Bronze Patron

Re: Day 1: "Hotter'n a hell hound's hemorrhoids"

Post by Orrin Truthseeker »

Notice 5, CK 5
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Notice [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge [dice]2[/dice]
Wild CK [dice]3[/dice]
Rill wrote: “This is Rill. I am inside, and I have eyes on the hostages. I am going to take a look at Mr. Killian now.”
Orrin releases the breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding since the preacher had disappeared out of sight into the ranch home.

Hearing his team echoing the same worries he had a few moments ago, Orrin thinks for a minute on how to best prevent Marl interrupting Killian's healing.

It would be best to try and intercept him before he reaches the ranch, just in case he comes with a 'shoot now, ask questions later' attitude.

Looking toward the northeast, where the rebels seem to be expecting trouble from, Orrin senses as much as sees the light crackle of energy from the ley line in that direction. That sparks an idea.

"How about a few of us head north east of here until we hit the Mesa Ley Line? On the line, I can fly up high enough to have an overhead view of this whole area, giving us plenty of response time to any threat that might approach the ranch from any direction."

***If the team agrees to the concept:***

"Jack, you might want to stay here. Your silver tongue seems to have worked wonders with the hands here, and you might be able to pry more useful info from them. Maybe you could talk them into letting us disable the security system in case Marl shows up and tries to activate it. I'd prefer to disable it electronically, but if they will only let us destroy the components, so be it. Other than that, we might want to leave at least one other person behind in case things take a turn for the worse here."

Orrin Relays the plan to Silver, the only other member of the coalition not present.
Last edited by Orrin Truthseeker on Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orrin Truthseeker
Orrin Truthseeker
Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 0/3; PPE: 15/35; Staff PPE: 10/10; Armor PPE: 10/10

Parry: 4+1
Pace: 5+2
Toughness: 16 (6)
Active Effects Staff:, Spellcasting +1, Parry +1; Armor: Spellcasting +1, Kn Arc +2;

Notable Edges: LL Rejuvination; Common Bond; Wizard; Marksman; Metal Skin; Elan; Investigator (armor)
Powers: Beast Friend; Waking Dream (Illusion); Fireball (Bolt); Chakra Surge/Syphon (Boost/Lower Trait); Nature’s Gift (Warrior’s Gift); Mystical Sight (Detect Arcana); Arcane Severance (Dispel); Shadow Guard (Deflection); Adrenaline (Quickness); Armor

Bennies: 1/3
-1 Bennie - advancing through the train
-1 Bennie to unshake after backlash
-1 Bennie gifted to Blurr through common bond
+3 from Stella
+1 Jack Joker
+1 Tito Joker
-2 try to free the kids
-1 Reroll puppet resist
-1 reroll puppet breakout

Aventure Cards:
Inspiration: Friendly characters (including yourhero) add +2 to all trait rolls for therest of this round.

Spill the Beans:
The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force.

Power Surge: Immediately recover all spent Power Points.

Update Signature
Jack 'Bullet' Jones
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Jack 'Bullet' Jones »

Jack nods as Kim and Orrin relay their concerns. "Darlin', that's a mighty bright thought. You know way more'n me 'bout these things. Reckon yer right." Orrin lays out his plan, and Jack rouses himself up from the post he was leaning on. He continues shuffling a deck of cards he retrieved from the horse's pack as he talks.
Persuasion
Persuasion
[dice]0[/dice]

Ace persuasion with prior result
[dice]2[/dice]

WD Persuasion
[dice]1[/dice]
"Say, fellas! It was just occurin' to us that ol' Marl might try ta ride in here, hotter'n a kicked up hornet's nest, and gum up this here good deal we got goin'. If'n it's all the same ta you, we're gonna send a few of ours out towards Black Mesa, keep an eye out. Take some of the pressure off yer shoulders. Ain't nothin' wrong with a little warnin' 'fore the twister blows in, ya know what I mean?" He glances at Kim and smiles. "To boot, our resident genius had herself a bolt of lightnin'. Y'all ain't got them codes fer the defense system, but Marl does. If'n he can turn it on remote-like, this'll go sourer than a bucket of lemons in vinegar and in an all-fired hurry. Whaddya say 'bout lettin' her cut the system off?"
Last edited by Jack 'Bullet' Jones on Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Current Status Post
Bennies: 2/3
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 5
Toughness: 14 (6)
ISP: 38 / 50
Active Powers: Greater Boost Trait - Shooting (+2 die types); Greater Smite (PHC, silver, raise); Greater Deflection (raise, -6 to hit)
Pace: 6
Pertinent Edges: Master Psionic, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Strong Willed, Ambidextrous, Two Fisted, Quick, Elan
Armor: TW Lucky Devil's Duster
  • +6 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
  • FEP
  • +2 Gambling
  • Armor, Quickness, Invisibility powers
Weapon(s) in holster:
Right hand: PHC
Left hand: Hellfire Hand Cannon
Telekinesis: inactive
Adventure Cards:
  • none drawn yet
Edit Signature
Silverclaws
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Silverclaws »

Notice 3 or 5 w scent success, CK 5 success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]

Wild CK [dice]3[/dice]
Silver is pretty certain he can find the cattle and the holding pens for the raptors.

Over the comms, "We should probably move the dead even if they are on the burn pile. The smell of carrion draws vultures and buzzards pretty fast. We could use the bodies as a warning sign say maybe a mile or so from the ranch. Get me something I can drag them out on, I will relocate and position them."

"Jack, see if there are any other vantage points, other than the buildings on the ranch. With some blankets and tarps we could post lookouts on the roofs of the buildings."

Before he leaves towards the cattle and the pens another thought occurs to him as the droid rocks in his back bump against his back, "We could always use the droid salvage as booby traps."

Silver saunters off after the last transmission and heads in the direction of the cattle where he is downwind. Thinking that after securing the raptors that he could move the herd to the northeast sector as another early warning.
Silverclaws
Quick Stats _
Veteran Wolfen MARS Techno-Warrior
Charisma: 0 || Pace: 8 (1d8) || Parry: 8 (9 with claws) || Toughness: 23 (6) || Size: +1 || Strain: 19/22
Wounds: None || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges:
  • Level-Headed Edge: Draw two initiative cards and take the best.
  • Danger Sense Edge: Notice roll -2 before being suprised or ambushed.
Relevant Edges:
Bennies: 4/4
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • JA-9 Variable Laser Rifle
  • Chain Greatsword
  • Silvered Vibro-Blade Vembraces
Adventure Cards _
  • (46) Renown: Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).
Sir Blurre
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Sir Blurre »

Blurre nods as Orrin lays out his plan. "Do you want me on the recon or fallback team, sir? I'm perfectly fine with either one."
Sir Blurre
Quick Stats
Quick-Flex Cyber-Knight
Agility d10, Smarts d6-1, Spirit d12+1 (+3), Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Psionics d6; Fighting d12; Shooting d6; Streetwise d6+2; Intimidate d6+2; Taunt d6+2; Notice d4; Survival d4+2; Persuasion d4; Investigation d4; Common Knowledge d6-1
Charisma: +2; Pace: 14/d12+1;
Shield: Parry: 11 (-2 to be hit by tech); Toughness: 14 (4) melee, 18 (8) range; +2 vs. Evil
No Shield: Parry: 9 (-2 to be hit by tech); Toughness: 14 (4); +2 vs. Evil
Hindrances: Overconfident, Vow, Code of Honor, All Thumbs, Poverty
Notice d4, Common Knowledge d6+1, Intimidation d6+2, Persuasion d4+2, Taunt d6+2
Edges: Elan, Champion, Charge/Overrun, Ambidextrous/Two-Fisted, Common Bond, Well-Traveled (+2 CK rolls for people/geography in NorthAmerica); Master Psi-Sword
Powers: Speed, Deflection, Quickness, Wall-Walker

Bennies: 4/5
ISP: 19/20 (To recharge, must let armor go uncharged for an hour)

[list]Q2/19 Adventure cards:
Contact - Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
Arcane Inspiration - When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Inspiration - Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round.[/list]
Kim Black
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kim Black »

Notice 7 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 5 Success
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Kim considered Silver’s words a bit. “I suppose I could rig up an IED,” she mused. “This a farm, right? So they should have some farming chemicals, and I could rig up a couple techno-wizard devices. And if you’re going to the ley line, my backpack could use a recharge.”

Conditions:
  • Backpack of Shooting Stars PPE 8/20
Vehicle
Desert Fox Hovercycle (stats of NG-150): Combining solar cells and a powerful electric engine, the Desert Fox has a range of 600 miles and a max ceiling of 20 feet, before it needs a night’s recharge. (153,000 credits)
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Notes: Exposed Crew, Handling 3, Hover
  • Cargo
    • 5 L-20 Pulse rifles modified to tap into onboard power supply, but still accept e-clips
      • Damage: 3d6+1
      • Range: 25/50/100
      • ROF 4
      • AP 2
      • Shots: 40
      • Weight: 7
    • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector with full clip and spare clip
      • Damage: 3d10
      • Range: 24/48/96
      • ROF 1
      • Shots: 12 + spare clip 12
      • Weight: 20
Character Tracking
Kim Black Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (7)
PPE: 14/20
Arcane Machinist (5/6): armor, barrier, blast, blind, bolt, boost/lower Trait, burrow, burst, clairvoyance, confusion, damage field, darksight, deflection, detect/conceal arcana, dispel, drain Power Points, entangle, environmental protection, farsight, fly, havoc, healing, intangibility, invisibility, light/obscure, pummel, quickness, slumber, smite, speak language, speed, stun, succor, telekinesis, teleport, wall walker, warrior’s gift.
Ace: May make Soak rolls for vehicles at -2

Backpack of Shooting Stars
  • 42/42 shots
  • PPE 10/10
Device: Boost Trait (Shooting)
  • PPE 13/17
Hellfire Sword
  • PPE 10/10
Jammer Pistol
  • 10/10 shots
UEMC (10 charges/e-clip)
Adventure Cards
  • Theme Song: It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words.
  • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un-Shaken now as well.
  • Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.

