Day 3: A Stranger at Sunset

Tribe of One

Day 3: A Stranger at Sunset

Post by Tribe of One »

Black Mesa buzzes like a beehive the next few days.

Much of the hubbub has to do with the changes at the Killian ranch. Although the arrangement between Ella-Reese Killian and the Black Market representatives called for relatively little to change, on the surface at least, there's a natural re-ordering that comes with any shift in the local power structure. Other power brokers in town recruit some of those left without a patron, and more than a few gamblers reconsider which horse to lay their money on.

After Old Man Killian's impromptu wake, business at the Sidewinder settles down a bit, which leaves Baz grousing as he lounges upstairs in his favorite chair. Stella is as sunny as ever, and the saloon serves as an unofficial base of operations for the COT as its members make their way around town on business.

The Black Market is true to its word and gives you a good price for the guns and scrapped power armor you've hauled back to the town, and the credits fund a short-lived spending spree, with some of you spending the next two days in the workshop or cyber clinic while others peruse the varied offerings of Black Mesa's markets.

Tired and tricked out like a bunch of dust-covered peacocks, you all gather at the saloon on the third day, as afternoon gives way to evening. Round about the time the setting sun is creeping behind the Mesa, a dust plume rises in the west, slowly resolving into the hazy shape of a rider, silhouette framed by the blood-red sun at his back.

A few minutes later, the battered hovercycle rumbles up to the hitching post outside the Sidewinder. Its equally battered rider dismounts, shaking sand and dust from his clothes. He limps as he approaches, and his hat and long coat are ragged and faded. Still, he manages to cut an imposing figure as he throws open the saloon doors at the Sidewinder and approaches the table the COT has secured for the meet.

Pulling the dirty bandana from around his neck, the man -- the veteran cyber-knight, Keegan, if your intel was correct -- runs his fingers through his beard and spits on the floor, clearing his throat of the dust of a long journey. This close, you see that Keegan is missing his right eye. Unlike the Sidewinder's larmac owner, he doesn't bother to cover the scarred socket with a patch.

"I hope y'all are big damn heroes, 'cause anything less ain't gonna last a week where I'm asking you to go," he says by way of introduction.

He starts to pull out a chair, then stops in his tracks as Stella approaches.

"Ma'am, I ... well, it's been many a mile and many a heartache since I last saw the sun shining from your face. Sometimes I think I dreamed what we done down in Af ..."

He's cut off as Stella places a hand on his arm and smiles, radiant as ever.

"I think you must have me mistaken for someone else, sir knight. I'm just a saloon gal from Black Mesa, but I'd be happy to bring you something to drink after such a long journey. By the looks of you, you've earned it many times over."

Keegan smiles and nods, bemused (as so many are when first encountering the Sidewinder's resident angel), and Stella runs to fetch a pitcher of beer and a bottle of rye whiskey.

Shaking his head, the grizzled warrior takes a seat and begins to explain his request.

"I don't know what Coake told you, or in what ways my message got garbled up and confused as it passed through that Legion he's got started down in Arkansas. But I've got a task that needs doing, and too few hands to do it on my own."

Making sure he's got your attention, Keegan continues.

"There’s this D-Bee village northwest of here, peaceful folk, stranded after comin' outta some rift or another that snatched 'em off their planet and dumped 'em here. They took me in after I got bushwacked by some Simvan and nursed me back to health, and I've been trying to look after 'em as I can. Well, I got wrapped up in Tolkeen for a while, and by the time I made it back the town had been taken over by bandits from the Pecos, a gang calling themselves the Blue Hand Raiders. They're a nasty bunch, made up of castoffs and black hats and killers who was just too mean for some of the more established gangs down south. They been riding all around north of here, far up as the Colorado Baronies and east to Missouri."

"Nobody seems to know much about their leader, a man they call Shibboleth, the Outsider. But he's got a couple of lieutenants that run things in these parts, a fallen knight calling herself Ronin and a D-bee 'slinger named Cassius, one of the scaly bastards they call vanguard brawlers out east."

Keegan knocks back a swallow of whiskey and bares his teeth.

"Them bastards been raiding all over the territory, but leaving a small force of men to lord it over the village, which had been making a peaceful living bartering with traders and recharging power supplies for travelers passing by. I mean to get rid of the varmints and free the town, but as you can see I got a mite crippled up in the war and can't do it on my own. That's where you come in. With a couple dozen well-armed men, it'll be like clearing a wheat field."
GM Bennies: 7/7
Rill
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: Day 3: A Stranger at Sunset

Post by Rill »

Notice 8, CK 16, Detect Arcana
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
(includes Awareness and Sight bonuses)

CK [dice]2[/dice]
Ace! [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
(Includes HJ bonus)

Activate See Aura (detect arcana) as a free action without a roll. Diagnostic trapping.
Rill takes a look at the aura of the haggard man in front of him and says "Well-met, Sir Knight. Tell me, has no healer looked at your injuries?"
Character Sheet
Silverclaws
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Silverclaws »

Silver was standing near the door frame to the saloon. With his back against the wall he was able to assess those entering the Sidewinder without scaring them much. Doc Olly Day had done such a fine job with his Optics Package, that no one could tell the difference between his natural eyes and these new ones.

The readouts from his new eyes were giving feedback about Keegan's biometrics and vital signs.
Notice Anything
  • Notice 7, 9 Scent or Sound
  • Notice [dice]0[/dice] (+2; +4 Scent or Sound)
  • Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Know This
[*] Common Knowledge [dice]2[/dice]
Silver remains quiet and lets those who speak better lead off and carry the conversation.
Silverclaws
Quick Stats _
Veteran Wolfen MARS Techno-Warrior
Charisma: 0 || Pace: 8 (1d8) || Parry: 8 (9 with claws) || Toughness: 23 (6) || Size: +1 || Strain: 19/22
Wounds: None || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges:
  • Level-Headed Edge: Draw two initiative cards and take the best.
  • Danger Sense Edge: Notice roll -2 before being suprised or ambushed.
Relevant Edges:
Bennies: 4/4
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • JA-9 Variable Laser Rifle
  • Chain Greatsword
  • Silvered Vibro-Blade Vembraces
Adventure Cards _
  • (46) Renown: Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).
Jack 'Bullet' Jones
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Jack 'Bullet' Jones »

Notice 5, CK 6
Notice
[dice]0[/dice]

WD Notice
[dice]1[/dice]

CK
[dice]2[/dice]

WD CK
[dice]3[/dice]
Jack tips his hat as the grizzled cyber knight ambles in. He raises an eyebrow at the...mistaken identity?...of Stella. Ain't many angels lookin' like Stella just galavantin' around. He listens as the knight mentions the Blue Hand Raiders, and pipes up. "Blue Hands? Ah run across a few of them awhile back. Ah've met pissed off rattlesnakes with sweeter dispositions. Them fellas are nasty as they come, no joke. Can't one of 'em play poker worth a pile a' beans though. Get real cross when they get their chips raked away from 'em."

Jack sips on whiskey as the knight explains the situation. Jack blinks at the mention of Cassius. "Ronan ah ain't heard of, but ah heard tell of Cassius. Nasty cuss, makes the rest of 'em look like teddy bears. Faster'n a tornado runnin' downhill. Ah reckon we got our share of work ahead of us. But what's this about a couple dozen? You got more hands than yer showin'? Ain't but eight of us here, plus yerself, if yer taggin' along. Orrin, you manage ta talk any a' Killian's hands inta joinin' up?"
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Current Status Post
Bennies: 2/3
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 5
Toughness: 14 (6)
ISP: 38 / 50
Active Powers: Greater Boost Trait - Shooting (+2 die types); Greater Smite (PHC, silver, raise); Greater Deflection (raise, -6 to hit)
Pace: 6
Pertinent Edges: Master Psionic, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Strong Willed, Ambidextrous, Two Fisted, Quick, Elan
Armor: TW Lucky Devil's Duster
  • +6 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
  • FEP
  • +2 Gambling
  • Armor, Quickness, Invisibility powers
Weapon(s) in holster:
Right hand: PHC
Left hand: Hellfire Hand Cannon
Telekinesis: inactive
Adventure Cards:
  • none drawn yet
Edit Signature
Orrin Truthseeker
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Orrin Truthseeker »

Notice 4, CK 10
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
CK [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Ace [dice]4[/dice]
Orrin is leaning on the bar explaining to one of the local hands for the third time that he isnt technically a D-bee because of his recent mutation when Keegan walks in.

"...stands for Dimensional Being, and I'm not from another dimension therefore..." Orrin trails off as the swing doors to the saloon are pushed open. Orrin had never met this Keegan, but from the air of confidence about him, there could be no doubt that this is the man they are waiting for.

Orrin nods to the knight and ushers him over to the table. He makes quick introductions and then listens intently to Keegan give them his quick briefing.
Keegan wrote:Black Mesa buzzes like a beehive the next few days.
That's where you come in. With a couple dozen well-armed men, it'll be like clearing a wheat field."
"Orders or not, that sounds like kind of thing we would be more than happy to help with. Unfortunately, our efforts haven't been as...successful in the region as we would have hoped. Though we've got many more sympathetic town folk than we did last week, I doubt we can convice more than a couple, if that, to take up arms on behalf of anything other than defending there own lands." Orrin says, then quickly adds "Can hardly blame them, as that seems hard enough around these parts" lest anyone take offence.

"Luckily I think I know the village you are talking about, and I know of a old hunters trail that bypasses a few chunks of the main road between here and there." Orrin shivers as he remembers the last time he was out on that trail. He came across a Grackletooth just as he was putting the finishing shot into a poor beast at what must have been a hundred yards. I despise the idea of hunting, but I have to admit that hunters know where to find interesting wildlife. Anyway, it might help to avoid too much trouble on the way out there. Do you think the villagers themselves could be roused to fight for to free their town? What would it take?"

