you properly recognized by the security system,” Caleb said. “Then you will be able to come and go from headquarters as you please.” He looked at Rob. “With permission, so we know where you are in case of emergencies.

“Zoe will also need your permission to get your medical records, and will take a biomedical scan of you for our records, and to get measurements for your training suits,” Caleb told them. “Then we will run through some basic fitness measurements. I want to get a baseline for how much work I am going to have to do to get you in shape. It will be hard work, and you’ll hate it, but when you lose ten pounds of fat and replace it with six pack abs and perfectly toned body, you’ll thank me. Also, it will hopefully mean the next time Nexus comes for you, you’ll have that much more of an edge.”

Team:
Rob Marks/Volo
Jason Konig/????
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Constance Abels/Chance
Shanice Walker/Winger

GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Winger

Post by Winger »

Shanice is open-eyed asleep when Tamar walks in. Startles a bit at the touch, and is definitely awake now, but still hasn't blinked, just staring forward at the tilted mirror. She doesn't move to stop Tamar from turning off the pendant, but she does tense up and visibly wince till the click and it fades away. The /only/ reason she can cope with this is because it brought her back to her purple self, not the way her skin was before like her mind kept fearing.

She barely nods to the rest of Tamar's words and starts getting up and doing stretches. She barely voices a "thanks" as Tamar is leaving in reference to the hot chocolate, but her mouth is so dry it comes out hoarse, which the hot chocolate will fix nicely. She slogs to the bathroom when it's free and showers up, shaves and dresses out pretty quickly with fairly mindless rote habit from sports and a disciplined house.

If a specific training outfit isn't demanded, she shows up at the training in just a black sportsbra, black crosscountry shorts/panties, and a socks/sneakers, and her massive hair back in a thick bundled band. She looks at everyone and stands alternating unevenly between every-teenybopper-ever-folded-arms-under-chest-selfconscious-hunch and an excellent ramrod posture with arms loose at her sides and a tenatively proud daring confidence in standing out.

She spends most of the morning presentation staring at Ms. Roman. But is attentive enough to respond and has no problems with going through Dr. Zoe's stuff. She happens to be looking around elsewhere during Caleb's pep talk and rolls her eyes a bit at the lost ten pounds and put on abs part, and grits her teeth at his wrapup of blaming all their individual kidnappings and Caelin's dad's death on us for being fat slobs. Partially because of what the words imply, but partially from frustration that it sounds like this team happened to end up under one of those "gotta break you, gotta win my championship" kinda coaches. She doesn't actually think anyone here is evil, more just crestfallen overthinking ways summer camp is going to suck.

She has a very somber and disconnected view on training. It's what she's done for years with her team, and once she started scoring, they mostly stopped making fun of her and tolerated her being on the team. So as long as this team isn't making fun of her, she can deal with it. She's been playing in kids obstacle courses and playgrounds and running laps and practicing hard all her life. She's ready.

(AFTER KATT & VOLO)

Seeing Kat go to full attention, she shifts a bit, and doesn't got that far to attention, but does straighten up to proudchest parade rest and stick to it now. She does tilt a bit and raise an eyebrow at how overbaked Katt goes with it though. Shanice herself doesn't seem to have a problem with the paperwork and stuff. But when Volo lays out how everything recording anything is doomed, she blinks and looks at Doc Zoe and shrugs a little.

____
rolls
common knowledge +2 tabloids [dice:19adtjim]60109:0[/dice:19adtjim]
wild common knowledge +2 tabloids [dice:19adtjim]60109:1[/dice:19adtjim]
wild common knowledge ace +0 nostreetwise [dice:19adtjim]60109:2[/dice:19adtjim]
Last edited by Winger on Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Shanice "Winger" Walker
Character Sheet

Flight(5)48"/120mph
Parry(1) Deflection(1)
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

Sam reaches the training field eventually. He heard some banging noises during the night but decided not to investigate with a probe. The noises were from the girls' side and he would not want to get caught spying...which is not the same as saying he might not like what he saw if he did, but getting caught is not an option.

He comments, "Getting in shape is probably a good idea. Finding out more about how my powers work is probably a better one. I am not sure how...mostly I just know WHAT. I hope our training includes weapons too, as I can create any melee weapon I want unless it weights too much."