Equipment
This should be about at her load limit of 30 lb.
  • Backpack of Shooting Stars
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Hellfire Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
  • Multitool: +1 Repair
  • UEMC

Vehicles
Northern Gun Sky Siren (Mountaineer w/ hover)(TW)
Ostensibly designed as a civilian vehicle, the NG Sky Siren is a rugged, but agile, hover transport with plenty of room for combat upgrades. The nuclear engine provides near limitless range, while the powerful hoverjets give it a max altitude of about 20 feet, although it is capable of handling drops of up to 100 feet.
  • Light Missile Launcher (turret)
    • Damage: 5d6 MBT MD AP 13 (anti-vehicle missiles)
    • Range: 150/300/600
    • Shots: 8
      • 1 reload of 8 shots (anti-vehicle)
    • Reload: 3000/missile/total=24k credits
  • Light Rail Gun (forward mounted)
    • Damage: 2d10+4, ROF 3, AP 10
    • Range: 100/200/400
    • Shots: 45
    • Reload: 10,000 credits
  • Size 5
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Toughness 25 (14)
  • Crew 1+5
  • Remaining Mods: 1
  • Handling 1
  • Hover
  • Environmental systems
  • MDC Armor
  • Sensor suite
  • TW Minor Mods: +2 Piloting
  • TW Major Mods: +4 die types to Piloting
  • Cantrip: Purple flame light on the front grill
Desert Fox Hovercycle (stats of NG-150): Combining solar cells and a powerful electric engine, the Desert Fox has a range of 600 miles and a max ceiling of 20 feet, before it needs a night’s recharge. (153,000 credits)
  • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector
    • ROF 1
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
Police Hovercycle (Speedster hovercycle)
  • Mini Rail Gun
    • Damage: 2d8+4, ROF 4, AP6
    • Range: 75/150/300
    • Shots: 32
  • Toughness 17 (8)
  • ACC/TS: 15/80
  • Size 2
  • Crew: 1
  • Exposed Crew, Hover
Big Boss ATV (space girl has it currently)
  • Toughness 23 (12)
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Size 4
  • Crew 1+3
  • Remaining Mods 2
  • Notes: All-Terrain, M.D.C. Armor
Mission Loot
494,000 credits in salvage/misc gear and cyberwear
A pair of pearl-handled TX-26 Particle Beam Pistols previously owned by Dutch (Range 10/20/40, Damage 2d8+3, RoF 1, AP 2, Semiauto)
A pair of Infernal Sixguns made of smoking black iron, previously "owned" by Hex (Range 10/20/40, Damage 1-3d8, RoF 1, AP 4, +2d Shooting, gain Vow: Serve the Devil).
A TW shard pistol (Range 15/30/60, Damage 2d8+1, RoF 3, AP 1, 3RB, lower trait (Vigor) activated by Shooting)
A vehicular Light Rail Gun salvaged from Oso's otherwise-scrapped power armor (Range 100/200/400, Damage 2d10+4, RoF 3, AP 10, Mega Damage)
Bandit IP-44 Super Ion Pistols (as NG-59, Range 10/20/40, Damage 1-3d6, RoF 1, plus single-shot grenade launcher loaded with plasma, Range 12/24/48, Damage 3d10, ignores all but sealed armor, SBT), ammo belt includes 6 spare plasma grenades
5 Plasma grenades
4 High Explosive grenades
4 Armor Piercing grenades
4 Frag grenades
Orrin Truthseeker
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Sir Blurre wrote:Blurre nods as Orrin lays out his plan. "Do you want me on the recon or fallback team, sir? I'm perfectly fine with either one."
"You should probably join us on the recon team. If we run into Marl, you've probably got the best chance of talking him down"
Orrin Truthseeker
Orrin Truthseeker

Active Effects Staff:, Spellcasting +1, Parry +1; Armor: Spellcasting +1, Kn Arc +2;

Notable Edges: LL Rejuvination; Common Bond; Wizard; Marksman; Metal Skin; Elan; Investigator (armor)
Powers: Beast Friend; Waking Dream (Illusion); Fireball (Bolt); Chakra Surge/Syphon (Boost/Lower Trait); Nature’s Gift (Warrior’s Gift); Mystical Sight (Detect Arcana); Arcane Severance (Dispel); Shadow Guard (Deflection); Adrenaline (Quickness); Armor

+3 from Stella
+1 Jack Joker
+1 Tito Joker
-2 try to free the kids
-1 Reroll puppet resist

Aventure Cards:
Inspiration: Friendly characters (including yourhero) add +2 to all trait rolls for therest of this round.

Spill the Beans:
The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force.

Update Signature
Sir Blurre
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Sir Blurre »

He nods in affirmation and gets back in the truck, taking a deep breath and focusing himself while he waits.
Sir Blurre
Quick Stats
Quick-Flex Cyber-Knight
Skills: Psionics d6; Fighting d12; Shooting d6; Streetwise d6+2; Intimidate d6+2; Taunt d6+2; Notice d4; Survival d4+2; Persuasion d4; Investigation d4; Common Knowledge d6-1
Shield: Parry: 11 (-2 to be hit by tech); Toughness: 14 (4) melee, 18 (8) range; +2 vs. Evil
Notice d4, Common Knowledge d6+1, Intimidation d6+2, Persuasion d4+2, Taunt d6+2
Edges: Elan, Champion, Charge/Overrun, Ambidextrous/Two-Fisted, Common Bond, Well-Traveled (+2 CK rolls for people/geography in NorthAmerica); Master Psi-Sword

Contact - Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
Arcane Inspiration - When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Inspiration - Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round.[/list]
Severianna
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Severianna »

Notice 5,7,7 CK 3
Notice [dice]0[/dice] +2 for sight based rolls (cybernetic eyes) & +2 for rolls that relate to traps and similar devices (Larceny)
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

Common Knowledge [dice]2[/dice] -2 for Clueless Hindrance.
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]

OOC: I seem to always roll a 5 on my notice, like just about every time.
Sev continues to keep watch of the situation as it develops while sitting on the hovercycle. She notices what everyone else seems to also realize regarding the Borgs interest in the direction of Black Mesa. She trains her cybernetic eyes in that direction and sees what she can find.

Looking at Orrin, "If Kim is gonna stay here, I can stay with her to keep her company." She takes a pause, and finishes, "Jack sure does talk nice, but I'm not sure about him yet." Wait, did I say that out loud, or did I think it? I think I said that out loud. Oopps.
Severianna
Quick Stats
Night Crawler, MARS PC, DESCRIPTION, ETC
Agility d12+1, Smarts d6, Spirit d10, Strength d10, Vigor d12
Charisma: 0,-4 CS; Pace: 6; Parry: 13; Toughness: Light Armor 12 (4), Tactical Armor 14 (6) Light Armor + shield 16 (4),
2 shields 20 (4), Tactical + shield 20 (6), 2 shields 24 (6)

Hindrances: Clueless; Vow to help other slaves/captured creatures; Loyal to friends; InHuman; Curiosity, Wanted; Coalition, Quirk - touchy tail
Notice d6 (+2 that relates to traps and similar devices, +2 sight based rolls (cybernetic eyes), Common Knowledge d4-4, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d4-2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Acrobat +2 Agility rolls, Dirty Fighter +4 w/Acrobat on trick moves, Tricky Fighter no multi-action penalty for tricks, Ambidextrous, Two-Fisted, Nerves of Steel & Improved Nerves of Steel ignore 2 pts of wound penalties, Combat Reflexes +2 to Spirit rolls to recover from Shaken, Prehensile Tail that gives an additional non-movement action each round.
Adventure cards:
  • Out of the Frying Pan - Play to avoid death, capture, or some other bad situation for your hero or any ally. The situation leads to some new trouble, however, as determined by the GM.
  • We Have The Talent - you gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.

Jack 'Bullet' Jones
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Jack finds himself in the middle of a lesson on poker with one of the ranch hands who's wandered out to the leaning post. As he begins a discussion on what constitutes a flush, he hears Severianna's external thought process. He turns and smiles at her. "Aw, that's alright, little lady. Ah'm as harmless as a toothless rattlesnake. My momma raised a gentleman. That reminds me..." He walks slowly back to his pistols and picks them up. He checks the safeties and deposits them back in his holsters with little fanfare. He shouts to the porch. "Ain't fer y'all, fellas. Best ta run heeled if ol' Marl comes in ta splash the pot." Turning back to the ranch hand, he continues. "Same as the others, the ace is high, 'cept when yer straight is low. The second card only matters if'n there's a tie at the top. My ace two beats yer king queen, even though yer queen's better'n my two. Savvy?" The ranch hand, initially nervous at Jack having reclaimed his armament, relaxes again and nods as the hand progressions are explained.

Out of the corner of his eye and under the brim of his hat, Jack gives Severianna a once-over. And momma always yelled at me when I didn't listen. His glance moved, imperceptibly, to Kim. Not where ya eat, Jack. Least, not yet. 'course, you might have to teach her a few things...focus, dummy.

"Ah got a special place fer the queen of hearts, too. Ah don't mind if she's above the Jack of Spades, right, fella?" He jovially slaps the ranch hand on the shoulder and lets out a belly laugh. The hand chuckles and continues listening.
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Current Status Post
Active Powers: Greater Boost Trait - Shooting (+2 die types); Greater Smite (PHC, silver, raise); Greater Deflection (raise, -6 to hit)
Pertinent Edges: Master Psionic, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Strong Willed, Ambidextrous, Two Fisted, Quick, Elan
  • +6 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
  • FEP
  • +2 Gambling
Weapon(s) in holster:
Adventure Cards:
  • none drawn yet
Edit Signature
Orrin Truthseeker
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Notice 4
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild notice [dice]1[/dice]
Orrin watches longingly on as Jones easy going manner soothes the ranch hand who had come out of the house to take up Jones' offer of a game of cards. What he wouldn't do to have the way with people that Jones had. Of course, you had to be careful around Jones. That charisma made it all too easy to lose your head, and purse, while playing a couple hands with him. Hopefully he knew better than to take any of the hands for any real money. The last thing they needed was tempers flaring over Jack's unique interpretation of poker rules.