"I assume you'll be taking command of the operation?" Orrin adds hopefully.
Orrin Truthseeker
Orrin Truthseeker
Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 0/3; PPE: 15/35; Staff PPE: 10/10; Armor PPE: 10/10

Parry: 4+1
Pace: 5+2
Toughness: 16 (6)
Active Effects Staff:, Spellcasting +1, Parry +1; Armor: Spellcasting +1, Kn Arc +2;

Notable Edges: LL Rejuvination; Common Bond; Wizard; Marksman; Metal Skin; Elan; Investigator (armor)
Powers: Beast Friend; Waking Dream (Illusion); Fireball (Bolt); Chakra Surge/Syphon (Boost/Lower Trait); Nature’s Gift (Warrior’s Gift); Mystical Sight (Detect Arcana); Arcane Severance (Dispel); Shadow Guard (Deflection); Adrenaline (Quickness); Armor

Bennies: 1/3
-1 Bennie - advancing through the train
-1 Bennie to unshake after backlash
-1 Bennie gifted to Blurr through common bond
+3 from Stella
+1 Jack Joker
+1 Tito Joker
-2 try to free the kids
-1 Reroll puppet resist
-1 reroll puppet breakout

Aventure Cards:
Inspiration: Friendly characters (including yourhero) add +2 to all trait rolls for therest of this round.

Spill the Beans:
The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force.

Power Surge: Immediately recover all spent Power Points.

Update Signature
Kim Black
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kim Black »

Notice 4 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 1 Critical Fail
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Kim was fiddling at the table with a few bits and parts for some projects she was planning when the gnarled old cyber-knight Keegan thumped into the saloon. The young techno-wizard looked up at the man, thinking he looked like he’d been run over by a Black Market delivery coach or two. She quickly cleared some of the table for him and took a sip of her ginger ale as she listened to the job.

“What do the bandits want with the village?” she asked. “Are they just holding it for extortion? What kind of D-Bees are they?” she asked curiously. “And how many Blue Hand bandits are we talking about?”

She glanced over at the others. “We might be able to get the Black Market to foot some fighters if we can convince them the village is a profitable place to post an agent. How many travelers do they serve a year?”

OOC Comments
Conditions:
  • Arcane Machinist (6/6)
  • Backpack of Shooting Stars
    • 42/42 shots
    • PPE 10/10
Equipment
This should be about at her load limit of 30 lb.
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Vibro-Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
Vehicle
Desert Fox Hovercycle (stats of NG-150): Combining solar cells and a powerful electric engine, the Desert Fox has a range of 600 miles and a max ceiling of 20 feet, before it needs a night’s recharge. (153,000 credits)
  • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector
    • Damage: 3d10
    • Range: 24/48/96
    • ROF 1
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Notes: Exposed Crew, Handling 3, Hover
Loot
Loot
  • 2 L-20 Pulse rifles
    • Damage: 3d6+1
    • Range: 25/50/100
    • ROF 4
    • AP 2
    • Shots: 40
    • Weight: 7
  • 2 Wilk’s-Remi 136 pistols
    • Damage: 2d6+1, AP 4
    • Range: 15/30/60
    • ROF: 1
    • Shots: 16
    • Weight: 3
  • 2 Vibro-knives
Character Tracking
Kim Black Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (7)
PPE: 14/20
Arcane Machinist (5/6): armor, barrier, blast, blind, bolt, boost/lower Trait, burrow, burst, clairvoyance, confusion, damage field, darksight, deflection, detect/conceal arcana, dispel, drain Power Points, entangle, environmental protection, farsight, fly, havoc, healing, intangibility, invisibility, light/obscure, pummel, quickness, slumber, smite, speak language, speed, stun, succor, telekinesis, teleport, wall walker, warrior’s gift.
Ace: May make Soak rolls for vehicles at -2

Backpack of Shooting Stars
  • 42/42 shots
  • PPE 10/10
Device: Boost Trait (Shooting)
  • PPE 13/17
Hellfire Sword
  • PPE 10/10
Jammer Pistol
  • 10/10 shots
UEMC (10 charges/e-clip)
Adventure Cards
  • Theme Song: It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words.
  • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un-Shaken now as well.
  • Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.

Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Hellfire Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
  • Multitool: +1 Repair
  • UEMC

Vehicles
Northern Gun Sky Siren (Mountaineer w/ hover)(TW)
Ostensibly designed as a civilian vehicle, the NG Sky Siren is a rugged, but agile, hover transport with plenty of room for combat upgrades. The nuclear engine provides near limitless range, while the powerful hoverjets give it a max altitude of about 20 feet, although it is capable of handling drops of up to 100 feet.
  • Light Missile Launcher (turret)
    • Damage: 5d6 MBT MD AP 13 (anti-vehicle missiles)
    • Range: 150/300/600
    • Shots: 8
      • 1 reload of 8 shots (anti-vehicle)
    • Reload: 3000/missile/total=24k credits
  • Light Rail Gun (forward mounted)
    • Damage: 2d10+4, ROF 3, AP 10
    • Range: 100/200/400
    • Shots: 45
    • Reload: 10,000 credits
  • Size 5
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Toughness 25 (14)
  • Crew 1+5
  • Remaining Mods: 1
  • Handling 1
  • Hover
  • Environmental systems
  • MDC Armor
  • Sensor suite
  • TW Minor Mods: +2 Piloting
  • TW Major Mods: +4 die types to Piloting
  • Cantrip: Purple flame light on the front grill
Desert Fox Hovercycle (stats of NG-150): Combining solar cells and a powerful electric engine, the Desert Fox has a range of 600 miles and a max ceiling of 20 feet, before it needs a night’s recharge. (153,000 credits)
  • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector
    • ROF 1
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
Police Hovercycle (Speedster hovercycle)
  • Mini Rail Gun
    • Damage: 2d8+4, ROF 4, AP6
    • Range: 75/150/300
    • Shots: 32
  • Toughness 17 (8)
  • ACC/TS: 15/80
  • Size 2
  • Crew: 1
  • Exposed Crew, Hover
Big Boss ATV (space girl has it currently)
  • Toughness 23 (12)
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Size 4
  • Crew 1+3
  • Remaining Mods 2
  • Notes: All-Terrain, M.D.C. Armor
Mission Loot
494,000 credits in salvage/misc gear and cyberwear
A pair of pearl-handled TX-26 Particle Beam Pistols previously owned by Dutch (Range 10/20/40, Damage 2d8+3, RoF 1, AP 2, Semiauto)
A pair of Infernal Sixguns made of smoking black iron, previously "owned" by Hex (Range 10/20/40, Damage 1-3d8, RoF 1, AP 4, +2d Shooting, gain Vow: Serve the Devil).
A TW shard pistol (Range 15/30/60, Damage 2d8+1, RoF 3, AP 1, 3RB, lower trait (Vigor) activated by Shooting)
A vehicular Light Rail Gun salvaged from Oso's otherwise-scrapped power armor (Range 100/200/400, Damage 2d10+4, RoF 3, AP 10, Mega Damage)
Bandit IP-44 Super Ion Pistols (as NG-59, Range 10/20/40, Damage 1-3d6, RoF 1, plus single-shot grenade launcher loaded with plasma, Range 12/24/48, Damage 3d10, ignores all but sealed armor, SBT), ammo belt includes 6 spare plasma grenades
5 Plasma grenades
4 High Explosive grenades
4 Armor Piercing grenades
4 Frag grenades
Silverclaws
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Silverclaws »

"Ms. Kim, dealings with the Black Market should be kept to a minimum. Its like crawling into bed with spiders, scorpions, and snakes. One wrong move or misunderstood intent and you are done. No more Legion. No more time to tinker and build. Your life is no longer your own."

"My guess is this village wants to remain remote and of the Black Market raider radar." Silver laughs at his own pun. His laugh causes the saloon to shake and everything inside the saloon trimmers and shakes as well.

From the upstairs can be heard, "SILVER!" Silver stops laughing. Looking upto the second floor, Baz is holding onto the railing with a scolding look on his face. Like a puppy who has torn the morning paper to shreds and was found in the act, Silver's tail goes between his legs and his head hangs near his chest. And everything settles back down and goes silent and still once more.
Silverclaws
Quick Stats _
Charisma: 0 || Pace: 8 (1d8) || Parry: 8 (9 with claws) || Toughness: 23 (6) || Size: +1 || Strain: 19/22
Combat Edges:
Relevant Edges:
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • Chain Greatsword
Adventure Cards _
  • (46) Renown: Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).
Sir Blurre
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Sir Blurre »

Sir Blurre smiled at the man's exchange with Stella. I've always suspected hidden depths to that woman, but this hints at something even deeper.

Then he leans back to listen, relaxed but attentive, as Sir Keegan explains the situation. He frowns at the town's plight, and is quite clearly ready to head in there to help, backup force or no. And then he blinks, and leans forward, face intent and somber. "A fallen Knight? That is... distressing. Are these lieutenants usually in the town, overseeing things, or are they out as part of the raiding parties, normally?"
Sir Blurre
Quick Stats
Quick-Flex Cyber-Knight
Agility d10, Smarts d6-1, Spirit d12+1 (+3), Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Psionics d6; Fighting d12; Shooting d6; Streetwise d6+2; Intimidate d6+2; Taunt d6+2; Notice d4; Survival d4+2; Persuasion d4; Investigation d4; Common Knowledge d6-1
Charisma: +2; Pace: 14/d12+1;
Shield: Parry: 11 (-2 to be hit by tech); Toughness: 14 (4) melee, 18 (8) range; +2 vs. Evil
No Shield: Parry: 9 (-2 to be hit by tech); Toughness: 14 (4); +2 vs. Evil
Hindrances: Overconfident, Vow, Code of Honor, All Thumbs, Poverty
Notice d4, Common Knowledge d6+1, Intimidation d6+2, Persuasion d4+2, Taunt d6+2
Edges: Elan, Champion, Charge/Overrun, Ambidextrous/Two-Fisted, Common Bond, Well-Traveled (+2 CK rolls for people/geography in NorthAmerica); Master Psi-Sword
Powers: Speed, Deflection, Quickness, Wall-Walker

Bennies: 4/5
ISP: 19/20 (To recharge, must let armor go uncharged for an hour)

[list]Q2/19 Adventure cards:
Contact - Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
Arcane Inspiration - When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Inspiration - Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round.[/list]
Severianna
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Severianna »

Notice 4,6,6, CK 2
Notice (+2 Sight based rolls - cybernetics) (+2 rolls that only relate to traps and similar devices)
CK roll [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die roll [dice]1[/dice]

Common Knowledge (-2 Clueless Hinderence)
CK roll [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die roll [dice]3[/dice]
Severianna sits at the table next to Kim. Randomly picking up parts and things with her tail as she watches the Techno-wizard fiddle and work. "Do you need this thing? no? okay." she puts the metal thingy down. "How about this thingy? not that one? okay." She puts the dull circle piece down. "How about this thingy? Does that help? Not right now? Okay." She smiles at Kim and then lets her work on her own while taking a drink of her ginger ale just like Kim.

