12 Eastport - City of Quarantine

Ndreare
Savage Siri

12 Eastport - City of Quarantine

Post by Ndreare »

(Read 11 Centerport – A Day’s Journey Lost before reading this thread.)

The wagon you take brings the heroes all the way to the quarantine checkpoint only 5 miles from city. As your heroes make your way to the city you have to present your letter of introduction to several guards. Each of whom gives you further instructions and tells where to go from there. Finally you take it to a guard sergeant in the city who immediately takes you to Jerin Thorian, Lord Grey. He opens a scroll, glances at it and starts speaking:

“We’ve done much research since we sent out the call for help, and I can tell you the following this disease is called The Ashen Blight and it has cropped up a number of times throughout history, so we know there’s a cure. The problem is that we need someone willing to go to various locations throughout the city and, ahh, acquire the various elements of the cure. If city troops do it, we couldn’t contain the rumors that would fly, and the city’s on the verge of rioting even now. With so many people sick, we can’t risk that.

“Instead, a group of Rangers… that’s another story. It may be that a certain amount of lively negotiating will have to take place to get what we need, though we’d prefer it if you didn’t kill anyone if you can avoid it.

“Sincerely, we thank you for your help. These are hard times in Eastport.”

He hands your heroes a piece of parchment with the symptoms, the conclusion of the Druids, and a list of ingredients the heroes need to obtain. These can be used to brew a curative tea that will begin the healing and allow the Druids time for their magic to speed up the cure. There’s a list of likely locations for several of the ingredients and a notation about the Five Families of Eastport to help orientate the group in a new city. Retrieve the ingredients in order and bring them back.

Your Tour of the City
Your group is given d8 resources for bribes and purchases related to this mission. Mostly in gems and gold, with some small figurines or other valuables thrown in.
Here is a list of the materials needed and the most likely location:
  • Harbor - First, please see the harbormaster Jalenz Karrimayn who has a shipment of Silverwood bark ready for pickup.
  • Western Docks - Find Mistress Alice Saddler and acquire the Stardust Leaves that came into her possession through less-than-legal means. Alice is not one who normally works with the authorities willingly. This task may take a little effort, maybe put your best charmer on this.
  • Ranger Outpost - The Sergeant has a couple kegs of water blessed by the Priest of Light for you. The Rangers have already said they are happy to help us in our tasks.
  • White Crow Theater - The Mockery located at the theater has whispering willow bark and has been holding it for ransom. Your heroes must choose whether to pay the ransom, convince these people of the good of their mission, or go after the Mockery themselves.
  • The Emporium - Run by one of the Five Families and home to a criminal element you will need to be on guard. The Emporium will be the most likely place to find the Silverflower blossoms we need. However try not to run afoul of the criminals down there. If they discover why we need so much they may suddenly raise the prices quite a bit.
Note: If the resource die drops below d4, the group is out of money and must use other means.

Player Instruction:
  • You need to work out are you traveling safely as a group or splitting up?
    I will be requiring a Streetwise roll from each group, but there will be special instructions. So i do not want any rolls until after we declare who is the lead.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Aronan
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: 12 Eastport - City of Quarantine

Post by Aronan »

Notice 4
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Listening to the introduction to the city makes Aronan curious and excited. Such an introduction to Centreport may have made for a more comfortable sleep, he thinks to himself. However, he sets the past aside, this is a new place to explore and learn from. It is also a chance to do good. Kor would be pleased.

"I have little experience, working the streets, as it goes. Perhaps we should make teams to accomplish the tasks, or even move together for safety."
Aronan
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 7 (2)

Golden Benny: 1
Benny's: 3
Tieronar

Post by Tieronar »

"well," Tieronar starts, "the resources at the HArbor and Outpost will wait for us, so I suggest that we go after the others first. I don't think any of us should go alone. Perhaps we should go to the Docks and Emporium first. Those are the places most likely to have spies elsewhere in the city, where news of our actions might raise the prices."

