Day 1: Drinks at Dusk

Tribe of One

Day 1: Drinks at Dusk

Post by Tribe of One »

A cowboy wearing a holster and boots, and not much else, comes tumbling out of the Sidewinder as Jasco pulls up to let you out. Obviously drunk, the rabble rouser looks like he's going to get up and head back in, but decides better of it, rolls over beneath an overhang of the wooden porch and starts to snore.

Inside, the evening's festivities are in full swing. The 'Borg, Slade, and the other workers from the Killian ranch line the bar, where the owner, Baz, looks uncommonly busy -- and annoyed. Catching sight of your group, he points at Jack and hollers: "They're on your tab, Jones!"

Old Man Killian's corpse has been laid out on one of the tables with a sheet pulled over him. Periodically, one of the drunks downs a shot and slurs a few words over the corpse before setting the glass down, as if paying respects to the ornery old cuss.

Stella navigates between the tables like a beam of light, her smile spreading wide as she catches sight of you.

"All of you back, and with bringing with you another besides," she says, nodding at Duncan. "Make yourself welcome, stranger, and I'll be around in a second to take your order, as you look plenty parched."

Seeing Orrin's altered complexion, she whistles. "I'd offer to bring over some of the oil I use to polish the silver but Baz is too cheap to refill what I have. And by the way you're moving it don't hurt you none, does it? You just let me know if you need anything special, and get to it."

Peering out the window, she sees Jasco driving off. "Is the older fella not staying for a drink? I liked him. His, ah, associates, are over there in the corner, talking with Ella-Reese, the Killian gal who put the hole in the old man's head. She always had a spine ... it's too bad it had to be her put him in the ground, him being her father and all. But I reckon it had to be done. I've met rattlesnakes kinder'n that old man, and I do try to see the best side of everyone."

Smiling again, she scoots off to handle a couple of other tables. A minute later, Slade stomps over with a bottle of whiskey and starts pouring shots.

"I reckon you all can report back to your Legion that you did some fine outreach today," he says. "It was hard to admit at the time, but I didn't expect me and the boys would be drinking together so soon, if at all. Now it looks it'll all work out okay, and with precious little bloodshed ... with certain exceptions."

He nods toward Rondo Killian's corpse.

"That old devil didn't stop cussin' and threatening the whole ride over, telling us all how he was gonna cut us up and feed us to the dinos, more than once if necessary. We didn't even make it into the saloon when his daughter there come up behind one of the men and pulled his pistol, plugging her daddy in the head in the middle of the street. Everyone was so shocked, no one even drew down on her, so she just shrugged and handed the pistol back and went inside. She's been over there discussing terms with the Market man for the past couple of hours. Sounds like everyone's gonna come out okay. I don't think they particularly want to talk to you ... appearances and all. But the Market man said if you was to come over to the storefront at Mill and Iron Street, you'll get generous terms on your trade."

With that, the battered 'Borg drains his glass and slaps Blurre on the shoulder, nearly knocking him over, before heading back to his men. Stella returns with a couple of pitchers of beer and a bowl full of fried pork skins.

"Hopefully this will get you started. Baz has steaks cut if you want me to throw some on, and I can bring you anything else you'd like to drink. Not often we get honest-to-goodness heroes in here, after saving the women and children and the whole real thing," she says, her beaming face leaving you all with a warm glow.

You've returned as conquering heroes, so feel free to revel in it a bit. Converse with anyone you like in the bar, or around town for that matter -- you've got about two days of downtime before Keegan, the Cyber-Knight requesting the COT's help, is due to arrive in town. Now's the time to shop, work on Techno-Wizard crafting, schedule a session with the cyber-doc, etc. We can go over nuts-and-bolts in the OOC thread, but if you want to write the results of your downtime, I'll treat it as a second Interlude worth another XP (Rill, you can still go back and fill out your first, as well, as long as it's done by the end of the quarter. With the holidays coming up, I don't expect to push too much farther until the new quarter starts, but we'll play it by ear and have Keegan arrive when everyone is ready.
GM Bennies: 7/7
Silverclaws
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Re: Day 1: Drinks at Dusk

Post by Silverclaws »

"If Baz has fresh steaks, Stella. Bring me two and make them rare. Hell don't even cook them. I need something to take out the taste ofozone, dust, and ... " Looking over to Orrin, "Radiation."

Silver finds himself a spot on the floor and keeps an eye on the transactions with Ella-Reese and the Market Man.
Silverclaws
Quick Stats _
Veteran Wolfen MARS Techno-Warrior
Charisma: 0 || Pace: 8 (1d8) || Parry: 8 (9 with claws) || Toughness: 23 (6) || Size: +1 || Strain: 19/22
Wounds: None || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges:
  • Level-Headed Edge: Draw two initiative cards and take the best.
  • Danger Sense Edge: Notice roll -2 before being suprised or ambushed.
Relevant Edges:
Bennies: 4/4
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • JA-9 Variable Laser Rifle
  • Chain Greatsword
  • Silvered Vibro-Blade Vembraces
Adventure Cards _
  • (46) Renown: Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).
Jack 'Bullet' Jones
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Jack 'Bullet' Jones »

Jack tips his hat once more to Jasco. "Much obliged, pardner. You know where you'll find us, if'n y'ever change yer mind." Dismounting the robot horse and tethering it to the post, and helping Kim down once more, he walks into the bar. Flyin' frog feathers, ah done told 'em 'the good stuff'! Why are they still standin'?! If he was miffed about the bound-to-be-frightening tab, you couldn't tell. He smiles his winning, hero's smile and walks through the doors. "Shucks, Baz, ah reckon yer place would do with some business fer a change! Ain't my fault ya got the purtiest lady servin' drinks this side a'...well, anywhere." He winks at Stella as she glides like a dream through the raucous crowd.
Tipping his hat to Slade, he offers sage wisdom. "We all got it comin', guess you could say. But ol' Rondo might'a earned his a little sooner'n he could'a. Ah won't lose a wink of sleep, and ah reckon you and yers ain't fixin' ta shed no tears on his account. Ah'll be glad to raise a glass to ya, and not a gun at ya, know what ah'm sayin'?" He grabs a shot glass and raises it towards Slade. "A toast, pardner! The preacher might appreciate this one too!

Here's to drinking! When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
Let's get drunk, and go to heaven!"

He turns the glass up and drains the contents. "Say, if'n yer lookin' fer work, look up our man Orrin over there tomorrow. May be some work ta be had in the near future." He turns and heads to glad-hand some more of the ranch hands.
Wandering back to the group, Jack grabs Duncan with an arm around the neck and pulls him towards a pitcher of beer. "Come on in here, bronco. Set a spell. First drink's on me. Holy hellfire in Houston, looks like the whole bar's on my tab tonight. Ya play cards?" He catches what could maybe, possibly be perceived as a disapproving look from the preacher. "Shucks, preacher, ah was just askin'. Fella might savvy some 7 card stud, maybe some Nevada Cheat 'em. Ah ain't gonna presume to make judgment against the man if he fancies a game here'n there." Grinning, drinking, and boasting, Bullet Jones whiles away the evening, and occasional invitations to start a game of cards are offered.
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Current Status Post
Bennies: 2/3
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 5
Toughness: 14 (6)
ISP: 38 / 50
Active Powers: Greater Boost Trait - Shooting (+2 die types); Greater Smite (PHC, silver, raise); Greater Deflection (raise, -6 to hit)
Pace: 6
Pertinent Edges: Master Psionic, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Strong Willed, Ambidextrous, Two Fisted, Quick, Elan
Armor: TW Lucky Devil's Duster
  • +6 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
  • FEP
  • +2 Gambling
  • Armor, Quickness, Invisibility powers
Weapon(s) in holster:
Right hand: PHC
Left hand: Hellfire Hand Cannon
Telekinesis: inactive
Adventure Cards:
  • none drawn yet
Edit Signature
Duncan Montana

Post by Duncan Montana »

Notice 5 K-common 2
Notice: [dice]0[/dice]
WILD dye: [dice]1[/dice]

Common Knowledge: [dice]2[/dice]
WILD dye: [dice]3[/dice]
After hitching his metal horse to the hitchin' post and assurin' her he was just goin' to be right inside, Duncan enters the saloon and glances uneasily at the dead man laid out on the table as he enters the saloon and gives a low, loud whistle. "Whew, boy! This is a rough saloon, I'd say." His eyes linger on the hole in the dead man's head as he follows the others to a table until Stella speaks.
Stella wrote:"Make yourself welcome, stranger, and I'll be around in a second to take your order, as you look plenty parched......Hopefully this will get you started. Baz has steaks cut if you want me to throw some on, and I can bring you anything else you'd like to drink. Not often we get honest-to-goodness heroes in here, after saving the women and children and the whole real thing"
"Well, aren't you a little ray o' sunshine? Yes ma'am I sure am! Thankya ma'am." Duncan respectfully removes his hat when he addresses her and gives her his best smile. "Name's Duncan. Duncan Montana."

Duncan offers no argument when steaks and beer are produced aplenty. As he eats and drinks, Duncan stays quiet and is careful not to include himself as pardners to the group's recent heroics on account a' he wasn't ridin' with 'em when they went and done all that stuff and he didn't want ta be the kinda feller that brags about stuff he didn't do. Heroes? Saving womens and kids? This Legion IS like the Rangers! But just with magics and aliens and such.
Jack wrote:"Come on in here, bronco. Set a spell. First drink's on me. Holy hellfire in Houston, looks like the whole bar's on my tab tonight. Ya play cards?......Shucks, preacher, ah was just askin'. Fella might savvy some 7 card stud, maybe some Nevada Cheat 'em. Ah ain't gonna presume to make judgment against the man if he fancies a game here'n there."
"Well I ain't never heard of no Nevada Cheat 'em before, but when it comes to 7 card stud? I'm yer huckleberry!" Duncan takes a big swig of beer as Jack hooks an arm around his his head and he gets an up-close view of Jack's nice, expensive-looking threads and custom pistols and is reminded that the barman also mentioned this whole shindig is on Jack's tab. "Uh, for small stakes at first, though. I'm still establishin' myself here and oughta be more frugal at first, an' all."
Duncan Montana
Duncan Montana
Gunslinger
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6 d12+2, Vigor d6
Charisma: 2 ; Pace: 6 (8) (d6 running); Parry: 6; Toughness: 5 17(10)
Clueless (-2 to all K-Common rolls), Loyal, Big Mouth
Notice d6, Common Knowledge d8-2, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d4+2
I Know A Guy: (Once per session can invoke Connection Edge (Persuasion roll) with any person or group, only used up when contact is successfully made)
Quick: (re-draw combat initiative card < 6)
Nerves of Steel: (He may ignore 1 point of wound penalties)
Steady Hands: (Ignores the “unstable platform” penalty for firing from the backs of animals or while riding in moving vehicles. In addition, when performing actions while Running (see page 65), his penalty is –1 instead of –2)
Two-Fisted: (May attack with a weapon in each hand without multi-action penalty)
Woodsman: (+2 to Tracking, Survival, and Stealth rolls made in the wilderness)
Lucky: (+1 benny/quarter)
Brave: (+2 to Fear rolls)

WOUNDS:

Bandito Arms RH-1002B Robot Riding Horse "Bandit"
Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+2, Vigor d8
Skills: Fighting d4, Notice d8+2, Survival d6
Pace: 12 (Acc/TS 10/50); Parry: 4; Toughness: 17 (8)
Special Abilities
  • All-Terrain: Ignores penalties for rough terrain, and each inch counts as 1.5” instead of 2”
  • Armor +8: High strength alloy, M.D.C.
  • Handling: Riders gain +2 on all Riding checks.
  • Kick: Str, Mega Damage.
  • Sensor Suite: Power Armor sensors and communication, including 360 radar, thermal imaging, night vision, HUD, and +2 to Notice checks
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Robots suffer +4 damage from electrical attacks.
  • Nuclear Power Pack - Robot does not need to be recharged for 15 years
  • Size +2: Based on the mustangs of old, these robot horses are of a strong, compact model.
  • Travel Speed: Use the Acc/TS for overland speeds; use pace for combat

Adv. Cards
Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement)
Florence Nightingale: Play this card to gain +2 on heal checks on the current patient. Spend a Benny: Gain +4 on heal checks on the current patient.