He also notes that he can create overlays for fingerprints...and might be able to learn to fool retinal prints the same way. He is not sure if he can fool biometric scanners, there are limits to what he can change.
OOC Comments
Common Knowledge: [dice:qhfmyr28]60122:0[/dice:qhfmyr28], Wild CK [dice:qhfmyr28]60122:1[/dice:qhfmyr28]
Last edited by Probe on Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
Volo

Post by Volo »

KahlessNestor wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:36 pm “To start with, Dr. Desatu will get your biometrics so we can get you properly recognized by the security system,” Caleb said. “Then you will be able to come and go from headquarters as you please.” He looked at Rob. “With permission, so we know where you are in case of emergencies.
Rob nods along as most of the introductions are done. Trying his best to make sure he remembers the names of the people he will need to know. But then when they mention Dr. Desatu needing to get his bio-metrics he shakes his head and raises his hand. "I do not know if that will work. I just spent the last day wishing real hard for all the data every one had on me to erase. Sometimes with stuff like that it just keeps going on forever. Maybe you have like a smartcard or something I can keep in a wallet and a 6 digit pin?"

"I mean i am willing to let you try, but I think you will find withing minutes all the data you collect will be erased from your records and the words you wrote on the clipboard will vaporize."

KahlessNestor wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:36 pm “Zoe will also need your permission to get your medical records, and will take a biomedical scan of you for our records, and to get measurements for your training suits,” Caleb told them. “Then we will run through some basic fitness measurements. I want to get a baseline for how much work I am going to have to do to get you in shape. It will be hard work, and you’ll hate it, but when you lose ten pounds of fat and replace it with six pack abs and perfectly toned body, you’ll thank me. Also, it will hopefully mean the next time Nexus comes for you, you’ll have that much more of an edge.”
"Yeah, um this might be the same problem. I guess you can measure and memorize my numbers, but I do not think, well I really hope, you will be able to maintain medical records of me either."

Those who move with money and power, name does not strike a bell
Common Knowledge [dice:18larqwo]60124:0[/dice:18larqwo]
Wild [dice:18larqwo]60124:1[/dice:18larqwo]

Streetwise [dice:18larqwo]60124:2[/dice:18larqwo]
Wild [dice:18larqwo]60124:3[/dice:18larqwo]

Status & Resources

• +3 Quarterly reset
    -1 Running Away
    -1 Still running away
2 Danger Sense
3 Notice +3 die types
Volo (Rob T)

Skills
  • Athletics (Ag) d6 (1)
  • Academics d4 (1)
  • Battle d4 (1)
  • Driving d6 (2)
  • Fighting (Ag) d4 (1)
  • Notice (Sm) d6 (1)
  • Persuasion (Sp) d6 (1)
  • Stealth (Ag) d4 (0)
  • Research d4 (1)
  • Streetwise (Sm) d4 (1)
  • Wishing (Sm) d6 (2)

Hindrances

Edges

Gear
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Cailean lays down to sleep and is out. He skips setting an alarm and trusts that his body will wake him.

4 am. He is up. Drinks a liter of cold water. A cold shower is next.

Dressed in appropriate training gear, he begins some mobility exrecises, followed by calestenics, and then into a heavy cardio routine of kick boxing and brazilian jiu jitsu. He completes the routines and exerecises at around 530 am .

He finds a corner and settles himself in for some deep meditation. Which is where everyone finds him. In the gym. Meditating.

Whatchya Watchin? CK 11 _
[*] Common Knowledge (1d6) [dice:yxzy95fc]60170:0[/dice:yxzy95fc]
[*] Aced! CK (1d6+6) [dice:yxzy95fc]60170:2[/dice:yxzy95fc]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:yxzy95fc]60170:1[/dice:yxzy95fc]
[*]Aced! Wild (1d6+6) [dice:yxzy95fc]60170:3[/dice:yxzy95fc]
Cailean completes his meditation as the others arrive and by the time Dr. Helios begins introductions he has some what joined everyone else.

The introduction to Ms. Roman, first gets a raised eyebrow from Cailean. As the doctor finishes her introduction, Cailean suddenly realizes the connections. Some of the biggest MMA venues are owned by this woman and her family. They had done a pheonemonal restoration job, according to Cailean's father, of the Atlantic City venue.

"Ms. Roman, do you or your family sponsor any of the fighters that enter your venues?"

Financial backing of the Roman kind would go a long way for him to make a name for himself and get the kind of access to things like Nexus.

Cailean recognizes that there might be some sort of connection between the Roman standing before them and the the Mafia Family in the Southern States. Hopefully there is no other connection between the two entities, other than name only.
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hexx »

Kat continues standing at 'parade rest' stance while the other teens come in, ignoring any conversation attempts; if forced into a response by persistence, she'll give a quick one-word reply and then resume staring straight ahead.
KahlessNestor wrote:
“Good morning, everyone!” Dr. Helios said, suddenly standing there with Caleb Black. He definitely wasn’t there a second ago! Dr. Helios was dressed in a staid gray suit, looking very professorial. Caleb black looked to be in military cargo pants and black t-shirt stretched over his lean, muscled frame and bearing the school logo.