"Then we can go to the theater and deal with the Mockery."
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 7 (9/10), -1 TO BE HIT (Skein of the Ages), Opponents at -2 Gangup against me. , Toughness: 9 (3) Bennies: 3+2+1/3 +2+1
+ 1 Golden Benny
Danyar

Post by Danyar »

"Difficult decision. If we split up, we can cover more ground quickly and accomplish our mission much faster however, it leaves us vulnerable. If we go as a group, we can pool our resources and ideas and ensure we accomplish our goal and, we will have the safety of numbers. I have heard stories from the past of riots that erupt from the populas during these outbreaks. I'm undecided as to which would be more efficient."

I sit and listen to the others make a decision. I know that when we do head out, I will lag behind and scout the area for anyone watching of following the group I'm with.
Danyar
Parry 7
Toughness 6/9
Bennies 3/3
Gold Bennies0/1
Adventure Card: Zavonis, Guide my Shot. (Shooting Penalties reduced by 4 to minimum of 0)
Angis Ironheart
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Angis Ironheart »

Notice 5
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 4
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Angis listened to the Lord Grey and read the note. He couldn’t make hide or hair of the ingredients, but that was druid stuff.

“Seems the ranger station wuild be easy,” he commented. “We cuild send one o’ us over there t’ get it oot o’ the way while the others gather up other stuff. Same with th’arbor. I ain’t one fer schmoozin’, sae I’m no’ likely t’ be much guid wi’ this Alice lass. White Crow an’ Emporium shuild be done by all o’ us, but we cuild likely split up th’other three.”

Actions
Conditions
Potion: Immune to disease for several days
Angis Ironheart Character Sheet
Parry: 8; Toughness: Melee 13 (4)/Ranged 15 (6); Pace: 5
Heart of Stone/Magical Resistance: Armor 5 vs. Magic; +5 to resist Magic
Crossbow bolts: 19 (Loaded: 3/3)
Shield Essence: 4/4
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Ceynara’s Blade: Play during combat with the forces of Flame. The character receives +2 to all Fighting, Shooting, Throwing, and Spellcasting rolls, as well as damage, until the end of the combat.
  • Breath of Life: When this card is played, the character and all allies remove their Shaken status and any Fatigue levels. If played by a Druid, all characters recieve +1 on a Spirit and Vigor checks for the rest of combat as well.

Mission
  • Track down in Eastport the crime boss involved in the plot against the royals
  • Investigate the plague Ashen Blight in Eastport for foul play.
    • Gather up elements for the cure from throughout the city.
    • Try not to kill anyone.
    • Your group is given d8 resources for bribes and purchases related to this mission. Mostly in gems and gold, with some small figurines or other valuables thrown in.
    • Here is a list of the materials needed and the most likely location:
      • Harbor - First, please see the harbormaster Jalenz Karrimayn who has a shipment of Silverwood bark ready for pickup.
      • Western Docks - Find Mistress Alice Saddler and acquire the Stardust Leaves that came into her possession through less-than-legal means. Alice is not one who normally works with the authorities willingly. This task may take a little effort, maybe put your best charmer on this.
      • Ranger Outpost - The Sergeant has a couple kegs of water blessed by the Priest of Light for you. The Rangers have already said they are happy to help us in our tasks.
      • White Crow Theater - The Mockery located at the theater has whispering willow bark and has been holding it for ransom. Your heroes must choose whether to pay the ransom, convince these people of the good of their mission, or go after the Mockery themselves.
      • The Emporium - Run by one of the Five Families and home to a criminal element, you will need to be on guard. The Emporium will be the most likely place to find the Silverflower blossoms we need. However, try not to run afoul of the criminals down there. If they discover why we need so much they may suddenly raise the prices quite a bit.
    • Note: If the resource die drops below d4, the group is out of money and must use other means.