Satisfied that the situation at the ranch is at least stable, Orrin calls out to Kim. "Kim, if you are going to stick around to try and rig some defences..." he pauses a second and shoots a glance over her should at Jones. A slightly downcast tone enters his voice "...or whatever... Why don't you let me take your backpack to recharge on the Ley line?"
Orrin Truthseeker
Orrin Truthseeker

+3 from Stella
+1 Jack Joker
+1 Tito Joker
-2 try to free the kids
-1 Reroll puppet resist

Aventure Cards:

Spill the Beans:

Update Signature
Severianna
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Severianna »

Severianna looks for the highest point around she can get to. "I could get to a tower or some high point. My Cyber eyes can see things I couldn't see before (thermal images and night vision, as well as magnify 50x)". Looking at Jack, "I could maybe spot something coming quicker than most. Tell the Metal guy over there I might hover up a bit and do some circles around the place if we don't want to be surprised. If he's okay, then I can do that. Don't feel like gettin shot at just yet."
Severianna
Quick Stats
Charisma: 0,-4 CS; Pace: 6; Parry: 13; Toughness: Light Armor 12 (4), Tactical Armor 14 (6) Light Armor + shield 16 (4),

Hindrances: Clueless; Vow to help other slaves/captured creatures; Loyal to friends; InHuman; Curiosity, Wanted; Coalition, Quirk - touchy tail
Notice d6 (+2 that relates to traps and similar devices, +2 sight based rolls (cybernetic eyes), Common Knowledge d4-4, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d4-2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Acrobat +2 Agility rolls, Dirty Fighter +4 w/Acrobat on trick moves, Tricky Fighter no multi-action penalty for tricks, Ambidextrous, Two-Fisted, Nerves of Steel & Improved Nerves of Steel ignore 2 pts of wound penalties, Combat Reflexes +2 to Spirit rolls to recover from Shaken, Prehensile Tail that gives an additional non-movement action each round.
Adventure cards:
  • Out of the Frying Pan - Play to avoid death, capture, or some other bad situation for your hero or any ally. The situation leads to some new trouble, however, as determined by the GM.
  • We Have The Talent - you gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.

Jack 'Bullet' Jones
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Jack nods at Severianna. "Sure thing, little lady. Hang on, there, Pete." He sets the cards down on the post and turns towards the porch again. He prepares to call out, then stops short. "Pete, what'd ya say the big guy's name is? Slade? Right. And the fella with the grenade launcher? Hadley? That's right. Plumb fergot. Much obliged." He calls out to the porch. "Hey, Slade! We got a bike rider with fancier moves than a naked rodeo clown. Y'all mind if she does some laps over the house ta keep a lookout fer Marl? Gives us a better spot fer a pair of eyes."

Assuming compliance, he gives Sev the nod. "Yer all clear, little lady. Up and away!" He turns back to Pete, who has begun to get the hang of poker, and looks quite at ease, dragging on a cigarette and laughing at Jack's jokes. "Pete, ah ever tell ya the one 'bout the three cowboys? One from Coloradah, one from Missouri, one from Lone Star? Three cowboys were out ridin' the trails, movin' a herd north. They stopped fer the night and got ta tellin' tall tales 'bout how tough they were..." He proceeds to tell a slightly off color joke about their boasts of toughness, with the cowboy from Lone Star easily taking the prize. The punch line elicits a riotous round of laughter between the two men. "Ya like that one, eh? Heh. One of my favorites, bein' from Lone Star. All true, too." Another laugh. "How long ya been workin' the ranch here? You know them turkeys Wago and Raqqa? Shame they went about this whole thing all wrong. Might could'a been different. Say, this whole thing blows over and yer feelin' like tryin' a game, if ah'm in town, ah'm probably at the Sidewinder. First one's on me." They continue jabbering back and forth, with Jack occasionally dropping a question about the ranch house and the people still there defending it.
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Current Status Post
  • +6 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
  • FEP
  • +2 Gambling
Weapon(s) in holster:
Adventure Cards:
  • none drawn yet
Edit Signature
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

With Rill apparently safe inside the ranch and tensions eased for the moment, Orrin, Jasco and Blurre set off east toward the ley line to keep watch there. Silver, meanwhile, wades into a herd of cattle and starts moving them northeast, using the beasts as a screen that might prove useful should Marl and his goons come calling.

Jack continues buttering up the hostage-takers while Sev begins flying lazy circles around the ranch, keeping an out for movement on the horizon. Kim, meanwhile, begins taking apart the closest turret -- and quickly sighs in frustration. Whoever designed the system was either devilishly clever or incredibly paranoid. Redundant power lines and control cables have been laid to each turret, which each have at least one backup battery. That means she'll have to disable each one manually; on the upside, the backups mean she should be able to cut all contact to the main house, then reprogram the turrets and use them against Marl on backup power. With another sigh, she gets to work, thankful that her armor, when charged, has a cooling feature to ward off the worst of the sun.

Inside, Rill sweats as he gets to work on Old Man Killian. His faith-healing doesn't require the precision of a surgeon, but the sheer number of tumors riddling the patriarch's body will require considerable effort and resolve to overcome. The chance to avoid a showdown with the rebellious ranch hands and not risk harm to the innocent hostages makes it well worth it, however, so the priest rolls up his sleeves and gets to work.

Hours later, the last of the cancer has been eradicated, and the cumulative damage done by the invading cells has been reversed. Rondo looks 20 years younger, his flesh pink and vital, his muscled body restored. He opens his eyes, which are clear and alert, and smiles.

"Well, I'll be damned," he says, sitting up in his bed and flexing a hand that not long before had been curled into an arthritic claw. "If I'da known you preachin' types could manage something like this, I'da paid more attention when they was passing 'round the off'rin plate."

Still marveling at his newfound health, he takes in the armed and nervous ranch hands standing guard, and the children and women corralled in the corner of the room.

"Now, what exactly is goin' on here? Where's Marl? And can someone explain why exactly it looks like my kin and I are prisoners in our own home?" he says.

One of the younger boys pipes up before anyone has a chance to speak.

"They wanted daddy to sell the farm and he said 'no,' grandpa. They said you owed a bunch of money to someone named Black Markus, and if we didn't sell they'd use their guns and make us."

Rondo's eyes narrow, anger flashing across his brow, but he calms himself and sighs.

"So, the Market's come to collect. Well, I suppose it was only a matter of time. And me being laid up, I don't reckon Marl was inclined to pay up. He's a stubborn one."

He rises, unsteady at first but smiling as his restored legs take his weight easily.

"I reckon there's only one thing to do. If you'll let me into my office, I've got some papers in my desk that ought to set things right."

Waving off any assistance, Rondo walks confidently from the room, daring the rebellious ranch hands to stop him. Most won't even meet his gaze as he makes his way to an adjoining office, with Rill and one reluctant guard following along.

"Now then, where did I put those papers," he says, as he slaps his palm onto the biometric sensor on a large metal desk. With a hiss, the upper half slides open, revealing several computer terminals and stacks of documents within. "Ah, here it is."

There's a flash of pulsating light and the stink of ozone as the guard collapses backwards, the left side of his head vaporized by an ion blast. As Rill's vision clears, he sees Rondo Killian with a heavy ion pistol in one fist, which swings slowly toward the priest. Rondo's other hand taps a command into the closest computer terminal, and immediately a low, electronic klaxon begins to sound.

The mask of friendliness melts from his face in a flash, and his lips twist into a snarl of rage.

"YOU THINK YOU CAN TAKE MY GODDAMN LAND? I'M RONDO GODDAMN KILLIAN! I BUILT THIS PLACE! I FOUND THE GHOSTS, COLLECTED THEIR WISDOM! I'M SURE MY SON IS WITH THEM NOW, HARNESSING THE HELLFIRE TO BURN YOU TO THE GROUND!"

Those listening in to Rill's transmission miss the visual expression of Rondo's rage, but witness an equally terrible sight, as the remaining perimeter defenses activate and begin firing!

Time for another Quick Combat/Dramatic Task!
There are a few complications this time, depending on where each character is when the shooting starts, so read carefully:
  • Rill: Rondo's got the drop on you, so your roll is at -4.
  • Kim: Can make two rolls, without penalty. The first should be a Techno-Wizardry roll, which will determine what proportion of the defense system was disabled (or better yet, repurposed) before Rondo activates it. The second roll will represent Kim's efforts once the shooting starts.
  • Jack and Severianna: Both roll once without penalty, since the rebel ranchers are friendly enough at this point to shoot at turrets first.
  • Silver, Orrin, Blurre: You're far enough away that any roll you make to help at the ranch is at a -4 penalty. (If you want to go that route, feel free to narrate that you had wandered back closer, etc., to help it make sense). Alternatively, you can forego making a roll to help at the ranch and instead give me a Notice roll to see if you spot something interesting while on sentry duty ... If you do, post your roll here or on Hangouts and I'll PM you some details. Also, no risk of wounds/ammo or PP expenditure if you opt to make the Notice roll.

• As before, each character makes one roll, using a Skill or Trait of your choice, to represent your efforts in the combat. This is probably a combat-related or spellcasting skill, but feel free to be creative. Roll your Wild Die, as well, and apply any applicable modifiers that make sense, for darkness, distance, Fatigue you've taken, etc.
  • There is no initiative order, just make your post and use your roll to narrate how well you do. Try to leave something for everyone to do.
  • Every raise you get on your roll counts as an additional success.
  • A critical failure means you have received 1d3 wounds, and were not able to help the group succeed. Perhaps though, your defeat was epic.
  • On a failure, you received 1 wound. You might have had some impact but you also were wounded in the process. You use up 3d6 power points spent or charges from your weapon, as appropriate.
  • Success, you did a good job, maybe not a legendary victory, but you did what was required to save the day. You spent 2d6 ammo or power points.
  • Success with raise, your contribution is legendary. You spent 1d6 ammo or power points.
  • As a group, you need eight (8) successes to neutralize Marl and the defense system (Kim's successes/raises from her initial TW roll count toward this total).
GM Bennies: 7/7
Rill
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Rill »

Fighting 8, Success With a Raise
Fighting [dice]1[/dice]
Fighting Wild: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Ace!: [dice]2[/dice]
Modifiers: -1 (Fatigue) -2 (Situational, edited from -4 by GM to reflect Danger Sense Edge)
Character Sheet
Silverclaws
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Silverclaws »

Notice 5 or 7 for smell or sound, success, CK 6, success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]

Wild CK [dice]3[/dice]
After moving the herd a half mile northeast of the farm, Silver moves downwind twenty or thirty feet. Pulling the tent from his pack, he proceeds to make a cover for his JA-9 Laser Rifle so that he can keep the weapon cool. He also sets it up hide the weapon and avoid glare from the sun on the rifle and the scope. Having not set up the tent to its full height and only used a few of the poles, he lashes three of them together and makes a make shift tripod to rest the barrel end of the weapon on.
Survival Check 5, success
Survival [dice]4[/dice]
Wild Survival [dice]5[/dice]
With his blind set up, Silver periodically checks the scope and scans north and south of the Mesa in a patient sweeping motion. He verifies significant terrain features and keeps track of shadows and movement.