There were two women with them as well. One was a beautiful black woman in a white doctor’s coat, dressed nicely and professionally. The other was a tall, gorgeous woman with long black hair, dark eyes, and flawless skin. She looked to be of Italian, maybe Spanish, descent, and it looked like her white business pencil skirt suit was of high end make. And those white stilettos were definitely Prada. She wore a diamond pendant similar to what had been given to Shanice yesterday.
When Helios enters (or more precisely, when he manifests), Kat shifts her foot-position, going from 'parade rest' to full attention, complete with a quick salute. This is not done with any degree of finesse, but the nature of the motions is pretty undeniable.
“I trust you all slept well,” Helios said. “Ms. Todd will have breakfast ready for you after training. I wanted to introduce you all to a couple more of the faculty. We’ll be doing some initial paperwork before I turn you over to Mr. Black.

“This is Ms. Esperanza Roman.” He gestured to the beautiful dark-haired woman, who stepped forward slightly. “She is a generous benefactor of the Academy, and teaches business and economics classes. Like Miss Walker, she is also not all she appears to be.”

Esperanza reached up to touch the diamond pendant at her neck. Her holographic field shimmered off. Her hair, skin, and eyes went completely white. While still moving like soft and supple flesh, she looked like nothing so much as a Greek marble statue of feminine perfection come to life. “Hello,” she greeted the new students before she stepped back again, leaving the hologram off.
Common Knowledge Success (+2 if you follow the tabloids)
Esperanza Roman is the president of Roman Enterprises (also colloquially called the “Roman Empire” by the tabloids), a multinational company specializing in entertainment venues, hotels, casinos, resorts, and clubs. She is quite wealthy, and has been popular in the tabloids for her dalliances with famous wealthy men and women, actors and actresses, and just things that make paparazzi drool. She’s basically Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian if they were, you know, productive members of society. Or like Tony Stark.
Common Knowledge Raise (+2 if you have Streetwise
You know there is a powerful mafia family named the Romans based out of Miami, though its tendrils stretch out across the southern United States.
OOC Comments
Common Knowledge [dice:3p7y7nsa]60239:0[/dice:3p7y7nsa]
Wild CK [dice:3p7y7nsa]60239:1[/dice:3p7y7nsa]
Kat's mask slips briefly when Esperanza enters; she of course recognizes the pampered socialite, and her lip gives a faint curl of disdain before she manages to reassert her carefully fashioned neutral expression. She does, however, briefly cock an eyebrow at the notion of economics lessons.
“And this is Dr. Zoe Desatu,” Dr. Helios introduced the African-American woman. “She is the school’s physician, and will be the one to keep you healthy and patch up any boo boos you might get in training.”

“It is nice to meet you all,” Zoe said.

“Ms. Roman and Dr. Desatu, along with Mr. Black and Ms. Todd, know about your abilities and identities,” Dr. Helios explained. “On campus, you can trust them. Most of the rest of the Academy faculty will be as oblivious as the other students.

“To start with, Dr. Desatu will get your biometrics so we can get you properly recognized by the security system,” Caleb said. “Then you will be able to come and go from headquarters as you please.” He looked at Rob. “With permission, so we know where you are in case of emergencies.

“Zoe will also need your permission to get your medical records, and will take a biomedical scan of you for our records, and to get measurements for your training suits,” Caleb told them.
And at this, Kat suddenly steps forward and barks out, in a teenager's less-than-perfect imitation of a boot camp scene in a military movie. "Sah! Cadet Wilhelm, Sah! I respectfully decline to sign any paperwork, Sah!
“Then we will run through some basic fitness measurements. I want to get a baseline for how much work I am going to have to do to get you in shape. It will be hard work, and you’ll hate it, but when you lose ten pounds of fat and replace it with six pack abs and perfectly toned body, you’ll thank me. Also, it will hopefully mean the next time Nexus comes for you, you’ll have that much more of an edge.”
Again, the sharp, barking voice. "Sah, yes, Sah! Training to be good little soldiers beginning immediately, Sah!"
Rising Star
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Powers:
Fearless
Volo

Post by Volo »

Rob picks up on the mockery Kat is radiating, but as a teen himself he is too young to identify the edgy awkwardness for what it is or call her out on it. instead he feels like he should do something to try and help her fit in. But what, they had all been in this mess from start to finish together and it is not like he had any great wisdom to offer. Maybe just a kind word is needed. Looking at @Hexx he asks a stupid question falling completely into the angst ridden trap. "So, have you done this before? Like Jr. ROTC or something?"
Status & Resources