NPCs
  • Frank - our ranger boss
  • Lord Grey, Jerin Thorian (Eastport)
Character Tracker
Parry: 9; Toughness: Melee 13 (4)/Ranged 15 (6); Pace: 5
Bennies: 1/3 + 1 Golden Benny
Adventure Card
Bradon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Bradon »

notice 5
OOC Comments
[dice]0[/dice]
wild dice [dice]1[/dice]
common knowledge 5
OOC Comments
[dice]2[/dice]
wild dice [dice]3[/dice]
Bradon took a cursory look over the note, but he did not understand a lot of it, except the names. This was more Laura and Lysennia's expertise.

“I agree that we should go for the easiest items last and go enmass to each of the less inviting locations first. Whilst speed is needed here, we don’t want to get held up by problem causers.”
Bradon checks his blades, ready to move out.
Lysennia Moonsinger
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Lysennia Moonsinger »

Lysennia reads the list of required supplies. Given time she is sure they could locate most of the items outside the city, but speed is important, and if someone has already gathered the requisite ingredients, then persuading them to part with them must be the way to go.

"Perhaps if we had some idea as to what some of these people might want we could exert some leverage when it comes to negotiations. A few hours spent looking to what motivates the Mockery for example might save us time and potentially money further down the line. Both are commodities which are in short supply".
Lysennia Moonsinger
Let creatures of Flame beware my wrath. . .
Seasoned Eldakar Druid (27xp)
Parry: 7 (2), (+1 from bracers, +1 from staff)
Toughness: 5, (+1 from Tanzanite pendant)
Power Points Remaining: 9/10
Bennies: 4/3
Fatigue: 0
Wounds: 0

Adventure Cards: Landra's Blessing, Breath of Life

Update Signature
Danyar

Post by Danyar »

Lysennia Moonsinger wrote:Lysennia reads the list of required supplies. Given time she is sure they could locate most of the items outside the city, but speed is important, and if someone has already gathered the requisite ingredients, then persuading them to part with them must be the way to go.

"Perhaps if we had some idea as to what some of these people might want we could exert some leverage when it comes to negotiations. A few hours spent looking to what motivates the Mockery for example might save us time and potentially money further down the line. Both are commodities which are in short supply".

"Your idea of leverage is a sound one but, as you have said, time is a commodity we don't have. Taking the time to research their motives could cost us the precious time we have. Considering the scope of this problem and the fact that it is taking many innocent lives both young and old, I think our best options in this circumstance are both Negotiation and Intimidation. Well, maybe Intimidation is too strong of a word maybe influence would be better. While we aren't ones to push folks around or act like bullies, sometimes the greater good of a society warrants some convincing. If we are unable to negotiate a decent price, then we may have to resort to influencing them to see it our way and for the greater good.
Danyar
Parry 7
Toughness 6/9
Bennies 3/3
Gold Bennies0/1
Adventure Card: Zavonis, Guide my Shot. (Shooting Penalties reduced by 4 to minimum of 0)
Sroxl
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sroxl »

"Perhapss Aronan hass the right of it. The dwarf iss a sstout one. He could lead one group whilsst I lead another. Thiss way each group iss protected by a capable warrior. I am not familiar with your abilitiess yet, but I agree that ssplitting up temporarily could be usseful enough to counterbalance the dangerss of being sseparated," Sroxl suggests.

He looks at his new allies and says, "I am not fond of citiess. I will not be much usse during negotiationss either. However, I find that most of the sscaleless are intimidated by my larger ssize and sscarred featuress. That may be of some usse during this misssion."

Sroxl reads the note and ponders its contents, "The harbormaster is a city official. It should be simple enough, but threatening him could be a bad idea. This Mistress Saddler on the other hand may become cooperative with a little pressure and some smooth talking..."