BENNIES (LUCKY): 7/4
  • +1 from last Q bonus
  • +1 given upon return from the fade
  • +1 for donating supplies to refugees
Sir Blurre
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Sir Blurre »

Sir Blurre eats simple fare--a more modest cut of meat (not heavily seasoned), a hunk of wheat bread, and if there's any sort of vegetable available, he'll snag that as well. He also warmly welcomes Duncan to the group, and bids Jasco farewell. At some point, he'll join Orrin.

"I cannot help but notice that this effect is at least similar to my order's armor. I don't suppose I could get you to consider the idea that this is a sign of a new calling? 'Sir Truthspeaker' would have a very powerful ring to it."

OOC Comments
Heh. There is approval for the IDEA of changing IFs, so it'd be up to Tribe to map out a path for how to accomplish it in-game, if you (and Orrin) are interested in the notion of becoming a Cyber-Knight.
Sir Blurre
Quick Stats
Quick-Flex Cyber-Knight
Agility d10, Smarts d6-1, Spirit d12+1 (+3), Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Psionics d6; Fighting d12; Shooting d6; Streetwise d6+2; Intimidate d6+2; Taunt d6+2; Notice d4; Survival d4+2; Persuasion d4; Investigation d4; Common Knowledge d6-1
Charisma: +2; Pace: 14/d12+1;
Shield: Parry: 11 (-2 to be hit by tech); Toughness: 14 (4) melee, 18 (8) range; +2 vs. Evil
No Shield: Parry: 9 (-2 to be hit by tech); Toughness: 14 (4); +2 vs. Evil
Hindrances: Overconfident, Vow, Code of Honor, All Thumbs, Poverty
Notice d4, Common Knowledge d6+1, Intimidation d6+2, Persuasion d4+2, Taunt d6+2
Edges: Elan, Champion, Charge/Overrun, Ambidextrous/Two-Fisted, Common Bond, Well-Traveled (+2 CK rolls for people/geography in NorthAmerica); Master Psi-Sword
Powers: Speed, Deflection, Quickness, Wall-Walker

Bennies: 4/5
ISP: 19/20 (To recharge, must let armor go uncharged for an hour)

[list]Q2/19 Adventure cards:
Contact - Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
Arcane Inspiration - When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Inspiration - Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round.[/list]
Jack 'Bullet' Jones
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Jack laughs, and slaps the cowboy on the back. "Nevada Cheat 'em is one of my favorite games! Best five card hand wins, but if yer only playin' the cards yer dealt, yer playin' it wrong. Takes real steady hands and some advance plannin'. Don't hurt havin' an accomplice or two." He winks at Stella. "But heck fire, we can start with a few hands of stud. Get a feel fer the table. Maybe we sucker...ah mean, maybe we pull a few others in the game, fatten the calf a little bit. Savvy?" Jack digs in to a steak placed in front of him by Stella. Medium rare. Perfect.
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Current Status Post
Active Powers: Greater Boost Trait - Shooting (+2 die types); Greater Smite (PHC, silver, raise); Greater Deflection (raise, -6 to hit)
Pertinent Edges: Master Psionic, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Strong Willed, Ambidextrous, Two Fisted, Quick, Elan
  • +6 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
  • FEP
  • +2 Gambling
Weapon(s) in holster:
Adventure Cards:
  • none drawn yet
Edit Signature
Kim Black
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kim Black »

Notice 7 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Ace [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 7 Success
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Ace [dice]5[/dice]

Once they got to Black Mesa, Kim gratefully pulled off the helmet of her armor, shaking out her sweaty brown hair. She looked a bit chagrined at seeing the beauty of Stella gliding through the saloon, what with her looking a mess like she did.

“Steak will be great, Stella, and a beer,” Kim said.

“Ginger ale it is,” Stella said, but gave Kim a wink.

Kim chuckled. Then she looked over at the dead body on the table. “Why is he...um...sitting out like that?” she whispered to Jack. It seemed...morbid. And it was hot out. He was going to start to smell.

Kim settled down with her steak and beer, her stomach reminding her how hungry she was. She started to dig in when another voice broke through chaos of the saloon.

“Miss Kimberly Black!”

Kim blinked and looked up to see the attractive middle aged raven haired beauty in the black dress step just inside the saloon. Widow O’Brien looked around with distaste at the establishment, and when her eyes locked on Stella, both women shot daggers, before Margaret spotted Kim.

“Ah, there you are, young lady!” Maggie said, striding effortlessly through the drunken patrons.

Kim did have to admire the way the woman could look like a lady, even amidst all this. She gave a sheepish smile. “Hello, Mrs. O’Brien,” she greeted.

Maggie looked at the beer in front of Kim and tutted. “The devil’s own brew, young lady!” she scolded. “Hussy! Bring the girl a proper drink!”

Stella glared at Widow O’Brien, but she brought over the ginger ale and took back the beer.

Kim sighed, giving a longing look after the alcohol. It wasn’t that she didn’t like ginger ale, nor that she particularly liked beer. She just didn’t want to look like a kid in front of Jack.

“Thank you, Mrs. O’Brien,” Kim said politely, taking a sip of the bubbly soda. She did, after all, like it.

“Oh, you poor girl. Look at you!” Maggie fingered Kim’s damp, stringing hair. “Galavanting all over creation, putting yourself in danger, when you should be finding yourself a nice man and settling down, having children.” Widow O’Brien gave a longing, dramatic sigh.

Kim blushed, her eyes going to Jack for a moment. “I...think I am a little young for that,” she murmured, ducking back into her food.

“Nonsense! I was younger than you when I met my poor, departed Liam!” Maggie scoffed. “I never could give him the heir he wanted, though,” she said sadly. “I think that led him to turn to the hussies.” She glared across the room at Stella once more.

Kim wisely said nothing, devouring her steak.

“But you still have time!” Maggie said. “I am going to put your name in for the cotillion this month. You can come out with the other girls. You’re a couple years older, but that shouldn’t be a big issue.”

Kim nearly choked on her steak. She took a big gulp of soda, gave a bit of an unladylike belch that earned her a disapproving look from Widow O’Brien, and gasped out, “‘Scuse me. What’s...What’s a cotillion?”

“Oh, it’s a wonderful right of passage for a young lady,” Widow O’Brien said fondly. “It is when all the young women enter society, declare they are eligible to all the young men. You get to wear a fancy dress, and there will be dancing…” She trailed off, waxing rhapsodic.

Kim blinked, staring at the older woman that had, for some reason, taken such an interest in her.

“Now, you old witch, leave the girl to eat in peace,” Stella said as she came back to refill Kim’s drink.

Another stare down began between the two women.

“Who are you calling a witch, you skank?”

“Kim isn’t from ‘round these parts. If she doesn’t want a stupid cotillion, she doesn’t have to attend.”

“Did you have one, Stella?” Kim asked.

Stella actually blushed a bit. “I...wasn’t of the proper sort of folk that get cotillion’, Kim,” she said.

“Stella is a whore, and trash, to boot,” O’Brien said.

They glared at each other again. Kim wasn’t sure which one would burst into flames first.

“O...kay,” Kim broke in. “Well, I don’t know how to dance, so I guess that nixes the cotillion idea.”

Maggie gasped and put a hand to her chest. “Don’t know how to dance? What manner of mother raised you!”

Kim looked down, pushing food around on her plate. “My mum died when I was six,” she said.

Widow O’Brien softened and reached out, pressing Kim’s hand. “Oh, you poor thing,” she said, dabbing her eyes with a handkerchief she produced from her sleeve. “Well, do not let a little thing like that stop you. We will find someone to give you some quick lessons. Once we get you a beautiful dress, the boys won’t mind if you step on their toes a little.”

Kim blushed and glanced over at Jack again.

“I could teach you,” Stella offered.

Maggie glared up at the saloon girl. “Not that kind of dancing, hussy!”

Stella glared back. “I know your fancy dancing, too, Mrs. O’Brien.”

Kim sighed. It really didn’t look like she was getting out of this. When Mrs. O’Brien got her teeth in a bone, there was no getting it free. “That would be wonderful, Stella, thank you,” Kim said politely.

Maggie stood up, smoothing the skirts of her black dress. “Come by after church for Sunday dinner,” she told Kim. “We can start making plans for your dress.”

“Yes, ma’am,” Kim murmured sheepishly.

“And get this girl some pie, Stella!” she snapped. “She’s all skin and bones! And draw her a hot bath for later. Such a mess.” Widow O’Brien shook her head as she looked over Kim.

Kim just gave an awkward smile.

As Maggie turned to go, she bumped into Duncan Montana.

“Oh, pardon!” she said, putting a hand to her ample chest. She looked over the young cowboy and her full lips curled in a smile. “My apologies, sir. Are you new in town?”

Kim raised an eyebrow as she watched the Widow O’Brien. She’d never seen her act like that around a man.

“Duncan Montana, this is the Widow O’Brien,” Kim introduced. “Uh...Mrs. O’Brien.”

“Margaret,” Widow O’Brien said, extending her delicate hand. “Most folk call me Maggie.” She batted her long lashes a bit over her blue eyes. “Welcome to Black Mesa.”

OOC Comments
Conditions:
  • Lead Balloon: 3 rounds
  • Arcane Machinist (3/5)
  • Backpack of Shooting Stars
    • 41/42 shots
    • PPE 10/10
  • Electro-Blaster (Burst)
    • 15 stored PPE
    • Cost: 2 PPE
    • Range: Cone template
    • Trappings (Electricity, Spasms): Painful muscle contractions. With a Raise, target has to make a Vigor roll or be at -2 Parry until his next action.
    • Damage: 2d10 Mega-Damage; targets can make an Agility vs TW roll to avoid.
    • Mega: Greater Burst
      • Cost: 4 PPE
      • Damage: 3d12 MD
  • Lead Balloon (Barrier)
    • 6 stored PPE
    • Cost: 1/section
    • Range: Smarts
    • Duration: 3 (1/section/round)
    • Trappings: Fires a polymer-lead mixture to coat an object in lead and reduce radiation exposure.
    • 1” section of wall per point, 10 Toughness
    • Mega: Stalwart Walls
      • Cost: 2/section
      • Range: Smarts x 2
      • Adds 12 MDC to the Toughness of each section.