• +3 Quarterly reset
    -1 Running Away
    -1 Still running away
2 Danger Sense
3 Notice +3 die types
Volo (Rob T)

Skills
  • Athletics (Ag) d6 (1)
  • Academics d4 (1)
  • Battle d4 (1)
  • Driving d6 (2)
  • Fighting (Ag) d4 (1)
  • Notice (Sm) d6 (1)
  • Persuasion (Sp) d6 (1)
  • Stealth (Ag) d4 (0)
  • Research d4 (1)
  • Streetwise (Sm) d4 (1)
  • Wishing (Sm) d6 (2)

Hindrances

Edges

Gear
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Time: 0550
Scene Modifiers
Round 0

"I do not know if that will work. I just spent the last day wishing real hard for all the data every one had on me to erase. Sometimes with stuff like that it just keeps going on forever. Maybe you have like a smartcard or something I can keep in a wallet and a 6 digit pin?" Rob said.

"I mean i am willing to let you try, but I think you will find within minutes all the data you collect will be erased from your records and the words you wrote on the clipboard will vaporize," Rob continued.

Zoe considered. “Maybe we can try a workaround? How, exactly, did you word it?” She entered an alias into the system, putting Rob in under a different name, and then took her scans. If that didn’t work, she would simply list him as a number, basically as anonymous as it got.

"Ms. Roman, do you or your family sponsor any of the fighters that enter your venues?" Caelian asked.

Esperanza smiled. “We don’t normally sponsor the talent, just the venues,” she said. “That doesn’t mean someone particularly talented couldn’t catch my attention,” she told him. “I always keep an eye on potential investment opportunities.”

Zoe looked at Kat when she stepped forward to deny permission for her medical records. “Is there any particular reason you don’t want us to have your records, so we can treat you better if you get injured?” she asked gently. “And you don’t need to be so formal, Ms. Wilhelm,” she said, smiling gently.

Once Zoe had finished taking her scans, she and the others left Caleb to their training. He ran them hard, but wasn’t overbearing, getting a good physical assessment of their capabilities.

Team:
Rob Marks/Volo
Jason Konig/????
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Constance Abels/Chance
Shanice Walker/Winger

GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Winger

Post by Winger »

-Shanice isn't diving to the front of lines or any such fervency, but she doesn't see any point in fighting the adults on scans or paperwork, though she does crack a smile if there's any funny moments in cartoonish wish-trouble, followed quickly by a frown feeling guilty and sad for Zoe having to deal with it. Anyone will clearly see on her face the moment something Zoe endures reminds Shanice of her mother's undeserved frustration as a nurse, and Shanice's self-guilt from inability to help.-

-When it comes to exercising, she starts pushing herself. Then really pushing herself. Considering how often she tunes out adults telling her "that's enough," it gets real clear she isn't doing it for them at all. She is chasing that clear-mind exhaustion, and it's probably going to end her up clinic if left unlimited. At her body's expense, she's going to push till her brain stops braining. When it's someone else's turn to push, she is hesitant to murmur at first, then eventually speaks up with good teammate support, "you got this," and such. As for capability, for a highschool teenybopper: she's done a very little bit of upper body and knows the concepts and muscle groups, but she's all legs and endurance. She's thick-skinned and/or bone-headed enough that falls and hits, and definitely minor scrapes that are hard to see against purple at first, don't slow her down.-
Shanice "Winger" Walker
Character Sheet

Flight(5)48"/120mph
Parry(1) Deflection(1)
Volo

Post by Volo »

KahlessNestor wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:21 am"I do not know if that will work. I just spent the last day wishing real hard for all the data every one had on me to erase. Sometimes with stuff like that it just keeps going on forever. Maybe you have like a smartcard or something I can keep in a wallet and a 6 digit pin?" Rob said.

"I mean i am willing to let you try, but I think you will find within minutes all the data you collect will be erased from your records and the words you wrote on the clipboard will vaporize," Rob continued.

Zoe considered. “Maybe we can try a workaround? How, exactly, did you word it?” She entered an alias into the system, putting Rob in under a different name, and then took her scans. If that didn’t work, she would simply list him as a number, basically as anonymous as it got.
"I just kept wishing 'I wish for it to be impossible for my enemies to track me and my mom.'

"But I was thinking about all the data stored in computers and records people write down. My power, it works as much by the will of what I am thinking as it does for my words. I don't know, maybe my power will not consider you a potential enemy. Like I said, i will let you try, but i don't know how well it will work.