"If one of you hass a ssilvered tongue, perhapss the old guard routine - good guard, bad guard - could work well with thiss Mistresss Ssaddler? Angiss could lead one group to the harbor masster - that sseems like it would be a simple task. I could lead the other group to the wesstern dockss," Sroxl shrugs and continues, "That'ss my besst idea."
Sroxl, Dregordian Berserker
Charisma: -4; Pace: 6; Parry: 8(1); Toughness: 9(3)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Battle Rage: Spirit roll at the beginning of each round, failure results in only being able to make wild attacks and suffering from the effects of Bloodthirsty.
    Berserk: Smarts roll when wounded; Failure = Parry -2, +2 to Fighting, Strength, melee damage, and Toughness. Also ignore all wound modifiers. Cannot use skills, Edges or maneuvers which require concentration (Including Shooting and Taunt, but not Intimidation). Fighting roll of 1 results in hitting an adjacent random target.
    Frightening: +Charisma as a positive modifier to Intimidation rolls.
    Kayakor Initiate: +1 Fighting against anyone armed iwth a Reach 0 Weapon. Opponents lose one point of Gang Up bonus against Sroxl.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 3/3; Golden Bennies: 1/1
Adventure Cards
  • Moment of Glory: Every Hero in Spirit radius of the character loses Shaken status; ignores all wound and fatigue; and gains the benefits of a Joker (do not receive the Benny) for the remainder of the round.
Edit Signature
Danyar

Post by Danyar »

Danyar stands and listens to the newcomer describe how the plan should go. What is this individual thinking? Just walks in, joins up with our group and suddenly wishes to lead by explaining on why he shouldn't lead.

"I am confused Sroxl. You come here and join our group and admit you know nothing of our abilities. You also admit that you are uncomfortable in cities and someone else should hold negotiations. Now, why would we put you in charge of one group aftger you have just admitted you would make a lousy leader? I'm sure your intentions are good however, we don't know you either so, placing you in charge of one group would be a tactical mistake.
Danyar
Parry 7
Toughness 6/9
Bennies 3/3
Gold Bennies0/1
Sroxl
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sroxl »

Sroxl looks at Danyar, a bit confused. Then he asks, "Would you have a priesst, or an archer, or a wizard be the firsst man, or woman, into the frey? I believe that would be the tactical misstake. I do not like citiess, no, but a battlefield is battlefield. I do not intend to sstart unnessesssary trouble, but the thing about trouble iss that it would find you regardlesss of intentionss. I would lead the way sso that I would be the firsst into danger. It materss not who iss in charge of the groupss."

Sroxl looks at Angis and asks, "Am I wrong, dwarf?"
  • Battle Rage: Spirit roll at the beginning of each round, failure results in only being able to make wild attacks and suffering from the effects of Bloodthirsty.
    Berserk: Smarts roll when wounded; Failure = Parry -2, +2 to Fighting, Strength, melee damage, and Toughness. Also ignore all wound modifiers. Cannot use skills, Edges or maneuvers which require concentration (Including Shooting and Taunt, but not Intimidation). Fighting roll of 1 results in hitting an adjacent random target.
    Kayakor Initiate: +1 Fighting against anyone armed iwth a Reach 0 Weapon. Opponents lose one point of Gang Up bonus against Sroxl.
Adventure Cards
  • Moment of Glory: Every Hero in Spirit radius of the character loses Shaken status; ignores all wound and fatigue; and gains the benefits of a Joker (do not receive the Benny) for the remainder of the round.
Edit Signature
Bradon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Bradon »

Bradon raises an eyebrow at the new arrivals comments before he realises what is meant.

"Danyar, I don't think he means what you think he means," Bradon chuckled slightly, coming off the sidelines.