Equipment
This should be about at her load limit of 30 lb.
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Vibro-Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
Vehicle
Desert Fox Hovercycle (stats of NG-150): Combining solar cells and a powerful electric engine, the Desert Fox has a range of 600 miles and a max ceiling of 20 feet, before it needs a night’s recharge. (153,000 credits)
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Notes: Exposed Crew, Handling 3, Hover
NG Sky Siren (Sev’s)
  • Size: 5
  • Acc/TS: 15/60
  • Toughness: 25 (14) MDC
  • Crew: 1+5
  • Remaining Mods: 5
  • Handling: 1
  • Hover
  • Environmental Systems
  • Sensor Suite

Loot
Loot
  • 5 L-20 Pulse rifles modified to tap into onboard power supply, but still accept e-clips
    • Damage: 3d6+1
    • Range: 25/50/100
    • ROF 4
    • AP 2
    • Shots: 40
    • Weight: 7
  • 6 normal L-20 Pulse rifles (same stats as above)
  • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector with full clip and spare clip
    • Damage: 3d10
    • Range: 24/48/96
    • ROF 1
    • Shots: 12 + spare clip 12
    • Weight: 20
  • 6 Wilk’s-Remi 136 pistols
    • Damage: 2d6+1, AP 4
    • Range: 15/30/60
    • ROF: 1
    • Shots: 16
    • Weight: 3
  • 2 Bandit IP-10 Ion pistols
    • Damage: 1-3d6+1
    • Range: 12/24/48
    • Shots: 10
    • Weight: 5
  • 2 Vibro-swords
  • 5 Vibro-knives
  • 8 Fragmentation grenades
  • Branaghan Body Armor (NG Peacekeeper)
    • +6 Armor
    • +2 Toughness
  • TW Hellfire Hand Cannon
    • Damage: 2d10+2, AP 2, MD
    • Fan the hammer
    • Affects least armored area
    • Catch fire 1 in 6
  • Pow-Pow Powerfist
    • Damage: Str+d6 MD, +1d10 on Raise
    • +2 Strength rolls
    • Pummel power on a hit for 2 PP
    • Smite power with electricity-spasms for 2 PP
  • Samson power armor parts
  • Combat Shield
    • +2 Parry
    • +4 Armor vs. ranged attacks
    • Functions as Neural Mace in melee
      • Str+1d6
      • Touch attack, victim makes Vigor check or Incapacitated
Character Tracking
Kim Black Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (7)
PPE: 14/20
Arcane Machinist (5/6): armor, barrier, blast, blind, bolt, boost/lower Trait, burrow, burst, clairvoyance, confusion, damage field, darksight, deflection, detect/conceal arcana, dispel, drain Power Points, entangle, environmental protection, farsight, fly, havoc, healing, intangibility, invisibility, light/obscure, pummel, quickness, slumber, smite, speak language, speed, stun, succor, telekinesis, teleport, wall walker, warrior’s gift.
Ace: May make Soak rolls for vehicles at -2

Backpack of Shooting Stars
  • 42/42 shots
  • PPE 10/10
Device: Boost Trait (Shooting)
  • PPE 13/17
Hellfire Sword
  • PPE 10/10
Jammer Pistol
  • 10/10 shots
UEMC (10 charges/e-clip)
Adventure Cards
  • Theme Song: It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words.
  • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un-Shaken now as well.
  • Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.

Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Hellfire Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
  • Multitool: +1 Repair
  • UEMC

Vehicles
Northern Gun Sky Siren (Mountaineer w/ hover)(TW)
Ostensibly designed as a civilian vehicle, the NG Sky Siren is a rugged, but agile, hover transport with plenty of room for combat upgrades. The nuclear engine provides near limitless range, while the powerful hoverjets give it a max altitude of about 20 feet, although it is capable of handling drops of up to 100 feet.
  • Light Missile Launcher (turret)
    • Damage: 5d6 MBT MD AP 13 (anti-vehicle missiles)
    • Range: 150/300/600
    • Shots: 8
      • 1 reload of 8 shots (anti-vehicle)
    • Reload: 3000/missile/total=24k credits
  • Light Rail Gun (forward mounted)
    • Damage: 2d10+4, ROF 3, AP 10
    • Range: 100/200/400
    • Shots: 45
    • Reload: 10,000 credits
  • Size 5
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Toughness 25 (14)
  • Crew 1+5
  • Remaining Mods: 1
  • Handling 1
  • Hover
  • Environmental systems
  • MDC Armor
  • Sensor suite
  • TW Minor Mods: +2 Piloting
  • TW Major Mods: +4 die types to Piloting
  • Cantrip: Purple flame light on the front grill
Desert Fox Hovercycle (stats of NG-150): Combining solar cells and a powerful electric engine, the Desert Fox has a range of 600 miles and a max ceiling of 20 feet, before it needs a night’s recharge. (153,000 credits)
  • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector
    • ROF 1
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
Police Hovercycle (Speedster hovercycle)
  • Mini Rail Gun
    • Damage: 2d8+4, ROF 4, AP6
    • Range: 75/150/300
    • Shots: 32
  • Toughness 17 (8)
  • ACC/TS: 15/80
  • Size 2
  • Crew: 1
  • Exposed Crew, Hover
Big Boss ATV (space girl has it currently)
  • Toughness 23 (12)
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Size 4
  • Crew 1+3
  • Remaining Mods 2
  • Notes: All-Terrain, M.D.C. Armor
Mission Loot
494,000 credits in salvage/misc gear and cyberwear
A pair of pearl-handled TX-26 Particle Beam Pistols previously owned by Dutch (Range 10/20/40, Damage 2d8+3, RoF 1, AP 2, Semiauto)
A pair of Infernal Sixguns made of smoking black iron, previously "owned" by Hex (Range 10/20/40, Damage 1-3d8, RoF 1, AP 4, +2d Shooting, gain Vow: Serve the Devil).
A TW shard pistol (Range 15/30/60, Damage 2d8+1, RoF 3, AP 1, 3RB, lower trait (Vigor) activated by Shooting)
A vehicular Light Rail Gun salvaged from Oso's otherwise-scrapped power armor (Range 100/200/400, Damage 2d10+4, RoF 3, AP 10, Mega Damage)
Bandit IP-44 Super Ion Pistols (as NG-59, Range 10/20/40, Damage 1-3d6, RoF 1, plus single-shot grenade launcher loaded with plasma, Range 12/24/48, Damage 3d10, ignores all but sealed armor, SBT), ammo belt includes 6 spare plasma grenades
5 Plasma grenades
4 High Explosive grenades
4 Armor Piercing grenades
4 Frag grenades
Kim Black
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kim Black »

Notice 5 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 3 Fail
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Kim trudged wearily into her room after her dinner and the wake downstairs ended. She reached up to release the clasps on her armor, letting it clatter to the floor. She groaned and stretched as the weight was released. Catching a glimpse of herself in the mirror, Kim cringed. Her brown hair was bedraggled, and pit stains marked her underarms and stained her chest. She sighed. Such a beauty.

Kim went into the small bathroom off of her bedroom and started the bath. The pipes protested a bit, but Kim had put in some work improving the saloon where they were staying. She added a bit of lilac scented bubble bath to the water and let it fill as she wandered back to her room, stripping out of her sweaty, dirty clothes.

When the bath was ready, Kim sank with a sigh into the hot water, easing away the aches in her muscles. She washed her hair, and then lay back and just soaked. She even dozed off until the water grew cold and her skin pruned. She hauled herself out and dried off, pulling on a pair of cut off denim shorts and an old white t-shirt that clung a bit to her young figure, still a bit damp from the bath.

Kim eyed her bed, but, while her body was tired, her mind was too much awake. She slipped on some boots and grabbed up her tool belt before heading downstairs. She got a thermos of coffee from the kitchen and went out to the back shed. The team rented it for her workshop and some storage. She keyed in the code on the lock. Currently the shed was stacked with the extra weapons and gear they had looted from this last mission, stacked up near the door for easy sale tomorrow. But Kim’s workbench at the back was still open.

Kim turned on the overhead light and pulled on a headlamp, as well. She picked up a large shield that Rill had purchased and clamped it into place. Pulling up a stool, she hunched over and got to work.

As often happened when she worked, Kim lost track of time. The coffee in the thermos was gone, her back ached from leaning over, and her eyes were strained. She groaned as she stretched. She had to pee. She was surprised to find it was dawn when she emerged from the shed. After a bathroom stop, Kim grabbed a quick breakfast, and headed back out to her workshop. They only had a couple days until they were supposed to meet this Keegan character, so she wanted to get as much work done as possible.

Kim finished with a few hours to spare and grinned at her handiwork. She picked it up and headed out again, locking up behind her. She lifted her arm to take a sniff and winced. She really needed another bath and a change of clothes. God, it was so hot here!

Kim went back inside and stopped at Rill’s door, knocking quietly. When the mystic appeared, she held out a leather arm band. A large blue sapphire was embedded at the wrist, and it was decorated with small, plastic bejeweling gems in religious patterns.

“I hope you like it,” Kim told Rill. “I tried to get it like you wanted, but added a few minor things.” She gave a yawn. “Sorry. Been a long couple days.”

OOC Comments
Conditions:
  • Arcane Machinist (3/5)
    • 42/42 shots
    • PPE 10/10
    • 15 stored PPE
    • Trappings (Electricity, Spasms): Painful muscle contractions. With a Raise, target has to make a Vigor roll or be at -2 Parry until his next action.
  • Lead Balloon (Barrier)
    • 6 stored PPE
    • Trappings: Fires a polymer-lead mixture to coat an object in lead and reduce radiation exposure.

Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Vibro-Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
Vehicle
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
NG Sky Siren (Sev’s)
  • Hover
  • Environmental Systems
  • Sensor Suite

Loot
Loot
  • 5 L-20 Pulse rifles modified to tap into onboard power supply, but still accept e-clips
    • ROF 4
    • AP 2
    • ROF 1
  • 2 Vibro-swords
  • 5 Vibro-knives
    • +6 Armor
    • +2 Toughness
    • Fan the hammer
    • Catch fire 1 in 6
  • Pow-Pow Powerfist
    • +2 Strength rolls
  • Combat Shield
    • +2 Parry
      • Str+1d6
Character Tracking
Arcane Machinist (5/6): armor, barrier, blast, blind, bolt, boost/lower Trait, burrow, burst, clairvoyance, confusion, damage field, darksight, deflection, detect/conceal arcana, dispel, drain Power Points, entangle, environmental protection, farsight, fly, havoc, healing, intangibility, invisibility, light/obscure, pummel, quickness, slumber, smite, speak language, speed, stun, succor, telekinesis, teleport, wall walker, warrior’s gift.