"Oh, yeah. If your going to use an alias, I like to call myself Volo. I looked it up online once and it means Wish."

Winger wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:12 am-When it comes to exercising, she starts pushing herself. Then really pushing herself. Considering how often she tunes out adults telling her "that's enough," it gets real clear she isn't doing it for them at all. She is chasing that clear-mind exhaustion, and it's probably going to end her up clinic if left unlimited. At her body's expense, she's going to push till her brain stops braining. When it's someone else's turn to push, she is hesitant to murmur at first, then eventually speaks up with good teammate support, "you got this," and such. As for capability, for a highschool teenybopper: she's done a very little bit of upper body and knows the concepts and muscle groups, but she's all legs and endurance. She's thick-skinned and/or bone-headed enough that falls and hits, and definitely minor scrapes that are hard to see against purple at first, don't slow her down.-
Looking over and seeing Shanice struggling Rob nods. "Hey, so where are you from? I move around a lot, but my family moved to New York a couple months ago. Had to set my mom up real good. You can do amazing stuff that puts you in the top of awesome league right?"

After hearing her answer, which was a little bit mumbled Rob smiled. "So what kind of stuff are you into? Do you like outdoors stuff, music or like more relaxed stuff?"

It seems that while Rob performs above average at all the tests they give him. He does not excel in any of them as he spends half his time chatting with the others and trying to learn who they are outside of their powers.
Status & Resources

• +3 Quarterly reset
    -1 Running Away
    -1 Still running away
2 Danger Sense
3 Notice +3 die types
Volo (Rob T)

Skills
  • Athletics (Ag) d6 (1)
  • Academics d4 (1)
  • Battle d4 (1)
  • Driving d6 (2)
  • Fighting (Ag) d4 (1)
  • Notice (Sm) d6 (1)
  • Persuasion (Sp) d6 (1)
  • Stealth (Ag) d4 (0)
  • Research d4 (1)
  • Streetwise (Sm) d4 (1)
  • Wishing (Sm) d6 (2)

Hindrances

Edges

Gear
Winger

Post by Winger »

-It takes a try or two before Shanice realizes Volo is talking to her. And there's a noticeable delay before she gets a response out ... as a useless mumble that has to be reworked louder anyhow. Apparently she's really exerting her cheeks because they're becoming a different tone of fuchsia.-

"Florida ... around Disneyworld." Grimaces a bit at the awesome league part and folds her arms and looks down and around. "Soccer team almost won state, but ..." -Motions to herself, hands up hands down presenting the problem. Scritches just in front of her ear daring to look back at his face- "Dad's in the army. We've moved a few times, but all in Florida and Georgia. Mom's a nurse, so she's busy anywhere. ... Is your mom okay now?" (open to response) ... "I'm in to anime, comics, anything sci-fi .. best place to learn how to play with magic, yaknow?" -makes a little spinning box hovering over her palm- "But real science, too. Like ... I need to know how much stuff weighs and what it's made of if I'm gonna move it around and throw it at stuff."
Shanice "Winger" Walker
Character Sheet

Flight(5)48"/120mph
Parry(1) Deflection(1)
Volo

Post by Volo »

Winger wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:48 am"Florida ... around Disneyworld." Grimaces a bit at the awesome league part and folds her arms and looks down and around. "Soccer team almost won state, but ..." -Motions to herself, hands up hands down presenting the problem. Scratches just in front of her ear daring to look back at his face- "Dad's in the army. We've moved a few times, but all in Florida and Georgia. Mom's a nurse, so she's busy anywhere. ... Is your mom okay now?"
Rob tries not to comment on her gesture and her own comments about her appearance. It did not bug him, but who was he to tell her anything as trivial as to say it does not matter. "Yeah, my mom is good now. i went and saw her last night. She did not even know there was a problem, was getting home from a date with some girlfriends when I arrived. I guess i was getting real nervous for nothing."

Taking a breath. "So Disney, you ever actually been there? Maybe we could do a big field trip there. I could get us tickets, and teleport us all there for a day trip some time. Maybe you could show us the good stuff?"
Winger wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:48 am "I'm in to anime, comics, anything sci-fi .. best place to learn how to play with magic, yaknow?" -makes a little spinning box hovering over her palm- "But real science, too. Like ... I need to know how much stuff weighs and what it's made of if I'm gonna move it around and throw it at stuff."
"I really like Science Fiction, but I'll have to confess I do not do much reading. I pretty much do what school requires and that's it. How do you know what a good Anime is and which ones are better on the shelf? You think you could pick a few and we could do Anime Tuesday's or something?"