When he hears the discourse at the ranch house he says over comms, "Whatever gods there are protect the healer."

"On point and surveying the access routes from the Mesa. Nothing yet."
Last edited by Silverclaws on Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silverclaws
Quick Stats _
Charisma: 0 || Pace: 8 (1d8) || Parry: 8 (9 with claws) || Toughness: 23 (6) || Size: +1 || Strain: 19/22
Combat Edges:
Relevant Edges:
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • Chain Greatsword
Adventure Cards _
  • (46) Renown: Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).
Jack 'Bullet' Jones
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Psionics
Psionics
[dice]0[/dice]

WD Psionics
[dice]1[/dice]

Psionics expenditure
[dice]2[/dice]
Jack hears the alarms and instantly reacts. "Down!" He grabs Pete by the coat and pulls him to the earth just as one of the turrets fires a blast in his direction.

"Looks like ol' Rondo's got a burr in his saddle, danged old coot! Not even a blasted 'thankee,' rotten cuss! Crooked as a dog's hind leg til his dyin' day!" Taking quick stock of the situation, Jack's form takes on an ectoplasmic blur, giving the sentry turrets a difficult time of hitting him. He stands up, covering Pete, and drawing both pistols. Reaching out with his mind, his rifle flies out of the scabbard mounted on Comet and begins firing simultaneously with the double pistol havoc. Pete manages to pop up to his knees and begins taking a few measured shots at the active turrets. "Nice shootin', Pete!" Several active turrets are reduced to smoking scrap between the two men.

Jack hits the radio. "Orrin, looks like ol' Rondo didn't like the idea of bein' crawfished by his own men. Ah reckon y'all better expect Marl ta come ridin' in, knowin' our luck."
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Current Status Post
  • +6 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
  • FEP
  • +2 Gambling
Weapon(s) in holster:
Adventure Cards:
  • none drawn yet
Edit Signature
Orrin Truthseeker
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Notice 8
Chakra Deluge (Mega Boost trait) Spellcasting for notice: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Spellcasting: [dice]1[/dice]
Boosted Notice Roll [dice]2[/dice]
wild notice: [dice]3[/dice]
Orrin Truthseeker
Orrin Truthseeker

+3 from Stella
+1 Jack Joker
+1 Tito Joker
-2 try to free the kids
-1 Reroll puppet resist

Aventure Cards:

Spill the Beans:

Update Signature
Kim Black
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kim Black »

Notice 7 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 3 Fail
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Kimberly looked over at Orrin as he offered to take her backpack to charge. She worried on her lower lip for a moment.

“Um...now thinking about it, I might not need it,” Kim told Orrin. “If we keep things quiet here, it will recharge on its own, and I would hate to be caught without it if Marl shows up.” And she was a bit possessive of it. “Thanks, though. I’ll get to work and see what I can do around here.” They had hours to kill. She might as well tinker.

Kim passed Jack and caught him looking at her. She flushed, and blushed further when he was telling off-color jokes with the ranch hand. She settled into the nearest turret and several hours of frustrating, tedious work -- though, to be honest, she didn’t find it all that tedious. Whoever set the system up was rather good, and she found it a challenge to outdo him or her.

And she did pretty damn well, if she said so herself!

Kim was still working, though, when she heard Rondo Killian yelling and the blast of a weapon.

“RILL!” Kim yelled over comms. Was he okay? Did it matter? He was in there alone, with no backup!

Quickly grabbing parts from her belt, she cobbled together a quick device. It was shoddy, hurried work, inelegant and not at all blinged out like she liked, but it would work -- once, to get her inside. She had seen enough of the layout from her walk around to know where the office was.

Kim slapped a couple leads onto her chest and pressed the button.

Nothing happened.

She mashed the button hard.

Nothing.

“Gosh darn it!” Kim snarled, throwing the controller onto the ground. She slammed her foot down hard on it several times.

FWUMP! BLINK!

Kim was gone!

Kim staggered out of the teleport and into the office. She yanked an ivory rod tipped with a white diamond from her belt and thrust it out. A blast of cold slammed into Rondo. Frost and ice coated the newly recovered man, encasing him in ice, causing the floor to ice over.

“Rill! Are you alright?” Kim asked, catching herself on the corner of the desk before she face planted herself, much as Rondo was doing now as he toppled over in his icy prison.

Conditions:
  • Backpack of Shooting Stars PPE 20/20
Vehicle
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Cargo
    • 5 L-20 Pulse rifles modified to tap into onboard power supply, but still accept e-clips
      • ROF 4
      • AP 2
      • ROF 1
Defense system work around 12 2 Raises
Techno-Wizardry [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Extra Effort[dice]6[/dice]
Quick Combat Blizzard Blaster 25 5 Raises
Techno-Wizardry [dice]7[/dice]
Wild [dice]8[/dice]
Ace [dice]9[/dice]
Ace [dice]10[/dice]
Ace [dice]11[/dice]
Rondo is fully restrained and his movement is on Difficult Ground. Str or Agi to break free.
Power Points [dice]12[/dice]
Last edited by Kim Black on Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Character Tracking
Arcane Machinist (5/6): armor, barrier, blast, blind, bolt, boost/lower Trait, burrow, burst, clairvoyance, confusion, damage field, darksight, deflection, detect/conceal arcana, dispel, drain Power Points, entangle, environmental protection, farsight, fly, havoc, healing, intangibility, invisibility, light/obscure, pummel, quickness, slumber, smite, speak language, speed, stun, succor, telekinesis, teleport, wall walker, warrior’s gift.

• 42/42 shots
  • PPE 10/10
  • PPE 13/17
Hellfire Sword
  • PPE 10/10
Jammer Pistol
  • 10/10 shots
UEMC (10 charges/e-clip)
Adventure Cards
  • Theme Song: It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words.
  • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un-Shaken now as well.
  • Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.

Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Hellfire Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
  • UEMC

Vehicles
Ostensibly designed as a civilian vehicle, the NG Sky Siren is a rugged, but agile, hover transport with plenty of room for combat upgrades. The nuclear engine provides near limitless range, while the powerful hoverjets give it a max altitude of about 20 feet, although it is capable of handling drops of up to 100 feet.
  • Size 5
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Toughness 25 (14)
  • Crew 1+5
  • Handling 1
  • Hover
  • Environmental systems
  • MDC Armor
  • Sensor suite
  • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector
    • ROF 1
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Mini Rail Gun
  • Toughness 17 (8)
  • Size 2
  • Exposed Crew, Hover
  • Toughness 23 (12)
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Size 4
  • Crew 1+3
  • Remaining Mods 2
Mission Loot
A pair of pearl-handled TX-26 Particle Beam Pistols previously owned by Dutch (Range 10/20/40, Damage 2d8+3, RoF 1, AP 2, Semiauto)
A pair of Infernal Sixguns made of smoking black iron, previously "owned" by Hex (Range 10/20/40, Damage 1-3d8, RoF 1, AP 4, +2d Shooting, gain Vow: Serve the Devil).
A TW shard pistol (Range 15/30/60, Damage 2d8+1, RoF 3, AP 1, 3RB, lower trait (Vigor) activated by Shooting)
A vehicular Light Rail Gun salvaged from Oso's otherwise-scrapped power armor (Range 100/200/400, Damage 2d10+4, RoF 3, AP 10, Mega Damage)
Bandit IP-44 Super Ion Pistols (as NG-59, Range 10/20/40, Damage 1-3d6, RoF 1, plus single-shot grenade launcher loaded with plasma, Range 12/24/48, Damage 3d10, ignores all but sealed armor, SBT), ammo belt includes 6 spare plasma grenades
5 Plasma grenades
4 Frag grenades
Rill
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Rill »

Notice 6, CK 4
Notice: [dice]0[/dice]
Notice Wild: [dice]1[/dice]
Notice Modifiers: +2 (Awareness) +2 (sight)

CK: [dice]2[/dice]
CK Wild: [dice]3[/dice]
CK Modifiers: +2 (HJ)
Continuation of Post, Fighting 8
This is a continuation of Rill’s post above wherein all I did was roll; instead of updating that post, I’m dropping it here in line so it makes sense chronologically with Kim’s appearance, but it’s really all one and the same post.
“No!” Rill calls out as Rondo fires the pistol at the guard, but he's already too late.

Before Killian can point the weapon at Rill, Rill crosses the distance between them in two quick steps. Murderer! his thoughts scream, but he remains outwardly calm, exhaling purposefully in a basso ”Huah!” while bringing his staff down hard on Rondo’s gun hand. The old man’s eyes go wide in shock as the enchanted wood of Rill’s Nymbu staff connects, breaking bones, and he drops the ion pistol.

It is common knowledge that the Fennodi practice the Art of Nodox, but somehow everyone seems to forget that the Art is a martial art. Every one of his people that Rill has met knows at least a handful of katas, but Rill is a true devotee and, despite his fatigue, he moves with balance and grace to disarm Killian.

Before he can prepare another stroke to knock the old man unconscious, the girl Kim appears in the room and blasts Rondo with some kind of freezing device, entombing him in a solid block of ice.
Kim Black wrote: “RILL!” Kim yelled over comms. Was he okay? Did it matter? He was in there alone, with no backup!

Quickly grabbing parts from her belt, she cobbled together a quick device. It was shoddy, hurried work, inelegant and not at all blinged out like she liked, but it would work -- once, to get her inside. She had seen enough of the layout from her walk around to know where the office was.

Kim slapped a couple leads onto her chest and pressed the button.

Nothing happened.

She mashed the button hard.

Nothing.

“Gosh darn it!” Kim snarled, throwing the controller onto the ground. She slammed her foot down hard on it several times.

FWUMP! BLINK!

Kim was gone!

Kim staggered out of the teleport and into the office. She yanked an ivory rod tipped with a white diamond from her belt and thrust it out. A blast of cold slammed into Rondo. Frost and ice coated the newly recovered man, encasing him in ice, causing the floor to ice over.