• 42/42 shots
  • PPE 10/10
  • PPE 13/17
Hellfire Sword
  • PPE 10/10
Jammer Pistol
  • 10/10 shots
UEMC (10 charges/e-clip)
Adventure Cards
  • Theme Song: It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words.
  • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un-Shaken now as well.
  • Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.

Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Hellfire Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
  • UEMC

Vehicles
Ostensibly designed as a civilian vehicle, the NG Sky Siren is a rugged, but agile, hover transport with plenty of room for combat upgrades. The nuclear engine provides near limitless range, while the powerful hoverjets give it a max altitude of about 20 feet, although it is capable of handling drops of up to 100 feet.
  • Size 5
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Toughness 25 (14)
  • Crew 1+5
  • Handling 1
  • Hover
  • Environmental systems
  • MDC Armor
  • Sensor suite
  • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector
    • ROF 1
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Mini Rail Gun
  • Toughness 17 (8)
  • Size 2
  • Exposed Crew, Hover
  • Toughness 23 (12)
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Size 4
  • Crew 1+3
  • Remaining Mods 2
Mission Loot
A pair of pearl-handled TX-26 Particle Beam Pistols previously owned by Dutch (Range 10/20/40, Damage 2d8+3, RoF 1, AP 2, Semiauto)
A pair of Infernal Sixguns made of smoking black iron, previously "owned" by Hex (Range 10/20/40, Damage 1-3d8, RoF 1, AP 4, +2d Shooting, gain Vow: Serve the Devil).
A TW shard pistol (Range 15/30/60, Damage 2d8+1, RoF 3, AP 1, 3RB, lower trait (Vigor) activated by Shooting)
A vehicular Light Rail Gun salvaged from Oso's otherwise-scrapped power armor (Range 100/200/400, Damage 2d10+4, RoF 3, AP 10, Mega Damage)
Bandit IP-44 Super Ion Pistols (as NG-59, Range 10/20/40, Damage 1-3d6, RoF 1, plus single-shot grenade launcher loaded with plasma, Range 12/24/48, Damage 3d10, ignores all but sealed armor, SBT), ammo belt includes 6 spare plasma grenades
5 Plasma grenades
4 Frag grenades
Jack 'Bullet' Jones
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Kim chuckled. Then she looked over at the dead body on the table. “Why is he...um...sitting out like that?” she whispered to Jack. It seemed...morbid. And it was hot out. He was going to start to smell.
Jack leaned in to offer some insight. "That's provin' the old coot's dead so the Killians and the Market can settle their account. That and ah think the drinkin' lit off mighty quick-like after the cullin' of ol' Killian. Heh. Say that five times fast. Anyhow, ah reckon nobody feels like takin' the time ta go buryin' him when there's drinks on my tab. Whole passel of thirsty vultures, the lot of 'em."
“Oh, it’s a wonderful right of passage for a young lady,” Widow O’Brien said fondly. “It is when all the young women enter society, declare they are eligible to all the young men. You get to wear a fancy dress, and there will be dancing…” She trailed off, waxing rhapsodic.
Jack stares straight at Kim, a grin widening across his face. "Well, ah declare, little darlin'. Are you fixin' ta declare yerself eligible? Gonna retire from this life of adventure and start makin' babies instead of gadgets and gizmos? If not, well, heck fire, maybe one of them frilly dresses might just become yer Legion uniform! We are an outreach team, after all. Nothin' says outreach like a dainty little dress! Maybe we'll truss ol' Orrin up in one too. Standard community outreach uniform! HA!" He lets out an uproarious guffaw. He turns momentarily back to his table. "Raise! You ain't got nothin' in that hand, Pete! Ah done taught ya better'n that! Wait fer the flop 'fore ya break into yer flop sweat! Hell's bells!" He slaps his hand over his mouth and looks at Rill. "Sorry, preacher. Gettin' a little carried away."
Widow O’Brien softened and reached out, pressing Kim’s hand. “Oh, you poor thing,” she said, dabbing her eyes with a handkerchief she produced from her sleeve. “Well, do not let a little thing like that stop you. We will find someone to give you some quick lessons. Once we get you a beautiful dress, the boys won’t mind if you step on their toes a little.”

Kim blushed and glanced over at Jack again.
Jack chuckles to himself and says, almost under his breath, "They can't step on yer toes if'n they're pointed up." The other players at the impromptu card game laugh like hyenas.
As Maggie turned to go, she bumped into Duncan Montana.

“Oh, pardon!” she said, putting a hand to her ample chest. She looked over the young cowboy and her full lips curled in a smile. “My apologies, sir. Are you new in town?”

Kim raised an eyebrow as she watched the Widow O’Brien. She’d never seen her act like that around a man.

“Duncan Montana, this is the Widow O’Brien,” Kim introduced. “Uh...Mrs. O’Brien.”

“Margaret,” Widow O’Brien said, extending her delicate hand. “Most folk call me Maggie.” She batted her long lashes a bit over her blue eyes. “Welcome to Black Mesa.”
Jack's eyebrows perk up. As soon as Duncan sits, he prods him a bit. "Shoot, pardner, if'n yer aim's true, ya might just give Widow O'Brien the child she ain't had. She just about had her way with ya right here in front of the whole Sidewinder. Gracious. Ah don't believe she's even looked at me that way. Fresh meat, ah reckon!"
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Current Status Post
  • +6 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
  • FEP
  • +2 Gambling
Weapon(s) in holster:
Adventure Cards:
  • none drawn yet
Edit Signature
Jack 'Bullet' Jones
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

INTERLUDE
Gambling 13
Gambling
[dice]0[/dice]

Benny for extra effort with prior result
[dice]2[/dice]

WD Gambling
[dice]1[/dice]

There will be bennies.
Jack spends a good bit of time in the Sidewinder overnight, talking, drinking (some), and mostly, gambling. Unfortunately, it's hard to get a game in this town, as most have been beaten by Bullet Jones at any game they tried. Only a few rubes who are into their cups have the gumption to sit.

Taking the early afternoon for a solo ride, Jack finds himself ranging outside the town limits, being careful to avoid the uncertainty of the boundaries of the Killians' land...or is it the Market's? Word hadn't reached him yet, or maybe it hadn't been settled. He was too busy with his game.

Stopping by a creek, he dismounts to wash his face and get a mouthful of water. Nothin' like water from a runnin' creek. Beats all them fancy pipes and plumbin'.'
Standing up from his quick drink, he hears the rustling of brush. "'bout time you showed yerself. Ah was wonderin' if you were gonna take the shot from that hill or man up. Least ya got the guts ta stand me down, fer a change." He turns to face the man who had the drop on him. "Chuck Winger. Nice rig. Ah might be a fool, but it looks a damn sight like the one that some rustler done pilfered from my room at the Oriental."

A wicked grin broke across the gunman's face. "Serves yer sorry carcass right fer cheatin' me. Took my woman too, ya thievin' runt!"

Jack stared the man down. "Ah don't have ta cheat fer you ta hand me all yer chips. All in on two pair with a straight flush practically laid out in front of ya? Yer a plumb fool, and that woman didn't feel like gettin' hit again 'cause yer dog don't hunt."
Winger growled. "SHE WEREN'T PURTY 'NUFF! I WAS NERVOUS!"

Jack's face mocked concern. "Might just be a medical condition. Go get yerself a body fixer. Reckon they might be able to fix yer face, too."
The man was losing his cool. "SHUT UP, JONES! I'm gonna burn you down!"

A smile crept across Jones' lips. "...say when..."

Chuck Winger stared daggers into Jones' eyes. If looks could kill, the hate from Winger could level all of Chi-Town. Jack Jones, on the other hand, smiled almost too coolly for a man staring down a homicidal maniac with a Wilk's Remi pistol seated loosely in his holster.

Winger's jaw sets, grinding his teeth.
Jones stands stone still.
Winger's breathing quickens.
Jones...stands stone still.
Winger's lips quiver.
Jones doesn't flinch.
Winger's eyes move to the hand cannon at Jack's hip.
Jones winks.

Rage overtakes the murderous gunslinger. Chuck Winger reaches for the pistol at his hip. Before he can draw, Bullet Jones squeezes the trigger. The blast tears out half of Winger's throat. He slumps to the ground, blood spurting out onto the thirsty earth.
Jack replaces the pistol in the holster. Walking slowly towards the dying bandit, Jones shakes his head. "Yer fast, Winger. Reckon ya might even be a little faster'n me. But ah didn't feel like meetin' the Maker today. Maybe in the next go 'round, ah'll let ya draw. But this time, ya got what's comin' to ya." He kicks the gunman in the side. The man's eyes go red with dying rage. "Oh, Lainie Miller sends her regards. She'll be happy never ta have you put yer filthy mitts on her throat again, you flea-bitten cur. Never hit a lady." Chuck Winger gurgles, spits...and passes.
Jack Jones takes a few minutes to remove the fancy coat, vest, and hat from the dead man. Glad to have my real rig back.

Leaving the body for the vultures, Bullet Jones rides back to Black Mesa, sits at a table in the Sidewinder, and orders a whiskey from the angel, Stella.
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Current Status Post
  • +6 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
  • FEP
  • +2 Gambling
Weapon(s) in holster:
Adventure Cards:
  • none drawn yet
Edit Signature
Kim Black
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kim Black »

Notice 7 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 3 Fail
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

“Huh,” Kim said as Jack explained why Rondo Killian was lying out in state. “I suppose that makes some kind of sense?” she queried.

And then Jack went and made fun of her and the pretty dress Widow O’Brien was undoubtedly going to get her into. Kim blushed furiously. “No, not retiring yet,” she murmured. “And who said you can’t make babies and gizmos?” she demanded. “My mum did!” Well, one baby. “And I bet I would look good in one of those frilly dresses!” she said defensively. Not that she really knew how to wear one. “And maybe I’ll make you dance with me, Bullet Jones, just so I can step on your darn feet!” she said huffily.

OOC Comments
Conditions:
  • Arcane Machinist (3/6)
    • 42/42 shots
    • PPE 10/10
    • 15 stored PPE
  • Lead Balloon (Barrier)
    • 6 stored PPE

Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Vibro-Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
Vehicle
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
NG Sky Siren (Sev’s)
  • Hover
  • Environmental Systems
  • Sensor Suite

Loot
Loot
    • ROF 4
    • AP 2
    • ROF 1
  • 2 Vibro-swords
  • 5 Vibro-knives
    • +6 Armor
    • +2 Toughness
    • Fan the hammer
    • Catch fire 1 in 6
  • Pow-Pow Powerfist
    • +2 Strength rolls
  • Combat Shield
    • +2 Parry
      • Str+1d6
Character Tracking

• 42/42 shots
  • PPE 10/10
  • PPE 13/17
Hellfire Sword
  • PPE 10/10
Jammer Pistol
  • 10/10 shots
UEMC (10 charges/e-clip)
Adventure Cards

Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Hellfire Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
  • UEMC

Vehicles
  • Size 5
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Toughness 25 (14)
  • Crew 1+5
  • Handling 1
  • Hover
  • Environmental systems
  • MDC Armor
  • Sensor suite
  • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector
    • ROF 1
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Mini Rail Gun
  • Toughness 17 (8)
  • Size 2
  • Exposed Crew, Hover
  • Toughness 23 (12)
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Size 4
  • Crew 1+3
  • Remaining Mods 2
Mission Loot
5 Plasma grenades
4 Frag grenades
Duncan Montana

Post by Duncan Montana »

Kim wrote:“Oh, pardon!” she said, putting a hand to her ample chest. She looked over the young cowboy and her full lips curled in a smile. “My apologies, sir. Are you new in town?”