Getting excited for a second asks. "Ever see how much you can lift? Like with your powers, what is your maximum? I was able to lift a little over 1,000 lbs once." At the turn in conversation it is obvious that Rob's real passion is in powers themselves.
Status & Resources

• +3 Quarterly reset
    -1 Running Away
    -1 Still running away
2 Danger Sense
3 Notice +3 die types
Volo (Rob T)

Skills
  • Athletics (Ag) d6 (1)
  • Academics d4 (1)
  • Battle d4 (1)
  • Driving d6 (2)
  • Fighting (Ag) d4 (1)
  • Notice (Sm) d6 (1)
  • Persuasion (Sp) d6 (1)
  • Stealth (Ag) d4 (0)
  • Research d4 (1)
  • Streetwise (Sm) d4 (1)
  • Wishing (Sm) d6 (2)

Hindrances

Edges

Gear
Winger

Post by Winger »

Rob: "Yeah, my mom is good now. i went and saw her last night. She did not even know there was a problem, was getting home from a date with some girlfriends when I arrived. I guess i was getting real nervous for nothing."

Taking a breath. "So Disney, you ever actually been there? Maybe we could do a big field trip there. I could get us tickets, and teleport us all there for a day trip some time. Maybe you could show us the good stuff?"

"I really like Science Fiction, but I'll have to confess I do not do much reading. I pretty much do what school requires and that's it. How do you know what a good Anime is and which ones are better on the shelf? You think you could pick a few and we could do Anime Tuesday's or something?"

Getting excited for a second asks. "Ever see how much you can lift? Like with your powers, what is your maximum? I was able to lift a little over 1,000 lbs once." At the turn in conversation it is obvious that Rob's real passion is in powers themselves.

_____

"Hey, nervous before is better than screwed up after," her affect is different saying that like she's mimicing someone, including finger pointing gesture she hasn't used anywhere else. "After I got run out of school, my mom wanted to homeschool me, but didn't have time. Mom and Dad told me to take a year off and just ... figure superhero stuff out. We had lots of streaming stuff, but these old people needed help fixing the roof on their second hand book store. They'd let me go in when no one else was around, and it was like ... just .. everything written ever."

She's distracted enough from her autogloom to grin a bit at the Disney question. "Dude, everyone in Florida's been to Disneyworld like a million times. We're kinda old for it now, but it's tope. But .. um ... I don't think they're letting us out of here anytime soon." Genuinely impressed expression. "1000 lbs? That's dime. But I got you beat. 10,000 in the air." Note of real pride for once, and the required Deadpool doublegun hiphop gesture. "And I can push way more but ... I'm not supposed to try anymore after I broke some stuff." Not proud of that last part.
Last edited by Winger on Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shanice "Winger" Walker
Character Sheet

Flight(5)48"/120mph
Parry(1) Deflection(1)
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Caelian just nodded at Esperanza's comment as he was certain he already knew the answer, and he did.

No worries. I have time to even work on my development and with these new powers I can begin finding my style as well.
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hexx »

Volo wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:50 am Rob picks up on the mockery Kat is radiating, but as a teen himself he is too young to identify the edgy awkwardness for what it is or call her out on it. instead he feels like he should do something to try and help her fit in. But what, they had all been in this mess from start to finish together and it is not like he had any great wisdom to offer. Maybe just a kind word is needed. Looking at @Hexx he asks a stupid question falling completely into the angst ridden trap. "So, have you done this before? Like Jr. ROTC or something?"
Kat side-eyes Rob and shakes her head with a chuff. "No, but it's not too hard to see when you've been conscripted." Then she turns her attention back to the adults.

KahlessNestor wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:21 am
Zoe looked at Kat when she stepped forward to deny permission for her medical records. “Is there any particular reason you don’t want us to have your records, so we can treat you better if you get injured?” she asked gently. “And you don’t need to be so formal, Ms. Wilhelm,” she said, smiling gently.
Kat continues her faux-military academy stance and cadence. "If I get injured in Coach Spook's training exercises, you mean, Ma'am? Not interested, Ma'am, I'll just deal with the 'boo-boos'."
Once Zoe had finished taking her scans, she and the others left Caleb to their training. He ran them hard, but wasn’t overbearing, getting a good physical assessment of their capabilities.
For all the attitude and ever-present resentment, Kat throws herself whole-hog into the physical training. She's got fairly spindly arms, but is very nimble. If the tests happen to include any sort of throwing exercises, they discover that she has a curiously high degree of accuracy--especially if she just cuts loose, throwing without taking any time to aim.
Rising Star
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Powers:
Fearless
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

While Sam is willing and is clearly trying, it is plain he has not previously been the physical type. He pays attention, especially when body mechanics are explained. He tends to keep his mouth shut...which is definitely better then him talking. At least around girls, he is going to sound totally idiotic or worse. He wonders about taking some kind of public speaking, debate, or drama classes to help him overcome his difficulty with expressing himself.
OOC Comments
Increase Athletics to d6, Increase Melee to d6, Increase Academics to d6
He is interested in listening to the others and getting to know about them. He is amazed to think Shanice can lift 5 tons, it sounds pretty impressive to him.