“Rill! Are you alright?” Kim asked, catching herself on the corner of the desk before she face planted herself, much as Rondo was doing now as he toppled over in his icy prison.
Rill blinks his eyes a couple of times, genuinely surprised by the child’s appearance, and touched at her concern. She has known me only a matter of hours, he thinks, and yet she risked her life to enter this house to save me. He gives her a small, affectionate smile and nods. ”I am quite well, child. Thank you.” Gesturing at the console, he says ”It is good that you are here. This is the terminal Rondo used to activate the house’s defenses. I am not much for computers, but perhaps you can find a way to disarm them before anyone else is injured?”

His suggestion made, Rill steps out of the way to allow Kim room to work. He looks on the aura of the guard Killian shot, just in case, but the man’s spirit has clearly moved on. He takes a knee next to the body, bows his head in prayer, and utters a quick blessing. That done, he quietly recites “In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you,” and, a few moments later, says a soft amen.

As he stands, he thinks, This one will haunt me. I brought Rondo back, and he used the new life the Lord gave him to take the life of another before the hour was up.
Last edited by Rill on Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Character Sheet
Sir Blurre
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Sir Blurre »

Fighting 6
Fighting [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Fighting [dice]1[/dice]
Benny: Extra Effort [dice]2[/dice]
After they got out to the Mesa, Sir Blurre began jogging back to the House, and then returning; the idea was to take advantage of his mobility in case things went pear-shaped at either end of things.

He wasn't expecting this particular pear, though. Rondo going on a killing spree? And what the hell was that about ghosts? "Folks, just a piece of advice--I really think we need to take Rondo alive, if at all possible. I'm gonna deal with the outer guns."

Moving like lightning, Blurre once again begins relying on his advantage over technology to be able to evade the outer perimeter guns, moving up to them in turn and hacking at any that he can reach with his psi-knives. One shot gets a bit closer than he'd like, but he ducks at the last second and it ends up taking out the one that he'd been charging, instead.
Sir Blurre
Quick Stats
Quick-Flex Cyber-Knight

Silverclaws
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Silverclaws »

With the rise of dust, the rupturing of the earth, fried wiring, and the occassional smell of burnt ozone, Silver decideds he better radio the details and try and settle the cattle down.

On the comms, "Seems there are some very old and unused electrical wiring that runs from the ranch house to my best guess, the Mesa or at least further in the northeasterly direction."

"Secure the old fool. My cover is still secure here on the perimeter. Status check?"

He moves from his blind and brings the cattle back together. He keeps eyes on the ruptured ground and makes sure the cattle stay away from the trenches and ditches created. Reassuring the cattle he lets them return to grazing on the scrub. He returns to his blind and begins a new search of additional dust clouds and fractured earth, sighted along with his scope.
Silverclaws
Quick Stats _
Combat Edges:
Relevant Edges:
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • Chain Greatsword
Adventure Cards _
Kim Black
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kim Black »

Notice 4 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 9 Raise
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Kim slipped her Blizzard Blaster back onto her belt and walked over to give Rill a tight hug. She looked over at Rondo Killian. The old man’s head was free, so he wouldn’t suffocate, but he was covered in ice.

“Keep an eye on him,” she told Rill as she walked over to the controls in the desk, studying them to see how they worked. She tapped her as she worked.

“Kim to Blurre. Rondo is alive. For now.” She shot the old man a withering look before going back to her work. “Rill, check with the ranch hands. See if they have any shackles or manacles or anything we can secure Killian with, or a cellar we can lock him in. He’s going to have to stand trial for murder,” the teenager said coolly.

Conditions:
Vehicle
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Cargo
      • ROF 4
      • AP 2
      • ROF 1
Character Tracking

• 42/42 shots
  • PPE 10/10
  • PPE 13/17
Hellfire Sword
  • PPE 10/10
Jammer Pistol
  • 10/10 shots
UEMC (10 charges/e-clip)
Adventure Cards

Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Hellfire Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
  • UEMC

Vehicles
  • Size 5
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Toughness 25 (14)
  • Crew 1+5
  • Handling 1
  • Hover
  • Environmental systems
  • MDC Armor
  • Sensor suite
  • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector
    • ROF 1
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Mini Rail Gun
  • Toughness 17 (8)
  • Size 2
  • Exposed Crew, Hover
  • Toughness 23 (12)
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Size 4
  • Crew 1+3
  • Remaining Mods 2
Mission Loot
5 Plasma grenades
4 Frag grenades
Orrin Truthseeker
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Held Notice 8
Continuing from previous with Notice check
Orrin continues a slow rotation, keeping an eye out for trouble as Rill performs his miraculous healing of Rondo. Though his mind occasionally wanders, he passes the time in conversation with Jasco. The man is actually quite engaging, making it easy to forget his background. Though Orrin supposes that make sense for an information broker.

Eventually it becomes clear from the sounds coming through the radio that Rill has finished his healing and that Rondo is alive and well. Orrin stimulates his chakra to improve his perception of his surroundings so that he can get one last good look around before descending to the buggy. Out of nowhere, he hears the sharp, unmistakable sounds of an Ion blaster through the radio. As he reaches for it, a couple of bright flashes from the base of the Mesa draw his attention. He focuses on where they came from, and shiver crawls up Orrin's spine as a deep sense of looming danger settles on his mind.

We are missing something here. Something far more dangerous than Marl and a couple of goons.

Orrin flicks on his mystical sight as he reaches for his radio, which has been filled with the indescipherable sounds of a scuffle to this point. Before he can ask for a report, he hears jones voice coming from the speaker
Jack Bullet Jones wrote: "Orrin, looks like ol' Rondo didn't like the idea of bein' crawfished by his own men. Ah reckon y'all better expect Marl ta come ridin' in, knowin' our luck."
Orrin flips his radio to broadcast and responds in a the slow measured pace as he scans the area around the Mesa for any magical signatures I think Marl is going to be the least of our worries. There is something going on at the base of the Mesa. A saw a few large flashes about the same time shots were fired. And something on the Ley Line is...wrong....there is something...dangerous nearby. I can't explain it, but we need tread carefully. I'm on my way. Keep me updated."

Worried about the preacher and the rest of his team, Orrin descends to Jasco's buggy as quickly as he can while drawing power from the Ley Line. They race off in a cloud of dust toward the ranch.
Ley Line Draw
Spellcasting [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Orrin Truthseeker
Orrin Truthseeker

+3 from Stella
+1 Jack Joker
+1 Tito Joker
-2 try to free the kids
-1 Reroll puppet resist

Aventure Cards:

Spill the Beans:

Update Signature
Rill
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Rill »

(Rolls Held: Notice 6, CK 4)
Kim Black wrote: Kim slipped her Blizzard Blaster back onto her belt and walked over to give Rill a tight hug. She looked over at Rondo Killian. The old man’s head was free, so he wouldn’t suffocate, but he was covered in ice.

“Keep an eye on him,” she told Rill as she walked over to the controls in the desk, studying them to see how they worked. She tapped her as she worked.

“Kim to Blurre. Rondo is alive. For now.” She shot the old man a withering look before going back to her work. “Rill, check with the ranch hands. See if they have any shackles or manacles or anything we can secure Killian with, or a cellar we can lock him in. He’s going to have to stand trial for murder,” the teenager said coolly.
Rill calls out to the guards, who are on their way anyway after the ion blaster shot. “Please, we have the situation contained! Rondo tricked us all and shot one of your guards, but I have him incapacitated. One of my companions just arrived and is attempting to disable the house’s defenses, but we need something to bind Rondo. Would one of you fetch me a rope?”

One of the guards provides Rill with a rope, and he kneels beside Rondo, working the knots quickly as the ice dissipates. “It has been years since I worked as a ranch hand, Mr. Killian,” he says coolly as he wraps the rope around Killian’s wrists and ankles, “but I remember perfectly well how to hog-tie an unruly animal such as yourself.
Character Sheet
Silverclaws
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Silverclaws »

Notice 5 success or 7 for smell and sound success, CK 3 failure
Notice [dice]0[/dice]

Wild CK [dice]3[/dice]
Silver hearing Orrin describe flashes at the base of the Mesa, uses his rifle scope to track and pinpoint what Orrin was describing.

Cueing up his mic to his radio, "Killian activated from the house. The wiring is old running from the house to the Mesa. The broken wiring with the electrical surge caused ruptures along the ground, like many earthquakes. The smell of burnt wiring and the dust from the mini ruptures rattled the cattle a bit. Once again my cover is secure here. I am tracking the flashes Orrin mentioned."
Silverclaws
Quick Stats _
Combat Edges:
Relevant Edges:
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • Chain Greatsword
Adventure Cards _
Severianna
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Severianna »

Notice 4,6,6 CK 2
Notice [dice]0[/dice] +2 for sight based rolls (cybernetic eyes) & +2 for rolls that relate to traps and similar devices (Larceny)
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]
Driving Skill Roll - Sucess with a raise 10
Driving [dice]4[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]5[/dice]
Wild Die ACE [dice]6[/dice]
Severianna kicks the hovercycyle into overdrive as the turrets come on line. She comes in close to one and draws its fire from the melee and ranged combatants below. A duck here and a doge there she flies the cycle like 'a leaf on the wind' luckily not getting hit by any blasts. As the team below makes quick work of one turret she moves on to fly some loop'd loops around the next closest firing machine which lets the other come in and attack it without being the objects of its aggression.
Last edited by Severianna on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Severianna
Quick Stats

Adventure cards:

Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Rondo drops to the floor like a sack of frozen hashbrowns. Already stunned by a blow from Rill's staff, the old rancher is left in stupor by the cold, though you suspect he'll recover soon.

Outside, Jack and the ranch hands manage to blast several of the guard turrets. Kim had managed to disconnect and reprogram more than half of them, and Severianna manages to confuse the rest with her trick flying while the marksmen pick them off one-by-one. Blurre finishes off the last as he comes racing into the compound, psi-blades blazing.

With not even a scorch-mark among them, the rebel ranch hands look on the group with a mix of respect and gratitude. At this point, you'd have to really step in it for things to devolve into a gun fight, although you've yet to figure a way out of the impasse entirely.

As Rill hog-ties Rondo, one of the female captives walks in and leans against the door.

"You should have let him die," she says, gazing down at the old man with a frown. "Now you're going to have to kill him, 'cause he'll never sell this place. He may be my daddy, but any good that was in him was burned out long ago by those 'ghosts' he talked to, out there in the old dig at Shaft 13. Marl's got pert near as bad."