As Stella comes around Sev stares at her, as most do just taking her presence in, and also a nice deep breath and feels relaxed and calm just by the vision of Stella walking by.

Seeing the new guy walk in and speak to the group Sev listens to him. After a bit she slowly brings her tail up at one point as if raising her hand in middle school to ask a question when Jack speaks up and makes some key points, and Sev brings her tail down. Then she slowly raises her tail again, as a question emerged from her brain, and then Orrin speaks up and adds some more specifics to the meeting. She drops her tail again. As the conversation finishes she forgets what her question was to begin with and just sits quietly at the table with the group.
Severianna
Quick Stats
Night Crawler, MARS PC, DESCRIPTION, ETC
Agility d12+1, Smarts d6, Spirit d10, Strength d10, Vigor d12
Charisma: 0,-4 CS; Pace: 6; Parry: 13; Toughness: Light Armor 12 (4), Tactical Armor 14 (6) Light Armor + shield 16 (4),
2 shields 20 (4), Tactical + shield 20 (6), 2 shields 24 (6)

Hindrances: Clueless; Vow to help other slaves/captured creatures; Loyal to friends; InHuman; Curiosity, Wanted; Coalition, Quirk - touchy tail
Notice d6 (+2 that relates to traps and similar devices, +2 sight based rolls (cybernetic eyes), Common Knowledge d4-4, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d4-2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Acrobat +2 Agility rolls, Dirty Fighter +4 w/Acrobat on trick moves, Tricky Fighter no multi-action penalty for tricks, Ambidextrous, Two-Fisted, Nerves of Steel & Improved Nerves of Steel ignore 2 pts of wound penalties, Combat Reflexes +2 to Spirit rolls to recover from Shaken, Prehensile Tail that gives an additional non-movement action each round.
Adventure cards:
  • Out of the Frying Pan - Play to avoid death, capture, or some other bad situation for your hero or any ally. The situation leads to some new trouble, however, as determined by the GM.
  • We Have The Talent - you gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.

Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

It's obvious to both cybernetic and mystic senses that the old knight, Keegan, is in pain, though he covers it well. Old war wounds, most likely, as well as arthritis and other ailments that afflict those lucky or skillful enough to survive into old age. He's hale enough he's not going to topple over just yet, but his pain-free days are behind him.

He chuckles when Rill asks about his injuries.

"You got a cure for mortality you're peddling, preacher? Don't worry none, the holes I've got in me I earned, and the scars help hold everything together."

Affable as he is, Keegan seems caught off-guard when Jack says the COT numbers only eight (and that's being generous with regard to official membership).

"What do you mean only eight? I thought you Legion folks ran around in packs? I ran into another one of your SETs up north that had more than 20. Well, hell, if you ain't recruited more yet, we'll have to make do with what you got. Better'n nothing, I reckon, but I've already burned about as much time as I had coming out here to get you."

He takes another swig of whiskey and swirls it around before swallowing.

"We'll just have to fight smarter'n them, which shouldn't be too hard. The lieutenants, Ronin and Cassius, ain't usually in the village, but running around in the desert raiding settlements and robbing them TW trains that run up to the Baronies. The men that stay behind in Marron ain't the top of the pecking order. They'll have the numbers, but may not be smart enough to use 'em against us."

He considers when Orrin asks about organizing the D-bees.

"Mebbe. But the people of Marron are a peaceful bunch. Avoid violence, even in self-defense. Physically, they're mostly human-looking, just a bit stretched, with a kinda golden cast to their skin. From talking with them I get the idea that wherever they're from the gravity is lower, so they grow taller and thinner."

"They also glow a mite in the sun, which I understand is a byproduct of what they eat. They feed off a radiation, turns out, so standing around in the desert with no shade to them is like snacking on a light supper."

"Something like a nuclear gennie is like an all-you-can-eat buffet for the whole bunch, and that's about what they got in Marron. The village is built on top a some old pre-Rifts mine or bunker. The reactor down below went tits up at some point, and everything underground is all irradiated. For the villagers, it's like Eden. They'll send a couple men down, who absorb as much as they can, then come back up and let everyone else soak up those tasty gamma rays."

"They'll also find stuff down there they can haul up and "clean," then trade off to visitors, and the leaky reactor is still good for charging E-clips and such. They was making a decent little living until the Blue Hand showed up. Ronin and Cassius are apparently convinced the villagers are sitting on some pre-Rifts treasure trove but won't admit it. They been threatening and using hostages to try to force 'em to give it up, and it ain't gonna be long before they start executing people to try to break the others."
Rill
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Rill »

Notice 11, CK 7
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

CK [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Tribe of One wrote:It's obvious to both cybernetic and mystic senses that the old knight, Keegan, is in pain, though he covers it well. Old war wounds, most likely, as well as arthritis and other ailments that afflict those lucky or skillful enough to survive into old age. He's hale enough he's not going to topple over just yet, but his pain-free days are behind him.

He chuckles when Rill asks about his injuries.

"You got a cure for mortality you're peddling, preacher? Don't worry none, the holes I've got in me I earned, and the scars help hold everything together."
Rill, quite accustomed to uncooperative patients, gives a serene nod. ”Mortality is a bit above my pay grade,” he points a finger at the sky, ”but your leg, or perhaps your eyesight, those are certainly not. It will take me a few hours to make an attempt, but if what you say is true, it will be time well spent. We may not have the numbers to resist these foes with violence, but surely having you at your best out there would be of true advantage?”
Character Sheet
Jack 'Bullet' Jones
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

"What do you mean only eight? I thought you Legion folks ran around in packs? I ran into another one of your SETs up north that had more than 20. Well, hell, if you ain't recruited more yet, we'll have to make do with what you got. Better'n nothing, I reckon, but I've already burned about as much time as I had coming out here to get you."

He takes another swig of whiskey and swirls it around before swallowing.

"We'll just have to fight smarter'n them, which shouldn't be too hard. The lieutenants, Ronin and Cassius, ain't usually in the village, but running around in the desert raiding settlements and robbing them TW trains that run up to the Baronies. The men that stay behind in Marron ain't the top of the pecking order. They'll have the numbers, but may not be smart enough to use 'em against us."
Jack chuckles. "Well, we got eight bodies. If'n it's a fight we're lookin' at, ah believe we punch above our weight. Ah reckon, long as we don't go marchin' down Main Street, drawers flappin' in the breeze, ah could get ten, fifteen on my own without too much trouble. Easier if they're as dumb as you say." He takes a sip of his whiskey and continues listening to the veteran cyber knight.
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Current Status Post
Active Powers: Greater Boost Trait - Shooting (+2 die types); Greater Smite (PHC, silver, raise); Greater Deflection (raise, -6 to hit)
Pertinent Edges: Master Psionic, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Strong Willed, Ambidextrous, Two Fisted, Quick, Elan
  • +6 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
  • FEP
  • +2 Gambling
Weapon(s) in holster:
Adventure Cards:
  • none drawn yet
Edit Signature
Sir Blurre
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Sir Blurre »

Blurre nods as Sir Keegan explains the situation. "Then once we secure the town, I assume you plan to wait there for the raiding parties to return--or at least to head out, if we can find a good place to intercept them. Just taking out the ones camped in the town and leaving would invite reprisals against the very folks we're going to help. Besides, bringing in a Fallen Knight is part of the Code." Especially if....

He then listens to the bit with the D-Bee's unusual eating habits. "More radiation?" He looks at Orrin. "Do we have time for the rest of you to acquire some environmental protection? If the situation calls for us to go down below, I'd rather not see what a further dose might trigger in your condition."
Sir Blurre
Quick Stats
Quick-Flex Cyber-Knight
Skills: Psionics d6; Fighting d12; Shooting d6; Streetwise d6+2; Intimidate d6+2; Taunt d6+2; Notice d4; Survival d4+2; Persuasion d4; Investigation d4; Common Knowledge d6-1
Shield: Parry: 11 (-2 to be hit by tech); Toughness: 14 (4) melee, 18 (8) range; +2 vs. Evil
Notice d4, Common Knowledge d6+1, Intimidation d6+2, Persuasion d4+2, Taunt d6+2
Edges: Elan, Champion, Charge/Overrun, Ambidextrous/Two-Fisted, Common Bond, Well-Traveled (+2 CK rolls for people/geography in NorthAmerica); Master Psi-Sword

Contact - Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
Arcane Inspiration - When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Inspiration - Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round.[/list]
Kim Black
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kim Black »

Notice 14 2 Raises
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Ace [dice]4[/dice]
Ace [dice]5[/dice]
Common Knowledge 4 Success
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Kim frowned as well. “More radiation,” she murmured. “Though that might be a good place to put the civilians that don’t want to fight,” she said. “Since it won’t harm them. How many D-Bees are we talking about? How big is the town? And what kind of fighters are we looking at from the Blue Hand? You said a Fallen Knight and a Borg? Anyone else special? What about magic?”

OOC Comments
Conditions:
  • Arcane Machinist (6/6)
    • 42/42 shots
    • PPE 10/10
Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Vibro-Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
Vehicle
  • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector
    • ROF 1
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
Loot
Loot
  • 2 L-20 Pulse rifles
    • ROF 4
    • AP 2
  • 2 Vibro-knives
Character Tracking
Arcane Machinist (5/6): armor, barrier, blast, blind, bolt, boost/lower Trait, burrow, burst, clairvoyance, confusion, damage field, darksight, deflection, detect/conceal arcana, dispel, drain Power Points, entangle, environmental protection, farsight, fly, havoc, healing, intangibility, invisibility, light/obscure, pummel, quickness, slumber, smite, speak language, speed, stun, succor, telekinesis, teleport, wall walker, warrior’s gift.

• 42/42 shots
  • PPE 10/10
  • PPE 13/17
Hellfire Sword
  • PPE 10/10
Jammer Pistol
  • 10/10 shots
UEMC (10 charges/e-clip)
Adventure Cards
  • Theme Song: It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words.
  • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un-Shaken now as well.
  • Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.

Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Hellfire Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
  • UEMC

Vehicles
Ostensibly designed as a civilian vehicle, the NG Sky Siren is a rugged, but agile, hover transport with plenty of room for combat upgrades. The nuclear engine provides near limitless range, while the powerful hoverjets give it a max altitude of about 20 feet, although it is capable of handling drops of up to 100 feet.
  • Size 5
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Toughness 25 (14)
  • Crew 1+5
  • Handling 1
  • Hover
  • Environmental systems
  • MDC Armor
  • Sensor suite
  • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector
    • ROF 1
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Mini Rail Gun
  • Toughness 17 (8)
  • Size 2
  • Exposed Crew, Hover
  • Toughness 23 (12)
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Size 4
  • Crew 1+3
  • Remaining Mods 2
Mission Loot
A pair of pearl-handled TX-26 Particle Beam Pistols previously owned by Dutch (Range 10/20/40, Damage 2d8+3, RoF 1, AP 2, Semiauto)
A pair of Infernal Sixguns made of smoking black iron, previously "owned" by Hex (Range 10/20/40, Damage 1-3d8, RoF 1, AP 4, +2d Shooting, gain Vow: Serve the Devil).
A TW shard pistol (Range 15/30/60, Damage 2d8+1, RoF 3, AP 1, 3RB, lower trait (Vigor) activated by Shooting)
A vehicular Light Rail Gun salvaged from Oso's otherwise-scrapped power armor (Range 100/200/400, Damage 2d10+4, RoF 3, AP 10, Mega Damage)
Bandit IP-44 Super Ion Pistols (as NG-59, Range 10/20/40, Damage 1-3d6, RoF 1, plus single-shot grenade launcher loaded with plasma, Range 12/24/48, Damage 3d10, ignores all but sealed armor, SBT), ammo belt includes 6 spare plasma grenades
5 Plasma grenades
4 Frag grenades
Duncan Montana

Post by Duncan Montana »

Duncan listens to the group talk with the old, hard buzzard who rode up on the floating horse with one ear while finishing off his steak and beer supper. They was talkin' about helping some deebee village and Duncan had learned from his time with his Lin Cereal friends that he was better off just stayin' quiet and just absorbin' things at this point, as it were. But sometimes he forgot to remind his mouth.
Orrin wrote:"Luckily I think I know the village you are talking about, and I know of a old hunters trail that bypasses a few chunks of the main road between here and there."
"Oh yeah? What knida game runs that trail? Been wantin' to make up a mess a' jerky some time," he blurts without thinking. As a group they all stop and look at him, a few with raised eyebrows. "Uh, sorry, heh. Nevermind." As the group resumes their palaver he meekly goes back to his steak and beer, a red flush creepin' up his cheeks as he does.
Duncan Montana
Duncan Montana
Gunslinger
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6 d12+2, Vigor d6
Charisma: 2 ; Pace: 6 (8) (d6 running); Parry: 6; Toughness: 5 17(10)
Clueless (-2 to all K-Common rolls), Loyal, Big Mouth
Notice d6, Common Knowledge d8-2, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d4+2
I Know A Guy: (Once per session can invoke Connection Edge (Persuasion roll) with any person or group, only used up when contact is successfully made)
Quick: (re-draw combat initiative card < 6)
Nerves of Steel: (He may ignore 1 point of wound penalties)
Steady Hands: (Ignores the “unstable platform” penalty for firing from the backs of animals or while riding in moving vehicles. In addition, when performing actions while Running (see page 65), his penalty is –1 instead of –2)
Two-Fisted: (May attack with a weapon in each hand without multi-action penalty)
Woodsman: (+2 to Tracking, Survival, and Stealth rolls made in the wilderness)
Lucky: (+1 benny/quarter)
Brave: (+2 to Fear rolls)

WOUNDS:

Bandito Arms RH-1002B Robot Riding Horse "Bandit"
Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+2, Vigor d8
Skills: Fighting d4, Notice d8+2, Survival d6
Pace: 12 (Acc/TS 10/50); Parry: 4; Toughness: 17 (8)
Special Abilities
  • All-Terrain: Ignores penalties for rough terrain, and each inch counts as 1.5” instead of 2”
  • Armor +8: High strength alloy, M.D.C.
  • Handling: Riders gain +2 on all Riding checks.
  • Kick: Str, Mega Damage.
  • Sensor Suite: Power Armor sensors and communication, including 360 radar, thermal imaging, night vision, HUD, and +2 to Notice checks
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Robots suffer +4 damage from electrical attacks.
  • Nuclear Power Pack - Robot does not need to be recharged for 15 years
  • Size +2: Based on the mustangs of old, these robot horses are of a strong, compact model.
  • Travel Speed: Use the Acc/TS for overland speeds; use pace for combat

Adv. Cards
Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement)
Florence Nightingale: Play this card to gain +2 on heal checks on the current patient. Spend a Benny: Gain +4 on heal checks on the current patient.

BENNIES (LUCKY): 7/4
  • +1 from last Q bonus
  • +1 given upon return from the fade
  • +1 for donating supplies to refugees
Orrin Truthseeker
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Sir Blurre wrote:"More radiation?" He looks at Orrin. "Do we have time for the rest of you to acquire some environmental protection? If the situation calls for us to go down below, I'd rather not see what a further dose might trigger in your condition."
"I'd rather not find out also." Orrin says as he taps on the center of chest, right near his sternum. He then pulls up his sleeve to show the runes that appear carved up around his forearms, leading up the arm and disappearing under the sleeves.

"These will keep me protected from any radiation, along with a few other things."

He shoots a worried look to Silver and Kim, then settles his focus on Kim. "We may have to rely on you for emergency radiation protection though. Do you think you could whip something up that provides a little more flexibility than the...what did you call that thing you coated the reactor with?"

"Anyway, you don't have to do it now, but be ready to if we need it."
Sir Keegan wrote:They been threatening and using hostages to try to force 'em to give it up, and it ain't gonna be long before they start executing people to try to break the others."
"Did you say hostages?" Orrin says anxiously, turning back to the grizzled knight. His face tenses with concern. "That changes things....we can't afford to waste much time then. Something tells me these men aren't going to be as willing to negotiate as the ones at the ranch, even with Jack and his golden tongue." Anticipating Rill's objection - Though Rill had a way of never seeming to object; he simply stated his concerns - Orrin adds, "Though I wont turn down the opportunity if it presents itself."

"If the hostages are in the town, we collect our things and get going, we can discuss any plans as we head that direction." He says as a suggestion more than a command so as not to stifle any better ideas.
OOC Comments
Based on his common knowledge roll, I had Orrin add it some details in a previous post as though he knew the village. Since I dont actually know where it is at, I dont know how to phrase this,
but Orrin would also suggest either stopping at a ley line for everyone to top off their power supplies, or head to the closest point on the nearest leyline to do the same and discuss strategy
Orrin Truthseeker
Orrin Truthseeker

Active Effects Staff:, Spellcasting +1, Parry +1; Armor: Spellcasting +1, Kn Arc +2;

Notable Edges: LL Rejuvination; Common Bond; Wizard; Marksman; Metal Skin; Elan; Investigator (armor)
Powers: Beast Friend; Waking Dream (Illusion); Fireball (Bolt); Chakra Surge/Syphon (Boost/Lower Trait); Nature’s Gift (Warrior’s Gift); Mystical Sight (Detect Arcana); Arcane Severance (Dispel); Shadow Guard (Deflection); Adrenaline (Quickness); Armor

+3 from Stella
+1 Jack Joker
+1 Tito Joker
-2 try to free the kids
-1 Reroll puppet resist

Aventure Cards:
Inspiration: Friendly characters (including yourhero) add +2 to all trait rolls for therest of this round.

Spill the Beans:
The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force.

Update Signature
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Keegan laughs at winks at Rill's persistence.

"Real miracle worker, huh? Well, I suppose once we get out on the trail you can have a look and see if there's anythin' to be set right. Though like I said, some of these holes and knobby bones is good reminders of things I'd rather not forget. Or might want to, but shouldn't," he says.

"As for the radiation under the town, I wouldn't worry none. I've been down in the mine once, just to the first level. A couple of the folk of Marron were with me, and they were able to absorb or eat or whatever all of the radiation in a little bubble around us. I had my Geiger counter stuck on the end of a long stick, and when I held it out all the way it was fixing to split, but when I pulled it back in close, say within 3 feet or so of the folk, it was getting nothin', and they assured me that even the counter was scrubbed clean when it came inside range. Long as you go down with them, you'll be fine."

He scratches at his beard and pours half a mug of beer as he considers Kim's questions.

"As for the folk of Marron, I'd say they number between 200 and 300, closer to 300. More women than men, and near as many children. The town itself ain't large, not more than 10 acres. About a third of that is inside a makeshift wall, centered around the entrance to the mine."

"I haven't tangled with the main force of the Blue Hand directly, but I'd say it's best to expect a mix, though tending toward big and dumb and armed with shooters rather than magic or psychics or flashier folk. There's a few, though. That Ronin, especially, is said to have an entourage that's pretty diverse. Cassius surrounds himself with 'slingers and highwaymen, mostly. And the main group's got some heavy ordnance they use for raiding, armored ATVs and battle wagons and lots of hovercycles. We'll need to figure out how to deal with all that, but I've got an idea or two once we get inside Marron and take care of the group that's been left behind on guard duty."

He pulls out a battered datapad and sets it on the table, motioning for you to gather round.

"Now, you mentioned a short cut or two, and it might save us an hour or two. As you know, the old maps ain't much use after a couple hundred years of earthquakes and bombs and phasing with alien landscapes ... but I've patched together a few so you can get a general idea of where we're going. Now, Marron is in a territory that used to be called Nuevo México back in the days of the old American Empire. You can see it here, out west-by-southwest of Black Mesa mebbe 100 or 110 miles."