In general, the only times he will speak are going to be technical questions or equally technical (and impersonal) answers. To him, the best way to keep his foot away from his mouth is to be quiet, and the second best way is to be technical.
Last edited by Probe on Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Time: 0555
Scene Modifiers
Round 0
OOC Comments
If any of you remember doing the Presidential Fitness Tests in PE, Caleb is basically running you through them, though modified to accommodate powers. And there’s no “girl sit ups” and “girl pull ups/hanging” allowed. This is to get the baseline fitness so they can craft a training regimen for each of you. The much harder stuff comes later in the montage :)
Zoe listened to Rob’s explanation and smiled. “Well, we are not your enemies,” she reassured the young man. “And Volo sounds just fine as a work around,” she said, marking it down.

“That brings up a good point,” Caleb told the students. “You won’t want to use your real names if you need to use your powers. If you have any ideas for a code name you wished to be called, like Volo — and please, keep it decent — then let us know. We can work with you on it, if you need help.”

During the exercises, Caleb nods with approval at Shanice. “Good job! Keep it up, Walker!” he encouraged her, until Zoe leaned over and whispered something to him. He frowned, but nodded.

“Take a breather, Walker!” Caleb shouted until Shanice actually stopped. When she wandered over, he clapped a hand on her shoulder.

“Good effort. Good focus. But you need to be aware of your surroundings. What if I had just yelled out a warning to you?” he asked. “Take it easy. Dr. Desatu is concerned you might hurt yourself. I think she just doesn’t want to be bothered healing you.” He gave Shanice a smile. “Grab some water.”

Caleb turned back to the room. “Marks! If you can talk, you aren’t running hard enough!” he yelled.

“Captain Spook. Don’t let him hear you say that,” Zoe told Kat with a chuckle. “He might take an interest in you. But I think you’ll be glad of the training when it comes down to it,” she told the teen. “You’ll be in better shape and better able to handle yourself. Now, you don’t have to give me your information, but we will get it eventually.”

Team:
Rob Marks/Volo
Jason Konig/????
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Constance Abels/Chance
Shanice Walker/Winger

GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Volo

Post by Volo »

KahlessNestor wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:30 am
Caleb turned back to the room. “Marks! If you can talk, you aren’t running hard enough!” he yelled.
Rob eyed the man, the urge to say something. No one yelled at him like that since he was a toddler. But then something wiser inside got him to focus. Running, meh he could run all day and never tire. But these guys wanted them to push them selves and if Rob constantly used his power he would never really push himself.

Hitting the task without wishing for more endurance though was something new. Holy crap, it was honest to goodness hard. Okay maybe he needed to just wish some of the fatigue away, no harm there.
Status & Resources

• +3 Quarterly reset
    -1 Running Away
    -1 Still running away
2 Danger Sense
3 Notice +3 die types
Volo (Rob T)

Skills
  • Athletics (Ag) d6 (1)
  • Academics d4 (1)
  • Battle d4 (1)
  • Driving d6 (2)
  • Fighting (Ag) d4 (1)
  • Notice (Sm) d6 (1)
  • Persuasion (Sp) d6 (1)
  • Stealth (Ag) d4 (0)
  • Research d4 (1)
  • Streetwise (Sm) d4 (1)
  • Wishing (Sm) d6 (2)

Hindrances

Edges

Gear
Jason Konig

Post by Jason Konig »

Since his arrival at the facility Jason has done nothing but sulk. He has stayed quite and in the back the majority of the time. He reluctantly fills out all the paperwork and generally mopes around. Even the food hasn't enticed him as much as normal and his eating has been very slow. Throughout the training and such he puts in very little effort. He felt alone without Kibbles. She was his best friend and he felt he just traded one prison for another. Others seemed to be getting into the events going on to some degree but he was just going through the motions. Throughout the fitness exam he doesn't bother changing forms to help with any of it and seems unconcerned when he is unable to do parts.

However, at the mention of alternate names he finally speaks though low and hardly audible. "Um...I never thought of a super hero name. Anyone have any ideas." After asking he stares back at the floor lost in thought.
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

Sam responds, "I once saw an old TV movie called Probe, about a spy who carried around a mini camera on a ring or tie clip and got instructions from a built in radio. I was thinking Probe might be suitable...or possibly RC, short for Remote Control."