She folds her arms, and sighs, gazing out a north-facing window.

"Used to, Daddy would go out there and parlay with the ghosts - havin' a 'palaver' was what he called it - and when he come back he'd have some new design fer a water pump, or a new trick fer taming the dinos. Another time it was a scheme fer turning a couple of the other ranchers against each other, and the time after that he had a bunch of new code for the pump sequencer. But every time he went he came back a little sicker, and eventually the ghosts didn't have much to say. He was out there six months ago asking about how to get out from under the Black Market debt when he collapsed, and he ain't hardly woken up since."

"I reckon that's where Marl's gone now, out to Shaft 13 to wake the ghosts and get 'em to tell him how to kill you all. He'll come back just as poisoned as Daddy, but if the ghosts start talking, you better 'ware whatever secrets they pass on."
Kim Black
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kim Black »

Notice 4 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 9 Raise
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Kim looked up from the control panel as the woman entered and started talking.

“I’m sorry to hear that, Miss…” Kim prompted, coming around the desk and over to the woman. “That’s a nice dress,” she complimented. “What can you tell us about these ghosts?” she asked. “You said they gave him codes for the pump sequencer?” She wondered if that was the code she had found. “Rondo will have to face justice, so he may likely have to sell, regardless. He straight up murdered that man.” She nodded to the corpse still lying on the floor. “Rill, you, uh, want to do something about him?” Kim said with a wince. “I’m sorry about all this. We’re really trying to get everyone out of this alive, and hopefully with a home. Do you know who the Black Market representative was that the Misters Killian were working with? Maybe we should get him out here for a negotiation with everyone, see if we can’t come to an arrangement.”

Conditions:
Vehicle
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Cargo
      • ROF 4
      • AP 2
      • ROF 1
Character Tracking

• 42/42 shots
  • PPE 10/10
  • PPE 13/17
Hellfire Sword
  • PPE 10/10
Jammer Pistol
  • 10/10 shots
UEMC (10 charges/e-clip)
Adventure Cards

Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Hellfire Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
  • UEMC

Vehicles
  • Size 5
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Toughness 25 (14)
  • Crew 1+5
  • Handling 1
  • Hover
  • Environmental systems
  • MDC Armor
  • Sensor suite
  • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector
    • ROF 1
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Mini Rail Gun
  • Toughness 17 (8)
  • Size 2
  • Exposed Crew, Hover
  • Toughness 23 (12)
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Size 4
  • Crew 1+3
  • Remaining Mods 2
Mission Loot
5 Plasma grenades
4 Frag grenades
Rill
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Rill »

Notice 14, CK 6
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Wild Ace! [dice]4[/dice]
Modifiers +2 (Awareness) +2 (sight)

CK [dice]2[/dice]
Wild[dice]3[/dice]
Modifier +2 (HJ)
Tribe of One wrote:As Rill hog-ties Rondo, one of the female captives walks in and leans against the door.

"You should have let him die," she says, gazing down at the old man with a frown. "Now you're going to have to kill him, 'cause he'll never sell this place. He may be my daddy, but any good that was in him was burned out long ago by those 'ghosts' he talked to, out there in the old dig at Shaft 13. Marl's got pert near as bad."

She folds her arms, and sighs, gazing out a north-facing window.

"Used to, Daddy would go out there and parlay with the ghosts - havin' a 'palaver' was what he called it - and when he come back he'd have some new design fer a water pump, or a new trick fer taming the dinos. Another time it was a scheme fer turning a couple of the other ranchers against each other, and the time after that he had a bunch of new code for the pump sequencer. But every time he went he came back a little sicker, and eventually the ghosts didn't have much to say. He was out there six months ago asking about how to get out from under the Black Market debt when he collapsed, and he ain't hardly woken up since."

"I reckon that's where Marl's gone now, out to Shaft 13 to wake the ghosts and get 'em to tell him how to kill you all. He'll come back just as poisoned as Daddy, but if the ghosts start talking, you better 'ware whatever secrets they pass on."
Rill flips on his radio. “This is Rill. Be advised that, per Rondo’s daughter, Marl may be at silo 13 and preparing to attack. A supernatural element may be in play, as she suggested Rondo and Marl have been receiving guidance or power from some otherworldly source. The ghosts that Rondo mentioned. Kim and I are speaking with her and will update the team as we learn anything actionable.”

At Kim’s request, Rill looks about for something he can use to cover the body and spots an old blanket in the corner. Bringing it over, he lays it over the unfortunate man and says, “This will have to do until we can get him moved outside.”
Character Sheet
Silverclaws
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Silverclaws »

Notice 9 success, raise or 11 for sniffing and hearing, success, raise, CK 6 success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Aced Wild [dice]4[/dice]

Wild CK [dice]3[/dice]
Still laying in his blind sighting down towards the mesa with his scoped rifle, Silver pulls himself from the blind and sits up as Rill relays the details about Rondo, Marl, and ghosts.

"Ghosts? Really non corpreal apparations? Can the day get any better? Bet the ghosts love silver?"

As Silver says the word "silver" there is a very audible "shink". Three of them actually.

Silver checks the sky, to guage how much of the day remains.

"Orrin you making plans for this area 13 and the ghosts?"
Silverclaws
Quick Stats _
Combat Edges:
Relevant Edges:
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • Chain Greatsword
Adventure Cards _
Sir Blurre
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Sir Blurre »

Blurre, with Sev's overwatch, finishes off the last of the automated defenses that are still hostile. "Ghosts.... I suspect demons playing games, actually. Whatever it is, we need to deal with it--but we also have to be sure the civilians are safe. Commander, do you think we could persuade the folks in the Big House to high-tail it back to town, hunker down until this all blows over? If we head after Marl, and he comes back loaded for bear from another angle, things are going to be that much worse."
Sir Blurre
Quick Stats
Quick-Flex Cyber-Knight

Jack 'Bullet' Jones
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Notice 15, CK 11
Notice
[dice]0[/dice]

Ace
[dice]6[/dice]

2nd Ace
[dice]9[/dice]

WD Notice
[dice]1[/dice]

CK
[dice]2[/dice]

WD CK
[dice]3[/dice]

Ace
[dice]7[/dice]
Persuasion 17
Persuasion
[dice]4[/dice]

WD Persuasion
[dice]5[/dice]

Ace WD
[dice]8[/dice]
As the gunfire and chaos falls quiet, Jack holsters one of his pistols and reaches down to help Pete to his feet. "Y'alright there, Pete? Blasted things near smoked ya. That'll wake ya up in the mornin' though, won't it?" Pete looks a bit frazzled, but unharmed. He offers Jack a relieved smile. Jack surveys the aftermath and notes no significant injuries. Satisfied the fight is over, he holsters the other pistol.

Turning towards the porch, he calls out. "Hey, Slade! Y'alright over there? Say...we friends yet? Ah don't see this thing gettin' less messy. Rondo's blastin' away at the people that cured him an' talkin' 'bout speakin' ta ghosts. Marl's 'bout as crazy, if'n he's gone talkin' ta the same ghosts. No more foolin' around. Let's work on gettin' the women and children outta here. If'n we were here ta take y'all out, ah didn't have ta save Pete's life when that all went down. Ah don't rightly know what we're gonna do 'bout ol' Marl, or Rondo, fer that matter, but ah know we ain't leavin' the women an' kids here. Let's get 'em outta here an' back ta Black Mesa. Ah know a girl that'll get 'em put up somewhere safe, and y'all end up lookin' like yer doin' right by folk by lettin' them that don't have a hand at the table go free and safe. We can chew the rag 'bout what ta do 'bout the Killian boys, but the women and kids gotta go." Jack begins walking, slowly but boldly, towards the porch.

"Come on, partner. Y'all been dealt yer hand, but ya can't win with a dog, an' the other player's crazier'n an outhouse rat. Know when ta fold 'em and try on the next deal." He stares intently at Slade with an uncompromising look on his face. "Do the right thing, Slade. Let 'em go."
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Current Status Post
  • +6 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
  • FEP
  • +2 Gambling
Weapon(s) in holster:
Adventure Cards:
  • none drawn yet
Edit Signature
Orrin Truthseeker
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Notice 4 CK 3
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
CK [dice]2[/dice]
wild [dice]3[/dice]
Dust flies and Jasco brings the buggy to a sudden stop, the passenger side with Orrin in it facing away from the house. Orrin jumps out of the passenger seat, keeping the buggy between him and the house, just in case. He looks around, and sees various smoking heaps of metal scattered around the yard and on the roof of the ranch. A few turrets remain, but rotate as though looking for targets rather than shooting on the ranch hands or the legion. He spots Jack helping up a ranch hand and walks over just as Jack starts to make his petition to Slade.

While waiting for the ranchers to come to a conclusion, he radios the team, not caring much if any of the rebels hear his message. Though he tries, he cant quite keep the anxiety from his voice caused by what he felt on the Ley Line.

"Regardless of what this group decides, we need to head to the Mesa as soon as possible to try and head off whatever Marl has cooking. Whether it's demons or ghosts, whatever the Killian's are in bed with are a lot more dangerous to this community, including these children, than these underpaid ranch hands are. If he is working with dark energies, the sooner we catch up to Marl, the less power or support he will be able to drum up. As long as we can keep Marl away from here or the city and keep Rondo detained, we should be able to clear this up without any more innocents being harmed. I'm confident these men wont harm the women or children, though I'm not as sure Marl won't."

For the Ranch hands he adds, "If he somehow gets by us this will be the first place he comes looking, and when he does everyone would be much better off in Black Mesa than here on the ranch."
Orrin Truthseeker
Orrin Truthseeker

+3 from Stella
+1 Jack Joker
+1 Tito Joker
-2 try to free the kids
-1 Reroll puppet resist

Aventure Cards:

Spill the Beans:

Update Signature
Severianna
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Severianna »

Notice 8,10,10 CK 9
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Wild Dice Ace [dice]4[/dice]

Common Knowledge Ace [dice]5[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]
Severianna brings the hovercycle down to the ground after the turrets are taken care of. Sounds like we're likely to be movin on by all the talk and nervousness. Sev looks around for Rill and waits for him in case he wants a ride. She looks to Orrin, Rill and the group for their next move.