"That might not seem like too far, but given the terrain, and the route we'll have to take, it'll take us two, mebbe three days. See, if we head out from here southwest, being careful not to stray too far south close to Lonestar, we can cut below the mountains here. There's a ley line running south from the Baronies to one of the peaks, and some nasty critters can pop out of an intermittent rift there, not to mention the occasional demon summoner and bonecaller that likes to sip on the Pee-Pee-Eez. Stray too far north, and you run into those Red River Combine crews and others who use the line to run cargo. They ain't always friendly, but the bigger problem is that's where the Blue Hand does it's raiding, and we ain't got the numbers to take a big group of 'em yet. So we'll swing south, no farther than the Old Four-One-Two, and come into Marron thattaway ..."
If you roll a Notice 8 or better, look here
As you listen to Keegan describe the route and potential hazards, you notice a cybered-up saloon bum at a table near the door who seems just a little too interested in your conversation. The man -- you think you've heard Baz call him No-Nose Ned -- gets up and starts sidling toward the door as the old Cyber-Knight continues talking ...
Rill
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Rill »

Notice 10
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Rill notices Ned inching for the door, and casually summons a wall of silver light to block him. "Leaving, Ned?"
Mysticism
Mysticism [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Character Sheet
Sir Blurre
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Sir Blurre »

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Ace running total [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Notice [dice]1[/dice]
Sir Blurre pays close attention to the description of their route, making sure that if he's needed to do a dash ahead or behind, he'll be able to continue following the route. Something niggles at the back of his brain, but he dismisses it as jitters.
Sir Blurre
Quick Stats
Quick-Flex Cyber-Knight

Severianna
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Severianna »

Notice 5,7,7 CK 4
Notice (+2 Sight based rolls - cybernetics) (+2 rolls that only relate to traps and similar devices)
Notice roll [dice]0[/dice]

CK roll [dice]2[/dice]
Severianna giggles at nothing in particular while everything is going on, not noticing anything special or anything in particular. Seems like we're going somewhere else. Sure is a lot of radiation in these parts. Ha, I said 'these parts'! I'm gonna speak talk like these fellas soon enough. These fellas! "Ha ha ha ha ha!!!" she belts out loud thinking to herself.

When are we gonna get that transport?
Last edited by Severianna on Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Severianna
Quick Stats
Charisma: 0,-4 CS; Pace: 6; Parry: 13; Toughness: Light Armor 12 (4), Tactical Armor 14 (6) Light Armor + shield 16 (4),

Hindrances: Clueless; Vow to help other slaves/captured creatures; Loyal to friends; InHuman; Curiosity, Wanted; Coalition, Quirk - touchy tail
Notice d6 (+2 that relates to traps and similar devices, +2 sight based rolls (cybernetic eyes), Common Knowledge d4-4, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d4-2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Acrobat +2 Agility rolls, Dirty Fighter +4 w/Acrobat on trick moves, Tricky Fighter no multi-action penalty for tricks, Ambidextrous, Two-Fisted, Nerves of Steel & Improved Nerves of Steel ignore 2 pts of wound penalties, Combat Reflexes +2 to Spirit rolls to recover from Shaken, Prehensile Tail that gives an additional non-movement action each round.
Adventure cards:
  • Out of the Frying Pan - Play to avoid death, capture, or some other bad situation for your hero or any ally. The situation leads to some new trouble, however, as determined by the GM.
  • We Have The Talent - you gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.

Silverclaws
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Silverclaws »

Silver still has not moved from doorpost inside the swinging saloon doors of the Sidewinder.
Notice Anything
  • Notice 13, 15 Scent or Sound (success, raise)
  • Notice [dice]0[/dice] (+2; +4 Scent or Sound)
  • Wild [dice]1[/dice]
  • Ace Wild plus Previous [dice]2[/dice]
Grappling
  • Fighting 35
  • Fighting [dice]3[/dice] (+2)
  • Aced Fighting plus Previous [dice]5[/dice]
  • Aced Fighting plus Previous [dice]6[/dice]
  • Wild [dice]4[/dice]
Reflexes and senses finely tuned, Silver notices a cricket enter the saloon beneath the swinging doors. Looking down the length of the bar, the man he had been keeping sights on has moved to within feet of the COT command meeting. Silver could swear the man had been recording details of the conversation.

As Ned moved towards the double doors, Silver intercepted the little man in a massive wolfen hug. Just as he laid hold of the man, Silver's fur stood straight out as Rill dropped his magic across the doorway.

"Preacher we need to discuss how close you come to using your gifts around me. Any idea how long it take to get my fur to lay down?"

With that, Silver looks down at Ned, "Where might you be going?"
Silverclaws
Quick Stats _
Combat Edges:
Relevant Edges:
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • Chain Greatsword
Adventure Cards _
Kim Black
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kim Black »

Notice 10
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Ace [dice]4[/dice]
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Character Tracking

• 42/42 shots
  • PPE 10/10
  • PPE 13/17
Hellfire Sword
  • PPE 10/10
Jammer Pistol
  • 10/10 shots
UEMC (10 charges/e-clip)
Adventure Cards

Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Hellfire Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
  • UEMC

Vehicles
  • Size 5
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Toughness 25 (14)
  • Crew 1+5
  • Handling 1
  • Hover
  • Environmental systems
  • MDC Armor
  • Sensor suite
  • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector
    • ROF 1
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Mini Rail Gun
  • Toughness 17 (8)
  • Size 2
  • Exposed Crew, Hover
  • Toughness 23 (12)
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Size 4
  • Crew 1+3
  • Remaining Mods 2
Mission Loot
5 Plasma grenades
4 Frag grenades
Kim Black
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kim Black »

“Lead balloon,” Kim answered Orrin. “And yes, I can whip something up. I think only Silver isn’t protected?” she asked.

Kim leaned over to look at the map Keegan produced. Something caught the corner of her eye, and she saw one of the patrons seemed to be paying an inordinate amount of attention to them, and was now starting to slip out of the saloon. Luckily, Silver grabbed him, and Rill blocked the door.

“This mine is a good choke point,” Kim said. “We can defend the wall, and keep the women and children in the mine, use it as a fall back, if we need to. Did they ever find explosives or other equipment in the mine? We might be able to even the odds a bit with some IEDs. We could buy some grenades and explosives before we leave, too.”

OOC Comments
Conditions:
  • Arcane Machinist (6/6)
    • 42/42 shots
    • PPE 10/10
Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Vibro-Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
Vehicle
  • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector
    • ROF 1
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
Loot
Loot
  • 2 L-20 Pulse rifles
    • ROF 4
    • AP 2
  • 2 Vibro-knives
Character Tracking

• 42/42 shots
  • PPE 10/10
  • PPE 13/17
Hellfire Sword
  • PPE 10/10
Jammer Pistol
  • 10/10 shots
UEMC (10 charges/e-clip)
Adventure Cards

Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Hellfire Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
  • UEMC

Vehicles
  • Size 5
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Toughness 25 (14)
  • Crew 1+5
  • Handling 1
  • Hover
  • Environmental systems
  • MDC Armor
  • Sensor suite
  • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector
    • ROF 1
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Mini Rail Gun
  • Toughness 17 (8)
  • Size 2
  • Exposed Crew, Hover
  • Toughness 23 (12)
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Size 4
  • Crew 1+3
  • Remaining Mods 2
Mission Loot
5 Plasma grenades
4 Frag grenades
Jack 'Bullet' Jones
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Notice 5, CK 15
Notice
[dice]0[/dice]

WD Notice
[dice]1[/dice]

CK
[dice]2[/dice]

Ace CK with prior
[dice]4[/dice] -- safer route

WD CK
[dice]3[/dice]
Jack perks up a bit when Duncan mentions jerky. "Boy howdy, ah could do with a good jerky fer the trail. Ah bet yer just as like ta have a real fine recipe. Reckon on the way back, we might could plug us a meat bearin' animal, there, pardner."

Jack gets a look at the datapad map. He shakes his head. "Naw. The shortcut's okay, but here and here -" He points to some areas of rougher terrain. "- the terrain is a mite rougher, but it's a bit safer of a ride. Ah rode through there a few times. Less raiders, less angry critters. Won't do nothin' fer the time ta get there, but it'll sure lop off our chances of a holdup. We don't need ta get ourselves Shanghaied in the middle of tryin' our thrillin' heroics."

He watches the commotion as No-Nose Ned tries to leave without saying goodbye, and is stopped very short by the combined efforts of Rill and Silverclaws. "Well, shucks, Ned. Where you goin' in such an all-fired hurry? Pull up a chair, set a spell." Jack's hand drops casually to the hand cannon at his hip.
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Current Status Post
  • +6 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
  • FEP
  • +2 Gambling
Weapon(s) in holster:
Adventure Cards:
  • none drawn yet
Edit Signature
Duncan Montana

Post by Duncan Montana »

Notice 5 K-common 0
Notice: [dice]0[/dice]
WILD dye: [dice]1[/dice]

Common Knowledge: [dice]2[/dice]
WILD dye: [dice]3[/dice]
Rill wrote:"Leaving, Ned?"
Silverclaws wrote:"Where might you be going?"
Before he can agree to Jack's idea of some huntin' on the ride back, the commotion at the door grabs Duncan's attention. He forgets his dinner and talk of hunitin' and jumps to his feet. "Well, looky here. Seems we got a spy in our midst. Who sent you, fella? Was it the Blue Hand group that we was talkin' about? You from Marron?" he blurts out without thinking.
Duncan Montana
Duncan Montana
Gunslinger
I Know A Guy: (Once per session can invoke Connection Edge (Persuasion roll) with any person or group, only used up when contact is successfully made)
Steady Hands: (Ignores the “unstable platform” penalty for firing from the backs of animals or while riding in moving vehicles. In addition, when performing actions while Running (see page 65), his penalty is –1 instead of –2)
Two-Fisted: (May attack with a weapon in each hand without multi-action penalty)

WOUNDS:

Special Abilities
  • All-Terrain: Ignores penalties for rough terrain, and each inch counts as 1.5” instead of 2”
  • Sensor Suite: Power Armor sensors and communication, including 360 radar, thermal imaging, night vision, HUD, and +2 to Notice checks
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Robots suffer +4 damage from electrical attacks.
  • Size +2: Based on the mustangs of old, these robot horses are of a strong, compact model.

Adv. Cards
Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement)
Florence Nightingale: Play this card to gain +2 on heal checks on the current patient. Spend a Benny: Gain +4 on heal checks on the current patient.

• +1 from last Q bonus
Tribe of One

Re: A Stranger at Sunset

Post by Tribe of One »

”I don’t know nothing and you can’t make me” Ned says, his eyes darting back and forth between Rill’s wall of light and Silver’s wall of muscle and fur. ”I didn’t hear nothing and I don’t know no Blue Hand.”

Turning in his chair, Keegan squints at No-Nose and spits.

”Check his upper arm. Usually they like ta tattoo the hand there, on the inside. Real secret like,” the old cyber-knight says.