"By lead, I believe he means that Angis and he would be at the front of any group, to take the brunt of any attack. He won't be in charge of the group. If we do split up, that is up to Lysennia."
Angis Ironheart
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Angis Ironheart »

Notice 4
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 5
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

“Bah! Enough talk!” Angis said. He grabbed the list and looked at it again. “We tackle the’ardest nut first. Looks like we’re gaein’ t’ the theatre an’ take care o’ this Mockery. Then we tackle the Emporium, then the docks. Th’others shuild be cake walks.”
OOC Comments
That decisive enough for you, GM? LOL
Actions
Conditions
Potion: Immune to disease for several days
Parry: 8; Toughness: Melee 13 (4)/Ranged 15 (6); Pace: 5
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Ceynara’s Blade: Play during combat with the forces of Flame. The character receives +2 to all Fighting, Shooting, Throwing, and Spellcasting rolls, as well as damage, until the end of the combat.
  • Breath of Life: When this card is played, the character and all allies remove their Shaken status and any Fatigue levels. If played by a Druid, all characters recieve +1 on a Spirit and Vigor checks for the rest of combat as well.

Mission
  • Track down in Eastport the crime boss involved in the plot against the royals
  • Investigate the plague Ashen Blight in Eastport for foul play.
    • Gather up elements for the cure from throughout the city.
    • Try not to kill anyone.
    • Your group is given d8 resources for bribes and purchases related to this mission. Mostly in gems and gold, with some small figurines or other valuables thrown in.
    • Here is a list of the materials needed and the most likely location:
      • The Emporium - Run by one of the Five Families and home to a criminal element, you will need to be on guard. The Emporium will be the most likely place to find the Silverflower blossoms we need. However, try not to run afoul of the criminals down there. If they discover why we need so much they may suddenly raise the prices quite a bit.
    • Note: If the resource die drops below d4, the group is out of money and must use other means.

NPCs
  • Frank - our ranger boss
  • Lord Grey, Jerin Thorian (Eastport)
Character Tracker
Parry: 9; Toughness: Melee 13 (4)/Ranged 15 (6); Pace: 5
Bennies: 1/3 + 1 Golden Benny
Adventure Card
Sroxl
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sroxl »

A curious yearning and a hardness around the eyes come across Sroxl's face, but he laughs geniunely, "Sss sss sss sss," then he says, "I resspect where your heart iss , Angiss. The Mockery doessseem to be one of the more interessting targetss. However, if we go together and confront the Mockery and it doess not go well, or even if it doess go well, but we are forssed to presssure them, word will sspread. It iss one of the unfortunate asspectss of ssity life. The otherss will be more wary and troubling, and sspeed sseems to be of the essensse."

"However, if we split our forssess between acquiring two of the lesss troubling itemss, we will have likely acquired three of the five required itemss before word sspreadss to the otherss. I am asssuming Howard and the rangerss will not be a problem, of coursse. That leavess only the Mockery and the Emporium to deal with. If all goess well with the other two, we may even have time to acquire the fourth item before anyone'ss guard iss up," Sroxl reasons.
OOC Comments
Sroxl definitely believes that this is the best way to get several of the listed items quickly and with the least amount of trouble. However, he does hope that one of the last two will prove..too troubling to resolve peacefully. It's the best of both worlds for him!
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Laura Reis
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Laura Reis »

"I am down for any direction and will go with whomever needs my assistance." She ponders in the corner while everyone goes over the plans. Whilst waiting she spends time reading her book and occasionally staring at the new lizard man having never seen one before.
Laura Reis
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Skills: Fighting d6, Investigation d6, Knowledge (Dark Creatures) d4, Knowledge (Flame Creatures) d4, Knowledge (Magic) d8, Lockpicking d6, Notice d6, Sorcery d10, Stealth d6, Streetwise d6, Throwing d4
Charisma: -; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 6 (2)
Edges: Education, Epic Destiny, Fast Learner, Sorcerer
Powers: Bolt, Boost Trait, Deflection, Cantrips
Bennies: 1/3

ESSENCE:  7/10
ACTIVE EFFECTS: None
Bradon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Bradon »

Rolls carried

Bradon shrugged, leaning against a nearby wall.