He wonders what the others will think of the name choices.
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
Buffy Laskaris

Post by Buffy Laskaris »

Constance sort of stays back during all this, and fishes her cellphone out to take pictures and video of people talking, working out, and so on. She's quiet enough and apart enough that it's easy to tune her out. She chuckles at Kat's antics, is mildly impressed at how much effort Shanice is putting into the 'demonstration' or whatever it is, and when Caleb starts to look her way, she redshifts and vanishes before his eyes quite register her.

He's ready for her when she reappears though, immediately saying, "Constance. You next."

She turned to capture his face on her phone and said, "I dunno, I don't want to make anyone feel bad..."

"Phone down, then get on up there and show us what you have," he instructed.

With a sigh, Chance did put the phone down and went through her paces. She wasn't taking it particularly seriously though. In terms of strength and raw athletics, she was no better than what one might expect from a 'normal' teenager; reasonably active but not in an athletics program. Of course, the moment it went to a time trial, the whole thing became a farce. Redshifted, she could stroll around the track at a leisurely, unhurried pace and still reach the finish line in just a second or two of objective time.

They were going to have their hands full, training this one.
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Caelian actually approached Dr. Helios with watch he had given him. Regretably Caelian's Large Form Techno Jinx had rendred the watch useless for returning him to his younger smaller size.

"Look Doctor Helios I want to be able to mentally control the change between forms. Devices are fine and this one was fine until I held it. "

The watch was in three pieces, the face and to wristband segments that would need a master jeweler to reassemble.

"Do you have anyone that does hypno-therapy, yoga, tai chi, or even a trusted chriopractor? Maybe even some alternative medicines."

"I don't think I can attend school here as a Giant."
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Dr. Helios studied the watch parts Caelian returned to him. “Hm… And intriguing problem,” he said. He picked up the parts, and there was a sort of blur, and then they were together again and working perfectly. “I can bring in a telepath to help you,” he offered Caelian. “You’ve met Chase, but there is also Ms. Todd’s sister, also an Academy graduate. Heather is currently enrolled at MIT. She might be able to put in a mental block for you, perhaps. We will, of course, work on helping you control the change yourself,” Dr. Helios promised.
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Highlander

Post by Highlander »

KahlessNestor wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:54 am Dr. Helios studied the watch parts Caelian returned to him. “Hm… And intriguing problem,” he said. He picked up the parts, and there was a sort of blur, and then they were together again and working perfectly. “I can bring in a telepath to help you,” he offered Caelian. “You’ve met Chase, but there is also Ms. Todd’s sister, also an Academy graduate. Heather is currently enrolled at MIT. She might be able to put in a mental block for you, perhaps. We will, of course, work on helping you control the change yourself,” Dr. Helios promised.
"I don't mind being studied, if it helps determine why I glitch technology."

At the mention of a mental block, Caelian looks inquisitively at Dr. Helios, "An inhibitor? So that I appear tech friendly."

Caelian tries a different approach to the watch. This time he has Dr. Helios set the watch band across his right index finger. Before Dr. Helios can ask, Caelian explains his reasoning, "Maybe the technology glitch only occurs when a circuit is completed, like closing my fist around something or picking something up using my finger and thumb oe holding something with two hands."
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Dr. Helios considered Caelian’s suggestion. “We might be able to put the inhibitor into a ring,” he mused. “Like a large class ring. Or pendant, like the image inducers. We will try a few things,” he promised.

Later, they brought Caelian a few options to try them out.
Inhibitor
Ultimately it’s up to you if it works. It’s ultimately a role play thing if you want the option or not.
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Highlander

Post by Highlander »

KahlessNestor wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:46 am Dr. Helios considered Caelian’s suggestion. “We might be able to put the inhibitor into a ring,” he mused. “Like a large class ring. Or pendant, like the image inducers. We will try a few things,” he promised.

Later, they brought Caelian a few options to try them out.
Inhibitor
Ultimately it’s up to you if it works. It’s ultimately a role play thing if you want the option or not.
The ring seems to work out quite nicely, especially after Caelian asks Dr. Helios to slide it onto his right hand's ring finger. The band adjusts as Caelian thinks on it. And then just as quickly he finds himself as his young fourteen year old self.

Quckly picking up his fancy suit pants, Caelian shuffles out the door and thanks Dr. Helios.

"I will need some appropriate clothes. Sweats and work out suits aren't really my style."

"Some well fitting polos and jeans. Those should do nicely."

Return to “Adventure Forum”