Sure enough, inspection of Ned’s skinny bicep turns up a crude blue outline of a hand, the fingers hooked into claws. He seems to lose some of his bluster then, shrinking noticeably in Silver’s paws.

”Here now, hold on ... uh, maybe, uh, maybe we can, maybe I can, I, uh, know something ... useful,” Ned says.
Silverclaws
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Silverclaws »

Rad Check
Silver mentally activates his built in scanner to detect radiatian levels to see how close Ol'Ned has been to Morron.
Silverclaws
Quick Stats _
Combat Edges:
Relevant Edges:
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • Chain Greatsword
Adventure Cards _
Sir Blurre
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Sir Blurre »

Sir Blurre pinches the bridge of his nose as thing go down, then sighs, his usual good mood dampened. "Really? We can't even get out of town before this goes down? Okay, fine. Get details on the leadership, if you can--those two raiders, and whoever is in charge of the town contingent. Races, names, descriptions, that sort of thing." No need to make my suspicions obvious in front of a spy. Glad I didn't say anything to Orrin yet.
Sir Blurre
Quick Stats
Quick-Flex Cyber-Knight

Kim Black
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kim Black »

Notice 5 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 10 Raise
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Ace [dice]6[/dice]

Kim looked at Ned and sighed. “Really, Ned? You’re going to make me do this? I hate doing this. It’s so messy.” Kim looked at the others as she started cobbling some parts together. “So how much brain damage do you want when I’m done mind reaming him like a prison bitch?” she asked. “I can leave him as dumb as Widow O’Brien’s cow, or go complete, drooling vegetable. Both will be super painful. Stella, you might want to warn Baz we’re going to interrupt his nap. And let the sheriff know all the screaming isn’t anything he needs to worry about. Oh, we’re going to need lots of towels for the blood.”

She held up some nasty pieces of machinery, all spikes and pokey bits, with electricity darting between brings. Then she started humming as she casually glued bedazzling to it.

Conditions
  • Arcane Machinist (6/6)
    • 42/42 shots
    • PPE 10/10
Intimidation 10 Raise
I didn’t know if I could add my Machine Maestro to this. If so, add +4?
Intimidation [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Extra Effort [dice]7[/dice]
Ace [dice]8[/dice]
Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Vibro-Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
Vehicle
  • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector
    • ROF 1
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
Loot
Loot
  • 2 L-20 Pulse rifles
    • ROF 4
    • AP 2
  • 2 Vibro-knives
Character Tracking

• 42/42 shots
  • PPE 10/10
  • PPE 13/17
Hellfire Sword
  • PPE 10/10
Jammer Pistol
  • 10/10 shots
UEMC (10 charges/e-clip)
Adventure Cards

Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Hellfire Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
  • UEMC

Vehicles
  • Size 5
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Toughness 25 (14)
  • Crew 1+5
  • Handling 1
  • Hover
  • Environmental systems
  • MDC Armor
  • Sensor suite
  • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector
    • ROF 1
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Mini Rail Gun
  • Toughness 17 (8)
  • Size 2
  • Exposed Crew, Hover
  • Toughness 23 (12)
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Size 4
  • Crew 1+3
  • Remaining Mods 2
Mission Loot
5 Plasma grenades
4 Frag grenades
Rill
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: A Stranger at Sunset

Post by Rill »

Notice 15, Common Knowledge 9, Detect Arcana
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Ace! [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

Common Knowledge [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Note: activate See Aura (detect Arcana) to check for any ongoing effects on Ned.
Tribe of One wrote:”I don’t know nothing and you can’t make me” Ned says, his eyes darting back and forth between Rill’s wall of light and Silver’s wall of muscle and fur. ”I didn’t hear nothing and I don’t know no Blue Hand.”

Turning in his chair, Keegan squints at No-Nose and spits.

”Check his upper arm. Usually they like ta tattoo the hand there, on the inside. Real secret like,” the old cyber-knight says.

Sure enough, inspection of Ned’s skinny bicep turns up a crude blue outline of a hand, the fingers hooked into claws. He seems to lose some of his bluster then, shrinking noticeably in Silver’s paws.

”Here now, hold on ... uh, maybe, uh, maybe we can, maybe I can, I, uh, know something ... useful,” Ned says.
Rill “tisks” at Ned. ”Ned, what would Shelly think, I wonder? I would encourge you to be truthful with these good folks, and help us avoid any harm to the people of that village.”
Noticing Tells
With a Notice roll that high, I would think that Rill could spot the signs of a lie, should Ned choose to be less than truthful with the party.
As he speaks to Ned, he tries to keep his discomfort at Kim’s threats off his face. I know it to be a fiction; I am sure she would not harm the man any more than Silver has done. These are good people, Rill, and they would not hurt a prisoner, and certainly not with two cyber-knights and me right here... His internal struggle goes on.
Character Sheet
Silverclaws
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Silverclaws »

He Is BIG
  • Intimidation Crit Fail
  • Intimidation [dice]0[/dice]
  • Wild Intimidate [dice]1[/dice]
"Whoa Ned. Who is Shelly? You all tangled up with the 'Hand' and you are dragging a girl through this mess with you? You might want to have your augmentations checked,"
Silverclaws
Quick Stats _
Combat Edges:
Relevant Edges:
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • Chain Greatsword
Adventure Cards _
Jack 'Bullet' Jones
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Persuasion
Persuasion
[dice]0[/dice]

WD Persuasion
[dice]1[/dice]
Jack marvels within himself as Kim flips some switch that turns her into a seasoned mistress of torture and interrogation. His normal stone-face cracks into a snicker. What the sam hill is wrong with me?! That's just funny! He turns to Ned, but his laid back demeanor is broken up by uncharacteristic fits of laughter. "Now listen, Ned...heh...maybe you oughta just go on and tell us...<snicker>...shucks. He's all yers, darlin'. Ah believe ah need ta visit the powder room." Jack stands up, barely controlling his hysterics, and saunters to the restroom, where he lets go and bursts into uncontrollable guffawing, audible through the thin walls of the Sidewinder.
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Current Status Post
  • +6 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
  • FEP
  • +2 Gambling
Weapon(s) in holster:
Adventure Cards:
  • none drawn yet
Edit Signature
Orrin Truthseeker
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Jack Bullet Jones wrote: "Now listen, Ned...heh...maybe you oughta just go on and tell us...<snicker>...shucks. He's all yers, darlin'. Ah believe ah need ta visit the powder room."
Mechanics
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
CK [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Greater Boost Trait (Persuasion) [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]

Persuasion [dice]6[/dice]
Wild [dice]7[/dice]
Ace! [dice]8[/dice]
Orrin gapes, completely dumbstruck by Jack's loss for words. He can't help but smile in satisfaction as his eyes follow Jack as he barely makes it into the restroom before, quite audibly, completely looses self control.

Well, never thought I'd see the day Jack was at a loss for words...

He then turns to Ned, who is cowering before a Kim that has transformed into a frightening terror better than any illusion Orrin could cast. Almost as incredible is the completely un-frightening picture that Silver makes. Any attempt to snarl is completely offset by something green and leafy green stuck between is front teeth, and any benefit he gets from his size negated by Sev's tail flicking toward him and away again as she struggles to resist the urge to pet him like a dog.

Maybe I missed a rift opening up and we've been thrown into an alternate dimension....guess I might as well give it a try...

Orrin gets out of his chair, stimulates his chakra, and walks over to Kim, placing a hand on her shoulder.

Time for some good cop/bad cop Orrin thinks, as he tries to channel his best impression of Jack...without the horrid accent.

"Now Kim, lets not get carried away. Ned's a reasonable man...smart too. In fact, I'd bet after he heard us talking about the problems the blue hand is causing and our intent to set them straight, he remembered what happened to the Killian's and figured the hand didn't stand a chance. I'd bet he was just getting up to come share some important intel with us, aint that right Ned?"

Orrin spins a chair around a few feet in front of Ned, and settles into it backwards, forearms resting on the back of the chair.

"So what were you going to let us know about Ned? Gonna let us know when the raiding force for sure wasnt going to be in the town? Maybe some tricks those two lieutenants have up their sleeves that we might want to prepare for?" Orrin smiles broadly, hoping the man takes easy out and saves some face.
Last edited by Orrin Truthseeker on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Orrin Truthseeker
Orrin Truthseeker

+3 from Stella
+1 Jack Joker
+1 Tito Joker
-2 try to free the kids
-1 Reroll puppet resist

Aventure Cards:

Spill the Beans:

Update Signature
Rill
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Rill »

Orrin Truthseeker wrote:
Jack Bullet Jones wrote: "Now listen, Ned...heh...maybe you oughta just go on and tell us...<snicker>...shucks. He's all yers, darlin'. Ah believe ah need ta visit the powder room."
Mechanics
Notice [dice]28729:0[/dice]
Wild [dice]28729:1[/dice]
CK [dice]28729:2[/dice]
Wild [dice]28729:3[/dice]

Greater Boost Trait (Persuasion) [dice]28729:4[/dice]
Wild [dice]28729:5[/dice]

Persuasion [dice]28729:6[/dice]
Wild [dice]28729:7[/dice]
Ace! [dice]28729:8[/dice]
Orrin gapes, completely dumbstruck by Jack's loss for words. He can't help but smile in satisfaction as his eyes follow Jack as he barely makes it into the restroom before, quite audibly, completely looses self control.

Well, never thought I'd see the day Jack was at a loss for words...

He then turns Ned, who is cowering before a Kim that has transformed into a frightening terror better than any illusion Orrin could cast. Almost as incredible is the completely un-frightening picture that Silver makes. Any attempt to snarl is completely offset by something green and leafy green stuck between is front teeth, and any benefit he gets from his size negated by Sev's tail flicking toward him and away again as she struggles to resist the urge to pet him like a dog.

Maybe I missed a rift opening up and we've been thrown into an alternate dimension....guess I might as well give it a try...

Orrin gets out of his chair, stimulates his chakra, and walks over to Kim, placing a hand on her shoulder.

Time for some good cop/bad cop Orrin thinks, as he tries to channel his best impression of Jack...without the horrid accent.

"Now Kim, lets not get carried away. Ned's seems like a reasonable man...smart too. In fact, I'd bet after he heard us talking about the problems the blue hand is causing and our intent to set them straight, he remembered what happened to the Killian's and figured the hand didn't stand a chance. I'd bet he was just getting up to come share some important intel with us, aint that right Ned?"