"Your call Lysennia, though I'm inclined to agree with Angis."
Lysennia Moonsinger
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Lysennia looks at Bradon, one eyebrow slightly raised, but stands and moves to the middle of the room to address the group.

"Whilst splitting our efforts might on the surface seem a worthwhile tactic, we are operating in a foreign city with little or no intelligence to go on. What we have is at best second hand information and at worst might be considered dangerously inaccurate hearsay."

Lysennia paces across the room deep in thought.

"Angis. I agree, the Mockery first. They are too much of an unknown however to just barge in and try and intimidate. I still feel we need to gather a little information. The ascended only know why I'm suggesting this, but I think we are going to have to split up. We can't afford to spend time on reconnaissance, and do nothing else. Here's how I see it. Danyar, Bradon and Laura will most likely attract least attention. Stake out the area around the theatre, find out what you can from the locals about the Mockery. I'll take Tier and Aronan to get the Stardust Leaves".

"That just leaves Angis and Sroxl, I should place one with each group, but which one?"

She walks toward Angis trying to read the dwarfs body language.

"Angis, you go with the team staking out the theatre, if anything goes wrong I'll be relying on you to pull them out of it. Sroxl will perform the same role for my team."

She leans in to the dwarf and whispers so only he can hear, "Where I can see him. Don't worry, should he prove to be untrustworthy I'll drop him where he stands".

Once more the the room as a whole, "Meet up in the nearest tavern to the theatre in. . .", she looks out of the windows ". . .about three hours from now. Hopefully we'll have secured the stardust leaves, and our recon team will have some good news for us before we tackle the Mockery."

"Any questions or suggestions before we move out? Today is likely to be a busy day and time is a luxury we don't have."
Lysennia Moonsinger

Update Signature
Danyar

Post by Danyar »

Finally the plan is decided. Now lets get to work. As the group starts to head out, I notice Sroxl heading out with Lysennia's group. I walk up to Lysennia and whisper into her ear.

Lysennia, do you think it wise to take Sroxl with you without Angis? We know nothing about him except from his exaggerated entrance where his main goal is to fight. Your going into a delicate situation and I don't trust him one bit. You may need help in controlling him.

I stand there for a moment and wait as Lysennia contemplates my words and forms her reply, watching the newcomer discreetly.
Danyar
Parry 7
Toughness 6/9
Bennies 3/3
Gold Bennies0/1
Tieronar

Post by Tieronar »

Angis Ironheart wrote:
Notice 4
Notice [dice]39836:0[/dice]
Wild [dice]39836:1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 5
Smarts [dice]39836:2[/dice]
Wild [dice]39836:3[/dice]

“Bah! Enough talk!” Angis said. He grabbed the list and looked at it again. “We tackle the’ardest nut first. Looks like we’re gaein’ t’ the theatre an’ take care o’ this Mockery. Then we tackle the Emporium, then the docks. Th’others shuild be cake walks.”
Tieronar leans over to DaAnyar.

"Am I the only one who finds the Dregordian easier to understand than the dwarf?"
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 7 (9/10), -1 TO BE HIT (Skein of the Ages), Opponents at -2 Gangup against me. , Toughness: 9 (3) Bennies: 3+2+1/3 +2+1
+ 1 Golden Benny
Tieronar

Post by Tieronar »

Tieronar looks at Lysennia and the Sroxyl.

"Come with us," he tells the reptilian, "You can tell us more of your travels as we walk. Besides, you give us someone to hide behind."
+ 1 Golden Benny
Lysennia Moonsinger
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Danyar wrote:Finally the plan is decided. Now lets get to work. As the group starts to head out, I notice Sroxl heading out with Lysennia's group. I walk up to Lysennia and whisper into her ear.

Lysennia, do you think it wise to take Sroxl with you without Angis? We know nothing about him except from his exaggerated entrance where his main goal is to fight. Your going into a delicate situation and I don't trust him one bit. You may need help in controlling him.