It was hard ta tell which happened first - Duncan's hat leaving his head to properly greet Maggie or his eyes leaving the lady's ample bosoms to meet her own. With his usual boyish grin he finally stammers out, "Howdy ma'am. It's a pleasure to meet ya, Mrs. O'Bosom--uh,er Marga- uh, Maggie. I mean ta say, it's a pleasure ta meet ya, Maggie."
Jack wrote:"Shoot, pardner, if'n yer aim's true, ya might just give Widow O'Brien the child she ain't had. She just about had her way with ya right here in front of the whole Sidewinder. Gracious. Ah don't believe she's even looked at me that way. Fresh meat, ah reckon!"
OOC Comments
Duncan leans back and puts on an air o' mild boredom as he sits back down, eyebrows raised in the air all proud-like. "Well, I reckon she ain't used to bein' around a real man like me." Then he slowly, slyly looks over ta Jack, and belts out a good-natured laugh at his friendly jibe before checkin' his cards and resuming the poker game.
Gambling 2
Gambling: [dice]0[/dice]
WILD dye: [dice]1[/dice]
Duncan Montana
Duncan Montana
Gunslinger
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6 d12+2, Vigor d6
Charisma: 2 ; Pace: 6 (8) (d6 running); Parry: 6; Toughness: 5 17(10)
Clueless (-2 to all K-Common rolls), Loyal, Big Mouth
Notice d6, Common Knowledge d8-2, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d4+2
I Know A Guy: (Once per session can invoke Connection Edge (Persuasion roll) with any person or group, only used up when contact is successfully made)
Quick: (re-draw combat initiative card < 6)
Nerves of Steel: (He may ignore 1 point of wound penalties)
Steady Hands: (Ignores the “unstable platform” penalty for firing from the backs of animals or while riding in moving vehicles. In addition, when performing actions while Running (see page 65), his penalty is –1 instead of –2)
Two-Fisted: (May attack with a weapon in each hand without multi-action penalty)
Woodsman: (+2 to Tracking, Survival, and Stealth rolls made in the wilderness)
Lucky: (+1 benny/quarter)
Brave: (+2 to Fear rolls)

WOUNDS:

Bandito Arms RH-1002B Robot Riding Horse "Bandit"
Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+2, Vigor d8
Skills: Fighting d4, Notice d8+2, Survival d6
Pace: 12 (Acc/TS 10/50); Parry: 4; Toughness: 17 (8)
Special Abilities
  • All-Terrain: Ignores penalties for rough terrain, and each inch counts as 1.5” instead of 2”
  • Armor +8: High strength alloy, M.D.C.
  • Handling: Riders gain +2 on all Riding checks.
  • Kick: Str, Mega Damage.
  • Sensor Suite: Power Armor sensors and communication, including 360 radar, thermal imaging, night vision, HUD, and +2 to Notice checks
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Robots suffer +4 damage from electrical attacks.
  • Nuclear Power Pack - Robot does not need to be recharged for 15 years
  • Size +2: Based on the mustangs of old, these robot horses are of a strong, compact model.
  • Travel Speed: Use the Acc/TS for overland speeds; use pace for combat

Adv. Cards
Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement)
Florence Nightingale: Play this card to gain +2 on heal checks on the current patient. Spend a Benny: Gain +4 on heal checks on the current patient.

BENNIES (LUCKY): 7/4
  • +1 from last Q bonus
  • +1 given upon return from the fade
  • +1 for donating supplies to refugees
Orrin Truthseeker
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Orrin Truthseeker »

When they arrive at the sidewinder Orrin, finds a table in the corner of the room, away from most of the excitement centered around the rest of the Legion. He is more than happy to let his crew bask in a little local glory. He just didn't feel the need to participate.

It wasn't that Orrin didn't like people. He actually rather enjoyed sitting back and watching as they came and went from the saloon. He smiled at Kim's multiple recurring predicament of being a pawn between Stella and Widow O'Brien's never ceasing feud.

We may have been able to stop a madman who talks to ghosts from blowing up the town, but no one will ever get those two to act civilly to one another, he thinks, as he raises his glass to take a drink of water. No whisky for him tonight. They only had a few days until Sir Keegan arrive, and Orrin had a battery of tests he needed to run on his condition. He had done a short rotation in an armory back before he left the Federation, and remembered some of the runes they applied to enhance the armor...

His thoughts were interrupted when Sir Blurr stopped by his table.
Sir Blurre wrote: "I cannot help but notice that this effect is at least similar to my order's armor. I don't suppose I could get you to consider the idea that this is a sign of a new calling? 'Sir Truthspeaker' would have a very powerful ring to it."
Orrin swirls his water thoughtfully as he seriously considers Blurr's invitation. After leaving the Federation, Orrin had learned that much of the propaganda the Federation published regarding the Cyber Knight's had been outright lies, and he had come to admire the Order and the various codes that the Knight's adhered to. They did a lot of good on behalf of humanity and D-Bee's alike. But as a knight, people would expect him to deal with their issues, and required a lot of talking to people...

How in the world did I end up in charge of a community out-reach team?

"I'm honored Blurr, I really am. I have a great respect for your order despite my upbringing in the Federation, and even more so for you... But I don't think the Knight's are my destiny. I do appreciate the offer though".

Orrin chats amiably with the knight for a few minutes before he makes his way back to the crowd, and Orrin's eyes drift to the body of Killian lying on the table. He feels no pity for the old man, but the sight of the corpse reminds him of another, dead on the floor of the ranch home, half his head blown away by the crazy rancher's ion pistol. The man likely died before he even knew what was going on. Orrin had looked into the mans background, Kurt was his name, as soon as they got back to Black Mesa. He had a wife and three kids, and Orrin had personally delivered the news

Orrin catches sight of Rill and tries to catch the preacher's attention. When he does, he invites the preacher to join him at his table.

"I'm a little surprised to see you amongst such a rowdy, iniquitous crowd Reverend" Orrin says smiling, hoping the preacher doesn't take offence. As if on cue the table Jack is sitting at bursts into a round of drunken laughter and not a few jovial curses.

"In all serious though, I wouldn't mind seeing you around a lot more regularly. We could really use a man with your abilities on our team. Despite my best efforts, people always seem to end up hurt. With someone like you around, a lot less people would end up like poor Kurt. The Legion employees quite a few men of the cloth, and some even eschew violence as you do. Though for a pacifist you sure pack a mean punch"

After another hour or so of enjoying watching his team bask in the praise of the townsfolk, Orrin retires to the barracks for the night. He has a couple of long days ahead if he wants to conduct all of the experiments he has planned before Sir Keegan arrives. He also needed to find some time to sneak back into the bunker to see what secrets from the past in may contain...
Orrin Truthseeker
Orrin Truthseeker
Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 0/3; PPE: 15/35; Staff PPE: 10/10; Armor PPE: 10/10

Parry: 4+1
Pace: 5+2
Toughness: 16 (6)
Active Effects Staff:, Spellcasting +1, Parry +1; Armor: Spellcasting +1, Kn Arc +2;

Notable Edges: LL Rejuvination; Common Bond; Wizard; Marksman; Metal Skin; Elan; Investigator (armor)
Powers: Beast Friend; Waking Dream (Illusion); Fireball (Bolt); Chakra Surge/Syphon (Boost/Lower Trait); Nature’s Gift (Warrior’s Gift); Mystical Sight (Detect Arcana); Arcane Severance (Dispel); Shadow Guard (Deflection); Adrenaline (Quickness); Armor

Bennies: 1/3
-1 Bennie - advancing through the train
-1 Bennie to unshake after backlash
-1 Bennie gifted to Blurr through common bond
+3 from Stella
+1 Jack Joker
+1 Tito Joker
-2 try to free the kids
-1 Reroll puppet resist
-1 reroll puppet breakout

Aventure Cards:
Inspiration: Friendly characters (including yourhero) add +2 to all trait rolls for therest of this round.

Spill the Beans:
The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force.

Power Surge: Immediately recover all spent Power Points.

Update Signature
Severianna
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Severianna »

Severianna follows the group into the Sidewinder and pauses a moment to take it all in. Whoa, sure is busy in here. Never seen it so busy. People sure are happy. Don't see that much happy around here often, at least not ever since I arrived. It looks good on them, she thinks.

Sev's ears perk up when she hears of a card game. This card game stuff sounds interesting. At least it's interesting when Jack speaks about it. "I'd like to play some, Jack. This cards thing sounds like fun." Sev will sit at the table and listen to everything Jack says in a wide eye'd Doe in headlights manner. Constantly sticking her tongue out in puzzled thought and a crinkled looked to her as she tries to follow it all. She smiles brightly when she thinks she has a good hand and lets out a big frown when she thinks she has a bad one. Her poker face can be read like a child opening boxes of toys and then handed some cooked vegetables for dinner.

Sev enjoys herself and takes in the whole experience. She even tries a whiskey or two to celebrate.
Severianna
Quick Stats
Night Crawler, MARS PC, DESCRIPTION, ETC
Agility d12+1, Smarts d6, Spirit d10, Strength d10, Vigor d12
Charisma: 0,-4 CS; Pace: 6; Parry: 13; Toughness: Light Armor 12 (4), Tactical Armor 14 (6) Light Armor + shield 16 (4),
2 shields 20 (4), Tactical + shield 20 (6), 2 shields 24 (6)

Hindrances: Clueless; Vow to help other slaves/captured creatures; Loyal to friends; InHuman; Curiosity, Wanted; Coalition, Quirk - touchy tail
Notice d6 (+2 that relates to traps and similar devices, +2 sight based rolls (cybernetic eyes), Common Knowledge d4-4, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d4-2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Acrobat +2 Agility rolls, Dirty Fighter +4 w/Acrobat on trick moves, Tricky Fighter no multi-action penalty for tricks, Ambidextrous, Two-Fisted, Nerves of Steel & Improved Nerves of Steel ignore 2 pts of wound penalties, Combat Reflexes +2 to Spirit rolls to recover from Shaken, Prehensile Tail that gives an additional non-movement action each round.
Adventure cards:
  • Out of the Frying Pan - Play to avoid death, capture, or some other bad situation for your hero or any ally. The situation leads to some new trouble, however, as determined by the GM.
  • We Have The Talent - you gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.

Silverclaws
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Silverclaws »

Silverclaws wolfed down the two large steaks, which he had to go and get. Baz was burchering and tending grill and Ms. Stella was not able to handle the two - 20 pound brontosuarus porter house steaks at the same time. The meat was fresh and juicy and Silver could careless that the blood was running into his fur. Licking the blood from his claws he swallowed everything down with a barrel of water, yes the rainbarrel outside the Sidewinder was now empty.