Orrin spins a chair around a few feet in front of Ned, and settles into it backwards, forearms resting on the back of the chair.

"So what were you going to let us know about Ned? Gonna let us know when the raiding force for sure wasnt going to be in the town? Maybe some tricks those two lieutenant have up their sleeves that we might want to prepare for?" Orrin smiles broadly, hoping the man takes easy out and saves some face.
(Rolls held)

It’s hard to tell given their normal state, but Rill’s eyes go wide at Orrin’s display. I did not think he had this in him. See, Rill? They were never going to hurt the man. You were just being foolish.

He watches the man carefully, wary for any sign of deception.
Character Sheet
Jack 'Bullet' Jones
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Jack steps out of the restroom, having composed himself. He allows Orrin to continue with his interrogatories, giving Ned the side-eye as he walks by. Before Ned begins answering, from behind, Jack claps both of his hands down on Ned's shoulders, trying to exert some bit of extra pressure by giving him that "beset on all sides" feeling. "Go on now, Ned. Orrin's givin' you a fair deal. Ah sure don't want to let Silver loose on ya. He ain't as mean as Kim, but ah reckon it won't feel too good gettin' gnawed on by somethin' that size." Unfortunately, as savvy as Jack is, he failed to recall the family connection. No-Nose Ned is Cobb's nephew. But maybe the gambler's luck is such that this is one of Cobb's least favorite nephews? Maybe Cobb doesn't hear about them working his nephew over?

Not likely. Cobb rarely needs an excuse. Word gets around in Black Mesa. Bullet Jones roughing up Cobb's nephew is bound to cause problems, even if the actual "roughing up" has been embellished.

Bad news travels fast. Bad news for Bullet Jones.
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Current Status Post
  • +6 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
  • FEP
  • +2 Gambling
Weapon(s) in holster:
Adventure Cards:
  • none drawn yet
Edit Signature
Silverclaws
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Silverclaws »

Silver could not remember for the life of him, who Sally was but the thought of No-Nose Ned cuddling upto some human female just made Silver laugh. And like earlier when he when he had laughed at his own joke, Silver let out a deep bellied, gut moving roar of a laugh. It echoed through the Sidewinder and rattled every timber, board, and post in the place, kind of like a Spring cleaning with all the dust that came from the floor boards and the rafters.

The booming roar even set the doors to the saloon a swinging, however, Baz's barking command was even louder. "Silver! On the stoop for a week. Don't step inside the Sidewinder for an entire week or I will have you deactivated to meet the time requirement. Hell, I may use you to power the Sidewinder for an entire week."

Silver shrugs, still chuckling to himself and drags Ned, Jack and whoever else maybe trying to interact with Ned outside the Sidewinder and on to the establishments, run around porch.

Quizickly, Silver looks down at Ned, "You have a girlfriend?" Silver looses it again and nearly looses Ned in the process and shakes the earth like a Jackhammer.
Silverclaws
Quick Stats _
Combat Edges:
Relevant Edges:
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • Chain Greatsword
Adventure Cards _
Duncan Montana

Post by Duncan Montana »

Notice 3 K-common 0

Kim wrote:“Really, Ned? You’re going to make me do this? I hate doing this. It’s so messy.....So how much brain damage do you want when I’m done mind reaming him like a prison bitch?......I can leave him as dumb as Widow O’Brien’s cow, or go complete, drooling vegetable. Both will be super painful. Stella, you might want to warn Baz we’re going to interrupt his nap. And let the sheriff know all the screaming isn’t anything he needs to worry about. Oh, we’re going to need lots of towels for the blood.”
Duncan looks from Kim to Ned, his eyes wide. He follows Ned as Silver carries him out to the porch. "Daaamn, son! You better do what she says, I reckon. I'm not quite sure what she's gettin' at when she mentioned the female prison dog thing, but I bet it ain't pleasant. 'Specially if it involves Silver in any way. Regardless, I'd just tell 'em what they want ta know if I were you."
Persuasion 5
Persuasion +2CHA: [dice]4[/dice]
WILD dye: [dice]5[/dice]
Duncan Montana
Duncan Montana
Gunslinger

WOUNDS:

Special Abilities

Adv. Cards

• +1 from last Q bonus
Kim Black
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kim Black »

Notice 5 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Kim followed the others onto the porch, still bedazzling the device in her hands that sparked, blinked, and buzzed worrisomely.

“He has a girlfriend?” she asked. “Maybe we should question her, too. I bet she could tell us some things. Between screams. Then maybe the boys could have some fun with her. I bet I could come up with something to have fun with her, too.”

Kim had learned a lot surviving the sack of Tolkeen, and her refugee band’s run ins with the 1st Apocalyptic Cavalry. Most of it hadn’t been pleasant.

Conditions
  • Arcane Machinist (6/6)
    • 42/42 shots
    • PPE 10/10
Sorry forgot to delete this
Intimidation [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Vibro-Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
Vehicle
  • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector
    • ROF 1
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
Loot
Loot
  • 2 L-20 Pulse rifles
    • ROF 4
    • AP 2
  • 2 Vibro-knives
Character Tracking

• 42/42 shots
  • PPE 10/10
  • PPE 13/17
Hellfire Sword
  • PPE 10/10
Jammer Pistol
  • 10/10 shots
UEMC (10 charges/e-clip)
Adventure Cards

Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Hellfire Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
  • UEMC

Vehicles
  • Size 5
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Toughness 25 (14)
  • Crew 1+5
  • Handling 1
  • Hover
  • Environmental systems
  • MDC Armor
  • Sensor suite
  • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector
    • ROF 1
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Mini Rail Gun
  • Toughness 17 (8)
  • Size 2
  • Exposed Crew, Hover
  • Toughness 23 (12)
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Size 4
  • Crew 1+3
  • Remaining Mods 2
Mission Loot
5 Plasma grenades
4 Frag grenades
Sir Blurre
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Sir Blurre »

Sir Blurre frowns as Kim takes a dark turn. Rebuking her now would run the risk of derailing the interrogation even more than Jack's laughing fit had, and they did need the information. Still, he makes a note to speak with her once they are on the road.

As the grapple is moved outside, he follows easily, walking casually but covering the ground almost instantly, wanting to stay in earshot for the answers.
Sir Blurre
Quick Stats
Quick-Flex Cyber-Knight

Rill
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Rill »

Silverclaws wrote:Silver could not remember for the life of him, who Sally was but the thought of No-Nose Ned cuddling upto some human female just made Silver laugh. And like earlier when he when he had laughed at his own joke, Silver let out a deep bellied, gut moving roar of a laugh. It echoed through the Sidewinder and rattled every timber, board, and post in the place, kind of like a Spring cleaning with all the dust that came from the floor boards and the rafters.

The booming roar even set the doors to the saloon a swinging, however, Baz's barking command was even louder. "Silver! On the stoop for a week. Don't step inside the Sidewinder for an entire week or I will have you deactivated to meet the time requirement. Hell, I may use you to power the Sidewinder for an entire week."

Silver shrugs, still chuckling to himself and drags Ned, Jack and whoever else maybe trying to interact with Ned outside the Sidewinder and on to the establishments, run around porch.

Quizickly, Silver looks down at Ned, "You have a girlfriend?" Silver looses it again and nearly looses Ned in the process and shakes the earth like a Jackhammer.
Rill hurriedly drops the Wall of Defense blocking the exit, hopefully before someone face plants into it like a bird into a glass door...
Character Sheet
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Between Kim's homicidal threats, Silver and Jack's guffaws and the 'nice cop' shtick used by Orrin and Duncan, poor Ned doesn't seem to know whether he's supposed to smile or quake in fear. After a brief moment when he seems to shake like he's having a seizure, he settles for pissing himself and begging for mercy.

"Oh my god, I didn't never ... ohmygodogmygodoh ... Preacher! Preacher don't let 'em scramble my brain or make me do the prison dog! Ohmygodpleasepleaseplease! Shelly didn't have nuthin' to do with it! I was jus' tryin' to get some money so's she and I could do the overnight, you know, the whole girlfriend experience 'cause usually all I have is 50 but she only does the hand thing for that and I ..."

Orrin's calmer speech finally breaks through the man's fear and he starts to talk more intelligibly, leaving nothing out nor stretching the truth, as far as Rill can tell. Several times, you wish maybe he would have glossed over the specifics ... but the interrogation, conducted out in the dust of the Sidewinder's front porch, proceeds at a fair clip.

Ned, as it turns out, is only a provisional member of the Hand, posted here in Black Mesa to gather intelligence with a promise of a place in the gang once he's served up something of worth. So far, that's mostly centered on the comings and goings related to his uncle Cobb's business, but Black Mesa's too remote and well-guarded for the Blue Hand to try to rob the man's casinos directly (not to mention the friction that would bring with the Black Market) and Cobb's business interests don't extend much outside the town's border at present.

Other than passing on word of an occasional gambler heading west -- especially those with fat pockets from the tables -- he hasn't had much of interest to pass on, until the COT arrived. Ned says he passed on word of the team's accomplishments at the Killian ranch yesterday, using an old radio tower at one of the homesteads just outside town. He passes on the call sign he uses and some code words, supposed to identify him to the gang as one of their own. He only met his own contact (a grizzled old operator named Tyson) the once, about a week after a tall, thin woman in a black serape recruited him.

"I was just wakin' up from a bender out back of the I-Rizzeses garage. I couldn't get much of a look at her, 'cause of this bandanna she had tied across her face, but her eyes was real good-lookin' and like, stormy, and such. And I figured her and me might have something in common, 'cause the way that bandanna fell sorta flat looked maybe her nose got blown off, too, like mine," Ned says, looking off in the distance all dreamy before Silver flexes one of his claws again and the stain on the front of Ned's jeans get dark all over again.

Once it becomes apparent Ned has spilled all he has to spill, Keegan walks over and spits, squinting out into the dusk that has settled over the town, cloaking everything in a dusty gloom the color of a fresh bruise.

"Shooting him and making a mess on the porch ain't likely to win you no forgiveness from Baz, so I reckon you might as well haul him down to the constable's office and see if they won't lock him up for the next week. He's confessed to enough, and five or six days start will give us time to get to Marron and clear out the sonsabitches that are there now. Won't much matter if the rest of the gang gets word after that."

He grunts and stretches his back, resulting in a series of audible pops.