"Ghosts?" she says. There really are all sorts of things I never thought I'd be dealing with. Not sure that's a good thing or not. I haven't been bored, that's for sure. This group sure does know how to find trouble and show a girl an exciting time.
Severianna
Quick Stats

Adventure cards:

Kim Black
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kim Black »

Notice 4 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 7 Success
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Ace [dice]4[/dice]

Kim heard Orrin’s concern and plan. She glanced over at Rondo and then at the man’s daughter and the remaining ranch hand in the room. “You have someplace we can put him?” she asked. “Or can keep an eye on him? We don’t want him dead,” she warned.

Kim hit her comm. “So...does anyone have any ideas on how you fight ghosts?” she asked. “I’ve never dealt with something like that. Not sure if my gizmos will do much good unless we can make them tangible.”

Conditions:
Vehicle
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Cargo
      • ROF 4
      • AP 2
      • ROF 1
Character Tracking

• 42/42 shots
  • PPE 10/10
  • PPE 13/17
Hellfire Sword
  • PPE 10/10
Jammer Pistol
  • 10/10 shots
UEMC (10 charges/e-clip)
Adventure Cards

Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Hellfire Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
  • UEMC

Vehicles
  • Size 5
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Toughness 25 (14)
  • Crew 1+5
  • Handling 1
  • Hover
  • Environmental systems
  • MDC Armor
  • Sensor suite
  • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector
    • ROF 1
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Mini Rail Gun
  • Toughness 17 (8)
  • Size 2
  • Exposed Crew, Hover
  • Toughness 23 (12)
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Size 4
  • Crew 1+3
  • Remaining Mods 2
Mission Loot
5 Plasma grenades
4 Frag grenades
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

The mining 'Borg Slade returns Jack's stare just as intently for a long moment, then breaks into a booming, metallic laugh that on a normal human might be described as belly-shaking.

"I like you Jones, I really do. Under ordinary circumstances, I'd gladly share a bottle with you, even if it meant getting cheated out of my paycheck at cards. Hell, I'd even let you date my sister."

He grows serious, and the laughter stops.

"But that don't mean I'm going to throw away my life, or the lives of these men. With Marl running around, the only thing between us and a shallow grave are those hostages. I ain't keen to sit around here 'til he drops a missile on us, though, so how 'bout this: You and your crew head toward the old dig to take care of Marl. Soon as we're sure you're in between us and him, we'll load everyone up in the hover-trailer we use to move cattle and head on into Black Mesa to the Sidewinder. We'll hang there and keep Rondo on ice 'til you get back with Marl -- breathing or otherwise, as is your preference. Then maybe we can figure a way to resolve this whole mess."

He reaches out his over-sized claw hand and spits (hydraulic fluid?) into the palm.

"What do you say, pard?"
Silverclaws
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Silverclaws »

Silver lays beneath his blind, grateful for the shade and equally grateful that there has not been more chaos at the ranch house. Picking up the butt of his rifle once more, he places it into his right shoulder and looks through the scope. He continues making mental notes and storing black and white images to his built in mini computer. Every detail he can find is being processed for strategic and tactical advantages. He has no way of knowing what is down there, but every piece information will be available.
Silverclaws
Quick Stats _
Combat Edges:
Relevant Edges:
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • Chain Greatsword
Adventure Cards _
Orrin Truthseeker
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Orrin watches as the unusual fluid drips from the cyborgs palm onto the cracked floorboards of the porch. He glances nervously at the Mesa again, a mix of excitement and fear fighting within him.

The children were unharmed before we arrived, and there is no reason they shouldn't stay that way as long as Marl doesn't show up

Anxious to get on the road and find out what Killians have been up to, he catches Jones's eye and give a single, discrete nod. While he was technically the CO of the outreach team, he was always happy to let Jones do as much of the interaction as possible.

Especially if it meant he wouldnt have to touch whatever just came out of that guys mouth...
Orrin Truthseeker
Orrin Truthseeker

+3 from Stella
+1 Jack Joker
+1 Tito Joker
-2 try to free the kids
-1 Reroll puppet resist

Aventure Cards:

Spill the Beans:

Update Signature
Jack 'Bullet' Jones
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Jack finishes his walk to the porch, confident that nobody's going to be pulling any triggers...yet. He breaks into a slow smile. Noting Orrin's quiet agreement, he replies. "Them women and kids get back ta the Sidewinder alright, Slade, ah'll be satisfied. Ya drive a hard bargain, but ah reckon it's as fair a deal as any. First round's on me when we get back." Jack, never one to turn his nose up at a time-honored gesture, pulls the glove off of his hand, spits into his own palm, and shakes hands with the borg. "Deal, partner."

He turns back to Orrin. "Orrin, ah reckon we oughta saddle up and get on out there faster'n a duck on a june bug. Ain't no reason ta let Marl do his dirty business any longer'n he's already had." Tipping his hat to Slade and Hadley, he exits the porch and heads for the horse. "Rill, Kim, if yer all set in there, we're gonna skedaddle. Got us a date with ol' Marl and some ghosts."

What in tarnation is on my hand?
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Current Status Post
  • +6 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
  • FEP
  • +2 Gambling
Weapon(s) in holster:
Adventure Cards:
  • none drawn yet
Edit Signature
Severianna
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Severianna »

Sev swoops down to the porch to pick up Rill. She gives Slade a wink and a nod and whips her tail over to the borgs hand and gives him a tail bump to his fist.

Looks like that was something that I was supposed to do.

"Vroom, vroom. Let's go Rilly Billy. Hold on tight!"
Severianna
Quick Stats

Adventure cards:

Sir Blurre
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Sir Blurre »

Sir Blurre joins the others, getting on whichever vehicle has room for him, and waits patiently for them to get moving.
Sir Blurre
Quick Stats
Quick-Flex Cyber-Knight

Rill
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Rill »

Severianna wrote:Sev swoops down to the porch to pick up Rill. She gives Slade a wink and a nod and whips her tail over to the borgs hand and gives him a tail bump to his fist.

Looks like that was something that I was supposed to do.

"Vroom, vroom. Let's go Rilly Billy. Hold on tight!"
Rill smiles at the strange girl. Rilly Billy? he thinks. I’ve only known these folks since this morning, and already one has risked her life for me and another is trying out nicknames. How has this group had so little success in town?

He climbs up behind her and says, “Ready when you are, Miss Severianna.”
Character Sheet
Kim Black
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kim Black »

Notice 4 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 9 Raise
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Ace [dice]4[/dice]

Kim watched the agreement go down. Okay, that’s kind of disgusting, she thought as they spit on their hands and shook.

Gathering up her tools, Kim jogged back to join Jack on the robo-horse. “You might need this more than me,” she said, handing him one of her grease-stained rags. “Keep it. I have plenty.” She waited until he had cleaned his hand and had his glove back on before she let him help her up.

Kim felt that tight fluttering in the pit of her stomach again as she settled up behind Jack. Oh, why couldn’t she think straight around him?

“Ready,” she told Jack, wrapping her fingers in his belt again to hold on.

Conditions:
Vehicle
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Cargo
      • ROF 4
      • AP 2
      • ROF 1
Character Tracking

• 42/42 shots
  • PPE 10/10
  • PPE 13/17
Hellfire Sword
  • PPE 10/10
Jammer Pistol
  • 10/10 shots
UEMC (10 charges/e-clip)
Adventure Cards

Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Hellfire Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
  • UEMC

Vehicles
  • Size 5
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Toughness 25 (14)
  • Crew 1+5
  • Handling 1
  • Hover
  • Environmental systems
  • MDC Armor
  • Sensor suite
  • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector
    • ROF 1
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Mini Rail Gun
  • Toughness 17 (8)
  • Size 2
  • Exposed Crew, Hover
  • Toughness 23 (12)
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Size 4
  • Crew 1+3
  • Remaining Mods 2
Mission Loot
5 Plasma grenades
4 Frag grenades
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Slade laughs again after shaking Jack's hand, then slaps him on the back, nearly knocking him over.

"You be careful out there, Jones," he says. "We'll be drinking on your tab at the Sidewinder, and Baz will take it out of my titanium hide if you don't come back to settle up."

Saddling up, the COT leaves the ranch as it arrived, doubled up on cyber-horse and hovercycle, with Silver crouched on top of Jasco's armored car. It's only about a mile to the place where Orrin and Silver spotted the lights, but the terrain is rough and the path is steep, the incline increasing sharply as the scree forms a slope from the dry plains to the base of the mesa.

The ley line to the east grows closer as you cross the stony bed of the Dry Cimarron River. At a guess, you'll be within about a 1/3 of a mile when you reach the site of the old dig. As you climb higher, anyone with augmented vision can begin to make out a tall metal structure -- an oil rig or radio tower, perhaps? -- strung with small bits of reflective material that flash and glitter in the sun.
Notice 6 or better
As you approach, you notice several figures moving near the base of the metal tower. They seem to notice you at the same time -- you catch the flash of a scope or binoculars -- and disappear from sight.
Careful to maintain distance between each vehicle, you approach the site cautiously, Severianna doing several fly-bys on the hovercycle before declaring it safe to advance. When you reach the tower, you see it is built on a small area of relatively flat ground that appears to have carved out of the hillside. At the base of the rusting tower -- strung with apparently random bits of scrap metal and glass -- is a metal-lined shaft leading down into darkness. Next to the shaft, a circular, articulated steel door has been torn from its mount. On the face is stamped "Shaft 13." Fresh tracks and half-smoked cigarillos cover the groun around the shaft. A few of the butts are still warm.

"Ahem. Well, that certainly looks foreboding," Jasco says, eyeing the dark hole with trepidation. "If it suits all of you, I think my talents might be of most use up here, on the surface. Close-quarter fighting isn't really my thing, really. But up here I can keep an eye out for any sort of rear guard, and provide comms support, as well."