Silver was not quite sure how long it will be until he can find a bath large enough, takes a dirt bath instead rolling in the dirt and dust of Black Mesa. Getting up he heads up towards the public baths only to find that they of course have nothing big enough. So he helps the bath master Lady Ludmilla "Suds" Washington with a water pump placement on the second floor of her establishment. Then he begins hauling in water to the boiler where it begins heating. Enough water to fill the boilers is several 100 galloons of which Lady Suds estimates Silver will use about 100. Attacking a fire house to the second story roof and with Lady Suds and couple of other attendants lathers, scrubs, and lathers again. With the final rinse Silver can actually smell the clean on him.

Silver thanks Lady Suds and company and tips generously. Then heads out to locate Doc Olly Day one of the local Cyber Docs in Black Mesa.

Doc Olly Day is a D'norr from MercTown. Silver got to know the Doc on the escort mission that brought Doc to Black Mesa several years ago. Black Market occassionaly moves their assets amongst their organizations. Doc is one of those assets.

Strolling into the Black Market Clinic, Silver looks at the nurse at the desk, "Mavis, Its time for an upgrade. Is the Doc available?"

Mavis taps the cred chip reader at the side of her desk, "Silver sweety. The creds first then the Doc."

Silver nods to Mavis and flips out a cred stick and slides it past the reader. Just as the transaction is completed, the tan skinned D'norr Cyber Doc steps from the double doors. "Mister Silver. Here for that optics upgrade?" [Optics Package: +2 to sight-based Notice checks (Strain 1) - Req for Wilderness Scout Package]

Motioning through the swinging double doors, "I have your usual table reserved and waiting."
Last edited by Silverclaws on Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silverclaws
Quick Stats _
Veteran Wolfen MARS Techno-Warrior
Charisma: 0 || Pace: 8 (1d8) || Parry: 8 (9 with claws) || Toughness: 23 (6) || Size: +1 || Strain: 19/22
Wounds: None || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges:
  • Level-Headed Edge: Draw two initiative cards and take the best.
  • Danger Sense Edge: Notice roll -2 before being suprised or ambushed.
Relevant Edges:
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • JA-9 Variable Laser Rifle
  • Chain Greatsword
  • Silvered Vibro-Blade Vembraces
Adventure Cards _
  • (46) Renown: Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).
Rill
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Rill »

Kim Black wrote: Kim went back inside and stopped at Rill’s door, knocking quietly. When the mystic appeared, she held out a leather arm band. A large blue sapphire was embedded at the wrist, and it was decorated with small, plastic bejeweling gems in religious patterns.

“I hope you like it,” Kim told Rill. “I tried to get it like you wanted, but added a few minor things.” She gave a yawn. “Sorry. Been a long couple days.”

OOC Comments
Conditions:
  • Arcane Machinist (3/5)
    • 42/42 shots
    • PPE 10/10
    • 15 stored PPE
  • Lead Balloon (Barrier)
    • 6 stored PPE

Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Vibro-Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
Vehicle
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
NG Sky Siren (Sev’s)
  • Hover
  • Environmental Systems
  • Sensor Suite

Loot
Loot
    • ROF 4
    • AP 2
    • ROF 1
  • 2 Vibro-swords
  • 5 Vibro-knives
    • +6 Armor
    • +2 Toughness
    • Fan the hammer
    • Catch fire 1 in 6
  • Pow-Pow Powerfist
    • +2 Strength rolls
  • Combat Shield
    • +2 Parry
      • Str+1d6
He takes the leather bracer from Kim gingerly and looks on it with genuine awe. ”Miss Kimberly,” he says, this is truly beautiful work.” He turns it over slowly in his hands, taking in the craftsmanship and the beautiful stone.

But more than at the device, he marvels at Kim. This child has known me for only the briefest time, and yet she has risked danger teleporting to me and now has seemingly stayed up all night working on a project for me.

”How does it work, child?” he asks her. She instructs him on how to put it on, and he channels just a touch of PPE into the stone.

Faster than his eye can follow, a half-dome of brilliant blue energy bursts forth from the saffire, crackling and flashing in beautiful patterns. The shield seems enormous to Rill, large enough to cover his entire body from one side, and larger even than the polymer shield he had purchased in the market for Kim to work on. In the center of the shield, the image of a cross burned just brightly enough to be noticed against the dancing blue light around it, an artisan’s touch that immediately draws his eye.

Rill is left momentarily speechless. He had been inspired by Killian's shield to procure a smaller, more practical version for himself, but what Kim had created was beyond anything he could have pictured.

”This is beautiful,” he tells her sincerely. ”I don't know what to say, and that is a rare thing for a preacher.” He gives her a little wink to go with the joke, though it looks a little odd, thanks to his eyes sticking out of the sides of his head.

”Now,” he says, taking in her appearance, you have taken good care of me. I believe it is time to see to your needs. Did you get any sleep?” Before she can answer, Rill touches her shoulder and casts Sustain, and Kim immediately feels her fatigue, hunger, and even any worries wash away like so much dust in a rainstorm.

Unlike when Rill uses Heal Wounds, Sustain is always a pleasant experience for the recipient. To Rill, it always feels like he's just taken a hot shower when he uses the spell on himself, but it's different for everyone.

”There, that's better. Now, what did you have planned for yourself today? Surely you have something you'd like to do besides toil away on a favor for me?” He smiles affectionately at the girl, glad to have made a friend and pondering the quality of the people the Tomorrow Legion seemed to attract.
Huh
Did I just accidentally have Kim make a version of Harry Dresden's shield bracelet? Yup. Looks like.
123E927E-5311-44D7-BCDB-3446D5821718.jpeg
Character Sheet
Kim Black
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kim Black »

Notice 4 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 2 Fail
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Widow O’Brien gave a flustered smile, and a bit of color rose to her cheeks. She was a dark-haired beauty, with blue eyes, and only in her middle thirties, likely. She had the looks and figure that could have served her well in Stella’s chosen profession, though her clothing was black and conservative.

Maggie shot Jack a glare and a superior huff. She had never liked the womanizing gambler, and with her streak of protectiveness over Kim, liked him even less.

Turning her attention back to Duncan, she said, “You must come with Miss Kimberly to Sunday dinner,” she invited with a beautiful smile.

Kim was just kind of staring. Was this what she looked like whenever she was around Jack? Though, granted, Widow O’Brien seemed much more competent.

Stella rolled her eyes. “Now who’s the whore,” she muttered as she passed Maggie.

Maggie delicately stuck out a boot, nearly tripping the saloon girl.

OOC Comments
Conditions:
  • Arcane Machinist (3/6)
    • 42/42 shots
    • PPE 10/10
    • 15 stored PPE
  • Lead Balloon (Barrier)
    • 6 stored PPE

Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Vibro-Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
Vehicle
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
NG Sky Siren (Sev’s)
  • Hover
  • Environmental Systems
  • Sensor Suite

Loot
Loot
    • ROF 4
    • AP 2
    • ROF 1
  • 2 Vibro-swords
  • 5 Vibro-knives
    • +6 Armor
    • +2 Toughness
    • Fan the hammer
    • Catch fire 1 in 6
  • Pow-Pow Powerfist
    • +2 Strength rolls
  • Combat Shield
    • +2 Parry
      • Str+1d6
Character Tracking

• 42/42 shots
  • PPE 10/10
  • PPE 13/17
Hellfire Sword
  • PPE 10/10
Jammer Pistol
  • 10/10 shots
UEMC (10 charges/e-clip)
Adventure Cards

Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Hellfire Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
  • UEMC

Vehicles
  • Size 5
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Toughness 25 (14)
  • Crew 1+5
  • Handling 1
  • Hover
  • Environmental systems
  • MDC Armor
  • Sensor suite
  • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector
    • ROF 1
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Mini Rail Gun
  • Toughness 17 (8)
  • Size 2
  • Exposed Crew, Hover
  • Toughness 23 (12)
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Size 4
  • Crew 1+3
  • Remaining Mods 2
Mission Loot
5 Plasma grenades
4 Frag grenades
Kim Black
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kim Black »

Notice 7 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 1 Critical Fail
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
OOC Comments
I love Dresden! I hadn’t thought of his shield bracelet, but yeah, that’s cool! Was thinking more of the Captain America one when he lost his shield, but Dresden is great, too.
Kim beamed as Rill tested the shield. Of course, she’d tested it herself, but she always loved it when someone was satisfied with one of her pieces. “If there’s anything else you need done with it, let me know,” she told him. “And, ehm, if you don’t like the bedazzling job I did, I can change that. Or the color.” She shuffled nervously.

Kim’s weariness went away when Rill touched her, and she perked up a bit. “Well, I had planned on crashing and sleeping until Sir Keegan arrived,” Kim admitted. “But I guess now I don’t have to. Thank you.”

Kim sighed. “I suppose I shouldn’t put off trying to get some dance lessons,” she told Rill. “Widow O’Brien and Stella seem intent on pouring me into a frilly dress.” She shifted nervously. “I don’t know what I’m doing, Father,” she admitted. “Put me in front of a workbench, and I can do anything. But...dad didn’t have much knowledge or time to teach me things like dancing, and dresses were too impractical. We moved around a lot before we settled in Tolkien. And when we were there, I was mostly working in the TW weapons factories, and dad was out...hunting. I never had a mom to raise me and teach me this stuff.” Kim sighed. “I don’t know why Widow O’Brien and Stella care. Have you ever been to one of these cotillions? What am I supposed to do?”

OOC Comments
Conditions:
  • Arcane Machinist (3/6)
    • 42/42 shots
    • PPE 10/10
    • 15 stored PPE
  • Lead Balloon (Barrier)
    • 6 stored PPE

Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Vibro-Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
Vehicle
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
NG Sky Siren (Sev’s)
  • Hover
  • Environmental Systems
  • Sensor Suite

Loot
Loot
    • ROF 4
    • AP 2
    • ROF 1
  • 2 Vibro-swords
  • 5 Vibro-knives
    • +6 Armor
    • +2 Toughness
    • Fan the hammer
    • Catch fire 1 in 6
  • Pow-Pow Powerfist
    • +2 Strength rolls
  • Combat Shield
    • +2 Parry
      • Str+1d6
Character Tracking

• 42/42 shots
  • PPE 10/10
  • PPE 13/17
Hellfire Sword
  • PPE 10/10
Jammer Pistol
  • 10/10 shots
UEMC (10 charges/e-clip)
Adventure Cards

Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Hellfire Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
  • UEMC

Vehicles
  • Size 5
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Toughness 25 (14)
  • Crew 1+5
  • Handling 1
  • Hover
  • Environmental systems
  • MDC Armor
  • Sensor suite
  • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector
    • ROF 1
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Mini Rail Gun
  • Toughness 17 (8)
  • Size 2
  • Exposed Crew, Hover
  • Toughness 23 (12)
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Size 4
  • Crew 1+3
  • Remaining Mods 2
Mission Loot
5 Plasma grenades
4 Frag grenades
Orrin Truthseeker
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Orrin Truthseeker »

Orrin wakes up early on the day after their defeat of the Killians and begins conducting a battery of tests on his new skin. He first analyzes a small flake of skin to determine the alloy, and is happy to find that it is a high strength stainless steel alloy.