“Be ready to ride out at first light. It’ll take us about two days, depending on how bad the winds are in the desert, so you’ll want to …”

The Cyber-Knight’s next words are lost as the building across the street from the saloon explodes, sending chunks of concrete and thermoplast through the saloon doors. Everyone hits the deck as the all-too-familiar sounds of laser and railgun fire erupts, accompanied by the high-pitched roar of approaching aircraft.

All hell breaks loose! Anyone with the Danger Sense Edge or a similar ability, make your roll and if successful you can take a full turns worth of actions. Anyone who doesn't have Danger Sense can take a move action (to seek cover or run elsewhere) but nothing more. At this point, all you can see is the explosion across the street, although you can hear other explosions, accompanied by the sounds of small arms fire and people yelling. With a Raise on Common Knowledge or something similar, you recognize the sound of Coalition weaponry and the distinctive whine of SAMAS suits coming in on an attack run ...
Rill
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Rill »

Danger Sense 5, Common K 6
Notice for Danger Sense [dice]0[/dice] +2 (Awareness) +2 (sight) -2 (Danger Sense)
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

CK [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
”Incoming!” Rill shouts as he activates his new shield.

He woders, Who would be fool enough to attack Black Mesa?! The Market will not stand for this, and their reprisal will be brutal. We have to cut this off now, before even more violence ensues!

Moving in front of his comrades protectively, he focuses his psionic energy to activate his Protective Energy Aura. He feels the power snap into place, but is momentarily winded by the sudden expenditure of energy and the shock of the attack.
Psionics for Armor 4, Brainburn
Psionics [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
+2 Armor
Brainburn
-2 ISP (Shaken)
Character Sheet
Sir Blurre
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Sir Blurre »

OOC Comments
Common Knowledge [dice]0[/dice]
Ace Running Total [dice]2[/dice]
Extra Effort Bennie [dice]3[/dice]
Wild CK [dice]1[/dice]
SAMAS. Sir Blurre responds in an unusual fashion, dashing up the stairs of the saloon, trying to get to a window, or even the roof if there's another stair going up. He wants to try to get someplace where he might be able to make a leaping attack. Of course, as he runs, he activates his cyber-armor and the psi-whip, pumping in extra power to the whip so it can cut the Power Armor suits.
OOC Comments
Notes: 2 ISP spent to make the Whip Mega-Damage. Also, down 1 ISP at start of combat because armor is charged.
Current total ISP: 17/20
Sir Blurre
Quick Stats
Quick-Flex Cyber-Knight

Orrin Truthseeker
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Notice 4 CK 1
CK [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Notice [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Orrin listens carefully to Ned as he spills all he knows, feeling particularly proud of himself for having a hand in convincing the blue hand initiate to cooperate. He makes a special attempt to memorize the call signs and code words that Ned gives them, and makes mental note of what the blue hand symbol on his upper arm looks like in case he needs to fake some in the future.

When the building across from the sidewinder blows, Orrin is thrown against the front porch wall.

Whether it was disorientation from the blast or just a bad judgement call, something about the sound of the chaos outside the saloon reminds Orrin of his time training with the federation and one of their most beloved tactics.

"It's the Federation! The explosion is a disctraction, watch the back door for their flanking team!" He yells as he runs to the second floor and positions himself beside a window away from the explosion. In doing so, he unknowingly positions himself framed perfectly in a window facing the explosion.
Last edited by Orrin Truthseeker on Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orrin Truthseeker
Orrin Truthseeker

+3 from Stella
+1 Jack Joker
+1 Tito Joker
-2 try to free the kids
-1 Reroll puppet resist

Aventure Cards:

Spill the Beans:

Update Signature
Silverclaws
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Silverclaws »

Notice Anything
  • Notice 5, 7 Sight, Scent, or Sound
  • Notice [dice]0[/dice] (+2; +4 Sight, Scent, or Sound, -2 Danger Sense)
  • Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Know This
  • K/Common 5
  • Common Knowledge [dice]2[/dice]
  • Wild K/Common [dice]3[/dice]
Silver hears the whine of jet thrusters before he sees the SAMAS. Looking down at Ned, "You hide behind the bar in the Sidewinder and you might live long enough to reconsider your position in life. Stay away from the liqour." With that, Silver slides Ned across the porch under the swinging saloon doors and to the bar.

Shouting loud enough for those inside the Sidewinder to hear, "Baz, secure the 'Winder. Incoming Dead Head assault."

With the new Optics Implant, Silver starts sizing up targets. Raising his mofied JA-9 he sights in on either a hover cycle or a SAMAS, which ever appears in the middle of all the CS units.
Little Cricket
  • Shooting 7, Damage 12 AP 3
  • Shooting [dice]4[/dice]
  • Wild Shooting [dice]5[/dice]
    Benny for Extra Effort
  • Extra Effort [dice]6[/dice]
  • Damage [dice]7[/dice] (+1)
Not even looking to Orrin and the rest of the COT. "Better take cover. Most likely they are here for me but in the event they aren't, you best not be here. The 'Winder is secure, GO!"
Silverclaws
Quick Stats _
Combat Edges:
Relevant Edges:
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • Chain Greatsword
Adventure Cards _
Kim Black
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kim Black »

Notice 11 Raise
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Ace [dice]4[/dice]
Common Knowledge 9 Raise
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Kim was glad when Ned started spilling. There would be no way she could have carried through on her threats. Unfortunately, her father had always taught her never make a threat you aren’t willing to carry out. She’d learned from watching him, but knew he never wanted her to be like him.

“The sheriff sounds like a wonderful idea, Sir Keeg--” Kim began, when the building across the street blew up, throwing Kim through the door of the Sidewinder and onto her back.

Kim groaned, rolling over, coughing in the dust. “No…” she breathed, hearing the distinctive clatter of Coalition weaponry and SAMAS attack runs. “Not again…” She squeezed her eyes closed, taking deep breaths, trying not to go back there, back to Tolkeen, the bombs and the railgun fire as the Coalition finally broke through the city defenses, slaughtering military and civilian alike. She tried not to go back to that mad scramble through the narrow alleys and streets, trying to find her father, trying to get people out. Was he safe? Was he okay?

“Daddy…” Kim whimpered slightly. But he wasn’t here now, just like he hadn’t been there then, off lost in the fighting. Just like then, it was up to her.

Kim clawed her way back to her feet, wiping at her tears and only managing to smear the dust into mud on her face.

“Stella! Baz! Get in the cellar!” Kim yelled, even as she scrambled out to check on her team. “Eighteen! Check in!”

Conditions
  • Arcane Machinist (6/6)
    • 42/42 shots
    • PPE 10/10
Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Vibro-Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
Vehicle
  • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector
    • ROF 1
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
Loot
Loot
  • 2 L-20 Pulse rifles
    • ROF 4
    • AP 2
  • 2 Vibro-knives
Character Tracking

• 42/42 shots
  • PPE 10/10
  • PPE 13/17
Hellfire Sword
  • PPE 10/10
Jammer Pistol
  • 10/10 shots
UEMC (10 charges/e-clip)
Adventure Cards

Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Hellfire Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
  • UEMC

Vehicles
  • Size 5
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Toughness 25 (14)
  • Crew 1+5
  • Handling 1
  • Hover
  • Environmental systems
  • MDC Armor
  • Sensor suite
  • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector
    • ROF 1
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Mini Rail Gun
  • Toughness 17 (8)
  • Size 2
  • Exposed Crew, Hover
  • Toughness 23 (12)
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Size 4
  • Crew 1+3
  • Remaining Mods 2
Mission Loot
5 Plasma grenades
4 Frag grenades
Jack 'Bullet' Jones
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Notice 3, CK 4
Notice
[dice]0[/dice]

WD Notice
[dice]1[/dice]

CK
[dice]2[/dice]

WD CK
[dice]3[/dice]
Jack listens as Ned spills his guts. He shakes his head a little bit. "Ned, ya done fell in with the wrong crew, pardner. Yer uncle ain't gonna like this'n."
He prepares to head back inside when the building across the street explodes. He grabs Severianna on the way down and lands on top of her in an attempt to shield her from the blast. "Great balls of fire! What the Sam Hill was that?! You alright, little lady?" He scrambles to his feet, helping Sev up off the ground and around the corner to find some protection behind a wall. "They ain't after me. Ah reckon they'd blow up the right buildin' if ah was the target. Montana, you make any new friends recently that don't like yer kind?"
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Current Status Post
  • +6 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
  • FEP
  • +2 Gambling
Weapon(s) in holster:
Adventure Cards:
  • none drawn yet
Edit Signature
Duncan Montana

Post by Duncan Montana »

Notice 8 K-common 20
-ACE: [dice]4[/dice]

-ACE: [dice]5[/dice]
-2nd ACE: [dice]6[/dice]
Now Duncan Montana may just be a hick from the 19th century, but he knows the peculiar sound of a Coalition SAMAS flyin' suit when hears one. He flips on his helmet and starts moving toward his horse but before he can holler a warnin' to the others the building across the way blows sky-high. Duncan instinctively ducks as pieces of the structure rain down in the general vicinity.

"We got Skullface Federales comin' in and hot on the warpath!" he shouts to the others as a few quick steps and a leap bring him to his horse and the rifles it carried.
Duncan Montana
Duncan Montana
Gunslinger

WOUNDS:

Special Abilities

Adv. Cards

• +1 from last Q bonus
Severianna
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Severianna »

Notice 5,7,7 CK 6
Notice roll [dice]0[/dice]

CK roll [dice]2[/dice]
CK 6+ roll [dice]4[/dice]
Acrobatic Agi roll if needed 13
Agility Skill roll [dice]5[/dice]
Wild Die Roll [dice]6[/dice]
OOC Comments
Optics Package Strain:
both of the cyborg’s eyes are replaced, granting: +2 to all sight-based Notice checks
thermal imaging and night vision (ignore illumination penalties)
50× magnification for distance; 20× macro lens for up-close detail
glare filters that give a +2 on checks to avoid blinding flashes and related light burst effects.
Finally, the Optics Package provides the ability to record still or moving images and store them for later viewing or display.
Switching modes is a free action.
"What the what?"

Severianna dives in a Acrobatic and Agile manner behind Silver. She ties to see where the attack is coming from and take the whole scene in. Maybe it's a distraction? "Keep your eyes pealed in all directions", she says to the group.
Severianna
Quick Stats

Adventure cards:

Return to “Adventure Archive”