Alright, time to enter the dungeon! Since the group is new, this is your chance to establish some Standard Operating Procedures/marching order/scouting precautions, etc. going forward. Make any other preparations you want, and if you need to leave heavy backpacks, etc. behind, note that, too. If you'd like to be sneaky, I'll need one person to make a Stealth roll for the group. Another person should make a Notice for the group. If anyone else wants to try some other skill roll for the group's benefit and can provide a reasonable justification for why it would be beneficial, go ahead and do so. I'll use the results to determine how things play out once you're inside.
Jack 'Bullet' Jones
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Notice 15, CK 9
Notice
[dice]0[/dice]

Ace notice
[dice]4[/dice]

2nd Ace notice
[dice]6[/dice]

WD Notice
[dice]1[/dice]

CK
[dice]2[/dice]

WD CK
[dice]3[/dice]

Ace WD CK
[dice]5[/dice]
Jack does his best to remain on his feet and not face plant after the light pat on the back from the massive borg. "Tell Stella 'Jack said pour us the real good stuff' and y'all won't regret it." And that'll be payback fer nearly breakin' my back there, slappy. Just fer that, ah'm gonna have ta look his sister up.

Jack rides up to Kim and accepts the shop rag graciously. "Much obliged, darlin'." He finishes wiping his hand discreetly, not wanting to betray his cool exterior, but thrilled to remove whatever fluid a cyborg would expel. Replacing his glove and reaching down, he pulls Kim into the saddle and rides for the mineshaft. Focus, Jack. Priorities. Remember yer rule. She is talented, though. Wonder what else she...FOCUS.

The gunslinger's keen eyes spy movement at the base of the tower. "Y'all, ain't no surprise, but ah think we just got spotted. Least we didn't ride out here fer an empty dance floor."
Arriving at the base of the tower, he dismounts first and then helps Kim down, giving her a smile as he turns to the tower to investigate.

He nods to Jasco. "Reckon yer right, partner. Sit tight, hold the fort, keep the home fires burnin'. If we ain't back by dawn, call the Legion." He tips his hat and begins sifting through his pack. Pulling a few choice items out and removing his rifle from the scabbard, he prepares for the trip into the dark. "What's our peckin' order?"
Equipment
Both pistols in holsters, Longshot Rifle (JA-9), vibro-knife in boot; from pack, flashlight, radio, compass, wooden cross.
Last edited by Jack 'Bullet' Jones on Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Current Status Post
  • +6 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
  • FEP
  • +2 Gambling
Weapon(s) in holster:
Adventure Cards:
  • none drawn yet
Edit Signature
Rill
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Rill »

Group Notice, Critical Failure
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild[dice]1[/dice]
Modifiers +2 (Awareness) +2 (sight)
Note: infravision, insofar as it’s applicable
Rill dismounts from the hovercycle and tries his best to blink the dust out of his eyes, with little luck. I should've put my visor down before that last ride!

He doesn't have a pack, having met everyone else at breakfast, but he grabs his enchanted staff and falls in line where he's told.

"What's the plan?" he asks, his eyes watering. Stupid dust!
Character Sheet
Kim Black
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kim Black »

Notice 5 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 4 Success
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
OOC Comments
For purposes of power point regeneration, how long did it take us to get out here?
Kim sighed as they arrived and she had to dismount from behind Jack. She gave him a sheepish smile before looking around, seeing the old metal tower and the heavy metal door ripped off its hinges. Someone was definitely here.

“If they know we’re here, then they’re waiting for us,” Kim said, kicking at the cigarillos. She dug through her pack, pulling out a couple things: first aid kit, survival knife, wooden cross, canteen, and some rations. Her pink backpack didn’t have a lot of extra space, but it had a few outer pockets for small things. The rest of the pack went back into Jasco’s truck.

“Let’s not just approach straight on,” Kim said. “Let me peek inside first, make sure no one is lying in ambush. Then we can put the big guys in front and head in.”

Kim pulled her vibro-sword and moved to the side of the entrance. She edged along the wall. When she was next to the opening, she activated her visual enhancement systems and peeked around the edge.
TW=9 Raise
Darkvision, Farsight, Detect Arcana
Techno-Wizardry [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Notice 4 Success
Notice [dice]6[/dice]
Wild [dice]7[/dice]

Conditions:
Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Vibro-Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
Vehicle
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Cargo
      • ROF 4
      • AP 2
      • ROF 1
Character Tracking

• 42/42 shots
  • PPE 10/10
  • PPE 13/17
Hellfire Sword
  • PPE 10/10
Jammer Pistol
  • 10/10 shots
UEMC (10 charges/e-clip)
Adventure Cards

Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Hellfire Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
  • UEMC

Vehicles
  • Size 5
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Toughness 25 (14)
  • Crew 1+5
  • Handling 1
  • Hover
  • Environmental systems
  • MDC Armor
  • Sensor suite
  • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector
    • ROF 1
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Mini Rail Gun
  • Toughness 17 (8)
  • Size 2
  • Exposed Crew, Hover
  • Toughness 23 (12)
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Size 4
  • Crew 1+3
  • Remaining Mods 2
Mission Loot
5 Plasma grenades
4 Frag grenades
Silverclaws
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Silverclaws »

Notice 4 success, 6 smelling and hearing success, CK 5 success
  • Notice [dice]0[/dice]
  • Wild Notice [dice]1[/dice]
  • Common Knowledge [dice]2[/dice]
  • Wild CK [dice]3[/dice]
Tracking 5 success, Danger Sense 4 success
  • Tracking [dice]4[/dice]
  • Wild Tracking [dice]5[/dice]
  • Danger Sense [dice]6[/dice]
  • Wild Danger [dice]7[/dice]
Silver had his blind packed and ready by the time Jasco and the others came driving by. Gear stowed in the armored car, Silver found purchase and tapped the hood of the car to let Jasco know he could drive on. Great thing about the Cyber gear, it wasn't much bothered by sand and dust. Silver could see up ahead that the Hovercycle with the preacher and the preacher was eating up the desert.

Distance being what he guessed it was to the mesa, Silver is surprised he did not notice the tower. Honestly, that hunk of junk with the reflectors would stick out like a sore thumb or paw.

Silver dismounted the car, grabbed his pack and rifle, and strode over to the hole. The smoked remains triggered his senses. He tried to smell past the smoke at those who had been smoking the cigarillos. He was quite certain that he could follow the scent of both smoker and the tobacco.

"Anyone needing to borrow a weapon," holds up the JA-11 Energy Rifle, "I will get it back from you later. Otherwise it is going back on the rack in Jasco's wheels."
Last edited by Silverclaws on Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silverclaws
Quick Stats _
Combat Edges:
Relevant Edges:
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • Chain Greatsword
Adventure Cards _
Sir Blurre
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Sir Blurre »

After Orrin gives his orders, Sir Blurre takes the rear guard position, last down the ladder, then in the back of the group as they move down the tunnel. His right hand holds the Wilk's pistol, while his left has his Psi-Whip, keeping alert for any trouble, particularly from behind.
Sir Blurre
Quick Stats
Quick-Flex Cyber-Knight

Orrin Truthseeker
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Notice 4
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Detect Arcana 4
Spellcasting [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Chakra Deluge 7
Spellcasting [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Tracking 3
Tracking [dice]6[/dice]
Wild [dice]7[/dice]
It takes a while to organize before heading down mine shaft. While the Legionaires have a standard formation, they struggle for a moment to determine how to integrate the newcomers. Especially because Orrin is 100% sure they can all be trusted yet.

Marching orders settled, Orrin falls into line in the center of the formation along with the preacher and Kim. It only make sense to keep the softest targets in the center. As they survey the area and proceed into the mine shaft, Orrin stimulates the chakra flowing to his eyes and tries to make heads or tails of the tracks around the shaft and in the tunnles. He pays special attention to see if any fresher tracks go down a seperate tunnel than the one they choose to proceed down. He also tries to make out the species or any other details he can glean from the tracks. However, with four of his own team stepping all of the tracks before he sees them, he isnt able to make out much.

Every minute or so, he also flicks on his mystical sight, looking for hints of what may await them up ahead.
Orrin Truthseeker
Orrin Truthseeker

+3 from Stella
+1 Jack Joker
+1 Tito Joker
-2 try to free the kids
-1 Reroll puppet resist

Aventure Cards:

Spill the Beans:

Update Signature
Kim Black
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kim Black »

Notice 5 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 5 Success
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Kim took her place in line near the rear. It made sense. Her backpack had range. She kept her magic optic sensors active as she scanned the tunnel ahead. Feeling a bit vulnerable, she pulled a couple pieces of jewelry out of a pouch at her belt. The first was a slap bracelet covered in white diamonds. It was cool to the touch. The other was a black choker with a shield shaped onyx pendant. She didn’t put any power into the gizmos yet, waiting until there was trouble.

Conditions:
Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Vibro-Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
Vehicle
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Cargo
      • ROF 4
      • AP 2
      • ROF 1
Character Tracking

• 42/42 shots
  • PPE 10/10
  • PPE 13/17
Hellfire Sword
  • PPE 10/10
Jammer Pistol
  • 10/10 shots
UEMC (10 charges/e-clip)
Adventure Cards

Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Hellfire Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
  • UEMC

Vehicles
  • Size 5
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Toughness 25 (14)
  • Crew 1+5
  • Handling 1
  • Hover
  • Environmental systems
  • MDC Armor
  • Sensor suite
  • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector
    • ROF 1
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Mini Rail Gun
  • Toughness 17 (8)
  • Size 2
  • Exposed Crew, Hover
  • Toughness 23 (12)
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Size 4
  • Crew 1+3
  • Remaining Mods 2
Mission Loot
5 Plasma grenades
4 Frag grenades
Severianna
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Severianna »

Notice 5,7,7 CK 3
Notice Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

Common Knowledge Wild Die [dice]5[/dice]
Stealth Roll
Stealth Roll [dice]3[/dice] (+2 in urban environments only)
Stealth Wild Die [dice]4[/dice]
Severianna
Quick Stats

Adventure cards:

Rill
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Rill »

Danger Sense 8, Success with Raise, Starts on Hold
Notice (for Danger Sense) [dice]0[/dice]
Notice Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Modifiers +2 (Awareness) +2 (Sight) -2 (Danger Sense) - [dice]2[/dice] (for critical failure)
Rill sniffles and sneezes, and his eyes continue to water. This is more than just dust, he thinks. After another sneeze, he looks up at Silver and thinks, I wonder what kind of dander a giant wolf-man has? Is it possible I could be allergic? Once positions are assigned, he is more than happy to move to a spot in the middle of the line, and a little ways away from Silver. I believe our furry friend could use a bath.

As the party descends into the mine, Rill tries his best to keep himself alert. Being back a bit from Silver helps clear his head a little, and he scans their surroundings constantly for the first sign of an attack.
Character Sheet

Return to “Adventure Archive”