Good. Showers are still on the table then. People avoid me enough already.

He tests the skin's resistance to every element he can think of, from heat and cold to acid. He quickly learns that it provides and increased resistance to all of the elements except for electricity, which it is extremely susceptible to.

No surprises there.

He begins experimenting with the complex runes that he used to engrave onto high end Federation armors when he did rotations through the armory. While the engraving process is a little uncomfortable, the skin initially takes the runes fairly well. However, it takes the majority of the afternoon to complete a set of runes that would normally harden the steel in a piece of armor. However, upon further analysis, they don't provide any benefit to the strength of the skin. Puzzled, Orrin re-examines the runes, and finds that because the ruins require precise carving down to hundredths of inches, the small amount of healing his skin did while he was carving the runes prevented them from working properly.

Frustrated at wasting an afternoon, Orrin returns to trying measure and quantify the extent of his susceptibility to electricity. He hooks himself up to a power-supply and starts to vary the voltage settings while cataloguing the resulting level of pain.

He works long into the night, experimenting with both AC and DC sources, and varying frequencies of power. Eventually, he feels himself starting to doze.

"Now then, where did I put those papers," Killian says, as he slaps his palm onto the biometric sensor on a large metal desk. With a hiss, the upper half slides open, revealing several computer terminals and stacks of documents within. "Ah, here it is."

Orrin sees the pistol as Killian begins to raise it toward Kurt, the rebel ranch hand. He reaches for his own pistol at his side, knowing in the way of dreams that he was too late, but having to try anyway.

Back in reality, Orrin bolts up right, screaming "NO!", as he raises his hand as though he had a pistol and something shoots from the end of his fingers and embeds itself into the wall.

After a few seconds of disorientation, Orrin looks at his hand in amazement.

How in the world...

He raises his hand again, focusing on the same need he had to stop Killian, and more things shoot from the end of his hand into the wall in from of him. Orrin gets up to inspect the items embedded in the wall, only to find himself tied to the power supply, the settings cranked down to the very minimum output. He removes the electrodes from his skin and investigates the wall he "shot" at, and finds small balls of metal of the same variety as his skin embedded in the wall.

Surprised to find that he has this unusual ability, he turns around and tries to replicate the bullets, to no avail. After a few attempts, he searches for the variable that changed, and spots the electrodes dangling from the table he had been working at.

The power supply!

After hooking himself back up, he finds that he can establish a very crude control over the metal in skin by using the power supply as an interface to channel minute amounts of magic to his skin.

Suddenly an idea comes to him. He focuses his mind on the ruins he had been engraving earlier that day and wills his skin to take their shape. It takes a few tries to hold all of the images together and get the skin properly oriented, but when he gets it right, he can feel the skin harden perceptibly.

I need to find a way to make this portable he thinks, looking at the power supply.

The next couple days before Keegan's arrival are a whirlwind of activity. They fly by as Orrin works with techno wizards and cybernetics specialists to develop a iterations of a prototype power supply that can connect to an implant Orrin has put into his chest, giving him the ability to exert mental control over his new metallic skin.
Orrin Truthseeker
Orrin Truthseeker
Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 0/3; PPE: 15/35; Staff PPE: 10/10; Armor PPE: 10/10

Parry: 4+1
Pace: 5+2
Toughness: 16 (6)
Active Effects Staff:, Spellcasting +1, Parry +1; Armor: Spellcasting +1, Kn Arc +2;

Notable Edges: LL Rejuvination; Common Bond; Wizard; Marksman; Metal Skin; Elan; Investigator (armor)
Powers: Beast Friend; Waking Dream (Illusion); Fireball (Bolt); Chakra Surge/Syphon (Boost/Lower Trait); Nature’s Gift (Warrior’s Gift); Mystical Sight (Detect Arcana); Arcane Severance (Dispel); Shadow Guard (Deflection); Adrenaline (Quickness); Armor

Bennies: 1/3
-1 Bennie - advancing through the train
-1 Bennie to unshake after backlash
-1 Bennie gifted to Blurr through common bond
+3 from Stella
+1 Jack Joker
+1 Tito Joker
-2 try to free the kids
-1 Reroll puppet resist
-1 reroll puppet breakout

Aventure Cards:
Inspiration: Friendly characters (including yourhero) add +2 to all trait rolls for therest of this round.

Spill the Beans:
The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force.

Power Surge: Immediately recover all spent Power Points.

Update Signature
Sir Blurre
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Sir Blurre »

"Of course, Orrin; it was merely a passing thought--though one I may have again in the future, if you continue to demonstrate the sort of valor you did today." Blurre steps away, joining Rill standing next to the card table.

"Do you think we might be permitted to take the body out for burial? Miss Kim's observation of propriety is a fair one. The man is dead; let his sins be buried with him. You know the words, I believe; I can provide the labor of digging a sufficient hole."

After they return, Blurre accepts a rare beer from Stella with a grateful smile, letting it take some of the sting out of his shoulders.

And then Stella and Maggie get into it.
Stella rolled her eyes. “Now who’s the whore,” she muttered as she passed Maggie.

Maggie delicately stuck out a boot, nearly tripping the saloon girl.
Blurre is nothing if not fast. He dashes through the crowd, deftly helping Stella regain her balance. "There we go. Maggie, I do believe you may need to pay more attention where your feet are--unwatched feet can lead to all sorts of awkward places."

Accepting Stella's thanks, he heads out to the night air, taking a deep breath.
Sir Blurre
Quick Stats
Quick-Flex Cyber-Knight
Skills: Psionics d6; Fighting d12; Shooting d6; Streetwise d6+2; Intimidate d6+2; Taunt d6+2; Notice d4; Survival d4+2; Persuasion d4; Investigation d4; Common Knowledge d6-1
Shield: Parry: 11 (-2 to be hit by tech); Toughness: 14 (4) melee, 18 (8) range; +2 vs. Evil
Notice d4, Common Knowledge d6+1, Intimidation d6+2, Persuasion d4+2, Taunt d6+2
Edges: Elan, Champion, Charge/Overrun, Ambidextrous/Two-Fisted, Common Bond, Well-Traveled (+2 CK rolls for people/geography in NorthAmerica); Master Psi-Sword

Contact - Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
Arcane Inspiration - When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Inspiration - Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round.[/list]
Jack 'Bullet' Jones
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

“And I bet I would look good in one of those frilly dresses!” she said defensively. Not that she really knew how to wear one. “And maybe I’ll make you dance with me, Bullet Jones, just so I can step on your darn feet!” she said huffily.
Jack shakes his head. "Shucks, darlin'. That wasn't what ah meant. Ah'm sure you'd look just lovely floatin' like a bird on the breeze 'round a dance floor. All ah meant was that yer doin' good work here, and babies might just throw a little hitch in the giddy-up fer a bit. But if'n yer lookin' fer a dance partner, ah believe ah could learn ya the Texas Two-Step." He smiles, then cuts the Widow O'Brien short. "Yes, ma'am, that's an actual dance, and ain't got nothin' ta do with the horizontal mambo, so's yer mind can rest at ease." He turns back to his table.
It was hard ta tell which happened first - Duncan's hat leaving his head to properly greet Maggie or his eyes leaving the lady's ample bosoms to meet her own. With his usual boyish grin he finally stammers out, "Howdy ma'am. It's a pleasure to meet ya, Mrs. O'Bosom--uh,er Marga- uh, Maggie. I mean ta say, it's a pleasure ta meet ya, Maggie."

Duncan leans back and puts on an air o' mild boredom as he sits back down, eyebrows raised in the air all proud-like. "Well, I reckon she ain't used to bein' around a real man like me." Then he slowly, slyly looks over ta Jack, and belts out a good-natured laugh at his friendly jibe before checkin' his cards and resuming the poker game.
Jack's normally stone poker face breaks just a little bit. "Well, ah'll be. The kid's got jokes! Yer just about as smooth as a porcupine in reverse, there, cowboy. Ah'm sure Mrs. O'Juggies knows 'xactly where yer mind is. Come on, now. Looks like yer pair of fours ain't gonna get it this round, fella. Real nice try though." He laughs at the jab, the hand, and the new guy. "Ah sure do 'preciate the donation to the cause."
"I'd like to play some, Jack. This cards thing sounds like fun."
Jack's eyes perk up. "Well, sure thing, little lady! Here! Pull up a chair right here. See, when Montana over there scratches his neck after he bets, ya know he ain't got nothin' but bluster and beans in his hand. Sorry. That means he ain't got nothin'. My cards here, plus those cards there, make the best hand of 5. We got him crushed, so we're just gonna push this here stack of chips towards the middle, there. He knows he can't beat nothin' but a bluff, so he's gonna fold, and live ta fight another day." He continues his discussion of the basic, and some finer, points of 7 card stud, even managing to call out, with frightening accuracy, the hands of the men scattered around the table. As each one folds in turn to him, he rakes the chips. And, as if to plant a seed of chaos, he flips over 7 of clubs and 2 of hearts, making the worst hand at the table. "And that, darlin', is what's called a bluff. Means yer tryin' ta signal you got the best hand at the table when you really ain't got nothin'. But if the guys at the table think there's a monster in yer hand, they tuck tail or go all 'possum and go legs up." More than a few grumbles are voiced, but the table remains mostly civil.
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Current Status Post
  • +6 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
  • FEP
  • +2 Gambling
Weapon(s) in holster:
Adventure Cards:
  • none drawn yet
Edit Signature
Silverclaws
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Silverclaws »

There are some that say that death has a waiting room with a very narrow tunnel before arrival. Different people describe it differently but the feeling is the same for everyone. Most definitely an out of body experience.

One of the reasons Silver has continued with the upgrades is for this very experience. Some may associate Silver's feelings with home sickness, but a home is required and Silver was not certain that he still had one. Being out of his body, even briefly was exhilirating. Silver always found himself on his home planet in the pack's favorite hunting grounds tracking down the White Stag.

The White Stag is a creature of myth and legend. A monstrous deer with a set of antlers that grew every year and never feel off. Its skin was white the color of a full moon and just as eeirie. As a young cub he had been told the stories of those who had followed, tailed, and got very close to catching the White Stag. For others they were said to have followed the White Stag into the next life when they left this mortal existence.

Silver lay on the surgical table under heavy anesthesia, his occular cavities empty as nerves were being stitched to neurochemical relays which were attached to the mechanical and electrical components that sat on a table near the wolfen's nose. Doc Olly Day with a electrical conductivity meter, went with a probe, testing connections on both nerves and surgical wirings. Monitors were showing the new eye pieces focusing and running through diagnostics. One monitor showed brain relay data, which right now was minimal as the eyes had not been set to transmit information.

Silver's breathe was slow and deep and shook the tables and equipment. The attending nurse kept glancing at the doctor and then back at the "sleeping" wolfen, not quite sure it was safe to be so near such a large creature. The doctor looks up from the diagnostics, "Hello Nurse." Pausing and waiting, "Nurse Fullstack, why do you insist on being in the operating room for each of Silver's upgrades?"