I stand there for a moment and wait as Lysennia contemplates my words and forms her reply, watching the newcomer discreetly.
"Perhaps", murmurs Lysennia. "But maybe his arrival is timely. He may be guided by the Ascended in ways we do not yet perceive. It would sit ill with me not to give him the benefit of the doubt until we have the measure of him"

"Let me worry about Sroxl. I don't feel he is beyond the three of us should things turn sour, and I would not leave the three of you without sound backup you can rely upon. Keep an eye on Laura. She handled herself well enough on the ship, but I worry her inexperience might lead her to bite off more than she can chew."

"Says the person so casually brushing off suggestions she can't handle a massive Dregordian warrior on her own" she thinks to herself wryly.

Lysennia heads toward the door intending to follow Tieronar and Sroxl.
Lysennia Moonsinger

Update Signature
Bradon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Bradon »

Rolls carried

Bradon shrugged at Lysennia as if to say you're in charge

"Mockery it is. You don't want us to talk to them? Something like that place is going to be difficult to scout without them noticing."
Lysennia Moonsinger
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Bradon wrote:Rolls carried

Bradon shrugged at Lysennia as if to say you're in charge

"Mockery it is. You don't want us to talk to them? Something like that place is going to be difficult to scout without them noticing."
Lysennia turns back toward Bradon.

"Talk by all means, but not of our objective. Hopefully they remain unaware of our interest in the willow bark, and I would not forewarn them. Don't shy away from any member of the Mockery you may encounter, but I would expect more useful information to come from those who live and work in proximity to the theatre, rather than the careless tongue of one of the Mockery themselves. However should an opportunity to acquire some 'leverage' arise, I trust to your good judgement in the matter".
Lysennia Moonsinger

Update Signature
Sroxl
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sroxl »

Notice 8
Notice to hear the whispering: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild: [dice]1[/dice] Ace: [dice]2[/dice]
Sroxl nods as the decision is made and their plan of action is settled upon. He says, "Thiss plan iss not without merit. It iss not what I would choosse; however, I am glad the disscusssion is finisshed. Keep them ssafe, Angiss!"
Tieronar wrote:Tieronar looks at Lysennia and the Sroxyl.

"Come with us," he tells the reptilian, "You can tell us more of your travels as we walk. Besides, you give us someone to hide behind."
Sroxxl bursts into laughter at the Brinchie's jab, "Sss sss sss."

He retorts, "Feel free to hide behind me, little kitten. I will keep you ssafe until you can reveal yoursself for the lion I hope you are."

As Lysennia whispers to Angis and then Danyar, Sroxl and Tieronar happen to be just close enough for Sroxl to pick up the gist of the comments. His back stiffens at the suggestion that he would be dishonorable. Sroxl quickly soothes his inner beast, "Their ways are not ours. Remember the teachings. The scaleless cannot be held accountable for their ignorance unless it is willful ignorance. It would be a greater dishonor to react poorly."

The dregordian takes a deep breath and tells Tieronar, "You know one thing I appresshiate about you, and your people, Brinchie? Although sseen ass outcastss by mosst - I have found that I am more welcome amongsst your people than any of the other sscalelesss. Even though I have pledged my sservissess to the Rangerss, I am consstantly met with disstrusst and fear, even from other Rangerss. None have welcomed me with open armss ass you have. Thank you, Tieronar."
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Aronan
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Aronan »

Notice - Critical Failure!
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Despite his time on the mainland, cities still mortify and fascinate him. All the people living close together, at ground level, it is a far cry from the tree dwellings of most villages on Korindia. And or course, there is metal everywhere. Navigating through the streets toward the theater, Aronan does his best to look like a visitor while the others scout. He walks around looking at architecture, browsing shop stalls, and smiling at children. He will let the others look for signs of danger and follow their lead - completely oblivious to his surroundings.
Aronan
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 7 (2)

Golden Benny: 1
Benny's: 3

Return to “Adventure Forum”