Nurse Fullstack looks to the Doc, "The adrenline rush doctor. The idea that he would wake prematurely, panic, and start rampaging. Doesn't that just get your blood racing and your heart pumping." As she says this she takes a fedora from her head and wipes her forehead and puts the hat back on.

The Doc shakes his head, "Keep living your fantasies Nurse but I assure you, Mister Silver here will be quite sedated for the next twelve hours at least. So let us finsih up the surgery shall we?" Motioning back to the surgical equipment and monitors, the Doc finishes with the diagnostic checks. Satisified, the Doc attaches the last couple of transmitting wires and notices an influence of brain wave activity. "All good here. Let us put him back together."

Silver was on all fours with his back being covered by tall grasses. In the distance, twenty or thirty yards away, the White Stag was grazing. Stalking the Stag, Silver made his way to within 10 feet, a distance short enough to pounce. As he is preparing to leap, Silver hears the ground being stamped and hoofed hard.

Rising from the tall grasses, the Stag has stopped, certain that he has Silver's attention. Throwing its head in the direction Silver came from, it motions several times. Silver bewildered, turns and looks the direction he came for then back to ... the White Stag. It is gone and Silver is left by himself in the tall meadow grasses. Turning back to the direction he came, something is calling, summoning, beckoning, or searching for him. His name is called several times.

Knowing what has happened before, Silver slumps his shoulders and walks back the way he had come on his hind legs. The jouney is not long.

Silver becomes aware in pitch darkness. He can smell and hear but for now, he cannot see. Nurse Fullstack pats his paw. "Mister Silver, you just rest easy now. Surgery went well." The nurse adjusts her fedora, runs her hand up Silver's paws and stops at the embedded vembraces over top of his muscular forearms. Drawing a deep breath, she turns and walks out of recovery and leaves Silver alone, wanting to return to the hunt.

Someday, I will have the White Stag.

Silver passes off into sleep.
Rill
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Rill »

Orrin Truthseeker wrote:Orrin catches sight of Rill and tries to catch the preacher's attention. When he does, he invites the preacher to join him at his table.

"I'm a little surprised to see you amongst such a rowdy, iniquitous crowd Reverend" Orrin says smiling, hoping the preacher doesn't take offence. As if on cue the table Jack is sitting at bursts into a round of drunken laughter and not a few jovial curses.

"In all serious though, I wouldn't mind seeing you around a lot more regularly. We could really use a man with your abilities on our team. Despite my best efforts, people always seem to end up hurt. With someone like you around, a lot less people would end up like poor Kurt. The Legion employees quite a few men of the cloth, and some even eschew violence as you do. Though for a pacifist you sure pack a mean punch"

Rill gives the now metal-skinned man a smile and sits down. “It's just Brother, my friend; I'm no reverend. And as for this,” he waves his arm at the bar, “it's like the Good Book says,’They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick.’ I would find scant few people to whom to preach if I spent all my time in libraries and chapels.” He gives a little wink and sips his whiskey. “And fewer good drinks, too, I should think.”

He considers his next words carefully, so as not to offend. “When I first came to Black Mesa, Reverend Thatcher took me under his wing and trained me. You've heard of Reverend Thatcher, I trust? Anyone who's been in town for any length of time has. He was quite well known. A great healer, and a great man.” He pauses to take a sip.

“Well, Reverend Thatcher was a Methodist, and do you know how many times he asked me to join his congregation, officially?”

He gives Orrin a moment to respond and then holds up his thumb and forefinger in an “o” shape. “Never. Not even once. See, the Reverend knew that wasn't my path; my call isn't to any one denomination, but to the Faith as a whole, and to believers of every stripe. I have preached in plenty of Methodist congregations in my years, and I must confess that I find many pleasing truths in their doctrines, but I have also preached to Baptists, and Episcopalians, and Quakers, and Catholics, and every other Church under the sun. All Christians share bedrock beliefs that bind us, or that should bind us, and we all move forward with faith as best we can.”

“And those who don't explicitly believe in a particular creed or doctrine, they still have room in their hearts for God. They have hopes, fears, loves and lives, and I am here to help and serve all of them. It is my purpose.”

He looks into Orrin's eyes. “You people mean well, and you have done real good since coming here. As long as you serve the people, you can count on my assistance whenever I can give it.”

“But there are plenty here who don't know about your Legion, and plenty who believe you have less than benevolent intentions.”
He shakes his head. “You will face some hardship and persecution in changing their minds, and I'm afraid I already have a cause to which I am dedicated; I cannot preach the good of the Legion and the good of the Lord, for the enemies of the former still need the peace of the latter.”

He claps Orrin on the back, “But I will go with you on this mission, and I may tag along for a time after; I have been in town for a while and need to visit some of those who live round about. And besides, something tells me you'll need more laser holes patched up soon enough.”
Character Sheet
Rill
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Rill »

Kim Black wrote:
Notice 7 Success
Notice [dice]26487:0[/dice]
Wild [dice]26487:1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 1 Critical Fail
Smarts [dice]26487:2[/dice]
Wild [dice]26487:3[/dice]
OOC Comments
I love Dresden! I hadn’t thought of his shield bracelet, but yeah, that’s cool! Was thinking more of the Captain America one when he lost his shield, but Dresden is great, too.
Kim beamed as Rill tested the shield. Of course, she’d tested it herself, but she always loved it when someone was satisfied with one of her pieces. “If there’s anything else you need done with it, let me know,” she told him. “And, ehm, if you don’t like the bedazzling job I did, I can change that. Or the color.” She shuffled nervously.

Kim’s weariness went away when Rill touched her, and she perked up a bit. “Well, I had planned on crashing and sleeping until Sir Keegan arrived,” Kim admitted. “But I guess now I don’t have to. Thank you.”

Kim sighed. “I suppose I shouldn’t put off trying to get some dance lessons,” she told Rill. “Widow O’Brien and Stella seem intent on pouring me into a frilly dress.” She shifted nervously. “I don’t know what I’m doing, Father,” she admitted. “Put me in front of a workbench, and I can do anything. But...dad didn’t have much knowledge or time to teach me things like dancing, and dresses were too impractical. We moved around a lot before we settled in Tolkien. And when we were there, I was mostly working in the TW weapons factories, and dad was out...hunting. I never had a mom to raise me and teach me this stuff.” Kim sighed. “I don’t know why Widow O’Brien and Stella care. Have you ever been to one of these cotillions? What am I supposed to do?”

OOC Comments
Conditions:
  • Arcane Machinist (3/6)
    • 42/42 shots
    • PPE 10/10
    • 15 stored PPE
  • Lead Balloon (Barrier)
    • 6 stored PPE

Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Vibro-Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
Vehicle
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
NG Sky Siren (Sev’s)
  • Hover
  • Environmental Systems
  • Sensor Suite

Loot
Loot
    • ROF 4
    • AP 2
    • ROF 1
  • 2 Vibro-swords
  • 5 Vibro-knives
    • +6 Armor
    • +2 Toughness
    • Fan the hammer
    • Catch fire 1 in 6
  • Pow-Pow Powerfist
    • +2 Strength rolls
  • Combat Shield
    • +2 Parry
      • Str+1d6
"I'm afraid I have no idea, Miss Kimberly. My people have no such traditions. Though I trust Stella can get you up to speed quickly, so to speak." He smiles at the girl, glad for her that she has this chance to be a child in the midst of so much strife. It is one of the small blessings that, to him, show the Lord's continuous care about the lives of his children.
Character Sheet
Sir Blurre
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Sir Blurre »

In the morning, Blurre begins making rounds. At each of the houses of worship, he makes a stop, talking to them about their current charitable works, and, assuming they have something that seems worthy, he makes a donation. All told, he passes out several thousand credits to worthy causes.

Rev. James, for instance, gets some support for his war orphans program (all a cause close to Blurre's heart). Angelica Jones' fund to hire a doctor for the town gets a hefty donation, too. Slyrex the Grackletooth preacher takes a small donation to help furnish a room for newly arrived D-Bees, to give them a week or so to get oriented. Paulo Cortez receives a healthy boost for a new public well.

Another large batch of cash goes to pay for medical care for the injured survivors of the fight at the ranch, and to tide over some of the ranchhands while things get worked out.

Finally, he gets a couple names from Stella of folks who've run into hard times, and have had to borrow to get straight, and are now in danger of foreclosure. The kind of wealth you get for selling off weapons and gear is more than most folks earn in a year, so he's able to settle up several debts that were pretty much indentured servitude contracts for those stuck with them. (He doesn't completely fail to note that at least a couple of the creditors are less than happy to be paid off, having clearly decided that foreclosure would net them more in the long run. But he makes sure it's clear he would be... irked if anyone were to try to force a sale--especially so soon after the difficulties at the ranch, this is not the time for more financial shennanigans and land-grabs.)
Sir Blurre
Quick Stats
Quick-Flex Cyber-Knight

Severianna
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Severianna »

"Hey Silver, where are you going? You look excited!" She says to the large wolfen. "A cyber doc!" she exclaims. "yes, yes. I want to go to!" She blurts out before he can reply.

She sets her own appointment as soon as she can to get some upgrades of herself.

Cyber-Wired Reflexes
Bionic Strength Augmentation
Hand-to-Hand Reaction Wiring

The Doc puts his hands up quickly after Severianna explains all the different things she wants to upgrade. "Whoa there young one. You can't get them all at once! That's a lot for the body to take in a deal with. You have to give your muscles, tissue and flesh to heal and accommodate the new implants. Let's set a few appointments over the next few weeks to get it all done." he explains in a very doctorly demeanor. "No, no I can't wait! Please sir! I need the shinny new shinnies done today, very soon!" she says as she executes her signature giddy Sev bounce, her tail waiving in the air behind her.

After a bit of back and forth and after the Dr. explains the fatigue she'll feel they agree to terms and set the appointment for early the next day.
Severianna
Quick Stats
Night Crawler, MARS PC, DESCRIPTION, ETC
Agility d12+1, Smarts d6, Spirit d10, Strength d10, Vigor d12
Charisma: 0,-4 CS; Pace: 6; Parry: 13; Toughness: Light Armor 12 (4), Tactical Armor 14 (6) Light Armor + shield 16 (4),
2 shields 20 (4), Tactical + shield 20 (6), 2 shields 24 (6)

Hindrances: Clueless; Vow to help other slaves/captured creatures; Loyal to friends; InHuman; Curiosity, Wanted; Coalition, Quirk - touchy tail
Notice d6 (+2 that relates to traps and similar devices, +2 sight based rolls (cybernetic eyes), Common Knowledge d4-4, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d4-2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Acrobat +2 Agility rolls, Dirty Fighter +4 w/Acrobat on trick moves, Tricky Fighter no multi-action penalty for tricks, Ambidextrous, Two-Fisted, Nerves of Steel & Improved Nerves of Steel ignore 2 pts of wound penalties, Combat Reflexes +2 to Spirit rolls to recover from Shaken, Prehensile Tail that gives an additional non-movement action each round.
Adventure cards:
  • Out of the Frying Pan - Play to avoid death, capture, or some other bad situation for your hero or any ally. The situation leads to some new trouble, however, as determined by the GM.
  • We Have The Talent - you gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.

Return to “Adventure Archive”